Stores > Platinum Vacuums
  • Platinum Vacuum

Voice your opinion! Review Platinum Vacuums by clicking a star below.
2015-10-12

"Platinum Vacuums are CROOKS. They take your order, do not ship it, then never respond to any of your request to refund your money. "

2015-08-31

"I wish I could give these people "No Stars" but in order to leave a review I have to give it one star. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. How stupid of me though, that I never read any of these informative and enlightening reviews before my purchase. I could have saved myself countless hours of frustration. I tried countless ways (phone, emails, website, even twincityvacuum.com) to get in touch with them and THEY DO NOT RESPOND. Now since I will never see my purchase (already been over 3 weeks), I had to leave it up to my CC company to cancel the charges. Shame on me......

update 9/1/15 - got home last night and the package was waiting for me. Parts do look like a Chinese knockoff. Over 3 weeks and never received any indication or notification of shipment. Had to contact the CC company to cancel the dispute. All in all, very poor buying experience, will still never buy anything here again.

This review was modified by woodluvr on September 01 2015 04:34:37 AM

2014-09-09

"Please stay away from those people..."

2013-08-22

"NEVER again! Ordered a part and waited.. And waited. Contacted them after two weeks and was assured that part would be shipped "soon".. After three more weeks contacted again and told part was no longer available.. They had my money for 1 1/2 months and only when I contacted them did they do anything about it or even communicate with me.. Absolutely no customer service.. Will never deal with the again"

This review was modified by Crvr13 on August 22 2013 07:21:20 AM

2013-01-31

"Every one of these reviews is poor, mine included. Platinum Vacuum online is Twin City Vacuum in Crystal MN. They include this link with their coupon, so I'm posting here at their request. They should read these reviews and make changes. They have very unresponsive phone contact, become unresponsive once they get your money, and they send out non-OEM parts for what are close to OEM prices. They won't have a part, but will bill you for it, then hold your order indefinitly, letting you think it will be days, and it will be weeks or months, or never. If you cancel an order, they will say ok, then ship it anyway, and attempt to keep your money, unless you get serious and file a legal dispute through VISA to get your cancelled order charged-back. They will not return calls. They will not answer your calls, once they have your money. They will leave you in the dark. And on top of that, sell aftermarket parts charging OEM prices, letting you think your getting a deal, but a $3 part for $10 is not deal.. only if you think it's really a $15 OEM part that it isn't. So that is a scam. Best advice would be don't deal with them in the first place. Only people I've seen happy is those who have put down $500 or more on a new vacuum and only had it for a week before they've had to deal with the service end, and were cut off."

2013-01-22

"I was greatly disappointed by my experience with Platinum Vacuums. There was no communication to advise me that an ordered item was not in stock. I only became aware of this when, after waiting a week for a 2 day shipment, I called them. I finally received my order yesterday. Three weeks time is quite excessive, and to add insult to injury, I was still charged for USPS Priority Mail when the postage affixed was clearly the less expensive First Class Mail. I cannot imagine the future circumstances whereby I would again use this company."

2013-01-05

"I ordered parts on the 12th and just got them yesterday - 24 days later. What's funny is that the invoice says it shipped on the 19th, but I got an email saying it shipped on the 31st, which was accurate. The parts were fine and the price was competitive, but the extremely long shipping time for a part I needed urgently was unacceptable. I won't be using Platinum Vacuums again."

2012-11-11

"I have a Tristar EX20 canister vacuum and purchased 5 replacement flat belts from Platinum Vacuums. I've owned this vacuum for over 15 years. The belts fit EX20 2-51, 2-54, 2-101, and 2-102. Platinum Vacuum's pricing is competitive and my order was processed and shipped accurately and quickly. I used several belts before writing this review. I am EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with the QUALITY of the replacement belts. The rubber is very soft. After only 1 or 2 uses, the belts stretch out and will no longer turn the roller brush. Do not buy these belts."

2012-03-21

"This company needs to work on Customer Service, Rendering services and products in a timely fashion and above all RELIABILITY!!

No one answers the toll free number listed on their website or their invoice. I am assuming this is a BOGUS number if no one answers or returns calls. The only way to reach them is to call the phone number listed on your bank statement. Anytime we have called the phone number on our bank statement we have been able to speak to them directly. When you do speak with someone, their employees / owners (do not know who we were talking to at the time) were always kind or trying to resolve the issue. However, it is jumping through hoops just to locate their number. When you call the phone number on the bank statement, it is for TWIN CITY Vacuum, so I can only assume that TWIN CITY Vacuum is D/B/A (doing business as) Platinum Vacuum. I gave two stars for customer service since they actually helped me AFTER I located their number.

At the beginning of placing our order, they held our order, and did not notify us of any back order until we sent an email. We have since then received the remaining parts of the hose assembly and the filter assembly for our Dyson DC07. We were disappointed in the hose assembly as the hose is 1/4 shorter than the original Dyson hose. When purchasing on their website, we were under the assumption that we were getting the DYSON hose assembly for the correct machine and correct color. When the package arrived, the hose IS NOT the correct purple for the DC07 Animal Dyson. It is also NOT the correct length. I know this since the original hose from DYSON would reach to the top of my stairs, the hose purchased through their store fell short. I went to dyson.com's website and realized that the hose assembly was cheaper and DIRECTLY from the manufacturer than the cost of Platinum Vacuum's OFF BRAND hose from their site. This is the second time we have ordered through them and the second time we were disappointed. We tried, but realize, until improvements are made, we will not be trying their online store in the future.

To resolve any future disappointed online customers, they need to put some type of NOTE or RESTRICTION so end users know it is NOT the exact part from the specified manufacturer. They need to inform their future end users (aka online customers) if items are on back order BEFORE they place their order. Thus allowing the enduser to decide to order or not through them. There are shopping cart systems out there that will allow for this. They also need to state a return policy on their website. As I clicked on the "return policy" link, it brought me to a page to log into an account.

I am disappointed in the time it took to receive the products and when I received them, they were NOT from the manufacturer or even made to scale from the manufacturer's. I am forced now to use the hose assembly as I have waited almost 3 weeks for my product and need my vacuum to function properly.
Very Disappointed.

2012-02-25

"I ordered a Dyson Brush Roller from them on Feb. 12, 2012. On Feb. 23, 2012 I sent them an e-mail inquiring about my order. I received no response. I called them at several different times on 2 different days and no one answers. I finally received my Brush Roller on Feb. 25,2012 and it's Broken! I tried calling still no one answers the phone. I sent them an e-mail and I am awaiting a response. If they do not send me a replacement or refund my money in full I will be taking legal action against them as well as reporting them to the Better Business Bureau! I am very upset about this! I will Not order from them again! If they do not make this right I will tell everyone I know not to order from them either!"

2012-02-09

"I ordered parts on jan 25th 2012. never got them, sent query about order , they said item was out of stock and would be in on feb 2 still no word from them and I paid for express shipping because I need my vacuum. This feb 9th still no word from them I am canceling my order and do not recommend them. The worst merchant I have ever used"

2012-01-04

"They took my money and never delivered the part. They gave me a bogus tracking number, then said the part would be in the next week, then never contacted me. They ignore emails and no one answers the phone. Update;1/10/12 After threat of legal action they did credit my account so I am satisfied but it did take time to make it happen."

2011-10-18

"They are a SCAM I ordered parts from them online and ordered it next day shipping and still NO parts. I ordered them on 10-8-11 and it is 10-18-11. Tried calling and get some recording and they wont respond to any emails. FRAUD"

2011-08-23

"I do not recommend Platinum Vacuums. I ordered a part from them in July. Right after I ordered the part, I discovered that I didn't need it. I immediatly emailed customer service and tried to cancel the order. I also called and left a message to the same affect. I never heard one word from them. When the part arrived, I again tried calling them, but it is impossible to actually speak to someone. I've left messages to no avail. Simply no response from them. They got my money, so I guess that is all that matters."

Share Platinum Vacuums's store rating

Platinum Vacuums is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Platinum Vacuums is not a merchant member
Platinum Vacuums does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!