Stores > Puget Custom Computers

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.86/10 9.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.93/10 9.93/10

What is this?

2016-05-21

These People Are Still the Best: Looking for a Custom Build? Do It with These Guys.

"5000 Characters isn't enough to cover what a great product, services and customer counsel Puget offers. In my case I was looking for a beast of a system to handle my video editing and animation needs. I began my consultation with Jeff Stubbers who quickly assessed the programs I was using and adjusted the specs on the system I requested right away. This saved me money on some components that were deemed unnecessary (multi core and multi cpu setups can actually run slower with programs that are not written to work with them) and meant that I had to include some components I had not considered.
Ultimately my system is exactly what I need - just really, really, fast and powerful.
Puget has always had the reputation of being the smart custom builder for "Smart" people. I've been working on computers since 1980, which is all of my life from childhood on, so although I'm no novice, the constant evolution of the technology, from hardware to software means that none of us who work for a living can stay on top of all of these changes especially regarding compatibility.
So save yourself the headache - get a system built exactly the way want and need it, with no dumb proprietary apps or components rammed in.
I'd wanted to work with Puget on creating a system for years, but always went with "cheaper" options thinking I was making a more prudent decision. I'd ask you how prudent is it to save some money if you're not getting what you paid for, and a lot of junk you didn't want?
Check out Puget's website now, and use their custom computer feature to build yourself the systems of your dreams. I got every dollar's worth and more for mine, and I'll be a customer of theirs for life.

This review was modified by jimenexjimenex on May 21 2016 09:02:29 AM

2016-05-19

Great Advice, Support and Customer Service - for the Second Time, however ...

"This is the second Puget Custom Computer that I helped order. The first one was for me personally and the experience was THE best I've had when purchasing a computer. I was so geeked up about it that I insisted that my spouse purchase one for her tax and financial business. The ordering was smooth after consulting with staff about what we would need (in this case a RAID 1 configured unit with an SSD hard drive). We placed the order, received the unit in record time (well packed for shipping) and it included the requisite information on this unit. However, given when we placed the order in relation to the real world business situation, we were forced to wait for several weeks before we could make the transition to the new unit. We we fired it up it worked great. However, we are having a few issues with what may be the video card and connection issues to the internet (where there were none with the older unit). We imagine (and hope) that the solution is not a major issue. Their customer service/technicians are attentive and offered initial solutions. We will continue to work with them until these issues are resolved. The unit itself is great looking, virtually silent and very fast. We are pleased - provided that these small glitches are resolved quickly. Thanks again for a great product and service."

2016-05-14

I love my new computer!

"Excellent service, they helped me pick the components that met my needs and the computer was quieter, faster, better, more solid than I expected. I'm extremely happy with Puget Systems and highly recommend them. The customer service has been excellent and the order fulfillment process is probably the best I have ever seen for any company period. They keep you informed at every step of the process."

2016-05-07

Great machine

"Fast, and extremely quiet. I work with Premier Pro CC 2015 and this machine has made a huge difference in the tine it takes to edit and produce 4K video. I would recommend this machine for anyone doing video production. "

2016-05-06

Video Editing with Puget Systems

"I was looking to leave APPLE and go Windows on my future workstation. I had loads of questions and doubt, and didn't want to build something so important to my business by myself.

Puget guides and helps you through every step of the building process. They answer any question you have and cater to your budget. I needed a weird hard drive set up in my PC and they made it no problem. They run a significant amount of testing after they build the PC, and offer webinars, advice, and service after the build is completed. If you're serious about your computer, Puget can help!

This review was modified by ckimbell on May 06 2016 04:48:37 PM

2016-04-30

Happy with my 3 computers, service and support from Puget Custom Computers

"Customer satisfaction is their top priority. Knowledgeable sales agents will help you to configure a system and assist you to choose components that best suit your needs. They don't try to oversell higher end components if you don't need them. I now have my 3rd Puget computer. My first one from 2007 is still working and being used occasionally by my husband along with a newer model that I handed down when I purchased a Windows 10 machine in 2015 that is perfect for my graphics work.

Their support techs are the best and always ready to assist me right away when I need help and then check back to make sure everything is still good. I can't say enough good things about them!

This review was modified by jhowle63 on April 30 2016 09:56:38 PM

2016-04-26

Nice Custom Built Computer

"I was able to pick the components I wanted, including a solid state drive for the Operating system and a larger traditional hard drive for data storage. The build was pretty quick and I was informed about progress the entire time. The computer is fast, quiet and is not loaded with a lot of unwanted programs from the manufacturer. "

2016-04-23

Best custom build ever

"They delivered more than they promised. Their owner's support documentation is superb.
This system exceeds my expectations in every way. Pricey, maybe, but this system is superior to anything the mass guys can provide. Their detailed prep alone is worth hundreds more in value.They don't try to BS you. They are very knowledgeable and their website has lots of good info posted. They answer queries quickly and professionally.
Their US based, good English speaking support is a big plus.

This review was modified by Parkermason on April 23 2016 11:43:17 AM

2016-04-18

They fixed Houston before it left the pad

"During Puget's in house testing they do after building a system, Puget found a card (no names) that was defective. They then contacted me to let me know it was there shipment from the vendor that was bad and let me decide what to do next. To be honest I had seen this all unfold from the system build tracking page you can access from there web site. I was contacted a few times before they even found the defective card to see if I had any questions about the system build. I was impressed with the research and development that they put into there system builds. And yes my system Houston V2 is fast and quiet with no heat problems. I can hear the breeze in the trees outside my window with the computer on. The packing they do is some of the best i have seen. Can you believe they did R&D on packing?! Thank you to everyone at Puget for a great system! "

2016-04-16

Second Desktop

"It has been a month now since I unboxed my second desktop from Puget. My first desktop was purchased in 2007 and it is still running, but its a little old in the tooth now. I ordered my I7 system to take advantage of new technology and wanted a system with no bloat ware. I was able to design my own system to my specs (from case to drives to boards) and they even allowed my to use a new M.2 950 SSD which I had recently purchased. It was delivered box in a box, very secure.
I went back to Puget for a second system primarily because of the customer service. They are always there to answer questions for me when I need help. They do have great hardware but even though we can put a man on the moon, computer hardware can fail. Customer service from the other vendors always has an end date, not Puget.
The system is running great, quiet, cool, and very responsive.

2016-04-16

Attention to Detail

"My new box is beautiful and silent but when I bragged to my team - all software engineers - about the cache of BIOS settings photos PLUS the binder with all the IO port details and driver disks and other incidental information PLUS a restore flash drive they were really impressed."

2016-04-14

Best wishes

"My shopping experience with Puget system was all that I could hope for and exactly what I was expecting when I decided to have a computer custom built for me. From the first system I customized, Jeff Stubbers has been incredibly helpful with the choices of components that suits my needs. He gave me good explanations on functionalities of parts, gave me options for either upgrade or downgrade in qualities, overall it felt to me like he was trying to be as helpful as possible without trying to sell me anything at all. Once I placed the order, I was impressed by the support that was given to follow every step of the process of building my new computer. It took only about 4 days to complete and 2 days to ship ( I am not that far from their location) The box it came in was very well packaged and secured. The system I bought is reaching my expectations in every way, I would definitely do business with Puget systems again and I highly recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a computer custom built for their needs, either if they are experts or amateurs like me.

5 stars

This review was modified by AndroQuazar on April 15 2016 05:18:09 PM

2016-04-13

Forlorn youtube guy finds love with Puget System computer

"So my day job is to literally play videgames and make youtube videos about it. I also stream on twitch. Suffice to say, I am nothing without a good computer. My old one was on its last legs, and I was thinking about buying all the parts and building it myself. A friend recommended that I check out Puget Systems, specifically the Serenity line since they have amazing noise cancelling.

I priced out a build that suited my needs for a little bit into the future and pulled the trigger on the order. I was contacted by them shortly after with a flood of customer service, detailing my computer build, what programs I can have installed on it when it arrives, and much more. I honestly haven't had this good of an experience with a company in a long time, which is why i was so taken back by it.

Throughout the build process I could check in on their website to see how it was going. I can still go there and review the benchmarks that they ran when the system was built. Once the system arrived, I opened up the box and found a detailed guide on how to unpack everything. (These guys have mastered packing and shipping computers.) Included were some other parts for my computer if I decide to upgrade, and a handy folder filled with those benchmarks I previously mentioned, as well as a system restore thumbdrive.

This has absolutely been one of the best experiences I have ever had dealing with a company, and the absolute best for any computer company. If you are considering a custom built computer, you will not regret buying from Puget Systems.

2016-04-10

Best custom built workstations in the United States

"I am currently on my third custom built workstation from Puget Systems and I couldn't be happier. They go so far above and beyond what is necessary that it's borderline insane. Every machine is "burned in" over the course of a week to make sure no components fail. They even take thermal images of the machine at idle and full load. Who does that?!?!?! Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and their warranty and support is unbeatable. Their machines aren't the cheapest out there, but I'm a firm believer in the old adage that "you get what you pay for." I will remain a Puget customer for life, these guys are at the absolute top of their game. "

This review was modified by kurtbeswick on April 10 2016 11:50:49 AM

rx63787's Avatar

Midwest USA
2016-04-09

Another great build from Puget Systems

"This is my 4th build from Puget Systems. This build was for a custom low-mid range system. Although more expensive than other off-the-shelf systems, this was configured with exactly what I wanted, and I didn't get features that I didn't want. They work with you to make sure that you are getting the system you need, and are sensitive to budget constraints and never try to up-sell. I have peace of mind knowing that all components were chosen for their quality and performance. The inside builds of the systems are incredibly neat and tidy, and if/when part replacement or upgrade is needed, it's easy to access everything and clearly view where all cables are connected.
The ongoing customer support is among the best I've ever experienced. Even for someone with no technical expertise (like me), Puget will walk you through any problems or questions you pitch them.
For these reasons, and the level of my trust that they have earned, I have no qualms about spending a little more money for a Puget System. In this case, I definitely am getting what I paid for, and I am extremely satisfied.

This review was modified by rx63787 on April 09 2016 04:30:31 PM

Share Puget Custom Computers's store rating

Puget Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Puget Custom Computers is a merchant member
Puget Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,594 merchant members.