Stores > Priceline.com

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.15/10 0.15/10

"I used Priceline to book a hotel room as a sleep stop on my 16 hour drive. I booked 2 NON SMOKING rooms for me and my family of 6 at a Best Western in Roanoke Rapids, NC and received a confirmation immediately. When I checked into the hotel they put us in smoking rooms and told us that was how our reservation came through from Priceline. They could not and would not change our room and insisted that we had to pay for the smoking room. We called Priceline the next morning to discuss it with them and we were sent in circles on their automated line. It didn't accept our trip number and then asked for our phone number and read back our trip number only to say they couldn't find our reservation under the trip number we had. All while I have the confirmation of the trip and the paperwork from the hotel in front of me. I have yet to get anyone from Priceline on the phone. HORRIBLE business...I will never use them again!!"

"DISGUSTING COMPANY. Recently booked hotel through Priceline. Website states it as Flexible Cancellation but then after I booked, I recognized that they said they will fully refund if I cancel my booking one day EARLIER than the time I started booking! Thought that it was website mistake, but when I needed to cancel it, they did not refund me. Contact customer service, they said the hotel charged me penalty, but I did call the hotel and hotel said they did not charge me because I cancelled the booking less than 24 hours after booking. So, the only conclusion is that they lie and try to set up a trap for anyone like me in order to get money. The way they do business is really disgusting. Will never use Priceline again."

"I have used Priceline for many years and have spent tens of thousands of dollars and have recommended the service to many of my business associates and friends. However, that's it, no more. This is the third time in 2 months that they messed up and I have decided to spend my money somewhere else for a long time. I stayed in 11 hotels in 6 weeks in 4 different countries during this trip. I did the last reservations on Priceline going from Shanghai to US. I am staying in a hotel close to an airport that is domestic and the other airport (PVG) is international and is approx 25 miles away and 2 hrs of a drive in a heavy traffic. I put PVG in the area of interest to get a hotel and used the express deal and guess what I ended up: having a hotel in the same area that I am staying (much worse than the 5 star hotel I am staying which some one else is paying for it)!! So I called Priceline to see what was going on and why they selected to give me a hotel 2 hrs away when I requested a specific area. The first person no use!! Did not have a clue and repeating the same thing over and over. So I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was transfered to a lady in a call center (overseas) and she start reading from the rules and regulations and why she could not cancel this and give me another one in the area that I have requested. She even said that Priceline uses a wide area (I am guessing she meant 25 square miles) for the PVG area. If that's the case, then Priceline should hire an engineer (I will be glad to offer my services) to explain distance and miles and traffic issues to your staff. Since I was not going anywhere with this lady, I politely asked to speak to her supervisor and I asked for her name. The next thing I heard was the phone tone: she hang up on me!!!

I have already reserved another hotel room close to PVG (using another site, yes there are other ones Priceline). Priceline, you can keep my money for the hotel room that I will not be using tonight, but you have lost a royal customer of many years and I will make sure that others know how you treat your customers. Train your people instead of spending money for your expensive commercials. Thank you for your time.

"Horrible customer service, deceptive pre-loaded suggested price went through when I tried to put in lower price . Contacted customer service immediately and they said, sorry, nothing can be done. Not sure I buy that but crappy service and deceptive regardless. Will not use them again!"

"I used priceline for the first time on my vacation. My wife and I booked a round trip back east and were only looking at direct flights and ones with 1 hop. We paid for the tickets and chose seats next to each-other so we could sleep and share snacks, watch the same movie etc.

NONE OF THIS HAPPENED! They screwed up our entire trip. I called the airline and I was told "They are a marketing partner and their technology is not good enough to pass the information to us correctly, so we see this a lot"!!! They told us, go direct next time. I am disputing the charges currently. Their customer service hung up on me twice.

"Do not use Priceline.com to book a car rental. On their website they encourage you to purchase their car insurance, stating that you'll save money because their insurance is less expensive than at most car rental places. They also state that their car insurance is valid and not to let anyone tell you its not good enough to rent a car with. On our most recent trip to California, we booked a car rental through Priceline.com at Enterprise Rent a Car. When we arrived at The car rental counter, Enterprise refused to accept the car insurance sold to us by Priceline.com, saying it wasn't good enough. We argued that Priceline said it was valid insurance, but no matter what we said, Enterprise refused to rent us the car unless we purchased an additional Insurance Waiver. We had no choice but to buy more insurance from Enterprise.
In the end, we ended up paying over $120 US dollars ($160 Canadian) for the insurance when to rent the car it was only $100 US dollars. When we contacted Priceline and explained to them that the insurance they sold us wasn't accepted at Enterprise, they refused any responsibility and told us to contact Enterprise for a refund. Priceline.com is ripping people off by selling insurance that isn't accepted once you get to the car rental counter and then telling their customers there's nothing they can do. We won't be booking anything through Priceline.com again.

"I booked one hotel room and they took out of my bank account TWICE. I have called customer service about 8 times now. I cannot get a real person on the phone. I have tried to chat online and waited here for 30 minutes and they just keep saying they're busy. i called the hotel and they are not aloud to cancel my reservation which is understandable. I'm extremely frustrated with this page. It is cheaper in prices but in the long run i had to pay twice and that is NOT cheaper! Rather pay the extra $20 and just booked through the hotel. "

"I trusted Priceline, but now I don't. I bid a few dollars under the suggested bid on Priceline. The day after I purchased through bidding on Priceline I found a much cheaper rate on rentalcars.com. Even if you're in a hurry. Do your homework."

This review was modified by dovepub on September 16 2015 02:26:51 AM

"Realtors tell you to paint your front door to make a good first impression. With hotels, that translates to having good reception staff, and Angelica at the Crowne Plaza Ventura was terrific. She went out of her way to make sure we got the perfect room to fit our needs. She was wonderfully patient and providing. This was our 2nd visit in 6 months. Again, a great value on the room, a great view and fine amenities. "NOM," the in-house restaurant, has a super happy hour and staff. We'll be back!"

This review was modified by PatriciaAlexander on September 03 2015 04:31:32 PM

"I am concerned that the print in Priceline.com's policies are too small to be read by a significant part of our population. I was recently bidding on a 2 and one half star category in Yakima, WA and won a 3 star instead. Unfortunately that 3 star has received multiple poor ratings on TripAdvisor and doesn't serve a breakfast that most of the 2 and one half stars in Yakima serve. My wife and I have used Priceline.com multiple times and have been satisfied in the past with what we have received. I was not aware of the possibility of getting a 3 star and especially did not want this particular one. Therefore, I will not be using Priceline.com again until this issue is addressed and rectified. "

This review was modified by dacapc on August 30 2015 03:32:59 PM

"I stayed at a Hotel in Madelia, MN this Saturday August 15, 2015. I contacted priceline customer service which they offered to give me a 20% discount on my stay. This is unacceptable as the hotel room was not ready when I tried to check in at 6PM Saturday August 15. I finally checked in at 9:30PM the site said that this hotel had pool which it did but was closed because they havd no License to run the pool or the hot breakfast. the room had 2 beds with only 2 pillows on each of them no extras. I went to tak a shower and the bathroom was disgusting the tub was caulked to do a cheap fix on the tub vents where filthy."

"Sharing what I sent to corporate with 0 response from them:
My fiancé and I were trying to celebrate our anniversary in Atlantic city. We booked a room a month in advance under his name. We got an email at noon saying our credit card wasnt working so we updated the payment method at 2:22pm. We blew a tire 10 minutes from the hotel, called the hotel to let them know our situation, they assured us it was okay. Then 20 minutes later, they call us to tell us they are canceling our reservation due to not having a valid credit card on file by 6pm and then he hung up on me. I don't care about Priceline telling me it is the hotel's fault. I work in a call center and one of the sacred rules is to accept ownership of whatever the customer is calling about. Except when I called Priceline/Booking, they told me that it wasn't their fault and no one offered to reaccommodate us. They instead sent us an email of an available room elsewhere more than double the cost. We were hundreds of miles from home with nowhere to stay. We then found another place on Priceline under my name. We were able to book, but when we showed up, the clerk said there were no vacancies. He did not offer any alternative at all. Just said it was impossible that I could have made the reservation when there were no rooms available. Needless to say, we were panicking. The worst of it all is that I WAS STILL CHARGED FOR THE ROOM, which left me with no money for the remainder of the trip. We had to stay in a sketchy motel with bedbugs. I need Priceline to make up for this. This was the most terrifying and devastating weekend of my life. It was supposed to be a celebration of love with my future husband. I will continue to reach out to Priceline, and make myself heard until someone makes up for this tragic weekend. 20% isn't going to cut it. Your escalation team refused to help me. They left me with no choice but to take some deal that was useless to me during the weekend since they couldn't find other accommodations for me either. If I don't hear anything back after pouring my heart out, I will share my experience with the world so that maybe I can save someone else from the devastation that my fiancé and I had to endure. Thank you.

"When making travel plans DO NOT use priceline.com. I tried to change a flight and checked the fares before I did, to make sure then hadn't skyrocketed. Fortunately they were only $50 more on the same airline. They tell me that to change two tickets it would cost $2,900! That includes a $200 per ticket change fee from the airline, $30 per ticket "processing fee", leaving a fare difference on each ticket at 1,220? The flight on their site remains $949, even after being refreshed as I speak to them on the phone. They couldn't explain to me how they got that number. I've been on hold after asking for a supervisor for an hour now. Priceline.com are thieves. And of course the airline can't help me because they can't change tickets that were issued by priceline. Great, business practices priceline. From now on I will use them to search for flights then go to the airline directly to buy my ticket."

"Priceline is one of the worse companies around. I don't understand how they get away with what they do. We booked a hotel in Carlisle ,Pa during a high volume week-end. When we got to the hotel, there was no reservation for us, even though we had a confirmation # and Priceline had taken payment from our account and confirmed the hotel was paid in full. Bogus! I am still ttrying to get my money back from Priceline. They continue to state they are investigating. Don't use them! don't be fooled like I was...They will take your money and you will be stranded1"

"I've been using priceline for years and the more I use them the more I am beginning to realize what a crooked company it is. Last week as I was beginning to book a room a pop up window said if I would apply for a priceline Visa card that I would not have to pay $161 but only $111. However, when I applied and was approved it charged the card the full price. So then I called because I was upset and they told me that it would be a $50 dollar credit on another charge after 30 days!!! Do What?!! There was absolutely nothing indicating this on the pop-up window. Furthermore, it said I would receive 5 points to every dollar spent on priceline bookings but once it all went through it said double points. The whole thing was ridiculous and I was stupid for falling for it. I am usually smarter than that but I thought well being I book with priceline I can earn points to use for all my bookings. However, now I am thinking I will start trying other websites. Also, when I spoke a Hotel personnel today about priceline he said they were very difficult to deal with and that they were not honest with the motels that they book for. He also said they just sold out to another owner. Anyway, I am beginning to lose my respect that I have had for years for Priceline. I think I will give another company some of my money and business."

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!