Stores > Priceline.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.33/10 0.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2016-05-22

NEVER use this company for travel!!

"After trying to plan a vacation thru Trivago, we were sent to Priceline.com, and from there all we got is problems and hassle. Their site said after we tried to purchase the hotel room we got an end page that said that "They could not complete our request but our card would not be charged". We got no email confirming this. No confirmation number. NOTHING. Except almost IMMEDIATELY, we had $126 charge pending on our debit card. So, curious, we called the Priceline phone number. And were put through an automated system of HELL. It took us five (FIVE) calls to actually get to a person, and when we got to a person, the female was outsourced from some other country and we could barely understand her due to her thick accent!! She confirmed our reservation was NOT made and that "Our card would not be charged". When we confronted her about "Hey, we WERE already charged, please explain", she then reverted to the "Well, we have to charge the card to make sure the card will work first, and all charges will be reversed in 3 to 7 business days". Right. Except our trip is supposed to be in five days, and now because you won't offer an IMMEDIATE refund, we can no longer go on our trip because Priceline is holding our funds. We can't book another hotel room when you won't release the money!! We are calling our bank first thing tomorrow and pressing fraudulent charges against Priceline. When we asked the non-American "customer service" lady about this point she stated that that is the policy and she can do nothing to change it. We will NEVER use Priceline again. NOT. EVER. Stay away. If you find yourself on Priceline's website from Trivago, immediately turn around and run screaming. Priceline will do NOTHING to help you but EVERYTHING to take your money without reason!!"

This review was modified by EFmad on May 22 2016 11:32:01 PM

2016-05-16

Priceline is a Fraud!!!!!!

"They have "Price Guaranteed" but that's only on line. if you find the price cheaper anywhere else they will not honor that guarantee. I travel a lot for work so I should know better. I thought I would try them for my personal trip but **** happens. I will NEVER EVER use them again!!!!!"

This review was modified by scout2401 on May 16 2016 03:06:03 PM

2016-05-13

Never use this website!

"Very disappointed in there customer service and quality of business. My husband and I booked a hotel in Nashville and the website booked it for the wrong days and refused to refund us the money. We called customer service directly after the booking. Representative had no idea what he was doing. Use Expedia, or another well known hotel search. "

2016-05-08

Stole money

"Even with confirmation from Hertz that they cancelled my car reservation due to my wife's illness, Priceline refused to refund my money. When asked why, they said because they could given our contract. Fair statement if you never want any business moving forward. I would avoid Priceline as with this level of customer service, it will not be long before others experience what I have and move to a better service provider. "

This review was modified by Wensinger on May 08 2016 07:52:12 AM

2016-04-28

THEIR GUARANTEE IS NO GUARANTEE

"Do not use this company. They will not guarantee the price will not be more upon arrival and you can not get your money back as they make up anything they want to justify ripping you off. Was told no fee, no restrictions for my two dogs and was told I need to pay $58 more dollars on a $66 dollar room. Priceline said it was because of the weight of my dogs but the clerk at the hotel did not even ask the weight what bull. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY."

2016-04-25

Fraudulent

"I bid on a four star hotel in downtown Charlotte, NC. The hotel Priceline gave me is not a four star hotel. It's in a poorly refurbished 1970's era hotel that was called the Adam's Mark which wasn't even a four star hotel in its heyday. Now it's been split into two bad hotels; Le Meridien and a Sheraton. I stayed there in January and it's not even a three star hotel. My brother described it as "a truck stop for travelling salesmen and junior executives." I called Priceline and the customer service representative whom I spoke with barely understood English. All I got from her was "It's a non-refundable fare." Perhaps those are the only words of English that Priceline taught her. Not only is Priceline operating on a fraudulent business model, they're outsourcing American jobs. I am going to file against them in small claims court. They probably won't even send a a lawyer to defend them. The judge will rule in my favor and I'll get my money back from Priceline and make them pay court costs. That's what I recommend everyone who feels defrauded by Priceline do."

This review was modified by Fetzer2 on April 25 2016 09:48:01 AM

2016-04-21

A Joke

"There is such a lack of communication between priceline and booking.com who is the sister company that handles the customer service issues...they bounced me back and forth for two f..ing hours saying i need to talk to the other about my booking issue...but when you call priceline customer service it automatically transfers u to booking.com customer service ...then they have the balls to tell me three different times this is booking.com ...u need to speak to priceline. But priceline keeps redirecting me to booking....dont do it to yourself ...find another site to fulfill your needs. i never ever wrote a review...but this is how pissed i am."

This review was modified by vinodsakhichand on April 21 2016 07:07:12 PM

2016-03-29

Worse than I expected!

"The hotel, Travelodge, was a disaster, I did expect low quality, but at least a certain degree of cleanliness! However, the linen was never changed for the whole time even though it had to be, on one bed, room didn't have the advertised kitchen, little wood bugs roaming everywhere, bad smell, dirt and grime in the bathroom and the furniture, sewage flies in the bathroom, horrible, moldy and old paint job on walls! I was afraid to let my kids walk barefoot on the carpet so they won't catch something, and I washed every last piece of clothing as soon as I got back home. Thank God we spent most of our time outside, but we had one rainy day and were stuck in this room. To add insult to the injury, one of the stores in the hotel plaza had a plumbing issue one morning, and we had to smell human waste from a couple of yards away from our room, during breakfast. The so called "continental breakfast" offered coffee (the worst I've ever had), pastries and bananas, and it was so crowded that we had to take our banana & muffins on the go. We only got it twice. The pool was old, smelly and falling apart, got out after 5 minutes. Not to mention some of the questionable local visitors at this motel, that came in that pool ... It was quite an interesting experience, to say the least! If the whole place is like our room, it needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt from scratch. It's a shame, even @ 50$ a night!
Also, HERTZ rental company is charging us a 25$ for 75 cents toll that we didn't have exact change to pay in Florida, and although we tried to pay it while still there, with credit card, they wouldn't accept it till it got processed, so they can charge us the extra money.
The airline, Frontier, charged us 40$ per bag. I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I would have packed my baggage differently. All the goodies in the plane must be purchased separately, nothing was included in this price, except for water.
I would like to make a suggestion: please let your customers know what they are buying, be a little more specific so they can make a more informed decision, even when it's a low cost trip. Maybe I would have made a different, more expensive choice, if I knew more details.

This review was modified by somedude16 on March 29 2016 12:59:16 PM

2016-03-14

The Worst

"I booked a hotel through one of Priceline's affiliates, Next Jump, 5 months in advance. They contacted me 2 days before my trip to say the hotel had no availability and they were moving me 2 miles outside of the city centre to a different hotel. When I arrived to that new hotel, they had no reservation for me. Priceline/Next Jump didn't actually book me a hotel but took my money. This is so unprofessional it's more like fraud. The hotel was fully booked but after an hour with hotel management they found me a room thanks to someone cancelling last minute - had that not happened, I would have been in a foreign country for 3 nights with no where to stay. After repeatedly calling and emailing them, they offered me a paltry refund of 30% which they issued to their affiliate, not me and told me I need to now follow up with the affiliate to have the refund passed down to me. Absolutely horrendous experience with Priceline and will never use them again. "

This review was modified by reviewer1239 on March 14 2016 10:35:25 AM

2016-02-19

Dont rent car from priceline(rentalcar.net)

"When we got to our destination it was 11pm at night. Advantage rental car had told us they ran out of cars. They wanted us to come back the next morning to see if they have any cars available. So we had to go to enterprise and paid double the price because it was same day rate. So I called the customer service line to see what they can do. They couldn't do anything about it. I've never experienced anything like this. DO NOT book with priceline.com. "

This review was modified by cindiparish on February 19 2016 03:58:24 PM

2016-01-25

Do not rent an Alamo car from Priceline! You won't get the kind of car that you paid for!

"I feel that it is false advertisement to advertise a Dodge Avenger or similar type of car to customers and then not honor that agreement. That is exactly what happened when I booked a "mid-size" Dodge Avenger or similar type of car through Priceline.

I arrived at the Alamo car rental counter at the Tampa airport and was very disappointed that the Alamo guy said that they have a different car classification structure than Priceline and that the Dodge Avenger is not a mid size car and that I would be stuck with a Ford Focus or something comparable. The guy at Alamo was rude and told me to take it up with Priceline. I got out of the line and called Priceline and spoke to the customer service rep and also to his supervisor. The supervisor spoke over the phone to the Alamo rep and the Alamo rep told him the dodge avenger is not considered a mid size car. After speaking with Alamo, Priceline would not even pay the difference between the Ford Focus and the car that they agreed to give me. The only solution they offered was to refund my money completely or take the Ford Focus or similar type of car...which by the way is advertised for a lower amount than the Dodge Avenger on Priceline's website. Horrible customer service.

Alamo was equally as bad in regards to their level of customer service. The guy that assisted me at the Tampa airport was very rude and after he was done explaining the reason for giving me a Ford Focus instead of the Dodge Avenger, he said that had a line of customers waiting....basically telling me to leave.

This review was modified by Beachlover01 on January 25 2016 12:17:16 PM

2016-01-14

Dishonest company that denied my valid cashback claim.

"Made several bookings through Quidco, following the correct procedure and very carefully (disabling blockers, plugins and even my AV).
All my transactions tracked in the Quidco system, however 2 months later they refused all cashback, and said there is no proof that the transactions were done through Qudico. Even though they are tracked in the system. Sadly Quidco were not prepared to do anything, and fobbed me off.
I have never had any of these problems through other major accommodation booking sites such Booking.com / Trivago,com / Expedia.com.
My honest advice, dont use Priceline.com unless you have to. DOnt support companies that behave in this manner, with dishonesty.

2015-12-22

"Booked a standard SUV through Priceline with Name Your Own Price. Got a great deal. Reservation was confirmed with Avis for a 12:30 am pickup time. I arrived at Avis desk at airport at reservation time and desk was closed. One other desk was open, so had to spend almost double to get a compact car. Priceline will not refund difference I paid. Poor customer service."

This review was modified by RTW2015 on December 22 2015 10:55:10 AM

2015-12-22

"I purchased a ticket for my Turkish fiancé (Five months of pay for a typical Turkish person) flying from Istanbul to Mexico City with the understanding from Priceline customer service that he would not need a transit visa if flying on the same airlines and was not going through customs. Then terrorist attacks in Paris happened and the transit visa rules started to become stricter, especially for Turkish citizens. I tried to change the ticket through Europe as we called every single embassy and asked about the changing rules. I was hysterically crying to the agents on two occasions (one put me on hold for 45 minutes) about the frustration of the visa change and about the situation who had absolutely NO compassion on the phone and told me the change in ticket price for a change in layover to Europe would cost an additional 8,000, pay up or hang up!!! I then tried everything in my power to try and obtain a transit visa for the three hours. I called Turkish airlines directly who told me that Priceline has locked them out of the system and were not allowed to change tickets. I called Aero-Mexico who told me the same thing, Priceline did not allow them to access the reservation. I called Priceline back who then told me to contact the airlines directly!!!!!!! Talk about the run around and highly highly unethical business practice to offer a solution that they know is impossible, that’s called LYING TO THE CUSTOMER! When a customer is complaining about a ticket being expensive and then the agent suggests a 8 times more expensive ticket is rude and degrading, followed up by making them chase around. My last ditch effort was to contact my congressman in my state. Can you believe that? Priceline would not help so I had to go to a congressman!!!! I had a meeting with my states representative that could not believe the story and the lengths that I had gone through. She sent a special message to the government who said that due to the increased terrorist threat they would not grant a transit visa regardless of the circumstances. I can send the formal email from the government regarding this request. This is all because Priceline would not refund my ticket or change the layover. Talk about capitalism at its finest! Now we have no money for the trip we had planned, its Christmas, and I am on the phone constantly with Priceline and the government trying to figure getting this ticket back. I was then handed to a manager who agreed with the situation and would look into refunding the ticket with Turkish airlines. He promised to call me back the next morning with a resolution. There was no call. I called the help desk, and the system could not find my number. I tried the chat help line and they told me to call someone else. Priceline give you the run around, steals your money, and leaves you with nothing. Good luck trying to get a hold of a person, or have your issue resolved as they frequently drop your call, put you on long wait lines, and promise to call you back and never do. Not only is the company inept at costumer service, they are also unethical and immoral as people (Islamaphobic?), to steal someone’s money and not let them change it or get their money back is stealing and poor business practice."

This review was modified by brmn06 on December 22 2015 10:06:24 AM

2015-12-05

" Beware of Priceline! They are deliberately deceiving consumers with their "express deals". What you click that – the map (location) you chose changes on the map but still lists the location you chose - but the hotel can be anywhere within the "new" map. In my case my hotel is 8 miles away from the airport – my selected area.. I will be taking the set with my credit card company. Beware Of PRICELINE. "

This review was modified by Seabone on December 05 2015 11:03:16 AM

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!