• Protectcell.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.96/10 3.96/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.95/10 4.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"We purchased this for my daughters IPhone 5. A year into the place her phone was damaged. We had to pay $150 for the replacement. We are now ready to do the buyback and I have been told because we did the replacement we can not do the buyback. Not pleased at all this this plan. Tell me how this is a "GOOD DEAL"?"

Rep reply posted Jul-01-2015

“Hi trimp,

Apologies if this came as a surprise, but it is true that the Buyback feature is only available for customers who haven't needed to replace a device. The overall plan value comes from the fact that it has something to offer both if you need a replacement device AND if you don't--if something happens to your original and you need to replace it, you get a replacement; if you don't need a replacement, you're eligible for Buyback. Basically you have the opportunity to get something from your plan even if you don't end up needing a replacement device. Hope that clears things up!”

"Tried to file a claim over the phone on Saturday, June 20th. Couldn't get through, "excessive call volume" issue. Filed claim online, was told a customer service rep would call within an hour. Three days later, Tuesday, June 23, I called to find out why I hadn't been contacted. Granted, the customer service rep did knock off $20 because the ball was dropped on their end. However, the phone being replaced was a BRAND NEW Galaxy S5, black in color. What I received was a REFURBISHED white Galaxy S5, with a 203 area code phone number visible on the text message screen, non-updated to the correct version, etc. My wife has the exact same phone, brand new, and the differences in the basic screens is so obvious. For the cost I paid for the new phone and the cost of the Protectcell program, I feel I am being taken to the cleaners. I protected a NEW phone, only to get a substandard, used, wrong color phone as replacement. We won't be continuing this insurance when the term is over. The customer service rep could have mentioned that I wouldn't be getting an identical NEW phone, The Galaxy S5 isn't a retired phone, they are still being sold in stores. I should have had received exactly what I had to begin with. Not a very happy customer at all."

Rep reply posted Jul-01-2015

“Hi stein_nk,

It certainly sounds like things didn't go according to plan with your replacement experience. Regarding the device color, we do make every effort to replace customers' devices with the exact same model as the original, but occasionally we won't have a particular model in stock (like a black S5). In these situations, we will send out a device that matches the original in all the ways that are really important--features, functionality, memory space, etc. in order to minimize the time customers have to go without a working device. Now, regarding the performance of your replacement device and the fact that there was someone else's information still on it when you received it, that is an issue that needs to be addressed. I've forwarded your information on to our Customer Support manager, who should be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you!”

"Service is great...no problems..."

"I called on a Saturday and my phone arrived on Wednesday as promised. It was just what I expected. Now I just want to know if my new phone is covered for the rest of my term?"

"Great service and fast shipping. "

"Horrible experience all around with this company. I paid $199 upfront for a 2 year plan and $150 to use it and another $20 to overnight my phone. I filed a claim Thursday morning to replace my phone and from there it was nothing but problems with Protectcell. They did not put a shipping sticker on my package until Friday afternoon and FedEx said I would get my phone Monday at 4:30. In total I had to call them 4 times to find out what was going on, no call from them telling me things wouldn't be here overnight. After my first complaint they said I would get my phone Saturday but still no phone. I ended up losing income to my business because I did not have a phone and they would do nothing about it. They would rather go to small claims court than to make things right for a paying customer. Monday night when I finally received the phone it was a different color and the wake screen works half the time. I would avoid using them at all costs. "

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2015

“UPDATE: Hi again kammel69,

It sounds like your device was backordered, and that was the cause for the initial shipping delay. Sorry about that! Because of the delay the additional overnight fee was supposed to be refunded back to you, did that not happen?

Hi kammel69,

That's certainly not the kind of customer experience we like to hear about. I've forwarded the information you provided about your ordeal to our Customer Support manager, who should be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you!”

"Service was exactly as specified. Fast and easy."

"Worst experience ever. I requested a replacement phone over a month ago. I still haven't received my replacement phone!! From telling me the replacement was on backorder to supposedly having the wrong address to ship to, the service is just horrible. I will be contacting my cell service provider and lobby them to remove protect cell from their offerings. The only bright side is the people I dealt with were nice and polite. "

Rep reply posted Jun-08-2015

“Hi peters-809,

Your experience certainly sounds like a good reason to be frustrated, but the fact that you still took the time to mention that our customer support reps were nice and polite is something we greatly appreciate. I'd like to look into what happened with your case in more detail, but I'll need a bit more information to do so. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name and plan number, and I'll see what I can dig up. Thank you!”

"entered my request on line, got a call the next day, from a very friendly customer service rep, and received my replacement phone 3 days later ... how much better can it get! I'd highly recommend"

"Terrible company!! I received a phone from this Company after mine had stopped charging. First, they cannot promise the same color phone that you insured. Also, phones are not brand new. They are 'like new' phones aka used or phones built from numerous different phones/parts. This is ludicrous. Why would I insure a 'like new' phone. The phone i received also does not have a IMEI number engraved on the back. All iPhones past a 5 have this number on the back, mine does not and Protectcell is refusing to send me a new phone. Also, they charge a 325 'membership fee' and a 125$ fee just to send you the phone. THIS COMPANY SUCKS! DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE! THEY DO NOT INSURE BRAND NEW PHONES AND HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!"

"Good company and fast response. I wish they will send a replacement device with the box and accessories. Thanks .
Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks ThankThanks thanks s thanks

"Protectcell is my dream insurance. I had my phone stolen right between the ship I was getting off and the terminal. I called immediately, and they were able to get my claim started and done within 5 minutes. I was VERY impressed with the customer service I received. And besides that factor, it's sooo
Much more than JUST insurance. (Buyback, lifelock...etc..) I will never go through anyone else to protect my devices.

"ProtectCELL has come in handy for me more than once, then again I'm the type of person who needs phone insurance. I've always received prompt service and I appreciate the follow up emails with a tracking number.

The price of $150 to replace an iPhone 4s seems a little high considering I am not getting a brand new replacement. Overall it has been worth it.

"First time ever insuring my phone but gotta tell when I lost my phone oversea I had to claim a lost phone thinking it was going to be a hassle but the process was very very simple and took very little time for the whole process very pleasant and easy. Now I know that I don't have to worry about my iPhone since I got a replacement. Definitely I would recommend that if you are a person who need there phone you have to have them insured by protect-cell"

"Customer service was easy, fast and no problems interacting with them. Delivery was 2 days and no problems with product or delivery."

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,850 merchant members.