PoolDeals.com / DPD Pools Reviews - pooldeals.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.33/10 43 reviews

PoolDeals.com / DPD Pools is not a merchant member
PoolDeals.com / DPD Pools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I was looking for a in ground liner on line and was very unsure of how to measure my pool. the staff of pool deals walked me through the process very patiently and politely, and when all was said and done I also saved $400 over the nearest competitor quotes. I highly recommend pool deals over any other site I visited."

modified review This review was modified by debramoebs on April 05 2014 03:03:52 PM

"Great Customer Service!! I accidentally ordered the incorrect size cover for my pool, upon realizing this I immediately called and my incorrect order was cancelled. After speaking to them on the phone, we got the correct size cover ordered. They were very friendly and helpful with the entire process! We are now enjoying our solar cover and cannot wait for summer!!"

modified review This review was modified by Nana716 on April 02 2014 06:17:26 AM

"I can appreciate the fact that Pool Deals works with a variety of manufacturers for their products and that a specific manufacturer might not be listed in a user's order details. I don't have warranty paperwork for a pool cover I purchased a couple years back (my fault entirely and I admit that) so I asked them if they might be able to point me in the right direction since the cover has a fifteen year warranty and barely lasted 3 years before disintegrating. Instead of respectfully telling me that they don't keep manufacturer info on file, I got snarky emails that were downright rude. If I treated customers the way that they did, I would be fired."

"I agree that this company is not very customer friendly. I ordered a cover and for the past week their automatic status said processing and getting ready to ship. They have not replied to my questions asking them what is going on. I am about to cancel my credit card payment and order. "

modified review This review was modified by billupleger on February 19 2014 11:27:51 AM

"Ordered a winter cover,with the 5 year warranty,and it is the cheapest material I have ever seen.It also came in the wrong size,and their response,"all pool cover sales are final.no return"
I will stay away from them,and tell all my friends too.

modified review This review was modified by shebadiva on September 16 2013 04:21:25 PM

"I will agree with most everyone regarding this lousy company - pooldeals.com. I bought a solar cover manufactured by "Ray Maxx" from them on 9/7/2012. They claimed this was the "best" on the market. I live in PA and did not put this on my pool until mid May 2013. It is falling apart at the seams and is tearing all over. I normally get three years out of a solar cover (if anyone tells you you will get more they are stretching the truth) but 3-1/2 months is completely unacceptable. I called them and their stern "I don't care attitude" was unreal. They told me that they are just the retailer and do not cover the warranty and tried to hurry me off the phone. What a load of CRAP! If you sell it you should back it up. Especially when it fails in such a short time. I asked if they could send me a copy of my purchase (yes this is my fault because I cannot find the shipping papers but I located the purchase on my credit card records to confirm the date )so I could pursue the manufacturer and they told me they do not keep records over 90 days. They must still be using a Commodore 64 computer from 1982. I am going to cut my losses but I hope I can convince as many people as possible to not deal with this pathetic company. They are very rude and do not care about the customer. If you don't believe it read all of the negative reviews."

modified review This review was modified by RAM66 on September 10 2013 05:46:28 PM

"Pool liner turned white after only 2 seasons. Contacted company and they stated I must have put granular chlorine directly in pool. I advised that I have never done that and they responded someone must have. I have never purchased granular chlorine and will NEVER buy from this company again. This company is awful and does not care about its customers. "

"My pool cover that was purchased from them did not last 3 months before falling apart. I will not be doing business with them ever again. I only wish I had read something like this before placing my order."

modified review This review was modified by kbdad on July 24 2013 10:34:51 AM

"Plenty of stories on here just like mine, so I won't go into detail ither than to say i ordered my liner a month ago and still dont have it! they damn sure have my money though! 5 minutes ago I got an email that higher management decided to cancel my order! Thanks pool deals, I had to cancel my daughters pool party and our housewarming party due to you lack of professionalism and knowledge! Buyer beware, this company sucks!! "

modified review This review was modified by Mikjweav on July 08 2013 09:36:43 AM

"Ordered over $1100.00 worth of product from them. Got all but about $400.00 worth. They took their payment in full right away. Two weeks after the expected ship date for the pool liner, I got an email from Nicole telling me there will be a delay and the liner will not be available for another 6 weeks! I asked if the other 4 items that I was still waiting on were shipped yet. She said they were coming from the same location as the liner, so probably not and asked if I wished to continue to wait for the liner or order a different one. I said I would wait. Six weeks passed and 2 days after the "due date" I heard nothing, so I called. Heather tells me my liner is never coming and the order was cancelled! What??? I have lost half a swimming season and have had an empty pool shell sitting and waiting for a liner that is never coming. They would not offer me a discount for a different liner. Don't value me as a customer or the amount of business I gave them. I told them to cancel the remainder of the order. I emailed Nicole and told her the same thing. She told me that she did speak with Heather earlier that day, so I know THEY KNEW to cancel that order. TWO FULL DAYS LATER, they ship out the rest of the order after knowing that I said to cancel it. I did get a refund on the pool liner that never came - took them a freakin' week. I did not get a refund on the other $100 of product and now it's being delivered by UPS. I no longer need it, because I went elsewhere for the items after cancelling the order with them. I am NOT going to pay a restocking or shipping fee for their mistake and I am resigned to the fact that this scam company will not refund the remaining $100, nor will they care about my threats to contact the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, or the fraud claim that I'm about to file with my credit card company. I will be calling my credit card to block any further payments to these idiots. Oh, and that Charlie guy...the only email I ever got from him was the notice of the refund for the pool liner. When I asked him about the rest of the refund, I never got an answer. I should have done better research on these people. The prices were great - in the long run, I'm screwed out of my hard earned money, it's halfway through summer, and I'm still not in my pool."

modified review This review was modified by mattersfact2 on June 18 2013 05:03:12 PM

"Pooldeals are unprofessional and incompetent!!!!BEWARE!!!"

modified review This review was modified by tjpm on June 18 2013 06:27:55 AM

"Absolutely horrible experience. Ordered a pool cover one week ago today, everytime I check the status it says "will ship in 1-3 business days". Called customer service and got an extremely rude rep. she somehow claims it has only been 1 business day since I placed the order. Funny, I can look at my order on their site and it has 6-10-13 as order date. They also told me I cannot cancel this order,
. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

modified review This review was modified by wensteve on June 18 2013 07:13:00 AM

"I so wish I had read reviews before ordering...I ordered a pool ladder for our new above ground pool we purchased to teach our girls how to swim. The ladder I ordered was an A-frame ladder with a platform at the top. The platform was the sole reason I went for this ladder as one of my girls is disabled. The ladder arrived quickly, but was the wrong one. The one I received was the same manufacturer and an A-frame, but no platform. I called customer service and after waiting for 5 minutes I got someone on the phone who asked me who the manufacturer was and after telling her she said "Oh you need to speak with X" and quickly transferred me to a voice mail. I hung up and called back. After waiting in que again, I got hung up on. I called back a third time and spoke with the same girl as the first time and explained that I was not interested in speaking with someones voice mail. She then put me on hold for 6 minutes and then said that she needed me to e-mail her a picture of the box for the warehouse to research this and she would get back with me. This was on 5/30 and I promptly sent the picture in an e-mail. I then received and e-mail on 5/31 asking me if the platform was in the box and I replied no. On 6/5 I sent an e-mail asked for an update on what is being done to correct my order. On 6/10 I sent another e-mail asking for an update again since hearing nothing back from the first I sent. On 6/10 I received the following reply from Corrine "Yes it was resolved, this is the new updated ladder, the ladder with the platform they do not make anymore." On 6/10 I sent a reply asking what I needed to do to return the ladder for a refund as it is not what I ordered and was more money than the ladder they sold from the same manufacturer without a platform. On 6/12 I received an e-mail from Corrine that simply stated "All sales are final". No apology or anything. I think it is absolute B.S. that you order one product and they send you something else and tell you tuff. Horrible service, very rude. Stay Away!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by portercl on June 13 2013 08:44:00 PM

"This is my correspondence with the OWNER Charlie Goss of pooldeals.com. minus the incredibly rude conversations via phone with customer service regarding where & when this order would be fulfilled & if I could pay to upgrade shipping to get it shipped & delivered timely. After all this & mind you a deleted condescending email from this Owner, this tracking number that was created on the 23rd has not left the company and is NOT in fact in transit!

This ticket is closed. If this problem is not resolved this ticket will be automatically reopened with your next reply.
General

Order #: 183279
candace said on May 28, 2013 05:28 PM #6
Once more. I paid for a product & accepted the terms of 3-7 business days,
which would at the latest would have been Fri the 24th, not a holiday. I
was given the run around regarding shipping & "the holiday" weekend as to
why it was shipped later than the terms agreed upon. Your company is at
fault here you moron.

I should have stuck to local businesses for my business as this wasn't such
a great deal after all. The precut product is what made it an attractive
deal. The first & last transaction with Pooldeals.

Thanks again.
---@gmail.com IP:

charlie goss said on May 28, 2013 05:11 PM #5
We offer lots of covers. You chose the one that takes 7 business days to ship. We also sell ones that ship the same day. Your cover shipped on time, and we do list all ship times on our website.

Perhaps you need some therapy, it's a pool cover for god's sake. And it was delivered on time.

--- Message Edited on May 28, 2013 05:11 PM ---
Reason for edit: H
Pool Deals Support
candace said on May 28, 2013 04:48 PM #4
Never again will we be a customer. What a shabby run company. Thanks for
the upgraded priority you a**!
---@gmail.com IP:
candace said on May 28, 2013 01:17 PM #3
"Ticket priority Low" Thanks pool deals for your below standard customer
service. When asked if I could pay to upgrade my shipping the answer was
"no". Not only that but this package due to it being a holiday weekend
should have been out last Thursday as that was the 3-7 business day max.
Instead of today the 28th! I needed this product by the 30th & thanks to
your horrible customer service it will not happen.
----@gmail.com IP:
charlie goss said on May 28, 2013 12:40 PM #2
Hello,
This order has shipped with UPS. tracking #:

1Z61414603

You can track this shipment at www.UPS.com

Thanks again for your order.
Pool Deals Support
candace said on May 25, 2013 02:23 PM #1
Hello. I placed an ordef May 15 & the 3-7 business days to ship has passed & the order has still not been sent.  I absolutely need this by May 30th or I will hv to go purchase it locally. If this can not occur then this needs to be cancelled. On the confirmation & after speaking with customer service this should have shipped by this past Friday at the latest.

Thanks
Candace

---@gmail.com

modified review This review was modified by CandaceS on May 29 2013 12:26:19 AM

"My Pool cover began to disintegrate after a season and a half (weekend use only and adult use only) but I gutted it out and figured I'd contact them (POOL DEALS) before the third summer began. I purchased the heaviest duty one they had in the gold with the diamond pattern thinking it would be covered. I spoke to the owner and he informed me that I would need to send it back to the manufacturer. However I couldn't confirm the manufacturer -- apparently the only record of the manufacturer is on the box but who keeps the cardboard box that a pool cover was shipped in? (I have subsequently found out from others on here that these covers are not covered for the thing that always goes wrong, the bubbles themselves). Whatever the case, if POOL DEALS truly believes in its product, they should stand behind it and their customer like "IN THE SWIM" does. I made the number one mistake in 'purchasing.' -- I bought what seemed like a superior product at a very good price but got burned in the long run by appalling customer service. It was only when I went to check on the reviews for this company that I see that this Charlie (owner) character is basically a crook. Never again.. Buyer beware. Always go with good customer service even if it means you have to pay more! "

modified review This review was modified by Sugreff49 on April 22 2013 01:31:24 PM