• Protectcell.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.53/10 3.53/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.70/10 4.70/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.21/10 4.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10

"Protect a cell did an amazing job Replacing my Broken Phone. there was no hassle. I got my Phone within two days :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Tablet was lost or stolen. Called Protectcell on Friday, no hassle service, no questions asked. Received my device on Tuesday. Thank you for great service."

"Big zero. Horrible customer service. Horrible replacement phones. I was sent an HTC in September 2014, camera progressivlely worse. Won't sync, slow charging. Junk phone. In March I asked for a new warranty device. They wanted 300 deposit to reissue phone. Which I gave them it's April 15 now. They've sent me about five replacement a eavhnibe bad camera or not read SIM or poor call quality.
HTC has good phones but these guys are putting the garbage back in our hands! They're a third party insurer. Your cell provider has better insurance. Do not use this place! The agent selling you in it is getting commission!
Worst company I've ever done business with..Worst. I'll go buy a HTC in street for lower cost than them. Deductible crazy high at 150.
Samantha Roberts of Green Bay Wi, and Phoenix AZ.

"Got a bad working replacement phone. Feel like I should have gotten a extension contract. Just lost phone 6 days before contract ended. Was told there was a 30 day grace period. Spoke to customer representative and a manager. They wouldn't give me the grace period. Looks like ProtectCell is sold at Faux-verizon, no a real Verizon stores. Buyers be ware. Can't use contract at real Verizon stores either. "

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2015

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“We apologize for the issues you’ve had, and would like to look into your case in more detail. I believe we also connected via Twitter, but please send an email to marketing@protectcell.com with your plan # and the name registered to the account. Thank you!”

"This is a Michigan based company with an A+ BBB rating, and a failing rating everywhere else online. Please report them to the MI BBB so that more do not fall victim to their fraud and scam.

I went in to upgrade my phone at Verizon, and ProtectCell insurance was highly recommended. I paid for my first month of service up front, and the ongoing insurance was to be added to my monthly Verizon bill.

4 days later I found two unauthorized $25 charges from ProtectCell. I called the 877 number in their Welcome Email, but the phone line was not working. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I emailed them proof of the charges that were still pending authorization--yet were being held in my account.

ProtectCell refused to refund my money, stating that they didn't believe that these were theirs--even though the charges clearly state "ProtectCell" on my bank statement.

I called my bank and had the fraudulent charges reversed.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-09-2015

“Hi joannes5678,

Very sorry to hear that you had these issues. I'd like to look into this in more detail but I'll need some more information to do so. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan #, the phone number of the registered device, and the name registered to the account. Thank you!”

"Protectcell did a great for my stolen phone. Called in for another smart phone n received it in 2-3 business days. Wow! That was fast! Thumbs up :)"

"VERY dissatisfied customer!!
Bought the ProtectCell plan at the recommendation of Verizon 2 years ago. They said it was a "no-lose" situation, that I'd have the insurance if I ever needed it and if I didn't use it that I would get $109 dollars of the purchase price back. They never said it was a buyback program. (Incidentally, they told me today they no longer use ProtectCell).
Kept the phone 2 years. Never had a problem with it. Upgraded my phone 2 weeks ago. Had Verizon wipe the old phone clean and inspect it. They assured me I would get an offer of $109. But of course that's not what happened.
Had an email from ProtectCell saying they inspected it with a pen light and that the liquid damage indicator was tripped, and that didn't mean it had ever been dropped in water and that it was common and could just be caused by humidity, and that the phone could still function but would "EVENTUALLY it would not function properly." How convenient for them. So what choice do you have? You either take their measly offer of $56 bucks or get nothing.
What a sham, Just thankful I never had to file any kind of claim with them if that's the way they do business.

"Protectcell did a great job replacing my stolen phone. They were sympathetic about the loss and very helpful. I got a notice they shipped on the promised day, but Fedex let us down and delivered a day late. Protectcell did their part, though."

"My son dropped his phone and the screen on his phone shattered. I called protect cell. I had to pay the $150 deductible. They said I would have the phone in two days. Later I received an email that the phone was on back order. It took two weeks for the the phone to ship. They also didn't tell me that they ship through fedex and someone needs to sign for the package. Good thing I just happen to go home for lunch that day."

"It went OK. I was told be Verizon dealer that you could get a replacement in 24hrs. My phone broke on a Friday evening and I had a new phone on the following Tuesday. Although I had to pay extra for rush delivery. Its a business phone, so it was necessary. I was surprised by the $150 deductible. But I put that on the Verizon dealer selling the plan. They probably get some sort of commission from ProtectCell, so they paint a rosier picture to get the sell. ProtectCell overall wasnt bad. Wasnt great either."

"I handle the smartphone problems of my two teenage grandaughters and have used Protectcell twice in a year. I honestly don't know how their service could be any better. I understood about the original policy cost and deductible charge before I purchased the policies. When it came to actually using Proteccell, everything went smoothly and quickly. The first time I called to report a loss, the rep. was very polite, and accomodating. I recieved my replacement in 2 days. The second lost phone, I just answered a few simple questions on their website and again had my replacement in two days. They even offerred assistance in activating the new phone. Everthing went off without a hitch, couldn't be more satisfied."

"Omg this company is beyond horrible. Words cant even begin to describe. Made me pay 150 to replace my phone..stated id receive my device 2days..waited around..nothing. I had to call them back. Told me it was on back order. Randomly without any email I received my device a few days later. what do u know...defective. Called back..went through the EXACT SAME process no different except even longer to receive it. Opened it up today..Same DEFECTIVE ONE AGAIN.NOW STUCK WITH 2 DEFECTIVE PHONES! REVIEWS ARE BAD FOR A REASON PEOPLE. GO ELSEWHERE. EVEN YELP HAS SAME ISSUES. NOT A SINGLE POSITIVE FEEDBACK."

"I am disappointed, still do not have my replacement device. The first replacement device was reported as stolen/lost and therefore unable to be activated. The second replacement device was supposed to be sent overnight, just received an email saying it would be here in 2 days. I question how they sent a customer a stolen/lost device, so I question just how reputable are they...."

"Seemed to be a decently fast turn around for a new iPhone. I made the claim on a Friday and by Wednesday I had my new phone. One BIG issue though, the phone I received wouldn't charge. So I am stuck trying to use my broken phone for another week until they send another replacement. Oh well, 1st world problems I guess. "

"Terrible customer service. I lost my credit card and had to get a new one. I called to give them my new credit card, and reinstate my plan (10 days later!) Instead of the $10/month I signed up for at Verizon, they wanted to charge an upfront fee of $199 to do a new plan! Insane! There is absolutley nothing wrong with my phone, that is basically like me paying for a whole other phone. Do NOT do business with this company!"

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-19-2015

“Hi cheree_hollis,

Sure sounds like things didn't go quite according to plan, but to be honest I'm having a little trouble figuring out what happened. Couple of questions:

-You said you reinstated your plan 10 days later...10 days later from what? Or after what?
-It sounds like your original plan was a Monthly plan, and whoever you talked to told you you had to sign up for a Yearly plan instead? That's quite confusing, as we do indeed offer plans that are monthly and yearly but those prices don't make sense. Are you saying your original plan was purchased through a Verizon store for $10/month?

I'm not quite sure what happened with your issue, but I'd like to get some more information so I can investigate it in more detail. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan number, the name registered on the plan, and the phone number(s) registered. Thank you!”

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,853 merchant members.