Stores > Pets Warehouse

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Pets Warehouse by clicking a star below.
2017-10-12

Order from H...

"Email recipient was very nasty. Will never order again!"

2017-06-19

If it's not right, you will pay.

"I bought a bow front hood for my fish tank.

It didn't fit. They want to charge me a 20% restocking fee AND make me pay for return shipping.

So basically, I get very little of the purchase price back because the product wasn't what I needed.

Buyer beware. If you aren't 100% positive in what you buy, you may be eating the money for a product that didn't work.

This would never happen with brick and mortar stores.

Last time I will shop with Pets Warehouse.

MN
2017-05-23

No problem they have everything I need

"I guess you can't believe everything on the Internet, I order from them several times they have what others don't ship orders fine.

I emailed a question had an answer in few hours.

My experience was different than others report here

2017-05-08

Sickness&tears

"Me and my husband were incredibly excited to pick out our first puppy together, we have owned a young pup that we rescued but we had never bought a puppy from a pet store. We walked in looking for a Great Dane puppy, we love big dogs and we're very excited to get a puppy and go through the whole experience of life. When we bought the puppy my husband financed and we spent 1,100 on a gray puppy named Moose. They told us he had a tiny runny nose when we bought him but said they had a vet there and it was nothing serious. We loved Moose, he was incredibly laid back and gentle. One morning(four days after purchase) we woke up to a hacking noise, Moose had vomited all over our bed and continued to dry heave throughout the night. We were scared. He was not eating at all and had pooped everywhere. The next day we made an appointment to get him to the vet and we brought in a **** sample. The dog had worms! And they think the dog had pneumonia. Basically they told us the dog had had this the whole time at pet warehouse and that it was sold to us regardless. So basically we paid what we could at the vets and returned our dog in anger and tears. Moose was told he would not make it past the night. His breathing was labored and when I carried him into the store wrapped in my husbands hoodie the workers immediately snatched him from my hands. They were incredibly rude as well. Even when we were crying. I am truly disappointed with the horrible place. I would recommend never buying a dog from there. They claim they have "vets" but they can't even catch pneumonia? Or worms? They sold him to us already very sick and they knew that. "

2017-04-25

Refused to Issue a Refund Because I Left a Negative Yelp Review

"Ordered an item from Pets Warehouse on 4/12/17 and received the item on 4/24/17. The item was not as expected so I reached out to the company with my concerns the day I received the item. Was met with the rudest and worst customer service I have ever experienced, which prompted me to write a negative, but honest, review on Yelp. As it was clear I was not going to resolve this issue with Pets Warehouse, I agreed to return the item, pay for return shipping as well as the 20% restock fee. My return was delivered to the warehouse on 4/28/17, receipt of return was confirmed by Pets Warehouse on 4/30/17. As of 5/18/17, I had still not received my return to my credit card. I reached out to the company on 5/18/17 to inquire on the status of my return and this was verbatim the company’s response: “did you remove your trash talk?” – as in my negative Yelp review. There was never any agreement that I would remove my Yelp review, in fact, the company asked me to remove my review on 4/30/17 and I said “no I will not remove my Yelp review” and explained that this was the worst customer service experience I ever had and wanted others to know about it (side note – the Consumer Review Fairness Act of 2016 prevents businesses from penalizing individuals who write reviews on companies, so Pets Warehouse has no grounds to create some type of agreement that I need to remove my review or refuse to issue my refund because I left a negative review). I ended up having to file charge back with my credit card company to get my refund. For those who aren’t familiar with charge backs (I wasn’t), they allow the bank to seize the refund from the company, as opposed to the banks providing provisional credit from their own funds, in instances where the company partakes in unethical business practices such as Pets Warehouse did by refusing to issue a refund because I left a negative review. The more charge back requests a company collects, it will have a negative impact on the business as each charge back is recorded to credit card companies and banks and oftentimes businesses are charged a fee when charge backs are issued. I’m still in disbelief with this whole situation. Pets Warehouse should be ashamed of themselves for employing these unethical and disgusting business practices – all over less than $15. Please, if this same experience happens to you with this company report it to the Better Business Bureau and the Suffolk County Attorney General Office’s Bureau of Consumer Frauds and Protection because even if they can’t get you a refund, it’s good to have a record of this happening. And know that you can request a charge back from your credit card company or bank to get your refund back. "

2017-03-30

Unbelievable

" Still haven't received my product and I probably never will as the customer service is practically nonexistent. And if, god forbid, you do connect the reply will likely be breathtakingly rude. I was cursed at and told that I am "Fired", whatever that means. Pretty sure it means these crooks will be keeping the product and my money. Caveat Emptor"

2017-03-15

Worth Negative Star Review

"We ordered an item from this business as a fellow aquarium business as we were trying to track down a part that not even our distributors could get at the time. Item showed in stock but yet it was not and would take a week plus to get. We had good communication up until we requested a cancellation than it was crickets, so we sent a second response indicating we will file a chargeback on this item as we have requested twice for a refund (knowing that their are numerous online sites that hold your money hostage when it comes to cancellations). When we awoke to our email response the next day with the vulgar language and pure hostile attitude of "Do not ever buy from them again when we need help". We are not one to write reviews as being in the same trade as them we know there are always two sides of a story, but these reviews you read about this company are absolutely true! They are a disgrace to this industry and ruining the business for other online companies because consumers lose faith in other small online business due to concern of this kind of business and attitude."

2016-11-01

Aggressive attitude, out of stock items

"I ordered some infrared bulbs, they were the only store that let me order them, many other stores were out of stock.
I get an out of stock email, I write back to complain that the website should not have let me order the item if not in stock, "Jack" replies:
"I'll refund your order then not going out of our way to keep you as customer when you don't appeciate"

Spend your money elsewhere.

2016-09-01

DO NOT BUY WITH THEM !!!!

"I have ordered 5 Aquarium plants with them and they do not have 2 of them and they have subbed with some thing else after checking with me , but the plants were not that great at all.. total disappointment of $25 on them "

2016-08-10

Not sure how they're still in business.

"Ordered two litter boxes after competitive shopping and found theirs to be the cheapest. Paid for 2 day shipping and never received my product. Sent numerous emails with no response and finally found a phone number. The customer service person was rude, told me my order was never placed even though they took my money and said the person I needed to speak to was out and would return my call...nothing. Filed a grievance with my credit card and had my money credited back. Do not order anything from them!! "

2016-07-22

Worst place to buy online!

"This place doesn't even have what they advertise. When you place your order they then order it from someone else. This process takes a long time! After 10 days I had to let them know I didn't get a tracking # or any shipping details. They then told me the order they placed didn't show up. I requested a refund. Thanks for nothing Pets Warehouse! "

2014-12-08

"Totally agree - do not do business with them, not responsive. I ordered something on line, sent emails with no response , called the store, was told the guy in charge of internet orders would be right with me, 8 minutes later I was told he was with the boss. I asked for a call back, never got one, when I called back he was gone for the day , now their revenue is gone. Ill order from a reputable place."

2010-03-08

"Placed order on 2/16. Had to follow up via email 3 days later just to find out the item was on back order.

I sent 2 more emails for status and the response was "Its hard to say with these items. However, I will be keeping my eye on it. Its completly up to you if you wish to wait or not."

Following that last response, I sent an email requesting the order be cancelled and it was the fastest response to date (30 minutes). I was told i would recieve a refund in 24 hours. This did not happen. I had to open a complaint with PayPal in order to recieved the refund.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PLACE!

2010-02-25

"Ordered 2nd day on a Sunday, so I expected it would be shipped Monday and arrive Wednesday. Nothing came. Emailed then and no response 17 hours later. I called them and they said that they shipped it out Tuesday. When I asked about the shipping delay on a prioirity shipping order, they said they reserve the right for processing time. They then provided me with an invalid tracking number. Suprisingly, shortly after that, they sent me an email with the proper tracking number and looks like it will arrive today. Not 2nd day which I am still paying for, but at least I am getting it this week unlike some of the other horror stories I am reading here. I would definately take my business elsewhere next time."

2009-05-26

"Took three, possibly four months to receive order. Only after I contacted them did they acknowledge that the item was in backorder, and then when they asked over email if they could make substitutes, they did not acknowledge my return emails, and I had to call them instead. When the order finally arrived, it was packed poorly with the items rolling around the nearly empty box. Would not do business with again."

Share Pets Warehouse's store rating

Pets Warehouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Pets Warehouse is not a merchant member
Pets Warehouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!