• PortaTech (PCBo PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10

"I ordered an Asus H81M-C/CSM motherboard combo with i3-4150 CPU, 4GB DRAM, along with a hard drive, DVD-RW drive, and premium setup. On the plus side, Protatech has what I consider to be a nicely laid out website, making it easy to choose a motherboard and CPU based upon price and relative performance. It then takes the user to a page to select options and peripherals while providing a running cost total. Also, I had presales technical questions about the motherboard I wanted which Portatech promptly answered via email. They are knowledgeable about their products and respond readily to customer emails. The product was packed well, shipped promptly, and it works well. On the negative side, I noticed a couple of minor issues. Firstly, I paid for premium setup and discovered later that my BIOS version was quite old (by several revisions). The premium setup is supposed to include a BIOS upgrade, so they obviously skipped that step. Secondly, I noticed that when I powered off the system, the BIOS would lose its settings, so the coin cell they provided in the motherboard was weak. I replaced the coin cell and downloaded the BIOS update from Asus' website to bring everything to normal."

"excellent place to configure a custom low-cost computer. i got a barebones but high performance computer. loved the website allowing you to configure exactly what components are used.
only negative is that they try to cook their reviews, by saying they'll give you back some of your shipping if they agree with your review. That's bad enough, but then they dont actually give you back some of your shipping. My review was glowing, because I really do like this company, but telling people they will pay for good reviews means the reviews will be biased, so take that into account!!

"Ordering was easy to do and the options were well laid out. No problem with delivery."

"I received my order in the time frame given and all items were present and working."

"I as pleased how the Setup my motherboard, fan memory and processor. It was been working great with no problems."

"The hardware arrived quickly and the instructions were clear and easy to follow. "

"When the post office decided to change my zip code and send my parts here and there; support was on it immediately and got the situation resolved very quickly!! A+ Service!!!!"

"They got my business in the future. Great prices & support."

"Easy to customize system.
Fair price

"easy to purchase a simple task to add what i want
and checkout was swift,

"This is the second Mother Board I bought from Porta Tech and although this one had the wrong CPU fan, Porta Tech sent me the correct fan the next day. I really like the way they allow you to pick the CPU, Motherboard, and other options and show the total cost. This makes it very easy to get what I want and in the price range I want. My next Motherboard will come from Porta Tech."

"This is my 2nd order with Porta Tech. First order was a basic low power Mini ITX Barebones that is really just used for email & light Internet browsing. I am pleased with what I paid & what I received. Now I'm waiting on order number two , a budget ATX Mid-Tower. I can't say anything bad about this company, so far so good, and if this next barebones arrives in good standing order, I will recommend Porta Tech to anyone I know looking for an inexpensive barebone system. *Received order number two and I'm happy with what I got, Great company!*"

"I'm very pleased with what I purchased. I have not installed the power supply yet, but it will not be long. "

"The package came in faster then I expected, I opted out of the extra fee for more protection on the packaging and I oredered a gigabyte g1 wifi bk mobo. It came within a larger box with styrofoam peanuts also to protect it from moving in the box. Had no issues im very pleased will definitely order from here again. "

"First and foremost I find that this company seems to always have the best price. While pricing is important to most, that's not all this company is good at. They made sure I was charged correctly, and they also take time to ensure that they are sending the correct product while simultaneously verifying the integrity of the product shipped. I will be back! "

Share PortaTech (PCBoost LLC)'s store rating

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a merchant member
PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.