Stores > Pro-star

• Pro-star Pro-star Elite Status

• Address: 837 S. Lawson Street, City of Industry, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.72/10 9.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10

2016-11-03

Quality products, excellent service.

"Over a year ago, I purchased a laptop (P650SG) from Pro-star. It arrived with everything advertised however I did have a technical problem with the screen not turning on. However, I managed to fix it myself after discovering the connector was merely loose. During this short period, I emailed pro-star and they were very helpful and offered quick service to help me find the problem. That was the extent of my experience with customer service, but I was very satisfied since they made sure I was happy with my product, and I was."

2016-11-01

Great Product/Super support

"This is an amazing company as far as tech support. Easy returns. Good follow-up. Their products are top-of-the-line and they can compete with anyone. I am about to purchase my second high-end computer and pass my other one on to my wife."

2016-09-24

Great Company

"Fast computer that has good graphics, decent battery life, and good build quality."

2016-09-20

A 5 stars Service!

"Some are thinking it is all about the merchandise, I would say the service. I bought my gaming laptop from Pro-star and it is the 4th time now to do so, even-though, I faced a malfunctioned device in my 2nd order. Pro-star changed it and send it back to me. Life is not perfect, and things happen time to time.

Keep the good work "Pro-star team"

2016-09-17

Great experience buying MSI GS43VR from Prostar!

"Buying from Prostar was a great experience from beginning to end. I spoke with several boutique notebook resellers before choosing Prostar, asking all of them about their quality assurance processes and potential discounts. Prostar impressed me because they were always quick to answer my (many) questions, never gave me canned responses, and surprisingly never even pressured me to buy from them. I was also impressed with the details of their quality assurance process - at least based off the answers given by the various resellers I spoke to, Prostar's process far surpasses the competition, as they will test the CPU and RAM; run GPU stress tests multiple times; look at the LCD for backlight bleed, flickering, and dead pixels; test the wireless, keyboard, audio, and every port; and conduct physical stress tests on the chassis. This quality assurance is a large reason why I went with Prostar (MSI has their own quality assurance process, but it helps to have second set of eyes look at your laptop before you receive it!)

Prostar also offers great prices compared to their competition, including what is by far the most affordable 1-year Dead Pixel Warranty I could find from any reseller, and they also offered a generous discount to me because I'm a member of the Notebook Review forums. They also went above and beyond by offering me, for free, overnight testing and customization for my notebook. This usually costs about $40, but because I had to wait two days after placing my order for Prostar to receive a shipment of GS43VR notebooks from MSI, they graciously offered to have my unit available to ship out in one day.

Upon receiving my GS43VR, which arrived on time, it looked like they had placed the computer, which MSI already had double-boxed, into a third box for additional protection. My computer was undamaged, clean, and had the custom Intel Wireless 8260 card I asked for in place of the stock Killer Wireless (I also asked them to remove the stock thermal paste and apply IC Diamond Thermal Compound to the CPU + GPU). Everything (ports, keyboard, screen, mouse, dGPU, etc.) worked out of the box and continues to work! The screen does have some small backlight bleed despite Prostar's QA, and I would have preferred even less, but some amount of backlight is almost always to expected to occur on a high-quality IPS panel. Some other MSI GS43VR owners have had issues with recurrent micro-stuttering, but I've (so far) been fortunate to avoid that. I've had mine for several weeks now, and I continue to be very pleased with its performance!

One small disappointment is that I had asked Prostar to send me pictures of the results of the GPU benchmarks they ran, and they weren't able to. I don't really hold that against them though, because speaking with their reps, it's clear that the request got lost in the shuffle when they kindly gave me the free upgrade to have my laptop ready to ship in one day. Plus, I've run my own tests and logged my own hours gaming, and I can say the GPU runs surprisingly cool for a 14" notebook and performs great! Given Prostar's thorough QA, I'm not sure if that would still be the case if I had bought through another reseller.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience with Prostar, and I would certainly buy from them again!

2016-08-16

Longest Lasting Laptop

"My Prostar laptop has run for the last eight years without a hiccup. It has been the most reliable computer I have ever owned and I am buying another one because I want to, not because I need to."

2016-07-30

Dependable Notebook!

"I lug my notebook around with me every day in industrial environments. My PROSTAR is about two years old now and has held up great to the abuse I put it through! "

This review was modified by TrialsRider on July 30 2016 04:16:41 PM

2016-06-27

Great Value!

"I have purchased 8 laptops from ProStar Computer over the last 10 years.
Great value and great service when I have questions.
I have never found another vendor that provides the same top notch components.

This review was modified by ChrisTrow on June 27 2016 06:42:11 PM

2016-06-24

Best Price

"Fast service. Great communication. Will buy from again"

This review was modified by brackfoot on June 24 2016 03:50:20 PM

2016-05-17

P750ZM -- The "Batman" Review

"Computer has been a beast since purchased. Had a Firemark Score of 8833 without any overclocking. GPU and CPU run very cool under load.

The Pro-Star staff was very helpful with my order and let me make changes to the order after it was initially placed (such as increasing the AC Adapter from 230W to 330W).

I would definitely purchase a computer from them again.

This review was modified by Lawbear13 on May 17 2016 08:15:57 AM

2016-05-16

Might buy a New Laptop from PROSTAR!

"I'm currently in the market for a new gaming laptop. I have been shopping around to find the best price. My last computer I bought from Pro-Star and was satisfied enough to not automatically rule them out during this time around. I am a major advocate for good customer service. I have previously bought from a different (name-brand) company until the customer service went from good to zero. Pro-Star was there and provided me with the service I deserve. "

This review was modified by bungun on May 16 2016 04:14:05 PM

2016-04-13

A++

"Great laptop purchase, no problems with product, 5 Stars."

This review was modified by benvenuto13 on April 13 2016 07:01:07 PM

2016-03-08

Going PRO with Pro-Star!

"I purchased an Asus G75vw ROG over 2yrs ago from these guys. the first thing that that caught my attention is the pricing and customization features pro-star offers. I am very particular about my pc's and the way i want them built, because i have always put together and built my own desktops. Pro-star at the time was the only place i found that would allow someone to make changes to a laptop that fits my desired specs at a very reasonable price. They also delivered mine without a scratch and it has been running strong still to this day with no issues. I am going to buy another ROG and It will be from these guys without question.

Chad Shirel

This review was modified by th0r34uX on March 08 2016 06:23:01 PM

2016-02-03

Nice laptop

"I bought this laptop in Aug. 2014. It's still working very well today. I'm very satisfied with it."

This review was modified by darvinovic on February 03 2016 07:50:51 PM

2016-02-01

Very Friendly Staff

"ProStar is excellent at providing what they promise and when ever you call you get to a human immediately. They have been very professional and have rock bottom pricing."

This review was modified by zytoc on February 01 2016 07:22:46 PM

Share Pro-star's store rating

Pro-star is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Pro-star is a merchant member
Pro-star participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,607 merchant members.