• Protectcell.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.94/10 4.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10

2015-07-22

"Pleasant customer service rep. Delivered as quickly as possible. Excellent device replacement (blue instead of black, but my husband's still happy with it! ) What took us two days, three different locations, three false promises, and a big fat zero in the "I can help you" department from our phone provider... was cleared up in less than a 10 minute call to ProtectCell.
Nicely done."

2015-07-21

"Phone arrived when stated, in good condition. The color is different but "No Big Deal". Over-all I am satisfied with the experience."

2015-07-18

"Don't waste your money!!! I will never use protect cell again. I lost my phone and contacted protect cell for a replacement. What I didn't realize is that you don't get a new phone but a refurbished one and it costs $150. Also, the representative asked me what color my phone was and I told him white. The phone that came in the mail was black. I guess I thought it was safe to assume that I would be getting a white one since he asked me. The new phone didn't have a battery either so I had to make another call to get that sent and wait longer for a functioning phone. This company is a joke. Some CEO is laughing all the way to the bank at our expense!"

2015-07-13

"I had water damage on my phone I sent in for a replacement and that part was easy but protectcell said it would be delivered on wensday come to find out it was on backorder so it took an extra day to get to me then when I got it the phone I recived was locked into a demo mode, It wll not hold a charge and keeps shutting off I basically can just use it for emergancy calls. I called protectcell and they said they would send a new one out which was fine but I called friday morning to report the bad phone and they said it would not get delived till monday, But surprise surprise its backordered again and is not even avalible to be dilvered. It is now monday when my new divice is soposed to be here and I called thismorning and all I got was I should get a call this afternoon sometime with an estimate on when my new phone will be in. My phone is a droid mini a common phone it shouldnt be a problem to get, I know I hope to never deal with this company again I will be getting my insurance through a differnet company next time, but for now I'm stuck with them. I'm still dealing with this problem for over a week from the original date of call in and no word on when my new phone will be here, I am very dissapointed and feel cheated out of the money I had to pay for this plan with all the inconvinences I have had to deal with I would not recomed this company to anyone with the hassels I have had to deal with."

2015-07-12

" I have had to use the service twice, purchased the ProtectCELL COMPLETEā„¢ that was the best plan they offered, paid in full at the Verizon store ~$200.00.

The first time experience was fine, broken screen on my new S4, I would rate the overall experience * * * * 0.50 stars. I was surprised at the $150.00 charge for the first replacement and $200 any further replacements, ( - 1/2 * ). I chalked that up to me not reading the fine print. Wish I had been told this up front at the store and it would not have stung so bad when I used the service for the first time. You will have to pay the replacement fee up front. The replacement was a fine re-manufactured device that worked out of the box. Had to get all the updates, etc on the device, but so do new ones out of the box, not a big deal. The replacement was shipped in a timely manner and arrived via Fed-Ex, signature required. Their Website kept track of everything on the request, when the device was shipped, tracking info, etc. With all things considered I was pleased with the service and happy to have purchased the ProtectCELL COMPLETEā„¢ insurance plan. Even bragged to some of my friend about the experience and how I had made the correct dissension purchasing the plan.

Now my second time experience = ZERO *'s, hence my rating ( 4.5 + 0 / 2 = 2.25 ) * * 0.25
Some history: The S4 received some updates then afterwords the touch screen became not-so-responsive. After a week or so, I could not enter the password on the S4 and I was unable to get into the smart phone. After some "googling" for a fix, none of which worked, I took the S4 back to my Verizon store for assistance. They were also unable to correct the problem.

My options, purchase a new smart phone for full retail price ( 57 day till the 2 yr contract runs out) -- ouch! , or turn in a claim to ProtectCELL. I had almost forgotten about the insurance until the Verizon rep went through my account. Heck yea I exclaimed, had a great experience the first time around and was proud of my decision to purchase ProtectCELL. I had the Verizon rep call from their phone and paid the $200.00 and verified my mailing address, done! According to the ProtectCELL customer service rep on the phone that took my $$ I should expect the replacement S4 in a few days, tomorrow or the following day at the latest.

Here is where things start to turn for me: Went back home and logged into the ProtectCELL website to see the Request Device Activity and sure enough there was the second request. I could not get to the status of the claim though, ?????.... Therefore, I could not see the status or tracking information. Didn't think to much about that, but I was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the status. Next day, no S4. Second day passes, no S4. Third day passes, still no phone???? Logged back into the ProtectCELL website to see the Request Device Activity and sure enough there was the second request but still could not get a status. Can't call because my smart phone is broken, so I sent them a note via their " Contact Us" link on their front page. They sent me an email requesting I call or use the "Live Chat" option. Had to choose the "Live Chat" option. At 18:45 I was second in line, at 18:48 I was next in line on the chat.......... >120 minutes later, I was still next in line.... I sent multiple requests for service with no response via email. The next morning the chat window was still active and I was next in line, that's >12 hrs being next in line. When I get back home from work, I have an email from a "Contact Center Supervisor" requesting my "shipping address"; are you kidding me???? the address was verified 4 days ago when they took my $$ over the phone at the Verizon store, and has never changed. So now being the weekend, the Contact Center Supervisor responds back that the S4 will be shipped out Monday. If your keeping track, 7 days before the S4 will "supposedly" be shipped.

NO EXPECTATIONS NO DISAPPOINTMENTS.
At this point I feel abused by the plan and what I've gone through to still have no replacement or tracking information at the very least. They have, in my opinion, failed by using stall tactics to replace my S4. They were able to take my $$ without a problem, within minutes, before the phone hung up at the Verizon store.

WOW - I received not one but two requests for my address today.... isn't that special

So you still need my address again today, not once but twice today alone.REALLY!.

Honestly, really, trully........This is the same response I received last week.. You took my money over the phone and verified the address at that time. You have no problems taking the $$ but you have problems finding my address that has not changed at all not once in the almost 2 years i've had this plan.

M4444845
R7709313

Still no phone... WoW this speaks volumes for the customer service.

Just to be sure you have my address:

2015-07-11

"My son cracked the screen on his phone and couldnt get it to work after that but I had purchased protect cell so I called and they said they would get a phone out to me and that it would be there I two days...this was a thur and the phone ended up not showing up until wed the following week. I was not happy with it so I called and they said that they were sorry but for the incovienence that they would credit me back $25.00 that was 5 days ago and well still havent seen the refund ... :-( although the customer service people I spoke with were very nice... "

2015-06-30

"We purchased this for my daughters IPhone 5. A year into the place her phone was damaged. We had to pay $150 for the replacement. We are now ready to do the buyback and I have been told because we did the replacement we can not do the buyback. Not pleased at all this this plan. Tell me how this is a "GOOD DEAL"?"

2015-06-29

"Tried to file a claim over the phone on Saturday, June 20th. Couldn't get through, "excessive call volume" issue. Filed claim online, was told a customer service rep would call within an hour. Three days later, Tuesday, June 23, I called to find out why I hadn't been contacted. Granted, the customer service rep did knock off $20 because the ball was dropped on their end. However, the phone being replaced was a BRAND NEW Galaxy S5, black in color. What I received was a REFURBISHED white Galaxy S5, with a 203 area code phone number visible on the text message screen, non-updated to the correct version, etc. My wife has the exact same phone, brand new, and the differences in the basic screens is so obvious. For the cost I paid for the new phone and the cost of the Protectcell program, I feel I am being taken to the cleaners. I protected a NEW phone, only to get a substandard, used, wrong color phone as replacement. We won't be continuing this insurance when the term is over. The customer service rep could have mentioned that I wouldn't be getting an identical NEW phone, The Galaxy S5 isn't a retired phone, they are still being sold in stores. I should have had received exactly what I had to begin with. Not a very happy customer at all."

2015-06-24

"Service is great...no problems..."

2015-06-20

"I called on a Saturday and my phone arrived on Wednesday as promised. It was just what I expected. Now I just want to know if my new phone is covered for the rest of my term?"

2015-06-20

"Great service and fast shipping. "

2015-06-20

"Horrible experience all around with this company. I paid $199 upfront for a 2 year plan and $150 to use it and another $20 to overnight my phone. I filed a claim Thursday morning to replace my phone and from there it was nothing but problems with Protectcell. They did not put a shipping sticker on my package until Friday afternoon and FedEx said I would get my phone Monday at 4:30. In total I had to call them 4 times to find out what was going on, no call from them telling me things wouldn't be here overnight. After my first complaint they said I would get my phone Saturday but still no phone. I ended up losing income to my business because I did not have a phone and they would do nothing about it. They would rather go to small claims court than to make things right for a paying customer. Monday night when I finally received the phone it was a different color and the wake screen works half the time. I would avoid using them at all costs. "

2015-06-08

"Service was exactly as specified. Fast and easy."

2015-06-07

"Worst experience ever. I requested a replacement phone over a month ago. I still haven't received my replacement phone!! From telling me the replacement was on backorder to supposedly having the wrong address to ship to, the service is just horrible. I will be contacting my cell service provider and lobby them to remove protect cell from their offerings. The only bright side is the people I dealt with were nice and polite. "

2015-06-06

"entered my request on line, got a call the next day, from a very friendly customer service rep, and received my replacement phone 3 days later ... how much better can it get! I'd highly recommend"

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Protectcell.com is not a merchant member
Protectcell.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!