Stores > Photo Vad
  • Photo Vad

Voice your opinion! Review Photo Vad by clicking a star below.
2011-01-23

"I fell for exactly the same bait and switch tactic as above for a Canon Speedlite. I disputed the charge with Visa and the charge has been reversed. Now Photovad is trying to get me to send the product back "with a full refund" at my expense. Oh, they so nicely agreed to waive the restocking fee! I will not pay one dime to send the cheap flash back. They are threatening me, but good luck with that! I will send the unit back when they send me $15 for postage! Don't let these cheaters win! if you fell for it, like I did, fight to make them lose so they eventually go out of business and can't cheat other people."

2011-01-07

"Don't buy from Photovad, they rip you off. Placed an order for a Canon 430 EX 11 flash. I received an e-mail that said I needed to call and confirm the order which I never heard of, nevertheless I called because it was a Christmas present for my son. I tried to contact Customer Service several times but never got an answer. The last time I called a person from Sales picked up, said Customer Service was closed but he would help me. Nick, what a nice guy! He proceeded to talk me out of the flash I ordered by saying it was an old flash and would not work with my son's newer camara, but he could upgrade for another $10.00 to a newer model. He also talked me into getting a charger because he said my son would need one. When I received the package I didn't pay attention to the brand I just checked to see that both products were enclosed then proceeded to wrap it. When my son opened it on Christmas day, he noticed immediately it was an off-brand (to use with a Canon camera). The same flash is on Amazon for $120.00 less. Haven't checked how much I got ripped off on the charger yet. This was definitely a bait and switch. Photovad probably doesn't even carry Canon products. And don't try calling, Customer Service never answers and after about 15 minutes your call is dropped. Can't get a return authorization.

Definitely reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. Save yourself a headache and money, don't buy from Photovad.

You can see why they are not an active participant at ResellerRatings.

Sue

2011-01-06

"Bait and Switch! These people suck you in with a cheap price and talk you into an "upgrade" different maker. My dad was buying me a flash for xmas, I wanted a canon 580 EX II and of course their website comes up with the cheapest price. However when he called and placed the order they talked him into a Sigma 530 DG Super...for $479!! Not saying there is anything wrong with the sigma flash. However it is a $180 flash not a $480 flash! Complete BS..."

2011-01-03

"They mislead my wife, lied to her and pulled a bait and switch. There web-site has good prices but you learn those are whole sale cameras not loaded for US use. Add $600 and you can get what you want. Tried to send it back and they make is so hard I gave up. Tried to exchange it for what they talked my wife out of and its not in stock after me worked out an exchange price. Spent an hour on the phone they kept putting me on hold (I'm sure they were waiting for me to hangup). WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER WORKED WITH. Save yourself the time and money and go some where else."

Share Photo Vad's store rating

Photo Vad is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Photo Vad is not a merchant member
Photo Vad does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!