• Public Storage

Product & services pricing Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Weeks after my unit had been broken into, I finally receive a phone call from Renee informing me that the keys to the office and the entire public storage facility had been stolen and my unit, along with dozens others, had been burglarized. When I asked if they caught the culprits on camera, she informed me the cameras do not work in the lobby, and there is no camera system on any floor, nor in the back of the building.

One of the things that upset me most was that she called me from her personal phone number, at 8 o'clock at night mind you, to inform me of the break-ins at public storage. She said she could not call from Public Storage because her district manager, Mia, told her people have to come and pay for their storage unit first. Only after they pay can you inform them their unit had been broken into, and can they see if their belongings are still there.
Mind you, I received the call on the 13th, and my unit was due on the 10th. This is how Public Storage decided to deal with a crisis?

Furthermore, Renee had the audacity to remind me that I had not yet written a yelp review for her yet-so Renee, here is your review. Renee is lazy, incompetent, a perpetual child who giggles like an inappropriate Disney Character when you ask her about serious issues or matters, and completely unprofessional. In fact, the day I went to check to see if my belongings were in my unit, I found Renee having inappropriate relations with another male employee, tall, Hispanic with glasses. So now I know why the facility is always filthy, unorganized and nothing is ever done-the employees are playing kissy face every chance they get instead of helping out their customers! What Exemplary behavior.

I wouldn’t doubt if Renee was in on the break ins happening at Public Storage. I have witnessed so many underhanded, unprofessional things in the office when Renee is there, mainly taking bribes, in the form of food, money, gifts. There is always a man who looks like Andy Dick going behind the counter into the back room bringing her snacks, etc. I am on the same floor with this man and I hear him boasting about how Renee shuffles him around to constantly give him a special on a unit. Let me preface this by saying the man, claiming to be a realtor to the stars-LOL-is a filthy hoarder who bring all sorts of vermin and pests in with all of his crap. Yet, good ol' Renee always defends this guy.
Not only that-she shuffles him around so he can get a discount and she can pocket the rest of the money. Lovely. I have been here 6 months and this is by far the most expensive 6 months ever. COMPLETLEY A WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, RESOURCES, AND SANITY.

When you ask Renee why is the facility so dirty, why hasn't she swept (there are always metal shavings and glass broken in front of units and in the common walkways) she immediately blames the fact that she is either there by herself, or when her "relief" is there, her "relief" isn't forced to do her job, because her "relief" is in a relationship with the District Manager, Mia, and therefore, nothing gets done. But, Renee, you too were playing kissy face a with male employee at Public Storage-so it's a wonder with all this canoodling going on that anyone's belongings are still there at all. Obviously the thieves are in house, or they would not be getting away with stealing everyone's belongings from right under Public Storage's nose.
But instead of taking care of these issues and cleaning up, Renee likes to bitch about it to her customers. Why should I know all of this information? And why are there so many unprofessional relationships going on at this facility, inhibiting it from running properly?

One last thing: to Jessica Alba, Blair Underwood, Bridget Marquart, and all other "celeritites" that store at the Raymer Public Storage Facility, since you are such great friends with Renee, has she called you to tell you that the facility has been breached and taken over by thieves and that you should come and check in on your stuff? Now people…let me ask you another question….why would anyone know who else stores at this facility? I will tell you why: Renee tells anyone and everyone who stores there, what great friends she is with these celebrities, and how Public Storage doesn't appreciate how many celebrities clients, who are her friends, she has convinced to come rent a unit at her Public Storage facility, and kept there. This 40 year old girl is a delusional idiot who should not be in charge of people's personal information or their belongings.

I will not store here again as long as this incompetent, unprofessional individual is still employed by this corporation. Shame on you Public Storage. Or maybe it is Mia's fault. Shame on you Mia. Pull your pants up and fire Renee and her irritating sideways smile.

My attorney will be in contact with the facility so this review will be updated as soon as more information can be provided.

modified review This review was modified by kathleenbwrite on April 22 2015 10:29:43 AM

"DON'T RENT HERE!! they CHARGED ME $143.OO FOR THE FIRST MONTH, AND MADE SOME BOGUS CHARGE OF $7.00 AND ADDED ON ALL KIND OF FEES,DID NOT EVEN GET MY EMAIL CORRECT AND DID NOT SET UP AN ONLINE ACCOUNT SO I COULD PAY IT ONLINE!!! they CHARGED ME 111.00 AND TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE FOR A SMALLER UNIT TO MOVE INTO AND WHEN I ASKED TO SEE IT IT WAS THE WRONG UNIT THAT LOOKED LIKE A FUCKING CLOSET;THEN TOLD ME THE 111.00 WAS FOR THE PRIOR MONTHS CHARGES!!!!I WILL BE TAKING THEM TO CLAIMS COURT SINCE THAT RIPPED ME OFF KNOWING I AM HOMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FARCE!!!this PLACE IS A DUMP AND ITS NOT HEATED AND ALSO TOLD ME THAT I COULDN'T EVEN CLOSE THE DOOR TO MY UNIT WHEN I WAS INSIDE THE DAMN THING!!!! THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN STORAGE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by celticqueen on March 08 2015 12:35:40 PM

"Their storage units are clean and secure, but beware that they frequently raise the rent, so I do not recommend using their facilities for more than a couple months. With the constant and consistent rate increases, they assume it will outweigh the annoyance to having to find a new facility, rent a truck, and move again. I will never use their services again, and will warn all friends and family from using it as well. "

modified review This review was modified by Bblaud on March 03 2015 06:55:53 AM

"This was a Horrible experience. I never moved in because the code would not work. It was before closing and it was pitch black and not in a great part of town. I could not get a refund. I went to Uhaul storage and they have been nothing but perfect. Did not make me pay for insurance. Public storage charges a min of $11 a month on top of rental. I have my own insurance and didn't want theirs but was not given a choice. I could not refund or move to another location. Never will I use this company again!"

modified review This review was modified by dmholley on December 12 2014 01:35:40 PM

Public Storage User

"I rented at Public Storage back in December at $99 totalplus the insurance and the insurance does not cover anything in my storage, and in July (of course the hottest time) too hot to move out , they raised the rental to $117 I rented at Thousand Oaks and I 35 it is not even controlled temperature. Looking for another location now I cannot wait to move out. "

"Impossible to contact Public Storage. They are unable to process an online check payment, and then charge you late fees.."

modified review This review was modified by Lucky02 on April 18 2014 11:43:51 AM

"Public Storage has a flawed business model. They get you in with the online rate and then raise the rate once you are in. The issue I have is they don't raise the door rate, so new clients continue to receive the lower rate while you get uncharged. It's a classic BATE AND SWITCH. I called the regional manager who said "we leave the online rate the same to catch more clients." He found nothing ethically wrong with the model. It's wrong. I will never do business with them again. "

modified review This review was modified by chapmanmail on February 23 2014 12:46:11 PM

"Dear Public Storage Support,

I am not happy with your contract. My rates have went up $15.00 a month over what I initially agreed upon, in addition, having to pay for insurance is ridiculous. Mark my words, I will not recommend your company to anyone, I will encourage negative feedback and as soon as I am able, within the next couple of month(ya got me, congratulations) I will move my storage to another company/facility while keeping my eyes open for small print on a contract that indicates you can increase rates at anytime.

"If you plan on doing business with Public Storage, there are a few things you should be aware of:

1. Public Storage does not reply to customer service requests through their website.
2. Public Storage is impossible to get in contact with by phone.
3. Public Storage will randomly raise the cost of your rent.

Share Public Storage's store rating

Public Storage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Public Storage is not a merchant member
Public Storage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!