Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"We ordered 6 diffents itemsin one time last week,the delivery was scheduled for monday following week,the boxes came in 2 different delivery in two different days and with missed stuff,SURELY i do not order anymore else from PETCO.COM.
UNTRUSTABLE AND UNPRECISE

"We bought two saltwater fish and some coral for our 125 gallon tank that we have had going for 8 years. The two fish that we bought contaminated are fish tank the 2 fish that we bought died first then killed are other fish and then killed are coral out a lot of money."

modified review This review was modified by saltwatergonebad on March 22 2014 10:53:39 AM

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED
I ordered 2 fish tanks on PETCO.COM and My order could not be processed and keep saying "PAYMENT NOT APLPICABLE" while there is nothing wrong with my bank account. I did placed an order one more time and petco.com keeps rejecting my order with the reason that items are out of stocks or backordered. That reason does NOT make any senses to me since that items I want to order still AVAILABLE on the website. So does PETCO still want to sell products to customers or just put products on there and say NO with all of customers's orders?

modified review This review was modified by SammieTr on March 01 2014 09:39:22 PM

"I went in to get my dogs nails cut. Since I have never been to petco for grooming services they needed proof of my dogs rabies vaccine. Which I have never heard of anyone else requiring this (I usually go to different vets or to petsmart to get my dogs nails cut). I had in my wallet my dogs ID cards which consists of a card with his picture on it from his normal vet for his microchip information... And I had a card from his vet with all of his vaccinations on it, but the card was one year old (I never received an updated card the previous year) ofcourse that wasn't good enough for them so I asked if they could call my vet and confirm he got it last year (even tho I'm telling them he did and even know the exact day!) she called and said they closed 15 mins ago. I then confirmed that all they needed was to hear from my dogs vet for verbal confirmation and she said yes... So I called the vets cell phone and she remembered me (my dog has back issues and we have become very close to the vet!) vet told the lady at petco that I DID get all the vaccines last year and my dog is current. Now petco says that's not good enough and I needed something faxed. It was the absolute WORST experience I have EVER had. I talked to three people (two managers) total and each of the girls where extremely rude. I gave them EVERYTHING they asked for! I will NEVER step foot back in a petco for any needs, and if I hear anyone going there I will make SURE to tell them my experience and tell them how bad I was treated and highly suggest they go elsewhere. I plan to voice my anger in every place possible and on as many blogs and websites as I can to reach the most amount of people. "

modified review This review was modified by BrayBray929 on February 01 2014 06:27:40 PM

"We ordered a crate for our dog and expected it within a couple of weeks. As time went on, and on, we phoned petco.com, only to be connected with someone we could not understand. We asked for a supervisor and was told the item was not available and the order had been cancelled. We are still waiting to get a refund. Very poor customer service. We do shop in store but will never again order from petco.com on line. "

modified review This review was modified by Diane1126 on December 21 2013 07:03:04 AM

"I ordered a K & H Kitty Sill Bolster Deluxe Cat Window Perch on a one day online sale (30% off sale) .
Item was shipped/delivered in terrible condition (damaged) with the box had been re-taped shut (at some point) and the retail box was thrashed and looked like a bad store return . I returned the item instore asking for replacement vs a refund . I was told that it was not possible and that I'd have to RE-order the unit online again at current/full price ( as this item was not sold in/at the local store(s) ). I said ok please give me a full refund including the $5.99 shipping charge ; since the condition of the unit was not my fault. The CSR said I could receive a refund on the unit only but not on the shipping. I tried again nicely to get my shipping refunded , but again was told no .
I shop Petco locally (when they have a good sale) , but this was my first online "shipped" item and it will be my last ; and probably my LAST Petco purchase ....period .
If a company can not take responsibility for shipping damaged and/or sell pre-opened/used items that were sold as new and will not ship a replacement or give a FULL refund ; then I have NO reason to continue shopping at their establishment .

modified review This review was modified by stereo5555 on November 18 2013 02:20:10 PM

"Never order from Petco.com. They are liars and scammers of the first rate. Ordered several items that were all in stock for shipping next business day. Four days later the items still haven't shipped and no one can tell me when they are going to ship. All they can tell me try back tomorrow, try back tomorrow. One person said I would receive an update by the end of the day. That was a lie and never happened. Everything they do is pass the buck off to the next poor sap. For the size of this company, I am in disbelief that their logistics are so horrible. Oh and even though my order still hasn't shipped or been charged it can't be cancelled. So I am in this never ending state of limbo waiting on them. What a bunch of crap!

I will never step foot in another Petco or order online from them again. I hope they go bankrupt. If you have problems with them, please take a few minutes and file a complaint with your states Attorney General, that's where I'm headed next.

Update - One week later, and the order still hasn't shipped, bear in mind their website said all of these items were in stock. A tracking number was generated and I was charged. They also told me they would upgrade shipping to get it here faster. Another lie! It is listed as standard shipping so even if it goes out today it will will be another week before it arrives. I have since had to buy the products elsewhere. What a disaster....

modified review This review was modified by jp2600 on August 22 2013 09:52:18 AM

"I recently bought a twin tailed Betta from your store and I explicitly asked an employee if it could be kept in a community tank with other non-aggressive fish and he replied yes. Seeing the Betta swim in the store tank with 10 other guppies, I decided to believe him. I have been keeping a healthy community tank for about a year. Shortly after introducing the Betta to my tank, it had it's back fin torn. I isolated it for treatment immediately but it still died.
The Betta must have carried some sort of disease because soon afterwards, one of my platy fish died, as well as all three neon tetras. A day later my cory catfish died and my lyre-tail guppy is about to. Nearly my entire fish tank has been killed off. This has been an extremely depressing experience for me as I really enjoyed keeping fish. I am beyond disappointed with Petco and will NEVER be visiting their store again. Not only have I wasted time and money on their fish, I have been completely disheartened waking up each morning and seeing another dead fish stuck to the filter.
I strongly advise you to NEVER buy their products.

- Just another irate customer

modified review This review was modified by angrycustomer90 on July 12 2013 07:31:53 PM

"After placing an order for an item on sale, Petco decided the deal was TOO good and cancled it, saying I could re place the order at the higher price. This order was for a gift i promised someone, now I cant afford to get it. Thanks Petco, you lost a loyal customer and ill be sure to tell everyone at my work, my family never to buy from your company again. "

modified review This review was modified by tmask2 on June 24 2013 12:04:42 PM

"Have to throw in my one star review with all the others on here. I have never had such a poor experience ordering online. The litter boxes I ordered were never in stock, but no one told me that, either via the website or during two online chats with customer service. The tracking information provided to me was not correct, showing a UPS label had been created, when they actually would have had to use USPS since I have a PO Box. The chat reps told me it had been shipped USPS, so I was driving daily to the post office to check for the package. When it hadn't arrived after 11 days, I finally called on the phone, and was told they were still waiting for the item to arrive in their warehouse (!!!). I asked them to cancel the item, and to refund my credit card if it had already been charged. When I received my credit card bill, there was the charge, glaring at me. No credit. So I checked the website and it showed my order was still active, not cancelled. I had already ordered the item from somewhere else by this time. Called again to customer service, got another rep that seemed more helpful, but it is taking a long time on the phone just to cancel an order (on hold as I type this). Will not be satisfied until I see that credit on my Visa statement. Then I'll be able to calmly reflect on these many minutes of my life wasted on a failed attempt to buy new places for my cat to go poop. "

modified review This review was modified by funkypuppet on May 01 2013 06:59:20 AM

"I ordered my cat Science Diet from here many times and the quality always seems to be good. It is a nice place with friendly customer service. I will shop here again."

"Terrible experience. Tried to shop Black Friday sales on petco.com, and site was slow. Could not check out. Finally was able to check out and my item was out of stock. Selected to be emailed when item available. Received email on my phone that the item was back in stock and immediately ordered, within 30 minutes of the email arrival. Paid using PayPal for the item, funds were withdrawn, and yet item back ordered again, spoke with a rep, who said it should be in soon, and arrive before Christmas. Writing this review 2 days before Christmas. Don't have the item and Paypal funds are gone to petco, have cancelled & requested refund. Very disappointed all around and will not use petco in the future. The phone representatives were pleasant and professional but the bottom line is I never got my order, which I paid for."

"So I ordered this product late Thursday night when I discovered that my fish's tail was breaking in hopes of preventing him from getting fin rot, I drop $20 on next day shipping figuring it would be processed Friday and be here Saturday. But apparently next day shipping really means 3 day shipping. And because of the delay my fish ended up actually getting the fin rot I was trying to prevent. I could have saved my $20 at this point and just paid the $6 for normal shipping or even go out and get it if I knew the service and shipping would be this horrible. And when I tried to confront them about this problem with shipping they all but in words told me to just deal with it though I paid for next day and it certainly wasn't next day.

So if paying $20 for next day shipping and getting it 3 days later wasn't enough when I finally did get the package and opened it I found the box for the filter beaten up and damaged. I have yet to test the filter itself to see if its damaged but I can assure you I am never using either petco.com nor any petco service every again after all this.

"So far petco is one of the best for buying live fish and corals. rtust me on this. All other websites are ripoff."

"Very disappointed with Petco.com. Their website is not up-to-date when it comes to actual inventory. I ordered a bird cage which showed as available. I received an email the next day indicating that the cage was backordered. I received several update emails for about 4 weeks after I had ordered indicating that it was still on backorder and then received an email that the order had been cancelled. Their policy is to automatically cancel orders for items which have been on backorder for 21 days. Talking to a customer service agent and a customer service supervisor was not helpful. They will not reinstate the order because the item is no longer in stock, although it states that the cage will be back in stock on 6/25/2012. The only suggestion was to reorder when it comes back in stock but they would NOT guarantee that it will actually be available and shipped out even though the website may show it as back in stock again. Bad policy regarding automatic cancellation and lack of good customer support. "

Petco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Petco is not a merchant member
Petco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!