Stores > Protectcell.com
  • Protectcell.com

Voice your opinion! Review Protectcell.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-07

Vultures

"They got my information, pretended to be part of my carrier's package, took my money for 2 years and provided nothing when my phone was stolen. Horrible horrid vultures"

2017-01-05

Worthless

"They say you'll get a replacement phone in two business days. No so. They told me mine would have to be backordered. Bottom line--I would have to wait at least 7 days. they also don't tell you that to get a replacement there is a $100 "processing fee." So, the insurance is not $200 but $300, almost half the price of a phone. It's quite a scam.

For $300, if you have an IPhone you can get a replacement from any Apple Store IMMEDIATELY. Also, if you instead had bought Apple Care it is far cheaper and, again, you get a phone right away.

2016-10-29

A week of lies and mediocre service and I still don't have my device.

"When my phone broke, the first thing I did was try to contact ProtectCell to replace my broken device. I needed to recover my account information, and between three different attempts to get my information reset, between a phone call and two attempts of trying the livechat service, (one of which basically just saying kthxbye before I even asked my question) I finally got someone to properly help me access my account and help me through the process of getting my phone replaced. I paid for it, paid extra to have it overnighted since I need my phone for my job, and with today being the second day since I paid to overnight, I call to find that it hasn't even been sent out, and was told that apparently the choice they made to inform me of this problem was to attempt calling the phone I mentioned to every person I dealt with was broken.

Now nearly a week after starting this fiasco I have been told I still have to wait 2 days to get my phone, with little more than a "We apologize" and the only rectified action being taking off the shipping charge.

2016-09-12

Quick Turnaround and an Upgrade!

"I called Protect cell after the glass on the camera of my S5 cracked and water killed it. They sent me a S6 within 2 days. The upgrade was kind of cool. Unfortunately, I'm very hard on my phone's and would have preferred another waterproof S5 not made out of glass. I will ask about possible resolutions but it looks like I'll need to buy a different case to protect my upgraded device."

2016-09-10

No longer a golden girl

"I appreciated the fast response to my stolen cell phone. Had a gone to Verizon to replace my phone it would have cost between 370-700.00. I'm glad I had insurance. However, I didn't appreciate receiving a silver/black 6s vs. the gold/white one I previously had. When you have to pay for insurance and then pay $210 for a replacement, you should be able to get what you had previously."

Rep reply posted Sep-14-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“Hi TexasCreole05, We tried, but we just can’t match them all. We can’t guarantee color match. We carry all of the popular colors but we’d rather send you a phone right away then make you wait without a phone for us to be able to get the right color in stock. We try and focus on the make and model – which some of our competitors don’t even match. Thanks for the feedback!”

2016-08-30

Fast turn around!

"In two separate occasions, my son needed to replace his broken phone and then I had to. Both times, our replacement phones came the very next day after contacting customer service. One time we contacted them via phone, the next time was via chat through their website. Both ways went smoothly, without a hitch. The new phones came with clear instructions on set up, and we were up and running in no time. I do think the deductible for the replacement phone is too high, but what are you gonna do!?"

2016-08-17

Not at all impressed

"First, it took 4 days to get my replacement phone vs overnight with the other insurance carrier that Verizon uses. Second, when the piece of junk arrived it had no audible sound. I tried every fix to no avail. SO---I'm expecting another replacement piece of junk that "should" be here in 2 days. NEVER again will I purchase protection from Protectcell. "

Rep reply posted Aug-22-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“We're sorry to hear about your frustration. We do everything we can to keep our defect rates low, they're actually lower than most original manufacturers, but mistakes do happen. It sounds like you have a replacement in hand now, but if we can answer any questions please reach out to marketing@protectcell.com.”

2016-07-30

Awesome Service

"Customer Service Rep was great. Very helpful, informative and to the point. I lost my phone and received my new one the next day. No hassle and no waiting...process was quick and painless. "

2016-07-16

Replacement cell, easy as he**

"My daughter destroyed her iPhone, accidently of course. I called Protectcell on a Sunday, she had a new exact iPhone on wednesday! So easy, so convenient!"

2016-07-12

New phone delivered in ONE day!

"I cracked the screen of my iphone 6s and within a day, Protectcell had a new one at my doorstep. I am very grateful for this service!"

2016-07-12

Total rip off... don't bother

"Every element of this company and its existence is based on a scam. If you add up what you pay in premiums and in "administrative fees" and shipping and etc... you will pay more for your used or refurbished replacement phone than if you buy one out right. This is not how insurance is suppose to work... if that was the case, the insurance on your $30,000 car would be astronomically unaffordable.

But this is why "extended insurance" schemes are being outlawed in some countries. Because they are a consumer scam.

In addition to all of this... this company also has rude and unhelpful customer service... really insult to injury.

PS. The reason I got suckered in... is because the guy at the Verizon store flat out lied about what we get with the policy. My bad... should have read the fine print... but hey, who really reads those 35 page documents???

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“Hi houman-2541, That's certainly not the kind of customer experience we like to hear about. I'd like to look into this in more detail but I'll need some more information to do so. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan #, the phone number of the registered device, and the name registered to the account. Thank you!”

2016-06-29

Everything went smooth except...

"Process of contacting Protectcell was slick; however, when we received the device replacement, it did not work. We took it to our Verizon store and it was confirmed that the replacement was defective. So while it was very inconvenient and disappointing, they shipped another device out immediately. "

2016-06-25

Grateful

"The process of replacing my phone was easy and fast. Customer service was very helpful and professional. "

2016-05-09

Great Value

"This service was as easy as it could be. From time phone was broken until the new phone was in my hands was three days. Very friendly and helpful. New phone is refurbished but working great. "

2016-05-01

Great results

"Got phone in a day great service they gladly helped me get my replacement quick "

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,379 merchant members.