Priceline.com Reviews - priceline.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 19 reviews

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"The worst customer service in the industry, bar none! They offer a 20% discount to keep the reservation and renege 2 1/2 weeks later. Steer clear of these shysters!"

modified review This review was modified by Moodyjohn on April 04 2014 10:15:48 AM

"Horrible customer service. Tried to purchase the trip insurance with my flight and I wasn't able to. So, when I called priceline's customer service and explained to them that i needed to change my flight date, Isabella id#5260251 proceeded to lie to me and say that the Trip insurance would not cover the fact that my job was in jeopardy, EVEN THOUGH on the trip insurance information it CLEARLY SAYS that job loss is covered and it is a reason to change your flight dates and so on. I am extremely dissatisfied with Priceline and their level of customer service. They falsely advertise and represent themselves and what they are able/willing to do. I strongly suggest that you pay the extra 20 dollars or so and purchase the tickets straight from the airline and rental car companies themselves. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE"

modified review This review was modified by Regretusingpriceline1 on March 24 2014 11:23:16 PM

"The worst customer service I have encountered in USA. The customer service supervisor didn't want to help at all and said" Goodbye" and hang up the phone before I got a chance to reply to her!!"

"I reserved a car to pick up while traveling with my 85 year old mother. Instead, she was taken to the emergency room and admitted to the hospital and treated for life-threatening blood clots in her legs and lungs. Needless to say, attempting to cancel my reservation was not at the top of my list of things to do. When I contacted Priceline afterwards, they told me it was just tough, I should have read the conditions when I made the reservation so it was absolutely nonrefundable. Even the airline canceled our reservations without penalty and gave us a credit for future travel. Not Priceline, they are simply inhumane, rude, uncaring, greedy corporate lowlifes. I sincerely hope that one of its employees suffers the death of a family member and is told too bad, pay us anyway, no refunds or credits. Clearly they do not care about repeat business or word of mouth, just stick it to anyone stupid enough to use them."

"I decided to give priceline a shot after using hotwire for my rentals. I tried bidding on a car priced at 39$ a day. After putting in bids from 25$ they replied saying it was denied and that I should bid 30$. After exhausting as many prices as I could and being denied I finally put in 30$ and of course it was accepted. Now they take your money once the bid is taken and there are no refunds. Two days later I see the same car for rent on hotwire for 23.95$, WAY CHEAPER! I asked them for a price adjustment which they did. A few days later the price dropped on hotwire again to 21.95$. I asked priceline for another adjustment and was denied. I will no longer be going through priceline.com. They over charge you and you can usually get the same rental from hotwire for 10$ cheaper, WITHOUT HAVING TO BID. Priceline fails as a company. Hotwire is they way to go, never had any issues with them"

modified review This review was modified by xvshellshockvx on January 24 2014 02:37:32 PM

"This was the first and last time I will use Priceline for ANY of my travel needs! I booked a rental car for a ten day road trip through Priceline. When I arrived at the location to pick up the car I was told that I didn't have unlimited mileage (even though my confirmation said I did and also said to click on the other conditions for EZ rental car which didn't indicate ANYTHING about mileage or limitations to area). I was then told I couldn't even take the car because I was going to Arizona with it from Seattle!!! EZ rental staff told me they are a third party and there is nothing they that I should contact Priceline. I called Priceline on the spot and was told my only option was to cancel my reservation. The representative said there was a "glitch" in the website and that is why I didn't get the correct notice stating the mileage and location for the car had limitations! He did say there was someone working on the problem "as we speak" WOW...what a comfort! I ended up going to National and renting a car at double the price since it was last minute and I needed an SUV. In the future I will stick with National and book directly. The website for Priceline is inaccurate and misleading and there is a complete lack of customer service. I will never use them again and would not recommend anyone else to do so either. What an incredibly stressful way to start a vacation!!!"

modified review This review was modified by mdmackey on December 30 2013 10:36:07 AM

"I booked a hotel room through priceline.com recently. I've used them before and not had any problems. However, this time my reservation was handled by a third party company called agoda.com. When I arrived at the hotel, I had no reservation and the confirmation number was invalid. I've disputed the charge with my credit card company and I assume I won't have to pay. The bottom line is that you need to follow up and confirm reservations yourself. (As an aside, "pet friendly" may just really mean "dog friendly." If you are travelling with cats, double check before you book.)"

modified review This review was modified by dmlarsen30 on October 08 2013 10:32:49 AM

"I had a very bad experience with Priceline.com and I am not going to use this website again.
I was travelling to Europe for three weeks and I rented a car through Priceline.com from the Berlin airport about 3 months in advance. At the time I made my purchase, their price was about 2 Dollars per day cheaper than other website and I would save almost 50 Dollars by booking with them and so I went ahead and did so. When I went to pick up my car, I was told by the car rental company that the car I booked (economy) is not available and I was instead offered a similar car (compact) at 20 dollars per day more expensive. This now meant that I had to pay more than 400 Dollars extra.
I called Priceline and explained what was going on and I was told that they were not responsible for guaranteeing the availability of the vehicles and when I asked them why do they ask for my credit card information to confirm my reservation, the customer service agent told me that he can proceed and cancel my reservation without charging may card!!
Long story short, I not only had a very bad start of my trip, but also ended up paying 380 Dollars more than what I would have normally paid had I used a different website to arrange my car rental.
All I can say is that Priceline.com is not conducting business honestly. What is the point of quoting a price to the customer and then confirming his reservation after getting his credit card details when you simply won't accept any responsibility and won't guarantee the reservation. How is that even reservation. To me it sounds more like a trap. They simply quote you a cheap price and if you are lucky and get it, they earn their commission and if you don't get it, you are the one who is screwed and Priceline will not accept any responsibility.... and who knows, maybe they still get paid..
I would say stay away...

modified review This review was modified by mashay on October 02 2013 07:02:26 PM

"Priceline is a scam. Their name your own price never really works and if you buy insurance they will find any excuse not to honor it. I tried to use them and then was told that even though I bought cancellation insurance, I would not be able to cancel and that if I wished to alter my travel arrangements it would be an additional $400 fee. Yep, Four Hundred. Their customer service is non-existent. When you call, you get a crackly horrible connection for someone who rarely identifies themselves and then transfers you immediately. You just get passed back and forth to phone reps who obviously don't care or have the tools to help you. There is no email address to contact them anywhere on the site and when I tried their contact us comments section, I got an email back saying that they didn't get my full message and there for couldn't help me. There are too many other travel sites out there to support a company as deceitful and greedy as Priceline."

"I had a TERRIBLE experience with Priceline.com! We reserved and PAID in full for airline tickets and a rental car through Priceline. We reserved a mid-sized car and paid for it in advance with Hertz, through Priceline.com.

Once we arrived at our destination airport on July 23 with our paperwork in hand reflecting all of our confirmation numbers, trip numbers, etc. at 10:30 p.m., we were told that there were no rental car available except 3 luxury level cars; 2 Porsche and 1 Mercedes SUV.

We said we don't understand. Here is our reservations and it's actually been paid for. The car we reserved should be here waiting for us under our name. We got the usual song and dance, we are sorry, but we only have these 3 vehicles left. We were forced to pay an upgrade fee of $135 so we could have transportation for our vacation with our two children.

As soon as we woke up the next day, we called Priceline. Spent one hour on the phone before getting a live person, on day one of our vacation, to tell them what happened. We were told when we get back to put it in writing and fax it to Hertz Customer Service.

We did that. We were immediately emailed back a denial. We now just spent another two hours on the phone with Priceline.com and their very unhelpful customer service rep, Fernando, not willing to budge. They said we upgraded too much. If there are no cars, we should have upgraded only one level.

What is it that people are not understanding? We never wanted to upgrade, we paid for the mid-size car that was NOT there waiting for us, and we didn't have any other choice but the top luxury level or we were stranded at the airport and without a car and two children at now what is 11 p.m. at night in a strange city to us.

Nobody cares, nobody will credit our credit card. I am in the morning putting a stop payment on it as a dispute.

"I booked a car through priceline, and when I got to the location over 1400 miles away, the rental company refused to rent the car to be because I was using a prepaid card. So here I am 1400 miles away from home with no car, I booked the reservation with the card that I was picking it up with, Priceline had no indicators that the prepaid card might be an issue, they have no problem stating about the holds that the company could place on your card but not that a prepaid card could not be used, I contacted Priceline and the only thing they offered was a refund. I was stuck at the airport with no car. What an embarrassment. I contacted family finally to help and tried to get priceline to make and adjustment on who's name it was under and they refused. What kind of customer Service is that. I will never use Priceline, and will be telling all that I know of this experience.

"Priceline had both incorrect and inconsistent information about an "inn". When I tried to correct it with them, they repeatedly emailed back responses that showed that they weren't reading the emails,and weren't going to correct their mistakes. We were stuck with a slum like hotel for a week b/c of Priceline's lack of accuracy. Since they won't correct their information, they are not credible, and their information can't be trusted."

"WOW... I wish I had read reviews before I had Priceline negotiate a deal for me! Avis denied the negotiation and made me pay full price directly thru them and you guessed it... Priceline would not refund my money. BOOOOO Priceline you are thieves! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!"

"Heinous. I used the Name Your Own Price service for a 3.5 star hotel. Upon reading the reviews, I learned that the hotel is full of outdated furniture, worn carpets, dirty carpets, bugs in the room, stains on the sheets, and moldy bathrooms. Priceline refuses to do anything for me, insisting that they are "confident" the hotel will meet or exceed my expectations. I expect a clean, safe room, and this does not sound clean or safe at all."

"Horrible experience with Priceline.com. Use it with care and at own risk. You must understand that there is zero customer service after they get your money and no refunds under any circumstances. The hotel room was not acceptable. "3 stars" --NOT!! We stayed five minutes, checked out and went down the street. And of course there are no refunds with priceline.com so we lost the cost of the priceline.com purchase and then had to pay for the other hotel room. Never again will we use priceline.com!"