• Address: 2259 Meadowlark Bldg 2PO Box 938Genoa, NV 89411
    • Contact: Support@PowerNotebooks.com
    • Phone: Toll Free 877-711-1777
    • Customer Support: Support tab on website
    • Business Hours: Sales and Admin - 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday Pacific Time.Service - 24/7 - 364
    • Fax: 775-773-1777

Product & services pricing Rating 8.04/10 8.04/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.93/10 9.93/10

"Excellent customer service. Any emails were answered promptly and calls answered immediately. We love our specialized Alienware computer. Shipping takes a while, but is well worth the wait. Thank you very much. "

"I was in the market for a new powerful laptop. One that can handle my design programs as well as some games. I did my research on laptops as well as companies. I picked out the brand I wanted and it was up to the companies to see what I can get and how much it would cost.

The laptop was going to be in the $2,000. If I was going to spend that much, I was going to make sure I was going to purchase from the right company. I looked at every small detail, every page on their website, and all their social networks.

In the process of doing so I narrowed my search down to 2 companies. I won't name the 2nd company, so let's just call them "x" (hehe). Sure they might have a larger selection of computers on their website and it might even look more informational. One thing that disqualified the company was the BBB rating on their website showed A+, but when you click it, you will see it's actually an A-. *Alarms buzzing* Red flags are raised! This company is not the best!

In conclusion, I went with PowerNoteBooks as they won all the general categories. I placed my order on 8/1/14 and received a call back within an hour from Donald.

What surprised me was Donald actually suggested some of the parts on the computer weren't needed for what I would be using it for. So he actually helped in saving me money and getting a BETTER computer than what I originally picked out.

I paid for my product via PayPal on 8/6/14, the payment was processed and completed by 8/8/14. I didn't get rush processing and chose ground shipping (or whatever the slowest option was) and received the laptop on 8/13/14.

No problems since and I don't expect any in the future. If I do, I am confident that the customer support/tech support staff would handle the issue better than any other company.

"Awesome company - I've ordered numerous Sager notebooks from them. They are great to work with as far as customizing the machines. The 24/7 support was also very impressive. I had a simple question about the hardware, and my phone called was immediately picked up and question answered with ease - at a late hour. I was stunned!!!"

"Called and talk to Donald Stratton he answered all my question no high pressure in fact tried to down sell (which I did consider) Called back and again talked to Donald and we log on to the web site went over the Alienware Computer I wanted and he was extremely helpful and offered advice (which I took) He took his time (no rush) explained everything. I option for the cash rebate (if you can take advantage of it) We went over the order and he Emailed me and the order was placed. I received the alien a few days before the ETA and FedEx called day before delivery and I had the tracking # (have to sign) Outstanding Packing. Plugged it in and It's great. Thanks Donald . What an outstanding company. When I get ready I will buy from you again. If you are looking for a notebook this is the place to get it. "

"PowerNotebooks.com was quite a pleasant experience!
- Website was easy to navigate, easy to place an order, and customer service was quick and outstanding. I ordered my laptop on Wednesday night and it was shipped Thursday morning! Talk about expedited service! Even with the expedited service everything arrived in mint condition.
- Along with the above they definitely have reasonable prices for custom laptops as I have shopped around multiple sites and found PowerNotebooks.com comes close to or lower than the competition.

"PowerNotebooks were by far the cheapest option for the performance I was after and did not skimp on quality either. They were also kind enough to do everything in their power to make sure that I received the Notebook in a timely fashion. Their service was always amiable, with prompt communication and a pro-active approach.

The unit arrived in good condition and, while I had to wait a further weekend on account of UPS delivering to the wrong address on a Friday, it arrived in good time. Set-up was easy and the performance has been what I expected, barring one or two specific software issues that are in no way their fault.

I would certainly consider shopping with them again and would recommend others to do so as well.

"What a great company. I ordered a customized gaming computer from PowerNotebooks.com and had it in less than 2 weeks. Great customer service. Very friendly also. Laptop was very well packaged and arrived damage free. They also offered a 3% discount when using cash which was another great benefit for me. Thank you so much! Great experience all around. "

"Just got my new gaming laptop (Sager NP 4658) and it is everything I expected it to be - snappy, sleek, and (more than) capable of playing high-end games. The degree of customization available was excellent. I was able to choose exactly the features/components I wanted, resulting in a powerful laptop for significantly less money than the equivalent laptop would have cost from a name-brand company.

There were some complications with my shipping situation but the representative I spoke with (Donald) was extremely helpful in getting things sorted out.

If you're trying to get a high performance laptop for a good price and want to have the ability to customize, this company is a great choice.

"I bought a custom laptop from PowerNotebooks at the end of March, 2013 to use for all my personal applications -- business software (MS Office, Adobe), video streaming and general internet usage, and gaming. Basic specs: 17.3 Full HD (1920x1080) LCD; Intel Core i7-3740QM; 250GB Samsung 840 Series SATA III Solid State Drive; 16GB DDR3; nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M; Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N; Windows 7 Premium - 64-Bit.

I was very impressed by the customer service and attention to detail provided by these folks while ordering. After designing my system online and placing the order, I received e-mails and two separate phone calls confirming the details of my order. Donald Stratton answered my questions and offered sage advice. And when the screen I ordered was found to be no longer available, they upgraded me to the next higher quality screen for free.

To add one more degree of difficulty, I needed to be away on a business trip for three weeks after I placed the order, so they completed the custom build and then held the computer for me, shipping it exactly when I requested them to do, so that it arrived with perfect timing.

And what a sleek and beautiful machine it was! Fantastic design canted the keyboard at just the right angle while allowing plenty of air flow (and such quiet fans!) to keep cool during frantic gaming. Wonderfully lightweight for a 17-in machine -- the system performance was as crazy fast as I hoped, and the screen has amazing resolution.

So I was a highly satisfied customer and completely willing to give the folks at PowerNotebooks a glowing recommendation. But I decided to wait until I had the first glitch, or problem, or failure of some sort, so I could also report on how long it took to happen and comment on the quality of customer support.

I've used this laptop very nearly every day since I got it, for hours at a time. I've loaded tons of software on it. I've connected it to dozens of external gizmos via the generous supply of ports provided. I've hauled it around in a lightly-padded Targus bag and treated it not exactly gently (it's had a couple of rough bumps). It's now July 2014 -- this system has seen hard, continuous usage for almost 15 months and I have the same 20 second button-to-browser boot time that I did when I got it. I haven't had a single problem -- no crashes, no bugs, no glitches, no screen issues, no need for tech support; in short, NO PROBLEMS! Frankly, I got tired of waiting for one to occur before I wrote this review, so I'm posting it now.

If you want a laptop built just the way you want, that will perform with consistency and excellence for a long time, go to www.powernotebooks.com. You will not regret it!

"I was skeptical at first since i have never heard of the company, but after a phone call that all changed. There is no waiting or jumping through hoops of automated machines. You call and get instantly connected to a representative. You're assigned to a specialized individual who handles your entire order from start to finish. In my case this was Abe. The company was very helpful and friendly throughout the entire process. In the end i expeditiously received a fantastic MSI GT70 dominator portable gaming station."

"I have used this company for an ASUS 5 years ago and now an MSI gaming notebook. I looked at several reviews and spoke with Donald Stratton both times. He was a pleasure to work with and guided me with the choice of a new high level notebook.
The machine arrived today and was set up properly with an amazing improvement in function from the last time.
I would certainly recommend them for future purchases, as well as advice. Their site also states 24/7 support technically except for Xmas.

"I contacted PowerNotebooks.com about a gaming laptop to use on daily basis for work. I almost never play game, but need a powerful system to run Linux and VMs.

I ordered an MSI laptop and I received an excellent service. We adjusted and confirmed my selection after ordering. They are a secure, really kind and competent organization.

The shipping was quick, the packaging professional and the laptop, just as I wanted, a great machine.

Their support either provided me useful information about Linux Ubuntu, despite they do not officially support it.

I definitely recommend PowerNotebooks.com!

Marc-Andre Heroux, CGEIT, CISA, CRMA, CRMP, ABCP, CISSP, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM

"I found the experience of ordering from PowerNotebooks.com very satisfying. My service rep (Donald) was very knowledgeable and polite and answered all of my questions. The site was easy to use and I was able to customize just the notebook I wanted. The computer arrived as configured and I am very happy with it. I will definitely be a repeat customer at PowerNotebooks.com"

"Let us be clear here. In the process of signing up to write this review ResellerRatings asked, "Did PowerNotebooks.com ask you to write this review?" Well yes, Abe Barnett asked me if it was not too much trouble and when and if I found the time to do so, would I mind writing a review. No pressure there and no coaching. I would not write a review that is not 100% my own thoughts.

I purchased from Abe the Sager NP8278-Special, substituting the stock 120 SSD for a 240 GB one, and swapping out the NVIDIA 870M for the 880M GPU. I went with 16GB of RAM, and a 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD, and Windows 7. This thing is a beast! It is taking me some time to get used to, as I am a long time Linux user, but this computer is so fast it's jaw-dropping (and unfortunately AFAIK Linux has not yet sufficiently caught up with this level of hardware such as to make it perform to its fullest, so I am not using it yet). The only way I could get a better win score would have been to upgrade the CPU, which would have broken my budget. With the SSD as the boot drive, this machine boots incredibly fast. It is actually faster to just shut down and restart whenever I want to log out for a while than it is to hibernate it and wake it up.

A little more about the laptop itself: 1. I LOVE the lighted keyboard. I get up well before sunrise, and now I don't have to turn on a lamp to be able to type. 2. A niggle here - I had read somewhere on the internets that this machine had a rubberized finish, which is not the case (to be fair, maybe I was reading about optional rubberized paint). The keyboard area and the keys are rubbery feeling (love the typing feel of the keyboard), but the palmrest area and the whole rest of the laptop is black brushed metal. Quite attractive, but it's a huge fingerprint collection area. 3. The power brick is large, but I have no objection to that, nor does it get hot; it gets warm, is all. It would not hurt my feelings a bit if the DC cord - the one going from the brick to the computer - was a foot or three longer. 4. The fans are not overly loud, IMO. I had some trepidation after reading other reviews on the internets, but I don't find the sound level to be bothersome, even with the GPU fan running full blast. The audio on this machine is so much better than that on my old machine that I hardly notice. 5. The caps lock OSD popup which steal focus. It last a second, maybe two, and while it can interfere with typing (and train of thought) a bit, I think I can adjust. Numlock does the same, but you set it to be active at bootup and forget it.

Abe was great to deal with. Not only was he friendly and interesting to talk to, he also showed me how I could save some money and get better performance by changing my original configuration a tad. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

"They gave me the best price for what I wanted in a gaming laptop, and it works like a charm. would shop there again.

PowerNotebooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PowerNotebooks.com is a merchant member
PowerNotebooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,856 merchant members.