Product & services pricing Rating 4.35/10 4.35/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.82/10 4.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.20/10 6.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.16/10 5.16/10

"They send out broke merchandise and trying to get ahold of them to get a working phone is near impossible. I would only recommend them if you want to pay for a broken phone and not have available customer service."

"Terrible service, impossible to talk to anyone without being on hold for 30 minutes. Sent me a replacement iphone with no sim card and an "administrative" fee of $150 plus the 199 plan cost. In my opinion, not worth the headache or money."

"When my cell phone was damaged by water, I called ProtectCell to request a replacement phone. It was my first experience using this service. I was disappointed to find out that I had to pay $125 fee for the replacement phone, after already paying something like $120 last year for the ProtectCell plan. This was especially so, since the phone I damaged was only $49.99 with the 2 year contract I signed with Verizon.
The customer service rep was courteous on the phone when I stated both the premium and the fee was high, and offered to waive the $30 expedited 2 day shipping charge (standard shipping would have taken 5 days to get to me). For whatever reason, the replacement phone still took 5 days to get to me. I turned it on last night and there is something wrong with the phone. It locks up and powers down every few minutes. So it looks like I will have to call back and again request a new one.

"You guys sent me the wrong phone after I clearly told you which phone I have. What a disappointment!!"

"I insured or rather "protected" (ProtectCELL is not an actual insurance company) the iPhone 5s. This device has been on the market for over eight months(at the time), meaning not new or hard to find. The company gladly took my money for services they willingly admit could not fulfill. Asurion is the lesser of two evils, ProtectCELL is not a licensed insurance company, merely a small company trying to monopolize on peoples misery. The representatives are accusatory and unapologetic. After two weeks without a device I had to succumb to a lesser model with a meager $50 refund. Please if you have any issues file a complaint with The Better Business Bureau, check yelp and make the company liable and hold them accountable. You will be ignored, brushed off and given vague answers, prepare yourself for an uphill battle."

"We recently had to place a claim for a new phone and the process was simple. Everything went great!"

"I purchased a 2-year comprehensive damage/lost/stolen policy up-front when I signed up for 2yr agreement with Verizon in July of 2012. My phone was stolen June 15th 2014. I sent a request to Protect Cell on June 23. I received my new phone, (a used identical phone but in excellent condition), on June 26th. I did have to pay a $99 deductible which was made clear to me when I purchased the policy. Also, if you look at SPRINTs TEC and Verizons equipment damaged/lost/stolen plans they require a $99 deductible as well.

My only issue with the device is that it was use and that the internal phone storage and SIM card they sent with it had data, images, etc. from the previous user on it. This means it could also have a virus on it from the previous user.

My suggestion to ProtectCell is that they clear all internal phone storage and SIM cards sent with replacement phones and have them checked thoroughly for viruses. Its not that difficult to do, its the responsible thing to do, it is more professional, and would only help sell your service.

My only issue with customer service was when having to contact them by phone I had to wait on hold for about 10 min.

"Very fast service! I put in my claim on a Monday night and by Thursday at noon I had my replacement phone! The email with my tracking number unfortunately came after my phone already arrived but I called customer service and got my tracking information from them! I am thankful I have this insurance, otherwise I would still have a broken phone! "

"DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE - if you can call it that. I was duped into buying PC from the Verizon agent (who probably got a kick back) when I bought my son's phone. It was $199. Now, my son has a cracked front screen, and I when I inquired, I was told it was $150 to replace the device. I was never told about this very expensive deductible by the Verizon agent, and an introductory email last July from PC never outright stated it, either. PC doesn't repair anything, just replace, but their website doesn't say anything about it. Everything is just replaced, evidently with a refurbished phone, according to many of the other reviews. So, what a concept - you send in your phone that perhaps just needs a screen, but you get a crappy phone in return. What a bargain!! The deliberate lack of information to the consumer that there is the $150 charge for everything is misleading at best; it is outright deception in my book. Stay away from PC. Or, at least know it will cost you at least $350 for this "insurance", not the $199 as they like you to think."

"The breakdown that follows is a result of two Nokia 928 phones replaced within 8 months of each other:

PROS;
-inexpensive up-front payments
-no recurring or hidden costs
-super fast processing with customer service
-replacement phones arrive in two days
-no defects or blemishes on replacement phones
-very simple return of damaged devices
-overall hassle free

CONS;
-large deductibles

I have been very pleased with the plan so far, and am still amazed at the quick and hassle free process of getting my replacement phones. Even though the deductibles are pretty expensive, I recommend this service to anyone who has had issues with other insurance plans.

Seriously though, I talked to customer service -no hold- for about two minutes max before they sent me a new phone!

"Over the last 10 years I have found myself in need of using my cellular replacement plan at least 5 times and I have never been so happy with a replacement plan for a cellular phone then with my Protechcell.com policy. My most recent purchase of the Nokia Lumnia 928 with Cellular and More in January was the first time where I went with a policy independent my of cellular provider. Last week, I had the misfortune of falling and shattering the screen on my phone. I literally had my replacement phone less than 24 hours after filing my claim with protechcell. Further, the $125 fee for the phone is _very_reasonable_ when looking at the alternative. With Verizon it is $10 / month with a $139 replacement fee plus you must return the broken phone or face a steep penalty and one can only file a replacement request once every 12 months. With Protectcell, they only request that you return your broken device to them with the provided mailer. Further, I can request another replacement if I break my phone anytime within the coverage period. I am actually advising people to buy their phone at cellular and more now in order to get the Protechcell replacement plan over the garbage offered by verizon."

"The back of my phone fell off when I removed the OTTERBOX for cleaning. I took the phone to the Verizon store. The salesman called protectacell. I had to pat $125 to make a claim. Seemed a bit much.
The phone came in 2 days. It appeared to be a refurbished phone. I don't think I will purchase insurance through this company again.

"My phone call with protect cell was extremely dissatisfying. First off, I waited over an hour to even talk to a real person. The consultant was extremely rude and practically helpless when I asked question. I will NEVER buy insurance from them again and I highly regard you to do the same. This is the third phone I have had to have replaced by their lackluster performance."

"I am very dissatisfied with my experience with Protectcell. I was assured when I originally purchased the plan that If anything ever happened to my phone and I was forced to submit a claim, I would receive a new phone. This is not the case. I submitted a claim and received a phone where the body of the phone did not meet the screen. There was a gap in the seam. I called talked to a lady name Annie who was very nice and understanding. I thought my situation would be handled to my satisfaction. I received a 2nd phone two days later to have this one also have a bent body of the phone. I called again and was basically accused of damaging the phone myself. Which is insulting to say the least. I now have to wait for the phone to be returned for them to determine whether I am telling the truth or not. I have had cell phones for over 20 years and have never had to submit a claim. I have never lost or damaged a phone. For protectcell to question whether I am filing a legitimate claim is unbelievable to me. Before I had to file my initial claim I talked highly of the insurance program they offer. I will not continue to do the same. I do not recommend purchasing through this company. At least if you go through your carrier you are given truthful information about the type of phone you will receive.

"I am so happy that we signed up for Protect Cell when we got out iPhones. We purchased a phone for our daughter and she was so careful with it but of course accidents do happen! She was running near a baby pool and it was dropped in. It even had a "waterproof" case but it didn't work and her phone stopped working immediately. I was upset but she was devastated. We went to our local Verizon store and were so thankful that we had to plan. She received her new phone in the mail in 2 business days. Thank you for being such a great company!!!"

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,878 merchant members.