Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.94/10 6.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

""First time for everything."

I never write reviews but this time I had to!

Bride to be searching for the best Bridesmaid, Groomsmen and Parent gifts. After looking through Etsy, Pinstrest etc. I came across Picturesongold. Since I had a large order I called in to place the order over the phone. I spoke with a lovely lady who not only was beyond helpful but gave me great ideas. I placed the order on Monday July 14th and I figured id probably get it in a few weeks. To my surprise by Tuesday morning I had an email saying your order has shipped! Shipped??? Already??? I couldn't believe my eyes when Saturday arrived and I had my package! Everything was above and beyond my expectations. In the package I received a catalog, 10% refer a friend cards and scratch off to possibly win a free item. I quickly did my scratch off and I won!!!! Wahoooooo! I won a photo pendant with my next purchase of $50 or more. The next day I called to order my free pendant and some gifts for my future husband. I cant wait to get my items. Everything shipped out right away as usual and is scheduled to deliver this weekend. I wish I could give this company a 15 out of 10 because they deserve it!

Picturesongold you rock!

"WOW-
Received my beautiful 'design your own locket' super quick (within a few days of ordering and I live in the UK).
If your looking a precious item of family history then this is for you. My gorgeous 'family' locket was everything I hoped it to be and more. Not only was I able to have colourful pictures of my four kids, I was able to customise it with my birthstone and a personal texted script on both front and back of the locket, making it very personal. A precious beginning for a family heir loom. Highly recommended. Truly a fantastic item of jewellery, Words can not express enough.
Also Brilliant customer service. I was able to amend an order prior it to being processed. Good live chat service too.

"When my dad passed away I was looking for something special to wear in his memory. I came across this wonderful website. They have so many beautiful pieces of jewelry to remember your loved one. I spoke with a lovely customer service rep that was so helpful from beginning to end. Anxious to receive my heart pendant with my dad's picture on it. I could not believe how fast I received it. Not only was it breathtaking but it brought tears to my eyes how beautiful my dad's picture came. There is not a day that goes by that I do not wear my pendant. I have received so many compliments on my heart pendant. I highly recommend Pictures on gold not only for their customer service but also for their many beautiful pieces that they offer. Thank you once again for making my memory of my dad a very special one!!!"

"Purchased a locket a month ago for my fiance and had it within 2 days of the order, super quick and the shipping was free.

I had laser photo engraving & text engraving on the inside of the locket, the clarity of the photo & text engraving is remarkable, easily readable and the photo looks better now then it did at full scale.

100% my go to company for custom work, fast shipping and high quality jewelry.

"Very disappointing. A very expensive gold charm with a French flag enameled on the front, is the thinnest charm I have ever seen. How little gold can you get in a charm? The colors of the flag are dull and nothing like the real French flag. The white is actually champagne. I have written to the company but have received no reply. I will not shop with them again."

"I ordered 'Build Your Own Sterling Silver 2-Picture Oval Locket 3/4 Inch x 1 Inch, Sterling Silver' with two engravings, one on the front and one on the back of the locket. On the inside of the locket, I had two laser inscribed photos.

Firstly, the locket would not close. The pin that slipped into the front cover of the locket was bent very badly and would not enter the small hole to seal the locket when closing. I had to take it to a jewelry repair shop to get it repaired. I was surprised that the locket made it past quality control with such an obvious flaw that could not have been caused during shipping.

Secondly, the front of the locket had scuff marks/scratches that I cannot do anything about. The locket is still presentable and I will still be giving it to my significant other, however, it was disappointing to see.

On a good note, I did have a special request for the purchase and spoke with a representative that was able to quickly and easily complete my special request before shipping the locket.

"I ordered a medic alert charm, measures 1" x 1/2", red enamel on one side and engraved with name, DOB and allergy on the other. It's very pretty. However, it is without a doubt the FLIMSIEST, wafer thin piece of jewelry I own. The jeweler who is attaching it to my bracelet says it contains $25 worth of gold. I paid $239.00. If this is to do me any good I have to be willing to wear it. I am, because it is quite attractive. Simply a ripoff, price-wise."

"I am in a customer service related industry, and I have to say that the service I received from Pictures on Gold was phenominal! I placed an order for a personalized piece and it arrived almost immediately. It was perfect and exactly what I ordered, however, I ordered the wrong thing. Since it was custom, I thought I had wasted the money (a stretch to my budget to begin with). This a special gift for my husband who is retiiring after 44 years as a police officer and I wanted it to be perfect. Daniel called me and helped get me what I needed, very quickly. Don't be afraid to order from this company--they are great and I will do it again!"

"This score is because I cant give them anything less. The locket never made it although it was scheduled for next day service which was valentines day. They told me UPS said they delivered it not to me but to the leasing office. Did the office order this item or did I? I have been waiting for calls back for the last few weeks. The latest call back was suppose to be last Tuesday and here it is Thursday. I even put insurance on the item just in case something like this happened and was informed by not one but 2 of the only workers that answer the phone that nothing will be done about it because they mailed it off. Well when it comes to UPS a signature isn't required for the deliveries unless the company requires it. when you do sign for it, it isn't because you have to. If your not there UPS has the right to abandon your package (per UPS). When you live in a complex it is not be the best Idea for UPS to drop an item at the front door and leave it. To top it all off the leasing office didn't sign for it and said they never got it. They have been saying that since 2/14/14 the day UPS said it had been delivered. I am totally dissatisfied with the lack of respect, customer service and honesty I have gotten from this company. I am a law abiding citizen and I wouldn't continue this journey after a month if I received it."

"I have purchased several medals and chains from Pictures on Gold for myself and family. The orders always arrive quickly and correct. I love the light-weight medals and how clear and precise the engravings are. I also ordered a miraculous medal in color and it too is just beautiful. My sister and I like wearing our favorite saints so we have several on the same chain so the thin light medals don't sound like dog tags when we move. The chains look well made and sturdy yet very elegant around my neck. I did have a question about a coupon I found online and the answer arrived very quickly even though it was the weekend. They even followed up to make sure I was able to use the code and offered to look over my order to make sure it was correct. I can't tell you how unexpected and how happy it made me feel to have such great customer service. Way to go - you went above and beyond. "

"My boyfriend recently Designed & Purchased a locket for me for Valentine's Day on the PicturesOnGold.com website.

I was jumping for joy when I received the Sweetheart Locket all wrapped up in a beautiful black satin box with a bow.

The locket was beautiful, and the photos were actually engraved in to the locket. He choose 2 fabulous photos of us. Those photos were remarkable in the locket. The locket had a red rose on the front and a special engraved message on the back.

The locket turned out perfect. Everyone,compliments me on it.
My boyfriend said it was so easy to order, and did have a question which was answered promptly. I highly recommend PicturesOnGold.com to get gorgeous personalized lockets.

"Awesome customer service and instant communication responses. They designed a unique saint image for my daughters confirmation, and she was thrilled. Their product is top quality and very quick production and shipping. You can't go wrong!"

"I ordered a white gold diamond heart locket for my sister to wear on her wedding day and I just have to say WOW!!! Everything came out beautiful. I sent a photo of my grandparents (who have both passed) to be merged with a photo of my sister and her daughter. I cannot believe how the picture came out. It looks like my grandparents were really in the actual picture of my sister and niece. The merging was done so perfectly and fit so well into the locket. I was brought to tears and I know my sister will be too. When I called and spoke to a representative there and they told me that I could merge these photos together I was a little hesitant but I wanted it done so badly and so glad that the young lady on the phone convinced me to do it. I placed the order with her and emailed the photos. Picturesongold really made the whole ordering process so easy. Even better I received the locket 2 days after I placed the order. I am still in shock over how quickly and beautifully everything was done. I will definitely be shopping with them again. "

"I was very disappointed in my order with this company. Online, the product looked a lot different than what I got, quite frankly. The chain and locket seemed like gum ball machine quality and quite fragile (and a little cheesy). I would never have ordered it if I had seen it in person first. On the plus side, yes, they do an great job on the laser picture quality and engraving, but such detail deserves to be on a finer quality piece of jewelry. The order I received was not worth over $100, not even close. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere first. Also, when I sent an email to discuss some of these issues, they never tried to contact me. It's been two days so far...

Update: After three attempts of contact, the seller responded. It took a while, but they did try to amend things by sending a new locket that now closes properly. I do appreciate their efforts to make amends. I don't know if I'll buy from them again, but I do believe they tried to make things right. Still think they are overpriced, but at least the second locket they sent was of much better quality.

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-25-2014

picturesongold, Pictures on Gold rep has responded

“I would love to fix this issue for you. if you look on facebook and other review sites everyone absolutely loves the lockets. I'm wondering if a mistake was somehow made. PLease contact daniel@picturesongold.com and I'm certain he will fix this issue for you immediately.”

"This is the second time i have used Pictures on Gold and i LOVE them!

I bought item P33 for my Grandma for Xmas and it came the very next day!

The photo i sent them was cropped beautifully and i am over the moon!

I have already told the rest of my family about Pictures on Gold!

Pictures on Gold is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Pictures on Gold is a merchant member
Pictures on Gold participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.