Stores > Priceline.com

• Priceline.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10

2016-06-25

Priceline uses booking.com - too bad!

"I recently made a reservation for a two-night stay in Rockville, MD. One day before my trip, I called priceline to tell them to change it to one day. They said fine, but then they called the hotel, and apparently the reservation had never been made. They partner with Booking.Com. Evidently, the hotel never saw my reservation on the Booking.com link. Anyway, they did change it, and I got an email saying that they changed it in time to avoid additional charge. But when I got to the hotel, the reservation had still not been made. I arrived too early to check in, but it is a good think, because I might not have gotten the reservation. All very strange to me. I made the reservation well in advance - two months. What seemed rather simple turned out to be really complicated. Fortunately, the people at the hotel were wonderful and made up for the bad service. I think it was booking.com who was the culprit here, maybe not priceline. "

This review was modified by satin6 on June 25 2016 12:09:10 PM

2016-06-22

I would give 0 star if I could

"I booked a room for $165 for two adults, upon arrival we find out we have to pay an extra 100$ after my two children....and since its a waterpark ( upon purchase we did not know what hotel we are getting) if we would like to use the pool we have to pay $50....question ; when u book a hotel with 3and a half star rating it should have a pool, and u should be able to use it...so if I add it up, my 165$ room ended up costing me 320$ plus tax in a 3and a half star dump, oh yeah, top on that, if you purchase through website you can get the same room for 6 person for $220 WITH WATERPARK PASSES FOR 2 DAYS!!!! I never in my life ever felt betrayed by a company like that....BOTTOM LINE YOU COULD PAY DOUBLE IN THE END, when you try to talk to customer service they are ridiculous, they keep repeating ; "it's one of our 'policies'"... Wondering if their main POLICIES IS TO MAKE SURE WE RIP OFF THE CUSTOMER! VERY DISCUSTED!!!"

2016-06-22

I've Been Robbed!!

"I will NEVER book a trip thru Priceline again!! BEWARE, THEY ROBBED ME for $306.00 and tried to convince me I was in the wrong. I booked a 4 day, 3 night trip thru them, the entire package, Flight, Hotel, Car and trip protection insurance. I was scheduled to be in Colorado June 25th -28th. Well unfortunately the airline changed the date of my returning flight from the 28th to a day early…now I would have to return on the 27th…NOT GOOD. I called Priceline to see what my options were, the airline (Frontier Airlines) no longer had a returning flight on the 28th, now the only returning flights were on the June 27th and 29th. So after 3.5 hrs on the phone with Priceline “Customer Service” first being rational and polite, then escalating to me screaming and cursing them, I decided to just cancel the entire trip. The “Customer Service” rep assured me I would receive a 100% refund, so I agreed to start the transaction to get everything canceled…and a 100% refund. WELL after she canceled the plane tickets, she informs me I would still have to pay for the hotel and car. Pay for a hotel and a rental car I would not even be using? Seem fair to anyone? I even forked over $58 for the trip protection insurance...waste. They say the trip protection insurance did not cover this situation. A situation beyond my control…huh? They kept telling me I had to understand that “it was the hotels policy, not their own policy”, as if they were not affiliated with the hotel in any way. After much more screaming and cursing they agreed to refund me all but one day at the hotel and the entire cost of the rental car for all 4 days. Better than being robbed for the entire total of the trip BUT Priceline got me for a total of $306.00…and didn’t feel bad about it at all!!! Do not book with them...unless you have extra money to waste. Worst customer service and worst experience EVER!!"

This review was modified by Wiggly2010 on June 22 2016 05:43:34 PM

2016-06-12

Don't rent cars with Priceline no easy refund

"I made a reservation for a car an later requested to change the duration from two weeks to one week. First, there must be something fishy when the site isn't clear about cancelation and changes. Second, to shorten the reservation from two weeks to one week, they are requesting authorization from my doctor to release medical information of why I am sick and requesting the change. The HIPAA Privacy Policy. I think this is somewhat illegal, none of their business, why to they think a customer will be cancelling and changing airfare reservations that cost money, if the change isn't needed. In short, something fishy. WIll never recommend. Zero stars. I am not giving a single star. On the other hand, the airline was very nice and accommodating, even if I had to pay extra."

This review was modified by Bartolome on June 12 2016 05:01:51 PM

2016-05-22

NEVER use this company for travel!!

"After trying to plan a vacation thru Trivago, we were sent to Priceline.com, and from there all we got is problems and hassle. Their site said after we tried to purchase the hotel room we got an end page that said that "They could not complete our request but our card would not be charged". We got no email confirming this. No confirmation number. NOTHING. Except almost IMMEDIATELY, we had $126 charge pending on our debit card. So, curious, we called the Priceline phone number. And were put through an automated system of HELL. It took us five (FIVE) calls to actually get to a person, and when we got to a person, the female was outsourced from some other country and we could barely understand her due to her thick accent!! She confirmed our reservation was NOT made and that "Our card would not be charged". When we confronted her about "Hey, we WERE already charged, please explain", she then reverted to the "Well, we have to charge the card to make sure the card will work first, and all charges will be reversed in 3 to 7 business days". Right. Except our trip is supposed to be in five days, and now because you won't offer an IMMEDIATE refund, we can no longer go on our trip because Priceline is holding our funds. We can't book another hotel room when you won't release the money!! We are calling our bank first thing tomorrow and pressing fraudulent charges against Priceline. When we asked the non-American "customer service" lady about this point she stated that that is the policy and she can do nothing to change it. We will NEVER use Priceline again. NOT. EVER. Stay away. If you find yourself on Priceline's website from Trivago, immediately turn around and run screaming. Priceline will do NOTHING to help you but EVERYTHING to take your money without reason!!"

This review was modified by EFmad on May 22 2016 11:32:01 PM

2016-05-16

Priceline is a Fraud!!!!!!

"They have "Price Guaranteed" but that's only on line. if you find the price cheaper anywhere else they will not honor that guarantee. I travel a lot for work so I should know better. I thought I would try them for my personal trip but **** happens. I will NEVER EVER use them again!!!!!"

This review was modified by scout2401 on May 16 2016 03:06:03 PM

2016-05-13

Never use this website!

"Very disappointed in there customer service and quality of business. My husband and I booked a hotel in Nashville and the website booked it for the wrong days and refused to refund us the money. We called customer service directly after the booking. Representative had no idea what he was doing. Use Expedia, or another well known hotel search. "

2016-05-08

Stole money

"Even with confirmation from Hertz that they cancelled my car reservation due to my wife's illness, Priceline refused to refund my money. When asked why, they said because they could given our contract. Fair statement if you never want any business moving forward. I would avoid Priceline as with this level of customer service, it will not be long before others experience what I have and move to a better service provider. "

This review was modified by Wensinger on May 08 2016 07:52:12 AM

2016-04-28

THEIR GUARANTEE IS NO GUARANTEE

"Do not use this company. They will not guarantee the price will not be more upon arrival and you can not get your money back as they make up anything they want to justify ripping you off. Was told no fee, no restrictions for my two dogs and was told I need to pay $58 more dollars on a $66 dollar room. Priceline said it was because of the weight of my dogs but the clerk at the hotel did not even ask the weight what bull. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY."

2016-04-25

Fraudulent

"I bid on a four star hotel in downtown Charlotte, NC. The hotel Priceline gave me is not a four star hotel. It's in a poorly refurbished 1970's era hotel that was called the Adam's Mark which wasn't even a four star hotel in its heyday. Now it's been split into two bad hotels; Le Meridien and a Sheraton. I stayed there in January and it's not even a three star hotel. My brother described it as "a truck stop for travelling salesmen and junior executives." I called Priceline and the customer service representative whom I spoke with barely understood English. All I got from her was "It's a non-refundable fare." Perhaps those are the only words of English that Priceline taught her. Not only is Priceline operating on a fraudulent business model, they're outsourcing American jobs. I am going to file against them in small claims court. They probably won't even send a a lawyer to defend them. The judge will rule in my favor and I'll get my money back from Priceline and make them pay court costs. That's what I recommend everyone who feels defrauded by Priceline do."

This review was modified by Fetzer2 on April 25 2016 09:48:01 AM

2016-04-21

A Joke

"There is such a lack of communication between priceline and booking.com who is the sister company that handles the customer service issues...they bounced me back and forth for two f..ing hours saying i need to talk to the other about my booking issue...but when you call priceline customer service it automatically transfers u to booking.com customer service ...then they have the balls to tell me three different times this is booking.com ...u need to speak to priceline. But priceline keeps redirecting me to booking....dont do it to yourself ...find another site to fulfill your needs. i never ever wrote a review...but this is how pissed i am."

This review was modified by vinodsakhichand on April 21 2016 07:07:12 PM

2016-03-29

Worse than I expected!

"The hotel, Travelodge, was a disaster, I did expect low quality, but at least a certain degree of cleanliness! However, the linen was never changed for the whole time even though it had to be, on one bed, room didn't have the advertised kitchen, little wood bugs roaming everywhere, bad smell, dirt and grime in the bathroom and the furniture, sewage flies in the bathroom, horrible, moldy and old paint job on walls! I was afraid to let my kids walk barefoot on the carpet so they won't catch something, and I washed every last piece of clothing as soon as I got back home. Thank God we spent most of our time outside, but we had one rainy day and were stuck in this room. To add insult to the injury, one of the stores in the hotel plaza had a plumbing issue one morning, and we had to smell human waste from a couple of yards away from our room, during breakfast. The so called "continental breakfast" offered coffee (the worst I've ever had), pastries and bananas, and it was so crowded that we had to take our banana & muffins on the go. We only got it twice. The pool was old, smelly and falling apart, got out after 5 minutes. Not to mention some of the questionable local visitors at this motel, that came in that pool ... It was quite an interesting experience, to say the least! If the whole place is like our room, it needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt from scratch. It's a shame, even @ 50$ a night!
Also, HERTZ rental company is charging us a 25$ for 75 cents toll that we didn't have exact change to pay in Florida, and although we tried to pay it while still there, with credit card, they wouldn't accept it till it got processed, so they can charge us the extra money.
The airline, Frontier, charged us 40$ per bag. I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I would have packed my baggage differently. All the goodies in the plane must be purchased separately, nothing was included in this price, except for water.
I would like to make a suggestion: please let your customers know what they are buying, be a little more specific so they can make a more informed decision, even when it's a low cost trip. Maybe I would have made a different, more expensive choice, if I knew more details.

This review was modified by somedude16 on March 29 2016 12:59:16 PM

2016-03-14

The Worst

"I booked a hotel through one of Priceline's affiliates, Next Jump, 5 months in advance. They contacted me 2 days before my trip to say the hotel had no availability and they were moving me 2 miles outside of the city centre to a different hotel. When I arrived to that new hotel, they had no reservation for me. Priceline/Next Jump didn't actually book me a hotel but took my money. This is so unprofessional it's more like fraud. The hotel was fully booked but after an hour with hotel management they found me a room thanks to someone cancelling last minute - had that not happened, I would have been in a foreign country for 3 nights with no where to stay. After repeatedly calling and emailing them, they offered me a paltry refund of 30% which they issued to their affiliate, not me and told me I need to now follow up with the affiliate to have the refund passed down to me. Absolutely horrendous experience with Priceline and will never use them again. "

This review was modified by reviewer1239 on March 14 2016 10:35:25 AM

2016-02-19

Dont rent car from priceline(rentalcar.net)

"When we got to our destination it was 11pm at night. Advantage rental car had told us they ran out of cars. They wanted us to come back the next morning to see if they have any cars available. So we had to go to enterprise and paid double the price because it was same day rate. So I called the customer service line to see what they can do. They couldn't do anything about it. I've never experienced anything like this. DO NOT book with priceline.com. "

This review was modified by cindiparish on February 19 2016 03:58:24 PM

2016-01-25

Do not rent an Alamo car from Priceline! You won't get the kind of car that you paid for!

"I feel that it is false advertisement to advertise a Dodge Avenger or similar type of car to customers and then not honor that agreement. That is exactly what happened when I booked a "mid-size" Dodge Avenger or similar type of car through Priceline.

I arrived at the Alamo car rental counter at the Tampa airport and was very disappointed that the Alamo guy said that they have a different car classification structure than Priceline and that the Dodge Avenger is not a mid size car and that I would be stuck with a Ford Focus or something comparable. The guy at Alamo was rude and told me to take it up with Priceline. I got out of the line and called Priceline and spoke to the customer service rep and also to his supervisor. The supervisor spoke over the phone to the Alamo rep and the Alamo rep told him the dodge avenger is not considered a mid size car. After speaking with Alamo, Priceline would not even pay the difference between the Ford Focus and the car that they agreed to give me. The only solution they offered was to refund my money completely or take the Ford Focus or similar type of car...which by the way is advertised for a lower amount than the Dodge Avenger on Priceline's website. Horrible customer service.

Alamo was equally as bad in regards to their level of customer service. The guy that assisted me at the Tampa airport was very rude and after he was done explaining the reason for giving me a Ford Focus instead of the Dodge Avenger, he said that had a line of customers waiting....basically telling me to leave.

This review was modified by Beachlover01 on January 25 2016 12:17:16 PM

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!