Product & services pricing Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.87/10 3.87/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.51/10 4.51/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.99/10 3.99/10

"Feel like I'm beating the same drum.

Called ProtectCell to request a replacement for the black, yes black, Samsung S4 I had dropped on the pavement. Seemed simple enough. Paid the $150 and two days later received the replacement FedEx. Hurray!

Opened the box to find a white, yes white, Samsung S4. Ooppsss, must be a mistake. Called customer service to be told, "sorry, we send you what we have in the warehouse." Seems like a good idea to buy insurance with your new phone, right? Really, I bought insurance for this?

I feel like I've been taken advantage of by another fly-by-night shyster. I'm confident somewhere in this insurance policy I purchased it gives them this right, but no doubt in the dark recesses of the policy in 4 font.

We all know this: read any contract before you sign it. They know: we rarely do.

Think you might find a black Samsung S4 in your warehouse?

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-20-2015

“Hello Jonboydl,

Please understand: our top priority is to keep the amount of time our customers go without a working device as small as possible. And the vast majority of the time, the replacement devices we send out are exactly the same as our customers' original devices.

Occasionally we experience periods of higher demand for a particular model, and resultantly we do send out replacement devices that are almost exactly the same as a customer's original device--at least with regard to the important stuff like capabilities and functionality--but are slightly different than the original when it comes to things like external color. This is not an arbitrary decision, nor is it done intentionally to upset customers (because what good would that do?); this is done, again, to ensure that customers don't go without a working device one second longer than is necessary. To recap: 'sorry, we send you what we have in the warehouse' doesn't mean we're stockpiling white S4s, it means we really didn't have any at that time, but rather than make you wait until we did have one we opted instead to get you a very similar phone ASAP.

That being said, your information has indeed been forwarded on to our Customer Support manager, who should be reaching out to you shortly to see what we can do.”

"Replacement phone came VERY fast and was ready to use when I took it out of the box. Everything was easy to do, no hassle. Same color phone came and everything I needed was on the box. "

"I, for one am very happy with how easy it was to put in my claim for a replacement. Although I didn't get the same type of phone back, because my model was no longer available, they sent me the upgrade and I couldn't be happier. Keep up the good work Protectcell, so glad you were able to help me! "

Justin33's Avatar
Apple country, PA

"I recently had to call in a claim on my smashed iPhone 5s. I didn't have any trouble like all of these other posts/reviews. The only issue I had was that there was no place to verify my shipping address when I filed my claim on the app. That caused a slight issue and delay in receiving my new device because it was sent to the wrong address, my previous address. When I saw that if was marked delivered, to my old town, I called up customer service immediately. They then overnighted me a new device to my current address and all is well in my life again. Thank you Protectcell for the prompt service."

"The service was very fast and easy however I am VERY dissapoitnted that I didn't receive the same color phone...I was never informed of this and it wasnt even mentioned to me that they can't guarantee the color of the phone when the customer service lady asked me what color my damaged phone was. I had a gold and white phone and was sent a black and grey. I called back opened a new claim in which the manager at the cooperate office assured me that the new claim went through and a new white and gold was being sent out...I never received the phone and called to find out none of that was true and I was stuck with the black and grey phone unless I wanted to send it back and be phoneless for up to 2 weeks. I owe a business and can't operate without a phone. I'm Very dissapoitnted about this...I thought insurance replaced your product not whatever is close to your product that they have instock. This would have been good to know because I would have waited the extra few days tell they got more white and gold phones in. "

"The service was easy and fast. I had my new phone in a day and I was back on with my life."

"very fast response! Got the new phone within two days. Thank you very much for the great service."

"Really dissatisfied with protect cell , it's taken almost a month to get my replacement device , I could of driven to an Apple Store and paid less to have it fixed , not sure o will continue with my other devices "

“Hi jstringer00,

'Almost a month' definitely exceeds the amount of time it should've taken to get your replacement device shipped. Sounds like something didn't go according to plan, and I'd like to figure out what happened but to do so I'll need some more info. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name and plan #, and we'll go from there. Thank you!”

"I appreciated how quickly I received my son's new tablet, but the process of getting a New one even though I have paid a monthly fee for a year was a hassle. Also, having to pay an additional $50 is really upsetting. Lastly the fed ex box that it was package in was to large and allowed the new tablet to be thrown around during shipping. So, we will see how it works."

“Hi KristaKaminski,

Part of what we pride ourselves on is a 'No Hassle' replacement process, so any news that we missed that mark is not something we want to let sit. Kindly send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan #, as well as what happened with your replacement process. And as for the $50 fee, that's the admin fee that's an inherent part of all our plans...I take it that came as a surprise as well?”

"No complaints. Had to wait a while to talk to someone though. They got my replacement phone sent fast and was thankful for them."

"Finally I did something right. I insured my phone with Protectcell. My phone was dropped, case cracked, and totally stopped working. I couldn't access anything. I didn't remember that I had insurance so I went into Verizon, where I purchased the phone, thinking I'd have to buy a new one at the full price (which, believe me, was very expensive). Fortunately, the Verizon employee looked up my account and saw I had purchased Protectcell insurance. So, I called them immediately. They FedEx-ed a new phone, which came two days later and I mailed back (in a postage paid envelope they provided) the old damaged phone. Everything went very smoothly."

"THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF
YOU SHOULD KNOW. THE LADY TREASURE WAS SO RUDE SHE WOULD NOT GET ME A MANAGER DUE TO THEM RIPPING ME OFF. THEY USE THE WARRANTY FOR THE FIRST YEAR THEN CHARGE YOU FOR A WHOLE NEW PHONE IF IT IS THE SECOND YEAR. THESE RESELLERS TELL YOU HOW WONDERFUL THIS OPTION IS. DO NOT EVER GO TO A RESELLERS STORE AGAIN. IT IS NOT WORTH IT THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF TO GET MONEY FIRST AND NEVER TELL YOU ANYTHING THAT IS THE DOWN SIDE. YOU MUST GO TO A VERIZON STORE NOT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER.

“Hi traciealfano,

The fact that you're unhappy with our service came through, loud and clear, and I'd like to see what can be done to alleviate the situation. But to do that, I'll need a bit more information and some clarification about what happened, as I can't really tell based on your post. Kindly send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name and plan number, and we'll go from there. Thank you!”

"I'm sorry Protectcell but in your response to Kingjr5 dated 11-24-14 you state:

"we don't send out 'fake' iPhones"

Well, like others we received a fake Iphone and when we brought this to your attention we were basically told to take a hike. The phone we received does not have an IMEI Number on the back of the case. Apple confirmed it was a fake and your Customer Service manager told us to read the contract. Sorry but nowhere in the contract does it state we would be defrauded and sent a fake with an old battery in return for our 2 year prepaid plan plus the $150 deductible. Total ripoff...

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-08-2015

“Hi rcollinsaz,

I'd like to look into your issue in more detail, but I'll need some information from you to do so. Kindly send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name, plan # (to confirm the # you included with your post) and the phone number of the device you were trying to replace. Thank you!”

"ProtectCell does not commit to their services guarantee. I bought Premium Package for 200$ for 2 years. Then I lost an IP6 and they charged me 150$ deductible for new phone replacement with a promise that new phone will be delivered in next 2-3 working days. However, 2 week later still cannot see the phone delivered. I called many times and it's ridiculous I got same the answer that they cannot give me the ETA of delivery. No promise, no estimate !! No one in ProtectCell can tell me when they can deliver the phone. Sound like they're telling me NO, I WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE PHONE though I charged you 350$ already.

Today Jan 7th, 2015 and it's been 2 weeks since my order was placed , I just called again and got same answer. What kind of business is that?

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-08-2015

“Hi Dukeng,

Well, it definitely sounds like something didn't go according to plan. I'd like to see what we can do to fix the situation, but I'll need some information first. Kindly send an email with your name and plan # to Marketing@protectcell.com and I'll take it from there. Thank you!”

"So when I purchased 2 new iPhone 6 back in September from a Verizon retailer, They asked would I like insurance I said yes. So I paid $200.00 up front for 2 years for each phone. Pass on 3 months and one of the phones gets water damage and is not working anymore this is on a Saturday. Then I say its ok, I paid money for a service that covers me incase this happens. I call PROTECTCELL my insurance provider they ask some questions and say we have a ADMINISTRATION FEE of $150.00 to process the phone again I agree. With that within seconds the lady on the phone is taking my credit card info and instantly I get the receipt. so now for that one phone $350.00 to get a new one. They said we will fedex it out you will have it by Wednesday, I said great thank you. Then on Tuesday PROTECTCELL call me and say sorry we do not have the phone in stock, We do not know when we are getting them in.

1.You are providing a service of "replacement phones" at a big cost then when I try to use the service they cannot deliver.
2.What type of national company does not track there inventory online, takes 3 days to check, Which I could of getting a replacement phone in between that time.
3. didn't know when they were getting the replacement phones and want me to wait with no phone until who knows when
4.I called apple and Verizon and they have plenty of phones in stock they said.
5.They wont refund the full balance of the $350.00, (Basically I cannot get insurance anywhere else as it is over 30 days since I have the phone)
6.Lady on the phone was not helpful at all

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-07-2015

“Hi patrickturnbull,

I do apologize for the delay in getting you a replacement device. I've forwarded your issue on to our Customer Support manager, who should be reaching out to you shortly to help remedy the situation. Thank you!”

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,898 merchant members.