• Rating 4.17/10 9 reviews

RX-Safety.com is not a merchant member
    RX-Safety.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • RX-Safety.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Not Happy – RX Safety made what could be a simple process very complicated.

I needed prescription safety glasses. I ordered a pair from RX Safety. However, specific measurements were needed that could only be taken when the frames were on my face. So, I ordered the Frames Only. My wife called and spoke with Dawn who said we would simply call back when we receive the frames and they “would finish the order”. So I did that. However, the order would not actually be finished. What RX Safety wanted was the prescription information, the specific measurements AND my credit card information – which we DO NOT give over the phone. I spoke with Dawn and wanted to make a simple suggestion on how they could make a minor modification to their website which would allow a customer with an ORDER NUMBER to return to the order and continue the order process. Well Dawn did not take kindly to any suggestion I had to any modification to their process. In fact, she didn’t even want to hear the suggestion! Instead she felt it was necessary to make me feel as if I should take what they offer or stick it. So I will bring my business elsewhere. WARNING: If you plan on buying prescription safety glasses from this company be prepared for possible identity theft and/or additional charges on your credit card.

modified review This review was modified by 57chevy57 on January 22 2014 02:20:06 PM

"I had shopped around for some prescription eye ware that I could use for multiple purposes. From riding motorcycles, shooting, fishing, and driving. I tried on several pair at a local outdoors chain and decided on the style that fit my face and then I checked several online sites and RX-Safety was the best priced option. I had decided on the Wiley X Gravity sunglasses, so I ordered them and had them in my hands over a week and a half early. They match my regular glasses in prescription perfectly."

"I just purchased Wiley X glasses from them. They are the cheapest retailer by FAR. BUT you get what you pay for. My glasses can only be used as a paperweight -- fishbowl effect and impossible to see out of. They refused to pay for return shipping and refused my request for reimbursement. Then stated that they will fight my credit card dispute. Is it worth it? No. I am calling Visa, talking to Wiley X about them, and fighting with people via email that are clearly just trying to rip me off. "

modified review This review was modified by JasonH20 on August 14 2013 12:34:01 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"If you need help, use the live chat or else telephone in, but avoid email (including the site's contact page) at all costs. All the people I spoke to on the chat and over the phone (total 4) were helpful, but email replies can take over a week, if you ever get one at all.

I had to call in my order because I wanted USPS shipping to Canada, which is not available on the website. It was shipped (and charged) UPS shipping instead. It was an annoyance, but if you order online you should not have this problem; just be sure to double check if putting in a phone order. The order was sent out for delivery 2 days after I'd placed it, and UPS had it at my house in another 3 days, for a total of 5 days' wait time.

Otherwise the glasses I got are excellent quality. I was very impressed by the workmanship on the lenses; they were absolutely crystal clear with very little distortion, meaning it was not difficult to adapt to them. (Previous pair of regular, flat, non-wrap-around glasses I got literally gave me eye and headaches until I adjusted to them over a period of about a week.) I got wrap around frames, which opticians usually say can't be fitted with prescription lenses, or else you have to get the type that has inserts. This place will make the beveled (term?) lens necessary to fit a prescription in the wrap around frames, so this will open up a lot more possibilities in terms of frames for those who wear prescription lenses.

I'd suggest trying on a pair of frames in a brick and mortar first if you can, or else check out the manufacturer's site for details as the site itself does not provide frame measurements.

"They cannot even make a pair of glasses correct
I highly do not recommend them run take your money and find some where else
to make up your glasses.
The Worst

"Your customer service is non existent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I placed an order on Feb 1, 2011. The shipping was PRIORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is now Feb 8th.

I sent and inquiry via the web site and NO ONE EVER RESPONDED!!!!!!!!!!! I called on Fri Feb 4th looking for my order and the lady ACTUALLY told me she has NO shipping record and could NOT tell me when I would receive my order. THEN she actually said I will receive it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I said how do you know that if you have NO record of the shipment. She then proceeded to tell me it was sent out on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously she was CLEARLY lying on purpose. Then she said it was because of the weather.

FYI your company is in NJ and I am in NJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry the weather in NJ since I placed the order has been fine!!!!!!!!!!! Once again a lie!!!!!!!!! PRIORITY SHIPPING is 2-3 days. I should of received my glasses on Friday at the latest. IT IS NOW TUESDAY. WHY ARE YOU CHARGING FOR SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP BLAMING THE POST OFFICE

"I AM VERY HAPPY YEIPEE
My wiley-x ashley prescription glasses has arrive. They look and feel great. This is my first time ordering glasses on the internet; I did not know what to expect. My female motorcycle riding friends have fashionable riding sungasses. I could not because, "I have to have a prescription." I not only have prescription glasses. I have the best design, style, fashionalbe, wiley-x female riding sunglasses. The fit, transition, an anti-reflective is prefect. These glasses cost me; half the price when compared to a local store. YEIPEE!

"I ordered a pair of Prescription Safety Glasses from RX-safety, and am very satisfied with their service. The glasses came in less than two weeks and work perfectly for me. I shopped some local opticians and got the same pair of glasses for about 1/2 the price. I would highly recommend them."

"I placed a prescription sunglasses order online with rx-safety.com on a Oakley Whisker Frame and DriveWear lenses on Jan 15th 2010. The glasses arrived on Feb. 3rd 2010 with a wrong frame so I
shipped the order back on Feb. 5th 2010. The replacement sunglasses did not arrive until Feb. 24th 2010. I was shocked when I try the new glasses on. Everything is so blurry, near and far, and the new glasses makes me feel very dizzy. I thought it may be new and I am not used to it so I tried it on my way home. I can not see any freeway signing clearly and the glasses almost caused and accident. I rechecked the
glasses next and below is what I found.
1) The focus points are too high. If I look through the upper edge and things become sharper.
2) The focus points are too far apart. If I cover my left eye and look through the right edge of the right side lens with my right eye, things become sharper. same thing happens when I cover my right eye and look through the left side of the left lens with my left eye.
3)Everything (near and far) are VERY blurry and make me very dizzy if I look normally through the lenses with both eyes.
I called on Feb. 25th 2010 and was immediately transfer to a voice mail of Charlie Mantegna. I left a massage but he does not call me back. An email was also sent at the same day and got ignored also.
DO NOT buy from this company. I made my $300. mistake for ordering from them and end up with a glasses I can not use. Other person is complaining about them at here http://www.ripoffreport.com/Opticians/Rx-safety-com-Philli/rx-safety-com-phillips-safety-8q365.htm
AVOID THIS COMPANY.