• RX-Safety.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-04-29

"I live in Canada and order a lot of stuff online from the US and other countries, however this is the first time I was called by the shipper that RX safety used and was told I needed to pay an additional estimated $58 as a customs brokerage fee. I called RX safety about this and while the customer service rep. was nice and tried, her manager told her that it was between UPS and the Canadian government. I call B.S. if you are in the business of shipping online you should work out these kinks or at least let people know VERY CLEARLY about them (I'm sure there may have been something in the fine print about this, but I'm also sure I'm not the only one who doesn't spend an hour reading a legal document in full every time I make a relatively small purchase). They also refused to let me do a cancellation / full refund. As mentioned, I order a lot online (including glasses) and this is a first. Somehow all the other companies I've used have been able to work out a better system. "

2015-04-06

"Very poor customer service. Rude, unprofessional behavior. Promised follow-up never received. Took well over a month to receive the glasses with no explanations when asked when I might receive the order. Find another company to spend your hard earned cash. I should have listened to the negatives about this company... Glasses are ok, but I see a line in my vision with progressive lenes?? Can't even imagine dealing with a return. Expensive lesson learned!

This review was modified by vas5 on April 06 2015 08:05:22 AM

2015-02-20

"I just received my glasses and they are exactly what I hoped they would be. I am extremely happy. The process time took a couple of days longer than expressed on the site but the customer service staff was accessible and polite through the entire process and the end result was definitely worth the slight delay. "

2014-12-23

"Excellent company, Quality prescription sunglasses,fast service and fast shipping. I'm gonna order two more pair."

2014-12-04

"Positive experience. Reasonable turnaround time. I was initially wary of all the negative reviews but perhaps they have addressed a lot of those issue since then."

This review was modified by wjthal on December 04 2014 08:11:11 AM

2014-09-24

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Renee Depetris is incompetent and RUDE and that's being nice! They broke my frames and said there was nothing she could do and was raising her voice to me like I was a moron. She was extremely argumentative. I asked for a supervisor and she hung up on me. Please avoid them at all costs!

This review was modified by ErikaS201 on September 24 2014 11:25:05 AM

2014-08-05

"They are horrible. I ordered a pair of auto darking glasses on 6/11/14. I tried to return them because they did not auto darken. I called and emailed, finally, Dawne told me she would send an RMA for the return. I had to email again a week later (6/27)as it was never sent. I returned the glasses at my own expense and they received them on 7/17 ( according to my tracking number, as there has been no contact by phone or email from the company). I emailed to get status on July 28th. Nothing. I emailed again on July 31st, including the rma#, tracking #, date received by them, and the exchange information. Still nothing. I was able to reach customer service and get to Dawne, w j o, upon hearing who I was, said she had another call and sent me to Renee. Renee couldn't find my return and when she finally did, she said it was just received that day. Even though it was over two weeks. She finally put me through to Bill, because even though the exchange items are less, she told me I would not get a refund or a credit for the difference. Bill got on the phone and was literally the rudest customer service person I have ever spoken with. He was clearly not paying attention to our conversation, because he started talking to his "assistant" while I was talking....apparently she is leaving on maternity leave from what I gather. After getting his attention back,, he just told me the order shipped out that day (Friday the 1st) but wouldn't go out untill Monday, August 4th. I finally convinced him I should get the difference back and he said he would give me a credit that he would "just keep in his records" for a future order. He would not tell me how mich it would be. He told me He guaranteed that I would get an email with the order number and credit amount on Monday August 4th by the end of the day. Nothing. I emailed Dawne Monday evening to tell her no response. ....again no response. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE JUNE. I HAVE NO GLASSES, NO REFUND AND MORE SHIPPING FOR THE RETURN TO NOWHERE. "

This review was modified by RobDob on August 05 2014 04:49:48 PM

2014-07-25

"The safety glasses are excellent. The lenses are perfect. They fit perfect. If you buy progressive lenses, you have to realize that they take some getting used to. They take a little longer to get, and their communication by e-mail is not great, but the product is. I would suggest that Rx-Safety.com adds a better estimate of delivery time when they send a confirmation e-mail.

EXCELLENT and a great price."

This review was modified by ricronkhite on July 25 2014 02:23:58 PM

2014-07-02

"I'm really surprised by the negative feedback you all have on such a wonderful company! My experience was extremely positive. I called in and had no idea how to place an order or even how to enter my info, which was frustrating on it's own. I contacted them via email and they suggested I calling to their customer service department and I'm sure glad I did. I Spoke w/Dawn who made sure I understood everything. She was so knowledgeable and a pleasure to speak with. I told her what I was looking for and she took charge. All of my buddies at work have also ordered from her. I wouldn't entertain the negative feedback as it is probably a disgruntled customer who was asking for things not possible. My recommendation would be to use this company and I guarantee you will be satisfied. Their pricing can not be beat! Go Phillips! The only thing that could be a bit negative would be shipping time, but overall awesome!"

This review was modified by darrell1004 on July 02 2014 12:56:54 PM

2014-06-19

"Do not deal with these people. Dawn from customer service is incompetent and rude. Poor craftmanship and worst customer service ever. No refunds and very hard to to get your refund, i had to get my Credit card agency involved to resolve the matter.

GET YOUR GLASSES ELSWHERE!!! NOT WORTH IT"

2014-01-22

"Not Happy – RX Safety made what could be a simple process very complicated.

I needed prescription safety glasses. I ordered a pair from RX Safety. However, specific measurements were needed that could only be taken when the frames were on my face. So, I ordered the Frames Only. My wife called and spoke with Dawn who said we would simply call back when we receive the frames and they “would finish the order”. So I did that. However, the order would not actually be finished. What RX Safety wanted was the prescription information, the specific measurements AND my credit card information – which we DO NOT give over the phone. I spoke with Dawn and wanted to make a simple suggestion on how they could make a minor modification to their website which would allow a customer with an ORDER NUMBER to return to the order and continue the order process. Well Dawn did not take kindly to any suggestion I had to any modification to their process. In fact, she didn’t even want to hear the suggestion! Instead she felt it was necessary to make me feel as if I should take what they offer or stick it. So I will bring my business elsewhere. WARNING: If you plan on buying prescription safety glasses from this company be prepared for possible identity theft and/or additional charges on your credit card.

This review was modified by 57chevy57 on January 22 2014 02:20:06 PM

2013-10-16

"I had shopped around for some prescription eye ware that I could use for multiple purposes. From riding motorcycles, shooting, fishing, and driving. I tried on several pair at a local outdoors chain and decided on the style that fit my face and then I checked several online sites and RX-Safety was the best priced option. I had decided on the Wiley X Gravity sunglasses, so I ordered them and had them in my hands over a week and a half early. They match my regular glasses in prescription perfectly."

2013-08-14

"I just purchased Wiley X glasses from them. They are the cheapest retailer by FAR. BUT you get what you pay for. My glasses can only be used as a paperweight -- fishbowl effect and impossible to see out of. They refused to pay for return shipping and refused my request for reimbursement. Then stated that they will fight my credit card dispute. Is it worth it? No. I am calling Visa, talking to Wiley X about them, and fighting with people via email that are clearly just trying to rip me off. "

This review was modified by JasonH20 on August 14 2013 12:34:01 PM

2011-07-18

"If you need help, use the live chat or else telephone in, but avoid email (including the site's contact page) at all costs. All the people I spoke to on the chat and over the phone (total 4) were helpful, but email replies can take over a week, if you ever get one at all.

I had to call in my order because I wanted USPS shipping to Canada, which is not available on the website. It was shipped (and charged) UPS shipping instead. It was an annoyance, but if you order online you should not have this problem; just be sure to double check if putting in a phone order. The order was sent out for delivery 2 days after I'd placed it, and UPS had it at my house in another 3 days, for a total of 5 days' wait time.

Otherwise the glasses I got are excellent quality. I was very impressed by the workmanship on the lenses; they were absolutely crystal clear with very little distortion, meaning it was not difficult to adapt to them. (Previous pair of regular, flat, non-wrap-around glasses I got literally gave me eye and headaches until I adjusted to them over a period of about a week.) I got wrap around frames, which opticians usually say can't be fitted with prescription lenses, or else you have to get the type that has inserts. This place will make the beveled (term?) lens necessary to fit a prescription in the wrap around frames, so this will open up a lot more possibilities in terms of frames for those who wear prescription lenses.

I'd suggest trying on a pair of frames in a brick and mortar first if you can, or else check out the manufacturer's site for details as the site itself does not provide frame measurements."

2011-07-18

"They cannot even make a pair of glasses correct
I highly do not recommend them run take your money and find some where else
to make up your glasses.
The Worst"

Share RX-Safety.com's store rating

RX-Safety.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RX-Safety.com is not a merchant member
RX-Safety.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!