Stores > Priceline.com
  • Priceline.com

Voice your opinion! Review Priceline.com by clicking a star below.
2017-05-29

Don't waste your money on Priceline.

"Although most trips are probably decent, when things do go terribly wrong - they will not compensate you. My advice, give yourself some peace of mind and book elsewhere. I had the worst experience, and all I got was a silly little 'sorry'. That does not make up for the day I lost from my vacation and missing my nephew's graduation."

2017-05-26

Terrible customer Service

"It is impossible to talk to a living person to make any changes to the itinerary. The robot loop just keeps repeating until eventually disconnecting. Waste of time/money!"

2017-05-23

Terrible

"Did a search for hotels that I wanted. The site requested credit card information as if it would provide similar accommodations that book to me in a terrible place. They would not make adjustments to the reservation even though I was not trying to cancel. "

2017-05-21

Pitiful Priceline: Customer Service Failure

"I received an email from priceline on Saturday telling me that a flight i booked for next month was rescheduled. The original flight was at 7am. The new flight was at 9pm. This would take an entire day out of my family holiday. We were traveling from one area of Ecuador, to another area. I live here temporarily. And, my family is coming to visit. I have not seen them since November. It is now almost June. So, this is important.
I tried to contact Priceline via telephone. I was told to enter either a phone number, which I do not have or, our trip itinerary number. I tried for over a half hour to enter my itinerary number. I was sent back into a loop. The 'voice,' told me that the number wasn't valid. So, I tried the CHAT via their online site per the recommendation of the recording that was denying me entry. It turns out that CHAT means, distract the customer so that they will forget they are not getting anywhere with you. The CHAT persons had zero access to my account. I asked simply, for a telephone number that would allow me to go around the phone tree that would not let me enter to access a real person. They denied this. They sent me emails with 800 numbers and 888 numbers. None of which worked. Every single telephone number requires an itinerary number. Which by the way, the CHAT said was valid. But, the phone system said was not valid. I went back and forth with the chat and the phone all afternoon. I was in tears. I looked up the cancellation policy for my reservation. It stated that the policy to cancel is based on the county where the reservation was made. I used a USA credit card and address. So, I tried to get information from CHAT but, they have NO ACCESS. They again sent me to the terrible phone tree. Eventually, I somehow got an operator. I somehow got in under SOMEONE ELSES reservation! This person told me that they do not know the cancellation policy. After ALL OF THIS. I spent at least 4 hours on this project. I am livid. I am disgusted. First of all, why didn't they confirm that the flight change would be okay with me? Second, why didn't they know the cancellation policy for a ticket they sold me? It states that the cancellation policy is the country where I purchased it. So, its either USA or ECUADOR. The airline is in Ecuador. The people were unhelpful. After finally getting ahold of them, they told me that they do not know the cancel policy. Then they called the airline, which is closed on a Saturday and Sunday. So, why did they notify me on a SATURDAY that it was changed? They were useless. I am canceling. They are terrible. I will never use them again. Why don't they have a direct line that allows you to go around the Phone Tree. Terrible Terrible Terrible people and service.

2017-05-02

Don't use priceline.

"I have a horrible experience from customer service. They collect money unfairly. They don't refund money.

“Priceline Group, in charging ‘taxes and fees’ for a rental or purchase transactions that did not complete, violated various local, state and federal laws regarding the charge and collection of taxes,” according to the Priceline class action lawsuit.

I don't recommend using price line at all.

2017-04-04

Rated 1 Star Because a Negative Was Not An Option

"I had to rate Priceline with 1 star because there was not a Negative number. Beware of their rates they charge. I used them for a 5 day stay at a motel which Priceline charged my credit card for. As I checked out 0f the motel I received a daily charge printout for the room which showed to be a total of $82 less than what Priceline charged me. I called Priceline and was told the difference was their profit margin. The Priceline rep also said the motel was not supposed to give a printout to the general public so Priceline can charge their higher rate. I will never use Priceline again as it appears they are ripping people off. "

2017-03-27

Ineffective Advocate

"Will never use again – I purchased tickets in November for a 2 week trip in April to Italy with a 1 day layover on the way back in Milan. This is my wedding and honeymoon trip, so I’ve preplanned everything, including several events in Milan. The airline changed my flight, putting me on the last flight to Milan for the day, so I’ll now land at 11pm with my next flight at 1pm the next day, eliminating all of my plans in Milan. I called Priceline 3 times over the course of several weeks. The first call was nearly 90 minutes, the next two calls were over 2 hours a piece. On the last call, I was informed that it will cost more than $3,000 a seat to change the flight back to an earlier flight in the day… which has seats available. I’m flabbergasted. I don’t understand why this is allowed, for such a significant change in my itinerary to occur, yet I have to pay such a large amount just to get it back to a time similar to what I initially booked. Needless to say, I’m not going to pay over $6,000 for my fiancé and I to keep our plans… it is also needless to say that I’ll ever use Priceline again. They were supposed to be my advocate to the airline, but all they proved to be was an ineffective middleman and huge time sink."

2017-03-26

Horrible Experience Priceline Advertised A Roach Motel as a 4 Star Hotel. NEVER book with Priceline

"I booked the "express deal" and it was for a 4 star hotel (Westgate by the convention center, formerly the Hilton). It seems like a great deal! Priceline advertised this beautiful room, but when I checked in the hotel it was a dump. A hole in the ceiling, dust everywhere that aggregated my allergies. I asked them about the room, that I showed to them on my ohone, they stated 3rd party name their rooms different from the hotel and the can't provide the room that priceline was advertising for that price. The price would be an extra $52/night. They moved me to another room in ano there tower. This room was ok, but that night when I went to take a shower, there was a "ROACH" in the shower! A livery roach crawling on my toiletries, which I immediately discarded. Called the front desk and they moved me to a room 2 doors down. I was very uncomfortable. The hotel refunded me the resort fees and told me to go to priceline for my refund. Reached out to priceline and told them about the experience and nothing was done to accommodate me. I will NEVER book with priceline as they misrepresented the hotel and was not willing to assist me with the matter.
Alicia

2017-03-25

Avoid priceline

"Buyers be aware!! I booked a flight with Priceline. When I went to check in online for my flight they had attached mr and mrs to the end of our last names. So could NOT check in online. Called Priceline and they said contact the airline. The airlines stated that they could help me but if any changes were made to our itinerary we would not get any notices because Priceline was the booking agent. I called Priceline again and after many times on hold and a waste of lots of time they stated that our airline had the correct info. I asked if they had changed it but they said no it was good on the airline end. I listened to my gut and called the airline. They said no it had not been changed. He said to talk with check in at the airport and work things out (he made notes on his end). Check in was difficult because of Priceline. Our airline was AWESOME. We had two layovers on our trip to our destination and at every single stop and start we had problems. We almost didn't get our last connection. I do NOT recommend Priceline at all. Customer service is not helpful. Buyer beware."

2017-03-21

Never Again

"Unfortunately, have used Priceline on numerous occasions. Currently have been ill for a month with pneumonia and other health issues and was given the "run around" by Priceline. Spoke to at least 5 different people indicating what had transpired and that I was extremely ill and could not even attend my son's wedding back East. They read from a script and every time I was transferred somewhere else, I would get the same story. I was on hold and transferred around for about 2 hrs.

I think they believe you will eventually give up and they bet on that. Not Me!!! Anyway, I had Travel Insurance as well, which I mentioned to each person I spoke to....

I subsequently, wrote a letter to the Corporate Office about this situation and they said they couldn't assist me.

Well, won't be using Priceline ever again...Buyer Beware!!!

2017-03-21

avoid

"Worst customer service ever!"

2017-03-16

Courtyard Marriott North Cranberry PA - GM Bill Landerfield - Stolen Money

"I was stuck at the airport during the recent snowstorm. I made a reservation through priceline for the Courtyard Marriott North Cranberry PA and I couldn't make it to the hotel. I called priceline and they agreed to give me a full refund contingent upon the hotel agreeing to cancel the reservation. Priceline called the hotel and they said NO. I called the hotel myself and spoke to the GM Bill Landerfield. I explained I was stuck at the airport with my family and all flights were cancelled. When I asked why he would not cancel my reservation he told me "we are in the business of making money" and will not refund you. Never ever stay at this hotel "

2016-12-27

Never again!

"If you use Priceline, then hope that you never have to use their "customer service" department! I have been trying for 3 months to get a refund for a flight that was canceled due to a typhoon. I have spent no less than 8 hours on hold, not counting the number of times I've had to explain the situation to a representative and the hours spent actually speaking to them and being transferred back and forth. Each time I have been promised that the person I am speaking to will handle it and personally call me back. And each time, no one ever does. Further, no one will ever let me speak to a manager or someone that can actually step in and help. I am beyond frustrated. I am tired of being lied to just to get me out of the phone call queue. I've tried their online chat and their email options. No wonder their execs conveniently have their information concealed on places like Linkedin. Buyer beware! "

2016-10-21

False advertising/ horrible customer support

"On 10/20 I was looking to get a rental car for the 21st-24th, for some family that was visiting from overseas. I went to priceline.com and searched for a vehicle that would suit their needs; 2 adults and 1 child. Hence, I chose the compact car option, as it had all the options needed with the best available price.
After finding an option for a compact car in the desired city, I booked it, and paid for collision insurance - as they are from out of the country and do not have any U.S. Insurance. Although, the payment for the rental is only done when retrieving the vehicle, the insurance come out automatically, as soon as you finish booking.
On the morning of the 21st, on our way to pick-up the car, we get a phone call from Enterprise Rent-a-Car, saying that a vehicle was no longer available, and that they would be unable to supply one, as they had been sold out since the 19th. Yes, the 19th. Now I ask, why would they book a vehicle type that has been sold out prior to the booking date?! The only answer I can come up with is that they were trying to up-sale a different, more expensive option.
This is extremely frustrating, and definitely not a honorable way to do business.
After spending over 15 minutes on the phone with the Entreprise agent, and not seeming to get anywhere, I called Priceline thinking they would solve the issue. Well, apparently they don't give a crap about their customoers either; all they offered to do was cancel the reservation, and offered me to go to their website to try to find another option. When I mentioned about the insurance that had already been charged, I was told I would have to call my bank to solve the issue.
Needless to say I won't use either service again, nor will recommend it!

2016-09-14

They totally screwed me!!

"After being a loyal customer for years, they allowed me to book a hotel and while I was on my way let me know they had made a mistake and no room was available. I pleaded with them to find me another hotel because by now everything for miles around was booked up. They made no effort to pull any strings to find me a room and just let me sleep in my car. I couldn't believe it. After having spent 10s of thousands of dollars with them they just kept saying "we understand and we are sorry". I couldn't believe it. I will never go near Priceline again. I have never seen an organization take less responsibility for their mistakes."

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!