• ProLine Range H ProLine Range Hoods Elite Status

• Address: 1750 S. 500 W.
    • Contact: support@prolinerangehoods.com
    • Phone: 877-901-5530
    • Customer Support: 877-901-5530
    • Business Hours: 8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
    • Fax: 801-973-6069

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.05/10 9.05/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.09/10 9.09/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.10/10 9.10/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.88/10 9.88/10

"I purchased ProLine Range Hoods a while back in 2011, and we had encounter some trouble with the touch panel and lights. I contacted ProLine to see if I can find replacement parts, or else I would have to find it on my own from the internet. ProLine really stood behind their products and offered me solutions. Customer service department answered my questions and took care of me. The range hood itself is very nicely designed and very powerful, we are very happy about the product. I'm glad that I bought the range hood through ProLine. I highly recommend this company and their products. "

"I purchased a 30" wall mount range hood just over 3 years ago. I called for a replacement touch panel outside of warranty. Customer support promptly responded and made arrangements to ship it to me. Good customer service and it's very nice the part was still available."

"After much research we chose a Proline Range hood for our new kitchen renovation. We received the product on time and in perfect condition (packaging is excellent). We've been very happy with our choice as this hood gets a lot of use and performs well. The only minor problem was a light bulb that failed after 18 months but their customer service was very responsive in getting a replacement to us."

"We bought a range hood 4 years ago and it came very quickly and was nicely packaged and easy to install, we called to replace a part recently and customer service has been punctual and co-operative. The quality of the range hood is high end and looks great in our kitchen. We would recommend this manufacturer to other people that are in the market to buy a range hood. "

"I bought a hood from Proline and it is a very nice product. Just this morning I burned the heck out of something on the stove while my husband was still asleep but the smoke detector did not even peep nor did the kitchen smell as the hood worked so well. It is a really nice looking hood. Also, I would mention my contractor screwed up and cut the chimney part too short. ProLine sent me a new one shipping included for $100, so that was great.

"I am so happy with my ProLine Hood. My overall experience has been so positive. Not only does the hood look good, the fan is fantastic. ProLine's customer service was stellar. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new hood, and I would definitely use them again in the future."

"Pleasant customer service. I called for a replacement light bulb as the one which came with the unit started to fail after 3 months of use. The male representative was very pleasant and he promised to send new bulbs same day."

"We recently purchased a Range Hood on line from ProLine - the whole process was so easy - the website was so helpful with video instructions. The price was very competitive with free shipping. The hood is beautiful - we are very happy with it. Thank you ProLine. "

"I purchased a Pro Line Range Hood from your company last fall. It’s beautiful and runs like a dream! I had two incidents that I needed help with and Pro Line’s customer service was second to none. Extremely helpful, friendly and professional. The part I needed was Fed Ex shipped asap and trouble shooting was handled instantly.

I highly recommend this brand for its quality and excellent customer care!

"I installed the island hood in September 2014. It functioned well from the beginning and it looks nice and modern. For medium cooking jobs it works well, but for heavy cooking, especially when using onion or garlic, I recommend a higher flow rate model, one with double exhaust fan.
A weak point is the on-line owner manual, which is not clear enough for using the control panel of the hood.
The technical support, when I needed, was prompt and efficient.

"Very friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend going with a ProLine Hood. "

"If you read any review, read mine.

I wasn't going to write a review, but given the phone call I just received from ProLine I figured I would be preemptive (read on).

Lets begin with the positive. The phones are answered, the people are friendly and the item ships quickly.

Now for the negative.

There is nothing indicating this hood has approval from any testing lab (UL, CE etc).

My first hood was damaged. The bulbs unscrewed during shipping which cracked the porcelain insulator around the light socket. Pieces of the insulator were at bottom of the box.

The same hood had 2 to 3 inch hairline cracks in both seams at the lower front end of the hood.

ProLine was very prompt in offering to send a replacement light assembly. They also offered a small refund (basically the cost of shipping old hood back and new hood to me) for the damage. I politely declined and there was no problem getting a call tag to return the hood.

There was no advance replacement. The new hood shipped only after they received the damaged hood.

The replacement hood also has a minor crack on the front lower left. The bulbs were loose again, but no damage. A steel channel came shipped loose inside the hood. Imagine the scratches from the steel channel banging around inside the hood. The manual says nothing about this channel, so it is up to you to eventually figure out what it is for and secure it (it's for the filters).

The manual directs you to secure the mounting bracket to the wall a mounting bracket that isn't supplied. Neither of my hoods came with a mounting bracket. I fashioned my own.

ProLine has a video on their site promoting a remote fan installation. What they don't tell you is that you have to fabricate your own sheetmetal to get the transition they supply to attach to the hood they supply. I know this because I sent an email about it at 10am on 1/5 and finally got a reply the evening of 1/7 and only after two phone calls.

Spend an hour driving and having transition parts fabbed. Spend another fitting and securing.

Wiring the hood reveals the hood comes wired backwards from factory. When you hook up white-to-white and black-to-black, the wiring internal to the hood makes it white-to-black and black-to-white.

Disassemble hood. Rewire. Find the ground is not even attached to the receptacles provided for the fan connection. It was not a loose connection; it was never attached.

The hood comes with two fan receptacles, one is on-off and the other is controlled by the rheostat. The manual mentions nothing about it.

There's no cable entry points on the hood, so you have to drill and grommet your own. You will also have to supply your own junction box and cable glands as connections are not made inside the hood.

Go to install chimney and it's too tall. Do the math: *minimum* height of hood above floor per ProLine is 64". The hood is 18" tall. The minimum chimney height is 17-1/2". That's 8 feet 3-1/2 inches. How tall is your ceiling? Mine is 8 feet.

I have to modify, grind and fit the chimney.

Surprises aren't finished yet. The new LED bulbs they are touting on their site? Not dimmable. You get full bright or very dim.

I filed a report with saferproducts.gov for the unsafe wiring. The gov did not supply my information to ProLine. As I figured when I wrote the report, ProLine simply used the date of purchase in the report to figure out who submitted it. And so I get the phone call I mention in the beginning of this review. As nice as everybody is, the whole situation was a debacle I would like to forget. My contact information was omitted because I don't want to talk to you! Don't worry about my safety, I am providing the quality control you should be providing.

Why am I writing this report? I am writing it because I suspect that when the report is published on saferproducts.gov their response will be "isolated incident". Yes, only my hood, in the entire container shipped from China, was wired improperly and without ground.

If you have purchased a hood from them I strongly suggest you have it examined. If it is wired improperly the barrel portion of the light socket will be hot at 120v instead of the tab at the bottom of the socket. Any electrician could check this with a multimeter in about 1 minute.

If it is not wired properly file a report at saferproducts.gov. That is the only way we can assure that steps are taken to make sure everybody has a safe installation.

No doubt ProLine will respond to this. Hopefully they will elaborate on just what steps they took to assure none of the other hoods they sold are a shock hazard. I don't want apologies, I want to know what you are doing to keep people safe.

Overall the hood looks nice. If your time is worth nothing, then maybe it is for you. Contractors should run from this product. You will lose your shirt installing it. Bosch offers a similar product that is tested and much easier to install.

-former Fire Investigator and ICC Electrical Inspector

"on 2012, I purchased a 30" wall mount from Proline Range Hoods. It's still working good, strong and quiet as new. I am very happy with the products and technical support. "

"I ordered my Proline range hood online in 2012 when I renovated my 70's kitchen. It arrived in good shape on the day we were told to expect it. It's a nice looking model and was a good value for the price. The lights began blinking after a few months and the company sent me a new capacitor for free right away. All in all, I've been happy with my range hood and have gotten many compliments. And I've been very impressed the the excellent customer service."

"Since our purchase of the beautiful range hood in March 2011, we have become unofficial spokes persons for Proline. We frequently are asked about our unique and stylish range hood and freely recommend your friendly and professional company to family and friends. We are very satisfied with our purchase and the service of your staff and will continue to refer others while continuing to enjoy our beautiful range hood. Thanks Proline!
Regards,
Cliff & Linda Beauvais

Share ProLine Range Hoods's store rating

ProLine Range Hoods is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ProLine Range Hoods is a merchant member
ProLine Range Hoods participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,841 merchant members.