• Rating 9.17/10 6 reviews

PhotoPost.com is not a merchant member
    PhotoPost.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • PhotoPost.com contact information

"I've had Photopost on my site for a number of years and in that time the site has been moved several times to different hosts and servers.

Along the way, bit by bit, the software stopped working. I contacted Photopost a couple of years ago just wanting to be told how much to pay for them to upgrade and fix it... the cash was waiting!!

I just got a terse email back telling me to go and purchase the upgrade. Problem was, I really wasn't sure of all the various things on their site what precisely I was required to purchase... I wanted some helpful advice... not to be snapped at.

So I left it, and gradually, over time, more bits gave up the ghost till my treasured albums worked no more.

So, I visited Photopost.com again recently, determined this time I would persevere and do whatever it took to buy their services.... that's how much I like Photopost (I wonder how many people have given up?)

I sent an email and got one back telling me to buy access to the members area. Sorry, but that's just WEIRD. This is the ONLY thing I've ever bought where before I could buy it, I'm told to buy access to a members area!! It's not that I mind, it's just that it's an odd way to sell something. Must put scores of people off.

Anyway, I did it. Then I wasn't sure whether I had to pay the $49 for an upgrade or the $59 for a new installation. I was too scared to ask, so I went for the $59 option though as I already have a Photopost, I suspect I really only needed to buy the $49 upgrade. I'll never know.

Duly then faxed all the necessary authorisations etc, and pretty soon, visited my albums and found they'd been upgraded.

Excellent, though sadly, although now they functioned to some extent, they were still not working. Basic things didn't function. Couldn't upload pix, various buttons and icons missing etc.

During email exchanges, I learnt that things needed doing to my server to make the albums work, so I got those done. (Well it was one thing really... php safe mode needed switching off, probably the problem all along.)

There's a happy ending. Everything works now except emailing all my members. Don't know why that's not working, guess I'll just have to live with it. But the albums are looking good and working well.

So what's my conclusion.

1. Very happy with an excellent product.
2. Emails are replied to VERY promptly .. great to know someone's there.
3. To be honest, when you pay good money to have something installed, they should do it properly to begin with and CHECK it works!!! Check its fully installed, check at least all the basic functions function. If they don't because of problems on your server, they should email to say "Upgrade installed, but x,y,z not working yet as there are issues on your server you need to get resolved." I'm sure they could write a little script to create an account, test upload a picture, test post a comment, report back if things don't work, delete account.

Instead, I felt like a right nuisance keep on emailing to point out bits that weren't working.

Would I recommend it ... yes, totally, it's brilliant.

However, the chap at Photopost is obviously a very busy man, and doesn't want to waste good time and keyboard characters making you feel loved and wanted as a customer. There's no hint of "have a nice day" "thanks for your custom" or "no, don't worry, I don't think you're stupid, you're not an expert, that's what we're here for".

(I sent him an email thanking him for getting it all working. A reply saying "it's a pleasure, let us know if you have any further problems" might have been nice........ or even any reply at all!)

He does however, reply very quickly to emails and resolve the issues, and he invented an excellent product, which is the most important thing of all.

* * *
PS It's also worth mentioning that despite years of accumulating problems due to server moves, not one item in my extensive albums has been lost. Everything is fine, which is pretty impressive.

modified review This review was modified by JRHUK on February 02 2011 05:45:33 PM

"Thanks for a great program that works great! Very simple and do almost anything with the system with ease."

"Photo-Post is number one photo sharing sites.best photo gallery has led you to the most feature rich, best performing, and most widely used gallery available today. "

spacecoast's Avatar
Central Florida

"This business operates in complete integrity, honesty and full support of its customers. I own 2 products from them, and am considering a third. The owner / support guru is an extremely nice guy - while very to the point about any issues and fixes that may or may not need attended to. I highly recommend these folks, and have referred quite a few of my webmaster and developer buddies to him. It's hard to find quality and integrity these days, but PhotoPost.com has 110% of it.

Mr. Mark E Taborn
Florida Freemason Network

"I have recently purchased PhotoPost Pro, to go along with my PhotoPost Classifieds and PhotoPost Reviews scripts previously purchased. If your vBulletin site has a need for these types of scripts, getting them from a long term single source makes sense. Installation, management and support are all almost identical so there is a lower learning curve. The support forum is manned by Chuck who is very responsive. These scripts have active development behind them and thus far I have received an answer to every question I have asked. The scripts themselves integrate and work great with my vBulletin 4.0.2 Full CMS Suite site. It I had to point out flaws, these would be areas to further develop:

1) Tighter integration with the CMS widget system and other parts of vBulletin, like appearing on the What’s New? Button search and ability to add a tab for each script on the vB header section. As it is, additional hacks are needed to fully integrate the product.

2) Documentation is a bit behind. With the limited team I understand more focus is being put on development than docs right now, but a number of admin features are trial and error to figure out what they do, some do nothing (and as stated in forum posts are left over from legacy features). If you ask on the forum you usually have an answer the same day, but it would be great if there was a PDF to explain it, or inline help.

3) More features leads to more complexity. This script has so many features you can enable that is looks too busy for many of my less technical users. I actually had to turn many of the features off. This is not really a flaw, just something to be aware of based on your user population.

The flaws obviously are not enough to get me to stay away, as I just purchased the third script and have maintained support of the first two since I purchased them. I would recommend these scripts to anyone over anything similar in the vB.org forums – those simply do not compare.

"We've been using Photopost for many years now. Orders are always promptly filled, the software works great and our members love it. Intuitive and powerful, a must have for any major forum."