• Rating 3.50/10 100 reviews

Plastic Jungle is not a merchant member
    Plastic Jungle does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Plastic Jungle contact information

"I purchased $450 worth of Home Depot gift cards the other day. One of them was for around $200 that said it had 'zero' balance when I tried to use it. I called customer service and they processed the refund promptly. But I wonder what would have happened if I decided to use these gift cards at a later time. If I'd seen the 'zero' balance message after 2 or 3 months later when I use it, i would have said to myself, maybe I already used this card. What if I realized the problem and called plastic jungle then?would they have refunded the money? I don't know. I think it is very risky with the purchase of the gift cards online. Even though they may save few $s, i'm now skeptical about purchasing."

"I just wanted to update my review. Since I wrote this, I went on a massive campaign to get a resolution with Plastic Jungle. Bottom line....Plastic Jungle accepted responsibility for the issue and a refund was made by them to my PayPal Account.

Bottom line though, I do not recommend discounted gift cards to be purchased anywhere as even if they seem to be good, they can still come back at you up to 8-12 months later as stolen. Customers have up to 6 months to dispute a change on their credit cards and in some cases, can go even longer depending upon the circumstances. Meanwhile, you are left holding the bag after the fact. If you think the company you purchased the gift cards are going to back your purchase 6-12 months later, think again. They may be out of business because they got burned on so many themselves. Buyer Beware!

modified review This review was modified by beware911 on February 22 2013 01:55:12 PM

"Attempted three times to SELL my gift card on their website. All three times, after entering all of the proper information, received an error. Their system is designed such that you cannot immediately fix the issue and/or resubmit--I had to contact the company and have them erase the previous order first. All three times took approximately 24 hours for the reset. Plus they would seemingly indicate that there was a glitch with their system, but wouldn't give any more explanation--they would just tell me to retry. After three failed attempts over the course of a few days, I got frustrated and told them to cancel my account. Went to their competitor (giftcardrescue) and it worked like a charm on the first try: promptly received my money."

"I wish I had researched Plastic Jungle before purchasing. AWFUL service.

I purchased about $400 in Bestbuy e-gift cards assuming they would arrive promptly in my inbox. I wanted to save a few dollars on a purchase I was about to make. Combining the discounted gift cards with a sale that Bestbuy was having sounded like a great deal. And you would think that an E-gift card should arrive fast, right?

After putting in my payment info, Plastic Jungle sends me an email saying that the gift cards will arrive in my inbox soon. So I waited, and waited, and waited. It said that my order was “processing” on their website. 2 days later, still no gift cards, still “processing”. I tried calling them, but they have a recorded message that essentially says “we don’t take incoming calls”. So I emailed customer support, no reply. Threatened to report them to Better Business bureau, and I requested a refund, no reply.

Eventually the sale at Best Buy was over, so the gift card savings was defeated. Worse yet, I still had no gift cards and I cant reach anyone at the company. Started panicking, may have just lost nearly $400 to a scam.

So I emailed every @plasticjungle email address I could find, including one that appeared to be for the CEO. And finally, after way too much effort to make it worthwhile, the gift cards arrive.

Needless to say, I will not be buying from them again. NOT WORTH IT.

"I have sold my target gift card to plastic jungle electronically and got my payment within minutes. I was fast!! I couldn't believe it.
Glad I trusted www.giftcardgardgranny.com for the trusted site for buying and selling gift cards!! Oh, I wouldn't trust ebay for selling or buying gift cards though!

Let me go back to plastic Jungle, they have good customer service and faster reliable service.
I have been using thier site to buy gift cards all the time!
so far, I have never had any problems with them.

modified review This review was modified by rinacz on December 27 2012 06:08:26 AM

"I sold Dell gift card of $175. They provide free shipping label. I got money in paypal in 10 days. its positive experience."

"I was scared to give my Best Buy card to them, but they took the ecode and sent me a check within a few days, of course I got the check quick since San Mateo, CA is only a 30 min drive from me, but I was pleased with the communication. I will definately use them again. I am so happy. My best buy gift card was for $129.89 and they gave me $114.30, it was a great deal. (:"

"I was pretty reluctant to consider selling my Best Buy e-gift card on any of the websites, as there are a lot of negative reviews out there. It seemed that Plastic Jungle had a better reputation in one of the online surveys so I took a chance. They immediately offered me $492 for my $560 gift card (yes it's a loss, but I can't use it so I might well get whatever I can). I acccepted the offer. They asked me for a credit card to verify my identity and I wasn't too comfortable with that but after I created the account with them and completed the transaction, I went in and deleted this information permanently. I accepted their offer and recieved an email within minutes confirming the sale was complete, and a check would be mailed. I received the check four business days later. Done deal and no problems. I was expecting problems so I am very pleased."

"Ordered a Wal-mart eCode on Friday evening. Got a confirmation email stating that I would receive it in a few minutes. Never came, sent an email to customer service. On Sunday they stated that I should wait 24 hours from the purchase (if you're following, Friday-Sunday > 24 hours already). It is now Monday at 10:11AM and still nothing. Sent another email to cancel the order."

"Crappy customer service. The refer-a-friend program is a fraud. And their price is easily beaten by competitors."

"I had ordered a gift card from plastic jungle. When I received it, I checked the balance with the telephone # provided on the card. It is the right amount. However when I was trying to use it in the store, the store told me it was a fraud merchandise card. Be aware!"

"This company is a fraud. They have the worst customer experience. Don't buy and sell anything from them. You can't even call their customer service and everything happens through email. I have friends who told me that they lost hundreds of dollars selling GC to this company. I too had a bad buying expereince when they were selling ecodes for Kroger which kroger does not accept."

"The gift cards I tried to sell were marked as "electronic exchange". A few minutes after submitting them, my order was cancelled. The company wanted me to "fax" them information (yes, you read that right) relating to the sale "because of the large amount of gift card sold out" whatever that means. I actually checked my calendar to make sure this was still the 21st century.

The whole reason I went to them was to do everything online which is what they were offering up front. After repeated inquiries and nonsensical responses over several days from people with names like Shraddha and Anantprasad, I decided not to do business with this shady company. I highly recommend you avoid them as well.

"I used to order GC from this site and thought it would be pretty good to save money. But I just discovered it ended up waste a lot more money. Here is my story.

I used to purchased a cold stone card from them with $100 face value in March, 2012, and on my birthday in Sept, I went to the local cold stone and tried to pay with this GC, and the cashier tried several times and even went on internet to check the card balance, and in all the cases, no approval since it was said the card has 0 balance. I ended up to pay for my icecream birthday cake by other means in full price. I was outrageous, and sent them the complaint the next day, and got an email saying they were trying to refund to my credit card, but went through some difficulties, and was assigned a customer representative to investigate on it, and would get back to me soon, but in fact, till today, (16 days has passed) ever since I got this email, and nothing happened, even for three additional comments regarding to this issue I sent, I didn't get any response. So I agree this is a junk site, and has absolutely no customer service, and also I believe it ripped off your money in various ways, just as others have stated here. So be aware of this, and never again be allured to purchase from them because of the deep discount GC they seem to offer. It doesn't worth to risk.

Hope my lesson could save you guys some future loss.

"I have ordered several gift cards from this site over a period of several months. I have never had any problems. I have only purchased actual gift cards (not ecodes), but I always check the balance as soon as I received them in the mail. The full balances are always there, and I have never had any problems using the cards."