• R and J TECH

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2015-07-31

"This is a great company. I've dealt with them several times, first time writing a review. They are very friendly when I call to ask questions about their items. They are one of a small number of companies that will sell barebones laptops. Even with that ,the complete systems they sell are super super configurable. Its hard to find a company like this now a days. Prices are right on and a little lower than most other competition. My item was shipped promptly and arrived sooner then I expected. I defiantly will be doing business with them in the future. Payment can be done by credit card, but they do offer a 3% cash discount which is unheard of with the big companies. "

2015-05-12

"Good selection of laptops and parts for good prices.
The only thing I don't like about them (and in my view it is a significant drawback) is the fact that they don't accept paypal for international orders.
This can make sending money very expensive when going via direct wire bank transfers, since banks tend to charge extortionate fees."

This review was modified by ThugAim on May 12 2015 02:29:37 AM

2014-04-04

"Purchased a barebones CLEVO W110ER laptop (just the barebones kit). I was skeptical at first, because their prices are low, and they don't re-brand their computers, but I have a friend that bought from their site before, so I was pretty confident that they were safe.

I was pleasantly surprised. My laptop was shipped to me quickly (in Hawaii) without hassle. They communicated with me the entire time, and answered my questions promptly. I definitely plan on buying from them again."

2013-09-27

"I discovered R&J Technology in my search for a new "clevo" based laptop. After extensive comparisons, I could not find a reseller with better prices than R&J Technology. Also, I had many questions before I made my purchase as there were some industry wide supply problems with the then new Sandy Bridge CPUs. To my surprise, the folks at R&J Technology answered all of my questions very quickly and thoroughly and were accurate with their estimates of ship dates. They have also been great with follow on driver support in the almost 3 years I have had my laptop. Bottom line, they have been great, I highly recommend them, and my next laptop purchase will be from them again."

This review was modified by fireverm on September 27 2013 02:23:59 PM

2013-09-12

"I configured and purchased an clevo w740su. RJTech's customer service was great. I had a loud fan, which needed replacement. RJTech customer service was very responsive and provided a free shipping label for service. The fan swap was done quickly and I received my laptop shortly afterwards. The laptop is now silent, which is awesome. So, altogether great service, great price. I wish I could give a higher rating for customer service that is available here. I would definitely purchase from again."

This review was modified by treebase on September 12 2013 07:43:07 AM

2013-09-07

"I already brought two laptops with RJTech so far, both were barebone laptops. The recent one of the two was a Clevo 350 ETQ, customized almost every hardware with the exception of a CPU, since I already purchased a CPU before the actual laptop. So far, I'm pretty satisfied with the quality of the laptop, however I am even more satisfied with the services that RJTECH provides. When the laptop first came, I can see write away that the packaging was very well prepared.

All the custom hardware was already preinstalled, and free of charge. However, there was a minor setback, when one of the RAM chips turned out to be defective, because the laptop refused to boot unless the defective ram is pulled out. However exchange turned out to be a breeze, and the replacement RAM worked right away. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with their service, and I personally feel their price is competitive compared to other competitors."

2013-08-22

"Great prices and selections on barebones laptops."

This review was modified by cashmank on August 22 2013 08:57:20 PM

2013-08-20

"R J Tech staff are very helpful in solving my problems, although some parts are delayed by the manufacturer, they tried their best to inform me the latest status.

After a year, the machine still works superbly, and I really appreciate it."

This review was modified by someone10k1 on August 20 2013 08:24:27 AM

2013-07-24

"I found RJtech by chance. I was looking up the idea of building my own laptop and cam,e across the site. There really wasn't much information on the web but i took a chance.
I purchased a Clevo 110er from them and i could not be happier. It was fairly priced and shipped promptly. I was very happy with the experience.
Today im looking do business with them again.
I email questions about a part i was looking for. They promptly emailed me back with a price quote and added the item to their online catalog. just like that. it want their yesterday and its there today. In contrast i contacted another company about the same part and was told, "if you dont buy a pc from us,we cant sell you any parts"
I'm also looking into purchasing yet another laptop shell from RJTECH for a new build.

I really couldn't ask for much more.
They respond quickly to email, the prices are fair, the ship quickly and the items are packed well.
They have my repeat business

This review was modified by Darkking on July 24 2013 11:15:35 AM

2013-05-09

"I have bought three laptops from this company in the past, and am planning on buying a fourth in the coming months. If you know your way around a computer, you can save some serious cash by buying a barebones model from here. They're the best Clevo reseller in North America."

This review was modified by HouseOfNifty on May 09 2013 03:52:43 PM

2013-04-24

"I'll be honest - I was concerned about buying from Rjtech. It's a small company, and I'd heard horror stories that almost drove me to buying from a major retailer, but I'm exceptionally happy that I followed through with them instead. I got a Clevo W150ERQ Complete Series with a matte screen and without an OS or CD drive (removing it saves $20, and I haven't really used a CD drive in years). After placing my order, I thought I'd made an error with my shipping address (I hadn't) and spammed their customer service with worried emails about it. They got back to me promptly and were very helpful. The product itself arrived in perfect condition after a few anxious days, and five months later it's still running perfectly without so much as a dead pixel. Would highly recommend.

5/5, they really deserve more popularity. Absolutely fantastic."

2013-04-05

"Done a good job so far! Keep it up! Takes a long time for the items to arrive across the country, but the product quality is best!"

2013-04-02

"I've bought 2 barebones laptops from these guys now and couldn't be happier. They arrive in good time, as specified, and with the parts I payed for. When I had a problem with my credit card, they called me and we worked it out quickly. All said it was no hassle and they were very friendly. I would highly recommend them."

2013-02-14

"Good service, fast delivery, high quality product at a reasonable price.

I ordered the P370EM-3D barebone from RJTech about a month ago. After I made the purchase, I was suddenly informed that this machine is temporarily out of stock. However, the guy at the order department was very helpful and friendly. He apologized for the inconvenience, helped me upgrade the delivery speed and also gave me a free carry bag.
One week ago, I was so happy when I finally received this laptop barebone and put in my separately purchased components. This machine is marvelous. The specs speak for themselves. Rubberized finish feels very comfortable and the screen frame is no longer glossy! Heatsinks and fans look pretty solid as long as you don't OC too much. And the most amazing part for me is the 120Hz 1080p Matte display. Didn't know a high refresh rate display can improve visual experience so much!
Two minor complains:
1. The touch pad was improved compared to previous Clevo models, but due to whatever reason, still not that smooth to use.
2. The back light of key board is only visible in dark environment. In normal daylight, it's almost unnoticeable.

2013-02-11

"I purchased a D901C from R&J Tech March 31, 2008 and never had an issue with them. Very great service and I just placed an order for a P170EM just today. They have been very easy to work with and provide quick answers to my questions. One of the most excellent things about RJ Tech is that they allow me to order bare bones systems online without having to call to place a special order. The prices are phenomenal as an added benefit. Whenever I need my next gaming or workstation and you need the best? Go to RJ Tech."

Share R and J TECH's store rating

R and J TECH is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

R and J TECH is not a merchant member
R and J TECH does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!