Stores > Protectcell.com

Customer service: Rating 6.83/10 6.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

2016-08-17

Not at all impressed

"First, it took 4 days to get my replacement phone vs overnight with the other insurance carrier that Verizon uses. Second, when the piece of junk arrived it had no audible sound. I tried every fix to no avail. SO---I'm expecting another replacement piece of junk that "should" be here in 2 days. NEVER again will I purchase protection from Protectcell. "

Rep reply posted Aug-22-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“We're sorry to hear about your frustration. We do everything we can to keep our defect rates low, they're actually lower than most original manufacturers, but mistakes do happen. It sounds like you have a replacement in hand now, but if we can answer any questions please reach out to marketing@protectcell.com.”

2016-07-30

Awesome Service

"Customer Service Rep was great. Very helpful, informative and to the point. I lost my phone and received my new one the next day. No hassle and no waiting...process was quick and painless. "

This review was modified by Epichardo52 on July 30 2016 04:20:22 PM

2016-07-16

Replacement cell, easy as he**

"My daughter destroyed her iPhone, accidently of course. I called Protectcell on a Sunday, she had a new exact iPhone on wednesday! So easy, so convenient!"

This review was modified by richdbenoit on July 16 2016 02:58:25 PM

2016-07-12

New phone delivered in ONE day!

"I cracked the screen of my iphone 6s and within a day, Protectcell had a new one at my doorstep. I am very grateful for this service!"

This review was modified by skipholmes on July 12 2016 11:39:24 AM

2016-07-12

Total rip off... don't bother

"Every element of this company and its existence is based on a scam. If you add up what you pay in premiums and in "administrative fees" and shipping and etc... you will pay more for your used or refurbished replacement phone than if you buy one out right. This is not how insurance is suppose to work... if that was the case, the insurance on your $30,000 car would be astronomically unaffordable.

But this is why "extended insurance" schemes are being outlawed in some countries. Because they are a consumer scam.

In addition to all of this... this company also has rude and unhelpful customer service... really insult to injury.

PS. The reason I got suckered in... is because the guy at the Verizon store flat out lied about what we get with the policy. My bad... should have read the fine print... but hey, who really reads those 35 page documents???

Rep reply posted Jul-20-2016

A rep from Protectcell.com, ProtectCell1, has responded

“Hi houman-2541, That's certainly not the kind of customer experience we like to hear about. I'd like to look into this in more detail but I'll need some more information to do so. Please send an email to Marketing@protectcell.com with your plan #, the phone number of the registered device, and the name registered to the account. Thank you!”

2016-06-29

Everything went smooth except...

"Process of contacting Protectcell was slick; however, when we received the device replacement, it did not work. We took it to our Verizon store and it was confirmed that the replacement was defective. So while it was very inconvenient and disappointing, they shipped another device out immediately. "

This review was modified by tdkscott on June 29 2016 07:03:47 PM

2016-06-25

Grateful

"The process of replacing my phone was easy and fast. Customer service was very helpful and professional. "

2016-05-09

Great Value

"This service was as easy as it could be. From time phone was broken until the new phone was in my hands was three days. Very friendly and helpful. New phone is refurbished but working great. "

This review was modified by Kwooley4 on May 09 2016 06:03:45 AM

2016-05-01

Great results

"Got phone in a day great service they gladly helped me get my replacement quick "

This review was modified by Playa99614 on May 01 2016 01:53:10 PM

2016-04-12

Ripped off

"Bought the protect cell insurance was told if I didnt use it I would get my 199.00 back,now they say I waited to long to request my money back. I feel they are a ripoff and would strongly discourage people from using protect cell. They will protect your money forever"

2016-04-05

Broken phone worked better than replacement

"Shattered my phone screen, but it still worked. When I ordered a new phone it was over the weekend so it obviously couldn't ship right away, but it only took a couple days after that. However, the device they sent me would randomly crash after a minute of being turned on and then would not turn on at all, and this was after I restored my data to it, so I had my passcode on the phone and can't take it off. They did send me another replacement with free one day shipping, it was just inconvenient to have to use a phone that was shedding glass shards for another couple days. Both the shattered phone and the defective replacement are currently in the mail, with a note explaining the passcode situation, so we'll see if they try to charge me extra for having a passcode (they better not)! A while back they also had an update that said you could install a profile to capture images with the front camera if someone steals your phone, but when I went to the website I looked for a good two hours through the website features and did not see the image capture anywhere (and I was specifically looking for it). Just seems weird, unless it didn't work and they deleted the feature."

This review was modified by Captain_Kirk12 on April 05 2016 08:43:28 AM

2016-03-30

Not Good for my experience

"On 10/7/15 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 at Verizon, and I wanted the 128GB but they did not have it. They gave me in the meantime a 16GB and enroll me in ProtectCell. On 10/16/15 they received my 128 and I went to get it and return the 16gb. They enroll me again in ProtectCell, without transfering the contract for the new phone or cancelling the previous contract. After seeing in my credit card 2 charges/month for ProtectCell, I call them and explain the situation but they said it was Verizon problem, and they DO NOT return money or apply for future months.
I paid 6 months until they finally cancel one of the contracts.
I went to the Verizon store on Santa Monica Blvd-West Los Angeles to explain the situation, and after waiting 90 minutes, the manager there said the employee who did the transaction does not work there anymore, and they are not responsible for what he did.
I ended paying $66 for something I don't have.
BE AWARE OF VERIZON AND PROTECT CELL. VERY TRICKY COMPANIES.

2016-03-22

Awesome service but could be better

"I had no problems with my insurance. At he end of 2 years I took advantage of the buyback feature and got & for my old droid. Now... On my brother's plan we had to pay $125 for the first phone and $150 for the second one. Unfortunately he was not eligible for an upgrade so that was our best option at the time. I understand insurance policies always have a "deductible" part but why does it have to be so high?? Other than that, the timely delivery and package to send back your damaged phone is awesome. And the representatives I spoke with were well trained and courteous. "

2016-03-21

Speedy service

"Upon requesting a claim, I was provided with a tracking number for the package with my new phone within minutes. Even though I live in a rural location, my phone arrived just two days later!
Everything worked very well, I was only slightly put off by the lack of iPhone accessories that accompanied my new phone. With other insurance providers, I have received a new charger cord and headphones with the replacement phone. I would have liked to have received a similar service with this one. However, I was extremely pleased with the speed and promptness of the service. The replacement phone is working great, and I am happy.

This review was modified by alaska_girl on March 21 2016 04:08:58 PM

2016-03-07

Protectcell Excellent Service

"Excellent service on response to cell phone users who are without a phone. Got my replacement in 2 days. "

This review was modified by LucySNelson on March 07 2016 04:33:54 PM

Share Protectcell.com's store rating

Protectcell.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Protectcell.com is a merchant member
Protectcell.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,515 merchant members.