Product & services pricing Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.47/10 1.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10

"Recently made a Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental reservation, agreed to take the Collision Damage Waiver for $11.00 p/day, Rented the vehicle and got dinged twice for coverage. When I disputed the charge, Thrifty claims they did not see that the coverage was billed by Priceline. Priceline said, "too bad".

I am a new business owner and will be doing frequent business trips to Wichita. My company will use a different rental car provider, even if I spend a little more on a daily rate. Priceline will not be my choice of booking...
Thrifty is notorious for hoodwinking their customers, I will not be using either service ever again.....

modified review This review was modified by EMS2604 on November 18 2014 09:29:50 AM

"I recently purchased four return tickets from Lisbon to Toronto on SATA airlines from Priceline. There were no fare options offered with our selected flight, and once we selected the date/time the website prompted us directly for payment. Only after the fact did we realize that the fares we purchased had zero baggage allowance. For each checked bag for the flight we purchased, we will now be charged an additional $200/bag. Note that EVERY OTHER AIRLINE featured for this route on Priceline had the 1st (if not 2nd) checked bag free.
I checked the SATA website, and it is impossible to book a flight without having several intrusive prompts informing the customer to select their fare type and detailing what each fare type entails. The difference in the 'Light' fare (what we unknowingly purchased on Priceline) and the 'Smart' fare that we would have purchased (includes one checked bag per passenger) is just 25 euro. Now because of booking through Priceline, our penalty will be $200/bag.
Despite repeated conversations with Priceline and SATA (the latter agreeing that the Priceline website is misleading) they will not modify our fare type without a significant penalty that far exceeds even the exorbitant baggage fee we will need to pay.
I have learned that there is never an advantage to booking through these types of online travel agencies. Use them for your research but DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR BOOKING. Their websites are incomplete and irresponsible. I am thoroughly appalled that Priceline has not accepted any culpability for their actions and am certain that my experience will be repeated by another unsuspecting customer.

modified review This review was modified by ltorneck on November 12 2014 02:18:06 PM

"I will never use Priceline again. By the time I did my reservation - it was not what I wanted and I could not change it. It seems like it is cheaper - but it is not. "

"Priceline are a cheating and non trusted site! Charges for extra days and doesn't refund!!! I rented a vehicle for 7 days was charged 8 and they stated that Alamo was suppose to correct the problem. Alamo states it's Priceline. I am so disappointed. My first trip to the Puerto Rico to bury my father in law and they made it even worst for my family and myself with all their schemes and lies!!!

Never will I recommend or use this company. Do not trust!!!

modified review This review was modified by Customerisright1 on November 03 2014 08:45:00 AM

"I am extremely disappointed by Priceline.com and their customer service. As a customer who has spent a ton of money through this site, I just tried to book a specific hotel in vegas and went through all of the steps to book, but my confirmation was for a different hotel. I am extremely enraged at the horrible customer service and very disappointed at the misleading nature of this booking experience. I will never be using this site again and will make sure I tell everyone I know not to use it either. Priceline's response to me was no refunds, so they are now charging me $500 for a stay in a hotel that I won't be at, not sure I have experienced anything more ridiculous in my life. "

modified review This review was modified by annaheg on October 27 2014 10:26:06 AM

"I bought a stay and the website changed the date at the last minute. I was already at that hotel with a previous reservation that PRICELINE had made ...so it knew this was wrong. The first CSR, Denise, tells me they can fix it cause the system wont allow two stays on the same night when bought separately. Well it did and it CHANGED my request. She suddenly tells me that she needs to go and ends our online chat before fixing ANYTHING. The second, third (KIM) and fourth person that I Chatted and spoke with on the phone gave me even more of a runaround telling me that within the chat they would send a link to customer service. At one point I demanded to speak with a Manager (12 times) -- KIM told me there is no manager on their escalation steps...LOL... I was already talking with customer service in the chat. Well I finally picked up the phone and called customer service, who told me that I needed to write them a letter (snail mail - got that ??? so I CHATTED, CALLED and then needed to MAIL my concerns, w/no potential solution or refund ever) .... I finally open up my email and there is a bill where they have cancelled my additional stay and charged me 150% of the initial webpage invoice/receipt. I began asking both of the CSRs about this and neither one was able to explain why I was being charged more than the actual cost. Furthermore, despite not refunding me anything and sending me a new receipt for an additional amount - 150% - they tell me to go online to the website that put the wrong date in or stole from me initially and purchase a replacement for the following evening, that after I make that NEW purchase for the full price, that I will receive 50% back from that purchase....?????? How does work?? Where did they learn to do math? Isn't that also called theft where you come from ?? After being charged 150% of the initial cost, I spend another 100% for a total of 250%, and then I will be reimbursed for 50%... leaving them with 200% of the erroneous, original charge amount. Which presumes that I can trust the website to do things properly at all ... otherwise, I have handed over 250% by the last action they are telling me to perform in order to get my money back... LOL... where on the planet does a reputable company ask you to pay more in order to effectuate a cancellation, then tell you to buy the item AGAIN, before you get a 50% refund ... WOW they are such blatant thieves that I will tell anyone and every website that I can about them. Oh yeah, at several points they tell me to call MY BANK or CREDIT CARD INSTITUTION to ask what the charges are for, just a horribly bad experience from start to finish ... AVOID PRINCELINE AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!! Cyndi from Massachusetts"

modified review This review was modified by cyndicorsentino on October 16 2014 08:39:03 PM

"I will NEVER EVER use Priceline again!!When I booked my flight it was with Air Alaska and by the time I received my confirmation the airlines changed to Spirit Airlines. The flight was booked 4 months in advanced. Upon arrival to check in for my flight, it was discovered the flight would be 45 minutes late. I was informed I had to pay for my carry on. Which ended up costing me an addition $100.00 each way. I could have save that money by using a more reputable airline. I won't even go into how rude the Spirit Airline staff was. That is a whole other complaint. I vow NEVER EVER to use Spirit Airlines or Priceline again."

modified review This review was modified by csea92595 on October 14 2014 10:37:36 PM

"ATTENTION ALL CRACKHEADS!!!!!! Priceline was right on the money when they offered the SUPER 8 at 1007 Market street in North Lima Ohio as a place to stay I went to Ohio to visit family for 4 days upon arrival was greeted by a young man that did not know what his job description entailed because I was charged twice once by Priceline and again by Super 8 but the reality of it all was there were dirty trash cans outside my room that stayed that way for 4 days the wall was molded and sunken in from the wetness the carpet was moist and stayed that way the laundry room was a complete joke without the humor water spilled all over the floor.THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO GET PAID LISTEN HERE WATER SPILLED ALL OVER THE FLOOR AND NO CAUTION SIGNS LOOKS LIKE A LAW SUIT TO ME and the "SO CALLED" BREAKFAST FORGET ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU WANT EBOLA VIRUS and the old lady wiped out the trash and with the same rag wiped off the table but she might not of been able to see that well over her tongue because it hung out of her mouth the whole time when I tried to call to dispute my bill the jacked up idiot that answered the phone had the audacity to tell me that he was not paying attention to what I was saying even though I effortlessly tried to explain it to him like he was a 3rd grader .The manager is to blame you hire idiots that cannot spell clean or work a computer and then you run the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen and what do you expect to happen I should have known better shame on me but shame on any one else that goes to that GOD FOR SAKING place after reading this but thanks PRICELINE do you think maybe next time you can set me up in a hotel where I can catch HIV or maybe get murdered you seem to be on a roll.DEBORAH RICHTER"

"Bordering on Fraud - They have very deceptive business practices. I tried to book a hotel and found out it was not represented equally on the priceline site as it was in 3rd party ratings - they obviously edit their ratings. They refused to cancel blaming the hotel - when I spoke to the hotel they said they could cancel - if Priceline authorized it. They lost the lifetime value of my business over $60 bucks."

"i hate priceline. never will i go there for any travel arrangements. I was never told from the add, throughout the booking process, not on my receipt that the price was in a foreign currency. I thought I was getting a good deal but since they did not make it clear the room was listed in pesos, i ended up paying more than any other travel booking site. I feel priceline is a bunch of scam artists and I hate them very much."

modified review This review was modified by pricelinesux on October 01 2014 06:54:55 AM

"Last weekend I stayed at a Clarion Hotel in Fletcher, NC. From Saturday evening through my checkout time on Sunday, I had no hot water and the tub would not drain. While the general manager I talked to on Tuesday seemed genuinely sorry for my discomfort, she was unable to convince her supervisors to discount my stay any more than a meager $40.12. I paid almost $100 per night for the room.

Since I booked the room through Priceline, it was a more difficult task because Priceline had to also approve whatever discount I was given. I was not satisfied because I thought for the amount of discomfort I endured (and my teenage daughter) I should have received that one night for free.

Also, the hotel charged me twice for the room. This was resolved fairly fast, but still should not have happened in the first place. I will not ever book another hotel through Priceline and will certainly not stay at Clarion again. Too bad.

"It says no cancellation fees. I tried cancelling a reservation 10 minutes after making it and they say I would have needed to cancel it 2 days before, which is ridiculous and impossible, they ended up charging me for the . I searched for a hotel in a specific city and they gave me one 30 minutes away in another city. Lesson Learned!! DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!"

"They take 100% payment upfront and then you cannot cancel, cannot change and cannot transfer the booking. Simply, once money is paid, they will not refund nor help in resolving any issues. Booked a room in less than a hour wanted to change it to a bigger room. They canceled my room and charged me. Cancelation fee was the cost of the room. So I had to pay for a room I did not even stay in."

modified review This review was modified by gman6722 on September 12 2014 05:04:31 AM

Priceline.com User

"In my opinion Priceline is a rip-off. I rented a car through Priceline. I made a mistake with the reservation name and could not pick-up the car. The rental dealership could not make the change - I had to make the change online. However, the system would not allow me to make the correction. The Priceline online help rep basically told me that the name could not be changed and that I was out $182.54. He made not effort to reimburse me or help with the change. When I called via phone I was given a ticket number so I could get reimbursed. Transaction occurred on 8/24 and I have yet to received a credit. I was not able to rent a car nor was I able to get a refund. In my opinion this is a totally disreputable company - they basically stole from me. I gave them $182.54 and got nothing in return. I will never use them again and recommend no one else ever does. "

Priceline.com User

"MUST READ!!!
I will never use their service again, and NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

They list the wrong information on their website. And also they don't put the full information about the hotel in their confirmation email.

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!