Provident Metals Reviews - providentmetals.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.00/10 5 reviews

Provident Metals is not a merchant member
Provident Metals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Hello All,

I wish to respectfully inform you all here that [B]Provident Metals[/B] cheated me in a large transaction.

-->I ordered online and made a prompt payment (same calendar day) through a cashier's check (certified check) and never heard anything back from them for a while.

-->I contacted them later and they told me that I have to pay for the order, which confused me.

-->Inquiring into the issue they are alleging that I had many (in multiples of 10) open orders in the last 25 months or so and the check I sent was used to cover the market loss!

-->I wish to respectfully inform that I had no open orders in the past with any metal trading companies.

--> When I also contacted them to get more detailed information, they are refusing to provide any information (even a phone number of their legal department etc or even put me to a supervisor) and are saying that they cannot answer any kind of questions and I cannot call them again (it was just 2 phone calls - very polite from my side, not theirs).

[B]I understand that the metal dealers have been burned due metals trading so low, but I sincerely feel that they are ripping me off! I believe they should be angry at Wall St commodity traders rather ripping off individuals.
[/B]
[U][I][B]My piece of advise, please avoid PROVIDENT METALS LLC at any cost! There are many other reputable metal retailers out there![/B][/I][/U]

[B]****** I am hearing that Provident Metals threatens and shuts people off who write their bad experiences with them, which is a very bad tactic******[/B]

modified review This review was modified by PmetalsCheats on August 23 2013 09:58:06 AM

"I have ordered twice from Provident. The first order, which was for products advertised as being in stock, was finally shipped after nearly a month. They received my payment for the second order on April 1st, and as of today, 3 1/2 weeks later, the order still has not been shipped. When I asked about the delay I was told they're waiting for delivery from their suppliers. Like the first order, the second is for items advertised as being in stock. I was told "in stock" is the same as "expecting delivery from suppliers".
Draw your own conclusions, but I won't be doing any more business with this company.

"check out joshua merrick's mugshot in video
Provident Metals Scam
Joshua Merrick MUGSHOT
31 M 01-07-2012 Stearns County, MN
Mugshots Online JOSHUA MERRICK Saint Cloud Minnesota
Jan 7, 2012 – Charges. CRIM AGNST ADMN JUST-MS-OBST LEGAL PROCESS / OBSTRUCT LEGAL PROCESS-MS

Provident Precious Metals, LLC P.O. Box 325. Lavon, TX 75166
Provident Metals is operated by 30 years old owner, Joe Merrick with PO BOX address in Texas.
Their price quote is higher than market price, and does not reflect market price reflections which they refuse to explain.
You will see a lot of complaints against this company that it is actually scamming.
1. they charge false market loss fees when there is no market loss (never purchased)
2. they also charge false market loss ADMIN fees.
3. timing is great. they wait several months until gold price goes down, then demand/extort market loss/admin charges.
4. gold price fluctuate. their policy is to keep gains, but customer pays losses. so they wait several months to see gold price drops, then demand false market losses.

OK I talked to Joe again and he will consider giving you the $119 market loss if you will allow him to explain Provident's policy. He understands you might be frustrated if you somehow missed it, and that is the only reason he is considering it. What time are you free to talk to him?

Josh Merrick

Well, I talked to him and I think he is going to be sending you the $119. The only thing is he wants to explain what happened over the phone. Is that possible?

Josh Merrick
josh merrick

2. they also charge false market loss ADMIN fees.

"I chose them based on reviews but have had a lot of issues. I made around eight orders and had a problem on half the orders with very poor quality coins or damaged cases on items like coin proof sets. I aso got 10oz silver bars that were supposed to be individually sealed where half of the packs were broken open. After requesting replacements for very poor quality coins or damaged items on my last order time they refused to replace a 1962 mint set that is severely tarnished (it should have never been sold at the full price of what a good quality set would cost) and they told me they will no longer replace any damaged items I receive from them in the future.

Obviously I told them how disappointed I was with them considering they are the ones who choose the products and package them for shipping. They do not use sufficient, and by that I mean hardly any, packing material to protect the products during shipping.

A good retailer who had sent broken and poor quality items to a customer so often should apologize for these issues and make assurances that it is not normal instead of telling that customer they will no longer fulfill the return policy they had purported to me so many times as their policy of replacing any damaged items.

Do not buy from these guys.

modified review This review was modified by cpen on April 26 2012 06:32:28 PM

"Provident Metals was my first time dealing with a precious metals dealer. I had wanted to start buying precious metals when I finally became convinced that my savings were safer by investing in silver instead of just keeping my money in my savings account and getting no interest on it while the bank makes use of my money and it slowly loses purchasing power as inflation increases.

Before deciding to buy from Provident Metals I looked at other websites like APMEX.com and Gainesvillecoins.com. APMEX is probably the biggest gold and silver dealer in the U.S but their premiums are very high which turned me off from buying from their site. So I did a little bit of searching around for better prices and came across Gainesvillecoins.com which has prices alot lower then APMEX and alot of reviews on youtube and google. The problem with Gainesvillecoins.com though is that they overcharge on shipping so whatever money you save on their premiums you lose with their shipping expenses. So I wanted to see if there were any other cheaper alternatives from a reputable company when I came across the website silvercompare.com which has a list of the most popular gold and silver coins and the prices that each dealer sells them for, this led me to Provident Metals.

Provident Metals wasnt as well known as the big two (APMEX and Gainesville Coins) so I did a google search and came across a forum post on http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?339-Provident-Metals-Dealer-Rating which had a thread with very positive customer feedback on Provident Metals. This gave me the courage to buy from the website and I am very glad that I made my purchase with them.

The order was shipped the same day that I sent the wire transfer over to them and arrived within 3 business days. The package was shipped in a USPS Priority mail box with another box inside and all the sides taped up to prevent people from opening the package. The shipping label had a discreet sender name to prevent people from stealing your package when they see the words "Precious Metals" on the package. Their shipping rates were alot less money then Gainesville Coins and APMEX and the shipping speed was alot faster as well.

Overall I am very satisfied with them and will definitely buy from them agian in the future.