• Public Storage

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Their storage units are clean and secure, but beware that they frequently raise the rent, so I do not recommend using their facilities for more than a couple months. With the constant and consistent rate increases, they assume it will outweigh the annoyance to having to find a new facility, rent a truck, and move again. I will never use their services again, and will warn all friends and family from using it as well. "

modified review This review was modified by Bblaud on March 03 2015 06:55:53 AM

"This was a Horrible experience. I never moved in because the code would not work. It was before closing and it was pitch black and not in a great part of town. I could not get a refund. I went to Uhaul storage and they have been nothing but perfect. Did not make me pay for insurance. Public storage charges a min of $11 a month on top of rental. I have my own insurance and didn't want theirs but was not given a choice. I could not refund or move to another location. Never will I use this company again!"

modified review This review was modified by dmholley on December 12 2014 01:35:40 PM

Public Storage User

"I rented at Public Storage back in December at $99 totalplus the insurance and the insurance does not cover anything in my storage, and in July (of course the hottest time) too hot to move out , they raised the rental to $117 I rented at Thousand Oaks and I 35 it is not even controlled temperature. Looking for another location now I cannot wait to move out. "

"Impossible to contact Public Storage. They are unable to process an online check payment, and then charge you late fees.."

modified review This review was modified by Lucky02 on April 18 2014 11:43:51 AM

"Public Storage has a flawed business model. They get you in with the online rate and then raise the rate once you are in. The issue I have is they don't raise the door rate, so new clients continue to receive the lower rate while you get uncharged. It's a classic BATE AND SWITCH. I called the regional manager who said "we leave the online rate the same to catch more clients." He found nothing ethically wrong with the model. It's wrong. I will never do business with them again. "

modified review This review was modified by chapmanmail on February 23 2014 12:46:11 PM

"Dear Public Storage Support,

I am not happy with your contract. My rates have went up $15.00 a month over what I initially agreed upon, in addition, having to pay for insurance is ridiculous. Mark my words, I will not recommend your company to anyone, I will encourage negative feedback and as soon as I am able, within the next couple of month(ya got me, congratulations) I will move my storage to another company/facility while keeping my eyes open for small print on a contract that indicates you can increase rates at anytime.

"If you plan on doing business with Public Storage, there are a few things you should be aware of:

1. Public Storage does not reply to customer service requests through their website.
2. Public Storage is impossible to get in contact with by phone.
3. Public Storage will randomly raise the cost of your rent.

Share Public Storage's store rating

Public Storage is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Public Storage is not a merchant member
Public Storage does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!