Stores > Pool Cleaning Parts

• Pool Cleaning P

2016-03-06

Super fast shipping for pump orders and awesome pump!!!

"For my first order, I bought a Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump model 011018. For the second order, I bought some accessories for the pump like the threaded two inch pump unions (highly recommended for an easy install) and a surge protector. The free shipping option on the pump listed the standard 5-10 business days, but I noticed a lot of reviews on this website said the shipping was through FedEx very quickly. I placed the order on March 1, 2016 at night after their business was closed. It was shipped using FedEx the next morning on March 2, 2016 and it arrived at my house on March 3, 2016 mid-afternoon. They seem to be shipping to Nevada so it helps that I live in Arizona!

I worked with my handyman on the install (he did most of the work). My previous pool pump was a Pentair Challenger 1HP pool pump. It started to die when I accidentally replaced a broken filter basket with one that wasn't tall enough. The leaves and junk from my pool basically went into the motor for a few weeks. By the time I replaced the basket, the damage was done. Even with the damaged motor, I let the pool pump die on its own and it took almost two years before it gave up the ghost! I did see online that I could have repaired the motor, but I was interested in saving energy bills long term on a brand new pool pump that would probably pay for itself in a few years.

The accessories order charged shipping, but neither order charged sales tax. Maybe only people in Nevada have to pay sales tax? The accessories order arrived on March 4, 2016. The install took place on March 5, 2016. My handyman brought a piece of PVC pipe, a hacksaw, pipe glue (blue stuff), pipe seal (purple stuff), two PVC elbow joints, and his tools. I had pool lube for the various rubber o-rings. We started the install around 9:00AM and we finished it at 3:00PM. He left for lunch and to buy additional pipe glue since his glue had been exposed to a little too much oxygen. He also brought some sealed and stained plywood (two heights, 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch) to level the new pump. He came by the day the pump was delivered and saw the new pump was shorter than the old pump. The plywood would level the new pump into my pool ducting system.

We ended up using the 1/2 inch plywood to level the pump. The threaded two inch pump unions mated to the motor perfectly. My previous pump had a mechanical pool pump timer which he disabled and the switch was simply left on all the time. Once we made sure the pump could turn on we switched it off and moved to my circuit breaker. The pool pump was controlled on a subpanel and it was easy to knock out a hole in the bottom to feed in the wires for the surge protector. Once we plugged it in the green LED lit up and we returned to the pool pump.

We opened the filter cap and I turned on my garden hose on high and we ran the pump until water circulated throughout my entire system. Then, I turned off the pump and programmed it to run for 13 hours at 750rpm to clean my approximately 15000 gallon pool. I noticed my Pentair Cartridge filter couldn't keep up with the pump if I vacuumed the pool on a high setting of 3150rpm. This pool motor is strong! I dropped it down to 1200rpm and it still had plenty of strength for cleaning the pool. With the warming weather in Arizona, my pool water had a green tinge to it. I ran the pump for an hour at 1200rpm and the pool water was mostly blue. I went for pizza with my wife, and my water was blue by the time we got home. I calculated 750rpm was good enough for two complete cycles of my pool during off peak hours.

The best part is that 750rpm uses about the same power as a 100 watt light bulb. I'm looking forward to my next energy bill and checking to see the drop in energy usage at night when I run the pump.

This review was modified by howardjow on March 06 2016 06:21:54 AM

2015-02-26

"These guys are great, fast FREE shipping, no TAX since I'm in California and saved 400 bucks on a Pentair IntelliFlo compared to my local pool supply store. Thanks guys I'm really happing with my pump will install it this weekend."

2015-01-30

"I was a bit hesitant to get a high-dollar Pentair variable speed pump through these guys, as they had so few reviews. Wasn't sure I could trust the positive reviews.

With a very good price on the pump I wanted, plus free shipping and no tax, I decided to go for it. They didn't provide a shipping estimate so I thought I may have to wait a bit for the pump.

I ordered it Wednesday night. I got a shipping notice Thursday, which provided an order tracking link that didn't work-- it errored out (like when a label is printed, but no tracking info is available yet). So I checked Friday morning, hoping to get an update. Not only was the shipping status there, it said "DELIVERED - LEFT AT FRONT PORCH". I thought to myself, "there is no possible way this pump is here already" but sure enough, the pump was sitting on my front porch a day after it was shipped. Really amazing! I'd highly recommend buying from these guys.

BTW- I'm located in Southern California and they are in Las Vegas, NV.

This review was modified by jondotcom on January 30 2015 12:29:26 PM

2014-09-04

"Seriously impressed! Placed an order yesterday around noon for a new Pentair EasyTouch 8 controller, a Wireless Connection kit and an extra solenoid/actuator.

I selected Priority shipping so I could have a project for the weekend. About an hour later I received a call from them offering to change the shipping to FedEx Next Day for $15 less than Priority (because the controller was going to be too large), to which I agreed.

When I arrived home from work today around 4:30 there were two huge boxes on my porch.

Best prices I could find for the parts, no slaes tax, billed as promised, parts arrived exactly as ordered, here in about 24 hours - highly recommended!

This review was modified by holladaydls on September 04 2014 09:21:05 PM

2014-06-25

"My pool guy quoted me a price of $1300 for a Pentair pool pump. Pool Cleaning Parts price was $835 for exact same pump. Ordered at 2:00 PM, received at Noon next day. No shipping charge, no sales tax."

This review was modified by raniva on June 25 2014 02:52:14 PM

2013-03-25

"Ordered a Hayward Pump on Thursday from Pool Cleaning Parts and it arrived in perfect condition on my door step on Friday. Wow these guys ship fast. Thank you for the great service, I will order again from these guys in the future."

2012-11-17

"They had the lowest price on the variable speed pump I needed. I ordered because of the low price and promise of same day shipping. Tracking number was emailed about a half hour after I placed the order. Pump was delivered to me in 2 days. Only bad is they are hard to get a hold of on the phone. I had to leave a message and they called me back to answer my questions."

2012-09-03

"They had the best price for the Hayward Variable Speed pump that I could find. Ordered online one evening and they shipped it out the next day. Would recommend and buy from again!"

2012-06-03

"I would have to give a 5 out of 5 star rating because they do not have a sixth. Ordered the pump for nearly $350 lower than my local pool store. Even after showing the pool store, they wanted to charge me extra on the tax, so I took the extra 5 days and ordered it from Poolcleaningparts.com. The pump was easy to install and is whispering along in my back yard. Give these guys your business and tell your local pool stores they are charging too much."

2012-05-29

"Very impressed. I ordered a Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP from them for $899.00 out the door on a Thursday morning and received it Friday evening. It was the best price I could find at that time and service was excellent.
Update - I was so impressed with the delivery time and price of my pump I decided to order my filter through PoolCleaningParts.com as well. I ordered the Hayward SwimClear C2030 for $569.00 OTD on Wed 5/16 and was told it would probably take 4-5 days, but I received it on Fri 5/18 in the evening (2days). I found that the pressure gauge had either been cracked at the factory or during shipping and the air relief filter was a little crushed, since it was still functional I went ahead and installed it. I called them about it later that week and left a message. They called me back to verify the parts and contacted Hayward to ship out replacement parts. Customer Service was excellent. I highly recommend these guys.

This review was modified by jcrisp on May 29 2012 07:20:20 AM

2012-05-17

"nice web site, easy to use and great prices. Very fast and free delivery. What else could you ask for. Now I need to install the pump and start to see huge electric bill savings."

This review was modified by thepoolguy on May 17 2012 03:44:26 PM

2012-05-17

"I had done a lot of research called asked a lot of questions sw the owner also advised me that seeing i was purchasing 3 large items the warranty was extended to 3 years,also had the best prices on the web, orded on May 10 and got it today May 17 by freight truck wrap was good all around the pallet

Shipping to North Carolina......

Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter 160301 1 $699.99
Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorination System (Complete) PC100-IC40 1 $818.00
Pentair IntelliFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump - 011018 011018 1 $847.99

This review was modified by phonedude2 on May 17 2012 02:37:54 PM

2012-05-11

"The afternoon of April 30, I placed an online order with PoolCleaningParts.com for a Pentair Intlliflo variable speed pump, 011018. I also ordered -- as suggested by a PoolCleaningParts staffer during an earlier telephone conversation -- two PVC unions. The no-shipping-charge order was at my door less than 2 days later.

Installation was a snap. Programming the controller took a bit longer.

Bottom line: courteous, helpful telephone assistance -- he was absolutely correct about the unions -- and jet fast shipping. Couldn't be happier unless, of course, my next power bill shows the savings Pentair projects. Then I shall be even happier.

Strongly recommend PoolCleaningParts.

2012-05-02

"Pool Cleaning Parts is great. This is my second order from them and they have always shipped really fast. Prices are very competitive. Overall excellent experience."

2012-04-30

"I ordered a new EcoStar pump and the Item arived just as described, brand new and worked perfectly. They emailed me the tracking number shortly after i ordered. The pump arrived the next day! "

This review was modified by Ducati796 on April 30 2012 08:19:37 PM

Share Pool Cleaning Parts's store rating

Pool Cleaning Parts is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Pool Cleaning Parts is not a merchant member
Pool Cleaning Parts does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!