• Race-Mart, Inc.

• Customer Support: 888-286-9797
    • Business Hours: 8:30am -11:00pm M-F
    • Fax: 813-441-7233

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"The truth shall set you free. I checked the box agreeing to race marts terms, because you cannot proceed to checkout without doing so. I did not read the terms, I accept my fault in doing so.
Luckily my story isn't one of major expense like so many others on here. But, I learned the same lesson as everyone else, doing business with race mart is bad business.
I purchased 4 packages of ARP bolts (6/2) because they were $1.00/pkg cheaper than any competitor. (6/3) I called Paul because I hadn't received a shipping confirmation email and pending shipment would be (6/30). He told me I didn't check "drop ship" and would change the order to ship from manufacturer for an additional $5.00. (6/5) still no shipping email, called "customer service" back and once again Paul answered. I requested cancellation and to be refunded my money. He told me my request couldn't be fulfilled because it already shipped and should be here (6/6). (6/10) Still no shipping email and still pending shipment on (6/30). I call "sales" Stella Fink answers and I request my refund. I must request it in writing via email. I did so, and called me back saying my request can't be completed because they already shipped and that she would email me the tracking number. Also told her I wanted to return them then, which she later replied via email that, and I quote: "the ARP fasteners 644-1500 you ordered had to be ordered and dropped shipped directly from ARP. Their policy does not allow returns for special drop ship orders. They are being delivered today." Meaning im stuck with this purchase. I finally received a shipping email the day of delivery.
The fact that the only two people I spoke with during my 5 phone calls share the same last name is no coincidence! Everything I have written is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Your move Finks

Rep reply posted Jun-11-2015

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“Let's get the facts straight.

The customer placed an order on our website: Order Date: 6/2/2015 9:17:48 AM. The customer called on 6/3 to convert this order to a factory drop ship order to expedite the delivery. He was charged the manufacture's $5.00 drop ship fee and the order was changed. The order shipped directly from ARP in Oxnard, California on June 5th by FedEx on tracking number 627121757274. It was delivered on June 10th at 12:03pm.

Delivered

6/09/2015 - Tuesday 10:40 pm At destination sort facility CLEVELAND, OH
4:47 pm Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
6/07/2015 - Sunday 7:09 pm Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
6/05/2015 - Friday 6:45 pm Left FedEx origin facility OXNARD, CA
5:10 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx”

"I got taken by this guy to, 16 million dollars worth of inventory! But everything is clearly marked special order, lol. The product I purchased was not marked special order, he claims it is, going 2 months still not delivered, at one point he said it was backordered from the manufacture, I called the manufacture, they said they the part was ready available. I ordered the part from Amazon and got in 5 days, a little advice to Mr. Fink, when you have that many compliant against you on every review site including the BBB, there may be something wrong with your business practices. You will evenly fail if you piss off every customer you ever had. "

"Back in January I ordered a pair of KONI 1244SP1 tube shocks for a 1969 MGC. Just to make sure I got the right part for this antique car I took the step of actually calling Racemart and speaking to Paul and explaining what I wanted. I specifically told him that they were for the front of the car (the MG uses lever arm shocks at the rear).

After waiting over 2 months for the shocks to arrive, when they arrived I opened the box I found a pair of rear shocks Exactly the thing I specifically said I didn't want.

I spoke to Paul to arrange a return and the guy flat out lied about our previous conversation saying that I had ordered rear tube shocks for a car that does not have them, I would avoid this vendor at all costs. They have no product knowledge and are not above lying to cover their mistakes. I only wish I had found this review site before I had dealt with this company.

Caveat Emptor

Rep reply posted Mar-13-2015

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The customer placed an order on our website for a pair of Koni 80-1244SP1 Special Order shocks that were ordered by part number. These are rear shocks that fit 1962 - 1981 MG MGB and 1968 - 1969 MG MGC. These were ordered from Holland for him and were shipped correctly. Front shocks for this vehicle are a part number 80-2716 which he did not order. It's crystal clear that the customer ordered incorrectly. At the time the order was placed the customer received a confirmation of the order. There was ample time for the customer to review the order and if he made an error to quickly correct it. We take no responsibility what so ever for vehicle fitment, we provide industry accepted tools and links for customers to us but it's the complete responsibility of the user.”

"Race-mart sucks! I paid for 4 bolt main caps that were "special order" but got bogus shipping date the first one was two months from payment and when I contacted them when it was supposed to be shipped they pushed it another 3 months. Bs!! Can't give back money because the order was placed? Production hasn't starded wtf? I can understand if it was made but it's not! Paid October 2nd not expected to ship February 27 Butler performance is getting my business from now on."

Rep reply posted Dec-29-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The item that was purchased was a clearly identified non-stock Special Order item. The manufacturer also does not stock it as it is such a slow moving item. The customer at checkout acknowledged that he read, understood and accepted our Terms of Sale that includes our Special Order Policy which states in part:

We do not control the shipping schedule of Special Order parts, the manufacturer does. In this case like with all other Special Orders we just pass on the information provided to us by the manufacturer.”

"First, congratulate yourself if you've found this review site before you completed your order with Race-Mart. You're doing your due diligence before you deal with a deplorable online retailer. Read through all the reviews, stand in awe of their sheer number and almost ubiquitous disapproval, and then proceed to make an informed decision about whether or not you will do business with this company.

Personally, I count myself in the same lot as the legion of disappointed customers. I called Paul with an urgent request for a clutch kit to replace my broken clutch. I asked, quite clearly and repeatedly, if said clutch kit included a throwout/release bearing. Paul assured me that it did and could ship that day or the next (9/4 or 9/5). Trusting Paul, I committed to the order, expecting a tracking number before the weekend. After several calls to him, another female employee, and several emails, I finally received a tracking number that following Monday (9/8). The kit soon arrived without the throwout bearing. After a couple of indignant conversations with Paul, he refused to admit that he had told me that the throwout bearing was included with the kit. Even worse, he refused to make it right by shipping me a new throwout bearing, citing that "he doesn't carry that part." I sent him a part number and a supplier's website on which to order it in hopes that he would make things right with me, but again he refused. He later sent me a link to an Ebay retailer, telling me that I could buy the part myself.

This company displayed a complete lack of customer service, paying no mind to the satisfaction of their customer and acting in a way that could reasonably be interpreted as fraudulent. Realize that my experience with them is my own and that yours may be different. However, if you take the time to read Paul's responses to the complaints on this site, you'll see that his priority is to acrimoniously save face rather than make the customer happy. If you feel that, after reading this and other reviews, you should do business with this company, please understand that you are doing so at your own personal and financial risk. Paul will likely write something in response to this review explaining that this EXACT part number shipped from the manufacturer with the EXACT parts that the kit was supposed to contain, which is absolutely true. However, he misled me about the contents of the kit when we first spoke and then was unwilling to help in any way once I expressed my discontent to him. No company should operate with such a complete disregard for their customer's satisfaction and expect to remain in business.

Rep reply posted Sep-16-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“This customer was looking for an aftermarket decent quality clutch kit for his Hyundai Genesis that he could get his hands on quickly. He originally asked for an ACT clutch that would have taken two weeks to get. We offered a Competition Clutch, clutch and flywheel kit that the manufacturer had in stock. It was ordered and shipped right away.

Clutch manufacturers typically include standard pilot bearings with clutch kits. What is unique about a 2010 Hyundai Genesis is that it doesn't use a standard pilot bearing so you can't provide something that the vehicle doesn't use. It uses an OEM integrated clutch release slave cylinder assembly. This part is resueable and is not required to be replaced for a clutch change. As a result no clutch manufacturer provides OEM parts in clutch kits. The customer was provided with everything he need to accomplish a clutch change.”

"The first time I ever had a problem with a company ! These guys are the pits..I purchased a Lunati Cam kit on 6/18...six days later I called to return it and get a RMA from them. They said they would e mail it. When I called back because I didnt get the RMA...they said its past 10 days. Their policy states NO RETURNS AFTER 10 days..They stalled the RMA and STUCK me for $400.00 !"

Rep reply posted Sep-09-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“An order was placed on our website on June 18th for a cam kit. The kit was shipped the following day on June 19th. The customer requested in writing by email a return authorization (which we require) on August 18th, a full two months after shipment. We allow adequate time for a customer to request a return (14 days after shipment) as published in our Return Policy but two months is way outside of that allowable time frame.”

"I asked if he (paul) had some 5th wheel jacks in stock the answer was "YES they are in stock" this was 6-9-14. I explained to him that he was a little more expensive then other places but since he had them in stock I'll order them. 3 days later the order is still pending shipping when asked why it was because they were on back order when asked what happen to the parts in stock when I oirder them I got the excuse of "we must of sold them before your order was processed" Date of when to expect the order to be shipped 7-7-14. I request to cancel my order and Stella said " I'll have to ask my management" no response. I had my credit card company reject the payment on 6-25-14 got some other brand jacks before 7-4... Now on 7-19 I get an email stating the parts have been shipped (7-20 is a sunday) so 7-21 i told paul not to ship because I won't pay for something that was misrepresented his response was this is a special order item please refer to or return policy which states no refund.. I called fedex and found that fedex hasn't even picked up the order yet on monday afternoon. bottom line Race Mart will lie to you about the what they have in stock!!! They will lie to you about inquiring a refund!!! and they will lie to about when they do ship something. ps trying to be coy the changed the order number yes paul you got caught"

Rep reply posted Jul-27-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The item in question is clearly listed in the item description on our website in big bold red letters that this is a Special Order Item. When the customer inquired the manufacturer had one in stock showing a quantity of 1. When the item was to be picked in the warehouse it turns out that the one on the shelf was a customer return and not suitable to be shipped as a new product. The item was destroyed by the manufacturer and the inventory was adjusted accordingly. The order continued to process as a Special Order item which is how it was sold. The customer acknowledged at checkout that he read, understood and accepted our Terms of Sale which contains our Special Order Policy that states in part:

"By placing a special order, you are accepting the fact that the delivery time is not defined and you are accepting the delivery time regardless of what it is. You also recognize that in most cases we have absolutely no control over the delivery time is as it is dictated by the manufacturer who often change production dates. Once placed, all special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with this policy, please do not place an order for a special order item."”

"Like all the other negative reviews we ordered a standard off the shelf item. They gave us bogus shipping dates. Well they will say that I agreed to this and it is a special order item. Well everything they sell is special order. Not filling an order and keeping the money is fraud."

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The customer ordered a Reese 30140 that is on national back order. Our website clearly lists this item as a Special Order item. The customer agreed at checkout to wait for the item in accordance with our Special Order Policy that states in part:
" By placing a special order, you are accepting the fact that the delivery time is not defined and you are accepting the delivery time regardless of what it is. You also recognize that in most cases we have absolutely no control over the delivery time is as it is dictated by the manufacturer who often change production dates. Once placed, all special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with this policy, please do not place an order for a special order item."

"Sold and charged for an item that wasn't in stock. Pending ship date showed on the status after that was 3 weeks out. Came and went, I emailed twice, and called twice trying to find out what happened. Third call resulted in a report of it being at least a month out, so I asked for a refund. They stated to send an email to process refund, that was 4 business days ago now, and still nothing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Update 05/26/14-
I mistakenly entered the wrong order number...mine was 31812, and has never shipped, nor have I ever received a refund (receiver hitch). Complaints opened with BBB and my credit card company. Was due to ship on 05/02/14.

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

““The customer ordered a Draw-Tite 24901 that is on national back order. Our website clearly lists this item as a Special Order item in the item description. The customer agreed at checkout to wait for the item in accordance with our Special Order Policy that states in part:

The item will be shipped as soon as it's available directly from the manufacturer.””

"My order did NOT match the description. Was told I would receive a "Same day response" and have been waiting for 3 days now, and still waiting. My car is still in pieces waiting for the parts I was told were included in my purchase, forcing me to find other means of transportation. When I do talk to someone, they are quick to push you off the phone and are little to NO help. The items they DID decided to put in the box came rather quick."

Rep reply posted Apr-26-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“Actually, yes, the order matched exactly to the item description as does the image. The customer wanted a coil over sleeve kit with a top and bottom Part number RM9964143 however what he ordered was a RM9964163 which is only a replacement sleeve without the top and bottom. We can only conclude that when he called, he inquired about the kit then he fat fingered the part number when he entered the order, ordering only the sleeve. We decided to help the customer out and send him the tops and bottoms at no charge by FedEx overnight to get him out of his jam. You would have thought he would have been a little more appreciative.”

"These people are the worst!!!! They are the kind of e-commerce scum that lure you in with low prices and claims of the items being in stock when they have zero stock and are run out of a living room. Then they have a clever "agreement" which you must click on which states, way down at the bottom, that the item you are trying to purchase is a special order item and can take over 3 weeks to get even though you can walk to any store and buy a dozen of them. By the way, right after I got off the phone with Paul who was very rude and told me these spark plugs are very rare and special order only I checked with several other online shopping places and were able to order them immediately and they are already on the way with a tracking number. I urge you, don't walk away, RUN away from these clowns!!!! I buy almost exclusively online and I am happy to say that most e-commerce sites aren't preditory like these vermon. So go somewhere else, anywhere else!!!! Also don't be fooled by Paul's slick response to every bad comment. Ask yourself, what is the chance that EVERY bad experience is the fault of the customer? If you take Paul's responses at face value he is as pure as the driven snow. Not a single Oops, or my bad, always it's the customer that is wrong. Sure that could be the case some of the time BUT NEVER ALL THE TIME!!!! This guy and his merry band of theives are laughing all the way to the bank. EVERYTHING they sell is ordered and drop shipped. This can sometimes be a benefit IF the company also has good customer service which this scam club obviously does NOT have. "

Rep reply posted Apr-26-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“The NGK IFR6Q-G spark plug on our website https://www.race-mart.com/NGK-NGK-IFR6Q-G.html is clearly identified in the item description as follows in big bold red letters:

This is a Special Order Item
The Manufacturer Offers Drop Shipments For Special Order Items: No
Manufacturer's Drop Ship Fee For Special Order items If Desired: $ 0.00
NGK Special Orders are added to our weekly stocking orders. NGK Special orders typically ship within 2-3 weeks. Once placed, NGK Special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable.

There really isn't much more to be said. We did not hold a gun to the customer's head to force him to place an order. With the available information he chose of his own free will to place an order, to wait the time and to agree to our terms of sale. If he didn't like these terms he could have walked down to his local store and tried his luck to buy them there. It was his choice for price and convenience.”

"On 2.25.14 I spoke with Paul Fink looking for a set of stainless steel headers for my 1966 Vette. I explained that I recently ordered a stainless steel set for the C2 Vette from another manufacturer but they did not fit my application. They bolted to the heads OK, spark plug installation was OK, but could not connect to the exhaust pipes because the collectors were within 2" of the vertical face of the floor pan. I returned the headers, receiving a refund less a 15% restocking charge. (I should add that I received a refund even though I returned the headers 7 months after purchase.) Paul said he has a set of headers manufactured by Heddman, p/n 62300, that are made for the C2 Vette. I specifically asked Paul if the headers were returnable if they did not fit. His exact word was "absolutely". He made no mention of the return policy of 14 days after order and a 25% restocking charge. I ordered the headers which were not in stock but were shipped directly from Heddman. I received them on 3.5.14.

Opening the shipping box I noticed that the overall length of the headers was shorter, so I unwrapped only the driver's side and bolted it to the head. Then I noticed two problems;(1) Could not install 2 spark plugs and (2) the top of the collector was within 1/16" from the bottom of the oil filter, which would cause added heating of the oil.

I sent an email to Paul explaining the problems. He responded that the headers are designed to be used with the factory straight plug heads that originally came with the car. Changing to angle plug configuration has caused the problem. He further said that these headers will fit GM aluminum angle plug heads and they are correct fitment for the vehicle. As for closeness to the oil filter, he suggested installing a Trans-Dapt #1122 Single Filter relocation kit.

I responded via email that at the time of order Paul made no mention of the fact that these headers would not fit angle plug heads. Secondly, had he mentioned Race-Mart's draconian 14 day return policy and 25% restocking charge, I most likely would not have placed the order. I also advised that while I was not happy with the 25% restocking charge, I would pay it in order to recoup some of my money. I also advised that if he could locate asset that would fit my application, I was willing to buy it and would pay the difference in cost. I asked for a return authorization number. Paul responded by email stating "Draconian or not those are our terms and you agreed to them." I responded that he should be more honest since he never said anything about the terms. In hindsight I should have asked about the return policy, but I assumed that Race-Mart's return policy would be similar to other performance parts manufacturers and distributors, ie.Summit-90 days; JEGS-1 year; Stainless Works-30 days; Holley Products-90 days. I never heard anymore from Paul.

I will never order any parts from Race-Mart again and at our next club meeting I will tell everyone about my bad experience. I am now out $725.81. This company doesn't know the meaning of customer service. I sure wish I would have read the reviews before ordering.

Rep reply posted Apr-06-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“What the customer didn't say in his rant was that when he called, he asked for a set of headers for that vehicle. He was not honest with us to tell us he modified the motor as we later found out in his email dated 2/25 when he said "I have modified the motor but retained the original motor mounts, and engine block. The heads are original but have been converted to angle plug design."

The headers are a guaranteed direct fitment for that year make and model vehicle with the heads as furnished by the factory which are GM straight plug or GM aluminum angle plug heads NOT SOME CUSTOM WHO KNOWS WHAT HEADS.

If the customer had been up front and honest with us from the beginning, we would have told him that this has to be a custom set of headers and that we could offer flanges, a box of bends, two collectors and he would have to carry them down to his favorite chassis builder to have them welded up on the car.

Our Return Policy is clearly published on our site and the customer acknowledged that he had read and understood our policies at checkout. No surprises here.”

"I followed a Race-Mart ad for a particular product that led me to their website. It was by far the best price I could find so I ordered it. After 2 weeks it had still not arrived. I went to their website to check the order status. Turns out that despite running ads on Google for this item it's not in stock and it wouldn't be available for more than one month. Our customer couldn't wait this long so I ordered it elsewhere and requested a refund from the owner Paul Fink. I've talked to Paul twice on the phone and once through email about this, each time promising to credit my card. After 2 weeks my credit card has still not been credited.

Paul is rude to speak to on the phone and Race-Mart has terrible customer service. If you're considering a purchase with Race-Mart, think twice. I'm out more than $300 for my mistake.

Rep reply posted Mar-12-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“On 2/26 the customer requested that his order be cancelled and refunded. The item was not a Special Order item but it was and still is on National back order from the manufacture. We told the customer that we would process his request. The process is we request in writing that the manufacturer cancel our order with them first as a precaution of an early shipment and having an unpaid for item being shipped. Our accounting dept had to request this twice from the manufacturer before receiving it. Our accounting dept then processed the refund back to the customer's credit card. The customer's bank has up to 30 days to post the transaction back to his account.”

"I ordered 3 different parts from race mart waiting an waiting for them to show up finally one day one part showed up so it had me curious about the other 2 parts so I looked into it I placed my order 2/18/14.first package showed up 3/7/14 not to bad but I emailed them to see what was going on they emailed me back basically check the Web site for your order cause they they don't feel like taking two min to look in to it to letme know about my order an at least say ttheir sorry for the inconvenience or anything.so I checked the Web site to see an it's three weeks later an it's saying it still hasn't been shipped so I called an Paul fink answered I spoke with him an he told me it was not in Stock or on back order witch is understandable but itneeds to be posted on their Web site out of stock cause if i would have known i would have went somewhere else with my business cause I needed in a reasonable time.but their saying it will ship 4/7/14 witch is two months before it will even be shipped out witch I is ridiculous.an Mr Paul fink told me it's outta his hands when my money is in his hands an they don't post stock on the Web site cause thing come in an go out so fast I know it's a lie cause bigger company's do it so why can't you an he asked me if I call to see if it was in Stock No Paul I didn't cause I didn't know it would take two months for you to order it from someone else to have it shipped to me witch is what most of these places do."

Rep reply posted Mar-11-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“In our Terms (that every customer must read and accept before placing an order) we let everyone know exactly how we process orders:

"Even with our availability of $60 million of inventory in many warehouses nationwide, back orders can occur. We will process any order not immediately available from stock as a special order with the manufacturer to get the product to you as soon as reasonably possible based on your selected method of shipment."

If you want to know for sure if something is in stock or not, we are a simple phone call or email away and will be happy to give you the information quickly.
The customer never contacted us ahead of the order. That tells us he is happy with our process that was acknowledged that he read and accepted.

On our website, we list if an item is a Normally stock item (we intentionally stock it if it's available) or if it's a Special Order item (an item that for sure we have no intention of stocking).

We have an online Order Status System that is available 24/7 365 days a year from the home page of our website where customers can view their tracking info for a given order, see the expected ship dates and send the Order Status Team an email by clicking the link. This system is very up to date.”

"Not happy with this company at all. Their return policy is misleading and the worst I have ever seen. I ordered a clutch kit from them and realized an hour later that I did not need it. I called them and left a message and sent them an email and the only response I got was a short email from Paul Fink that indicated it was too late. For several days I sent emails and left voice mails and I never actually got to speak with a human. When the clutch kit arrived, I contact them to get an RMA and received an email the next day to read their terms and was sent a web link. I encouraged them to provide an RMA and I would be willing to pay the 25% restocking fee plus shipping but they refused. In summary, terrible terms, terrible customer service."

Rep reply posted Mar-03-2014

PaulFink, Race-Mart, Inc. rep has responded

“An order was placed on our website at 2:14pm on Friday, Feb. 21st for a clearly identified (in big bold read letters in the item description) Special Order clutch. Within a few minutes of receipt, the clutch order was entered on the manufacturer with a 2 day build time. On Monday morning the 24th we had an email from the customer requesting a cancellation of the Special Order clutch that the manufacturer had already begun to produce then finished and shipped that same day. We reminded the customer of our published Terms of Sale (which he acknowledged at checkout that he read, understood and accepted) containing our Special Order Policy that states:

"Special orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. Please order responsibly."

Our Special Order policy is consistent with the rest of the industry and every other major reseller in the marketplace.”

Share Race-Mart, Inc.'s store rating

Race-Mart, Inc. is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Race-Mart, Inc. is a merchant member
Race-Mart, Inc. participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,715 merchant members.