Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"The customer services is extremely bad. The person I spoke to is Michelle and she is extremely aggressive and nasty. The supervisor (Eileen) is also extremely nasty. In short, very nasty people.....do not shop here."

modified review This review was modified by yipjason on October 29 2014 02:34:16 PM

"It's completely ridiculous, how they treat their customers. Order Workbenches two weeks ago. And they just send me an email delivery date changed to four more weeks, its 6 weeks in total. Until I did not call them, they never informed me what was going on. Now I have to pay extra to Home Depot to rush my order. AVOID THIS SITE!! It legal SCAM. "

modified review This review was modified by Paata01 on October 27 2014 12:16:22 PM

"If I could give no stars I would. They sent out an email for a coupon that takes $100 off of $200 purchase. I purchased a couple of products online and applied the coupon which went through successfully. 2 Days later I received an email that my item was shipping but they ended up not honoring their own coupon. Instead they charged my credit card the full price and shipped the product to me without informing me of the price change. Terrible bait and switch tactics. What kind of company charges your credit more than what was suppose to be charged without the customer's consent. If they are not going to honor their own coupon they need to contact the customer before shipping the item. I called them and asked them about the situation and all they can tell me is that it doesn't work on certain tech items, then how come the coupon was accepted by their website. They had no answer for it. And guess what the coupon is still working on the same items I ordered. Now I have to wait to get a refund on my credit card and refuse the package because of this incompetent company. Avoid this company at all cost, they will flaunt you with a great coupon that they will not honor after you place the order. "

"Was supposed to get a free Vera Bradley tote with order - instead I got two cheap plastic bags that looked like they came from the dollar store. Will never order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by eplummer on August 22 2014 01:29:23 PM

"Shame on them. Ordered a PAIR of video cards on their site for a great price. Estimated shipping date was a month out. Checking on it again today, I find they had changed the quantity to one, instead of the original pair. They did not notify me of the change. Contacting support took nearly an hour for them to figure things out and cancel the order. In short: did not honor price, quoted a month out for shipping, changed pricing without notice, and customer service was unhelpful. I will never use this company again. "

modified review This review was modified by igonz2 on July 25 2014 01:29:41 PM

"On 7/15 I order "ACER AMERICA - NOTEBOOKS Travel Mate" . I had been shopping around for this specific model # ( NX.V7QAA.017 ) which goes for around $400. I thought I had Finally found a good sale/bargain when I found it on quill's website for a little under $200. I was so excited! On 7/17 I logged in to see when I could expect delivery and someone had MANUALLY changed the description on my order to "tablet". I called customer service and after explaining that I had NOT ordered a tablet and that the description had been changed I was handed off to a "product specialist" who basically said "clerical error, wrong item number in the wrong space, sorry about your luck.- nothing we can do for you if you don't want the TABLET refuse it when it comes to you.... THEN he tried to SELL me the laptop I originally ordered!!! What a horrible experience and lousy company/customer service. Here's what I ordered http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/ImInIt2WinIt/AcerAmericaNotebooksTravelMate_Quill.png As you can see by the description in the photo I am giving a link to, it IS for a laptop, not a tablet... its even listed in the laptop category! Lousy Birthday for me! Thanks a lot Quill!"

"I purchased a HP Computer here several months ago with a 1 year warranty so they advertised, however after several mos the Hard Drive began clacking, clicking, so on so i had it looked at and the Tech said the HD was definitely shot. Called Quill.com & was told no no not a year but only 14 Days warranty, that HP would honor Warranty but after several calls to India ,creating case logs,waiting, mailing the copy of the receipt to HP nothing has Materialized. This was 5-6 weeks ago so now i will have to spend 70-80 dollars for a new Hd that i can barely afford on a Pension & senior Citizen. I will never buy from this Site[Quill.com ] again. "

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"I have dealt with them twice so far. Both times, there have been tax problems where the tax wasn't calculated correctly and it bills you a different number.

One order was delivered but it was missing, and a refund was issued. Although if I order a second time, the signature would be required for the delivery. The second one was delivered with no issues.

One of the things I dislike is that no tracking numbers are provided. When you call them, they don't have them themselves and all they can provide is just the status.

12/09/2013 QUILL CORPORATION charged $20.12 instead of $18.95 due to the wrong calculation of Tax

"Our company orders almost exclusively from Quill, and several times a month. Most items arrive the next afternoon, which is a huge plus. Their customer service is helpful; however, they are pretty bad about letting you know a product is no longer available. It is up to you to follow up. Thankfully this does not happen often...and we order A LOT of stuff. We just replaced a defective space heater; it was a very smooth process. We take full advantage of the business discount and coupons and enjoy the gifts, though food-related ones are pretty small. Their prices are competitive; I do some price comparisons with other sites with some items, but Quill is our primary supplier. Overall we are pretty satisfied with them."

modified review This review was modified by klumpii on May 11 2014 09:56:53 AM

"My online order went smoothly. Placed order on Sunday night and immediately received acknowledgement email. Monday morning received second email acknowledgement and estimated delivery of Tues. or Wed. Tuesday received receipt via email along with UPS tracking. UPS delivered Wed. just like their website suggested it would be delivered.
I ordered something simple. I ordered 12 cans of coffee. They were the cheapest I could find. I also found a coupon online and could save even more. Some of the people reviewing sound like they had troubles, so I did worry. This order was good. So I will use them again for sure. Oh ... Quill is really Staples. So if you don't like Staples you won't like Quill I suppose. The ship from address I traced back to Staples.

"After reading all the negative reviews, I was a bit apprehensive ordering the Bush L desk and bookcase from Quill.com. They were having a sale on the two items I wanted. Since there are also many positive reviews, so I took a chance and placed my order.
I was quite pleased with my order. An estimated delivery date was also given with the order. The two items came via truck service and were delivered right before the estimated delivery date. The truck driver delivered the two very heavy boxes into my garage. The service was well appreciated.

"Quill.com cannot handle a simple credit card online order. My husband and I ordered a Rubberwood Dining Table from Quill.com on 10/12/13 thru the Quill.com website. We ordered it thru Quill because it was $60 cheaper than Overstock.com. We should've just paid the difference and gone thru Overstock. We placed the order on my husbands VISA credit card. According to the receipt, the order went thru, with an expected delivery date. We waited 2 weeks. No table. I called Customer Service to find out the status, only to find out that the order had been cancelled by Quill because our credit card had been declined. Since we had just used the card, valid date, valid numbers, etc it was a good card. The fault was on their end. We double checked that the card was placed in Quill.com system under my husbands name. Placed the order again. Cancelled again, according to their email __x__ Transaction declined by the issuing bank/credit card company whom we suggest you contact regarding the nature of your credit card's decline. After resolving the matter with your bank,
please call us at 1-800-634-3090 X 8732 between the hours of 8am and 7pm Eastern Time (ET) in order to avoid order cancellation. Orders are held in decline queue for 7 calendar days from date of transaction in which it is cancelled by the system thereafter. When calling back, please have your order number ready to expedite your call."
Sorry Quill, but you lost a customer, a potential Business Customer, and my word of mouth potential friends business.

modified review This review was modified by Shenandoah on November 02 2013 07:56:52 AM

"Ordered a Brother laser printer - great deal, $100 below street price. It arrived within days, no damage. Has been working ever since. Haven't dealt with the customer service department (and don't expect to have to, knock on wood!)."

Washington State

"According to wikipedia, Quill owned by Staples is "The largest mail-order office supply retailer in the United States" with revenues of $1.3B. Did they achieve this by providing bad service and poor value?

Our last order of an EPSON® WorkForce® 7520 13x19" Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Fax with 2 trays double sided printing and automatic sheet feeder for $179 on 09/03/2013 is a good example. It was $100 less than anywhere else that I could find online or locally. The shipping on this oversized and heavy item was free and took less than a week. It arrived undamaged and in perfect working order.

How can they make money at that price? It sounded more like a deal for a camera where they send you an overseas model without a warranty and charge extra for all the accessories that normally come in the retail box. But I can assure you our large format multifunction printer/scanner/Fax came with everything in a brand new factory sealed box. How is it that places like Quill get hammered when they deliver such good value and service?

I am at a complete loss to explain why so many others have given them poor ratings. In our society what do we now expect from retailers? In my experience Quill is an outstanding Company that delivers outstanding value and service. They are a 5 star company in every way as far as I am concerned.

modified review This review was modified by vonnieglen on September 19 2013 08:40:45 AM

"Worst company ever. I ordered an item. They sent me an order confirmation e-mail and then a shipment e-mail. It had a UPS number, estimated range of delivery, ship from address, etc. A week later I did not receive anything. I e-mail them and I get a response of "sorry we never had the item in stock". Unbelievable."

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member
Quill Corporation does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!