• Contact: cs@play-asia.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.10/10 7.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.58/10 8.58/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.09/10 8.09/10

What is this?

"I bought a game code at play-asia.com at a great price. Unfortunately, the code didn't work. The client support was very nice and informed me all the way. I finally asked for a refund. Not only did they give me a coupon, but they also give me the game code for free once their supplier give them viable codes.
It's the first time I saw such dedication to the costumer in a long time.
I totally recommend them!

"I bought a prepaid card for Nintendo's Eshop to gift the code to a friend. I impatiently sent an email to customer support on a Friday evening Eastern Standard Time (Saturday in Hong Kong Time). Despite customer services hours listed as Mon-Fri on the site, I received a quick response anyway, and got the code out to my friend. I'm pretty impressed and would recommend Play-Asia for any prepaid card for any digital console shop. They even have JP PSN codes."

"(Gamer Best Friend!)

I had bought quite a number purchases from play-asia.com from 2011 till now, the customer support team is good.

As my recent order which am unable to redeemed a USA PSN network card $20 on my digital purchase, so i wrote in to play-asia customer service and took about 1 day for them to verify my account and solve my issue quick!

Thanks play-asia.com (Am a happy customer from Singapore! Keeps up the good work!)

"PSN 20$ 'the code has been used'

VERY POOR

"In my opinion, Play-Asia is the best website selling video games. Japanese, US and Asian version can be found here. I trust Play-Asia because once I make any order, I always receive my games. The staffs provide great solutions and have nice communication. One thing that lets me down is that game price goes up than in the past. However, all in all, I would recommend your site to my friends."

"I have ordered lots of games and never had a problem"

"I would recommend Play-Asia to everyone looking for certain Asian items. The prices are great (especially combined with free shipping!) and the customer service is amazing. Always eager to help and help fast! All I will say is see you next time :)!"

"very good customer service easy to talk to and easy to deal with.. its a shame some people have some difficulty with as i have not had any and its a shame some people might be put off using this website."

"Just purchased a Hori-Pad 4 controller for my PS4 from play-asia.com and am writing this as a warning to people from the U.S. ordering from them.

The controller arrived non-working, nothing works not even the lights on the controller. Tried with both a ps3 and ps4 and no go. Contacted play-asia and was told I could return the item at my expense and if they deemed it non-working after receiving it they would replace it. I have already shelled out $65 for the controller and shipping to get it to me.

I checked return shipping to them via the same method they sent it to me ($16.00 charge) and the cost is $95.59 (Fed-Ex international economy shipping). This is ridiculous. I could order another controller, pay shipping be $30 cheaper and have it in a week.

They will not pay return shipping on items that are received in non-working condition which is BS. So I am out $65 for a controller that doesn't work. Keep this in mind if you decide to order from them from the U.S. If it doesn't work you are stuck with it. There was no damage to the package during shipping.

I asked them how they suggested to send it back that wasn't so exspensive and was told to try registered economy airmail. Even this was $40 and unacceptable. So I am stuck with a nonworking controller and out $65. Buyer beware!

"Extremely cheap price, among the cheapest on the Internet; and there are also fantastic weekly sales. Products are in perfect condition and very good customer service. Is also willing to help you out if your order haven't arrive after a while. Though selecting the CHEAPEST delivery option can take slightly over a MONTH for your order to arrive. Overall, it is a definite winner if you want to buy cheap Asian-ish products but is willing to wait a long time for it."

"I just bought a game with them, it took like 6-7 weeks to arrive but it arrive in a very nice wrapped carton box, here in my country getting this type of items is very expensive (like 200% of the USA price), so waiting a little do not affect so much, I admit that i worried a little because the time they offer is of 2-3 weeks to arrive, but they have a nice support service, plus, I do not paid a single penny for the shipping so I think the time could be inaccurate because that reason, maybe not

I think play-asia.com is a very good site to find the game you are looking for a reasonable price

"Excellent customer service when my item took a little longer than expected to arrive. Previous items have arrived very quickly and are always in perfect condition. Great site for Asian media."

"Normally have no trouble whatsoever ordering from other online distributors and dealing with customer service. Disappointed to say that I've been left feeling particularly screwed over several times throughout the long-winded process of trying to actually get the game I ordered and paid for from Play-Asia.

I ordered a PAL version of a game, which the page informed me was in stock. The order took several weeks to arrive, which, whilst annoying, I could get over. However, it quickly became apparent that they had sent me the NTSC-J version of the game, a version which P-A's own site affirms will not work on my PAL console. A version, I might add, that wasn't even in stock when I placed my order anyhow, so how I ended up with it is anyone's guess.

I thought that, given the mistake being on their part and the fact that they had broken their own terms and conditions, I was being reasonable in asking that Play-Asia pay for the return shipping of the wrong product. I also found a number of customer reviews suggesting this had occurred in the past with other incorrectly sent orders, so it's not as though I was suggesting something completely unprecedented.

Anyhow, there was a lot of to-and-fro emailing back and forth with me trying to rectify their mistake. They claimed they would only send me the product I actually ordered after they received the wrong game back. Fantastic; I spent 3 weeks waiting for the game, and was now being asked to wait 3 weeks for it to get back to the distributor, at which point they will need to process the order back in, and then presumably send me my actual game (unless they manage to screw up the region again). So in all, waiting 9-11 weeks from the date Play-Asia took my money to finally actually get my game.

After a few emails however I was notified that they did not even actually have the game I ordered in stock, at which point I asked for an immediate refund and offered to ship back the wrong game at their expense. They refused. As an attempt to resolve the issue, they offered me store credit as payment for the shipping costs to, but I explained that putting me in a position where I had to give them more money after screwing up my order and providing such a drawn out customer service process was not remotely acceptable. They continued to drag out this process, so I launched a Pay Pal dispute.

Since this time, I have received a number of emails from P-A requesting I close the dispute but not making any satisfactory offers. It's worth noting their refusal to contact via the Pal Pal resolution system. After I clearly asked them to stop asking me to close my dispute if they weren't going to refund my money, I was surprised to find they immediately escalated the Pay Pal claim. Meaning, they didn't even bother to attempt reconciliation through the proper channels. I find this to be fairly questionable.

Meanwhile, they have since contacted me via email and offered to refund me the total money of the game and also pay to cover the cost of me shipping the wrong item back. I am relatively satisfied with this (I naturally would have been more satisfied if I actually ended up with the game I had ordered, but I have resigned myself to never getting it at this point). So it's looking like in the end, they might be able to salvage some of the situation. I have reached out asking for confirmation of return details, and will update the review accordingly when I hear back and receive the refund.

"Not only reasonable prices, various event sales and a wide variety of games, but also Play-Asia.com's customer service is more than great! They are always come in handy and quick to respond, not to mention being kind.
This is my first order but I'm absolutely sure that I will become a regular customer.

"Great customer service and a wonderful notification system. They're extremely helpful when you're in need of assistance and they've got an extensive selection of games to boot. Most of their stock even comes with free shipping. All in all, a great experience shopping with them."

Play-Asia.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Play-Asia.com is a merchant member
Play-Asia.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,851 merchant members.