Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 4.90/10 144 reviews

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
    Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Protectcell.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.26/10 5.26/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.74/10 5.74/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.74/10 6.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.54/10 7.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I had a good experience with Protectcell. I called and filed a claim on a Monday morning and had my replacement phone by 2:00 the following afternoon. It was pretty simple and it was important for me to have a replacement phone right away as I use my cell phone as my business line."

"After I broke the screen on my phone I replaced it using my protect sell warranty. The phone was replaced eventually as promised, but getting my replacement took far longer than it should have. This is partially my fault because when I filed my request online I entered the wrong phone number. I continued checking my status on their website for the next few weeks, and it kept showing up as pending. Eventually I made a call about it, and the situation was immediately resolved. My one complaint is that I was told my claim had been canceled after nobody answered the phone when they called. It would have been nice if at the very least my claim status on their website changed from pending to cancled. Even better would have been an email about it."

"When I lost my phone, I got home and made a claim online, within 5 min I had a call to resolve my claim. The representative was very polite. It was quick and easy. So why not 5 stars, I place my claim about 8pm on Friday and did not receive my phone until Wednesday, That is way to long. Second I receive the wrong color phone not a biggy but still annoying in a way. "

"The process to replace my sons broken phone was so easy.
One quick phone call on a Monday afternoon with our plan number, phone number and type of phone, and my son (who is in college 6 hours away) received his new phone on Thursday morning! The rep who helped me was very friendly and I could UNDERSTAND her! Also appreciated the return shipping package and label to send back the broken phone. I expected it to be a hassle and was very pleasantly surprised! Thanks!

"Unfortunately I am not a happy customer, it has now been a full week without my replacement phone. Once shame on me and twice shame on you. yes I broke my phone I dropped it, and I thought to myself good thing I purchased ahead of time the $69.00 for a year phone insurance plane, well this was the first thing wrong, the 69.00 plan is not a good plan to have as per a protect cell employee because of all the hoops I have to jump through, this was not explained to me when I signed up for the first time at Verizon, nobody said it was going to be this much hassle. After I faxed over the proof of perches for protect cell (which was also ha pain because I guess the Verizon store was suppose to send it automatically to protect cell after my signing up, and then I had to try to do all this plus work at my job and deal with the different time eastern; western; etc) they said that they would send out the replacement as soon as I sent back the broken one and after I paid the $125.00 ( which I was not told it was going to be $125.00 to replace if I had know I would have incased my phone I a rubber ball) (this irritated me , yes I know that phones are expensive I am single mom with a teenage daughter with a small budget, like most people so I guess what I am saying here is that it would have been nice to know that even though I paid the $69.00 up front for a year of protection that if I broke it would be $125.00 the first time turning it in. I do know now thanks to the protect cell employee that if it happens again it will be $150.00 but it won’t exceed that.) I can say that it was a nice thing that at least my job dose have an email for me and a computer and a fax and printer so that on my work time I was able to print out a Fed X shipping label to send out the broken phone, which I believe the broken phone got to you ASAP. So then now at this point the protect cell employee said that I should have my phone by Thursday the 3rd , well Thursday came and went so I called early Friday and the protect cell employee said that” it was sent out to such and such address and that it was received “ well sorry but it was THE WRONG ADRESS!!!!! I told the employee to give me the address because it was only a street over and I would ask the house to give me my phone, of course the employee said they could not do that. I was very very upset the employee said they were sorry and that they would waive the $30.00 fee for shipping it out to me on a Saturday and that instead of a whatever gig I had that the new replacement phone would be the next one up. Okay fine what can I do protect cell was doing their best to get my phone to me and trying to make up for the wrong address thing and I do feel bad for who ever made that mistake and I hope whoever did receive the phone has enough decency to send the phone back to your company! Well now Saterday has now passed and there is still now phone I now have to go borrow a phone because I don’t have one and my daughter is gone with her phone and like most people I don’t have home phone so I now call protect cell again ( I should have the number memorized) and the employee says that yes the address is correct and yes it said to be sent Saturday BUT the box is not checked so I am sorry but you won’t now get your phone until Monday 4:30 or earlier. I am sorry upset at this time, I have been very disappointed. "

"I have not even used the service yet and they are terrible. There is nowhere on the website where they describe what is covered or go over the plan. So I call the number and after 4 tries where I select sales, about 5 seconds of music comes on and then they hang up I decided they are experiencing tech difficulties. I call back the next day, same thing. Both times this is afternoon EST, so they have no excuse to not be there. They just seem small and unprofessional. Why not lay out the details of the plan on the website unless it is super sketcky."

"The product received was completely fine however it took 5 days from the time of my claim to receive the device. That was unacceptable."

"A previous insurance I had you could make the claim online and also pay online. Furthermore the price to replace was less and they always shipped next day not 2-3 days. 2-3 days is way too much time. Way too expensive compared to Asurion, which provides much better service. With Asurion I always had a new phone in hand the next day no matter what. In all protectcell has a lot of work to do to make it better. I realize that they also are in business to make money so it has to be in their favor but for the price shipping next day and the ability to pay online is not to much to ask. Also including some instructions in the box would be helpful. I had no idea how to submit a claim until I did a substantial amount of research. Verizon is very misleading when they are selling you this insurance."

"Very unsatisfied with this insurance company. Wish I would have known that I could have gone with insurance company I had with my other carrier for a monthly fee instead of paying upfront for this company. The replacement phone I received had no sound, screen was jumpy and phone turned off by itself. Had to request a second replacement and that one also is not working 100%."

"A previous insurance I had you could make the claim online and also pay online. Furthermore the price to replace was less and they always shipped next day not 2-3 days. This day and age most of us use our phones for work. I guess the only good is there are no limits to the qty of claims however with the replacement price after the first time it is rather expensive. In all protectcell has some work to do to make it better. I realize that they also are in business to make money so it has to be in their favor but for the price shipping next day and the ability to pay online is not to much to ask. Also including some instructions in the box would be helpful. It is a good thing I am a techie that does not require many instructions."

"I was unaware of the administrative fee for ordering a new phone. Maybe it's my fault for not reading the policy well enough, but after the cost of the policy and the administrative fee for replacing my phone I pretty much should have just bought a brand new phone. Not a good value and my new phone shipped on a Friday so I didn't get it until Tuesday. Also, my carrier didn't seem to understand how to activate my phone. Will be looking to purchase a policy through another provider next time."

"I called on Monday for a new phone after mine was damaged after falling into the dogs water bowl. They we pleasant enough on the phone after fixing a couple mixups & telling me my phone was not covered. I had to call my Verizon store to have them see what the issue was, that was fixed & i called back. I was told they would send the phone out 2nd day, it arrived Wednesday. When we call Verizon to set the new phone up they could not get it into the system as it was coming up lost/stolen, i called them back again. They apologized for the problem & told me they'd send me another phone overnight on Wednesday. Since i was heading out of state for the weekend i was all set to get the new one on Thursday like they told me so i'd have the new phone ready to go on Friday morning. Well the second phone arrived 10 minutes before i left on Friday morning so it sat on my desk until this afternoon when we finally got it set up. Now i have two phones to return to them. Not the service i would expect from the insurance on my phone. There was no offer to discount my price or any apology for all my inconvenience."

"Was the easiest protection plan I have ever utilized. The service reps were outstanding, very pleasant and efficient. Very happy with the entire process."

"Easiest protection plan to utilize. The customer service representatives go out of their way to make the process easy and painless. Impressed with the quick turnaround (usually get a replacement within 2-3 business days). All around - it is a great service."

"Very easy transaction, everything as stated. Quick service!"