Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"Received barebone system and it contained the correct components.
Pros: Pretty good, competitive price for the system I configured. Large variety of components to choose from.
Cons: Time it took from order to delivery was two weeks. After delivery, I contacted Portatech to report a couple issues... The top of the computer case has a small dent (cosmetic only - seems to not effect system functionality. The box the system was shipped in looked fine, so I assume the dent occurred during manufacture of case or building of system. Also the SATA power cable to the hard drive had become disconnected because the plastic connector was cracked. Portatech sent a 6-inch Molex to SATA power cable adapter as replacement.

Overall, I am pleased with the performance of the system thus far.

"shipping was quick, product works as advertised."

"The system arrived on time, but had several issues. Returned it, and they fixed the problems and shipped it back to me in just a couple days. Working like a dream now. "

"I have not yet installed motherboard but I was very impressed with the way the item was pre assembled with documentation
I just complexly finished with the installation and I have to say the M B with processors and memory works like a new computer and the price was right
I especially liked the fact that I could compare the different speeds of the processors to get the best value for my money.
Thanks and I will use you people if I ever need any computer hardware Dave

"Worst. Said that my billing info was wrong, although the receipt went through. It was an excuse for 3 months of waiting time... They also stated that the number I provided was from Texas, although it wasn't, (another excuse for another month of waiting.) I called them, and said that they just need to speak to the credit card holder, (which was another excuse, because the email was there, as well as the number, and they never contacted us.) They finally said that they would ship it, and it would take 1-3 bussinnes days because of the wait. 2 weeks later, I finnaly got it. Not quite. They got the wrong case, and there were major problems with the graphics card. Too many crashes, errors, etc. I tried many 'solutions' and nothing worked. "

"Order was prompt and in great condition. Definitely would order from them again. "

"Always a great reseller with the best prices!"

"I ordered a hard drive on June 2. The drive did not arrive, so I filed a dispute with PayPal and stated I wanted my money back. The next thing I know, I receive a shipment notice from Porta Tech with the same tracking number and order number! I noted this in my dispute. Then Porta Tech responds and claims that the shipment is for an original order! I showed my proof of ordering on the 2nd and that didn’t even stop them. I have screen prints and order documentation to prove everything I have said. Thumbs down to Porta Tech! Their customer service is BENEATH CONTEMPT!"

"Great if you don't mind waiting until everything you ordered is obsolete before you get it. I even paid extra for the expedited shipping, what a joke. They didn't even ship my order until after numerous phone calls wondering what was going on. Plus, with customer service hours of 10 am to 2 pm, this seems like a company someone is running out of their basement. Next time I will pay more and order from a legit company. "

"My overall experience with PortaTech was excellent. Delivery was well before the promised date and I never wondered what the status of my order was."

"The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that my package arrived about a week after they said it would. Otherwise, everything has been great."

"shipping sucks it takes Fed X forever to get packages moving. and they suck for customer service. sorry but you ask..."

"bought a bare bones system...the choice of components was awesome and the ease of use of the site is unbelievable!! The system was delivered on time and we had it all set up and running in no time. I had this delivered to my son in a small computer/networking tech shop...everyone there was totally inpressed with the system. Thanks Porta Tech!! I would definitely recommend this company."

"I will give it 4 stars because I haven't opened it yet cause I got called out of town and won't be able to check it out for another 3-4 weeks thanks. "

"I was not happy that I purchased a lot of hard drives and was not given any kind of break on shipping. Not happy with the time to ship out the order, and still waiting for order to get here (well over a week).
No good phone support, but did reply fast enough via email.
I'll think twice about using them in the future.

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) is a merchant member
PortaTech (PCBoost LLC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.