Stores > Puget Custom Computers

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.85/10 9.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.70/10 9.70/10

2016-08-28

Old Guy; New to Puget Systems

"I travel a fair amount and use my "Home PC" for a lot of work related apps. Ordered a PS system with excellent pre-purchase advice from the Service adviser that contacted me ... but, then had to leave for Africa. Boxes had arrived when I got back. There are a lot of things that don't work in Congo and what a great surprise to find that everything I had ordered from Puget worked absolutely great, right out of the box. "Absolutely great" is an understatement -- the machine is sound, well constructed, and wickedly fast compared to the old hp it is replacing. I had selected Puget based on good reviews and am happy to add some re-enforcement. It's a very good company and less expensive than their competition."

2016-08-26

Outstanding Customer Service and Build Quality

"I did a lot of research before deciding on Puget Systems. I looked at all their competitors and did price comparisons as well as what they had to offer on their website. I also looked at the type of cases they use. Most of the competitors are geared toward the gaming industry, and nothing wrong with that, but that wasn't what I was needing.

They are not pushy and they have a very unique process of what they do and keep the customer updated with the entire build process. You can follow along as the computer is built and they keep you updated with email notifications. They show you all the steps they take in the process and who does it. They have very helpful articles and information regarding hardware and software products. They are very helpful in answering questions. They are indeed a very unique company that is getting harder to find these days.

They just do a great job from start to finish. They don't just take your money and forget about you. I have had follow up emails from them. My system is a Genesis 1 system and I have Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6900K CPU, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 video card, three drives with two being SSD drives, so much faster! It's an impressive computer! As of this posting, I still haven't found out the full potential of it's processing power nor the rendering ability of videos with this system.

I have had a few issues with some software not working correctly but that isn't Puget Systems fault that is software companies that haven't yet updated their software to comply more with Windows 10 and to work with 4K monitors.

It is the most I have ever spent on a computer but hope that it lasts me many years with minimal upgrades along the way.

I don't have any cons. Some may say that because they don't offer financing is a con. Well, I don't see that as a con. You can pay with a credit card or PayPal and some other options. https://www.pugetsystems.com/payments.php
They are not a finance company, they build computers. For me that was a pro, not a con.

Puget Systems is #1! I am very happy with the computer and with their outstanding customer service! If you are looking for a custom built computer, give these guys a try. You won't be disappointed! And a special shout out to all those that made this possible - Thanks very much to William George, Jeff Stubbers, Jessica Denoff, Houston Bennett, Kyle Polen, Richard Harmon, Stephanie Bramer, and to Jon Bach for starting the company, and to Scott Denoff and Christopher Crader for the follow up, and to everyone else there. Keep up the great work! Thanks to all of you there at Puget Systems and for what you do!

(To all that read this, I was not paid nor given any special offers to post this review.)

2016-08-25

Back from the brink

"My custom built computer that I use in my home office died. The company that built it 6 years ago no longer builds computers. After some serious online research and speaking with the people at Puget I asked them to build my next computer. They were very good to work with and took a generous amount of time to learn what I needed for my photography business. I am happy with their work. My new computer is very fast. Puget responded to my question about some prewired cables immediately. So far I am very satisfied and think Puget will remain in business for years to come."

2016-08-23

Puget Custom Systems, the best way to purchase a new PC

"Everything about ordering from Puget Systems was superior, the recommendations based on my requirements, the updates as they built and tested it, the shipping materials, the documentation, the lifetime support and of course the actual quality product designed to be trouble free. They strive to be the best and they succeed. Very pleased!"

This review was modified by figaro4 on August 23 2016 09:02:38 AM

2016-08-19

Premium system at a reasonable price

"Since I spend so much of my time in front of a PC I decided the next PC I got would have as few compromises as possible. I searched all the usual places like Dell, HP, and Amazon and couldn't find anything that exactly met my needs. There was always some compromises. Some had features I didn't need and others were missing important features. One feature I really wanted was quietness.

I then stumbled upon Puget Systems. I ended up with the Puget Serenity. I could specify the exact CPU, RAM, primary and secondary storage, and graphics card I wanted. Once I configured my system I was contacted by Puget Systems where they asked me questions in order to find out how I would be using my system. They wanted to be sure the system would meet my needs now and in the future.

Once I placed my order I could logon to their website and track the building progress, right down to who was doing the assembling and who was doing the testing. I could even download pictures showing thermal images of the system at idle and maximum load which showed that Puget had done their homework in keeping heat under control.

I have now had my Puget Serenity for two weeks and couldn't be happier. It ended up costing a little more than the big PC manufactures but I got exactly what I wanted without any compromises. Given the amount of time I spend in front of the PC it was money well spent.

2016-08-09

Great products and quality service

"We needed a fast reliable server to run multiple Virtual Machines. Puget did a great job in assisting us acquire the perfect server for our needs. We particularly liked the way you get to pick each and every component that you need. The other thing that was great is the way they test the final product extensively before handing it over. We will definitely go to them when we need more systems built."

This review was modified by nssy on August 09 2016 03:00:48 AM

2016-08-02

Best of the best

"I didn't want to take a chance on damaging any parts during my PC build this time because I decided to get a hefty workstation that would last another 10 years, so I reluctantly decided to outsource it, but I'm glad I did. I looked at a lot of reviews online, and Puget Systems was the only one that had literally nothing but good reviews, so I knew I couldn't go wrong. They walked me through the entire process from start to finish, and the final build is sleek and absolutely the quietest PC I've ever heard (or actually not heard, I really honestly keep thinking it is off when I enter my office...even if I take the side panel off, the inside is dead quiet...I really don't know how they did it, but I'm tempted to ask them to mod my fridge and water cooler next. :) I'm extremely satisfied and will definitely be getting all of my future PC needs from them as long as they keep the same level of customer service and quality."

This review was modified by supernat on August 02 2016 07:12:25 PM

2016-07-21

Excellent Products and Service

"A very knowledgeable sales representative assists you with your order (he have given me uniformly good advice in all four of my purchases). The build process is fully transparent (you can follow along and always see where they are in the process). No bloatware and you get exactly the machine you want. Don't know how they could do it better."

2016-07-20

went the extra mile on setup

"I ordered a system from Puget so I could run a single Linux application that required specific hardware, and was blown away by how helpful they were in the planning, purchase, and setup stages, engaging in a long email discussion of my requirements and then offering to install the software for me, to make sure it would really work on the system before shipping it! Since this was my one and only purpose for the system, it was a great relief to have this kind of reassurance before committing to buy it. "

2016-07-20

A great product with great customer service

"I have had one of their laptops for almost five years now. Their order team was friendly, professional, and helpful during the process. I have had no need for any upgrades, changes, or service until I made the mistake of changing my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Today, I contacted customer service with questions about RAM and was answered quickly with the information I needed. I will never order a computer from another company, desktop or laptop. I use my laptop for MS Office, internet surfing, and gaming."

This review was modified by xerotolerance on July 20 2016 11:41:40 AM

2016-07-14

Puget Custom Computers...top notch company!

"I love my Serenity so much, I bought a second one for my wife. Puget Custom Computers website is a pleasure to use and very informative. The company is supportive NOT pushy and delivers a quality product. They are the best of the best when it comes to custom computer builders. You will be very pleased with this company!"

2016-07-12

Best company I have ever purchased from.

"The computer was a tad pricey compared to all those other sketchy custom built computer sites. However very reasonable compared to other reputable computer building sites.

My computer is so well put together. It runs amazing, the inside is so cleanly put together and is exactly what i ask for. They test your computer extensively to make sure it works well.

Also their tech support is the best I have ever seen. They are incredibly quick to reply. My second time contacting Puget tech support, I placed a help ticket on the website, and within a half an hour I got a call, from an incredibly nice and helpful lady who fixed my computer problem within minutes.

I can not stress enough that you buy from Puget if you want an amazing computer from a truly amazing company!

This review was modified by JustNobody850 on July 12 2016 03:22:17 PM

2016-07-09

"I have never dealt with any company, or organization that I could recommend as highly as Puget Systems. From design assistance to building a quality product to being available to provide the highest level of post-purchase customer service...they purely and simply are the best.

What a pleasure working with them.

2016-07-05

For the price, not worth it

"I ordered a Spirit model model desktop 14 Jun 2016, it arrived 29 Jun. Customer service quickly answered questions regarding the parts and gave useful recommendations before I placed the order.
It arrived in fine condition, a lot of boxes, a lot of padding, not a scratch on the computer.
Plugged it in, booted up fine, downloaded and installed some games, performance is very good.

Then I go to plug in my old external hard drive. One of the selling points for me on this computer was its large drive bays. I've gotten tired of playing hard drive shuffle with previous computers and I wanted to be able to just plug in my old drives and forget about them. Nope, computer wouldn't boot with any of my other drives plugged in. Called Tech Support, they recommended I switch cables around, no change. So they recommended I buy USB-Sata adapter and just use as external drive. So that's that, back to hard drive shuffle. Bought a hard drive dock and that's just good enough I guess.

Then I noticed when viewing Youtube videos my WiFi was cutting out approx once an hour, no other computers in my house were having this problem, so I call Tech Support, they emailed me the driver and a Internet protocol reset tool. No change. Eventually WiFi connection cut out completely.
Spent couple hours trying different software configs and restarting, no further advice from Tech Support. Called the maker of the WiFi adapter they recommended trying a different PCI slot. That got me back to occasional cutouts. Puget Tech Support said they were glad to hear the issue was fixed and they closed the ticket.
Then I got to spend the weekend trying different older drivers and different versions of the WiFi adapter software until some random combination gave me a stable connection.

tldr: Puget made a quality, premium-priced computer but when it came time to solve the issues that inevitably crop up their Tech Support was no more useful than a Google search. Knowing what I know now, I would have been better off getting the same computer cheaper elsewhere.

This review was modified by BenBob on July 05 2016 04:47:10 PM

2016-07-02

Excellent service from start to finish

"Needed a new PC for gaming. My old PC was from iBuypower, and had served me faithfully for 5 years. I was contemplating buying from them again but decided to do some research, finally settled on Puget Systems.

Overall, extremely satisfied with the machine, customer service, and delivery. Would strongly recommend for custom PC shoppers. It's a high price point, but you're getting high quality service and product for it.

PROS:
- Very helpful in the design phase, quickly responding to questions and providing suggestions via email based on my primary use case (gaming)
- Once I submitted the order, great visibility on the Puget Systems website into what stage my PC was at and estimated timelines
- My PC arrived in excellent packaging, with detailed instructions on how to unpack
- PC booted up fine, has been working smoothly for the past couple of months, and looks great
- A service rep also called me to make sure I haven't had issues about a month after delivery

CONS:
- High price point for custom PC maker

This review was modified by Slashes on July 02 2016 06:40:22 PM

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,512 merchant members.