Product & services pricing Rating 4.01/10 4.01/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.57/10 4.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.70/10 5.70/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.60/10 5.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.91/10 4.91/10

"Prompt and effective service. Very happy with my purchase of this service. "

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“We're very happy that you're very happy!”

"SCAM!! I paid 250 for insurance in advance and was told i would get a brand new phone if i needed it replaced. So now my phone is broken and i am trying to use the insurance the people at protect cell tell me i need to pay an additional 150 and they will send me a used phone. I was lied to when to when i paid for the insurance and feel scammed. So basically they want me to pay a total of 450 dollars for a used phone. This is not what i paid insurance for. I can buy the exact same phone on amazon for 65 dollars and through insurance it would be 450? This company hung up on me several times when i called them and was trying to explain my situation. There staff was rude and did not help me at all the guy on the phone told me i am better off buying a phone off craigslist. Why would i pay 150 for insurance and the insurance company tells me to buy a replacement phone off craigslist. The representative at the corporate office said his name was chris. i own a business and can not be without a phone since i am unable to talk to anyone at the company without them hanging up on me i need to buy a phone on my on."

“Hi Kevin,
It sounds like the admin fee--which is indeed an inherent part of every ProtectCELL plan--came as a bit of an unpleasant surprise. And for that, I apologize. We make every effort to provide the wireless store reps who sell our plans with the necessary resources to present our offerings in an appealing and ACCURATE light; these resources include training programs and educational materials that exist specifically to help consumers understand how our plans work. Though it doesn't happen often, occasionally customers (like yourself, it seems) are not given the whole picture and, resultantly, feel blindsided when it comes time to actually replace a device.

Understand that we absolutely do not condone misleading customers or misrepresenting our products in the name of making a sale.”

"DISGUSTING company. I am waiting for my third cellphone in a matter of a week. Protectcell has sent me two defected phones that do not work. Customer service could care less that the company is handing out defected phones. They won't even compensate me for any thing even though it's a two time mistake on their end. My professional life has been affected by their mix ups and not having an working device on me.
For anyone even thinking of doing business with this company just run the other way.
worst experience ever!

“Hi Villiesala,

That certainly doesn't sound like the standard of customer satisfaction we strive for. I'd like to look into your issue in more detail; would you mind sending an email with your name, plan #, and the phone # of the device you replaced to Marketing@protectcell.com? That will make it much easier to figure out where we dropped the ball.

Thank you!”

"Protect Cell charged me $300 on top of the $150 administrative feels to use my insurance. When I called to ask about this $300 charge they mentioned that is was related to the terms and conditions. What terms and conditions, I have never received anything about any terms or conditions or that any additional terms existed? These were never communicated to me. I don't think this can possibly be legal. I highly recommend that no one ever use protectcell."

“Hi Atmcalpine (that's quite a name),

I'm not sure what happened, but it definitely sounds like you're less than pleased with us. Help me understand--what is the $300 that we charged you? Was that the actual plan fee? Were you on a monthly plan or something like that?

Feel free to email me at Marketing@protectcell.com; I'd like to get to the bottom of what happened. Thank you!”

"I LOVE PROTECTCELL! They have replaced my device twice! Always very quick. The client services are always so nice and informative when I call. My 2nd device was actually just delivered today. I will make sure that I continue to use ProtectCELL as long as I have my iphone! "

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Thanks Susandanielle03! Always nice to hear we're appreciated.”

"After I had to purchase a replacement device based on a cracked screen of my original phone I was happy. The device worked great and was the original color I had ordered. After an incident with water that device needed replaced. I paid the $200 for the next replacement device as I still was under the contract of my carrier for another year. Upon waiting 6 days for "2-day" shipping the device came and was not the color I had ordered at all. I proceeded to call their customer support only to have a representative pretty much say, "Sorry, your S.O.L. because of the fine print in our terms and conditions." My fault I know but I figured that their customer service would be a little more understanding. The kicker is they sent me an e-mail after I ordered a replacement device asking me to write a review to be entered into a drawing for an ipad, saying "Naturally, the part we like most is hearing positive things from our customers." Ha! Well naturally after this experience it is highly unlikely I will be using a ProtectCell plan for my future cell phone."

“Hi Ejasnowski,

Sorry about the shipping delay; sometimes we're a bit optimistic in our estimates, other times we're at the mercy of issues with the shipping company. I'm sure you can relate.

As to your issue with the device color--although we make every effort to replace our customers' devices with the exact same phone, occasionally we have to settle for 'as close as possible', most often as it relates to device color. This certainly doesn't means we just arbitrarily decided to send you a replacement device that's a different color from your original one. What likely happened was that we were simply out of stock for your exact device, and in the interest of getting you another replacement device ASAP, we sent you one that was 'as close as possible'. We just didn't want you to go without a working phone for any longer than was absolutely necessary!”

"My replacement phone took way too long to arrive, 6 days. I understand it was over a holiday weekend but the claim was put in before the holiday and it still took that long. I have had claims with other companies in the past and even on a weekend the replacement phone was overnight shipping, in my hands in less than two days. Also, my phone was red and my replacement phone was black."

“Hi Jolly,

Apologies for the shipping delay. Much like you, we're occasionally at the mercy of the shipping companies, so when they experience issues and delay so do we.

As for your replacement device being a different color than your original, we make every effort to send customers the exact same device as the one that needs to be replaced, but sometimes when we don't have a particular model in stock, we have to settle for 'as close as possible'. The reason for this is simple--we don't want you to be without a phone one second longer than absolutely necessary.”

"This is one of the most deceiving plans I've ever seen. $200 up front for the "Premium plan" and then $125 to replace an iPhone with a shattered screen. The screen can be replaced for less and a new phone isn't that much different that the $325. Again a company taking advantage of people. "

“Hi Gamer_Steve,

I do apologize that you were less than satisfied with our plan, but we certainly don't set out to deceive anyone about how our coverage works. It sounds like the $125 admin fee came as a bit of a surprise, is that the case?”

"The customer service was great. They were super polite and were very timely. My phone only took two days to arrive.

My biggest complaint so far is that my battery does not last nearly as long as my old phone did.

“Hi Keanster,

Glad to hear the service was so fast! Are you still experiencing issues with the battery?”

"Kind of a pain, but ended good"

“Hi Benjammin,

Always good to hear that things ended well, but we certainly don't like to hear that pain was involved at any point. Care to elaborate?”

"Protectcell was easy to deal with and got us the new phone within a few days of it getting stolen. Thanks."

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Our pleasure! Glad to hear things went smoothly.”

"I was very impressed with the flexibility and customer care put forth by the ProtectCell staff. I am 100% satisfied with their speediness in delivery, and I will definitely continue to use ProtectCell's amazing warranty package."

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Thanks for the high praise Luke!”

"The deductible is high but the response from ProtectCELL was good and smooth. Overall very good experience."

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Glad to hear things went smoothly!”

"I received a defective replacement device and was not offered acknowledgement or compensation for the time I spent at the cell phone store setting up my new phone. This has not been an efficient replacement process. "

"Great time frame getting new phone."

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,843 merchant members.