Stores > Priceline.com
  • Priceline.com

Product & services pricing Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Priceline.com by clicking a star below.
2017-03-27

Ineffective Advocate

"Will never use again – I purchased tickets in November for a 2 week trip in April to Italy with a 1 day layover on the way back in Milan. This is my wedding and honeymoon trip, so I’ve preplanned everything, including several events in Milan. The airline changed my flight, putting me on the last flight to Milan for the day, so I’ll now land at 11pm with my next flight at 1pm the next day, eliminating all of my plans in Milan. I called Priceline 3 times over the course of several weeks. The first call was nearly 90 minutes, the next two calls were over 2 hours a piece. On the last call, I was informed that it will cost more than $3,000 a seat to change the flight back to an earlier flight in the day… which has seats available. I’m flabbergasted. I don’t understand why this is allowed, for such a significant change in my itinerary to occur, yet I have to pay such a large amount just to get it back to a time similar to what I initially booked. Needless to say, I’m not going to pay over $6,000 for my fiancé and I to keep our plans… it is also needless to say that I’ll ever use Priceline again. They were supposed to be my advocate to the airline, but all they proved to be was an ineffective middleman and huge time sink."

This review was modified by BlanchedAlmondGilaMonster on March 27 2017 12:00:02 PM

2017-03-26

Horrible Experience Priceline Advertised A Roach Motel as a 4 Star Hotel. NEVER book with Priceline

"I booked the "express deal" and it was for a 4 star hotel (Westgate by the convention center, formerly the Hilton). It seems like a great deal! Priceline advertised this beautiful room, but when I checked in the hotel it was a dump. A hole in the ceiling, dust everywhere that aggregated my allergies. I asked them about the room, that I showed to them on my ohone, they stated 3rd party name their rooms different from the hotel and the can't provide the room that priceline was advertising for that price. The price would be an extra $52/night. They moved me to another room in ano there tower. This room was ok, but that night when I went to take a shower, there was a "ROACH" in the shower! A livery roach crawling on my toiletries, which I immediately discarded. Called the front desk and they moved me to a room 2 doors down. I was very uncomfortable. The hotel refunded me the resort fees and told me to go to priceline for my refund. Reached out to priceline and told them about the experience and nothing was done to accommodate me. I will NEVER book with priceline as they misrepresented the hotel and was not willing to assist me with the matter.
Alicia

This review was modified by Ashinn001 on March 26 2017 11:00:01 AM

2017-03-25

Avoid priceline

"Buyers be aware!! I booked a flight with Priceline. When I went to check in online for my flight they had attached mr and mrs to the end of our last names. So could NOT check in online. Called Priceline and they said contact the airline. The airlines stated that they could help me but if any changes were made to our itinerary we would not get any notices because Priceline was the booking agent. I called Priceline again and after many times on hold and a waste of lots of time they stated that our airline had the correct info. I asked if they had changed it but they said no it was good on the airline end. I listened to my gut and called the airline. They said no it had not been changed. He said to talk with check in at the airport and work things out (he made notes on his end). Check in was difficult because of Priceline. Our airline was AWESOME. We had two layovers on our trip to our destination and at every single stop and start we had problems. We almost didn't get our last connection. I do NOT recommend Priceline at all. Customer service is not helpful. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by CorinnaGreenlaw on March 25 2017 09:00:01 AM

2017-03-21

Never Again

"Unfortunately, have used Priceline on numerous occasions. Currently have been ill for a month with pneumonia and other health issues and was given the "run around" by Priceline. Spoke to at least 5 different people indicating what had transpired and that I was extremely ill and could not even attend my son's wedding back East. They read from a script and every time I was transferred somewhere else, I would get the same story. I was on hold and transferred around for about 2 hrs.

I think they believe you will eventually give up and they bet on that. Not Me!!! Anyway, I had Travel Insurance as well, which I mentioned to each person I spoke to....

I subsequently, wrote a letter to the Corporate Office about this situation and they said they couldn't assist me.

Well, won't be using Priceline ever again...Buyer Beware!!!

This review was modified by FrancesKatzenberg-Soss on March 21 2017 01:30:02 PM

2017-03-21

avoid

"Worst customer service ever!"

This review was modified by Arthurrobertsdumas@gmail.com on March 21 2017 10:00:02 AM

2017-03-16

Courtyard Marriott North Cranberry PA - GM Bill Landerfield - Stolen Money

"I was stuck at the airport during the recent snowstorm. I made a reservation through priceline for the Courtyard Marriott North Cranberry PA and I couldn't make it to the hotel. I called priceline and they agreed to give me a full refund contingent upon the hotel agreeing to cancel the reservation. Priceline called the hotel and they said NO. I called the hotel myself and spoke to the GM Bill Landerfield. I explained I was stuck at the airport with my family and all flights were cancelled. When I asked why he would not cancel my reservation he told me "we are in the business of making money" and will not refund you. Never ever stay at this hotel "

This review was modified by bgrey713 on March 16 2017 06:15:01 PM

2016-12-27

Never again!

"If you use Priceline, then hope that you never have to use their "customer service" department! I have been trying for 3 months to get a refund for a flight that was canceled due to a typhoon. I have spent no less than 8 hours on hold, not counting the number of times I've had to explain the situation to a representative and the hours spent actually speaking to them and being transferred back and forth. Each time I have been promised that the person I am speaking to will handle it and personally call me back. And each time, no one ever does. Further, no one will ever let me speak to a manager or someone that can actually step in and help. I am beyond frustrated. I am tired of being lied to just to get me out of the phone call queue. I've tried their online chat and their email options. No wonder their execs conveniently have their information concealed on places like Linkedin. Buyer beware! "

2016-10-21

False advertising/ horrible customer support

"On 10/20 I was looking to get a rental car for the 21st-24th, for some family that was visiting from overseas. I went to priceline.com and searched for a vehicle that would suit their needs; 2 adults and 1 child. Hence, I chose the compact car option, as it had all the options needed with the best available price.
After finding an option for a compact car in the desired city, I booked it, and paid for collision insurance - as they are from out of the country and do not have any U.S. Insurance. Although, the payment for the rental is only done when retrieving the vehicle, the insurance come out automatically, as soon as you finish booking.
On the morning of the 21st, on our way to pick-up the car, we get a phone call from Enterprise Rent-a-Car, saying that a vehicle was no longer available, and that they would be unable to supply one, as they had been sold out since the 19th. Yes, the 19th. Now I ask, why would they book a vehicle type that has been sold out prior to the booking date?! The only answer I can come up with is that they were trying to up-sale a different, more expensive option.
This is extremely frustrating, and definitely not a honorable way to do business.
After spending over 15 minutes on the phone with the Entreprise agent, and not seeming to get anywhere, I called Priceline thinking they would solve the issue. Well, apparently they don't give a crap about their customoers either; all they offered to do was cancel the reservation, and offered me to go to their website to try to find another option. When I mentioned about the insurance that had already been charged, I was told I would have to call my bank to solve the issue.
Needless to say I won't use either service again, nor will recommend it!

This review was modified by Fbayma on October 21 2016 03:14:17 PM

2016-09-14

They totally screwed me!!

"After being a loyal customer for years, they allowed me to book a hotel and while I was on my way let me know they had made a mistake and no room was available. I pleaded with them to find me another hotel because by now everything for miles around was booked up. They made no effort to pull any strings to find me a room and just let me sleep in my car. I couldn't believe it. After having spent 10s of thousands of dollars with them they just kept saying "we understand and we are sorry". I couldn't believe it. I will never go near Priceline again. I have never seen an organization take less responsibility for their mistakes."

2016-06-25

Priceline uses booking.com - too bad!

"I recently made a reservation for a two-night stay in Rockville, MD. One day before my trip, I called priceline to tell them to change it to one day. They said fine, but then they called the hotel, and apparently the reservation had never been made. They partner with Booking.Com. Evidently, the hotel never saw my reservation on the Booking.com link. Anyway, they did change it, and I got an email saying that they changed it in time to avoid additional charge. But when I got to the hotel, the reservation had still not been made. I arrived too early to check in, but it is a good think, because I might not have gotten the reservation. All very strange to me. I made the reservation well in advance - two months. What seemed rather simple turned out to be really complicated. Fortunately, the people at the hotel were wonderful and made up for the bad service. I think it was booking.com who was the culprit here, maybe not priceline. "

This review was modified by satin6 on June 25 2016 12:09:10 PM

2016-06-22

I would give 0 star if I could

"I booked a room for $165 for two adults, upon arrival we find out we have to pay an extra 100$ after my two children....and since its a waterpark ( upon purchase we did not know what hotel we are getting) if we would like to use the pool we have to pay $50....question ; when u book a hotel with 3and a half star rating it should have a pool, and u should be able to use it...so if I add it up, my 165$ room ended up costing me 320$ plus tax in a 3and a half star dump, oh yeah, top on that, if you purchase through website you can get the same room for 6 person for $220 WITH WATERPARK PASSES FOR 2 DAYS!!!! I never in my life ever felt betrayed by a company like that....BOTTOM LINE YOU COULD PAY DOUBLE IN THE END, when you try to talk to customer service they are ridiculous, they keep repeating ; "it's one of our 'policies'"... Wondering if their main POLICIES IS TO MAKE SURE WE RIP OFF THE CUSTOMER! VERY DISCUSTED!!!"

2016-06-22

I've Been Robbed!!

"I will NEVER book a trip thru Priceline again!! BEWARE, THEY ROBBED ME for $306.00 and tried to convince me I was in the wrong. I booked a 4 day, 3 night trip thru them, the entire package, Flight, Hotel, Car and trip protection insurance. I was scheduled to be in Colorado June 25th -28th. Well unfortunately the airline changed the date of my returning flight from the 28th to a day early…now I would have to return on the 27th…NOT GOOD. I called Priceline to see what my options were, the airline (Frontier Airlines) no longer had a returning flight on the 28th, now the only returning flights were on the June 27th and 29th. So after 3.5 hrs on the phone with Priceline “Customer Service” first being rational and polite, then escalating to me screaming and cursing them, I decided to just cancel the entire trip. The “Customer Service” rep assured me I would receive a 100% refund, so I agreed to start the transaction to get everything canceled…and a 100% refund. WELL after she canceled the plane tickets, she informs me I would still have to pay for the hotel and car. Pay for a hotel and a rental car I would not even be using? Seem fair to anyone? I even forked over $58 for the trip protection insurance...waste. They say the trip protection insurance did not cover this situation. A situation beyond my control…huh? They kept telling me I had to understand that “it was the hotels policy, not their own policy”, as if they were not affiliated with the hotel in any way. After much more screaming and cursing they agreed to refund me all but one day at the hotel and the entire cost of the rental car for all 4 days. Better than being robbed for the entire total of the trip BUT Priceline got me for a total of $306.00…and didn’t feel bad about it at all!!! Do not book with them...unless you have extra money to waste. Worst customer service and worst experience EVER!!"

This review was modified by Wiggly2010 on June 22 2016 05:43:34 PM

2016-06-12

Don't rent cars with Priceline no easy refund

"I made a reservation for a car an later requested to change the duration from two weeks to one week. First, there must be something fishy when the site isn't clear about cancelation and changes. Second, to shorten the reservation from two weeks to one week, they are requesting authorization from my doctor to release medical information of why I am sick and requesting the change. The HIPAA Privacy Policy. I think this is somewhat illegal, none of their business, why to they think a customer will be cancelling and changing airfare reservations that cost money, if the change isn't needed. In short, something fishy. WIll never recommend. Zero stars. I am not giving a single star. On the other hand, the airline was very nice and accommodating, even if I had to pay extra."

This review was modified by Bartolome on June 12 2016 05:01:51 PM

2016-05-22

NEVER use this company for travel!!

"After trying to plan a vacation thru Trivago, we were sent to Priceline.com, and from there all we got is problems and hassle. Their site said after we tried to purchase the hotel room we got an end page that said that "They could not complete our request but our card would not be charged". We got no email confirming this. No confirmation number. NOTHING. Except almost IMMEDIATELY, we had $126 charge pending on our debit card. So, curious, we called the Priceline phone number. And were put through an automated system of HELL. It took us five (FIVE) calls to actually get to a person, and when we got to a person, the female was outsourced from some other country and we could barely understand her due to her thick accent!! She confirmed our reservation was NOT made and that "Our card would not be charged". When we confronted her about "Hey, we WERE already charged, please explain", she then reverted to the "Well, we have to charge the card to make sure the card will work first, and all charges will be reversed in 3 to 7 business days". Right. Except our trip is supposed to be in five days, and now because you won't offer an IMMEDIATE refund, we can no longer go on our trip because Priceline is holding our funds. We can't book another hotel room when you won't release the money!! We are calling our bank first thing tomorrow and pressing fraudulent charges against Priceline. When we asked the non-American "customer service" lady about this point she stated that that is the policy and she can do nothing to change it. We will NEVER use Priceline again. NOT. EVER. Stay away. If you find yourself on Priceline's website from Trivago, immediately turn around and run screaming. Priceline will do NOTHING to help you but EVERYTHING to take your money without reason!!"

This review was modified by EFmad on May 22 2016 11:32:01 PM

2016-05-16

Priceline is a Fraud!!!!!!

"They have "Price Guaranteed" but that's only on line. if you find the price cheaper anywhere else they will not honor that guarantee. I travel a lot for work so I should know better. I thought I would try them for my personal trip but **** happens. I will NEVER EVER use them again!!!!!"

This review was modified by scout2401 on May 16 2016 03:06:03 PM

Share Priceline.com's store rating

Priceline.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Priceline.com is not a merchant member
Priceline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!