• Pro-star Pro-star Elite Status

• Address: 837 S. Lawson Street, City of Industry, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.50/10 9.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.33/10 9.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.54/10 9.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10

"Friendly support, but extremely poor QA. Ordered a P650SG basically stock, but with an upgrade that included a Sharp IGZO Matte 4k display. Processing and shipping was fast, I had my laptop in 5 days. However, they did not install/send the right display. They left in the stock/free 1080p panel. They issued an RMA and paid for two day return shipping. 7 business days later, I had my laptop back.

But- they still got it wrong. Now they've given me the 4k panel, but glossy instead of matte ($50 cheaper panel, and not what I wanted). They also left on the logo sticker which I had asked them to leave off and the did on the first machine.

Now I'm shipping it back for a second time. $2000, three laptops, and a month later and I might have what I paid for the first time.

They haven't offered any compensation for the constant mistakes other than apologies. I can understand a mistake the first time, but on that first replacement, why did they not actually CHECK to see that they fixed the problem the RMA was created for?

QA is poor and they do not appear to have good communication between sales, support, and service.

"Pro-Star configured a Gaming Laptop for use with AutoCAD 3D Studio. It was the only laptop available with advanced capabilities.
I have never had a problem with the laptop, in 9 years.

"Great Company. I purchased a P157SM fully loaded.

I ordered the laptop with ready next day services. As promised it shipped out the next day with no issues. I did not pay for upgraded shipping so UPS delivered it 4 days later.

Laptop worked wonderfully until the graphics card began to have issues. I emailed and instantly received a reply and an RMA number. They paid for shipping both ways and replaced my Gfx card with no issues. I will definitely do business with this company again.

"Great fast service. Got the order to me in two days even while I was on business staying in a hotel."

"My 152SM-S arrived in good shape and I loaded my own copy of Windows 7 onto it without trouble. I had some difficulty getting the laptop's drivers installed, but eventually figured it out.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the laptop, which performs fantastically. I can run any high-end game on it with maximum video qualities enabled.

I have some dissatisfaction with the quality and layout of the keyboard, the fingerprint scanner which is poorly located and designed, and the lack of physical volume and media keys. If I were redesigning it myself, I would put a couple USB ports on the back of the machine, relocate the optical drive to the left side (where my mouse-thumb won't keep hitting the eject button...), reorganize some of the keyboard, add volume and media control keys, and put a deactivating slider over the camera to ensure my sense of privacy.

A few other nits: The laptop's trackpad buttons are made of flexing plastic, which give a different "click" sense depending on where you push it; The power button is immediately adjacent to the Esc button and often gets hit by accident; The Control Center software utility only works for the user who first logs on and is deactivated when another user logs on during the same power-on session.

Again, those are nits, and my overall satisfaction of the 152SM-S is quite high.

"Got a laptop made close to a year now. Still going strong. Fast shipping and very good products all together."

"P177SM-A Laptop

Outstanding hardware.
Super clean windows install with no bloatware.
Everything worked as or better than expected.
This hardware is used 24-7

Customer service is top notch

"I purchased an MSI GT-70 Dominator-2293 for my son's birthday from Pro-Star. I have to admit I was a bit worried because I had never heard of them but they had a good BBB rating and great ratings from everyone else so I took a chance. I was glad I did because they did everything they said they would, always answered the phone when I called, responded to emails promptly and I received the computer just as I ordered it. It came on time and I was charged exactly what I expected. I am VERY happy and so is my son. I will order from them again without hesitation!"

"I have had my laptop over 6 months, I'm extremely satisfied with the performance and quality. It's been a great computer and customer service is amazing, I just spilled coffee on my laptop and had to call in my one time accident forgiveness. Everything went extremely smooth and sent computer in for repairs. I would definitely recommend this company and product to anyone. Thank you Pro Star and MSI. "

"Solid laptop - as in feels solid: feels more durable than previous high end laptops
Easy upgrades: screwdriver and panels to remove, not dis-assy.
Lower price than similar spec'd laptops from 'name brands'

"I purchased a Pro-Star W230SS on June 14, 2014, with i7-4810MQ Processor, 16GB of Memory, 1TB HDD, etc.
-Excellent purchasing experience, They called me to confirm, then built and shipped it quickly.
-I am running Windows 7 Pro and lots of other heavy software doing complex scientific calculations. It runs like a top and I can leave it on for days with many programs running without failures.
-Over all very pleased and from my experience I expect to get a lot of service from the machine.

"great laptop great price!"

"I used to think that it's never worth it to write a review. But I'm deciding to write a review for the sager np-9377s due to the outstanding quality of the laptop. The nervousness I felt before I have received the laptop can't be easily described by words, due to the fact that it's a pricy laptop. But all my worries faded away after about 3 hours of usage. I have bought 2 alienware 17's before, and everyone of them had frozen in the first couple of hours(maybe I'm just unlucky), and that made me think it's normal for new computers to freeze. But this machine ran smoothly for over 8 hours straight until I ran across some virus online, which was my own fault lol. For the best bang for buck, I expected even less quality than Alienware. How can something cheaper be better in both specs and stability? Well, Sager had done it! Also, I used to think that these reviews are mostly fake, until the quality of this laptop surprised me enough to write one myself.
Got carried away with the laptop and I forgot to mention Pro-star's total awesomeness. First of all, real person at the phone without that recorded bs most of the time(and they pick up in seconds). The rush production of 1 business day was not found from any other sager re-sellers. Best price comparing to other re-sellers, but not by anything big. Still impressive for a laptop that's already cheap for its specs. Most importantly, the laptop comes as you ordered, nothing was missing or deffective. The last Alienware I got from Amazon had AMD GPUs instead of Nvidia that I ordered. Can't say enough about how great they are. Trust me. If you buy from them, you will come to this site and write a 5-star review, it's like people watching Breaking Bad recommending the show to everybody. It's magic!

"Have bought 2 Laptops in the past from Pro-Star. Configured the way I wanted them always and lasted forever. I'm about to have another one custom built the way I want it! "

"It was really nice experience with Pro-star. Got two laptops from them. Both went really well."

Share Pro-star's store rating

Pro-star is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Pro-star is a merchant member
Pro-star participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.