PlasmaBay (SN Commerce Corp., Accoona - accoona.com) Reviews - plasmabay.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 24 reviews

PlasmaBay (SN Commerce Corp., Accoona - accoona.com) is not a merchant member
PlasmaBay (SN Commerce Corp., Accoona - accoona.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"On 11/30/2007 I purchase my Samsung LCD TV and BluRay player on the same invoice to be shipped to me. I also paid for an extended warranty on both products. Recently upon having problems with the product, I found out from Samsung that they have no record of an extended warranty on my products and that I should contact Plasma Bay to find out more. I was charged $299.95 for the 5 yr extended warranty, apparantly which I now need but do not have. Cannot contact Plasma Bay with any success."

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered two LCD HDTVs from Plasma Bay mainly because of their low price, free shipping, items in stock and proximity to where I live so that I would receive them in a day or two with thier free ground shipping.

I called the store after waiting two days for the items to ship and was told to call back again in another day because it can take up to 48 hours to process the order and it wasn't processed yet. On the third day I was told the same thing even though three days went by. I pressed the issue and was transferred to my "account person" since they happened to "be at their desk" during this call.

My "account person" proceeded to try to sell me expidited shipping services, cables, and other accessories when all I wanted to do was find out why the items that were "in stock" hadn't shipped yet. He then told me that the two TVs would ship from California even though they were supposedly in stock in NJ at the time of the order. Again, he started pushing the 2nd and 3rd day shipping upgrade so that I would get the item quickly. I started to get annoyed and told him to leave everything alone and just send out the two TVs.

A day later both items shipped from NJ (not California) and I received them two days later. The two TVs were in a new sealed box and in good working order.

The sales people were rude when I called in for the order and the customer service people tried to pressure sell other items and basically lied to try to get me to cover their free shipping policy. Other than that the items I ordered were fine and came in a week after placing the order.

Rating 8/104/5

"I am relieved to report that I had an great experience in purchasing my Samsung 58" Plasma from Plasma Bay. The transaction went smooth and I paid using Paypal. There was very little upselling other than a extended warrantee which I declined. The unit was shipped ALL THE WAY to Hawaii and it arrived a week earlier than they projected using standard shipping and was delivered into my home. My only complaint is that they shipped the wrong color mount for my TV. I can live with that. I was nervous about the transaction being such a high priced fragile item, but I am feeling much better about this company and would do business with them again.

(04-03-2008) Reseller Ratings just sent me an email asking if I wanted to revise my rating. After almost a month of constant use, I have had ZERO problems with the TV. Im still quite content.

modified review This review was modified by mauipunter on April 03 2008 02:40:08 PM

"I have ordered two televisions from this vendor. The first, about six months ago. The Panasonic Plasma was received as promised for a great price. Delivery was a little protracted, but in part due to the common carrier. The second a Sony XBR was shipped ASAP via FedX. No funny business with either transaction. "

"Horrible! Horrible! I'll never shop with them again."

modified review This review was modified by Bill50G on January 07 2008 06:52:34 PM

"Ordered a $2,500 LCD TV. A sales rep called a day later to tell us the order has been processed. Then he tried to sell us accessories and a service plan. We did not buy. He said the delivery company would call. Ten days later, nothing happened. When we called their Customer Service, it took 15 minutes to get to the right person. Then we were told that our order was canceled. But they could not tell us who canceled it and why, because "the system does not say".

We ordered the same TV from Amazon for $50 dollars more. It was shipped in 24 hours. White Glove delivery. They move it to upstairs, set it up, and tested everything before we sign the sheet. We could not have been happier that PlasmaBay canceled our order!

"BEWARE! BEWARE! I ordered an Onkyo 6-Disc Carousel DVD/CD Changer from them in black. They claimed it was in stock. Instead, Plasma Bay shipped a silver one, which was not what I ordered. In a number of protesting phone calls, they challenged the return, insisting that I would owe a 15% restocking fee. It took a credit card complaint, plus the intervention of the New Jersey better business bureau, to get the full credit on this unordered item.

After dealing with these people, I needed a shower. Stay away.

Peter Cornstalk's Avatar
In My House

"Sold me a Sharp LC52D62U 52" LCD TV and shipped one with a well known manufacturers defect that causes banding in the background on the screen. I called them before receiving the TV and Dave said they would take care of it if I called them within 24 hours of receiving it.

It was delivered ok and I set it up and turned it on and sure enough it had the reported banding.

I called plasamabay.com back and talked to Dave again and the story changed into a shipping damage claim and give them a week and they will take care of it. I told him is wasn't damaged in shipping, but that didn't seem to bother him. He also suggested I get with Sharp to have it taken care of under the factory warranty.

I decided to work with them and I did contact Sharp about it and they said they would call me when they had new stock in.

Well to make a long story short, after several phone calls over 2 months to both plasmabay.com and Sharp, I got no where and finally had to dispute it with American Express.

The charges were reversed and final on March 8th.

plasmabay.com is the worst of the worst. Do not buy from them, or you may regret it. I sure did.

P.S. Think twice about buying a Sharp product as they do not honor their warranties.

"Buyers Beware, this is a company that sells pirated hardware, and or removes components that will de-legitamize your hardware purchase for support.

In Feb 2005 I ordered 5 pieces of equipment on my order. After 4 weeks and not receiving my order I beegin the game of cancelling order vs should I deny charges on my Credit Card. After 2 weeks of back to back with Service, Support and Credit Departments, all the same people, just passing the phone around in the warehouse. I grew suspicious about my purchases, when wonder of wonder 3 of my items showed up at my door. I cancelled the 2 remaining, but this story is about 2 specific items. One, 1 had ordered a 23" Samsung LN-R238W LCD PC monitor. DHL dropped of this package, but then booked it into the truck and down the street as I called out I'm not signing for this until I check the monitor. Wouldn't you know it as soon as I opened the box the LCD front was smashed. Now this could have happened in shipping, or PlasmaBay could have just shipped out a broken one to piss off an already aggitated customer. Don't care either way, because I called DHL and stated your carrier left his statement unsigned and a broken package at my house please come pick them both up, thank you. 20 minutes later driver was back and I had to work for 2 weeks to receive a credit once PlasmaBay received it back in their possession. On to my much bigger issue now with PlasmaBay.com. The second item of 3 to arrive that glorious day was my new Sony KDS-R50XRB1. Bitchen TV, $3,700 at your Bestbuy, Circuit City and Fry's outlets, only $2,500 online at PlasmaBay.com

Bit nervous of what to expect, but no problems for 6 months. Then one morning turned on the TV and suddenly a greenish line from top to bottom on the right was there and didn't go away. After 4 hours online with Sony Support, no tests were working to resolve this anf they stated I should use a local Platinum/Gold TV support specialist. Picked 3. Called all 3. All 3 came out to check the TV. Upon further inspection, 1 stated my serial number did not match the numbers he was pulling of the light board and other items inside my TV. WTF?!?! I still have the box in my garage the TV came in!! So I call back one of the previous TV repair companies. They take the TV, and a day later call me and tell me my TV cannot be repaired under warranty, because the parts inside my TV do not match the serial number stamped on the shell.

Calls to PlasmaBay.com go completely unanswered. So I call Sony and tell them to add PlasmaBay.com to their "Fight Sony Pirating" division. So I'm out $2,500, plus the costs for the repairman to return my broken TV. I will be telling everyone online and off about this. If you already have a case/suit against PlasmaBay.com please contact me, I would be glad to join...

"Even though my order for an HD TV was backordered and took a few weeks. I was very happy with both the customer service and price. I would use these folks again."

"Ordered both a Denon AVR4306 receiver and Sony KDS-55A2000 HDTV from PlasmaBay. Called rather than ordered directly from website because I had some shipping questions. Person I talked to was helpful and saved me money. No pressure to buy extended warranties, nor did anyone follow-up later to sell any additional warranties.TV and receiver arrived within 2 weeks - very satified with this transaction and would recommend them."

"These people have a number of 'ghost' companies they operate under, ex: SkyNet Communications, Corp.dba BestBuyPlasma.com. On my order they shipped the right LCD TV but the wrong mount. Then they denied they shipped the wrong mount by plagerizing the shipping documents but aren't able to plagerize the original order acknowledgement. There method is to deny,deny, deny and even set their email system to reject my emails and send them back to me. Will work through CC company as only option.

"On 5/22/06 I ordered a set of Sure E4 headphones in black from this vendor. They were prompt in sending me an e-mail with the shipping information and the product arrived in California on 2/26/06 when I only paid for regular shipping. The product was brand new in a factory sealed container. I am very pleased with this merchant and would order from them again."

"despite web claim "brand new, factory sealed" used, scratched lcd samsung arrived. many labels on cartoon from several different dealers. it had obviously been a display model or a badly abused return. customer service said I was a 'liar' that I substituted my used tv for their brand new one!!! dealer is dishonest and conducting illegal business practices."

"We received this order (a 32 in Sony LCD)in an unusably damaged condition. Since we had opened the box (DHL confirmed that we could not have known from the outside of the box how badly damaged the TV was), Plasmabay will not submit our insurance claim - even though their website claims we paid insurance for delivery. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR A MAJOR ELECTRONIC PURCHASE!"