Stores > ProAudioStar

Product & services pricing Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10

"I can't say enough about the quality service provided to me by the guys at ProAudioStar. Not only did I get the best price anywhere, but they handled my return promptly, professionally, and with courtesy. The bass guitar I ordered had a minor defect, but they gladly agreed to an exchange which was handled quickly. Brendan in the returns department kept me informed every step of the way. The bass I received in exchange is perfect! I had read several poor reviews about PAS and was a little leery at first. I have to say that my experience was extremely positive and I would encourage my musician friends to shop ProAudioStar for all their musical equipment and professional audio needs."

This review was modified by bassplyr123 on November 11 2015 04:22:01 PM

"I saw a refurbished monitor (EV ELX112) in stock on Sunday night; called the next day to ask if it was still in stock. They said yes. would arrive on Friday, next Monday at the latest.

2 weeks later, it's still not here. I call to ask; they say it's on back order. Not only that, they lie to my face and tell me they said when I ordered that it would be 3-4 weeks.

Can't say anything about the quality of the product; it never arrived. Needless to say, I cancelled my order.

"Proaudiostar beat the lowest online price I could find for a specific pair of monitors. They shipped within a day and it arrived without any problem. I'm a little shocked to see the low ratings here, as I've heard they had a good reputation (and if I'd seen these low ratings it might have scared me off). Anyway, I had a really good experience."

""Take The Money And Run"
Ordered 2 items totaling nearly $2000 One of the 2 items was being dropped shipped. Two days later still no "Items Shipped" notice. Contacted ProAudio - Fed Ex tracking order (which I never received) was invalid. They had to resubmit the order = 2 days lost
Drop Ship Item:
Waited 10 days still no package. Contacted ProAudio - Fed Ex tracking order (which I never received) was again invalid. They resubmitted the order even after I specified in an email to them not to (no internal communication). In addition it was being shipped from California STANDARD FED EX! Figure they would have at least made the effort to get it to me quicker to retain a "valued customer". This item acts as a digital snake. Will have to rent a 100' copper snake for 2 gigs because I did not receive this item.
The first incident about 10 months ago initially told me another $2000 item was in stock. Called back and said he was mistaken but they would have it in three days and ship it out then. Five days later: I called and spoke with someone else. Said they were not expecting the item for another 3 weeks. Cancelled the order and received a refund. Ordered from another NY company and received it following day.
I am a semi-professional musician/sound man. People hire me - I get paid. This company has cost me $$$.They should concentrate on their "Brick and Mortar" and get out of the mail order business.

This review was modified by nick_metro on September 18 2015 06:57:47 AM

"Here is a full description of my experience with Pro AudioStar.com: After placing a purchase order for a pair of used Mackie HD1521 2-Way 15-inch Powered Loudspeaker for $549 each on Saturday July 18th, I received an email almost immediately from them saying: 'Thank you for your order from ProAudioStar. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. Most orders ship signature required. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at...' I thought that was odd; I did not understand what they meant by, 'once your package ships, we will send an email...' So, my question was: How long do I have to wait (until my package ships)? After waiting for several days, I received nothing. So, by Wednesday the following week, I decided to call them. I didn't get much help about the specific status of my order, other than being told to wait. The next day, I called them again, and spoke to a different person; he said the same thing. So, I went online and start reading feedback from customers who previously had experience with this site; it was a mixed bag. There seemed to be equally good and bad feedback, but at least I was reassured that the site was a bona fide business. The following day, Friday, July 24th, I received an email from a person named Daniel Pinto who informed me that the product I ordered was sold out, but due to a clerical error the speakers were still listed as available on the website. He offered me another brand - the EV EKX15P - which he said is very similar to Mackie HD1521, or better, or as an alternative to this counter-offer, he could issue me a full refund. So, I responded by agreeing to switch to the EV brand only if Pro AudioStar.com matched the price that I would have paid for the Mackies. I got an immediate response from Mr. Pinto, saying that he couldn't make that deal, but he offered me a different model for the same price - a pair of new, EV ELX15P - and added that he would throw in a pair of cables as a sweetner. I accepted the offer. Mr. Pinto told me that he would try to swap the orders out for me if not that same day (Friday), no later than the following Monday, July 27th. And so, I waited again to receive email notice of the shipping and receipt of the delivery tracking number. But, like before, I didn't hear anything. So, by Friday July 31, I sent Mr. Pinto another email asking if the order was in transit, because I hadn't received an email from them with a tracking number. Again, Mr. Pinto responded right away, and said he thought it was odd that I haven't receive the delivery tracking number, which he enclosed in his response. Needless to say, I was relieved and felt reassured.
I received my order on August 4th, a bit longer than the anticipated two weeks, but, hey, I got what was promised/agreed to - brand new speakers and a pair of mic cables that retail for $34.95 each.
I've only had the speakers for a couple of days, but I do think they are worth it; in fact, I think I got a pretty good deal. I rate the EVs at 5 stars. The customer service, however, would be a 1, if not for Mr. Pinto. On the one hand, the website advertised a deal that was not available. I thought maybe that was a ploy to pull in customers, and then, when they are primed to get something they really want, the company offers a different deal. But that didn't happen, I don't believe; I do think it was a clerical error. Because I had to wait several days and place several calls to find out that the product was not available. But then there is the fact that I did not receive the promised shipping confirmation for the product that I did purchase.
I'm just being totally honest, so here is the rest of it: Mr. Pinto's customer service does deserve a 5-star rating. He had to give me the bad news; I think he was straight with me. He couldn't meet my initial counter-offer. But in the end, he offered what I do believe was a fair compromise and a good deal. He was responsive and helpful, and, provided that he is indicative of the sales group at Pro AudioStar, and not an exception, I would give the customer service I received 5 stars, thanks to Mr. Pinto. So, I would do business with Pro AudioStar.com again, but I might start by asking for Mr. Pinto.

This review was modified by AnnaReynolds123 on August 05 2015 11:17:14 AM

"Bought a refurbed Hughes and Kettner amp from them online. My account was charged the next day and the amp showed up about 4 days later. But it was the wrong amp. I called and they sent me a return packing label. So I boxed it back up and shipped it back, at which time they promised to ship me the correct amp. 2 weeks go by- nothing.
So I call again and am told some bs about mixup in shipping dept. but promised amp would absolutely ship that day. Another week passes; no amp and no call. Now more than 5 weeks have passed since original order.
So I call again, leave a message and get a call back the next day saying "sorry- we don't have anymore of those amps left. We'll have to refund your money."
Absolutely horrible experience with them from start to finish.

This review was modified by Babalugats85 on April 15 2015 09:33:17 AM

"I wish I could assign negative stars. I called them on a Monday morning looking for a keyboard. I spoke to someone named Mick. I clearly explained I needed the keyboard by the weekend for a gig. He assured me it would be no problem. He even looked at his shipping chart. It would take three days. Cool, I'd get it a day early at the worst. Then, I had to fill out some weird form and show them a copy of my drivers license for a $189 charge. Sweetwater never makes you do that. I followed my order up with multiple phone calls and emails. He assured me I was on his "must ship" list. Another full day later I get an automated email telling me my package shipped and it will be here on Monday, not Friday. Mick lied to me. Check the other reviews. This is what they do. Their customer support would have to dramatically improve just to SUCK. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake Stillman

This review was modified by GuitarPlayer12345 on April 09 2015 12:07:46 PM

"This place is brutally terrible. They must be going out of business. Paid them for stuff that never showed up. Same as most of the reviews here. Promises not delivered. Painful to see others had the same fate. I was hoping it was just me."

"I don’t know how to start; I’m so pissed off with these people. To begin with, I ordered a guitar from them on Oct 14, 2014. The deal was done and paid for and they assured me they had it in stock. They said it would be about 3-5 shipping days, which turned into almost 2 weeks. I was happy to finally receive the package until I opened it. I was shocked to find out it was not only what I ordered, but a much cheaper item. I called back to talk to a guy named Nick who I dealt with originally and he said to send it back via the UPS return stickers. I waited a week and called back, only to find out that Nick no longer worked there. I was told to talk to a guy named Dean who knew nothing about the purchase, but said the item had been on back order, but I should have it by early November. I did not receive the item nor tracking number, so had to call back. I was told that Dean no longer worked there. I believe by then, I was talking to a guy named Nick, who said I would be looking at late November. I called them back and this time the person told me I was looking at late December. I should have been leery at that point with such a turnover of employees. I actually agreed to take a similar product for the same money. Again a week came and went and I had to call them back. I was told the item had not been shipped because they were so busy with cyber Friday. In the meantime, I ran into the Fender rep in my area that seemed to agree I was being taken for a ride, which left me no other option but to ask for my money back. I have never heard of anybody running your credit card through before invoicing and shipping your item. These people had the money out of the bank five minutes after I originally talked to them. My hope is that they have the money back in the account within the 2-3 business days they promised. I may add that my name is Billy Hancock and I am a fairly well known recording artist. They know that as well. If they would do this to me, they would do it to anyone. I do not recommend anyone using this company. I hope for their sake and mine they refund my money. I can take B***S*** and lies but misrepresentation and fraud is another thing all together.
Billy (Pissed off) Hancock

This review was modified by billyhancock on December 05 2014 06:20:52 PM

"fixed. all issues resolved in a timely manner."

This review was modified by dgeorge827 on December 02 2014 12:54:09 PM

"Ordered a synthesizer with the carrying bag. But they shipped only the synthesizer, no bag inside!
Also the servise is bad. Don't wanna have business with this store anymore.

"Bought Beyerdynamic T90 at an open-box deal, The 'phones arrived as new and minty by the smell of them :)

Great customer experience for me.

"Ordered 3 cordless mics on Friday. Money posted to account on Monday. Called me Monday evening to tell me the items are no longer available. Called Wednesday morning about refund. Told it would happen Wed or by close of business Thursday. Called Friday and was told it can take 48 hours for refund to post. Pointed out it had already been 48 hours. Told it might take 72 hours, but it had been posted on their side after I requested it. Why do I have to request a refund for a cancelled order? I'm still waiting on my money! Won't being doing business with them again."

This review was modified by sm440 on September 27 2013 07:27:51 AM

"I bought a Marshall MG50CFX amp on 2-20-2013, buy calling direct. Price was a great deal. Received an email of purchase and email said my tracking number will soon follow. Waited till the next day and still no tracking number. Called and emailed several time and only got 1 response back from someone named Dan, saying it will ship on 2-21-2013. Point of view was that I never received my tracking number until the 3rd day after UPS tried to deliver to my house.Luck have it ,called someone next door to check my door, and they ran down the street to catch the driver from UPS. Have to rate the shipping department POOR. I would have stayed home knowing my Amp was going to be delivered on 2-22-2013."

"I strongly recommend ProAudioStar. I ordered a pro. keyboard online at a very low price and very fast and excellent condition I received it. Thanks to ProAudioStar and all hardworking reps. Excellent Job"

Share ProAudioStar's store rating

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member
ProAudioStar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!