• Address: 4313 Hollow Hill Drive Tampa, FL
    • Business Hours: 8:30am -11:00pm M-F
    • Fax: 813-441-7233

Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"First, congratulate yourself if you've found this review site before you completed your order with Race-Mart. You're doing your due diligence before you deal with a deplorable online retailer. Read through all the reviews, stand in awe of their sheer number and almost ubiquitous disapproval, and then proceed to make an informed decision about whether or not you will do business with this company.

Personally, I count myself in the same lot as the legion of disappointed customers. I called Paul with an urgent request for a clutch kit to replace my broken clutch. I asked, quite clearly and repeatedly, if said clutch kit included a throwout/release bearing. Paul assured me that it did and could ship that day or the next (9/4 or 9/5). Trusting Paul, I committed to the order, expecting a tracking number before the weekend. After several calls to him, another female employee, and several emails, I finally received a tracking number that following Monday (9/8). The kit soon arrived without the throwout bearing. After a couple of indignant conversations with Paul, he refused to admit that he had told me that the throwout bearing was included with the kit. Even worse, he refused to make it right by shipping me a new throwout bearing, citing that "he doesn't carry that part." I sent him a part number and a supplier's website on which to order it in hopes that he would make things right with me, but again he refused. He later sent me a link to an Ebay retailer, telling me that I could buy the part myself.

This company displayed a complete lack of customer service, paying no mind to the satisfaction of their customer and acting in a way that could reasonably be interpreted as fraudulent. Realize that my experience with them is my own and that yours may be different. However, if you take the time to read Paul's responses to the complaints on this site, you'll see that his priority is to acrimoniously save face rather than make the customer happy. If you feel that, after reading this and other reviews, you should do business with this company, please understand that you are doing so at your own personal and financial risk. Paul will likely write something in response to this review explaining that this EXACT part number shipped from the manufacturer with the EXACT parts that the kit was supposed to contain, which is absolutely true. However, he misled me about the contents of the kit when we first spoke and then was unwilling to help in any way once I expressed my discontent to him. No company should operate with such a complete disregard for their customer's satisfaction and expect to remain in business.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-16-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“This customer was looking for an aftermarket decent quality clutch kit for his Hyundai Genesis that he could get his hands on quickly. He originally asked for an ACT clutch that would have taken two weeks to get. We offered a Competition Clutch, clutch and flywheel kit that the manufacturer had in stock. It was ordered and shipped right away.

Clutch manufacturers typically include standard pilot bearings with clutch kits. What is unique about a 2010 Hyundai Genesis is that it doesn't use a standard pilot bearing so you can't provide something that the vehicle doesn't use. It uses an OEM integrated clutch release slave cylinder assembly. This part is resueable and is not required to be replaced for a clutch change. As a result no clutch manufacturer provides OEM parts in clutch kits. The customer was provided with everything he need to accomplish a clutch change.”

"The first time I ever had a problem with a company ! These guys are the pits..I purchased a Lunati Cam kit on 6/18...six days later I called to return it and get a RMA from them. They said they would e mail it. When I called back because I didnt get the RMA...they said its past 10 days. Their policy states NO RETURNS AFTER 10 days..They stalled the RMA and STUCK me for $400.00 !"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-09-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“An order was placed on our website on June 18th for a cam kit. The kit was shipped the following day on June 19th. The customer requested in writing by email a return authorization (which we require) on August 18th, a full two months after shipment. We allow adequate time for a customer to request a return (14 days after shipment) as published in our Return Policy but two months is way outside of that allowable time frame.”

"I asked if he (paul) had some 5th wheel jacks in stock the answer was "YES they are in stock" this was 6-9-14. I explained to him that he was a little more expensive then other places but since he had them in stock I'll order them. 3 days later the order is still pending shipping when asked why it was because they were on back order when asked what happen to the parts in stock when I oirder them I got the excuse of "we must of sold them before your order was processed" Date of when to expect the order to be shipped 7-7-14. I request to cancel my order and Stella said " I'll have to ask my management" no response. I had my credit card company reject the payment on 6-25-14 got some other brand jacks before 7-4... Now on 7-19 I get an email stating the parts have been shipped (7-20 is a sunday) so 7-21 i told paul not to ship because I won't pay for something that was misrepresented his response was this is a special order item please refer to or return policy which states no refund.. I called fedex and found that fedex hasn't even picked up the order yet on monday afternoon. bottom line Race Mart will lie to you about the what they have in stock!!! They will lie to you about inquiring a refund!!! and they will lie to about when they do ship something. ps trying to be coy the changed the order number yes paul you got caught"

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-27-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The item in question is clearly listed in the item description on our website in big bold red letters that this is a Special Order Item. When the customer inquired the manufacturer had one in stock showing a quantity of 1. When the item was to be picked in the warehouse it turns out that the one on the shelf was a customer return and not suitable to be shipped as a new product. The item was destroyed by the manufacturer and the inventory was adjusted accordingly. The order continued to process as a Special Order item which is how it was sold. The customer acknowledged at checkout that he read, understood and accepted our Terms of Sale which contains our Special Order Policy that states in part:

"By placing a special order, you are accepting the fact that the delivery time is not defined and you are accepting the delivery time regardless of what it is. You also recognize that in most cases we have absolutely no control over the delivery time is as it is dictated by the manufacturer who often change production dates. Once placed, all special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with this policy, please do not place an order for a special order item."”

"Like all the other negative reviews we ordered a standard off the shelf item. They gave us bogus shipping dates. Well they will say that I agreed to this and it is a special order item. Well everything they sell is special order. Not filling an order and keeping the money is fraud."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-20-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The customer ordered a Reese 30140 that is on national back order. Our website clearly lists this item as a Special Order item. The customer agreed at checkout to wait for the item in accordance with our Special Order Policy that states in part:
" By placing a special order, you are accepting the fact that the delivery time is not defined and you are accepting the delivery time regardless of what it is. You also recognize that in most cases we have absolutely no control over the delivery time is as it is dictated by the manufacturer who often change production dates. Once placed, all special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with this policy, please do not place an order for a special order item."

"Sold and charged for an item that wasn't in stock. Pending ship date showed on the status after that was 3 weeks out. Came and went, I emailed twice, and called twice trying to find out what happened. Third call resulted in a report of it being at least a month out, so I asked for a refund. They stated to send an email to process refund, that was 4 business days ago now, and still nothing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Update 05/26/14-
I mistakenly entered the wrong order number...mine was 31812, and has never shipped, nor have I ever received a refund (receiver hitch). Complaints opened with BBB and my credit card company. Was due to ship on 05/02/14.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-20-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

““The customer ordered a Draw-Tite 24901 that is on national back order. Our website clearly lists this item as a Special Order item in the item description. The customer agreed at checkout to wait for the item in accordance with our Special Order Policy that states in part:

The item will be shipped as soon as it's available directly from the manufacturer.””

"My order did NOT match the description. Was told I would receive a "Same day response" and have been waiting for 3 days now, and still waiting. My car is still in pieces waiting for the parts I was told were included in my purchase, forcing me to find other means of transportation. When I do talk to someone, they are quick to push you off the phone and are little to NO help. The items they DID decided to put in the box came rather quick."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-26-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“Actually, yes, the order matched exactly to the item description as does the image. The customer wanted a coil over sleeve kit with a top and bottom Part number RM9964143 however what he ordered was a RM9964163 which is only a replacement sleeve without the top and bottom. We can only conclude that when he called, he inquired about the kit then he fat fingered the part number when he entered the order, ordering only the sleeve. We decided to help the customer out and send him the tops and bottoms at no charge by FedEx overnight to get him out of his jam. You would have thought he would have been a little more appreciative.”

"These people are the worst!!!! They are the kind of e-commerce scum that lure you in with low prices and claims of the items being in stock when they have zero stock and are run out of a living room. Then they have a clever "agreement" which you must click on which states, way down at the bottom, that the item you are trying to purchase is a special order item and can take over 3 weeks to get even though you can walk to any store and buy a dozen of them. By the way, right after I got off the phone with Paul who was very rude and told me these spark plugs are very rare and special order only I checked with several other online shopping places and were able to order them immediately and they are already on the way with a tracking number. I urge you, don't walk away, RUN away from these clowns!!!! I buy almost exclusively online and I am happy to say that most e-commerce sites aren't preditory like these vermon. So go somewhere else, anywhere else!!!! Also don't be fooled by Paul's slick response to every bad comment. Ask yourself, what is the chance that EVERY bad experience is the fault of the customer? If you take Paul's responses at face value he is as pure as the driven snow. Not a single Oops, or my bad, always it's the customer that is wrong. Sure that could be the case some of the time BUT NEVER ALL THE TIME!!!! This guy and his merry band of theives are laughing all the way to the bank. EVERYTHING they sell is ordered and drop shipped. This can sometimes be a benefit IF the company also has good customer service which this scam club obviously does NOT have. "

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-26-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The NGK IFR6Q-G spark plug on our website https://www.race-mart.com/NGK-NGK-IFR6Q-G.html is clearly identified in the item description as follows in big bold red letters:

This is a Special Order Item
The Manufacturer Offers Drop Shipments For Special Order Items: No
Manufacturer's Drop Ship Fee For Special Order items If Desired: $ 0.00
NGK Special Orders are added to our weekly stocking orders. NGK Special orders typically ship within 2-3 weeks. Once placed, NGK Special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable.

There really isn't much more to be said. We did not hold a gun to the customer's head to force him to place an order. With the available information he chose of his own free will to place an order, to wait the time and to agree to our terms of sale. If he didn't like these terms he could have walked down to his local store and tried his luck to buy them there. It was his choice for price and convenience.”

"On 2.25.14 I spoke with Paul Fink looking for a set of stainless steel headers for my 1966 Vette. I explained that I recently ordered a stainless steel set for the C2 Vette from another manufacturer but they did not fit my application. They bolted to the heads OK, spark plug installation was OK, but could not connect to the exhaust pipes because the collectors were within 2" of the vertical face of the floor pan. I returned the headers, receiving a refund less a 15% restocking charge. (I should add that I received a refund even though I returned the headers 7 months after purchase.) Paul said he has a set of headers manufactured by Heddman, p/n 62300, that are made for the C2 Vette. I specifically asked Paul if the headers were returnable if they did not fit. His exact word was "absolutely". He made no mention of the return policy of 14 days after order and a 25% restocking charge. I ordered the headers which were not in stock but were shipped directly from Heddman. I received them on 3.5.14.

Opening the shipping box I noticed that the overall length of the headers was shorter, so I unwrapped only the driver's side and bolted it to the head. Then I noticed two problems;(1) Could not install 2 spark plugs and (2) the top of the collector was within 1/16" from the bottom of the oil filter, which would cause added heating of the oil.

I sent an email to Paul explaining the problems. He responded that the headers are designed to be used with the factory straight plug heads that originally came with the car. Changing to angle plug configuration has caused the problem. He further said that these headers will fit GM aluminum angle plug heads and they are correct fitment for the vehicle. As for closeness to the oil filter, he suggested installing a Trans-Dapt #1122 Single Filter relocation kit.

I responded via email that at the time of order Paul made no mention of the fact that these headers would not fit angle plug heads. Secondly, had he mentioned Race-Mart's draconian 14 day return policy and 25% restocking charge, I most likely would not have placed the order. I also advised that while I was not happy with the 25% restocking charge, I would pay it in order to recoup some of my money. I also advised that if he could locate asset that would fit my application, I was willing to buy it and would pay the difference in cost. I asked for a return authorization number. Paul responded by email stating "Draconian or not those are our terms and you agreed to them." I responded that he should be more honest since he never said anything about the terms. In hindsight I should have asked about the return policy, but I assumed that Race-Mart's return policy would be similar to other performance parts manufacturers and distributors, ie.Summit-90 days; JEGS-1 year; Stainless Works-30 days; Holley Products-90 days. I never heard anymore from Paul.

I will never order any parts from Race-Mart again and at our next club meeting I will tell everyone about my bad experience. I am now out $725.81. This company doesn't know the meaning of customer service. I sure wish I would have read the reviews before ordering.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-06-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“What the customer didn't say in his rant was that when he called, he asked for a set of headers for that vehicle. He was not honest with us to tell us he modified the motor as we later found out in his email dated 2/25 when he said "I have modified the motor but retained the original motor mounts, and engine block. The heads are original but have been converted to angle plug design."

The headers are a guaranteed direct fitment for that year make and model vehicle with the heads as furnished by the factory which are GM straight plug or GM aluminum angle plug heads NOT SOME CUSTOM WHO KNOWS WHAT HEADS.

If the customer had been up front and honest with us from the beginning, we would have told him that this has to be a custom set of headers and that we could offer flanges, a box of bends, two collectors and he would have to carry them down to his favorite chassis builder to have them welded up on the car.

Our Return Policy is clearly published on our site and the customer acknowledged that he had read and understood our policies at checkout. No surprises here.”

"I followed a Race-Mart ad for a particular product that led me to their website. It was by far the best price I could find so I ordered it. After 2 weeks it had still not arrived. I went to their website to check the order status. Turns out that despite running ads on Google for this item it's not in stock and it wouldn't be available for more than one month. Our customer couldn't wait this long so I ordered it elsewhere and requested a refund from the owner Paul Fink. I've talked to Paul twice on the phone and once through email about this, each time promising to credit my card. After 2 weeks my credit card has still not been credited.

Paul is rude to speak to on the phone and Race-Mart has terrible customer service. If you're considering a purchase with Race-Mart, think twice. I'm out more than $300 for my mistake.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-12-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“On 2/26 the customer requested that his order be cancelled and refunded. The item was not a Special Order item but it was and still is on National back order from the manufacture. We told the customer that we would process his request. The process is we request in writing that the manufacturer cancel our order with them first as a precaution of an early shipment and having an unpaid for item being shipped. Our accounting dept had to request this twice from the manufacturer before receiving it. Our accounting dept then processed the refund back to the customer's credit card. The customer's bank has up to 30 days to post the transaction back to his account.”

"I ordered 3 different parts from race mart waiting an waiting for them to show up finally one day one part showed up so it had me curious about the other 2 parts so I looked into it I placed my order 2/18/14.first package showed up 3/7/14 not to bad but I emailed them to see what was going on they emailed me back basically check the Web site for your order cause they they don't feel like taking two min to look in to it to letme know about my order an at least say ttheir sorry for the inconvenience or anything.so I checked the Web site to see an it's three weeks later an it's saying it still hasn't been shipped so I called an Paul fink answered I spoke with him an he told me it was not in Stock or on back order witch is understandable but itneeds to be posted on their Web site out of stock cause if i would have known i would have went somewhere else with my business cause I needed in a reasonable time.but their saying it will ship 4/7/14 witch is two months before it will even be shipped out witch I is ridiculous.an Mr Paul fink told me it's outta his hands when my money is in his hands an they don't post stock on the Web site cause thing come in an go out so fast I know it's a lie cause bigger company's do it so why can't you an he asked me if I call to see if it was in Stock No Paul I didn't cause I didn't know it would take two months for you to order it from someone else to have it shipped to me witch is what most of these places do."

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-11-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“In our Terms (that every customer must read and accept before placing an order) we let everyone know exactly how we process orders:

"Even with our availability of $60 million of inventory in many warehouses nationwide, back orders can occur. We will process any order not immediately available from stock as a special order with the manufacturer to get the product to you as soon as reasonably possible based on your selected method of shipment."

If you want to know for sure if something is in stock or not, we are a simple phone call or email away and will be happy to give you the information quickly.
The customer never contacted us ahead of the order. That tells us he is happy with our process that was acknowledged that he read and accepted.

On our website, we list if an item is a Normally stock item (we intentionally stock it if it's available) or if it's a Special Order item (an item that for sure we have no intention of stocking).

We have an online Order Status System that is available 24/7 365 days a year from the home page of our website where customers can view their tracking info for a given order, see the expected ship dates and send the Order Status Team an email by clicking the link. This system is very up to date.”

"Not happy with this company at all. Their return policy is misleading and the worst I have ever seen. I ordered a clutch kit from them and realized an hour later that I did not need it. I called them and left a message and sent them an email and the only response I got was a short email from Paul Fink that indicated it was too late. For several days I sent emails and left voice mails and I never actually got to speak with a human. When the clutch kit arrived, I contact them to get an RMA and received an email the next day to read their terms and was sent a web link. I encouraged them to provide an RMA and I would be willing to pay the 25% restocking fee plus shipping but they refused. In summary, terrible terms, terrible customer service."

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-03-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“An order was placed on our website at 2:14pm on Friday, Feb. 21st for a clearly identified (in big bold read letters in the item description) Special Order clutch. Within a few minutes of receipt, the clutch order was entered on the manufacturer with a 2 day build time. On Monday morning the 24th we had an email from the customer requesting a cancellation of the Special Order clutch that the manufacturer had already begun to produce then finished and shipped that same day. We reminded the customer of our published Terms of Sale (which he acknowledged at checkout that he read, understood and accepted) containing our Special Order Policy that states:

"Special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. Please order responsibly."

Our Special Order policy is consistent with the rest of the industry and every other major reseller in the marketplace.”

"Ordered the right part number. They acknowledged the wrong part, shipped that wrong part and will not correct their mistake."

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-24-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“This is how we responded to the customer:

Let's review the facts:

1.) You placed your order for the Special Order incorrect part number on 1/20/14.
2.) On 2/24/14, you entered the correct part number into a shopping cart, abandoned the shopping cart which caused our system to generate the attached email asking the question
"We noticed that you recently visited Race-Mart, but you did not complete your order.
Did you have any problems placing your order? Is there anything we can do to help make your shopping experience better"
The abandoned shopping cart is still in your account.
3.) As a result it is crystal clear that you intentionally attempted to defraud our company by using a fraudulent post dated document to cover the fact that you made an error in ordering and rather than taking ownership of your mistake, you intentionally attempted to shift the blame to our company with the intent of creating a financial loss to us.

The above actions indicates to us that you are totally unethical, have no morals and no personal integrity what so ever. This matter is now closed.”

"Not every order goes down perfectly, but Paul went the extra mile making sure a backordered part was shipped to me. I really do appreciate it - you ever make it to Asheville, lunch is on me.

"I received the best service from this company. I ordered it on Tuesday and received it on Friday. It was exactly what I ordered and the price was cheap. Figured I would write a good review about them because anytime something goes wrong people want to leave a bad review, and the good experiences never get posted."

"This was the worst experience in customer service I have ever received. The website misrepresented the part I needed with the wrong picture. I ordered the part for a 1984 porsche and they sent me parts for a 996 porsche. Nothing like the picture on the website and for a completely different model. Of course the part was a special order part, so I had to check off the terms of agreements to get it, but I thought I was actually getting the correct item. When I informed the Paul at Racemart, he said he wouldn't work with me since it was a special order and refused to refund my $182 for a part that is completely useless to me. This guy has no idea of customer service as well as doing the right thing. He wouldn't even admit that his website was misrepresenting the part with the wrong picture. Why would I order something that obviously wouldn't fit my car? He didn't give a sh#t. Don't give this guy any business of yours, he doesn't deserve it.

So from Paul's response below, he says that he IS responsible for pictures on his website, yet the picture that was displayed of the item I intended to order was not what I received. A picture says a thousand words Paul, and you are misrepresenting the items you are selling, then don't have the professional courtesy to right a wrong. Judging by all of the BAD reviews you already have, maybe it's time to look yourself in the mirror and make a change...it all comes down to customer service and you obviously have NO IDEA on how that works.

modified review This review was modified by porsche1984 on March 16 2013 04:56:23 PM
modified review Rep reply posted Mar-16-2013

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The customer ordered a set of EBC Metric 5 lug wheel spacers which are described on our website as follows:

"Eibach Springs 90.2.15.018.2 Wheel Spacer Bolt Pattern 5x130 Center Bore/Hub Dia. 71.6 Spacer Width 15mm .Incl. Longer Wheel Bolts Set Of 2" No where on our website do we offer these by fitment (year, make or model). The image used is the one provided by the manufacturer for a 5 lug wheel spacer which is correct.

Neither Metric or SAE wheel spacers by any manufacturer are sold by fitment. All wheel spacers are sold strictly by dimensions as there are multitudes of potential uses per part number.

The item description on our website states:

This is a Special Order Item
The Manufacturer Offers Drop Shipments For Special Order Items: Yes
Manufacturer's Drop Ship Fee For Special Order items If Desired: $ 15.00
*** There is a check box here if the customer desires it to be drop shipped.***

Delivery of Eibach Drop Ship Special Order Items vary greatly as many sub-components originate in Europe. Always call us us for delivery estimates.

Our Terms of Sale, which the customer acknowledged and agreed to at checkout are clear regarding Special Orders, they are non-cancelable and non-returnable.

From our perspective, this order was processed properly in every aspect. We were responsible in the description, the image, being up front about availability and making sure the customer understood the Terms by requiring his agreeing to them before allowing the order to be processed.”

Race-Mart, Inc. is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Race-Mart, Inc. is a merchant member
Race-Mart, Inc. participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.