Stores > Pyramyd Air

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

2016-09-21

Hit or miss on what's in stock and shipping

"It was a poor decision not to do an upgrade on my shipping after I submit something online saying all items in stock then receiving an email late in the day that one was not out of stock (4+ hours after ordering).

I had purchased the one item as a birthday gift and the botched shipping meant it wouldn't arrive in time. I'm a repeat customer as well and had my eyes on some of their higher end items too, but now I'll shop around elsewhere for those. I understand sometimes inventory is off but when I order expecting something to arrive on 9/22 and find out nothing shipped due to YOUR error, you should eat the cost of shipping to make sure I receive it by the date originally specified while ordering. It's the cost of doing business and your refusal to upgrade means you just lost all my repeat business.

Side note - On a previous order I didn't get the pellet oil with my order. I didn't even bother calling about it, I'm not a petty person but this mistake annoyed me solely because it was a gift.

2016-09-07

My go-to air rifle retailer

"I have been purchasing air rifles and accessories from Pyramyd Air for over 4 years and never ever had an issue that was not professionally and courteously resolved with 1 quick phone call. PA has a 30 day return policy and they do honor it regardless if an item is defective or I just decided I did not want it. I have called PA on numerous occasions either just for advice or technical assistance and was always treated with respect. This review is solely my personal opinion and I do not work for PA, did not receive any compensation from PA nor was asked to even give a review by PA. "

This review was modified by Rudedawg on September 07 2016 08:55:08 AM

2016-06-28

Extremely Poor Customer Service Over A Missing Screw

"Ordered a Hawke 3/8 in to Weaver adapter on May 21, 2016 and item arrived on May 26. This is a 2-piece item and after installing the first piece, I noticed that one of the screws was missing from the 2nd piece. I notified Pypramydair immediately on May 26th of this. No response so I wrote a second letter on May 28th. On May 31st, Pyramid Air notified me that they would locate a screw or contact Hawke for a replacement. Since then, nothing. Email messages after that have gone unanswered. If they can't open a package to send a customer a missing screw, how bad might it be for a more expensive item. Very poor customer service. Potential buyers should exercise extreme caution."

This review was modified by DisappointedInPA on June 28 2016 09:38:38 AM

2016-06-07

Deceptive, chicanery, underhanded and unreliable

"Those positive 5 star reviews are probably fake.
While they may know a lot about air guns, they seems to have problems in other areas.
The first being their deceptive practice of offering discounts, then responding that those same discounts don't apply to certain items (in particular, the guns they sell). They offer a 10% discount for providing your email address, nowhere does it say "on selective items only". They will also offer a coupon for 20% off, which seems to apply to nothing, certainly not the $75.00 pellet trap I purchased. Again, no where did it say "on selective items only". These in my opinion are deceptive practices.

In addition, I ordered a NEW TX200 mkiii ($629.99). What I received was a refurbished TX200 HC. This was NOT what I ordered and a used rifle was not what I paid for. However, I did get a shipping tracking number for it the next day. The rifle broke two days after I received it. Apparently, not a good refurbish job, I suspect they put a mkiii spring in a carbine, since it was really hard to cocx. I complained about the refurbished rifle to one salesman on May 30th 2016, he claimed they were going to send me a new mkiii. Since I just returned the broken HC, I figured they were waiting to receive it back first. So I called again on June 6, 2016 this time, I complained that I did not receive the item I ordered. Again, this new salesman told me they were sending me a new mkiii. No tracking number the following day, so they seem to be stalling for some reason. Checking other reviews for this same company, this is a repeat performance and not isolated. I suggest you buy your tx200 elsewhere.

Problem was resolved a few day after this review, a full refund was received for the Tx200.

This review was modified by jjdrape on June 12 2016 09:14:31 PM

2016-03-27

Good Experience So Far...

"I ordered my Umarex Octane on Saturday, they shipped it on Tuesday and I received it on Thursday. Not too shabby from Utah to the east coast... The gun was packaged well and in good condition on arrival. This Octane shoots well compared to the one I received from Airgun Depot. See that review to read about my experience with them. Hence the purchase from Pyramyd Air."

2015-10-08

"Pyramyd Air cannot ship to all areas of the USA even though they advertise that they can ship anywhere in the world the law allows. The law allows those items in Pt Roberts but they made no effort to deliver my order there. Other companies have delivered those items no problem. There are other areas in the US that they will not deliver to, even when it's legal there."

2014-04-16

"I happy so far with those who work to answer my question's, but I;m not happy with shipping cost of $7.99 and weight less than an oz for 1 item can be shipped for $3.37 or less"

This review was modified by Dragon70 on April 16 2014 05:32:40 PM

2013-01-14

"DO NOT DEAL WITH PYRAMID AIR!!! If you have a problem with your order they will just ignore your emails and if you ring them they will just hang up on you. Ive been trying to get my money back from them for over a month now :("

2012-07-27

"Thought I was getting a steal on a “BRAND NEW” gun as described in the listing, BUT! When its sounds too good to be true, it’s a lie. Gun was refurbished. Parts were missing + defective. Guess “Brand New” and “Lemon” has the same meaning according to Pyramyd Air."

2012-02-08

"Purchased an HFC M190 airgun in December. Item was defective. I had a lot of difficulty in being put on hold by PyramydAir when I called but after sevral attempts was able to talk to someone. I returnded the item for a new replacement (shipping at my cost). A few weeks later I received the same item I had sent them with the same defect. I returned the item for a refund and once again was had to pay for the return chipping. "

2012-01-21

"the gun has a few issues, but thats the manufacturer's problem. Pyramyds site was easy to use, and the gun arrived when they said it would. Good job people"

2011-12-29

"I bought 4 boxes of pellets. They charged $7.99 shipping and it took a week to get them. {I live in the exact center of the US}. They could have sent them USPS Priority Mail for $4.00 and I would have gotten them in 2-3 days and they still would have made $3.99 extra! This is my second poor order from Pyramyd Air."

This review was modified by Fly4Fun on May 22 2012 05:15:21 AM

2011-12-11

"Great and I would recommend Pyramyd Air"

2011-12-11

"Their site is nicely laid out. The presence of reviews under each item is very helpful in making decisions. Great experience. Will use their site again."

2011-12-07

"Great product, great service, great price, prompt shipping. Will do business with again."

Share Pyramyd Air's store rating

Pyramyd Air is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Pyramyd Air is not a merchant member
Pyramyd Air does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!