Stores > Protectcell.com

Customer service: Rating 6.70/10 6.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.19/10 5.19/10

2016-05-01

Great results

"Got phone in a day great service they gladly helped me get my replacement quick "

This review was modified by Playa99614 on May 01 2016 01:53:10 PM

2016-04-12

Ripped off

"Bought the protect cell insurance was told if I didnt use it I would get my 199.00 back,now they say I waited to long to request my money back. I feel they are a ripoff and would strongly discourage people from using protect cell. They will protect your money forever"

2016-04-05

Broken phone worked better than replacement

"Shattered my phone screen, but it still worked. When I ordered a new phone it was over the weekend so it obviously couldn't ship right away, but it only took a couple days after that. However, the device they sent me would randomly crash after a minute of being turned on and then would not turn on at all, and this was after I restored my data to it, so I had my passcode on the phone and can't take it off. They did send me another replacement with free one day shipping, it was just inconvenient to have to use a phone that was shedding glass shards for another couple days. Both the shattered phone and the defective replacement are currently in the mail, with a note explaining the passcode situation, so we'll see if they try to charge me extra for having a passcode (they better not)! A while back they also had an update that said you could install a profile to capture images with the front camera if someone steals your phone, but when I went to the website I looked for a good two hours through the website features and did not see the image capture anywhere (and I was specifically looking for it). Just seems weird, unless it didn't work and they deleted the feature."

This review was modified by Captain_Kirk12 on April 05 2016 08:43:28 AM

2016-03-30

Not Good for my experience

"On 10/7/15 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 at Verizon, and I wanted the 128GB but they did not have it. They gave me in the meantime a 16GB and enroll me in ProtectCell. On 10/16/15 they received my 128 and I went to get it and return the 16gb. They enroll me again in ProtectCell, without transfering the contract for the new phone or cancelling the previous contract. After seeing in my credit card 2 charges/month for ProtectCell, I call them and explain the situation but they said it was Verizon problem, and they DO NOT return money or apply for future months.
I paid 6 months until they finally cancel one of the contracts.
I went to the Verizon store on Santa Monica Blvd-West Los Angeles to explain the situation, and after waiting 90 minutes, the manager there said the employee who did the transaction does not work there anymore, and they are not responsible for what he did.
I ended paying $66 for something I don't have.
BE AWARE OF VERIZON AND PROTECT CELL. VERY TRICKY COMPANIES.

2016-03-22

Awesome service but could be better

"I had no problems with my insurance. At he end of 2 years I took advantage of the buyback feature and got & for my old droid. Now... On my brother's plan we had to pay $125 for the first phone and $150 for the second one. Unfortunately he was not eligible for an upgrade so that was our best option at the time. I understand insurance policies always have a "deductible" part but why does it have to be so high?? Other than that, the timely delivery and package to send back your damaged phone is awesome. And the representatives I spoke with were well trained and courteous. "

2016-03-21

Speedy service

"Upon requesting a claim, I was provided with a tracking number for the package with my new phone within minutes. Even though I live in a rural location, my phone arrived just two days later!
Everything worked very well, I was only slightly put off by the lack of iPhone accessories that accompanied my new phone. With other insurance providers, I have received a new charger cord and headphones with the replacement phone. I would have liked to have received a similar service with this one. However, I was extremely pleased with the speed and promptness of the service. The replacement phone is working great, and I am happy.

This review was modified by alaska_girl on March 21 2016 04:08:58 PM

2016-03-07

Protectcell Excellent Service

"Excellent service on response to cell phone users who are without a phone. Got my replacement in 2 days. "

This review was modified by LucySNelson on March 07 2016 04:33:54 PM

2016-02-24

Got the job done, but it isn't insurance if it costs $200 for a replacement

"The customer service was stellar and they took care of me, but this is such a crock. I shouldn't pay $120 a year to "cover" my phone from damages (I was in the rain and my phone got drenched) just to pay $200 for another phone, since 2 years ago I had to get a replacement phone of a completely different model. That's just stupid. So, if God forbid my phone gets messed up again, I'll have to pay 300? I could just buy the new upgrade at that point. It's just stupid. Insurance shouldn't be like this, but I think this is how insurance is for all phones. It's such a rip off and not even worth it, in my opinion.

But, CRM took care of me and I am thankful for their kindness. Losing a phone is incredibly stressful and infuriating, and they were helpful.

Also super annoyed I had to get a silver iphone 6 instead of the gold one I used to have. I know that's such a first world problem, but I bought the gold for a reason. 'Cause, well, gold is way better. I know that you aren't gauranteed the phone you used to have, but there lies THE OTHER problem I have: why the **** would I pay $120 to get a $200 phone that is a color I don't want/or like? Seriously wish I just used my upgrade at this point.

But, since I was pissed off at my situation (once again, not Cell Protect's fault at all), Janet sent my phone as fast as possible and it came within 2 business days. It was annoying I had to have someone sign for it (I understand but like...I work. We all work. That's why we can afford iPhones/Insurance) so it delayed it a day, but that's ok. Just a formality.

At the end of the day I got a new, working phone in a timely manner, and it was easy to re-install. I can't complain that much. Thanks, guys.

This review was modified by suzlass on February 24 2016 10:39:07 AM

2016-02-21

Fast shipping great phone.

"I dropped my phone and the screen broke and then went black. Protect cell sent me a new one right away and it works great. Thanks for getting me a working phone back!"

This review was modified by pdkloeck on February 21 2016 01:41:36 PM

2016-02-21

Waste of money

"My iphone5 was damaged With fees and deductible it cost $325 to replace it and the apple tech said its a defective refurbished phone. Save your money or buy another insurance. "

This review was modified by Bett09 on February 21 2016 06:15:50 AM

2016-02-17

Had high hopes for this company.

"Got my phone back in October, I was loving my
iPhone 6s PLUS 128gb. Until I lost it,
But I remembered my Verizon rep had added insurance for me and told me this company is no hassle and will ship you a phone if anything happens to mine. So I made it claim, they sent me the WRONG phone. It was 64gb. I had told them and they said no problem send it back to us. I sent it back all bubble wrapped and in a box and I used a loaner phone. 3 weeks go by I haven't heard anything from them about my phone. I started to call customer service. They gave me the run around saying something went wrong with my claim. I thought it was weird because I had abided by their rules and I had the rep at the Verizon store help me pack the phone so there would be no damages. It took another 2 weeks to have them ship me back the phone I had sent out because there was a scratch on the back of the phone (from the warehouse worker opening the package) I would need to pay $200 again to claim the "right" phone. When protectcell was the one to send me the wrong phone. I asked for a supervisor and was promised at least 10 times by different people that their supervisor would reach out to me. I had email their customer support, waited for an hour each time I called to see the status of my phone claim. To this day I haven't heard anything from them at all until I decided to make a claim and they called me to collect my money even though they screwed up In the first place. So if you're into a company that doesn't care about consumers and only want what's in your wallet, this is the company for you. Next time I'll just stick to Asurion (that is truly no hassle.)

This review was modified by ModestyChou2322 on February 17 2016 11:16:15 AM

2016-02-05

Gift card scam of old

"I purchased a 2 year plan for my I phone at the recommendation of my Verizon store because I get all my money back at the end of 2 years if I do not make a claim. I call them back 3 months after the end of the policy because I had not received my check. They said you only have 30 days from the end or you lose it. Seriously! The very, very, very fine print said so. Then they hung up on me. Then they called me back on my cell phone and when answered they hung up again. This is just like the old Gift Card Scam with expiration dates that were short. "

This review was modified by jchorgan on February 05 2016 04:51:52 PM

2016-02-03

You Can Tell with Protect Cell !

"Awesome to have Protect Cell for your cell phone. Protect Cell sent me an immediate replacement for a damaged phone within 3 days. Good customer service. My phone was up in running within a half hour Thank you so much!!! Get Protect Cell! "

This review was modified by Bodhisattva9 on February 03 2016 12:29:27 PM

2016-01-27

Disaster on phones being a Welder

"Being a welder I am tough on my electronics, Cell Phone included. I have broken it twice now and each time the people at customer service are more than happy to assist me. I receive my new phone right away and it even comes with a prepaid envelope to send the broken one back. I highly recommend them!!"

This review was modified by Vinnynor on January 27 2016 10:31:17 AM

2016-01-26

Replacement Phone Would not Charge

"I received my replacement Samsung S 5 and the battery wouldn't charge. I received it on a Friday and called customer service and they couldn't send me ANOTHER replacement until Monday, which would arrive on Tuesday, because their warehouse isn't open on the weekends. So I had no phone for 1 whole week. Very unacceptable. You would think they would test the battery charger in the phone before they send it out as a replacement. "

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,612 merchant members.