• Puget Custom Co Puget Custom Computers Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.90/10 9.90/10

What is this?

"Received my new Puget computer today. Unboxed it as per instruction and set it up. the process took only minutes. The unit is totally quiet. Perfect for sequencing and animation, modeling and rendering. This is the best unit I have ever purchased and I have been purchasing computers since 1984.

I can't say how PERFECT this unit is for my high end software. This unit is absolutely the best!
The info and help I received from online support was EXCELLENT. I double checked all info and they (support) saved me a LOT of money. Thank you Puget for making my purchase an easy task!

Shipping by FedEx was on time and my unit was delivered to my door at 7:19 am MST and I live 3 stories up!!

Perfect unit, perfect shipping.

Howard (Sonny) Martin

"Beautifully configurated and built machine. "

"My experience was flawless. The folks I spoke to on the phone where remarkably helpful. The process was really cool. Being able to track the building of my computers (I bought a full desktop system and a laptop), see photos of the testing, and see the overall development was a real bonus. When I got the systems, they were beautiful and worked perfectly. I write a lot of critiques. I call it the way I see it. These folks are on top of their game. Very well done. "

"I found the service, TAT and end product excellent. Thus far the unit is performing flawlessly and I know that Puget Systems is available for rapid assistance should I need it. This is my second computer (I have a laptop as well) from Puget and despite the steeper costs, I would not go with another vendor."

"Over the years I've bought 4 other custom computer systems, and Puget Systems is hands down the ABSOLUTE BEST in the business! If you use your computer on a daily basis like I do, you need a quality system you can depend on, and Puget Systems only puts together systems with parts and components that they have tested, and verified to be reliable, and will last you a long time, with years of reliable service. The best way to order from them is to setup an account (for free), and go through their online quote system to pick out the components and features you think you'll like.... After the quote goes through, their expert sales staff will be happy to review it with you either on the phone or via email, and they'll make sure that it is the right system for your needs. They won't try to pressure you or oversell you in any way, which is what I really liked a lot, and their entire staff is friendly, prompt and efficient with the entire process. You can watch online in your account in real time as your parts are ordered, staged, received and prepared, and they go through a meticulous building and testing checklist to make sure that everything is accounted for, assembled correctly, and is working up to specifications. They benchmark your system and log it all for your reference, and even include restore disks and the original Operating system for you to reinstall or recover it if need be. I looked at several online custom computer companies before ordering with Puget Systems, and NONE of them could match their attention to detail, choices of quality components, prices, service, and most of all turn around time.... The soonest another company could build and ship it to me was over 1 month, while Puget Systems had mine built and in my house in just 8 business days ! I ordered the Genesis II System with their quiet modification package, and when they say QUIET, they mean it ! When I first turned it on, I thought there was something wrong with it because it is absolutely SILENT ! You can only hear a very tiny hum if you put your ear up to the case.... It is unbelievably quiet, especially if you get Solid State drives like I did. I would not hesitate to buy from them again, and will be recommending them to anyone I meet that might be in need of a quality system. Don't make the mistake of buying a cookie cutter computer from one of those big computer builders... They're usually built with the cheapest parts, that are loud, unreliable, and they often fill your operating system with bloatware and garbage that you don't need.... Puget Systems only puts the software you request on the system, so there are no surprises, and no junk programs clogging up and slowing down your system. Order your next system from PugetSystems.com.... I know you'll be happy, and they'll stand behind it and make it right if you ever have any problems, but since they build them right the first time, with only the best components, the chances of having a problem are very low in my opinion. "

"Very easy and clear process. Love the product.
Impressive communication and status reports.

"Absolutely best boutique PC builder ever. Knowledgeable, careful not to sell me more than I needed, daily communication during the build, and on-time delivery. Thanks a lot."

"I felt that I was in very good hands from the sales consultation through the pick up. They listened to me to determine the best fit and price point for my needs. I could follow the build and testing and was given a notebook with everything I might need. I've had the computer for about a month and have had no problems at all. My daughter had a comperable experience with a more specialize computer.

I would tell anyone to check with Puget Custom Computers before buying a new system or doing a major upgrade.

"Wow. This computer purchase was completely different from all previous computer purchases. I have primarily designed computers and laptops at Dell and Lenovo websites in the past. They're OK. But so many times problems arose, and the difficulty in finding someone to talk to was maddening. Not to mention the hours spent trying to disinfect the computer from all the bloatware.
Now I'm in a position to spend a little more to get a great system. I've done this at least 15 times over the past 20 years (I have raised 10 kids), and 15 times I've had to grit my teeth and spend a week of my life trying to get the new computer to work right.
Enter Puget. Ordering a computer from Puget was an incredibly satisfying experience. Here's how it went down:
1. I looked at several custom computer review sites on the web and after checking the best-rated sites settled on Puget.
2. I built my dream computer on their website and submitted it.
3. I got an email from one of the designers at Puget within a few hours. He wanted to clarify what kinds of programs I was going to use the computer for. I gave him a rundown.
4. He suggested that the video card i had picked was a bit overkill if I was not interested in gaming, but only P-shop and Premiere video editing, and other programs requiring less video-processing intensity. He suggested a good, but less expensive one.
5. He asked how important noise level was (not much). He recommended faster but noisier 2TB D and E drives (a little less expensive) but a good low-noise case (a little more expensive). There were other details we covered as well, but I'm running out of space.
6. A few days later I received an email with the pictures of my system, including infrared photos showing heat diffusion at idle and at full load. One more day of testing, then ship.
7. I decided to buy a new high-def 27" monitor from Amazon while I waited. What a revelation! To be able to email the same guy who helped me put my system together, who wrote several of the web articles I studied, and to be able to ask him about how well various monitors will play with my new system. Extremely helpful. Not the least bit put-out by a non-techie with questions. Sweet...
8. I received my new system and new monitor on the same day. Putting this computer together was a joy. The packaging was even a joy. Every step Puget thought of what I might need and prepared me for it. Too much to say, but I'm enjoying my new computer absolutely completely the first day I turned it on. No crapware to remove. It just works. It's perfect.
9. The man who helped me at Puget did recommend one upgrade, that being a 500GB solid-state C Drive. I can't recommend this highly enough. Sooo fast! Nearly instantaneous boot-up. I wonder how many thousands of hours I've wasted waiting for my computers to boot up...
10. As far as the noise recommendations: This computer is literally silent. I have to look under my desk to see if it's on! Not sure why it would need to be quieter than this?
11. Regarding the downgrade on the video card: This beast opens and processes my 25MB RAW photos in Adobe PS nearly instantly. Haven't gotten to video editing yet, but I have no doubt that Puget hasn't led me astray. Just looked back and re-read our ten emails.
12. Just outstanding! They really got to the bottom of what I needed, and taught me along the way. Really a pleasure. I am a very, very satisfied customer. My next computer will definitely come from Puget.

"Great company to deal with. Was able to put together exactly what I was looking for."

"I will never buy another computer anywhere else.

First class outfit across the board.

It starts with exemplary pre sales services. You get someone who actually listens to your needs and will provide recommendations with objectivity (no sales commissions).

After you place your order you can track your system through the entire build, test and ship process. The transparency and attention to detail is truly amazing. There must be a 100 tests that Puget goes through to make sure everything is in good working order.

The shipping material ensures the product will withstand the abuse of the "I don't give a crap" delivery services and your product will arrive with a custom information binder that puts the rest of the industry to shame.

The end product exceeded expectation. The system is one of functional quality without a bunch of unneeded trappings. No pretention here.

Oh yeah. One other thing. I went to Puget because I heard they could build a quiet computer system. The system is less than 2 feet away from me as I type and for all intents it is completely silent.

Highest possible recommendation.

""I highly recommend Puget Systems. They helped me pick out my best workstation I've ever owned. I'm glad to have discovered this business as I was really disappointed with my last computer purchase. The staff is friendly and sales support is perfect. I had questions about what was the best thing I could do to solve some specific workflow problems and they helped me build a computer to solve those problems. Absolutely perfect!""

"Excellent company all around. I was able to customize everything exactly as I wanted to, at a reasonable price too. Extremely knowledgeable staff who are easy to talk with and have excellent communication skills and respond very quickly. They track the progress of your computer as every single individual part is ordered, received, built into the computer, and finally tested to ensure performance. From the order date to the date it arrived was pretty much exactly two weeks, and I shipped by ground from Washington state to Ontario. They had it built and tested in a week. The preset homepage is also pretty awesome in my opinion, it's just a Google search but also with a bunch of helpful links for tips if you want to get into more detail with your computer, and also reminds you to rate (hence why I'm here) because peer review is crucial, and I really liked that as I always mean to review products but often get lazy about it. Just all sorts of great attention to detail on their part. And most importantly, the computer works awesomely! No problems whatsoever, very versatile, and I am 100% confident that should there ever be any problem they will be readily available to help me out. Gotta say, probably my new favourite computer company. "

"Very helpful support, even answered questions outside of the scope of responsibility."

"Great computer build, no problems. Followup excellent."

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,848 merchant members.