Stores > ProAudioStar

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
2016-12-25

Pleasing Price But Poor Packaging

"I ordered an acoustic-electric instrument because the price was too good to pass up. Shipped promptly and delivered in a reasonable amount of time. On receipt, the packaging appeared to be damaged - it was just the sort of guitar box you would see on the showroom floor of a store like guitar center, with no frills or even advertising. Although there was no obvious damage to the instrument, it appears that one of the tuning mechanisms might have been bent during shipping, making it more difficult to turn. Having read other reviews, and shared my experience with the manufacturer, I will not be contacting ProAudioStar customer service or trying to return this item. I am pleased with the price, but not with how the product was packaged and delivered. Rather than risk an experience like many other mail order customers of this store, I will either play with the stiff tuner, seek help from the manufacturer, or replace it myself, "

2016-12-23

Shady return Policy

"They have great prices but they are very shady with there return/exchange policy. Be careful with returning anything as they told me I would get a 5% restocking charged but they gave me a %15 charge a $100 value in additional charges. They said I opened the box but I know for a fact that i didn't . Maybe it was checked or opened at the factory or during the delivery process. None the less they charged me %15 restocking fee because it was a "opened box". I ended up buying what I needed from Guitar Center and they match the price and said I could return it in full within 60 days open box or not. My advice is to use them as a price match and not buy from them. I really feel like they screwed me over but you live and you learn.

2016-12-19

Great deals ruined by bad customer service

"ProAudioStar often offers deals on synth/midi gear that you won't be able to find anywhere else, but taking advantage of this is a bit of a gamble. Earlier this year, ProAudioStar neglected to ship out my order for a month after I placed it -- turns out that they never actually had the product in the first place. I called and asked about the status of the product on multiple occasions and was told at every step of the way that it would be shipping within two days, I not only didn't get that deal, I also missed out on another promotion that I could have taken advantage of had I been able to receive that product and register it with the manufacturer.
Just earlier today, I made another purchase from them and was informed that I could get free expedited shipping if I called or contacted them via chat. After nearly two hours of waiting for a response to a message (during business hours!), I had to go for their regular shipping option.
ProAudioStar may carry some great gear, but they definitely make promises that they can't keep.

2016-11-01

Read Before You Buy

"After a lot of tug of war within myself I'm compelled to relay my interactions ProAudio Star rep Chris Kunitz.
As info, I'm a solo vocal with six string acoustic doing Friday and Saturdays at a five star dive bar down in the swamps of jersey. I know, don't know whether to laugh or cry. But it's fun and fortunately it's not my livelihood.
I've made a few purchases from ProAudio Star without incident. Always polite, good prices from this young man named Dan.
Call to make a needed purchase early this past summer. Informed that Dan had moved on, as told to me by a well spoken mellow young man named Chris. Seemed like a good guy, not a hint of heady sarcasm and after making numerous purchases I had no reason not to purchase the component from my new rep Chris Kunitz.

Didn't receive a purchase confirmation. Didn't think twice just happy to know I'll soon be able to actually move in my tiny corner without feedback.
Over a week, nothing. Don't want to be a ****. Two weeks, damn. I hope nothing happened to this kid, Brooklyn isn't Disneyland. Make a call, Chris says they're out of stock he's going to drop ship from the distributor. Great !
The kid is ok, stuffs on the way.
Chris also stated that ProAudio Star has been getting some bad reviews and could I write something up and name him specifically. Sure my man. I fire off a glowing review on their ProAudio Star site naming Chris Kunitz with email.
Chris was right, I was reading some horror stories in the thousands of dollars, bait and switch etc. who are these people talking about ??
Another week ? What the hell is going on here ?
Call the store, was put on hold for I guess ten minutes. Chris comes on says everything is good my stuff is coming. Ok my man did you like the review? (It's still their)
Another week nothing.
Beginning to realize the horrible reviews I read about are happening to me.
Component is delivered. Opened the box, well the inner box looks like it spent a couple of days in the gorilla cage at the Bronx zoo. Open it up, contents is stuffed in the box. Wasn't a drop ship, it came from Brooklyn. Must be a demo, plug it in, channel five is out. At this point I'm going to Brooklyn. My wife says you don't know the outcome of going to Brooklyn. Call the guy.
I call, get put on hold then disconnected. Call again Chris wasn't their but I talk to another rep Brandon and explained my issue .
I can't believe I'm "that guy."
I kept it simple, component doesn't work what should I do ? He said send it back, and me being the good soldier sent it back. Now they have my money and my stuff. That's the last I was able to connect to them. Completely blocked.
I don't know what happened to Chris. Maybe he fell on hard times or who knows. I don't know him. What I do know is Chris Kunitz made a conscious decision to keep my money and play me out , asking me to write a personal review about him.
I'm a good guy with a wife that loves me and three children that are the center of my world.
Had Chris asked me for a forever loan due to what ever I would have surly helped him out. Life has been good to me I'm thankful but I remember the tough times. He certainly wouldn't have been the first person I've helped as I'm sure you people are of the same mind set.
Times change people change.

Chris Kunitz robbed and conned me.

And to you personally Chris Kunitz, you've proven yourself to be nothing more than a hoodlum. You've really made good with your career choice.
You're that guy in the elevator who abuses a dog after the doors close.
There are two people living inside of you.
Your parents must be proud.

2016-07-25

Worth the wait, Got a good deal

"So I ordered a Focusrite 18i20 audio interface. My product was discontinued and out of stock. Nick offered me a great deal, beat my expectations and I saved a lot. He had told me that I'd have to wait two months for the shipment to come in, but instead, my product arrived in two weeks. I have no complaints and will go there for my next big purchase. "

This review was modified by alexyvettea on July 25 2016 04:38:53 AM

2016-06-15

great experience!

"cold-called these guys for a used equipment price comparison and ended up with a terrific deal on a new keyboard.

thank you, chris, for making this work!

i am a much happier working musician now and will not hesitate to call you again and will refer you to my colleagues!

This review was modified by chiv0 on June 15 2016 11:49:26 PM

2016-04-19

Poor communication

"I hesitate to give unfavorable reviews, but maybe this will benefit someone else. I have ordered twice from Pro Audio Star. The first time was for a 12 string guitar at a great price. I was approved for 0% credit from Affirm and received my order in about a week. Not as fast as some sellers, but not a deal breaker. Recently I ordered another couple of studio recording items. Both showed as shipped, but only one arrived. I sent an email to Pro Audio Star but received no reply. Finally I called customer service and was told the item was on backorder, even though it showed as in stock on the site. I was promised an update on when it would be available. The update never came. So I got on instant chat and was told the same thing. Still no update. So I sent an email requesting cancellation of the order and refund. To their credit, the refund came the next day. The two major issues I had were items showing as in stock when they were not and lack of followup communication as promised. I would hesitate to order again."

This review was modified by tlcpaintco on April 19 2016 08:56:05 PM

2016-03-22

Better Than Expected

"I had never heard of ProAudioStar, but needed a Universal Audio Satellite OCTO and was drawn to the allure of easy credit. Applied for the credit, got approved, and had made my purchase in no time...

Don't recall how but I soon stumbled upon way too many negative reviews. A common thread in many complaints were regarding used or discounted gear, or items not in stock. My UA hardware would be full price new in the box. Still these complaints made me nervous so I called to inquire about shipping.

All internet chats and phone conversations were pleasant and professional.

Nick told me the item wasn't in stock, which surprised me because it appeared to be at time of purchase. I mentioned the negative reviews and was assured they sell 4000 items a month and mine simply needed to be ordered.

Here's the thing. They appear to drop ship. Meaning there may be some items they do not stock deeply. Instead they order and have the manufacturer ship the item directly to you. In this case drop shipping became a worst case scenario. I'm in Los Angeles. Universal Audio is also in California but DOES NOT DROP SHIP... So I had to wait for UA to ship my package to New York before ProAudioStar then shipped to me in LA.

What should have taken 4 days, took 10... Other than that, my product is perfect and I have no complaints.

This review was modified by Mike-B.LA on March 22 2016 08:38:04 AM

2016-03-09

Awesome Service

"Pro Audio Star has more than exceeded my expectations on shipment of product and always having the best price. "

This review was modified by bgibbons1 on March 09 2016 07:42:45 AM

2016-02-10

Vindictive Service

"I called to ask about when I could expect my first order with them to be shipped, as I had only received an order number from them, and in over 24 hours the charge still hadn't shown up. The person on the other end was obviously upset about something, talking about how "it's not Amazon" and other somewhat funny things. My impression is they are understaffed, but he was obviously trying to be abusive, and I didn't feel comfortable ordering from them anymore. I asked him to cancel my order. He pretended to, but it was obvious from the tone of his voice he hadn't. He also spoke with the authority of being management or the owner. I didn't feel speaking with him any longer would be useful, so I hung up and immediately contacted my bank. I'm currently in the dispute process. I'll never shop with them again."

This review was modified by laice on February 10 2016 03:04:10 PM

2016-01-13

Bait and switch games

"The company may try to get you to upgrade then say they are out of stock if you refuse. Here are the facts for my experience with ProAudioStar:

1/10/2016: I purchased a used Mackie ProFX12 V2 from the ProAudioStar web site
1/11/2016 @ 8:15am: I get an email from Dan at ProAudioStar and he tells me that for $19 more I can get a brand new unit of the same model. I called the number listed in the email. Someone answered and I told them I need to talk to Dan beacuse he emailed me. They ask if it is regarding an upgrade. I tell them yes. They respond by telling me that Dan will only respond to emails and that I should reply to his email. At this point get a funny feeling about the deal because they asked me if it was for an upgrade - a sure sign that they do this all the time. I want to see how it plays out so I respond to the email by politely refusing. A used model will fit my needs just fine.
1/11/2016 @ 1:46pm: I get this email from Tom at ProAudioStar (copy/pasted):
Thank you for your purchase. Unfortunately we have just sold out of the last BLAH Mackie ProFX12.I apologize for the inconvenience. We do have more of these on order with the manufacturer and we expect them to arrive in 7 to 14 days. Are you willing to wait? If so, we will ship it to you as soon as we receive our new shipment. Otherwise, we can refund you for this purchase right away. Please let us know how you would like to proceed and free to contact us if you have any other concerns.
Tom
PROAUDIOSTAR.COM
217 Russell St.
Brooklyn NY 11222
PHONE - 718-522-1071

Apparently they get shipments of used equipment from Mackie? That doesn't make any sense. I emailed back immediately and told them to cancel the order.

Both new and used listings are still shown as available on their web site. They charged my credit card for the full amount on 1/11/2016 even though they claim to be out of stock, but I have not seen a refund credit yet. Disputes are easy to submit with my credit card company so I'm not too worried. I don't like the games they are playing and I am not wasting any more of time with them.

This review was modified by dougk49 on January 13 2016 04:51:52 PM

2016-01-09

"Terrible, just terrible. I purchased an Elektron Machinedrum for a pretty good discount. 7 BUSINESS days pass they still did not ship it out... I called, I emailed, I called, I chatted with their customer service department and all I got was the run-around. On the phone they act like rude taxi cab drivers from New York, how fitting...Well I had to file a complaint with my financial establishment because the money has not appeared in my account. No confirmation, no cancellation email, matter of fact my Account status on their site says the Machinedrum is still "Processing" same thing it has said since I ordered it. I try to imagine what kind of headache I would have to deal with if there was a need for an actual product return...They may be more inclined to do their job if you go through eBay because they, I assume do not want to lose face with that company. Good grief stay away from ProAudioStar.com. "

This review was modified by Vaporsix on January 09 2016 02:26:34 PM

2015-11-09

"I can't say enough about the quality service provided to me by the guys at ProAudioStar. Not only did I get the best price anywhere, but they handled my return promptly, professionally, and with courtesy. The bass guitar I ordered had a minor defect, but they gladly agreed to an exchange which was handled quickly. Brendan in the returns department kept me informed every step of the way. The bass I received in exchange is perfect! I had read several poor reviews about PAS and was a little leery at first. I have to say that my experience was extremely positive and I would encourage my musician friends to shop ProAudioStar for all their musical equipment and professional audio needs."

This review was modified by bassplyr123 on November 11 2015 04:22:01 PM

2015-10-02

"I saw a refurbished monitor (EV ELX112) in stock on Sunday night; called the next day to ask if it was still in stock. They said yes. would arrive on Friday, next Monday at the latest.

2 weeks later, it's still not here. I call to ask; they say it's on back order. Not only that, they lie to my face and tell me they said when I ordered that it would be 3-4 weeks.

Can't say anything about the quality of the product; it never arrived. Needless to say, I cancelled my order.

2015-09-24

"Proaudiostar beat the lowest online price I could find for a specific pair of monitors. They shipped within a day and it arrived without any problem. I'm a little shocked to see the low ratings here, as I've heard they had a good reputation (and if I'd seen these low ratings it might have scared me off). Anyway, I had a really good experience."

Share ProAudioStar's store rating

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ProAudioStar is not a merchant member
ProAudioStar does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!