Stores > Public Storage

Customer service: Rating 4.55/10 4.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-05-16

Ridiculous!!!

"Incompetence is an understatement. The particular location I’m referring to is on 31st St. in Independence, Mo. To summarize my awful experience: I reserved a unit and paid the prorated rent amount. I go to my unit place the plastic protective cover sheets down. Suggestions of Gina the property manager and now I know why as they have a terrible moisture problem, poor design. I don’t have the mandatory barrel lock at this point, so I leave the unit unlocked with intentions to return the next day, the unit was empty anyway. Several times I arrived at the location and there would be no Gina no anyone. I go to my unit that’s unlocked and the protective sheets are gone. I return to the office and buy the mandatory barrel lock whereupon she tells me that she took the sheets out and threw them away she did replace my plastic sheets. I lock my unit and leave. The following month I pay rent early yet receive notice that my rent is late and a late fee has been assessed. Begrudgingly I return to the office, again several wasted trips as she was frequently not there. I inquire about my rent situation upset because I had paid early!! I go to my unit, to make sure everything is ok err that the sheets are still present and my key doesn’t unlock their freggin’ barrel lock, back to the office, get on golf cart with Gina and she tries to open the unit, no luck. She explains that sometimes this happens because when public storage has to brake the lock….it damages the door & sliding lever. She transfers me to another unit. At this point I’m leery; back onto the property we go where she tries the lock before officially transferring me, it works. Next month I received my bill more fees one of which is a “transfer fee” & another late fee!! I had paid on time again. Back to the office. Are you getting the picture yet? Gina was most unhelpful and when I would be in the office frustrated to say the least her customer service skills are basically nonexistent; she would make hostile remarks such as, “are you getting upset with me?” how is that question at all helpful to the situation, at all? The reason I acquired the late fee was due to the fact that Gina failed to make note of the transfer in the system and they still had me down as renting the unit that didn’t unlock. I had to explain that I was not paying for a transfer fee when the cause of which was not my fault. Finally, it gets settled by means of me contacting her manager to get the bogus charges reversed. After less than a year they raised my rent, although it was a nominal amount it’s the principle. I call Gina she actually answers; I ask why the rate hike? Can you guess her response, “oh I don’t know “they” do that after about 6 months and again at a year and your about due for one, you’ll have to call corporate I don’t have any control over that, you realize that you don’t’ have renter’s insurance don’t you she stated curtly. So three days later on a rainy day I decided enough and moved and it was worth every blippin’ raindrop! I also moved my mother out as well, as her rent has seen hike ups too! We found a storage unit nearby, clean, unlike the one I took possession of at public storage. The staff is courteous and what’s that word oh yeah PROFESSIONAL the rent is cheaper AND I have a larger unit. When I spoke about my griefs with “Public Storage” they said,” they have been hearing a lot of that lately, no don’t seem to know what’s going on over at public storage, they seem not care anymore” Hmmm?
Renters beware you have been warned of public storage and the shenanigans of a so called property manager named Gina!
P.S. when I stopped by the office to alert Gina that I was moved out, she was with another customer and in her unprofessional manner said, “Oh ok, do ya have your lock?” She made no note or printed an invoice or nothing. Ten to one, if I don’t’ call and remind her I get a bill for next month, what do you think? Yeah better call corporate just in case!!

This review was modified by 05162016 on May 16 2016 09:02:48 PM

2016-05-10

Scam artist

"I was gone on the 20th of the month I paid and they trinh to bill me for the next month and they wont fix it moo"

2016-05-04

Superb customer service!

"Dana was an amazing property manager! Everything she did was above the standards in which I expected during my transaction. Would recommend this company to my family and friends without question."

2016-04-30

Best service in Spring Hill Fl.

"Haley and Jeremy were great about helping and explaining everything I needed to know. They disclosed all charges and fee's , and made me feel comfortable about the whole process. Jeremy reserved a unit and held it for me till i could get there the next day. THANK YOU HALEY AND JEREMY, GREAT SERVICE"

This review was modified by Daddydrifter on April 30 2016 07:56:41 AM

2016-03-22

Did not honor reservations! Avoid this company!

"I made a reservation, and got manager confirmation of my time with no further explanation to pay for the storage ahead of time. When I showed up with a truck full of items they told my storage unit (5x5) was not available and wanted me to select a higher paying one. Then they ended up transferring me to another facility who wanted to triple the amount of costs for the same unit. And no one made an effort to get a manager or honor my original reservation. I will TELL EVERYONE TO BE OF BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING OF THIS COMPANY. NEVER EVER WILL USE THEM AGAIN. The staff was of no help."

This review was modified by rose61 on March 22 2016 05:42:38 PM

2016-03-10

RUN FROM PUBLIC STORAGE AND THERE SCAM'S!!! READ ALL ONLINE REVIEWS AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!!

"DO NOT USE PUBLIC STORAGE!!! ITS A SCAM AND THEY RIP YOU OFF.
Here is the scam... You call them about the every 6 months rate increase and when they string you along they slap you with a late fee, I had called the corporate over "20" times (Documented) and left Loraine the district manager "8" voice mails (and counting) also documented, if you miss the one and only return call they will never return the rest of your calls in turn causing you to pay the ridicules 45 dollar late fee! So hears the real deal, a couple years ago they lost the right to park vehicles on the sight so the have in turn pushed the loss of revenue on the there customers. Not to mention the customer service on site is horrendous!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!! READ ALL THE INTERNET POST ABOUT PUBLIC STORAGE AND ALL THE LAW SUITS AGAINST THEM... SEE FOR YOURSELF.

2016-02-05

"Thank you very much for the help and the great conversation while my boyfriend and I were there. Jessa you were right about the sour patch kids. Lol. Had a great experience."

This review was modified by dcorcoran23 on February 05 2016 11:23:00 AM

2016-01-22

Breanna is a Sweatheart

"I have been concerned about moving and selling my current house. I'm in a time crunch so I decided to go to Public storage to get some of my stuff out of the house and out of the way. Breanna was the friendliest, thoughtful and kind person I have met there. SHe took the time to walk me through. SHe asked how many rooms, how much furniture, did I need boxes, and recommended certain sizes and types. I was just going to grab a bunch and go, but she helped me not to be too impulsive and to really think about taking good care of my items.
She is the best!!!

This review was modified by MRSJAY62 on January 22 2016 08:13:21 AM

2016-01-19

AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICES

"I was in a jam with a truck full of belongings that was supposed to be headed to Georgia the plans for Georgia fell back so I had nowhere to put my stuff I came into a local public storage in Brooklyn New York property number 08110 and the lovely ladies Katrina and Keyonna help me with my storage needs kudos to public storage and their employees"

2015-11-25

"2555 E Kemper Rd

Rudest people there are. I don't like giving bad reviews, but this place was just plain rude to a paying customer. A man named Charles was working and he doesn't like younger people at all and I'm in my 20's.

I pulled in the to parking lot at 5:45pm. Traffic was really bad or I would've been there a lot earlier. I walk up to the door and it's already locked. It says right on the door that they close at 6pm! I knock on the door and he answers with not a hello or any thing nice to say. He says, "What do you want?". I told him that I registered online for everything and just need to pay. He said that it would take 10 mins to set me up and that he was going to leave right at 6pm if I was set up or not. He then proceeded to make fun of younger people because they can't call back when someone calls. The thing is that I called him back after I got off of work to let him know I was on my way, but he wouldn't answer himself.

After all of that hassle and being put down by someone that doesn't even know me, I'm never going to do business with them again. I'm a paying customer. I don't care how much you hate young people or maybe just me, but I still should be treated with the same respect that I treated him with

This review was modified by andrew.007 on November 25 2015 06:05:27 AM

2015-11-22

"Horrible, unpleasant, belittling, filthy, credit card number thieves!! Very unsecured location with homeless living within the property. Monthly rent increases every 6 months, but yet online quoted prices go down! Free month not worth the hassle or frustrations! Front office ladies (Monique and Meishawn) need CUSTOMER service training and/or classes! Simple trash cans scattered throughout the property would benefit cleanliness of area! "

2015-10-31

"I would stay clear of this company! " I don't give a damn what your lease says, what I say goes!" That is what the employee said to me when I had someone trying to meet me at my unit.
They are an awful company and I will NEVER do business with them again. I was locked out of my fully paid unit today and I'm being evicted. No gate access due to asking the employee to see a copy of my lease. The police were called on me and even the cop laughed about how out of line the situation was
Unprofessional company it is not worth it!

2015-10-25

"Kent Avenue, Catonsville, MD - Keith is wonderful. I had a problem with the door on my unit and Keith went out of his way to help me get it open. He is friendly, polite and quick to help. He is a true asset to the company. Thank you."

2015-10-23

"I had my items stored at Public Storage in Louisville KY. I was out of the country for several days. I was unable to make my payment on the first. When I arrived back to the states I called them and told them my situation and that I would be paying my bill now. They had already cut my brand new lock and put their on it. At no time did anyone ever tell me that they cut your lock and put their lock on it. I have had other storage locations double lock my unit but never cut my lock. They were very rude when I went to ask them to remove their lock so I could get my stuff out. I have not been treated so rudely by any business before."

2015-10-20

"Hate these people. Raised my rates 58% in 18 months. Terrible customer service. They make it abundantly clear that they could care less. They have your stuff, they'll do what they like, charge what they like and don't give a damn. Got to move anywhere else. Don't want these people to have my money. "

Share Public Storage's store rating

Public Storage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Public Storage is not a merchant member
Public Storage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!