• Rating 5.83/10 50 reviews

Quill Corporation is not a merchant member
    Quill Corporation does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Quill Corporation contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"I have dealt with them twice so far. Both times, there have been tax problems where the tax wasn't calculated correctly and it bills you a different number.

One order was delivered but it was missing, and a refund was issued. Although if I order a second time, the signature would be required for the delivery. The second one was delivered with no issues.

One of the things I dislike is that no tracking numbers are provided. When you call them, they don't have them themselves and all they can provide is just the status.

12/09/2013 QUILL CORPORATION charged $20.12 instead of $18.95 due to the wrong calculation of Tax

"Our company orders almost exclusively from Quill, and several times a month. Most items arrive the next afternoon, which is a huge plus. Their customer service is helpful; however, they are pretty bad about letting you know a product is no longer available. It is up to you to follow up. Thankfully this doesn't happen often...and we order A LOT of stuff. We just replaced a defective space heater; it was a very smooth process. We take full advantage of the business discount and coupons and enjoy the gifts, though food-related ones are pretty small. Their prices are competitive; I do some price comparisons with other sites with some items, but Quill is our primary supplier. Overall we are pretty satisfied with them."

"My online order went smoothly. Placed order on Sunday night and immediately received acknowledgement email. Monday morning received second email acknowledgement and estimated delivery of Tues. or Wed. Tuesday received receipt via email along with UPS tracking. UPS delivered Wed. just like their website suggested it would be delivered.
I ordered something simple. I ordered 12 cans of coffee. They were the cheapest I could find. I also found a coupon online and could save even more. Some of the people reviewing sound like they had troubles, so I did worry. This order was good. So I will use them again for sure. Oh ... Quill is really Staples. So if you don't like Staples you won't like Quill I suppose. The ship from address I traced back to Staples.

"After reading all the negative reviews, I was a bit apprehensive ordering the Bush L desk and bookcase from Quill.com. They were having a sale on the two items I wanted. Since there are also many positive reviews, so I took a chance and placed my order.
I was quite pleased with my order. An estimated delivery date was also given with the order. The two items came via truck service and were delivered right before the estimated delivery date. The truck driver delivered the two very heavy boxes into my garage. The service was well appreciated.

"Quill.com cannot handle a simple credit card online order. My husband and I ordered a Rubberwood Dining Table from Quill.com on 10/12/13 thru the Quill.com website. We ordered it thru Quill because it was $60 cheaper than Overstock.com. We should've just paid the difference and gone thru Overstock. We placed the order on my husbands VISA credit card. According to the receipt, the order went thru, with an expected delivery date. We waited 2 weeks. No table. I called Customer Service to find out the status, only to find out that the order had been cancelled by Quill because our credit card had been declined. Since we had just used the card, valid date, valid numbers, etc it was a good card. The fault was on their end. We double checked that the card was placed in Quill.com system under my husbands name. Placed the order again. Cancelled again, according to their email __x__ Transaction declined by the issuing bank/credit card company whom we suggest you contact regarding the nature of your credit card's decline. After resolving the matter with your bank,
please call us at 1-800-634-3090 X 8732 between the hours of 8am and 7pm Eastern Time (ET) in order to avoid order cancellation. Orders are held in decline queue for 7 calendar days from date of transaction in which it is cancelled by the system thereafter. When calling back, please have your order number ready to expedite your call."
Sorry Quill, but you lost a customer, a potential Business Customer, and my word of mouth potential friends business.

modified review This review was modified by Shenandoah on November 02 2013 07:56:52 AM

"Ordered a Brother laser printer - great deal, $100 below street price. It arrived within days, no damage. Has been working ever since. Haven't dealt with the customer service department (and don't expect to have to, knock on wood!)."

Washington State

"According to wikipedia, Quill owned by Staples is "The largest mail-order office supply retailer in the United States" with revenues of $1.3B. Did they achieve this by providing bad service and poor value?

Our last order of an EPSON® WorkForce® 7520 13x19" Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Fax with 2 trays double sided printing and automatic sheet feeder for $179 on 09/03/2013 is a good example. It was $100 less than anywhere else that I could find online or locally. The shipping on this oversized and heavy item was free and took less than a week. It arrived undamaged and in perfect working order.

How can they make money at that price? It sounded more like a deal for a camera where they send you an overseas model without a warranty and charge extra for all the accessories that normally come in the retail box. But I can assure you our large format multifunction printer/scanner/Fax came with everything in a brand new factory sealed box. How is it that places like Quill get hammered when they deliver such good value and service?

I am at a complete loss to explain why so many others have given them poor ratings. In our society what do we now expect from retailers? In my experience Quill is an outstanding Company that delivers outstanding value and service. They are a 5 star company in every way as far as I am concerned.

modified review This review was modified by vonnieglen on September 19 2013 08:40:45 AM

"Worst company ever. I ordered an item. They sent me an order confirmation e-mail and then a shipment e-mail. It had a UPS number, estimated range of delivery, ship from address, etc. A week later I did not receive anything. I e-mail them and I get a response of "sorry we never had the item in stock". Unbelievable."

"Horrible experience from beginning to end. First, they advertised a "special" deal on memory cards. I waited 14 days to receive the cards and when I did, they were the wrong cards. I called and after 1 1/2 hours on the phone, they ended the conversation by saying they did not know what happened or why and that they would have someone contact me tomorrow. They never did. I called them again and same run-around. They don't seem to want to refund my money. Horrible company."

"This company sucks. They use deceptive sales tactics to get your business and then all of the lies come out. I will never use them again and I hope that they go out of business for the way they lie to customers."

"Horrible. I placed an order on May 6. The first email, "Updated ship date," from Quill on May 7 said, my shipping was delayed and would be shipped on May 21. Waited. The second email on May 8 said, it would be shipped on May 22. Waited. The third email came on May 22 and said, it would be shipped on June 5. Today, I received another email saying, it would be shipped on June 19. What is all about? The item I ordered is now being sold on Quill's website. I've never experienced this with any other seller around the world! The most terrible on-line seller not only in the U.S. but also in the world! Waiting for a memory card for a month and a half? C'mmon... "

"Ordered two small items Monday night with free shipping. Received the first on Wednesday and the second on Thursday! One small issue: the order confirmation said I would get 1 shipment, so when the first arrived I thought they had forgotten the other item.

Also, I ordered a 5-pack of one item but they accidentally sent me a box of five 5-packs; I e-mailed to ask and after a few days they replied that I could keep or donate the extras.

modified review This review was modified by yotann on April 05 2013 09:24:01 AM

"I bought an HP printer from Quill.com and received the printer within 2 days. The problem was they sent me the wrong printer. I received a Canon printer which didn't have the features on it that I was needing in a printer. When I contacted the company, they admitted to making a mistake and said they would replace the printer they sent me with the or correct one. The problem I had was, they charged me for the first printer, plus now they're charging me for a second printer, and when I called and asked why I was being charged again they said that anything that leaves their warehouse must have a charge associated with it. I asked about a credit on the incorrect printer and was told that I should see that within 5-7 days. I'm not happy with this procedure. They made the mistake, not me! I even offered to take the printer to their local warehouse and exchange it for the correct one, but they informed me that wasn't allowed. I had a printing job I needed this printer for, but now I'll have to pay to have that job done elsewhere. I am not very happy! I will pay the extra $60.00 I saved next time and buy my product from a physical store I can walk into. "

modified review This review was modified by Salesdude105 on March 09 2013 06:08:32 AM

"Superfast! I ordered Quicken software. Quill had it a a super low price with FREE delivery. It arrived super fast. I am extremely pleased with this merchant. "

"I ordered a set of Quill brand folders and Avery labels. During check out, it did say that they would be delivered in two separate orders, but both were free shipping. I received an email a day after placing my order stating that one of the items had a change in the estimated delivery date. The date had only been moved back by one day. When I received the labels, the envelope it came in was a little crushed on the sides, but not in an unacceptable condition. The box of folders came in a well packaged box. The Quill brand folders were exactly what I had expected."