Stores > PoolSupplyWorld.com

800-772-0467

Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review PoolSupplyWorld.com by clicking a star below.
2017-07-03

Customer Service ****

"I ordered four pool filters for my pool and received one filter that fits a spa tub. I called Kimmi at "customer service" and she put in a RMA request with the info. She requested a photo of the wrong item shipped to verify it. I sent it within an hour. Five days later and no response or return UPS label for the wrong filter. I called again and spoke with Catherine(?). I explain the problem again. The RMA guy finally looks at the info and photos I sent and sees nothing wrong. He must be a CA rocket scientist. I explained again what I purchased vs. what they shipped me. Shazamm! The light bulb went on after ten minutes. So now they will email me a UPS return label which so I can take the wrong filter to a UPS location and drop it off. I guess they are too cheap to have UPS pickup at my house. Once they get the package I will be shipped the correct filters supposedly. Don't bother. I called my credit card and filed a dispute and ordered new filters on eBay for the same price. Talk about sorry service. Don't waste you time with them."

2017-06-17

Bad Ratings Deserved

"Ordered a connector for Polaris pool cleaner. Received a filter bag. Called customer service who sent me an email requesting a picture of product received. Complied. Have not received another response despite sending repeated emails requesting an updated status. Might be okay if you get lucky, but don't expect assistance when they screw up."

2017-06-11

Failed to ship, customer service is non-existent

"Ordered an item required for my pool sanitazation, waited for a week and never received shipping notice. Contacted the merchant twice and only received a reply after 3 days! The reply was that they needed to check w/warehouse for status. That was the last time I've heard from them. The order deliver by date came and gone, I sent them an email cancelling the order. No response again.

My pool has no sanitazation for 2 weeks now! This is the worst online store I've dealt with.

2017-06-08

Beware of Restocking Fee for Returns!!!

"I ordered Pleatco filters for my Pentair filter. I had never ordered new filters before and was unsure about the size. I therefore put in my PentAirs model number and up popped the Pleatco filters. I promptly ordered thinking that this was the correct size (why would the wrong size pop up?) and the price was the best online. When I got the filters they were the wrong size. I emailed Pool Supply World where they told me to send pictures of the product. Pictures? Really??? They then informed me they would send a return label and I would be charged a 15% restocking fee PLUS $10 to return the item!!!!!! I emailed back and forth disputing these charges because let's get real....they will resell this item at the regular price and in the end they just made money off of me!!!!! They finally agreed to refund my full amount, but insisted that this was a one time only "courtesy" and will not do it again! Although I am appreciative for getting my full refund I will never order from this company again and would NOT recommend it. If you must order from Pool Supply World at least do it through PayPal so you have some sort of security if things go awry!!!!"

2017-06-08

Possible chinese knock off pool filter

"Ordered A Sta-Rite pool filter cartridge replacement for my AGP. I received it in a timely fashion and it looks almost identical to my original filter but the media looks to be a cheap woven paper as opposed to a Heavier duty polyester of my current cartridge. Price was $100.00 cheaper than everywhere else which makes me suspect it may be a knock off, it was also missing the little plastic hose with screen that attaches to the top of the cartridge. Not worth it to return, gonna give it a shot and see how it works......."

2017-05-17

Worst online retailer ever!

"They sent me the wrong cartridge filter and when I told them the model number was clearly different that what was on the order confirmation, they asked me to send them pics of what I received as if I was lying. I did send them picks and then their responses stopped. Horrible people!
And I overpaid to boot..."In the swim" is where to go!

2017-05-08

Pool Supply World sells old equipment

"Pool Supply World sold me an old version of some pool equipment that they had in their warehouse. I am not able to use this equipment with the latest features because the unit they sold me was two years old when they sold it to me. The more recent version that I needed was out for over a year already, but Pool Supply World only had old stock and sold it to me as if it was the latest revision. I now would need to spend over $300 more to get the feature that I wanted to work. Pool Supply World told me that they sell whatever is in their stock, no matter how old it is, and they consider it to be the latest! Buyer Beware! If you shop with Pool Supply World you will get what they have in stock, even if it is years old and outdated revisions. They don't seem to care."

2017-02-08

Beware of restocking fee

"Purchased their recommended replacement cartridge filters for my Pentair Swimming Pool filter ($170.00). I received a set of 4 Pleatco filters. When I went to install them they would not seat properly and therefore did not fit. After a weeks worth of back and forth emails with questions from their customer service department, they said they would authorize a return, and issue replacement Pleatco filters. I told them I did not want another set of Pleatco filters as there was apparently a production defect since the internal diameter of the filter did not allow them to seat properly. They said they would then issue a refund. When I sent the filters back they issued me a refund of $135. When questioned they explained the refund amount was less a 15% restocking fee and $10 delivery fee. When I questioned them saying I returned the product because it did not fit and it should be settled between Pleatco and them, they just reiterated that was there return policy regardless of who's fault it was. Won't be doing business with them again. By the way, this is Leslie's Pool Supplies with an alternative online name."

2017-01-25

Restocking fee - really for a first time customer!

"I was a FIRST time customer in order a pack of 4 pool filters for my pool.

The order came in and it was the incorrect size filter which is totally my fault.
I asked to return these and I will reorder once I can find a number on my larger filter.
Not only were they rude but is charging me a 15% restocking fee! You've got to be kidding.
I told the customer service rep that I never opened the box, because I could tell by the size of the box these were not the right filter.
She said that's our policy and we charge this to everyone who has a return.

I can say this is the LAST time I will ever order from this company again. Evidentially they do not want repeat business and does not know the meaning of "customer" satisfaction!

2016-08-23

great customer service

"bought a polaris 9550 from these guys. The pool cleaner didn't work and so I called them and told them my issues with the product. They promptly sent me a new cleaner and a return shipping label for the faulty cleaner.

I'm very happy with their customer service.

2016-08-08

Prompt service!

"After seeing all the negative reviews here, we were quite wary. However, after seeing that they are a Google Trusted Store, we decided to give them a try. We placed two orders...one for chemicals and a 2nd for a Dolphin robotic cleaner. Both orders were processed promptly, arrived quickly and in perfect condition. We are very happy with the prompt service received and would definitely order from PoolSupplyWorld again."

2016-07-18

This company is a scam. Buyer Beware!

"I purchased a Hayward filter for $253.00. It didn't work properly right out of the box. In addition, it was missing the tool that loosens the filter housing. Their response was to contact Hayward directly.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC Consumer Protection Agency.

2016-06-09

BAD COMPANY!! beware of hidden fees and no customer service

"After calling and speaking with a rep for filter parts, I ordered a new set of grids, and gasket set based on the parts selected by the customer agent. Upon receipt, the grid fit properly but the gasket set was the incorrect size. When contacted, they would not allow me to swap the item for the correct size. Instead I was instructed to purchase the new size, keep the wrong sized item and request a refund less handling fees. If I returned the item, they would issue me a refund less handling and a restocking fee. While this is a nominal cost compared to the couple of hundred dollar order I placed originally, it is a inexpensive lesson for me to move my future business to a reputable pool supply company"

2016-05-13

dangerous company to deal with

"ordered chemicals from them which were way out of date. tried to deal with them by phone and chat and usually was "disconneted." one manager wanted me to use the chemicals in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturers explicit directions and then got angry when i wouldn't agree to do that. said he tested water at a leslie pool store for years--like that's a vote of confidence. i finally disputed the charges with american express. i will never, never deal with that company again. i see their reviews are consistently very low."

2015-09-27

"I was requesting pricing for an AquaRite #AQR-15. Pool supply world quoted me a price. I accepted and made the order. Within a week I received not the AquaRite AQR-15, but a Leslies brand, SwimPure Plus. I called and they apologized for the wrong shipment and send me an RMA, but indicated the correct model would ship out asap. After less than a week, I received another Leslie's brand, SwimPure Plus. After speaking with their sales department and customer service they finally admited that they cannot supply me with what I was quoted. There is a difference in the leslies brand (SwimPurePlus) and the AquaRite AQR-15. They are false advertising the Aquarite AQR-15. Please beware. They won't advertise the Leslie's SwimPurePlus, because they know they won't sell them. Beware This is a bad business deal. They did not do anything to make this right. They indicated they cannot get the AquaRite AQR-15. So why advertise it? This is a bad company to do business with."

Share PoolSupplyWorld.com's store rating

PoolSupplyWorld.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PoolSupplyWorld.com is not a merchant member
PoolSupplyWorld.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!