Stores > Public Storage

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-08-16

They are committing fraud, false advertising, embezzling. Also, termites everywhere!

"This company is a big scam - at least this location in New Orleans. They engage in fraud. Here is what happened:

1) I rented a unit from them for a month; vacated the unit after that one month, paid them in full, and asked them for a receipt or something to show that I have no balance and that I vacated. It is "company policy not to print such receipts." Instead, the manager there wrote me a hand-written note that said I vacated, closed the contract and have a zero balance. I have been getting harassing calls and emails from their corporate offices, asking me to pay more, because, according to what they have in the system, I'm still occupying the place. Every time I talk to the workers at the location, however, they tell me that my account is closed but that they are incapable of printing me any paperwork showing that. I will have to take them to court and file a complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

2) When I moved in, it took 3 hours to do the paperwork. The woman there (white woman in her 40s) looked like she was on crack or some other illicit drugs. I paid my movers a good dollar, of course, for all these three idle hours, to wait for Public Storage to complete a simple contract.

3) Their units have termites, termites that literally ate part of my beautiful, expensive armoire during this one month.

4) Their advertised "$1 for the first month" cost me about $250 in all kinds of hidden fees. That does not include the monthly payments of $261 that they want from me, probably for the rest of my life, because they cannot seem to be able to close the contract.

Word of advice: once they get your debit card information, you are locked in for life with these Mafia people. They are like a cancerous tumor - I simply cannot get rid of their harassing calls and emails and I simply cannot close the contract (even though the local manager tells me it is closed). Next step is involving my attorney, and taking them down for punitive action too.

2016-08-04

One of the worst companies!

"I strongly do not recommend using this storage facility. My husband and I stored our belongings here while moving to our new home. The property manager had us buy 2 locks for our doors, which we did, and she told us the other door to our unit was sealed. After a couple weeks they called us back to say the door wasn't sealed after all, only hard to open, and we needed to put a lock on it. However, when we went in we discovered our unit had been burglarized. We were devastated. Because of the discrepancy with what the property manager had told us about the door, we sought the district office's help in reclaiming some of the value of our stolen belongings. They said there was nothing they would do to help us. Personally, I have never dealt with such shady practices and lack of compassion for a family who was victimized. I strongly recommend taking your business elsewhere. This incident- along with other poor business practices they operate under- will make them one of those companies you regret working with."

This review was modified by Ruthio111 on August 04 2016 07:44:40 PM

2016-07-18

I WILL NEVER USE NOR EVER RECOMMEND

"I ONLY NEEDED THE STORAGE SPACE FOR 3 WEEKS AND WITHIN THAT 3 WEEKS I HAD 2 INSTANCES THAT MADE ME SAY I WILL NEVER. I RENTED THE SPACE AT THE FORT LAUDERDALE LOCATION (STATE RD 7 & COMMERCIAL) ON 6/24/16, LESS THAT 2 WEEKS LATER I RECEIVE A FRIENDLY REMINDER PHONE CALL THAT MY RENT IS COMING UP SOON. SERIOUSLY! MY NEXT RENT WOULD BE DUE JULY 23. ON FRIDAY JULY 15 I GO IN TO VACATE MY SPACE, I HAVE MY MOVERS WITH ME, I GET TO MY UNIT & THEY HAD THE NERVE TO PLACE THEIR LOCK ON MY UNIT. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! I STILL HAD 8 DAYS LEFT ON MY CONTRACT AND THEY TREATED ME LIKE I WAS SOME SORT OF DILIQUENT. THESE PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY CARE ABOUT NOTHING BUT THEIR MONEY, SHOULD I EVER NEED A STORAGE PLACE, I KNOW FOR SURE I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY"

This review was modified by Brooklyn1971 on July 18 2016 02:07:10 PM

2016-06-13

Public Storage hasnt changed in 25 years!!!! Still a scam !!!!!

"After having a really bad experience with Public Storage in Calif. 24 yrs ago ....I find myself in need of storage in St Louis, Mo. After all this time (and miles from California to Missouri) you would think I would have a more pleasant experience. Bottom line you receive a statement online after you are late ....why bother to bill someone before ? Remind them after they are late 1 day then bill them. Ok well I will take the blame and pay the fee but I had problems paying so many months in advance ....my rate would go up or the would bill for late fees when they weren't late and then when I thought t next months rent was covered ...I was 3 or 5 or 6 dollars short so now they charge another late fee because it was not paid in full ...the balance was a few dollars short !! So I do not like to pre pay. But with my hectic schedule I had already paid a late that was might fault and another that was there screw up so I decided I was going under contract with a home I would prepay the next 3 months and then I would be done. So of course they jacked my rate up and I did not know until after the first month was taken out and now the second month is about to be so for the third month I will be short !!! Plus no one sent me any notification that I was having a rate in crease !! They just took the money. And when I call all the numbers no one can help me....they hang up on you or are conveniently disconnected. I am waiting to see if anyone calls back after all the voice messages I left. In the mean time the actual site manager works hours that I wished I could work. So I will wait until I can get a hold of her though I know from earlier experience that I will be told that cant do anything about it ...I neeed to deal with corporate. Stay away from them....I wish I had !!!!"

This review was modified by dari000 on June 13 2016 06:55:10 AM

2016-05-16

Ridiculous!!!

"Incompetence is an understatement. The particular location I’m referring to is on 31st St. in Independence, Mo. To summarize my awful experience: I reserved a unit and paid the prorated rent amount. I go to my unit place the plastic protective cover sheets down. Suggestions of Gina the property manager and now I know why as they have a terrible moisture problem, poor design. I don’t have the mandatory barrel lock at this point, so I leave the unit unlocked with intentions to return the next day, the unit was empty anyway. Several times I arrived at the location and there would be no Gina no anyone. I go to my unit that’s unlocked and the protective sheets are gone. I return to the office and buy the mandatory barrel lock whereupon she tells me that she took the sheets out and threw them away she did replace my plastic sheets. I lock my unit and leave. The following month I pay rent early yet receive notice that my rent is late and a late fee has been assessed. Begrudgingly I return to the office, again several wasted trips as she was frequently not there. I inquire about my rent situation upset because I had paid early!! I go to my unit, to make sure everything is ok err that the sheets are still present and my key doesn’t unlock their freggin’ barrel lock, back to the office, get on golf cart with Gina and she tries to open the unit, no luck. She explains that sometimes this happens because when public storage has to brake the lock….it damages the door & sliding lever. She transfers me to another unit. At this point I’m leery; back onto the property we go where she tries the lock before officially transferring me, it works. Next month I received my bill more fees one of which is a “transfer fee” & another late fee!! I had paid on time again. Back to the office. Are you getting the picture yet? Gina was most unhelpful and when I would be in the office frustrated to say the least her customer service skills are basically nonexistent; she would make hostile remarks such as, “are you getting upset with me?” how is that question at all helpful to the situation, at all? The reason I acquired the late fee was due to the fact that Gina failed to make note of the transfer in the system and they still had me down as renting the unit that didn’t unlock. I had to explain that I was not paying for a transfer fee when the cause of which was not my fault. Finally, it gets settled by means of me contacting her manager to get the bogus charges reversed. After less than a year they raised my rent, although it was a nominal amount it’s the principle. I call Gina she actually answers; I ask why the rate hike? Can you guess her response, “oh I don’t know “they” do that after about 6 months and again at a year and your about due for one, you’ll have to call corporate I don’t have any control over that, you realize that you don’t’ have renter’s insurance don’t you she stated curtly. So three days later on a rainy day I decided enough and moved and it was worth every blippin’ raindrop! I also moved my mother out as well, as her rent has seen hike ups too! We found a storage unit nearby, clean, unlike the one I took possession of at public storage. The staff is courteous and what’s that word oh yeah PROFESSIONAL the rent is cheaper AND I have a larger unit. When I spoke about my griefs with “Public Storage” they said,” they have been hearing a lot of that lately, no don’t seem to know what’s going on over at public storage, they seem not care anymore” Hmmm?
Renters beware you have been warned of public storage and the shenanigans of a so called property manager named Gina!
P.S. when I stopped by the office to alert Gina that I was moved out, she was with another customer and in her unprofessional manner said, “Oh ok, do ya have your lock?” She made no note or printed an invoice or nothing. Ten to one, if I don’t’ call and remind her I get a bill for next month, what do you think? Yeah better call corporate just in case!!

This review was modified by 05162016 on May 16 2016 09:02:48 PM

2016-05-10

Scam artist

"I was gone on the 20th of the month I paid and they trinh to bill me for the next month and they wont fix it moo"

2016-05-04

Superb customer service!

"Dana was an amazing property manager! Everything she did was above the standards in which I expected during my transaction. Would recommend this company to my family and friends without question."

2016-04-30

Best service in Spring Hill Fl.

"Haley and Jeremy were great about helping and explaining everything I needed to know. They disclosed all charges and fee's , and made me feel comfortable about the whole process. Jeremy reserved a unit and held it for me till i could get there the next day. THANK YOU HALEY AND JEREMY, GREAT SERVICE"

This review was modified by Daddydrifter on April 30 2016 07:56:41 AM

2016-03-22

Did not honor reservations! Avoid this company!

"I made a reservation, and got manager confirmation of my time with no further explanation to pay for the storage ahead of time. When I showed up with a truck full of items they told my storage unit (5x5) was not available and wanted me to select a higher paying one. Then they ended up transferring me to another facility who wanted to triple the amount of costs for the same unit. And no one made an effort to get a manager or honor my original reservation. I will TELL EVERYONE TO BE OF BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING OF THIS COMPANY. NEVER EVER WILL USE THEM AGAIN. The staff was of no help."

This review was modified by rose61 on March 22 2016 05:42:38 PM

2016-03-10

RUN FROM PUBLIC STORAGE AND THERE SCAM'S!!! READ ALL ONLINE REVIEWS AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!!

"DO NOT USE PUBLIC STORAGE!!! ITS A SCAM AND THEY RIP YOU OFF.
Here is the scam... You call them about the every 6 months rate increase and when they string you along they slap you with a late fee, I had called the corporate over "20" times (Documented) and left Loraine the district manager "8" voice mails (and counting) also documented, if you miss the one and only return call they will never return the rest of your calls in turn causing you to pay the ridicules 45 dollar late fee! So hears the real deal, a couple years ago they lost the right to park vehicles on the sight so the have in turn pushed the loss of revenue on the there customers. Not to mention the customer service on site is horrendous!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!! READ ALL THE INTERNET POST ABOUT PUBLIC STORAGE AND ALL THE LAW SUITS AGAINST THEM... SEE FOR YOURSELF.

2016-02-05

"Thank you very much for the help and the great conversation while my boyfriend and I were there. Jessa you were right about the sour patch kids. Lol. Had a great experience."

This review was modified by dcorcoran23 on February 05 2016 11:23:00 AM

2016-01-22

Breanna is a Sweatheart

"I have been concerned about moving and selling my current house. I'm in a time crunch so I decided to go to Public storage to get some of my stuff out of the house and out of the way. Breanna was the friendliest, thoughtful and kind person I have met there. SHe took the time to walk me through. SHe asked how many rooms, how much furniture, did I need boxes, and recommended certain sizes and types. I was just going to grab a bunch and go, but she helped me not to be too impulsive and to really think about taking good care of my items.
She is the best!!!

This review was modified by MRSJAY62 on January 22 2016 08:13:21 AM

2016-01-19

AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICES

"I was in a jam with a truck full of belongings that was supposed to be headed to Georgia the plans for Georgia fell back so I had nowhere to put my stuff I came into a local public storage in Brooklyn New York property number 08110 and the lovely ladies Katrina and Keyonna help me with my storage needs kudos to public storage and their employees"

2015-11-25

"2555 E Kemper Rd

Rudest people there are. I don't like giving bad reviews, but this place was just plain rude to a paying customer. A man named Charles was working and he doesn't like younger people at all and I'm in my 20's.

I pulled in the to parking lot at 5:45pm. Traffic was really bad or I would've been there a lot earlier. I walk up to the door and it's already locked. It says right on the door that they close at 6pm! I knock on the door and he answers with not a hello or any thing nice to say. He says, "What do you want?". I told him that I registered online for everything and just need to pay. He said that it would take 10 mins to set me up and that he was going to leave right at 6pm if I was set up or not. He then proceeded to make fun of younger people because they can't call back when someone calls. The thing is that I called him back after I got off of work to let him know I was on my way, but he wouldn't answer himself.

After all of that hassle and being put down by someone that doesn't even know me, I'm never going to do business with them again. I'm a paying customer. I don't care how much you hate young people or maybe just me, but I still should be treated with the same respect that I treated him with

This review was modified by andrew.007 on November 25 2015 06:05:27 AM

2015-11-22

"Horrible, unpleasant, belittling, filthy, credit card number thieves!! Very unsecured location with homeless living within the property. Monthly rent increases every 6 months, but yet online quoted prices go down! Free month not worth the hassle or frustrations! Front office ladies (Monique and Meishawn) need CUSTOMER service training and/or classes! Simple trash cans scattered throughout the property would benefit cleanliness of area! "

Share Public Storage's store rating

Public Storage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Public Storage is not a merchant member
Public Storage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!