Stores > Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com)

• Portable One, I Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com)  Elite Status
    • Address: 5627 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 314 Pleasanton, CA 94588

Product & services pricing Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.72/10 9.72/10

What is this?

2016-04-10

Great place to shop Apple!

"Independently owned stores like this one are hard to find, especially when expecting great customer service and stock.

I walked in Friday, looking for a Gold iPad Pro 9.7 inch, and not only they had plenty in stock, they also had a variety if storage sizes to pick from.

The person who helped me was very courteous and able to answer all my questions, and my shopping experience was great!

2016-03-30

A fantastic buying experience from PortableOne!

"I bought a Macbook 12" laptop from PortableOne through eBay. The price was great. I wanted to pick it up locally since they were local and they were happy to generate an invoice for local pickup. Upon realizing that they will have to ship this item to their store in LA to my local store, I asked if they could ship it to my home directly. They agreed and waived off the shipping charges! I think that was a great gesture. Really happy to know that companies still provide such level of customer service!

I also noticed that the mac was brand new and without damage as advertised. Overall, a very pleasant transaction and looking forward to shopping with them again.

2016-03-19

Great place to shop for a Mac!

"The staff is terrific, they are very helpful and attentive. I needed a Mac Mini to fit in my work space, ans they guided me through all options and upgrades available to find the best one. I'm very pleased with the service and knowledge!"

2016-02-29

Great local store, best selection of Macs i've seen in the Bay Area!

"I have been shopping on and off mostly for accessories, on their website, and the delivery was always on time and hassle free. Finally i decided to buy a new iMac 4K and placed the order online, but picked my new iMac at the store. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and i have to say i had a great hopping experience overall!"

This review was modified by matt_langley on February 29 2016 06:26:13 PM

2016-02-17

Love these guys!

"Finding and ordering my laptop was a breeze! I ordered by Asus UX30 on the website and picked it up the next day. They seem to have a good inventory, and the customer service is great and very helpful!"

2016-02-11

Great service!

"I have known of P1 for a while, but never shopped here until now. The service is great, and it's a local store, so they go through lengths to make sure the customer is taken care of.
I went in to check if they had any of the new Apple TVs, and they seem to have a great inventory, lots of Macs. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, and very happy with the whole process, so that's most likely the first place i'll be looking if i need to upgrade.

This review was modified by kwan_do on February 11 2016 10:19:13 AM

2016-02-03

Great local store if you need a laptop

"Went in to buy an MSI gaming PC, and the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Local stores are disappearing, and it's rare to find this level of customer service and stock. Thanks guys!"

2016-01-26

As advertised

"Web site easy to use, people very easy to deal with. Emails were answered promptly and shipment arrived as advertised. "

2016-01-24

Great service and fair prices

"These guys really went out of their way to make sure i was taken care of. I walked in looking to purchase an iPad Pro, and they were very good about answering all my questions and helping me pick the right one for me.

The price was pretty fair as well and they make it very easy to understand how warranties work, i have to say they do a much better job than an Apple Store. they have a pretty decent stock too, and i was able to get my iPad Pro right away, although i have a feeling i was on a lucky streak.

I'm very happy to have picked this store and i definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy the latest tech.

2016-01-21

They took very good care of me...

"Portable One made sure my new macbook pro wouldn't arrive while I was away. Just received it, and very happy with the computer and the service."

Rep reply posted Mar-10-2016

P1Scott, Portable One, Inc. / port rep has responded

“Glad to hear this worked out as planned Sherry. Thanks again for shopping with http://www.Portableone.com”

2016-01-11

"I placed my order early this morning online, when i realized the MacBook Air i wanted was in stock, and completed my purchase at the store. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and were able to set up everything very quickly, and get me up and running.
This is the second MacBook Air I've owned so far, after my older 2011 13 inch model. It feels a lot lighter and I'm loving the new keyboard and track pad.

This review was modified by davestanley on January 11 2016 11:30:46 AM

2016-01-05

"Been looking for the Apple Smart Keyboard since it came out and it's sold out for weeks everywhere including Apple.com until I came across this site. It's the only site that has it in stock at it's original price (excluding e-bay and Amazon, which are selling it for over $200 - up to $400)

Fast shipment and excellent customer service! Definitely ordering again!

This review was modified by mbkvv on January 05 2016 10:19:19 AM

2016-01-03

"I purchased my new iPad Pro online from PortableOne's website, and picked it up at their store in Pleasanton the same day. I had a good experience overall, and the staff was very helpful.

I read a lot of articles about this new iPad, good things and bad things, but my perspective changed a lot when i had a chance to try the real thing. I was blown away and really wanted to get one, and was told good things about this store. I'm very happy about giving a local store a chance, and the service was fantastic.

2015-12-07

"I got a great deal on a new 13inch MacBook Pro and the service was phenomenal! The person who helped me gave me a lot of information, and i was able to trade in my old MacBook Air as well for a decent price.

This is the first time i upgrade a MacBook, and the difference is staggering. I love the new keyboard, and the new Retina display is the best laptop screen i have seen so far!

I recommend this store to anyone looking to buy a MacBook at better prices than those from the Apple Store.

2015-12-07

"Portable one made my shopping experience with them very easy and was extremely helpful deafintly will get my business again thank you. "

Share Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com) 's store rating

Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com)  is a merchant member
Portable One, Inc. / portableone.com (formerly: laptopsinc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,611 merchant members.