Stores > Play-Asia.com

Customer service: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

2016-10-25

Don't buy from Play-Asia

"Ordered a KINGSTON 5-IN-1 MOBILE COMPANION on 10/12/16. They provide me a tracking that is shipped from Singapore to US. However, once it arrived in US, the USPS can't track it anymore. Contacted them and they basically said talk to my local post office. It's now 10/25 and still haven't receive the package. Their Customer Service basically stop helping me to trace my package. Escalating to Paypal for dispute. "

2016-10-20

Don't use Play Asia.com

"So I ordered Xbox one plus 3 games from Play Asia, total was almost US$ 1000.

First they took all the credit card details, then rejected it, I switched to another card, they rejected it also.according to the banks, nothing wrong with the cards.

Then they sent me bank account details so I transferred the money direct. I checked they recieved the money, they can't find it. Then they tried to charge the credit cards, but I already reported Play Asia to my bank as possible fraud so it was stopped.

10 emails to and from 10 different customer service reps, none of which had read the previous emails, still they cannot find the money.

Play Asia can only manage 1 customer email a day, so the above took almost 2 weeks.

First threat of legal action followed, then they found the money.

Everything out of stock: despite happily selling the products online and taking (then losing, then finding the money) , everything was out of stock with no idea when restock is possible.

They suggest 4 alternative Xbox consoles so I choose a new one: also out of stock.

Now 3 weeks gone by, 1 email a day, none at the weekend.

I ask for a refund of my money. Waited a week. Second threat of legal action, they can refund to PayPal only or give store credit.

I don't have PayPal - another 10 customer services reps later and having told Play Asia 4 times, I don't have PayPal. They ask for my bank account. I'm still waiting for the refund.

After almost a month of deliberate delays, evasion and downright lies, I am still waiting.

My advice is absolutely DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. I don't think they are criminals, but their service level is criminally low bordering on illegal. So do yourself a favour, avoid Play Asia and don't believe these false recommendations saying they are good, they are awful.

By the way I bought all the same stuff retail in Hong Kong for HALF the price play asia were asking.

This review was modified by GeneralChaos on October 20 2016 11:03:16 PM

2016-08-09

Best site in many ways

"It is a great website where you can get rare or vintage games or toys.

This review was modified by Hustlenomics916 on August 10 2016 07:28:14 AM

2016-07-11

my #1 import site to shop for games , figures , anime merchandise & digital codes .

"1st of all i love what this site provide on japanise games , figures + merchandise that will never be sold where i live .

love buying disk version of games that come out as digital in US , this site helped me find the amiibo i wanted too .

digital codes for PSN & N ESHOP are cheaper than what my local stores where i live , i love there 5$ coupon discount that can be used on your next order .

customer support is always very intent on helping in my order requests and assist me many time when making orders .

this site is ideal for me & there packaging is very good and delivered on time .

shopped here many times & i like it .

This review was modified by MOHD1988 on July 11 2016 01:54:20 AM

2016-06-15

Excellent Customer Service

"Quick, efficient customer service.
Great job!

2016-05-05

PlayAsia is ACES!

"Absolutely cannot wait the 3 to 5 months it takes to localize Asian games, like me? Been using PlayAsia for years to get a jump on new titles, it's even easier now with no region barriers on the newer consoles. I use my rudimentary Japanese to fill in the gaps, but it's really not that difficult.

This time i had a CC issue, but it was resolved in less than 24 hours, and my game was shipped. With xpress shipping 3 days total from Hong Kong to Austin Tx. AMAZING!

This review was modified by emperorfoomin on May 05 2016 04:43:27 PM

2016-04-27

bought a hard to find item here

"just purchased here a hard to find item. and it arrived in good condition 2-3 weeks upon my purchase. definitely recommend this for purchasing items that cannot be bought locally (i'm from PH)"

This review was modified by randolfarevalo on April 27 2016 12:22:00 AM

2016-04-25

A Decade of Service (so far)

"I've been shopping at Play-Asia for a decade now (first order in early 2006), and they have not failed me so far.

One item "almost" got lost but that was due to the local mailing system screwing up the tracking (I thought it was stolen or delivered to the wrong address). The customer service when I was panicking and asking Play-Asia if they could do anything was kind, and professional.

I've had good experiences in cancelling orders that were already paid for but not shipped when I needed the money at short-notice, and I've had a refund without issues when I was charged two times in one instance for an order.

The prices and service may not be that competitive depending on where you are from, and what online stores you have access to. For me? (Australia/Malaysia) They're pretty high on the list should there be no cheaper local option.

2016-03-23

Verification will not work, if you want instant digital codes, chose another shop

"I've bought & paid two times with valid mobile phone number. Got no verification code (regardless of country code with "+" or "00"), status of digital articles will switch to "refund pending".

You will get no code and no instant refund. Every key store will do verfication, play-asia is first where it will fail. Congrats.

EDIT: If you try to take your money back via PayPal, because they don't send you your codes, they will delete your order.

100% trickster company. Better save your order & payment confirmation mails to get your money back. Maybe they try to rip you off for no reason like me.

This review was modified by txcLOL on March 23 2016 08:28:55 AM

2016-03-10

best

"my name is choy
this sites is best choice for whole world.
best services,best handle,best support

2016-03-07

Exceeded my skeptical expectations

"I purchased a product key for Windows 7 Professional SP1 for us$19.95 - I have the disk but needed to do a re-install on a laptop after an HD failure. I fully expected Play-Asia.com to be a scam as the price for a key was so competitive-on the contrary, the key was sent out within 5 mins of ordering. I had a technical issue with seeing the key on their site in my online orders (my problem not theirs) and I contacted their live chat customer service and the issue was resolved in a few minutes-incredibly good service and great pricing! The key worked when installing Win7 Pro on the new hard drive-very, very happy!"

This review was modified by loco4olas on March 07 2016 03:01:33 PM

2016-02-08

the best

"there is no better shop online for games and merchandise :)"

This review was modified by stefankoroma on February 08 2016 04:46:42 AM

2015-11-25

"Wretched customer service, shipping took forever. The prices are also a bit steep for what you're getting. Company is a joke, use amiami instead."

This review was modified by redfield on November 25 2015 03:07:09 PM

2015-10-27

"The Customer Service is one of the best I've received so far. Whenever I have a question about an order or a product their answer is always fast, clear and helpful. I have purchased digital and physical content, the digital codes appears instantly and the physical shipping it's kinda fast."

2015-10-12

"It was really fast that was a nice surprise , 4 days as they claimed! also they were always supportive and answer quite fast all my questions and requests, the vita and the game were both in a nice package, overall it was a great first experience and I recommend it for your import games and consoles. "

Share Play-Asia.com's store rating

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member
Play-Asia.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!