Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 10.00/10 2,127 reviews

PowerNotebooks.com is a merchant member
    PowerNotebooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • PowerNotebooks.com contact information

• Address: 2259 Meadowlark Bldg 2PO Box 938Genoa, NV 89411
    • Contact: Support@PowerNotebooks.com
    • Phone: Toll Free 877-711-1777
    • Customer Support: Support tab on website
    • Business Hours: Sales and Admin - 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday Pacific Time.Service - 24/7 - 364
    • Fax: 775-773-1777

Product & services pricing Rating 8.42/10 8.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.70/10 9.70/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.95/10 9.95/10

All 2,137 Customer Reviews

"In my opinion, PowerNotebooks is an excellent source for obtaining reasonably priced and fast, well-constructed gaming PCs. They (PowerNotebooks staff) offer to the customer the ability to purchase a customized PC, giving him or her the flexibility to select different models of CPU, amount and speed of RAM, model of graphics adapter, type and size of hard drive, and whether or not an operating system should be installed. The three or four variants of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are offered.

Its staff is friendly, yet professional, and technically proficient. I have made two transactions with them, once in December 2012 and again in March 2014. Both times I received customer service from Mr. Donald Stratton. The first time, I ordered a Sager brand notebook. Minutes later, Mr. Stratton called me directly, explained that the particular model of Sager notebook I ordered was not in stock at the time, and guided me through the customization of a PowerNotebooks "PowerPro" laptop of similar specs and price.

The second order I made was also for a Sager laptop. This time, it was in stock and Mr. Stratton e-mailed me promptly, giving me updates for the laptop's ordering and shipment. I received it today and it works very well.

"Fantastic seller! Very highly recommended. Donald was extremely helpful in configuring a system, and I'm thrilled with the final product. Considerably better than many of the stock PCs! All of the upgrades are well integrated into the system, the packaging was very good, shipping was quick, and the communication was extremely good throughout the process. I would definitely buy from them again!"

"I ordered the Sager NP8278 Notebook on March 10th. Due to changes made to video cards, the newest batch of Sager notebooks were being shipped out about a week later. All of this was explained carefully to me over the phone before ordering, so I was aware before making my order. It turns out I was able to get a free upgrade on my video card and ended up saving a few dollars on the final price. The laptop was shipped on March 19th, and I received it on the 24th because it was shipped during a weekend. Everything was nicely packaged and the Notebook came in excellent condition, with battery charge, and no extra filler software installed on the machine. My experience with Powernotebooks was a very postivie one. I found the staff to be polite, and knowledgeable and able to answer any question I could throw at them. I especially appreciated their ability to predict the shipping date. It arrived exactly when they said it would. For me expectations are everything, and they fulfilled mine."

"Excellent customer service. Donald Stratton was my customer service representative. He reviewed my order and actually discovered that I had ordered Windows Ultimate when I only needed the level below it. He also helped me find an alternative when the ASUS laptop I picked did not offer RAID1. I ended up paying less for a higher performance MSi that better met my needs. Donald has exceeded my customer service expectations and I plan to use PowerNotebooks in the future."

"What a great experience I've had with Donald and everyone at Powernotebooks.com! The service, quality and value I've gotten has been impeccable. As a filmmaker, 3d animator and editor Donald walked me through the essential steps to building a one if a kind power house laptop I needed to compete and also stay mobile! Needless to say I'm very pleased and will look no further than these guys on all my computer purchases! "

"Wonderful experience. Donald Stratton was knowledgable, helpful and friendly. He answered my questions in a way that i understood and did not patronize me for my lack of computer knowledge. I ordered my laptop right in the middle of a big rush for new GPU's and he was still able to expedite my order so it would ship on a certain date. I had a small snafu involving FedEx with the shipping address, but the woman who works the phones did absolutely everything she could to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. She kept in touch with me to work with me and was prompt about replying. The situation was resolved by the next business day and i was able to pick up my laptop. The product is exceptional, exactly as I ordered, and even sexier than i thought it would be. A huge plus was all of my drivers and my OS being pre-installed with NO BLOATWARE. A truly wonderful experience. I will be buying my next unit from them as well."

"Great service! They were able to customize my laptop to my specs and I was able to receive it 4 days after purchase. Donald was great and I highly recommend them for high end laptop purchases! They are cheaper than just about everyone else and don't weigh down their website with too many "extras" - just meat and bones, which I like.

I will be going back in the future.

"PowerNotebooks.com's Donald Stratton made me feel comfortable in my 3k purchase by paying attention to detail and fully understanding my needs. From this understanding Donald was able to give me the proper guidance to make my purchase, and for me to do it with confidence. I dj for a living both in clubs and private events and needed a VERY strong machine that would never miss a beat. After many months of scouring user feedback info on a worthy compnay I chose PowerNotebooks.com. Let me say this was GREAT decision for many reasons. A few of which are, I spoke to a person who listened to what it was specifically I was looking for. He asked me questions to help me fine tune things I did not fully understand. I never once felt rushed. Thank you Donald, you and your staff are very professional and PowerNotebooks.com will be my first stop for any further computer related dealings I may need in the future.. "

Las Vegas, NV

"Over two years ago I had PowerNotebooks custom build the laptop of my dreams. I needed it fast and I had some pretty exacting specs to satisfy. Two hard drives(C: solid state, D: TB disc), special graphics capabilities, etc. They delivered the product to me within 72 hours of my initial request. For the last two years it's worked perfectly until two weeks ago I discovered some Windows-based issues that were hampering my ability to update software and drivers correctly. Brought it to a local computer repair outfit who informed me I'd need to wipe and re-install Windows on my C drive- he could do it for me for a couple hundred dollars. Then I decided to try the PN tech support line...and boy am I glad that I did! Over two years after my purchase and they treated me like I was as important as the day I made my decision to purchase. Tech guru, Zoltan, stayed on the line with me throughout the whole process(almost 2 hours) and helped to optimize all the settings based on my preferences. I've loved the laptop ever since it arrived. But it was the support I received in my hour of need that has brought me to post this review. If you're considering purchasing a fantastic customized laptop, they do a terrific job. If you're interested in being treated like a human being with considerate and competent tech support long after you've bought, you've found the right place. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

"A lot of online shop offer customizable laptop service. And I I had problem with all of them. I am not gonna name anyone but I bought around 6 gaming PC and returned 4 of them.

When I saw PowerNotebook, I though it was yet another shop of that kind. Yet, Their website was a bit different : more clear and with better slightly better deals and a WAY better customisation interface. (Again, a lot of website use that kind of interface but they are all, in opinion, bad)

I though it was great! So I contacted a seller for 2-3 questions. No waiting, got my answers right away.

When I bought the computer, I didn't know I was about to see the best customer service of my life. One word : Dedication.

I have only a single complaint. They ask 15$ for removing the bloatware from the computer. I didn't take it. But I had a MSI computer and GOD!! MSI like those bloatwares!
All in all, it is more of MSI's fault that Powernotebook, but I suppose offering this service for free would be great. I sure can unistall bloatware, but since I don't all of the software, some software that I think are bloatware may be driver-associated software. And unistalling them would make the computer lose some feature.

"I am a software engineer and wanted a monster computer that would handle my needs. The computer you get these days is an investment -- you want to be assured of getting the right one. After I researched many computers, I finally went with them and could not be more pleased with the personal service I received from PowerNotebooks, specifically Donald Stratton. The prices are fair and the sellers are knowledgeable. I am convinced I made a good choice.

Bill

"I was skeptical at first just because I had never heard of powernotebooks, but I can assure you this team is professional and delivered my new laptop quickly and without any issues.

I was surprised by the selection they have on their website and I was able to find the MSI laptop selling on their site when I could find it nowhere else. Not only was I able to get the laptop model I wanted, but they also allowed me to customize the components.

Donald was extremely helpful on the phone and treated me well, and was very honest about what I should get vs just trying to get me to spend more money. He even agreed with me multiple times when I chose to downgrade certain components as I didn't feel they were necessary.

After the laptop arrive, he was kind enough to follow up and make sure I was happy.

Very good company, strongly recommended.

"I was in the market for a laptop with serious processing power, but wanted it in a 15.5" laptop. None of the big stores had this option, which led me to PowerNotebooks.com. Customizing a laptop to my needs was easier than I imagined, and it arrived 4 days after the order was placed. Painless process."

"My old laptop died and I was able to find a quick replacement for a decent price. They helped me with the order and shipping.

The only thing that might deter me from ordering again would be the amount of customization. In general you can choose your own specs but when I buy a really high end expensive laptop in the future I want to be able to start from barebones and customize down to the paint job.

Overall I am very satisfied.

"Don took the time to explain every selection and offered advice that did not always lead to more expensive selections. He wanted me to get real value based on my needs. It is rare to find this kind of service in todays "buyer beware" world."