PureTalk USA Reviews - puretalkusa.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.75/10 2 reviews

PureTalk USA is not a merchant member
PureTalk USA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

PA
Rating 8/104/5

"I couldn't be happier with PureTalk. I was paying $92/month with ATT for a 3 line 700 minute family plan. I've been with PureTalk for about 3 months now and consistently pay $20/month for all 3 lines, no taxes or extra fees. The rollover minutes keep my account padded so I don't see going over the $20/month. If you do go over they just add another $10 block of minutes.

The service has been exactly the same as ATT in terms of coverage. The only downside for me is the inability to send or receive picture messages. Normal texting is fine (which is deducted from your minutes and not charged extra) but picture messages are not available. I really hope that can be addressed in the future.

I really liked the idea that you can bring your own phone. There are no contracts/commitments whatsoever and all ATT phones are compatible. I got sick of all the extra charges with ATT and now the mandatory fees like data and text plans for most of their phones. It started out with just business phones, then the iphone, now pretty much every phones requires a data or text plan even if you have no use for it. I use free WiFi and rarely text. That was the main reason I didn't opt for an iPhone.

Their online site to access account info is great and very easy to use. You can change your plan, check your minutes, distribute rollover minutes between your family phones, etc. The $20/month is deducted automatically which is great. I always stayed away from prepaid phones because I hated the idea of having to buy refill cards.

Aside from the inability to send/receive pics I couldn't be happier. Saving $70/month is a great feeling!

"Can't Get A Credit!!
I signed up for PureTalk USA service & phone on 5/31/11. Seven days later they dropped the price of the phone I purchased by $15.00 and offered a 35% discount for a Father's Day promotion. When I called to ask for a credit for the $23.73 total difference, I was told "NO", there was nothing they could do to credit me even though I had only missed the deal by 7 days. Next, I emailed their CSR dept. and asked for a supervisor to review my situation--was told no again. I would strongly recommend staying away from this provider--they just don't care about customer service--PERIOD!!