Product & services pricing Rating 3.95/10 3.95/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.34/10 4.34/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.70/10 5.70/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.18/10 5.18/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.72/10 4.72/10

"Great customer service! Got help immediately and helped me with the problem. Received my sons replacement phone within 2 days & works great. Couldn't be happier with he service & protection they provide. Thanks!"

"Ive had nothing but a dreadful experience with this service.

I have had to return 3 device for malfunctioning and each time i must send them the device first, they inspect it and then ship me a new one, takes 2 weeks.

You can have them ship you a new device immediately if you front 200 dollars , which i think is unreasonable, if i wasn't dealing with refurbished devices i wouldn't make a fus, but it is their fault the "inspected and tested" devices are failing,

This plan is to expensive for refurbished devices, that just aren't up to par.

"Good response time and the replacement phones work great. In fact, they upgraded one since the old model didn't exist anymore. Thank you!"

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Glad we could help swantail!”

"Not happy! I was sold (for $200) an "insurance plan" that would replace my phone if it broke. Now I am told there is a $150 deductible to get a used replacement phone??? I have been misled and lied to buy both Protectcell and Verison. I tried to read through the document you clam spells this out but it was a lot of legal BS. There should be some class action law suit against such practices!!!"

“Hello Davidajohnson03,

It sounds like the admin fee inherent in all of our plans came as a bit of a shock to you? Apologies if you feel deceived or misled about how ProtectCELL plans work; that is certainly never something we endorse or condone. In fact, we make a strong, concerted effort to provide all the various wireless store reps who sell our plans with both training and sales materials to ensure that the way our protection plans work is accurately conveyed to customers like yourselves, and although the rate of instances where certain key details (like the admin fee) is dropping, unfortunately it does still happen.

That being said, I would like to hear more about how you feel someone from ProtectCELL lied to you. Did you actually talk to a ProtectCELL customer support rep? If so, what happened in the conversation to leave you feeling this way? Kindly send an email to marketing@protectcell.com with what happened, as I would like to investigate that in more detail. Thank you!”

"Protectcell's claims process was very easy. I got my replacement phone very quickly. I would recommend this service to anyone."

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“Thank you for the high praise abylander!”

"I tried to get a replacement phone three months before through the website and got an email to call in. I couldn't get through to a person at all that week so I gave up. I tried again last week and was successful. The replacement phone arrived in two days and works fine. My advice to protect cell is to train your c/s young men to be more respectful to the older women who are calling. We have about 30 years on you: We hold demanding jobs, we manage a home, have raised successful children and volunteer in our communities. We are not idiots. We have earned several degrees."

"Horrible experience. $150 administrative fee to replace my broken phone, which is high in addition to the $200 for insurance, but fine. The problem is, that for $150, I got a refurbished iPhone that had a home button that didn't work. So I called and they sent me another phone....which was missing the ENTIRE metal back, as it came off with the packaging when the Verizon rep unwrapped it. So then, I call them, after two trips to the Verizon store and now my second trip to the post office to return them the broken phone they sent me, and they tell me that not only will I not have another working phone for 3 days since they "can't" overnight something since it is a Friday, they furthermore will only refund me $25 of my administrative fee. The third replacement refurbished phone should be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed third time's the charm and it actually works. "

"Many tries to get my phone replaced. Protect tried to tell me that I didnt pay for my plan. I promtly sent my bank statements showing the deductions but still cant get any response. I have been placed on hold for hours only to be hung up on. Was promised call backs for the last 3 days and still no call backs and when I call in they are rude and do not understand the urgency. Last lady I talked to said maybe it would be corrected by next week. This company is a joke. Stay away. They will only steal your money. Report them often to the BBB. Crooks!!!!!"

“Hi rbarborak,

I apologize for the delays you experienced in getting your device replaced. We're currently in the middle of implementing some upgrades to our processing systems, but they very rarely cause the types of issues you've described. And no overhaul should ever result in a conversation with one of our support reps that can be described as rude and uncaring. If you would kindly send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name, plan #, and the number of the phone you were trying to get replaced, it will make it much easier for me to get to the bottom of your issue.”

"2nd device that we've replaced because it was lost. Shipping was 2 days both time & the staff was very helpful & courteous. I spoke with a customer service rep both times that spoke English well & that's nice to hear when calling a customer service desk."

"they did it efficiently and fast both the call took 3 minute and i got two days later no questions asked and good service only use them!!!!!!!!!1"

"Furious and frustrated. I purchased this plan fully aware of both the cost of insurance and replacement cost. I was not, however, informed my replacement phone would be refurbished. Moreover, I was told my replacement would be the exact same device. I was shipped a white, refurbished iPhone 5s that will be replacing a black 5s with a cracked screen that is just under three months old. The customer service representative I spoke with was both rude and condescending. Lesson learned. Never again."

“Hi TotalScam,
Apologies for your frustration in getting your phone replaced. Regarding the color of your new phone, the only reason we wouldn't send you a new device that's the same color as your original is simply because we didn't have any of that color in stock, and we don't want you going without a phone any longer than is absolutely necessary. I suspect that's also why the device you were sent was refurbished; again, we attempt to send customers the exact same device they want to replace, but if our stock is low that does sometimes mean we send out refurbished devices. However, none of that should necessitate a 'rude and condescending' conversation with one of our support specialists. That part I would like to dig a little deeper on, but to do so I'll need some additional information. If you could send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name, plan #, and the number of the iPhone you replaced, it will make it much easier to do so. Thank you.”

"The English language lacks words for how utterly disappointed in Protectcell's service I am.I had to call twice to order my replacement Note ii. Both of the customer service representatives that I spoke to where curt and seemed utterly annoyed that I was bothering them by calling in. The second phone call tried to ship my device to the wrong address and said she'd make a note of the right address, so frankly I'm surprised it showed up at my house at all.
The real disappointment came when I opened the package. They shipped me the wrong color, which I told them twice and verified once. The battery was completely dead, which is worrisome since rechargeable batteries have the longest life when stored at 20%, so after charging the batter and turning on the phone I realized just how poorly refurbished the phone was. The middle button was replaced with a cheap likeness that you often have to push 3 or 4 times for it to respond. The S-Pen doesn't fit in the slot quite right, I have to turn the phone upside down and "coax" it out using both hands. The screen isn't seated properly in the device, by this I mean I routinely have to snap the phone back together by pinching along the whole boarder of the phone before the screen snaps back in.
All in all I will never be opting for a Protectcell plan again. Come March when me and my husband buy new devices we will most definitely be looking into Asurion, GeekSquad or some other company that comes more highly rated.

UPDATE REVIEW:
20 Days post Protectcell response.
I responded to their response within 24 hours. 20 days later I have heard absolutely NOTHING from them. In the time since the initial review the screen has gotten worse, to the point where there is a gap the thickness of a finger nail between the phone and the screen. And the phone has gone from holding the S-Pen captive, to randomly ejecting it. Which results in mad hunts for the pen so my phone will stop going mad.

Ultimately I am most disappointed with the company's facade of intrest in the care of it'it's customers well being.

CLIFFNOTES VERSION: Do not choose Protectcell as insurance for your phone. Should you ever need a replacement you will find it to be the bane of your existence. You will consider going on a homicidal rampage by the time your next phone upgrade comes along should you actually place an insurance claim through Protectcell.

“Hi Cassandra,
First, that certainly doesn't sound like the kind of customer experience we're aiming for, and for that you have our apologies. I'd like to investigate your matter in more detail, but to do so I'll need some more information. If you could send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your name, plan #, and the # of the device you had such a difficult time replacing, it will make it much easier to get to the bottom of what happened. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to hear from you soon.”

"They acted Quickly to my request and had my new phone for me the next day. Fast and courteous service!"

"A 2 day wait turns into, 'maybe at the end of this week.' Was put on hold for 15 minutes. The lady was terse and rude. I explained the wait is ridiculous for the an amount already paid. She replied with an insincere 'I can refund you the money and when we get it, we can charge you again?' This is not the point, I replied. I had to explain to her, this is a service we pay for, and expect a certain amount of service when money is given. (You would think they would know this). I asked for a supervisor, she said I am one. Wow. I still thanked her for her patience. I originally called on the 19th of September. She said it might be in 'hopefully by the end of the week.' Today is the 30th of September. They now say wait till the 3rd of October. Stay away from protect cell.

Update, 3 Oct. I called back to say I have no phone still, They said 'sorry' offered other inferior phones. I was upset, not happy, this same lady seemed to be enjoying my frustration. They mentioned my service provider, saying they have it on order. I asked what does this have to do with protect cell? Did I not give you money for a service? I am a bit confused. It seems they were passing the buck. I asked to speak to this ladies boss, or someone in a higher position. She said they will get with me in 24-48 hours. I mentioned to her, reminded her, that I asked to speak to someone higher to her on the 29th. 'No one has called me as of yet', I tried to explain. Again an insincere 'sorry, you just have to wait.' I again expressed my frustration and said, 'I don't know what to get online and write a review, saying, 'stay away from protect cell.' She seemed not to care. Gave another insincere 'sorry.' So...here I am. Stay away from protect cell! Update 10 October. No phone yet. Tried, unsuccessfully to talk to a supervisor, 2 weeks in a row. Called yesterday, they said they would put this in again. Got a call to my home number, asking to send inferior replacements...again. How many times must I no? Stay away from protect cell. It has been three weeks now. They drag their feet, are rude, seem uncaring and offer inferior phones. Stay away from protect cell.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-30-2014

“Hi VFWVeteran,

That certainly doesn't sound like the level of customer satisfaction we're aiming for. Would you mind sending us an email at Marketing@protectcell.com so we can investigate your issue a bit more internally? Kindly include your name, plan #, and the phone number of the device you were looking to replace. Thank you, and our apologies for the difficulties!”

"Prompt and effective service. Very happy with my purchase of this service. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-29-2014

ProtectCell1, Protectcell.com rep has responded

“We're very happy that you're very happy!”

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.