"BEST STORE , fast ship and good emotion"

"Despite what you may think, the worst nightmare for a customer is NOT having to deal with a company that does not deliver on what the company says it will do. Rather, the worst nightmare for a customer is dealing with a company they cannot trust.

Printsasia is a company you cannot fully trust.

I should have listened to all the reviews on this website -- and the "F" grade rating on the Better Business Bureau website -- but I always like to the give the benefit of the doubt to independent businesses. I wouldn't call Printsasia a scam, but it probably isn't a company you want to be dealing with, especially if you are in a rush to get a book within a specific timeframe.

I ordered a book two weeks ago, and I was told, via the live chat feature on the Printsasia website, that the book was "brand new" and "in stock" at their "New York warehouse". At the conclusion of the chat feature, I was given the option to have the chat transcript emailed to me. I, of course, opted for this option, in order to have company claims in writing, but the transcript never arrived in my email inbox (I even checked my spam folder).

A week later, my book still hadn't arrived (nor had it been shipped). I re-opened a live chat and asked the customer service representative why my book still hadn't arrived from New York, since they claimed shipment "usually" occurs within 3 business days and since I'm only in Connecticut.

Here is a summary of the conversation that ensued:

*They tell me the book was not in stock at their NY warehouse.
*I tell them that THAT'S A LIE since I was told that the book was available at their warehouse.
*They tell me that ACTUALLY the book was damaged at the NY warehouse and that they had to find the book in another warehouse.
*I tell them that THAT'S A LIE since I was told that the book was brand new.
*They tell me that ACTUALLY the book was not in good condition upon further checking.
*I tell them that I am very close to reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and writing poorly about them on consumer review websites. I further state that I hope they can make it up to me by shipping the book expedited.
*They tell me that they don't ship expedited.
*I tell them that I feel they don't care for their customers and that I hope that I get my book soon.
*They ask me if there is anything else they can help me with.

Before the chat feature closed (which, conveniently for Printsasia, deletes the written live chat immediately afterwards), I took screen shots of the live chat to ensure that I had a record of my chat transcript, as I no longer trusted that it would actually be emailed to me (it wasn't).

I wait a second week and open up a third live chat session. I ask about the status of my order, and they tell me that my book is ready to be shipped. The next day I get a tracking order and the day after that my book arrives. I'm glad to report that the book is actually brand new (as was advertised), but similar to the experience of a previous reviewer on this website (JessMuch), I'm suspicious of the fact that my book wasn't shipped until AFTER I asked about the status of my order. I mean seriously, what kind of business is this? It's like they don't send things to you unless they are under direct pressure to do so.

Honestly, what makes me most upset about this company is that they LIE and MAKE UP EXCUSES to wiggle their way out of anything. If they were simply upfront about things and said that they offer low prices on books in exchange for DRASTICALLY slower shipping times, then they probably wouldn't have angered the majority of the people ranting about them on this website.

I'm giving Printsasia 2 stars because the price of the book was dirt cheap and there were a lot of coupon codes that were available for me to use on Retailmenot.com. However, for service and reliability, know that Printsasia is among the worst.

One additional comment: Printsasia supposedly has over 102,000 likes on Facebook, yet the majority of user-initiated posts on their Facebook page are complaints about not receiving books in a timely manner, with many exclaiming something to the extent of, "I will never order through this company again." Take from that what you will.

"I ordered a book through this company back on 5-31-13 & it wasn't until AFTER I sent an email on 6-10-13 that they shipped it on 6-11-13. This book was SUPPOSED to be a Father's Day gift & now it won't arrive until 6-17-13. I WILL NEVER order through this company again!!"

modified review This review was modified by JessMuch on June 13 2013 12:05:06 PM

"PrintsAsia.com is a great source for ordering rare/hard to find books from Asia. They have a very exhaustive collection. The shipping is also not very much considering that they are shipping books from half way across the world and that too in time.

My only complaint is that the publishers catalog is not updated frequently.

All the books I have ordered have been delivered in their situplated time - well packaged.

Keep in mind the some books are coming from different country so
it takes time to get them here - still they are able to do that in decent time.

I will keep buying from them...

"Bait-and-switch...
Printsasia.com took 5 days to inform me the book I ordered was out of stock. When I ordered the book, Printsasia indicated it was in stock. Now their site has been updated to show the book is in stock but the price is more than twice the amount I originally ordered it for. This is false advertising and it wasted much of my time. The site needs to be more upfront in how it operates. For example "usually ships in 5 days" means it may never ship at all unless you are willing to pay a lot more.

"PrintsAsia is NOT Amazon. This is not Amazon service.
They do carry English-language titles that are published overseas that are nowhere in Amazon's catalog, and at very good prices.
The positive: Titles you can't find elsewhere in the states and at prices close the Asian prices.
They provided a tracking number for shipping.
The negative: They ship when they get around to it, probably after they have to hunt to find the books.
Some of the books were in less than pristine condition; missing dust jackets, slight water damage. I suspect this explains the low prices, though they were not labeled as damaged.
I would order from again, but do not expect the book to be 'like new.'
Hint: Retailmenot has some coupons for this vendor, including reduced shipping.

"Worst experience ever! I first found this site and was excited because of their lower prices - however, if it seems too good to be true then it is. I placed my order with them, and as I wanted to send the book as a gift, I had a different shipping and billing address. They emailed me the next day saying that this was a problem, so I'd need to provide a copy of my credit card or place my payment through paypal. So I sent my payment through paypal thinking that it was probably the speedier option. However, with this site, nothing was speedy. They refused to confirm receipt of my payment despite my constant emails. Then, after they confirmed my payment, they said that it would take still more time to ship, even though I had paid for expedited shipping! Frustrated, I cancelled my order and requested a refund, which they refused to provide saying that they had never received a payment at all! I had to claim through paypal to get my money back. Thank God I hadn't sent a copy of my credit card, that would've just been a whole other mess to sort out. Seriously, avoid at all costs! Pay the extra few dollars at amazon, because this site is just completely fraudulent. "

"The PrintsAsia store has got indeed a large selection of books but ordering process is ridiculous.
I tried to order one book twice and also twice needed to cancel my order. They put my order on hold until I faxed/ e-mailed them my front and back photocopy of my credit card. They explain the reason by finding a mismatch in my shipment details and credit card name. It seems to me that it is a fraud and would never suspect that a bookseller might ask for a photocopy of my card.

"Worst online order experience ever! I usually don't write reviews for purchases I make online, but this company is an exception. Printsasia never sent me a shipping confirmation, and they did not ship until I sent them an e-mail asking where my order was. It took a month to ship my book! They have poor communication and no phone number is provided to contact them if you want to speak with a live person. They never responded to my e-mail. I will never order from them again, and highly discourage anyone from doing business with them."

"From Singapore i placed my order online with printasia.com in JUNE 2010 ORDER #201006068753362423 . My credit card was charge on 16 June 2010 but to date (May 2011) I still have not received my books. Despite repeated message post on their web and emails, there is no response from them after their last reply on 27th DECEMBER 2010 when they promised to resend my book again via DHL! I visited their website and find that there are no contact person, no telephone listing and only an address in New York. I highly suspect Printasia.com is a fraudulent site. Even though I have been buying books online since late nineties but this is the 1st time i encounter such a cheat!
My piece of advice is try to do some homework before your purchase online.

modified review This review was modified by chyehin on May 04 2011 06:30:47 PM

Printsasia is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Printsasia is not a merchant member
Printsasia does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!