Stores > Protectcell.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.59/10 6.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.27/10 7.27/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.73/10 7.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

Quick Turnaround and an Upgrade!

"I called Protect cell after the glass on the camera of my S5 cracked and water killed it. They sent me a S6 within 2 days. The upgrade was kind of cool. Unfortunately, I'm very hard on my phone's and would have preferred another waterproof S5 not made out of glass. I will ask about possible resolutions but it looks like I'll need to buy a different case to protect my upgraded device."

No longer a golden girl

"I appreciated the fast response to my stolen cell phone. Had a gone to Verizon to replace my phone it would have cost between 370-700.00. I'm glad I had insurance. However, I didn't appreciate receiving a silver/black 6s vs. the gold/white one I previously had. When you have to pay for insurance and then pay $210 for a replacement, you should be able to get what you had previously."

This review was modified by TexasCreole05 on September 10 2016 06:56:45 PM
Rep reply posted Sep-14-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“Hi TexasCreole05, We tried, but we just can’t match them all. We can’t guarantee color match. We carry all of the popular colors but we’d rather send you a phone right away then make you wait without a phone for us to be able to get the right color in stock. We try and focus on the make and model – which some of our competitors don’t even match. Thanks for the feedback!”

Fast turn around!

"In two separate occasions, my son needed to replace his broken phone and then I had to. Both times, our replacement phones came the very next day after contacting customer service. One time we contacted them via phone, the next time was via chat through their website. Both ways went smoothly, without a hitch. The new phones came with clear instructions on set up, and we were up and running in no time. I do think the deductible for the replacement phone is too high, but what are you gonna do!?"

Not at all impressed

"First, it took 4 days to get my replacement phone vs overnight with the other insurance carrier that Verizon uses. Second, when the piece of junk arrived it had no audible sound. I tried every fix to no avail. SO---I'm expecting another replacement piece of junk that "should" be here in 2 days. NEVER again will I purchase protection from Protectcell. "

Rep reply posted Aug-22-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“We're sorry to hear about your frustration. We do everything we can to keep our defect rates low, they're actually lower than most original manufacturers, but mistakes do happen. It sounds like you have a replacement in hand now, but if we can answer any questions please reach out to marketing@protectcell.com.”

Awesome Service

"Customer Service Rep was great. Very helpful, informative and to the point. I lost my phone and received my new one the next day. No hassle and no waiting...process was quick and painless. "

This review was modified by Epichardo52 on July 30 2016 04:20:22 PM

Replacement cell, easy as he**

"My daughter destroyed her iPhone, accidently of course. I called Protectcell on a Sunday, she had a new exact iPhone on wednesday! So easy, so convenient!"

This review was modified by richdbenoit on July 16 2016 02:58:25 PM

New phone delivered in ONE day!

"I cracked the screen of my iphone 6s and within a day, Protectcell had a new one at my doorstep. I am very grateful for this service!"

This review was modified by skipholmes on July 12 2016 11:39:24 AM

Total rip off... don't bother

"Every element of this company and its existence is based on a scam. If you add up what you pay in premiums and in "administrative fees" and shipping and etc... you will pay more for your used or refurbished replacement phone than if you buy one out right. This is not how insurance is suppose to work... if that was the case, the insurance on your $30,000 car would be astronomically unaffordable.

But this is why "extended insurance" schemes are being outlawed in some countries. Because they are a consumer scam.

In addition to all of this... this company also has rude and unhelpful customer service... really insult to injury.

PS. The reason I got suckered in... is because the guy at the Verizon store flat out lied about what we get with the policy. My bad... should have read the fine print... but hey, who really reads those 35 page documents???

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“Hi houman-2541, That's certainly not the kind of customer experience we like to hear about. I'd like to look into this in more detail but I'll need some more information to do so. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan #, the phone number of the registered device, and the name registered to the account. Thank you!”

Everything went smooth except...

"Process of contacting Protectcell was slick; however, when we received the device replacement, it did not work. We took it to our Verizon store and it was confirmed that the replacement was defective. So while it was very inconvenient and disappointing, they shipped another device out immediately. "

This review was modified by tdkscott on June 29 2016 07:03:47 PM

"The process of replacing my phone was easy and fast. Customer service was very helpful and professional. "

Great Value

"This service was as easy as it could be. From time phone was broken until the new phone was in my hands was three days. Very friendly and helpful. New phone is refurbished but working great. "

This review was modified by Kwooley4 on May 09 2016 06:03:45 AM

Great results

"Got phone in a day great service they gladly helped me get my replacement quick "

This review was modified by Playa99614 on May 01 2016 01:53:10 PM

Ripped off

"Bought the protect cell insurance was told if I didnt use it I would get my 199.00 back,now they say I waited to long to request my money back. I feel they are a ripoff and would strongly discourage people from using protect cell. They will protect your money forever"

Broken phone worked better than replacement

"Shattered my phone screen, but it still worked. When I ordered a new phone it was over the weekend so it obviously couldn't ship right away, but it only took a couple days after that. However, the device they sent me would randomly crash after a minute of being turned on and then would not turn on at all, and this was after I restored my data to it, so I had my passcode on the phone and can't take it off. They did send me another replacement with free one day shipping, it was just inconvenient to have to use a phone that was shedding glass shards for another couple days. Both the shattered phone and the defective replacement are currently in the mail, with a note explaining the passcode situation, so we'll see if they try to charge me extra for having a passcode (they better not)! A while back they also had an update that said you could install a profile to capture images with the front camera if someone steals your phone, but when I went to the website I looked for a good two hours through the website features and did not see the image capture anywhere (and I was specifically looking for it). Just seems weird, unless it didn't work and they deleted the feature."

This review was modified by Captain_Kirk12 on April 05 2016 08:43:28 AM

Not Good for my experience

"On 10/7/15 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 at Verizon, and I wanted the 128GB but they did not have it. They gave me in the meantime a 16GB and enroll me in ProtectCell. On 10/16/15 they received my 128 and I went to get it and return the 16gb. They enroll me again in ProtectCell, without transfering the contract for the new phone or cancelling the previous contract. After seeing in my credit card 2 charges/month for ProtectCell, I call them and explain the situation but they said it was Verizon problem, and they DO NOT return money or apply for future months.
I paid 6 months until they finally cancel one of the contracts.
I went to the Verizon store on Santa Monica Blvd-West Los Angeles to explain the situation, and after waiting 90 minutes, the manager there said the employee who did the transaction does not work there anymore, and they are not responsible for what he did.
I ended paying $66 for something I don't have.

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,635 merchant members.