Product & services pricing Rating 4.30/10 4.30/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.40/10 3.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.30/10 3.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.35/10 1.35/10

"I bought a stay and the website changed the date at the last minute. I was already at that hotel with a previous reservation that PRICELINE had made ...so it knew this was wrong. The first CSR, Denise, tells me they can fix it cause the system wont allow two stays on the same night when bought separately. Well it did and it CHANGED my request. She suddenly tells me that she needs to go and ends our online chat before fixing ANYTHING. The second, third (KIM) and fourth person that I Chatted and spoke with on the phone gave me even more of a runaround telling me that within the chat they would send a link to customer service. At one point I demanded to speak with a Manager (12 times) -- KIM told me there is no manager on their escalation steps...LOL... I was already talking with customer service in the chat. Well I finally picked up the phone and called customer service, who told me that I needed to write them a letter (snail mail - got that ??? so I CHATTED, CALLED and then needed to MAIL my concerns, w/no potential solution or refund ever) .... I finally open up my email and there is a bill where they have cancelled my additional stay and charged me 150% of the initial webpage invoice/receipt. I began asking both of the CSRs about this and neither one was able to explain why I was being charged more than the actual cost. Furthermore, despite not refunding me anything and sending me a new receipt for an additional amount - 150% - they tell me to go online to the website that put the wrong date in or stole from me initially and purchase a replacement for the following evening, that after I make that NEW purchase for the full price, that I will receive 50% back from that purchase....?????? How does work?? Where did they learn to do math? Isn't that also called theft where you come from ?? After being charged 150% of the initial cost, I spend another 100% for a total of 250%, and then I will be reimbursed for 50%... leaving them with 200% of the erroneous, original charge amount. Which presumes that I can trust the website to do things properly at all ... otherwise, I have handed over 250% by the last action they are telling me to perform in order to get my money back... LOL... where on the planet does a reputable company ask you to pay more in order to effectuate a cancellation, then tell you to buy the item AGAIN, before you get a 50% refund ... WOW they are such blatant thieves that I will tell anyone and every website that I can about them. Oh yeah, at several points they tell me to call MY BANK or CREDIT CARD INSTITUTION to ask what the charges are for, just a horribly bad experience from start to finish ... AVOID PRINCELINE AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!! Cyndi from Massachusetts"

modified review This review was modified by cyndicorsentino on October 16 2014 08:39:03 PM

"I will NEVER EVER use Priceline again!!When I booked my flight it was with Air Alaska and by the time I received my confirmation the airlines changed to Spirit Airlines. The flight was booked 4 months in advanced. Upon arrival to check in for my flight, it was discovered the flight would be 45 minutes late. I was informed I had to pay for my carry on. Which ended up costing me an addition $100.00 each way. I could have save that money by using a more reputable airline. I won't even go into how rude the Spirit Airline staff was. That is a whole other complaint. I vow NEVER EVER to use Spirit Airlines or Priceline again."

modified review This review was modified by csea92595 on October 14 2014 10:37:36 PM

"ATTENTION ALL CRACKHEADS!!!!!! Priceline was right on the money when they offered the SUPER 8 at 1007 Market street in North Lima Ohio as a place to stay I went to Ohio to visit family for 4 days upon arrival was greeted by a young man that did not know what his job description entailed because I was charged twice once by Priceline and again by Super 8 but the reality of it all was there were dirty trash cans outside my room that stayed that way for 4 days the wall was molded and sunken in from the wetness the carpet was moist and stayed that way the laundry room was a complete joke without the humor water spilled all over the floor.THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO GET PAID LISTEN HERE WATER SPILLED ALL OVER THE FLOOR AND NO CAUTION SIGNS LOOKS LIKE A LAW SUIT TO ME and the "SO CALLED" BREAKFAST FORGET ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU WANT EBOLA VIRUS and the old lady wiped out the trash and with the same rag wiped off the table but she might not of been able to see that well over her tongue because it hung out of her mouth the whole time when I tried to call to dispute my bill the jacked up idiot that answered the phone had the audacity to tell me that he was not paying attention to what I was saying even though I effortlessly tried to explain it to him like he was a 3rd grader .The manager is to blame you hire idiots that cannot spell clean or work a computer and then you run the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen and what do you expect to happen I should have known better shame on me but shame on any one else that goes to that GOD FOR SAKING place after reading this but thanks PRICELINE do you think maybe next time you can set me up in a hotel where I can catch HIV or maybe get murdered you seem to be on a roll.DEBORAH RICHTER"

"Bordering on Fraud - They have very deceptive business practices. I tried to book a hotel and found out it was not represented equally on the priceline site as it was in 3rd party ratings - they obviously edit their ratings. They refused to cancel blaming the hotel - when I spoke to the hotel they said they could cancel - if Priceline authorized it. They lost the lifetime value of my business over $60 bucks."

"i hate priceline. never will i go there for any travel arrangements. I was never told from the add, throughout the booking process, not on my receipt that the price was in a foreign currency. I thought I was getting a good deal but since they did not make it clear the room was listed in pesos, i ended up paying more than any other travel booking site. I feel priceline is a bunch of scam artists and I hate them very much."

modified review This review was modified by pricelinesux on October 01 2014 06:54:55 AM

"Last weekend I stayed at a Clarion Hotel in Fletcher, NC. From Saturday evening through my checkout time on Sunday, I had no hot water and the tub would not drain. While the general manager I talked to on Tuesday seemed genuinely sorry for my discomfort, she was unable to convince her supervisors to discount my stay any more than a meager $40.12. I paid almost $100 per night for the room.

Since I booked the room through Priceline, it was a more difficult task because Priceline had to also approve whatever discount I was given. I was not satisfied because I thought for the amount of discomfort I endured (and my teenage daughter) I should have received that one night for free.

Also, the hotel charged me twice for the room. This was resolved fairly fast, but still should not have happened in the first place. I will not ever book another hotel through Priceline and will certainly not stay at Clarion again. Too bad.

"It says no cancellation fees. I tried cancelling a reservation 10 minutes after making it and they say I would have needed to cancel it 2 days before, which is ridiculous and impossible, they ended up charging me for the . I searched for a hotel in a specific city and they gave me one 30 minutes away in another city. Lesson Learned!! DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!"

"They take 100% payment upfront and then you cannot cancel, cannot change and cannot transfer the booking. Simply, once money is paid, they will not refund nor help in resolving any issues. Booked a room in less than a hour wanted to change it to a bigger room. They canceled my room and charged me. Cancelation fee was the cost of the room. So I had to pay for a room I did not even stay in."

modified review This review was modified by gman6722 on September 12 2014 05:04:31 AM

Priceline.com User

"In my opinion Priceline is a rip-off. I rented a car through Priceline. I made a mistake with the reservation name and could not pick-up the car. The rental dealership could not make the change - I had to make the change online. However, the system would not allow me to make the correction. The Priceline online help rep basically told me that the name could not be changed and that I was out $182.54. He made not effort to reimburse me or help with the change. When I called via phone I was given a ticket number so I could get reimbursed. Transaction occurred on 8/24 and I have yet to received a credit. I was not able to rent a car nor was I able to get a refund. In my opinion this is a totally disreputable company - they basically stole from me. I gave them $182.54 and got nothing in return. I will never use them again and recommend no one else ever does. "

"MUST READ!!!
I will never use their service again, and NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

They list the wrong information on their website. And also they don't put the full information about the hotel in their confirmation email.

August 2014, San Francisco:
On PRICELINE.COM website, we booked three rooms for three families (each family of two adults and one or two children), four nights each, specifically requesting all rooms with two queen beds.
Upon arrival at hotel, after a very long road trip, the hotel provided us with rooms all with SINGLE queen beds. They claimed that Priceline only advised them of two adults and no children and they showed us the reservation information on their system. Unable to resolve the issue with the hotel, we called Priceline.com. Their Customer Service representative was absolutely unhelpful. In fact it was apparent that he was employed for the very opposite purpose.

PRICELINE's Customer Service representative appeared to be trained to dawdle and frustrate customers. It was very obvious from his response (and confirmed by the hotel receptionist) that this was a regular occurrence with PRICELINE customers. The so called Customer Service representative was most uncooperative, did not make any attempt to resolve the issue, refused to talk with the hotel receptionist and refused to transfer the call to his supervisor or manager.

As you can imagine, being stranded in a hotel lobby with young children, away from home after a long journey is not the experience anyone would want to begin a much awaited vacation. My advice to anyone contemplating PRICELINE.com...... DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT. PRICELINE is poor, no.... very poor value for your money.

When you book with PRICELINE, you are blindfolded first because you do not know which hotel you are booking into. They take 100% payment upfront and then you cannot cancel, cannot change and cannot transfer the booking. Simply, once money is paid, they will not refund nor help in resolving any issues.

This was my first and last experience with PRICELINE. Much better to book directly with the hotel of your choice on their website, where you can cancel upto 24 hours in advance without charge. Spend your money where you can get better service.

How did we manage our stay with only one queen bed between two adults and two children? Spent more money to buy two camping beds from the nearest Walmart, few kms away, and spread them in the very small rooms, with no more walking space around!

MORAL: STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.COM AND SAVE YOUR SELF A LOT OF TROUBLE!

"I have used priceline for air tickets in past. I will never use them again for hotels "name your own price". What a scam. Their 3.5 -3.8 star Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Denver Airport was a total dump. It had filthy halls carpeted in oily carpets coming off the floors. The shower did not work. Bathroom was dirty. Wake up call never happened. And it was scary for a single woman. The hotel clerk and security guard and driver agreed with my assessment and were laughing, and happy I was going to contact owner of their hotel. Who wants to work in a place like that? Frontdesk offered to return my money, but could not as I had paid through priceline. I will never trust them for "name your own price" again. What a scam. It was just like a bad bad scary movie."

modified review This review was modified by SEConnolly on September 01 2014 05:08:27 PM

"Priceline was a horrible choice and I was never use there site again I booked a room and the information was so unclear of when check was and how there system actually works, I was uncomfortable with the purchase and wanted to cancel the reservation, I was on the phone a hour waiting just to find out that there is no such policy and they ended charging me $200 and I never even stayed in the room, horrible site horrible customer service"

"Price Guarantee on rental cars a scam. When booking a car I spoke with rep because I had best price concerns. In the past after booking cars I had received emails with better deals so I was reluctant to book a vehicle. The rep I spoke to told me not to fret because if an email came with a better deal then Priceline.com would honor it. Well an email arrived but rather than honoring I got the run around from priceline.com. The rep I spoke to was more eager to get off the phone than assist me. I emailed priceline.com and received an inadequate response telling me that I need to read all their terms and services. I don't mind reading their terms but I was going on the word of a company rep trained to assist customers who should know the company policies and not mislead customers. It is a big shame one can't rate negative stars. "

modified review This review was modified by cdjon on August 04 2014 10:21:52 PM

"I rented a vehicle through Priceline and was totally disappointed with the car I received. Hertz was the rental car agency that they selected for me. The car had visible scratches as well as chipped paint on the exterior. The brakes were scrubbing and the car needed an alignment. I will not use their bidding service again."

modified review This review was modified by Destiny2120 on August 01 2014 06:41:23 PM

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!