Pictures on Gold Reviews - picturesongold.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.17/10 101 reviews

Pictures on Gold is a merchant member
Pictures on Gold participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,888 merchant members.

"I am in a customer service related industry, and I have to say that the service I received from Pictures on Gold was phenominal! I placed an order for a personalized piece and it arrived almost immediately. It was perfect and exactly what I ordered, however, I ordered the wrong thing. Since it was custom, I thought I had wasted the money (a stretch to my budget to begin with). This a special gift for my husband who is retiiring after 44 years as a police officer and I wanted it to be perfect. Daniel called me and helped get me what I needed, very quickly. Don't be afraid to order from this company--they are great and I will do it again!"

"This score is because I cant give them anything less. The locket never made it although it was scheduled for next day service which was valentines day. They told me UPS said they delivered it not to me but to the leasing office. Did the office order this item or did I? I have been waiting for calls back for the last few weeks. The latest call back was suppose to be last Tuesday and here it is Thursday. I even put insurance on the item just in case something like this happened and was informed by not one but 2 of the only workers that answer the phone that nothing will be done about it because they mailed it off. Well when it comes to UPS a signature isn't required for the deliveries unless the company requires it. when you do sign for it, it isn't because you have to. If your not there UPS has the right to abandon your package (per UPS). When you live in a complex it is not be the best Idea for UPS to drop an item at the front door and leave it. To top it all off the leasing office didn't sign for it and said they never got it. They have been saying that since 2/14/14 the day UPS said it had been delivered. I am totally dissatisfied with the lack of respect, customer service and honesty I have gotten from this company. I am a law abiding citizen and I wouldn't continue this journey after a month if I received it."

"I have purchased several medals and chains from Pictures on Gold for myself and family. The orders always arrive quickly and correct. I love the light-weight medals and how clear and precise the engravings are. I also ordered a miraculous medal in color and it too is just beautiful. My sister and I like wearing our favorite saints so we have several on the same chain so the thin light medals don't sound like dog tags when we move. The chains look well made and sturdy yet very elegant around my neck. I did have a question about a coupon I found online and the answer arrived very quickly even though it was the weekend. They even followed up to make sure I was able to use the code and offered to look over my order to make sure it was correct. I can't tell you how unexpected and how happy it made me feel to have such great customer service. Way to go - you went above and beyond. "

"My boyfriend recently Designed & Purchased a locket for me for Valentine's Day on the PicturesOnGold.com website.

I was jumping for joy when I received the Sweetheart Locket all wrapped up in a beautiful black satin box with a bow.

The locket was beautiful, and the photos were actually engraved in to the locket. He choose 2 fabulous photos of us. Those photos were remarkable in the locket. The locket had a red rose on the front and a special engraved message on the back.

The locket turned out perfect. Everyone,compliments me on it.
My boyfriend said it was so easy to order, and did have a question which was answered promptly. I highly recommend PicturesOnGold.com to get gorgeous personalized lockets.

"Awesome customer service and instant communication responses. They designed a unique saint image for my daughters confirmation, and she was thrilled. Their product is top quality and very quick production and shipping. You can't go wrong!"

"I ordered a white gold diamond heart locket for my sister to wear on her wedding day and I just have to say WOW!!! Everything came out beautiful. I sent a photo of my grandparents (who have both passed) to be merged with a photo of my sister and her daughter. I cannot believe how the picture came out. It looks like my grandparents were really in the actual picture of my sister and niece. The merging was done so perfectly and fit so well into the locket. I was brought to tears and I know my sister will be too. When I called and spoke to a representative there and they told me that I could merge these photos together I was a little hesitant but I wanted it done so badly and so glad that the young lady on the phone convinced me to do it. I placed the order with her and emailed the photos. Picturesongold really made the whole ordering process so easy. Even better I received the locket 2 days after I placed the order. I am still in shock over how quickly and beautifully everything was done. I will definitely be shopping with them again. "

Rating 6/103/5

"I was very disappointed in my order with this company. Online, the product looked a lot different than what I got, quite frankly. The chain and locket seemed like gum ball machine quality and quite fragile (and a little cheesy). I would never have ordered it if I had seen it in person first. On the plus side, yes, they do an great job on the laser picture quality and engraving, but such detail deserves to be on a finer quality piece of jewelry. The order I received was not worth over $100, not even close. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere first. Also, when I sent an email to discuss some of these issues, they never tried to contact me. It's been two days so far...

Update: After three attempts of contact, the seller responded. It took a while, but they did try to amend things by sending a new locket that now closes properly. I do appreciate their efforts to make amends. I don't know if I'll buy from them again, but I do believe they tried to make things right. Still think they are overpriced, but at least the second locket they sent was of much better quality.

modified review reply posted Feb-25-2014

picturesongold, Pictures on Gold rep has responded

“I would love to fix this issue for you. if you look on facebook and other review sites everyone absolutely loves the lockets. I'm wondering if a mistake was somehow made. PLease contact daniel@picturesongold.com and I'm certain he will fix this issue for you immediately.”

"This is the second time i have used Pictures on Gold and i LOVE them!

I bought item P33 for my Grandma for Xmas and it came the very next day!

The photo i sent them was cropped beautifully and i am over the moon!

I have already told the rest of my family about Pictures on Gold!

"Just received my silver locket today. I used your Build Your Own Locket feature and it came out perfectly and very fast just as I designed it. The pictures were beautifully engraved. Thank you very much, I will definitely recommend you to my friends."

Rating 4/102/5

"I was extremely disappointed with the customer service as I have gotten no replies to my multiple emails. As well, the engraved picture is lacking detail and is quite unclear so that was also disappointing. This item was not worth how much it cost. I likely will not be purchasing from here again. "

"Quality locket at a great price! :) 5 out of 5 stars!"

modified review reply posted Jan-02-2014

picturesongold, Pictures on Gold rep has responded

“Sir, I do show your item as shipped and was lost in transit by the postal service. We will make you a brand new one today and overnight deliver it to you at our expense. I'm really sorry for this.”

"First time buyer from PoG, and really disappointed. Bought the locket for my wife for Christmas, and there are all sorts of problems.

1) Locket does not look like what was on the website, as there is no black background contrast behind the gold detailing on the front of the locket.
2) Locket will not clasp shut.
3) Photo on the right has been glued crooked and is off center.
4) There is a sizeable dent visible on the right half of the locket, just above the picture, on the top right corner.
5) Back of the locket has a depression that "pops-in-and-out" or caves in when trying to close the locket.

Spoke to a service rep who said nothing can be done by Christmas (recieved locket on 12/9), despite the website proudly advertising everywhere that Christmas delivery is guaranteed. She advised I gift it in the state it is now and deal with it in the new year.

So now I have a broken, unpresentable, Christmas gift to share with my wife. Not going to happen. I have to scramble to find something now.

Very, very disappointed. Lesson learned and will think twice before purchasing again from this vendor.

UPDATE 12/26/2013:

Contacted the seller for return authorization. PoG refused to pay return shipping on their defective product! Return postage will have to come out of my pocket.

Oh and thanks to PoG for reporting my review as a fake, instead of contacting me and trying to make right on this epic fail of a purchase. Isn't that why I provided my invoice number in full transparency upon submitting this review? PoG asked for my review to be taken down for violating policy #9: "...an intent to do business or to make a purchase did not occur."

UPDATE 1/18/2014:

PoG received my parcel on 1/6, and I have yet to see a credit on my credit account, despite having called twice. Before PoG calls me out as a liar, like below in their comments, look it up yourself. UPS tracking 1Z37w1430342173087, signed for by IACAUTO, return authorization 378521. How convenient was it this whole ordeal has dragged on past 45 days, beyond the date range of dispute resolution with paypal.

UPDATE 1/21/2014:

Followed up for the 3rd time on the status of my refund. Was told Paypal refund was no longer possible since the 60 day refund window had expired. Are you serious!? Was told someone would call me back to advise on next steps... no call back. Am I terribly surprised? Nope. Just finished submitting my credit card dispute resolution.

Please, let my failure be your lesson. You've been warned!

modified review reply posted Jan-02-2014

picturesongold, Pictures on Gold rep has responded

“This is all absolutely not true. I will rectify everything for you. Please call and ask for Daniel at 877-703-1143 and he will rectify everything at once. Guaranteed.”

"Just received my custom order (2 lockets ordered in memory of my niece who died very suddenly at age 18). The lockets where to be a gift for her sister and aunt. The quality of the lockets is horrible, I am so dissapointed. I have tried to contact the company to discuss my concerns, but have not been able to reach a live person. Attached is a picture of what I just received in the mail, I have not done anything to make it look so horrible.

Picture will not attach :(. I hope someone from the company contacts me to offer their help

modified review reply posted Dec-19-2013

picturesongold, Pictures on Gold rep has responded

“Call the office at 877-703-1143, we will get this rectified right away. This is not normal at all, I promise you this and must be a miscommunication. We will send you new ones right away.”

" I ordered a large colored laser 14K gold pendant. I was very satisfied with the finished product. I was able to speak to the person who was actually doing the process and discussed how I would like the photo to look on the pendant. Everyone is very professional and helpful. The pendant is beautiful and I would highly recommend Pictures on Gold to remember your loved ones."

"I ordered a gold locket for my sister's 50th birthday on Monday and it was at my home in Wisconsin by Wednesday afternoon. The locket was beautifully done. Great correspondence with the company, and I know my sister will be smiling when she opens a lovely locket on her birthday with her special dog Nikki inside. Thank you so much for your great service on my order. This is my second order from this company and both times I was extremely please all the way around with the beautiful engraving and quality lockets that I purchased."