• Projector Lamp

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Horrible customer service. Their lamp took out my projector and I asked if they would cover the cost of repairs. After 3 months of many polite but ignored emails I finally got an answer. No. They could have saved me the hassle by telling me right away."

This review was modified by AllenSquier on July 08 2015 04:02:03 PM

"I tried to purchase a lamp for my rear projector TV in April of 2014. I used Projector Lamp Source. The lamp came broken. I took pictures and dealt with a Camille by phone and by email. What a frustrating experience! She all but called me a liar! She asked for 2 sets of pictures. It took 8 weeks to finally get a lamp. It is now April once again and the lamp has burned out! The previous 2 lamps had lasted 4 years each. I will certainly use a much more reputable company this time around. "

"Do not buy from them. I really hate to hurt business online, but this company is not worth it.
Cheap, very cheap lamps and it doesn't work at all, it overheated my projector, I sent it back and im waiting for my money back but nothing yet, I will have to go after that on small claims.
So do not buy from them.

"Projector lamp source's website claims to sell "genuine original lamps" and they provide brochures stressing the higher quality of Philips bulbs compared to replacement parts form other brands.

However, Projector Lamp Source only defines "original" to mean that the bulb originated from one of their 5+ suppliers.

Their customer service department further informed me that "Original does not mean OEM".

The product I ordered should have been a Philips bulb for a Samsung TV, but the product I received was clearly not manufactured by Philips, and appeared to be of lesser quality. I am requesting a refund, and do not recommend this company.

"Stay away from these guys. They only sell knock-offs, while giving you the impression they don't.

First of all, although they say "America's Number One Supplier for Projector Lamps", they NOT a US company, but Canadian. (even though their main site ends in .com!)
Your credit card will charge you an "international transaction fee" (if they do those things, and most do).

Secondly, although they claim they sell "genuine" replacement lamps, they are KNOCK-OFFs of the real thing. Their box even SAYS: "Replacement for:" [the actual brand partnumber]

When you call to complain the rep will speepishly admit they do not sell "OEM" lamps. He or she will even go great lengths to explain that nowhere on their site they mention that they sell OEM lamps... yet, they sure give the casual buyer the impression that they do!

In short: you get what you pay for. Cheap knock-off lamps that most likely will not stand the test of time. I'd rather buy direct from the Viewsonic (in this case) and pay more, but get a REAL lamp.

This review was modified by richard98075 on April 26 2013 02:31:26 PM

"Do not buy from this company! - I returned a lamp, un-opened and was charged a 25% restocking fee...their customer service is non-existent."

Share Projector Lamp Source's store rating

Projector Lamp Source is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Projector Lamp Source is not a merchant member
Projector Lamp Source does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!