Stores > ProAudioStar

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review ProAudioStar by clicking a star below.
2017-03-28

QSC K8's

"Ordered 2 used QSC K8's. They sent me a upgrade offer for 2 new for basically $40.00 more! Received the brand new speakers yesterday...Perfect condition beautiful new speakers!!! They saved me almost $200.00. Recommend this place highly . Will purchase again from them"

This review was modified by Radiomic on March 28 2017 08:00:01 AM

2017-03-20

Do not order from this vendor!!

"Shameful, pathetic customer service, if not simply a complete lack thereof. Save yourself the headache and don't waste your time with this vendor. Purchased an item, waited for delivery, watched the tracking on UPS, suddenly item was shipped back from my area to their warehouse. I was NEVER contacted by anyone from PAS, and finally got through to someone ("Muhammed") via their website email form and was told "Pete" would call me after the weekend. No one ever called, of course as I figured, so I dialed them and some kid on the phone, actively deferring my call from going to "Pete" in Customer Service, tells me they can't do anything and that my order was pulled back on some ridiculous technicality with their security software, an issue which I've never heard of or experienced in hundreds of seamless online transactions. He urged me to reorder with PayPal or another option because my "high price order" as he stated (a whopping $600 oooh) was some kind of worry for them, and that "this is normal" and happens to them all the time. Well it's not normal to me. The best part is, all the while the funds for this item have been pulled from my account by ProAudioStar, I haven't been refunded, or emailed or contacted by anyone, and they've known about this for over a week. What a joke."

This review was modified by username98765 on March 20 2017 02:45:01 PM

2017-03-18

Selling items they don't have

"Ordered a Ltd 256. Claimed they had them in stock on reverb, I checked their website it was out of stock. Emailed them to let them know it was out of stock ( had been for sometime), they said lol oh yes do it is. Seeing as they had my money I had seen a Ltd 401 open box at 475, I said take that one- they said it was not available but I could get one for 640, though the 401 was clearly in stock . That's a huge upsell - -What!! Now they just posted the one I wanted again at 475??!! But try and get it!! Ibought a 256 already.so I'm double ****.,,What is going on at this place. Id buy from someone else - something is wrong at this place - avoid !! "

This review was modified by Markalfiefay on March 18 2017 06:15:02 AM

2017-03-15

UNPROFESSIONAL , Dissappointment !

"Unprofessional. My order was allegedly shipped on Monday. I ordered on Friday. Didn't receive an email until two days after the ship out day saying the product was backordered for 5-6 weeks. I've been tracking this order for two days. How is this possible ? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't suggest anyone to order from you guys again. If an item isn't available take it off the website. "

This review was modified by andreoverstreet10 on March 15 2017 11:30:02 AM

2017-01-26

Pro audio don't believe the Snype

"I have no stake in pas - but they do a lot of business - they upgraded my order from
Open box to new for a voice live 3 -
Expedited and professional these guys are musicians like u n me -- no one asked me to write this u do 10 million customers usually only the complaints review

This review was modified by katman77 on January 26 2017 03:30:02 PM

2017-01-12

Great Prices, Speedy Service !

"I recently purchased an amp head from these guys and found that I could buy the same head from them, cheaper, brand new as opposed to buying the same item, used, from most anyone else. Also, I ordered my item on a Sunday night and got the item the following Thursday before noon! (It would have been Wednesday, but foul weather delayed shipping one day) The only negative thing that I have to report is poor packaging. Luckily, mine arrived safe and sound, with only a small tear in the box. It could have been much worse and I would have sent it back. They ship the products in the factory box that they came in. They should put the factory box in a larger box with some packing material to help keep it from getting damaged. Other than that, I was very happy with my shopping experience."

This review was modified by mcclain_carl on January 12 2017 05:00:02 PM

2016-12-25

Pleasing Price But Poor Packaging

"I ordered an acoustic-electric instrument because the price was too good to pass up. Shipped promptly and delivered in a reasonable amount of time. On receipt, the packaging appeared to be damaged - it was just the sort of guitar box you would see on the showroom floor of a store like guitar center, with no frills or even advertising. Although there was no obvious damage to the instrument, it appears that one of the tuning mechanisms might have been bent during shipping, making it more difficult to turn. Having read other reviews, and shared my experience with the manufacturer, I will not be contacting ProAudioStar customer service or trying to return this item. I am pleased with the price, but not with how the product was packaged and delivered. Rather than risk an experience like many other mail order customers of this store, I will either play with the stiff tuner, seek help from the manufacturer, or replace it myself, "

2016-12-23

Shady return Policy

"They have great prices but they are very shady with there return/exchange policy. Be careful with returning anything as they told me I would get a 5% restocking charged but they gave me a %15 charge a $100 value in additional charges. They said I opened the box but I know for a fact that i didn't . Maybe it was checked or opened at the factory or during the delivery process. None the less they charged me %15 restocking fee because it was a "opened box". I ended up buying what I needed from Guitar Center and they match the price and said I could return it in full within 60 days open box or not. My advice is to use them as a price match and not buy from them. I really feel like they screwed me over but you live and you learn.

2016-12-19

Great deals ruined by bad customer service

"ProAudioStar often offers deals on synth/midi gear that you won't be able to find anywhere else, but taking advantage of this is a bit of a gamble. Earlier this year, ProAudioStar neglected to ship out my order for a month after I placed it -- turns out that they never actually had the product in the first place. I called and asked about the status of the product on multiple occasions and was told at every step of the way that it would be shipping within two days, I not only didn't get that deal, I also missed out on another promotion that I could have taken advantage of had I been able to receive that product and register it with the manufacturer.
Just earlier today, I made another purchase from them and was informed that I could get free expedited shipping if I called or contacted them via chat. After nearly two hours of waiting for a response to a message (during business hours!), I had to go for their regular shipping option.
ProAudioStar may carry some great gear, but they definitely make promises that they can't keep.

2016-11-01

Read Before You Buy

"After a lot of tug of war within myself I'm compelled to relay my interactions ProAudio Star rep Chris Kunitz.
As info, I'm a solo vocal with six string acoustic doing Friday and Saturdays at a five star dive bar down in the swamps of jersey. I know, don't know whether to laugh or cry. But it's fun and fortunately it's not my livelihood.
I've made a few purchases from ProAudio Star without incident. Always polite, good prices from this young man named Dan.
Call to make a needed purchase early this past summer. Informed that Dan had moved on, as told to me by a well spoken mellow young man named Chris. Seemed like a good guy, not a hint of heady sarcasm and after making numerous purchases I had no reason not to purchase the component from my new rep Chris Kunitz.

Didn't receive a purchase confirmation. Didn't think twice just happy to know I'll soon be able to actually move in my tiny corner without feedback.
Over a week, nothing. Don't want to be a ****. Two weeks, damn. I hope nothing happened to this kid, Brooklyn isn't Disneyland. Make a call, Chris says they're out of stock he's going to drop ship from the distributor. Great !
The kid is ok, stuffs on the way.
Chris also stated that ProAudio Star has been getting some bad reviews and could I write something up and name him specifically. Sure my man. I fire off a glowing review on their ProAudio Star site naming Chris Kunitz with email.
Chris was right, I was reading some horror stories in the thousands of dollars, bait and switch etc. who are these people talking about ??
Another week ? What the hell is going on here ?
Call the store, was put on hold for I guess ten minutes. Chris comes on says everything is good my stuff is coming. Ok my man did you like the review? (It's still their)
Another week nothing.
Beginning to realize the horrible reviews I read about are happening to me.
Component is delivered. Opened the box, well the inner box looks like it spent a couple of days in the gorilla cage at the Bronx zoo. Open it up, contents is stuffed in the box. Wasn't a drop ship, it came from Brooklyn. Must be a demo, plug it in, channel five is out. At this point I'm going to Brooklyn. My wife says you don't know the outcome of going to Brooklyn. Call the guy.
I call, get put on hold then disconnected. Call again Chris wasn't their but I talk to another rep Brandon and explained my issue .
I can't believe I'm "that guy."
I kept it simple, component doesn't work what should I do ? He said send it back, and me being the good soldier sent it back. Now they have my money and my stuff. That's the last I was able to connect to them. Completely blocked.
I don't know what happened to Chris. Maybe he fell on hard times or who knows. I don't know him. What I do know is Chris Kunitz made a conscious decision to keep my money and play me out , asking me to write a personal review about him.
I'm a good guy with a wife that loves me and three children that are the center of my world.
Had Chris asked me for a forever loan due to what ever I would have surly helped him out. Life has been good to me I'm thankful but I remember the tough times. He certainly wouldn't have been the first person I've helped as I'm sure you people are of the same mind set.
Times change people change.

Chris Kunitz robbed and conned me.

And to you personally Chris Kunitz, you've proven yourself to be nothing more than a hoodlum. You've really made good with your career choice.
You're that guy in the elevator who abuses a dog after the doors close.
There are two people living inside of you.
Your parents must be proud.

2016-07-25

Worth the wait, Got a good deal

"So I ordered a Focusrite 18i20 audio interface. My product was discontinued and out of stock. Nick offered me a great deal, beat my expectations and I saved a lot. He had told me that I'd have to wait two months for the shipment to come in, but instead, my product arrived in two weeks. I have no complaints and will go there for my next big purchase. "

This review was modified by alexyvettea on July 25 2016 04:38:53 AM

2016-06-15

great experience!

"cold-called these guys for a used equipment price comparison and ended up with a terrific deal on a new keyboard.

thank you, chris, for making this work!

i am a much happier working musician now and will not hesitate to call you again and will refer you to my colleagues!

This review was modified by chiv0 on June 15 2016 11:49:26 PM

2016-04-19

Poor communication

"I hesitate to give unfavorable reviews, but maybe this will benefit someone else. I have ordered twice from Pro Audio Star. The first time was for a 12 string guitar at a great price. I was approved for 0% credit from Affirm and received my order in about a week. Not as fast as some sellers, but not a deal breaker. Recently I ordered another couple of studio recording items. Both showed as shipped, but only one arrived. I sent an email to Pro Audio Star but received no reply. Finally I called customer service and was told the item was on backorder, even though it showed as in stock on the site. I was promised an update on when it would be available. The update never came. So I got on instant chat and was told the same thing. Still no update. So I sent an email requesting cancellation of the order and refund. To their credit, the refund came the next day. The two major issues I had were items showing as in stock when they were not and lack of followup communication as promised. I would hesitate to order again."

This review was modified by tlcpaintco on April 19 2016 08:56:05 PM

2016-03-22

Better Than Expected

"I had never heard of ProAudioStar, but needed a Universal Audio Satellite OCTO and was drawn to the allure of easy credit. Applied for the credit, got approved, and had made my purchase in no time...

Don't recall how but I soon stumbled upon way too many negative reviews. A common thread in many complaints were regarding used or discounted gear, or items not in stock. My UA hardware would be full price new in the box. Still these complaints made me nervous so I called to inquire about shipping.

All internet chats and phone conversations were pleasant and professional.

Nick told me the item wasn't in stock, which surprised me because it appeared to be at time of purchase. I mentioned the negative reviews and was assured they sell 4000 items a month and mine simply needed to be ordered.

Here's the thing. They appear to drop ship. Meaning there may be some items they do not stock deeply. Instead they order and have the manufacturer ship the item directly to you. In this case drop shipping became a worst case scenario. I'm in Los Angeles. Universal Audio is also in California but DOES NOT DROP SHIP... So I had to wait for UA to ship my package to New York before ProAudioStar then shipped to me in LA.

What should have taken 4 days, took 10... Other than that, my product is perfect and I have no complaints.

This review was modified by Mike-B.LA on March 22 2016 08:38:04 AM

2016-03-09

Awesome Service

"Pro Audio Star has more than exceeded my expectations on shipment of product and always having the best price. "

This review was modified by bgibbons1 on March 09 2016 07:42:45 AM

Share ProAudioStar's store rating

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member
ProAudioStar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!