Stores > Photo Video Superstore
  • Photo Video Sup

Voice your opinion! Review Photo Video Superstore by clicking a star below.
2012-01-24

"Ordered at 8pm at night and had my camera delivered by 10:30am the next morning. Great service. Great price. I highly recommend them."

2011-11-22

"Similar story to others rating here. (Wish I'd read them first.)

Found them via price comparison website (can't recall, maybe Nextag.com), looking for Canon G12 digital camera. Pricing was "too good to be true" (over $100 less than comparison sites.)

Placed an order for product, received confirmation. 2 weeks later had not received product; wrote and was told it was on "backorder for 6 to 8 weeks", and asking if I wanted to cancel.

I waited it out, then sent two more inquiries, which went unanswered.

I don't know what their scam is (stealing credit card info? malware?) but it seems pretty clear it's a scam and not a legitimate business.

Stay away

2011-09-02

"Stay away , They try to generate traffic to their site by luring customers with fake pricing. I read the reviews and i wanted to give try by giving fake credit card #. Next thing i receive was to give them a call since the product was not available and on back order,they want to know if i want to keep it or cancel the order. Their website design so good and they did not even list saying not in stock currently. STAY AWAY. I will call GOOGLE to list them out of from their search engine."

2011-06-21

"I never write reviews, but this one deserves it. I wished I had read the reviews before :(. STAY AWAY FROM THEM IT IS A SCAM!! The products are not good quality they are overpriced and like everyone I ended up paying extra for the battery. The lens that came with the camera was broken it is a big deal to return it and get it exchanged. Obviously they are very good at what they do but JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM even if it’s the best DEAL BELIEVE ME ITS NOT!!!"

2011-05-19

"I originally wanted to buy just the camera body from this company, but while making the order I agreed to also buy a battery and charger for it. I verified the prices of all the items. The package was not discounted because I was buying additional items, they just added the battery and charger and the price of the camera together. After the item arrived I decided I didn't need the battery and charger. When I called back to obtain an RMA number, they refused to allow me to return only the battery and charger. I would be required to return the entire package.
The Customer Service lady that I first spoke to tried to be pleasant, and succeeded only slightly. When I asked to be connected with someone else, I was told that I would get the same answer from them, but I insisted. I spoke to Michael Silver who indeed did tell me the same thing, and became increasingly annoyed with me as the call proceeded. They both insisted that this was sold as a "Kit" and had to be returned in whole or not at all. Even though I did not pay for a kit. I paid for three separate items, with three different prices, and not a Kit.
I would never encourage anyone to ever deal with this company. Customer Service in their case has to be considered only in very very loose terms. Horrible company to work with.

2011-04-12

"I bought a new Nikon D7000 with 1 yr Nikon USA Warranty from them at above market price because the camera was not available anywhere else at the time. I also purchased a 5 year extended warranty on the camera. I then had to send the camera to Nikon for service and discovered through Nikon that they had sent me a gray market camera that, if fact, had no warranty. Not only that, but Nikon will not service any gray market product, even for a fee. PhotoVideoSuperStore's solution to the problem was for me to send the camera back to them and they would "send it out for repairs." I spoke to Janice at their customer service and found her not just rude but ruthless, without remorse, and very uncooperative with no interest in customer satisfaction. I was able to get the camera back to them and am now in an ongoing credit card dispute. They are a classic bait and switch operation and I cannot understand how they continue to do business. My advice is AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!"

2011-04-01

"www.photovideosuperstore.com

I Ordered a SONY Camera for $719.00 as per the website advertises. I cancelled my order from other website.

The next day i received an email that they are canceling the order as they don't have the product.

These websites have to be blocked.They just receive our Credit Card information by showing little less price but they are fake.

Now I have lost my original order from the other website and also from this website.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE

2011-03-25

"Sadly, i read the reviews after the order. I ordered the
Nikon D 3100 camera with a 18-105 lens. It seemed like a good price of $749.00 with a few accessories. In the phone order, they said it didn't come with a battery or charger. Simply a lie. All kits come with a battery and lithium battery. A .85,00 add. Then they say there is a 5% shipping and handling charge. The website says free shipping. By the time they were done it was $969.99. The small print says a 15% restocking fee.
They said They would include a "upgraded" 4 hr battery. It came with the battery that Nikon includes with the kit. Do yourself a favor and just go to Sams club. These people are crooks. Eli is the sales person I dealt with.. Just cross check the price of their accessories. they prey on the ill informed.

2011-03-21

"These people are shady!!! Placed my order and never heard or saw anything further from these folks and my credit card was never charged!(Lucky!!) SO, (5) days later I called them to confirm my order status and got busy signals the first (4) calls I placed and finally got through on the fifth call only to "hold please" and be hung up on! Finally the sixth call I got in touch with someone who stated that my order had not been processed or shipped because they hadn't verified my shipping and billing information (despite that fact that I placed my order on line and personally gave them all that information)however; he verified it and said that everything was okay and the order would now be processed but not before trying to sneak in a last minute sale for a battery pack for the camera I ordered which I quickly shot down and he actually dropped the issue right away. I then specifically asked if the order would finally ship today and he stated "Yes, it would ship today" That was the end of the phone call. I then logged in later in the afternoon to check my order status again and it now showed "slight back order!" which was never at any point mentioned on the site while placing my order or at that immediate point in time! So, I called back again and actually got a hold of a person (after the second call this time) and went through the entire story above, with her, and she refused to do anything to help with the situation, upgrade my order, and proceeded to call me a liar stating that the item was always on back order the whole time and I couldn't have possible placed the order without knowing that it was a back-ordered item! The only thing I DID get her to do was send me a email right then and there confirming order cancelation! Never again will I purchase anything from them! "

2011-03-07

" http://www.photovideosuperstore.com – Shoppers beware

Word of advice, if you have been a victim of this company and they overcharged or sent you substandard products, CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND REVERSE SOME (IF NOT ALL) OF THE CHARGES.

BE WARNED!! SCAM... Be very careful if you decide to order from this company. It is a sales company that advertises great prices but what you get is completely different. Accessories are way over priced, customer service is awful, 15% restocking fees. In short this company is riding a thin line from being a flat out SCAM!

I had originally ordered a Canon 5D Mark II with a 600 dollar lens and a ton of accessories for a great price, 2500. I paid online and submitted my order. a day later I get a phone call, the message said they couldn’t process my order until I talked with them. I reluctantly called back, im pretty busy and don’t have a lot of time for customer service, this is why I ordered online. I thought they wanted to verify the card to prevent fraud. But that wasn’t it at all, it was ALL up selling, they lie and convince you what you are buying isn’t what you want, they sell you “cracker jack” toys at unbelievable prices. In short, you will end up paying 3 times as much as you would by going someplace else. This is a Negative -5 stars on this, a SCAM!

I have contacted the company for further comment but have not receive a reply.

This review was modified by kfishead on May 06 2011 01:55:56 PM

2011-03-05

"BE WARNED!!
Wanted a Nikon D7000 body and was all but complete with the order on their site and for some reason, decided to order on the phone. Chris, the salesman, was misrepresenting the included battery and really pushed me to order an additonal battery ($149 extra) and then made up a story about memory cards and again really pushed for a new SD card ($200). I rejected both and then he told me of the $100 shipping and insurance charge (site shows free shipping). That is when I had enough and changed my mind and concluded the order on the web.
I get an email stating that I must confirm my order, did not order any additonal items and was told the camera would be shipped in 2 days. For three weeks kept getting the same story that a shipment would be in teh next day. After 8 phone calls, someone finally stepped up and suggested that I go elsewhere. I guess if I ordered more of the overpriced trash that they pushed, I would have a camera.

2011-02-21

"ok experience, good price slow delivery "

This review was modified by divinechef on February 27 2011 10:18:26 AM

2011-02-21

"My experience was like many others. I bought a very expensive camcorder for my son. Got a message to call and they tried to sell me the longer hour battery, plus this one did not come with a lens. I bought the lens, which meant the price was still better than competitors. Then I get a billing notice from my credit card co to find out that we were overcharges by another $99. Called them to ask about it and they said it was for "insurance" that they put on all of their orders. Never said a thing to me about that. I am turning this over to my credit card company to deal with. My recomendation: AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!"

2011-02-18

"I am returning all that was sent for a full refund."

This review was modified by makkay on February 21 2011 03:26:26 PM

2011-01-22

"Dont buy from these robbers.
Like an idiot I paid 300.00 extra for a battery and charger that comes with the body for a Nikon D90.
Trust me they will cheat you

Share Photo Video Superstore's store rating

Photo Video Superstore is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Photo Video Superstore is not a merchant member
Photo Video Superstore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!