Stores > Priceline.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

2016-04-28

THEIR GUARANTEE IS NO GUARANTEE

"Do not use this company. They will not guarantee the price will not be more upon arrival and you can not get your money back as they make up anything they want to justify ripping you off. Was told no fee, no restrictions for my two dogs and was told I need to pay $58 more dollars on a $66 dollar room. Priceline said it was because of the weight of my dogs but the clerk at the hotel did not even ask the weight what bull. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY."

2016-04-25

Fraudulent

"I bid on a four star hotel in downtown Charlotte, NC. The hotel Priceline gave me is not a four star hotel. It's in a poorly refurbished 1970's era hotel that was called the Adam's Mark which wasn't even a four star hotel in its heyday. Now it's been split into two bad hotels; Le Meridien and a Sheraton. I stayed there in January and it's not even a three star hotel. My brother described it as "a truck stop for travelling salesmen and junior executives." I called Priceline and the customer service representative whom I spoke with barely understood English. All I got from her was "It's a non-refundable fare." Perhaps those are the only words of English that Priceline taught her. Not only is Priceline operating on a fraudulent business model, they're outsourcing American jobs. I am going to file against them in small claims court. They probably won't even send a a lawyer to defend them. The judge will rule in my favor and I'll get my money back from Priceline and make them pay court costs. That's what I recommend everyone who feels defrauded by Priceline do."

This review was modified by Fetzer2 on April 25 2016 09:48:01 AM

2016-04-21

A Joke

"There is such a lack of communication between priceline and booking.com who is the sister company that handles the customer service issues...they bounced me back and forth for two f..ing hours saying i need to talk to the other about my booking issue...but when you call priceline customer service it automatically transfers u to booking.com customer service ...then they have the balls to tell me three different times this is booking.com ...u need to speak to priceline. But priceline keeps redirecting me to booking....dont do it to yourself ...find another site to fulfill your needs. i never ever wrote a review...but this is how pissed i am."

This review was modified by vinodsakhichand on April 21 2016 07:07:12 PM

2016-03-29

Worse than I expected!

"The hotel, Travelodge, was a disaster, I did expect low quality, but at least a certain degree of cleanliness! However, the linen was never changed for the whole time even though it had to be, on one bed, room didn't have the advertised kitchen, little wood bugs roaming everywhere, bad smell, dirt and grime in the bathroom and the furniture, sewage flies in the bathroom, horrible, moldy and old paint job on walls! I was afraid to let my kids walk barefoot on the carpet so they won't catch something, and I washed every last piece of clothing as soon as I got back home. Thank God we spent most of our time outside, but we had one rainy day and were stuck in this room. To add insult to the injury, one of the stores in the hotel plaza had a plumbing issue one morning, and we had to smell human waste from a couple of yards away from our room, during breakfast. The so called "continental breakfast" offered coffee (the worst I've ever had), pastries and bananas, and it was so crowded that we had to take our banana & muffins on the go. We only got it twice. The pool was old, smelly and falling apart, got out after 5 minutes. Not to mention some of the questionable local visitors at this motel, that came in that pool ... It was quite an interesting experience, to say the least! If the whole place is like our room, it needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt from scratch. It's a shame, even @ 50$ a night!
Also, HERTZ rental company is charging us a 25$ for 75 cents toll that we didn't have exact change to pay in Florida, and although we tried to pay it while still there, with credit card, they wouldn't accept it till it got processed, so they can charge us the extra money.
The airline, Frontier, charged us 40$ per bag. I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I would have packed my baggage differently. All the goodies in the plane must be purchased separately, nothing was included in this price, except for water.
I would like to make a suggestion: please let your customers know what they are buying, be a little more specific so they can make a more informed decision, even when it's a low cost trip. Maybe I would have made a different, more expensive choice, if I knew more details.

This review was modified by somedude16 on March 29 2016 12:59:16 PM

2016-03-14

The Worst

"I booked a hotel through one of Priceline's affiliates, Next Jump, 5 months in advance. They contacted me 2 days before my trip to say the hotel had no availability and they were moving me 2 miles outside of the city centre to a different hotel. When I arrived to that new hotel, they had no reservation for me. Priceline/Next Jump didn't actually book me a hotel but took my money. This is so unprofessional it's more like fraud. The hotel was fully booked but after an hour with hotel management they found me a room thanks to someone cancelling last minute - had that not happened, I would have been in a foreign country for 3 nights with no where to stay. After repeatedly calling and emailing them, they offered me a paltry refund of 30% which they issued to their affiliate, not me and told me I need to now follow up with the affiliate to have the refund passed down to me. Absolutely horrendous experience with Priceline and will never use them again. "

This review was modified by reviewer1239 on March 14 2016 10:35:25 AM

2016-02-19

Dont rent car from priceline(rentalcar.net)

"When we got to our destination it was 11pm at night. Advantage rental car had told us they ran out of cars. They wanted us to come back the next morning to see if they have any cars available. So we had to go to enterprise and paid double the price because it was same day rate. So I called the customer service line to see what they can do. They couldn't do anything about it. I've never experienced anything like this. DO NOT book with priceline.com. "

This review was modified by cindiparish on February 19 2016 03:58:24 PM

2016-01-25

Do not rent an Alamo car from Priceline! You won't get the kind of car that you paid for!

"I feel that it is false advertisement to advertise a Dodge Avenger or similar type of car to customers and then not honor that agreement. That is exactly what happened when I booked a "mid-size" Dodge Avenger or similar type of car through Priceline.

I arrived at the Alamo car rental counter at the Tampa airport and was very disappointed that the Alamo guy said that they have a different car classification structure than Priceline and that the Dodge Avenger is not a mid size car and that I would be stuck with a Ford Focus or something comparable. The guy at Alamo was rude and told me to take it up with Priceline. I got out of the line and called Priceline and spoke to the customer service rep and also to his supervisor. The supervisor spoke over the phone to the Alamo rep and the Alamo rep told him the dodge avenger is not considered a mid size car. After speaking with Alamo, Priceline would not even pay the difference between the Ford Focus and the car that they agreed to give me. The only solution they offered was to refund my money completely or take the Ford Focus or similar type of car...which by the way is advertised for a lower amount than the Dodge Avenger on Priceline's website. Horrible customer service.

Alamo was equally as bad in regards to their level of customer service. The guy that assisted me at the Tampa airport was very rude and after he was done explaining the reason for giving me a Ford Focus instead of the Dodge Avenger, he said that had a line of customers waiting....basically telling me to leave.

This review was modified by Beachlover01 on January 25 2016 12:17:16 PM

2016-01-14

Dishonest company that denied my valid cashback claim.

"Made several bookings through Quidco, following the correct procedure and very carefully (disabling blockers, plugins and even my AV).
All my transactions tracked in the Quidco system, however 2 months later they refused all cashback, and said there is no proof that the transactions were done through Qudico. Even though they are tracked in the system. Sadly Quidco were not prepared to do anything, and fobbed me off.
I have never had any of these problems through other major accommodation booking sites such Booking.com / Trivago,com / Expedia.com.
My honest advice, dont use Priceline.com unless you have to. DOnt support companies that behave in this manner, with dishonesty.

2015-12-22

"Booked a standard SUV through Priceline with Name Your Own Price. Got a great deal. Reservation was confirmed with Avis for a 12:30 am pickup time. I arrived at Avis desk at airport at reservation time and desk was closed. One other desk was open, so had to spend almost double to get a compact car. Priceline will not refund difference I paid. Poor customer service."

This review was modified by RTW2015 on December 22 2015 10:55:10 AM

2015-12-22

"I purchased a ticket for my Turkish fiancé (Five months of pay for a typical Turkish person) flying from Istanbul to Mexico City with the understanding from Priceline customer service that he would not need a transit visa if flying on the same airlines and was not going through customs. Then terrorist attacks in Paris happened and the transit visa rules started to become stricter, especially for Turkish citizens. I tried to change the ticket through Europe as we called every single embassy and asked about the changing rules. I was hysterically crying to the agents on two occasions (one put me on hold for 45 minutes) about the frustration of the visa change and about the situation who had absolutely NO compassion on the phone and told me the change in ticket price for a change in layover to Europe would cost an additional 8,000, pay up or hang up!!! I then tried everything in my power to try and obtain a transit visa for the three hours. I called Turkish airlines directly who told me that Priceline has locked them out of the system and were not allowed to change tickets. I called Aero-Mexico who told me the same thing, Priceline did not allow them to access the reservation. I called Priceline back who then told me to contact the airlines directly!!!!!!! Talk about the run around and highly highly unethical business practice to offer a solution that they know is impossible, that’s called LYING TO THE CUSTOMER! When a customer is complaining about a ticket being expensive and then the agent suggests a 8 times more expensive ticket is rude and degrading, followed up by making them chase around. My last ditch effort was to contact my congressman in my state. Can you believe that? Priceline would not help so I had to go to a congressman!!!! I had a meeting with my states representative that could not believe the story and the lengths that I had gone through. She sent a special message to the government who said that due to the increased terrorist threat they would not grant a transit visa regardless of the circumstances. I can send the formal email from the government regarding this request. This is all because Priceline would not refund my ticket or change the layover. Talk about capitalism at its finest! Now we have no money for the trip we had planned, its Christmas, and I am on the phone constantly with Priceline and the government trying to figure getting this ticket back. I was then handed to a manager who agreed with the situation and would look into refunding the ticket with Turkish airlines. He promised to call me back the next morning with a resolution. There was no call. I called the help desk, and the system could not find my number. I tried the chat help line and they told me to call someone else. Priceline give you the run around, steals your money, and leaves you with nothing. Good luck trying to get a hold of a person, or have your issue resolved as they frequently drop your call, put you on long wait lines, and promise to call you back and never do. Not only is the company inept at costumer service, they are also unethical and immoral as people (Islamaphobic?), to steal someone’s money and not let them change it or get their money back is stealing and poor business practice."

This review was modified by brmn06 on December 22 2015 10:06:24 AM

2015-12-05

" Beware of Priceline! They are deliberately deceiving consumers with their "express deals". What you click that – the map (location) you chose changes on the map but still lists the location you chose - but the hotel can be anywhere within the "new" map. In my case my hotel is 8 miles away from the airport – my selected area.. I will be taking the set with my credit card company. Beware Of PRICELINE. "

This review was modified by Seabone on December 05 2015 11:03:16 AM

2015-11-30

"I booked a hotel on Priceline, and paid extra money for a room with whirlpool hot tub. However, I was told in the hotel never had that types of hot tub since they were built and was arranged in a standard room.

The hotel said Priceline was lying for getting extra commission fee.

I called Priceline and they refused to reimburse the money for non-exist service. I will unlikely use them again.

This review was modified by fleier on November 30 2015 10:41:21 AM

2015-11-08

"I used Priceline to book a hotel room as a sleep stop on my 16 hour drive. I booked 2 NON SMOKING rooms for me and my family of 6 at a Best Western in Roanoke Rapids, NC and received a confirmation immediately. When I checked into the hotel they put us in smoking rooms and told us that was how our reservation came through from Priceline. They could not and would not change our room and insisted that we had to pay for the smoking room. We called Priceline the next morning to discuss it with them and we were sent in circles on their automated line. It didn't accept our trip number and then asked for our phone number and read back our trip number only to say they couldn't find our reservation under the trip number we had. All while I have the confirmation of the trip and the paperwork from the hotel in front of me. I have yet to get anyone from Priceline on the phone. HORRIBLE business...I will never use them again!!"

2015-10-30

"DISGUSTING COMPANY. Recently booked hotel through Priceline. Website states it as Flexible Cancellation but then after I booked, I recognized that they said they will fully refund if I cancel my booking one day EARLIER than the time I started booking! Thought that it was website mistake, but when I needed to cancel it, they did not refund me. Contact customer service, they said the hotel charged me penalty, but I did call the hotel and hotel said they did not charge me because I cancelled the booking less than 24 hours after booking. So, the only conclusion is that they lie and try to set up a trap for anyone like me in order to get money. The way they do business is really disgusting. Will never use Priceline again."

2015-10-28

"I have used Priceline for many years and have spent tens of thousands of dollars and have recommended the service to many of my business associates and friends. However, that's it, no more. This is the third time in 2 months that they messed up and I have decided to spend my money somewhere else for a long time. I stayed in 11 hotels in 6 weeks in 4 different countries during this trip. I did the last reservations on Priceline going from Shanghai to US. I am staying in a hotel close to an airport that is domestic and the other airport (PVG) is international and is approx 25 miles away and 2 hrs of a drive in a heavy traffic. I put PVG in the area of interest to get a hotel and used the express deal and guess what I ended up: having a hotel in the same area that I am staying (much worse than the 5 star hotel I am staying which some one else is paying for it)!! So I called Priceline to see what was going on and why they selected to give me a hotel 2 hrs away when I requested a specific area. The first person no use!! Did not have a clue and repeating the same thing over and over. So I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was transfered to a lady in a call center (overseas) and she start reading from the rules and regulations and why she could not cancel this and give me another one in the area that I have requested. She even said that Priceline uses a wide area (I am guessing she meant 25 square miles) for the PVG area. If that's the case, then Priceline should hire an engineer (I will be glad to offer my services) to explain distance and miles and traffic issues to your staff. Since I was not going anywhere with this lady, I politely asked to speak to her supervisor and I asked for her name. The next thing I heard was the phone tone: she hang up on me!!!

I have already reserved another hotel room close to PVG (using another site, yes there are other ones Priceline). Priceline, you can keep my money for the hotel room that I will not be using tonight, but you have lost a royal customer of many years and I will make sure that others know how you treat your customers. Train your people instead of spending money for your expensive commercials. Thank you for your time.

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!