• Public Storage

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Don't go there please !!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ron at store 24335 in columbus ohio 614 888-0738 bush blvd. Is the man for the job he has an excellent and skillful way dealing with customers and accurate gives information on handling the accounts of the storage unit. Ron also give the best advise and information covering all questions. If you have any concerns he will get it done or answered. Thanks Ron for making my public storage experience a plus."

modified review This review was modified by Albizz40 on March 27 2015 09:22:55 AM

"Blanche is an excellent agent and was most informative.
I was very satisfied and will recommend this business to
friends and family. Worth 5 stars---6 if you had it.
Richard Yoho

"Public Storage is aweful. They will lie to you, and charge you extra money. Even if a manager seems compassionate to your situation in the moment, it is all fake. Collections hassled me to the point where I had to pay $150, when I was told by the store manager that I would not be charged further. "

modified review This review was modified by Debburnham on March 11 2015 01:37:32 PM

"DON'T RENT HERE!! they CHARGED ME $143.OO FOR THE FIRST MONTH, AND MADE SOME BOGUS CHARGE OF $7.00 AND ADDED ON ALL KIND OF FEES,DID NOT EVEN GET MY EMAIL CORRECT AND DID NOT SET UP AN ONLINE ACCOUNT SO I COULD PAY IT ONLINE!!! they CHARGED ME 111.00 AND TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE FOR A SMALLER UNIT TO MOVE INTO AND WHEN I ASKED TO SEE IT IT WAS THE WRONG UNIT THAT LOOKED LIKE A FUCKING CLOSET;THEN TOLD ME THE 111.00 WAS FOR THE PRIOR MONTHS CHARGES!!!!I WILL BE TAKING THEM TO CLAIMS COURT SINCE THAT RIPPED ME OFF KNOWING I AM HOMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FARCE!!!this PLACE IS A DUMP AND ITS NOT HEATED AND ALSO TOLD ME THAT I COULDN'T EVEN CLOSE THE DOOR TO MY UNIT WHEN I WAS INSIDE THE DAMN THING!!!! THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN STORAGE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by celticqueen on March 08 2015 12:35:40 PM

"This has been a horrible experience. Not once in 3 years did they ever have to ask me for payment. I always paid online from the email they sent on 13th. The month I scheduled to move out, all of a sudden they want late fees! So beware, they play games with you.

Also, we had been asking for the light to be fixed for over 4 months and it was always some excuse. It still was not fixed as we move out.

The property is in Louisville, Kentucky off Popular Level road. So beware. They basically can hold your stuff hostage. They basically are fools to hack off a 3 year customer who always paid.

modified review This review was modified by Lydiamalone00 on March 07 2015 01:11:13 PM

"Their storage units are clean and secure, but beware that they frequently raise the rent, so I do not recommend using their facilities for more than a couple months. With the constant and consistent rate increases, they assume it will outweigh the annoyance to having to find a new facility, rent a truck, and move again. I will never use their services again, and will warn all friends and family from using it as well. "

modified review This review was modified by Bblaud on March 03 2015 06:55:53 AM

"This was a Horrible experience. I never moved in because the code would not work. It was before closing and it was pitch black and not in a great part of town. I could not get a refund. I went to Uhaul storage and they have been nothing but perfect. Did not make me pay for insurance. Public storage charges a min of $11 a month on top of rental. I have my own insurance and didn't want theirs but was not given a choice. I could not refund or move to another location. Never will I use this company again!"

modified review This review was modified by dmholley on December 12 2014 01:35:40 PM

Public Storage User

"I rented at Public Storage back in December at $99 totalplus the insurance and the insurance does not cover anything in my storage, and in July (of course the hottest time) too hot to move out , they raised the rental to $117 I rented at Thousand Oaks and I 35 it is not even controlled temperature. Looking for another location now I cannot wait to move out. "

"Impossible to contact Public Storage. They are unable to process an online check payment, and then charge you late fees.."

modified review This review was modified by Lucky02 on April 18 2014 11:43:51 AM

"Public Storage has a flawed business model. They get you in with the online rate and then raise the rate once you are in. The issue I have is they don't raise the door rate, so new clients continue to receive the lower rate while you get uncharged. It's a classic BATE AND SWITCH. I called the regional manager who said "we leave the online rate the same to catch more clients." He found nothing ethically wrong with the model. It's wrong. I will never do business with them again. "

modified review This review was modified by chapmanmail on February 23 2014 12:46:11 PM

"Dear Public Storage Support,

I am not happy with your contract. My rates have went up $15.00 a month over what I initially agreed upon, in addition, having to pay for insurance is ridiculous. Mark my words, I will not recommend your company to anyone, I will encourage negative feedback and as soon as I am able, within the next couple of month(ya got me, congratulations) I will move my storage to another company/facility while keeping my eyes open for small print on a contract that indicates you can increase rates at anytime.

"If you plan on doing business with Public Storage, there are a few things you should be aware of:

1. Public Storage does not reply to customer service requests through their website.
2. Public Storage is impossible to get in contact with by phone.
3. Public Storage will randomly raise the cost of your rent.

Share Public Storage's store rating

Public Storage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Public Storage is not a merchant member
Public Storage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!