Photo Dynasty / enterprisephoto.com, et al. Reviews - photodynasty.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.67/10 40 reviews

Photo Dynasty / enterprisephoto.com, et al. is not a merchant member
Photo Dynasty / enterprisephoto.com, et al. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Don't let the PRICE fool you!
I was so pleased to find a "deal" on a Canon DSLR, and ordered it immediately. I got the usual "confirmation call" to try and sell me tons of extra junk. I also got the same slick, "okay, that will ship in 6-8 weeks", and after some dickering about canceling the order, I called the company twice over the next 9 WEEKS LATER to finally have a verbal match in which I found out they "are no longer carrying that model." "DID YOU EVER PLAN ON TELLING ME THIS???" Anyway, after the rep refused to give me his supervisor, I told him to cancel the order, and he HUNG UP on me. I never knew what they did with this order (since they had my CC#), but my bank spontaneously sent me a new card a few months ago...

"Purchased a Canon Rebel XSi online and opted for 3-day delivery (an extra $30). Received an email requesting a call to "verify" my order. Called "Mark" at PhotoDynasty and it quickly became obvious this was to sell more components at very steep prices, but luckily I had figured the camera would come stripped and had already purchased the battery, battery charger, lens filters, etc... from a different vendor - so all I wanted was the camera. After I refuse any additional purchased, Mark tells me it'll be 6-8 weeks for this to be delivered. I finally ask if I can just cancel the order, he says "yes" and hangs up the phone! No confirmation of canceled order or anything - he literally hangs up on me. I've now moved on to attempt a purchase from Broadway Photo - I wish I had found this site before. Wish me luck on the Broadway experience."

"Terrible experience. I ordered the projector on 12/18- paid extra for 3 day shipping. 12/23 (when I was expecting delivery) I got an email from "Ken" at Photodynasty.com. Ken advised that I should call to confirm the order. When I called, Ken said that my projector was set to ship, but the order didn't include a BULB. He needed to know if wanted a bulb included for an additional $199. I told him I couldn't answer that question, I needed to review my order and see if there should have been a bulb included. Ken told me I could NOT call back- it had to be resolved NOW. I said I wouldn't do that. Ken said: You either authorize a bulb at $250, or cancel the order. I said what happened to the $199 bulb? Ken advised that the price went up. (This happened in about 10 seconds). I said "Cancel it!". Then I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Discover making sure these thieves didn't try to charge my card."

"I was shocked at the blatant bait and switch tactic used by this company. I placed an order online from this company for a projector because they had the best price by about 15%, and they advertised "All products brand new and include manufacturer warranty". After placing the order I received an email asking me to call in as part of their "verification process". The rep verified my cc info and stock availability, then asked me which warranty I wanted to purchase, 1-yr $149, 2-yr $199... When I asked about the manufacturer warranty, he said it did not come with one, and if it did they would have to raise the price, so I had to select which warranty I wanted to purchase. I said that was misleading and cancelled my order immediately."

"I searched online for a replacement lense for my canon rebel camara. I found it on Dynasty.com for $89.00 with a free lens cleaning kit. I needed the lense right away, so I had it shipped over night. The lense was shipped the same day and I did recieve it the next day. The lens that was shipped was not the lense that I ordered, but was in fact a better lense. The lens cleaning kit was not included, but as they gave me the better lens, I was not complaining.

While I had no problems with this company, it gives me food for thought when I read all of the comments from unsatisfied people who have had dealings with this company. Because of what I have read, I will look else where for any further camera needs.

"I purchased cameras and lenses for what appeared to be an excellent price on to find them involved in a bate and switch scam. After negotiating a reasonable price for the items I wanted I made my purchase conditional on overnight delivery. They failded to satisfy the delivery condition then saw fit to charge me $400.00 more than the agreed to stated price. They promissed to send me an E-Mail confirmation of my order which I have yet to receive some 5 days later. I cancelled my order Saturday evening after it became evident they weren't going to deliver as was the precondition for the sale. On Sunday I restated my cancellation by E-Mail to their addresses. Monday after reading the cancellation notice they elected to ship my purchase which I have since returned. They do not act in good faith by any streach of the immagination. I would NEVER deal with them again and don't encourage any one else to deal with them. The state of New York seems to tollerate their practices which doesn't speak well for them either. My advice is pay a little more and deal with a reputable company. All my attempts to contact them resulted in being put on hold forever. No one ever did answer my calls except their automatic answering machine."

"This company is a bunch of crap!!!... I only wish i had known before i ordered my camera. I originaly ordered my Nikon D80 on September 14th 2008. I did it online and did not realize i had to call and confirm my order by phone because it says nothing about doing so on the site. I had ordered the 3 day shipping for an extra price which turned out to be completely pointless. On September 17th i called back and confirmed my order and was informed that the Battery was not included. I told them to send me the camera without the Battery. They however had other plans for me. My camera did not arive in the time it should have. I called again on September 22nd and my order had not even been shipped STILL!!!!!! And i was informed then that the lens that came with the camera were in fact plastic and not glass.. Once again this was info they convienantly left off the web site. My order was FINALLY confirmed and sent after the guy promised to send me the 2 glass lenses for $99.00 a piece. He also promised to send it 3 day delivery for free after i had already paid for it. the guy i talked to also promised me an upgraded memory card free of charge. I finally got my camera on September 26th. 12 days after i placed original order. Along with the camera came a bill for $400.00 more then what my original order should of been. There was absolutely no price break down for the equipment, so i cant even tell if i was charged for the memory card or the shipping that i was promised. The camera did come with a battery and charger, but i had declined even getting them. To call this company is a JOKE!!!!.. You will be put on hold for greater then 10 mins. When you finally get a real person, the left hand dosent have a clue what the right hand is doing and they will transfer you again leaveing you on hold even longer. I will NEVER buy from this company again!!! And will never refer anyone to them... The most hilariouse thing to me is this company's hold message. It states over and over how the value there customers and they do everything to make them happy.. What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I was eager to buy a Sony camcorder DHR-S12 and this was the first company I tried. I was firstly told that it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery because it was a pre-order. I called to check my order status in end-Aug and was told that it would be available on 9/25. I called on 9/20 for the availability, I was told that that product was not available and there was no date for me. I was very upset because they did not inform me the status of my order and kept me waiting for months. The only time they call me was to try to push me to buy battery and other accessories for this camcorder. I afterwards turned to few other stores for buying this camcorder and I realized that they basically belonged to the same company with MANY different toll free numbers and different store names in New York. I am glad that after 3 months, I found this website to alert people. If you see an order confirmaiton with many details undisplayable (it was not because of pop-up blocking but was created deliberately in such a way to trick buyers) such as no order quantity and amount, it is the first sign."

modified review This review was modified by ANNIE B on October 02 2008 12:51:27 PM

"Thank you resellerratings.com! You confirmed my suspicions with PhotoDynasty.com.

I placed an order on June 29th for Sony's new HDR-SR12 camcorder. As of today, Aug. 13th, I had not received the camera or any emails from this shady seller. I just got off two 30min plus calls trying to cancel this order. I am still awaiting an email confirmation of the cancelation.

I chose to purchase from this site purely because of the price. Sony's MSRP price on this camera is $1,399; Photo Dynasty had it for $575. It is definitely a "too good to be true" scenario. I've called PhotoDynasty a few times, when I had the patience and time, to check the status of the order. I was repeatedly told it was on a "3-5 week backorder". They were unable to give any more details. So, I tried to stay patient and merely thought that this was a brand new camera and was in extremely high demand. Although this may be true, after the first 3 week waiting period and the extremely unprofessional customer service, I started getting suspicious. Last week I decided to do some additional research on this reseller, and after seeing the disgraceful rating (.38 out of 10) and after reading the reviews, I immediately decided to cancel the order with this ridiculous company and order from a more reputable business. I am willing to pay several hundred dollars more to a legit reseller, than dealing with people like this.

Just a few more details on their customer service and sales department: If you call either department and tell them you want to change or cancel your order, be prepared to be hung-up on. Also, after ordering, a salesperson will call you to "verify the order", when in reality they are only trying to upsell you. In fact, I was told that I would need to purchase a battery for the camera, because the one that was included "did not work". Also, the salesman took it upon himself to add a warranty to the camera without asking (increasing the price from $575 to over $1,000). Luckily, I caught this and had to call back telling them to ship me what I originally ordered. Just this morning, when calling to cancel, I asked the customer service lady to stay on the phone with me until I received the email cancel notification. She said she could not do that, so I politely asked to speak to her supervisor. She said, she would transfer me and immediately I heard a click closely followed by a dial tone.

I’ve worked in telephone sales and customer service for years and these people are the worst I’ve dealt with or heard of. Something needs to be done about the ranking in their “Google search”. If you enter any camcorder manufacturer or model number into Google, these people and their other “alias companies” are always the first to be listed because of their extremely low price. I’ve read too many horror stories about this company (credit cards being charged for non-purchased items, bad customer service, and overall horrible business) to have any respect or positive responses for this sorry excuse for a reseller. Do not shop here!

"Ordered a Sony HDR-SR11 after site said it was in-stock. After being told it would be in in four weeks, I called back and was told it would be another four weeks. I then asked for my order to be cancelled. "Ken" told me it would be cancelled and said he would email me cancellation confirmation. "Ken" can be reached at 888-313-7468. ext 283. After calling today since I still have NOT received confirmation of cancellation, I was told I was speaking to "Ken" who said he would not send me confimraiton of cancellation. I then asked what his last name was so when I call the BBB I can accurately report the incident. He then said he is "Jason". This place is a joke, rude, and the most unprofessional organization around. You'd be better off paying full price else where then giving these yahoo's your credit card info. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!"

"What a miserable experience! Even returning a camera to a place that offers no return address (nor itemized details in the confirmation email) was an ordeal. Just don't do it. They make their money off the 10% restocking fees, or from people who get too tired to pursue getting their money back."

"Nikon Camera was grey market so no usable warranty. Upgrades to the package were additional fees that were not actually upgrades (e.g. $100 to upgrade the lens to a lens worth approx $110). Bait and switch tactics, such as charging $250 for a battery pack that is part of the standard boxed product. Supplied software for the product was Japanese.
Refused to answer any emails though they acknowledged getting them. Emails stated (on the advice of my attorney) that the correspondence must be made in writing and not via phone converstations.
Refused to send an RMA #.

"These guys are bozos - just like those from Sonic Cameras. Let's DO SOMETHING! I have requested the Sonic Camera Customers to email me and permit me to send their complaints to our congressmen. I ask you the same. Send me emails of your "success" with these scammers and I will include it in my letter to my congressman. My name is Fletcher Spears and I am in Michigan. My email address is fspears@comcast.net. We NO LONGER have to put up with this crap!"

"I ordered a Canon EOS 40D over the internet in the early hours of July 2. Later in the morning I received a phone call from Chad (salesperson) with a serious effort to upsell the package I ordered with much higher-priced lenses, overpriced battery packs (2 batteries and charger for over $200) and on and on. I did not change my order even after he pursued various avenues to convince me of the value of these high-priced additions.

Having received nothing in the mail by July 10 I called Customer Service. After waiting well over 20 minutes listening to their loud and obnoxious messages and music I finally had an answer. The person would not identify himself until I pursued a name a few times. He indicated his name was Shawn.

I asked about where my camera was. He indicated it was back ordered. I asked why no one advised me of such. Not answering, he indicated that the camera body I ordered was plastic (when ordering, their website gave no indication of such) and that it needed to be upgraded to the metal body to give me good photos. With seriously inflated prices he tried to upsell me with the metal-body version, better lenses, different specials and on and on. What a sales job! In the end I indicated I wanted to cancel my order. He continued to try to make a sale. After several additional attempts, he finally provided me with a confirmation number for my cancellation.

This is an unscrupulous group of bandits. Never do business here.

"PLEASE HELP...I AM A VICTIM OF PHOTO DYNASTY .I BOUGHT 6000 DOLLARS OF EQUIPMENT AND THEY SENT ME 2500 DOLLARS WORTH, THEY SWITCHED EVERYTHING ON ME .THEY SENT ME PLASTIC CRAP. THEY SENT ME A 2X THAT MY COST 50 DOLLARS I WANTED A CENTURY 2X THAT IS 1200 DOLLARS. ANYWAYS I`VE TRIED TO WORK THIS OUT WITH THEM,THEY SAY DONT WORRY WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU .I`VE CALLED THEM ABOUT 20 TIMES.THEY LISTEN TO ME THEY ACT VERY NICE AND THEN THEY PUT ME ON HOLD, AND THEN YOU GET DISCONNECTED .I`VE BEEN ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS TOTAL. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN MEXICO AND THE CALLS ARE NOT CHEEP.I`VE LEFT MY CALL BACK NUMBER MANY TIMES AND ONLY ONCE DID THEY CALL ME. SOME GUY NAMED BILL OR NATE THEY SOUND THE SAME.THEY WANTED TO GIVE ME A AUTHORIZATION NUMBER TO SEND BACK THE EQUIPMENT AND ALSO TELL ME I WILL LOSE 1750 DOLLARS FOR RESTOCKING FEES AND A WARRANTY THEY WILL NOT TAKE BACK .THEN THEY TELL ME THEY WILL GIVE ME 1000 DOLLARS BACK BUT I HAVE 2 MINUTES TO DECIDE, THEY WERE SERIOUS. ANY WAY I`M GOING TO LOOK FOR LEGAL HELP IN BROOKLYN ,NEW YORK VIA INTERNET. IF I HAVE TO, I CAN GO TO NEW YORK.THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET A WAY WITH THIS IT`S JUST PLANE THEIVERY. IF THERES ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE WHO HAS BEEM DONE WRONG BY PHOTO DYNASTY PLEASE LET`S COMMUNICATE . SO WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND FILE ACTIONS AGAINST THEM . PLEASE CONTACT ME ..mike levy.....AT........papasurf4@hotmail.com......... please help.. if theres a lawyer out there who wants to help please e-mail me"