Product & services pricing Rating 4.66/10 4.66/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.71/10 3.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.48/10 3.48/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10

"It says no cancellation fees. I tried cancelling a reservation 10 minutes after making it and they say I would have needed to cancel it 2 days before, which is ridiculous and impossible, they ended up charging me for the . I searched for a hotel in a specific city and they gave me one 30 minutes away in another city. Lesson Learned!! DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!"

"They take 100% payment upfront and then you cannot cancel, cannot change and cannot transfer the booking. Simply, once money is paid, they will not refund nor help in resolving any issues. Booked a room in less than a hour wanted to change it to a bigger room. They canceled my room and charged me. Cancelation fee was the cost of the room. So I had to pay for a room I did not even stay in."

modified review This review was modified by gman6722 on September 12 2014 05:04:31 AM

Priceline.com User

"In my opinion Priceline is a rip-off. I rented a car through Priceline. I made a mistake with the reservation name and could not pick-up the car. The rental dealership could not make the change - I had to make the change online. However, the system would not allow me to make the correction. The Priceline online help rep basically told me that the name could not be changed and that I was out $182.54. He made not effort to reimburse me or help with the change. When I called via phone I was given a ticket number so I could get reimbursed. Transaction occurred on 8/24 and I have yet to received a credit. I was not able to rent a car nor was I able to get a refund. In my opinion this is a totally disreputable company - they basically stole from me. I gave them $182.54 and got nothing in return. I will never use them again and recommend no one else ever does. "

"MUST READ!!!
I will never use their service again, and NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

They list the wrong information on their website. And also they don't put the full information about the hotel in their confirmation email.

August 2014, San Francisco:
On PRICELINE.COM website, we booked three rooms for three families (each family of two adults and one or two children), four nights each, specifically requesting all rooms with two queen beds.
Upon arrival at hotel, after a very long road trip, the hotel provided us with rooms all with SINGLE queen beds. They claimed that Priceline only advised them of two adults and no children and they showed us the reservation information on their system. Unable to resolve the issue with the hotel, we called Priceline.com. Their Customer Service representative was absolutely unhelpful. In fact it was apparent that he was employed for the very opposite purpose.

PRICELINE's Customer Service representative appeared to be trained to dawdle and frustrate customers. It was very obvious from his response (and confirmed by the hotel receptionist) that this was a regular occurrence with PRICELINE customers. The so called Customer Service representative was most uncooperative, did not make any attempt to resolve the issue, refused to talk with the hotel receptionist and refused to transfer the call to his supervisor or manager.

As you can imagine, being stranded in a hotel lobby with young children, away from home after a long journey is not the experience anyone would want to begin a much awaited vacation. My advice to anyone contemplating PRICELINE.com...... DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT. PRICELINE is poor, no.... very poor value for your money.

When you book with PRICELINE, you are blindfolded first because you do not know which hotel you are booking into. They take 100% payment upfront and then you cannot cancel, cannot change and cannot transfer the booking. Simply, once money is paid, they will not refund nor help in resolving any issues.

This was my first and last experience with PRICELINE. Much better to book directly with the hotel of your choice on their website, where you can cancel upto 24 hours in advance without charge. Spend your money where you can get better service.

How did we manage our stay with only one queen bed between two adults and two children? Spent more money to buy two camping beds from the nearest Walmart, few kms away, and spread them in the very small rooms, with no more walking space around!

MORAL: STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.COM AND SAVE YOUR SELF A LOT OF TROUBLE!

"I have used priceline for air tickets in past. I will never use them again for hotels "name your own price". What a scam. Their 3.5 -3.8 star Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Denver Airport was a total dump. It had filthy halls carpeted in oily carpets coming off the floors. The shower did not work. Bathroom was dirty. Wake up call never happened. And it was scary for a single woman. The hotel clerk and security guard and driver agreed with my assessment and were laughing, and happy I was going to contact owner of their hotel. Who wants to work in a place like that? Frontdesk offered to return my money, but could not as I had paid through priceline. I will never trust them for "name your own price" again. What a scam. It was just like a bad bad scary movie."

modified review This review was modified by SEConnolly on September 01 2014 05:08:27 PM

"Priceline was a horrible choice and I was never use there site again I booked a room and the information was so unclear of when check was and how there system actually works, I was uncomfortable with the purchase and wanted to cancel the reservation, I was on the phone a hour waiting just to find out that there is no such policy and they ended charging me $200 and I never even stayed in the room, horrible site horrible customer service"

"Price Guarantee on rental cars a scam. When booking a car I spoke with rep because I had best price concerns. In the past after booking cars I had received emails with better deals so I was reluctant to book a vehicle. The rep I spoke to told me not to fret because if an email came with a better deal then Priceline.com would honor it. Well an email arrived but rather than honoring I got the run around from priceline.com. The rep I spoke to was more eager to get off the phone than assist me. I emailed priceline.com and received an inadequate response telling me that I need to read all their terms and services. I don't mind reading their terms but I was going on the word of a company rep trained to assist customers who should know the company policies and not mislead customers. It is a big shame one can't rate negative stars. "

modified review This review was modified by cdjon on August 04 2014 10:21:52 PM

"I rented a vehicle through Priceline and was totally disappointed with the car I received. Hertz was the rental car agency that they selected for me. The car had visible scratches as well as chipped paint on the exterior. The brakes were scrubbing and the car needed an alignment. I will not use their bidding service again."

modified review This review was modified by Destiny2120 on August 01 2014 06:41:23 PM

"I just booked a hotel for my son's wedding for the end of July 2014 and thought I got a great deal. Well I needed a room for 3 adults and it says that after you make the deal and they take your money, you can make additional requests. Well I did and the hotel cannot accommodate the 3 adults in my party and priceline said they can do nothing about it. They also will not refund my money. I will never use them again nor would I recommend them to anyone. I book a lot of things on line and this is the first time I have been scammed."

"I booked hotel with Wyndham garden in San Diego and booked a rental thru pay less cars... I will never again go thru these companies or priceline for that matter. I arrived at San Diego on time but the shuttle was late, I waited 15 minutes then called priceline to confirm the rental is booked, the guy who answered was very rude he asked for my name then said do you have a name you go by because your last name is very hard to pronounce!! Mind you, this guy has a thick accent and I couldn't even understand him he was not helpful all he did is read my order to me, the shuttle showed up so I ended the call.

The rental car was a joke, food crumbs everywhere. Dust, smells, the steering wheel looked like someone was eating and driving, oil spots everywhere not to mention I paid triple the quote given online. Never again, I'm sticking to the major companies.

The hotel was horrible, I got up at 3 am that morning and check in is not until 3pm. I called the hotel and politely asked if I could check in an hour or so early as I was exhausted, the girl who answered immediately said that the room won't be ready until 3 without even getting my info or knowing which room I'm talking about. No problem that's what I signed up for. Came to check in at 3:30pm... Omg I have never seen a big line in my life at a hotel like this one, it took 1hr and 15 min to check in, and the girl at the front desk didn't even apologize. The bed cover had a blood stain and honestly felt like motel 6. I was here for work so I had to get up early the next day, well guess what, the pool doesn't close until 11pm and it's full of kids screaming on the top of their lungs non stop, wouldn't have bothered me any other day but this is a hotel!! Bottom line is if you don't mind ghetto, go for it, the only thing this room has more than motel 6 is the fridge and microwave and a fairly decent mattress. I was only staying for one night but if I was staying more I would have definitely switched to something more decent. Good luck!

"The trip to Florida along with the car rental was the worst. Hotel stated that there was no free breakfast. Car was rented out & I was ask to upgrade at my expense. Therefore did not rent a car for the whole trip. Will never book a trip thru PRICE LINE EVER AGAIN . They are the worst 3 party entity ever. "

"I will never book a vacation thru priceline again. Their customer service is horrible. The sales agents tell you wrong information and tell you stuff is included in your vacation package when its really not and you have to pay more out of pocket for additional costs. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Customer service will just bounce you around from person to person and nothing gets resolved. After been told different information be several customer service reps than what the original sales agent told me at the time of booking the vacation package they would not even let me cancel and get a refund of my trip. I am still waiting on a refund promised over a month ago. I do not recommend booking with them"

modified review This review was modified by heather233 on June 13 2014 08:22:10 AM

"Beware of buying the trip cancelation insurance. It is a SCAM. It will not cover 100% as advertised. You better read the fine print. I am out $1400 in tickets I can not use. My trip was cancel by the party on the destination end due to a major transportation breakdown. No fault of mine, but to bad, not covered."

modified review This review was modified by lewicker on June 02 2014 08:20:27 AM

"The Name Your Own Price method is easy to use and great saving."

modified review This review was modified by hikarub0ib0i on May 28 2014 10:07:17 PM

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!