Stores > Play-Asia.com
  • Play-Asia.com

cs@play-asia.com

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Play-Asia.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-30

Incompetent or dishonest

"I received an email touting 5% off purchases made by credit card. I ordered two 3D Blu-ray DVDs, one a pre-order. When I checked out I noticed I hadn't received the discount. I reread the ad and saw that pre-orders were excluded. I notified customer service that I should have received a discount on the in-stock and available item. They told me I wasn't eligible because one item was a pre-order. It's not much money and not worth any more hassle, but I don't like dishonest advertising. Anyway, I got an email shortly after saying they would ship the item that was available and the other when it released (8/22). I received the first item but not the second. I have two tracking numbers, but one returns the message "no information". I contacted them today and told them to ship expedited delivery at their expense. I'm expecting them to tell me the item is no longer available. I have absolutely no confidence in this company any more and would advise people to shop elsewhere."

2017-05-21

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience.

"In short, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from them and recieved a bad key; it was already associated with some other computer. Anyways, they have been giving me the run around for many days now. I have given them all the screenshots that I possibly could. I had to purchase another key from another vendor. I still haven't gotten a refund from them. I'm currently persuing a refund through Paypal now. Hopefully they do what's right, but I'm not going to hold my breathe on it. Buyers be very weary. "

2017-05-20

Borderline fraudulent; Horrible Customer Service ... Worst ever

"Ordered a digital windows 10 OEM key... May 16. Claim to be unpaid, PayPal shows paid. I email them the next day... I don't get my key.... Days pass. They ask for transaction information over and over even though it's shown in the email. I provide screenshots... They claim other areas. I open a PayPal dispute 6 days later and they say they won't provide my key until I close the claim...

Speaking with paypal, they tell me not to close it untili receive my item... Awkward. Play Asia only replies once a day and ask for the same stuff you already told them and pass any responsibility to the next person or others. I'm still awaiting my key... Then I'll close my dispute. At this point I wonder if it will even work.

2017-05-19

Terrible scammers

"Bought a key on their site, promised delivery. nothing arrives. message seller, order deleted. no response. Paypal mediation requested. Disgusting company dont deal with them"

2017-04-29

Hilarious customer service, not worth the pain

"Bought an item, it was damaged.

After 2 month about 20 emails and sending it back I get refunded in store credit, even though they said they would refund me on the original payment method.

NEVER AGAIN, STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY AT THIS PLACE.

2017-02-17

Terrible. Tempting. Treacherous.

"This is a company run like garbage with garbage customer service.

Different reps answer emails and leave you in a loop of giving the exact same information on a purchase until you either give up or have to go through your payment choice to resolve the problem.

Twice now I have attempted to buy a digital product key and both times they botched a simple procedure.

Take payment, send some text to the purchaser. Its not difficult. They "forgot" the first time after taking 4 days. I could have gone and bought what I was looking for and been faster at a brick and mortar.

The second time they blamed the "accounting department" for charging me 4 times the original amount ($200) taking 4 weeks to return payment and it wasn't until I forced a charge back that I got my money back. Unbelievably unacceptable.

2017-01-09

"Item was not received.

Play-Asia's customer service were obfusicating, unhelpful and terribly slow.

Disputing with PayPal

2016-10-25

Don't buy from Play-Asia

"Ordered a KINGSTON 5-IN-1 MOBILE COMPANION on 10/12/16. They provide me a tracking that is shipped from Singapore to US. However, once it arrived in US, the USPS can't track it anymore. Contacted them and they basically said talk to my local post office. It's now 10/25 and still haven't receive the package. Their Customer Service basically stop helping me to trace my package. Escalating to Paypal for dispute. "

2016-10-20

Don't use Play Asia.com

"So I ordered Xbox one plus 3 games from Play Asia, total was almost US$ 1000.

First they took all the credit card details, then rejected it, I switched to another card, they rejected it also.according to the banks, nothing wrong with the cards.

Then they sent me bank account details so I transferred the money direct. I checked they recieved the money, they can't find it. Then they tried to charge the credit cards, but I already reported Play Asia to my bank as possible fraud so it was stopped.

10 emails to and from 10 different customer service reps, none of which had read the previous emails, still they cannot find the money.

Play Asia can only manage 1 customer email a day, so the above took almost 2 weeks.

First threat of legal action followed, then they found the money.

Everything out of stock: despite happily selling the products online and taking (then losing, then finding the money) , everything was out of stock with no idea when restock is possible.

They suggest 4 alternative Xbox consoles so I choose a new one: also out of stock.

Now 3 weeks gone by, 1 email a day, none at the weekend.

I ask for a refund of my money. Waited a week. Second threat of legal action, they can refund to PayPal only or give store credit.

I don't have PayPal - another 10 customer services reps later and having told Play Asia 4 times, I don't have PayPal. They ask for my bank account. I'm still waiting for the refund.

After almost a month of deliberate delays, evasion and downright lies, I am still waiting.

My advice is absolutely DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. I don't think they are criminals, but their service level is criminally low bordering on illegal. So do yourself a favour, avoid Play Asia and don't believe these false recommendations saying they are good, they are awful.

By the way I bought all the same stuff retail in Hong Kong for HALF the price play asia were asking.

2016-08-09

Best site in many ways

"It is a great website where you can get rare or vintage games or toys.

2016-07-11

my #1 import site to shop for games , figures , anime merchandise & digital codes .

"1st of all i love what this site provide on japanise games , figures + merchandise that will never be sold where i live .

love buying disk version of games that come out as digital in US , this site helped me find the amiibo i wanted too .

digital codes for PSN & N ESHOP are cheaper than what my local stores where i live , i love there 5$ coupon discount that can be used on your next order .

customer support is always very intent on helping in my order requests and assist me many time when making orders .

this site is ideal for me & there packaging is very good and delivered on time .

shopped here many times & i like it .

2016-06-15

Excellent Customer Service

"Quick, efficient customer service.
Great job!

2016-05-05

PlayAsia is ACES!

"Absolutely cannot wait the 3 to 5 months it takes to localize Asian games, like me? Been using PlayAsia for years to get a jump on new titles, it's even easier now with no region barriers on the newer consoles. I use my rudimentary Japanese to fill in the gaps, but it's really not that difficult.

This time i had a CC issue, but it was resolved in less than 24 hours, and my game was shipped. With xpress shipping 3 days total from Hong Kong to Austin Tx. AMAZING!

2016-04-27

bought a hard to find item here

"just purchased here a hard to find item. and it arrived in good condition 2-3 weeks upon my purchase. definitely recommend this for purchasing items that cannot be bought locally (i'm from PH)"

2016-04-25

A Decade of Service (so far)

"I've been shopping at Play-Asia for a decade now (first order in early 2006), and they have not failed me so far.

One item "almost" got lost but that was due to the local mailing system screwing up the tracking (I thought it was stolen or delivered to the wrong address). The customer service when I was panicking and asking Play-Asia if they could do anything was kind, and professional.

I've had good experiences in cancelling orders that were already paid for but not shipped when I needed the money at short-notice, and I've had a refund without issues when I was charged two times in one instance for an order.

The prices and service may not be that competitive depending on where you are from, and what online stores you have access to. For me? (Australia/Malaysia) They're pretty high on the list should there be no cheaper local option.

Share Play-Asia.com's store rating

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member
Play-Asia.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!