Stores > Petco
  • Petco

Product & services pricing Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Petco by clicking a star below.
2017-05-19

Big mistake, that I will NEVER make again

"Ordered from Petco.com instead of Amazon. Huge mistake. Items were to be delivered before arrival of adopted kitten. Trying to track package is an exercise in futility. They do not provide a link on email or website for tracking. After having to contact them to track my package from "unknown carrier", I learned it will not arrive until a week after ordering. They do not deserve 1 star. "

2017-05-06

In store advertising

"Went to our local Petco to purchase 2-75g aquariums for the $1 a gallon. We were told they didnt have any. Associate called other stores in the area, no one had any. Was given a rain check but they have never got any in. Will not even order them. Told they cannot get them, I say BS. Another Pet store that is 30 minutes away carry the same brand, At a higher price. So this excuse doesn't wash with me. "

2017-04-18

DEAD BABY HAMSTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I purchased a baby hamster 3 months ago for my niece for Christmas at the PETCO in VIRGINIA BEACH on princess anne road and today it is DEAD. WHY?!?! At this point my niece is so distraught. Crying herself to sleep, doesn't want to go to school. So I go up to the store to see if there is anything they can do for me. surprisingly the store associate who sold me the hamster was there, her name is Lyndsey and she is SOOO nice and helpful. I ask her about hibernation for hamsters because Sky(the hamster) wasn't stiff, not cold to the bone, etc. So she's checking her out with me trying to see if there's something we can do storewise, (New hamster/refund) and she calls another employee by the name of Rachel who is just rude. "Hamsters don't hibernate they're nocturnal." trying to argue back and fourth with us on hibernation. she confirms Sky is dead and that she will NOT give me another hamster for my niece. She goes and asks another guy by the name of MIKE. and she says he says No too because it's not in a 30 day period. She also tells me they get their hamsters from breeders, so there is no telling how long they will live for. So I asked Lyndsey for corporates phone number and I give them a call, and they tell me there is nothing CORPORATE can do, only the store. SO WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT OF CORPORATE OFFICES IF THEY CANNOT OVERRIDE STORE DECISIONS !?!?!?!?! point is... DO NOT BUY FROM PETCO, THERE IS NO TELLING WHO THESE ANIMALS CAME FROM WHERE THEY CAME FROM WHAT KIND OF ILLNESSES THEY HAVE HOW OLD THEY ARE AND WHEN THEY'RE BABIES AND DIE AND YOU'RE CHILDREN/NIECES/NEPHEWS ARE SO UPSET AND DESTRAUGHT THEY DON'T EVEN GIVE A ****!!!!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN SPARE A $14 DOLLAR **** HAMSTER TO MEND MY BABY'S HEART. **** YOU PETCO. I WILL NEVER BE SHOPPING HERE AGAIN !!

ps: I WILL BE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NOT SHOP HERE.
YOU HORRIBLE COMPANY.
PETSMART ALL DAY ****

2017-04-13

Adoption Glitch

" According to the store manager, the cats available could not be shown without the presence of the Humane Society director of Holmes County. I had just visited this establishment, met the owner, talked with her about the kittens and cats, and she informed me about her relationship to the store but at no time did she ever indicate how she must be present at the time of the adoption or while a cat or kitten was being examined or handled at the store in Wooster. I then called the corporate offices in San Diego and the main office in Texas where I attempted to talk to representatives who could not be understood so I kept asking for management on the situation. NO one was available during the middle of business hours and while attempting to return to the main menu, the program stated that the keys indicated were an incorrect selection.......I have heard many complaints about this business and I must say both of these issues would need to be rectified for a company to remain community centered and have a successful profit margin.

2016-12-08

Is it possible to give negative numbers in the ratings???

"I ordered a kennel for my dog and was told it would be shipped out right away it was in stock.
Then 5 days later still not shipping information on my item and Petco send me an e-mail stating we messed up!!
Please accept our apology our warehouse was going through some transition..really on cyber Monday???
They offered a 25% off upon for future orders. In show of good faith, why couldn't they have reimbursed me for the inconvenience of how long it was taking for me to get this item.
We are 11 days out and still no kennel

2016-11-27

This company ****

"I placed on order online on 11/26/2016. at 0814 on 11/27/2016 I received an email from petco stating the order was cancelled. On this email I saw all the items that I had ordered....but the prices listed on their cancellation email showed the full price on all the sale items I had ordered...

Does anyone know how to file a complaint against them on line with the BBB?

WHAT A BS COMPANY!

NEVER AGAIN!

2016-07-20

Worst customer service in the pet products industry!

"Petco is in the middle of a big mess right now because they issued a coupon code with an error and then cancelled all the orders where customers used it. Once contacted, they pretended they were unaware of the issue and then contacted us back to say they would not honor the coupon. They were given the opportunity to correct the issue and they chose not to . . . so, farewell to Petco. There are way too many pet supply companies that are good to their customers to waste time with one that is not! "

2016-05-30

Crazy Sale Item Policy

"I saw a water fountain advertised and decided to go get one. When I found the item in the store it was not marked as on sale. I took the item to the cashier and she said she would have to get a manager to explain how the sale works.
The long and short is that I could have the sale price, but I had to place an order for the item and have it shipped to the store. THEY HAD 5 ON THE SHELF. The manager said that I would have to pay the shipping charges that would exceed the normal price when added to the sale price of the item.
I told the manager that was a crazy policy and that I would not be back. He said great have a nice day and I left and will not be back.

2016-04-21

Who doesn't accept an original receipt for a return?

"Ordered a dog bed online, figuring it would be "easy" to return it to a local Unleashed store if it didn't fit. Well, the bed was too small for my dog. I printed out my original email receipt from the purchase and brought it and the bed with me to my local store. They refused to take it, telling me I needed to go back and print out a different return page, with a transaction number. Cashier said what I printed out didn't tell them how I had paid for the time. (The receipt clearly said I used PayPal, which is an option provided at checkout.) I had already brought the large and bulky item to the store. Had already printed out the original receipt that Petco had emailed to me. (I don't have my own printer, so it's not a trivial task.) I asked if I could pull up the info on my phone. No. I asked if they had a computer we could pull the info up on. No. I will NEVER order from Petco.com again. I will also never go back to the store (after I return this item and get my money back!)"

2016-04-08

Didn't receive my order in full

"Ordered a litter box with a lid and a bunch of other cat stuff on 4/4/16 to receive it by 4/10/16. Received thw items on 4/8/16 in a giant box that was all ripped up and the bottom of the litter box was missing. I called customer service and they offered to send another one in 3 to 6 business days. I said that won't work, I need it by 4/10. They said they can expedite it but can't get it to be any earlier than Tuesday. I had to be refunded and now I have to go out and buy a litter box. My problem is that I still have a problem. They weren't willing to resolve it."

2016-03-23

petco makes a mistake and you suffer

"I purchased an XXL dog crate online for my French Mastiff so that I could have it before the holiday weekend to go out of town. I never received tracking for the crate, then when it did show up it was a small. I sat on the line for over an hour trying to get this corrected. The person on the other end who barely spoke English told me she would get my card credited and the replacement sent out once the wrong size crate was picked. I thought this would be great but when I let her know I would hold on to the wrong crate until the corrected size arrived that's when everything became very confusing. After 30 minutes of explaining the situation to one woman, I had to wait an additional 30 minutes to speak with a manager. He wasn't very pleasant, kept speaking over me, and was not the least bit concerned with my frustration. I work in the service industry, I know how it works and I know they personally did not make the mistake but it would have just been nice as the customer to been taken care of a little better. I did not make the mistake, PETCO did, yet I had to deal with the hour long frustration. I am basically left waiting and hoping they get the correct crate out to me. "

2015-12-30

"I'm not sure what this company is doing with their online site and business but the timing of which to do an overhaul, around Christmas and Holiday time, has got to be the worst planned ever. If you are going to screw around with the functionality of your site, customer service, and shipment of items, please for the love of god don't do it around the peak shopping time of the whole year. Petco states that they are going though some kind of system wide overhaul and so far it has taken them the whole month of December. I have had problems ordering items because the size options are not showing up on the website, not receiving email confirmations or tracking for my order, not receiving paper receipts with my order, and their customer service is obviously outsourced to another country. On the topic of their customer service, wait time has been ridiculously long and the customer service people in general are painful to talk to because they seem to have a hard time understanding you or are all new to the job. This experience has been the worst I've ever had involving a large retail company."

2015-11-10

"Received the wrong order and that has never happened to me before. I order online all the time and when I called the lady who sounded like she was from another country was rude and not at all helpful or accommodating. I I will no longer do business here."

2015-11-04

"My experience with Petco is as such. I ordered two 30 lb. bags of Blue Buffalo online and then for some reason after receiving them I did a search online about this food. I noticed that there were a lot of complaints with dogs having stomach issues, even veterinarians were suggesting that this food may be the problem. I thought to myself that my dog is having these same issues so I went to return the food to my local Petco. Instead of Petco returning my money they gave me a Petco gift card. That would be fine but they didn't have the food that I wanted to try next such as Taste of the Wild. The only reason Petco gives you a gift card is to force you to keep your hard earned money in their store. I detest this action and wrote to their customer service where they were no help at all. In fact they kept getting what I was telling them wrong. Then after the third email I sent I never got a final resolution from them. I am done with Petco and I hope everyone who reads this understands that if you want your money back you will not get it. Down with this type of practice. I could see if it were over 30 days from purchase but this was the following day that I returned the dog food after receiving it. I guess I will have to buy $100 worth of dog chews now just to use the damn gift card. "

2015-11-03

"WAY Over Priced, uneducated staff, unfriendly service and they never know how to process the rewards programs, they do not respond to emails or complaints.. The grooming is just unspeakable. How irresponsible can one be - leaving a dog in the dryer? Allowing animals to die in cages? Having a dog escape out the back door and get killed?"

Share Petco's store rating

Petco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Petco is not a merchant member
Petco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!