Stores > Petco

• Petco

Product & services pricing Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10

2016-04-21

Who doesn't accept an original receipt for a return?

"Ordered a dog bed online, figuring it would be "easy" to return it to a local Unleashed store if it didn't fit. Well, the bed was too small for my dog. I printed out my original email receipt from the purchase and brought it and the bed with me to my local store. They refused to take it, telling me I needed to go back and print out a different return page, with a transaction number. Cashier said what I printed out didn't tell them how I had paid for the time. (The receipt clearly said I used PayPal, which is an option provided at checkout.) I had already brought the large and bulky item to the store. Had already printed out the original receipt that Petco had emailed to me. (I don't have my own printer, so it's not a trivial task.) I asked if I could pull up the info on my phone. No. I asked if they had a computer we could pull the info up on. No. I will NEVER order from Petco.com again. I will also never go back to the store (after I return this item and get my money back!)"

This review was modified by vilin on April 21 2016 04:37:51 PM

2016-04-08

Didn't receive my order in full

"Ordered a litter box with a lid and a bunch of other cat stuff on 4/4/16 to receive it by 4/10/16. Received thw items on 4/8/16 in a giant box that was all ripped up and the bottom of the litter box was missing. I called customer service and they offered to send another one in 3 to 6 business days. I said that won't work, I need it by 4/10. They said they can expedite it but can't get it to be any earlier than Tuesday. I had to be refunded and now I have to go out and buy a litter box. My problem is that I still have a problem. They weren't willing to resolve it."

2016-03-23

petco makes a mistake and you suffer

"I purchased an XXL dog crate online for my French Mastiff so that I could have it before the holiday weekend to go out of town. I never received tracking for the crate, then when it did show up it was a small. I sat on the line for over an hour trying to get this corrected. The person on the other end who barely spoke English told me she would get my card credited and the replacement sent out once the wrong size crate was picked. I thought this would be great but when I let her know I would hold on to the wrong crate until the corrected size arrived that's when everything became very confusing. After 30 minutes of explaining the situation to one woman, I had to wait an additional 30 minutes to speak with a manager. He wasn't very pleasant, kept speaking over me, and was not the least bit concerned with my frustration. I work in the service industry, I know how it works and I know they personally did not make the mistake but it would have just been nice as the customer to been taken care of a little better. I did not make the mistake, PETCO did, yet I had to deal with the hour long frustration. I am basically left waiting and hoping they get the correct crate out to me. "

This review was modified by GOOSEY16 on March 23 2016 01:07:15 PM

2015-12-30

"I'm not sure what this company is doing with their online site and business but the timing of which to do an overhaul, around Christmas and Holiday time, has got to be the worst planned ever. If you are going to screw around with the functionality of your site, customer service, and shipment of items, please for the love of god don't do it around the peak shopping time of the whole year. Petco states that they are going though some kind of system wide overhaul and so far it has taken them the whole month of December. I have had problems ordering items because the size options are not showing up on the website, not receiving email confirmations or tracking for my order, not receiving paper receipts with my order, and their customer service is obviously outsourced to another country. On the topic of their customer service, wait time has been ridiculously long and the customer service people in general are painful to talk to because they seem to have a hard time understanding you or are all new to the job. This experience has been the worst I've ever had involving a large retail company."

This review was modified by bombay229 on December 30 2015 07:58:47 PM

2015-11-10

"Received the wrong order and that has never happened to me before. I order online all the time and when I called the lady who sounded like she was from another country was rude and not at all helpful or accommodating. I I will no longer do business here."

This review was modified by elizabeth_guillen on November 12 2015 05:33:01 PM

2015-11-04

"My experience with Petco is as such. I ordered two 30 lb. bags of Blue Buffalo online and then for some reason after receiving them I did a search online about this food. I noticed that there were a lot of complaints with dogs having stomach issues, even veterinarians were suggesting that this food may be the problem. I thought to myself that my dog is having these same issues so I went to return the food to my local Petco. Instead of Petco returning my money they gave me a Petco gift card. That would be fine but they didn't have the food that I wanted to try next such as Taste of the Wild. The only reason Petco gives you a gift card is to force you to keep your hard earned money in their store. I detest this action and wrote to their customer service where they were no help at all. In fact they kept getting what I was telling them wrong. Then after the third email I sent I never got a final resolution from them. I am done with Petco and I hope everyone who reads this understands that if you want your money back you will not get it. Down with this type of practice. I could see if it were over 30 days from purchase but this was the following day that I returned the dog food after receiving it. I guess I will have to buy $100 worth of dog chews now just to use the damn gift card. "

2015-11-03

"WAY Over Priced, uneducated staff, unfriendly service and they never know how to process the rewards programs, they do not respond to emails or complaints.. The grooming is just unspeakable. How irresponsible can one be - leaving a dog in the dryer? Allowing animals to die in cages? Having a dog escape out the back door and get killed?"

2015-10-07

"I am about to complain about something I seen and have video documentation. It happened in the Minot ND, USA Petco. I watch a baby green iguan die. The worker said it was sleeping . So i asked if she could gently wake it for proof. She roller her eyes and tapped its head quite intensly into the glass. I knew it died when its mouth opened and its tounged was hanging she laughed and said heavy sleeper. Then I was a looking at a baby chinese water dragons enclosure where i seen it floating in a pool of water.. then I heard one lady worker tell another worker to move it around becaue people are looking. So the worker pushed me back and positioned the dead dragon beside the glass. I video-ed it because it was horrible ... Like seriously?? Take them out into the back room instead of displaying them.. It sickened the hell outta me! Please hire people who dont just need the minimum wage $$ .. hire people who love animals and want to work with them!"

2015-07-30

"I'm sorry if this is overly negative but I have repeatedly had issues with you website and had no choice but to shop in-store only. I really like the local Petco here and never had issues with the store or staff. The local petco store is amazing but not there website. As a regular customer and a family that spends hundreds of dollars at your store on a monthly basis I hope to be treated better in future. I have attempted to order from your website 4-5 times in the past few months, each time I added items to my cart but never ending up purchasing them for the following reasons: ERRORS, errors, errors on your website. I've tried to apply currant coupon/promo codes none of which ever worked (errors allows occurred). Free shipping did not work, % off never works, sometimes my Pecto Pals Rewards points don't/won't apply due to errors on your webpage. Then there is the payment issues... I've repeatedly saved my information and everytime it goes back to old card information, everytime I re-enter my information every single time I try to order from your website....this is annoying and ridiculous. I have contacted your customer service, I tried online without response, so then I tried the suggested phone #, repeatedly calling the customer service number and no one picked up....after being frustrated I emailed customer service and finally received a response that was to late to help me order online. I have tried to load my $5 rewards dollars to my card and everytime it fails to work...so my only option is to print them and use them in-store only or lose them. The Local Petco management & staff are all very nice & I've never had problems with them, have honored all coupons, points and will try to fix any problem they can, very knowledgeable and always helpful."

2015-07-02

"Nothing but problems with their website and very poor customer service including long wait times if you have to call in. Could not even remove my email address from their mailing list without a problem."

2015-06-22

"First, I had problems with petco.com website: re-directs, lack of confirmation, promo codes, etc. When I placed an order, there was no confirmation and nothing in my account to confirm so I called. I was told no orders were placed. Five hours later I received confirmation of two orders. I called and was reassured they had been canceled. The next day I received two emails that TWO orders had been shipped. I called. They said they couldn't do anything about it. Meanwhile, I ordered from another company that immediately shipped with no problems. Now I'm getting over $160 of food for an elderly, ill dog, and my only option is to return it to a store over 30 miles away? As a precaution, I contacted VISA to make sure no more orders are charged to my card. Maybe the website is incredibly slow and the mistake(s) was not intentional, but the service is unacceptable. "

2015-04-29

"Horrible.

I placed an order for 3 things.
Next week I l waited for package and nothing. Went online to check to the status and it read "cancelled". I called customer service and they said they could not get in touch w/me to verify the order. What?? This is crazy. I don't expect someone to call for verification on a Petco order. They def did not leave a message if they called. This is ridiculous

2015-04-11

"I recently purchased two ferrets from Petco. And one of my ferrets passed away from an illness two months later. Ferrets are supposed to live 8-10 years. I had my receipt and I had no Marshalls guarantee for the ferrets which is ferret insurance for a full year. The employee working at the time must have forgotten because they were very busy when I bought my pet. So I went into the store to explain my issue. They were under new management since my purchase but the manager was very polite and worked with me very well. I asked her if I could have a new ferret on account for the miscommunication and I asked her if she could contact the other pet owner that was housed with my ferret that passed away to make sure it didn't have the virus. A week later the manager called me back and said that she discussed my case with Marshalls and I got a new ferret. Also the manager called the other ferret owners to make sure their ferret was okay. I will be returning to petco as a frequent customer due to the amazing service. Great staff. Well knowledgeable. And perfect management staff. I couldn't be happier with my service at Petco."

This review was modified by ferreting5570 on April 11 2015 04:50:55 PM

2014-12-21

"Petco has ruined my Christmas dinner this year, as I now have a very hurt Grandmother that thinks I forgot about her gift. I ordered a Christmas gift for my grandmother with Petco with plenty of time for the items to reach her in time. After a little over a week passed, I wondered why I did not hear from her about the gift. I went to track the order only to see that Petco canceled it. They did not call, nor email nor explain why they canceled my order or to even inform me. When I called them to find out what the issue was, they said they canceled it because the shipping address did not match the billing address (that's normally how gift orders work, isn't it?) They did not offer to expedite anything, send a letter explaining THEIR MISTAKE or do anything to help fix the problem. If they informed me instead of making me go look for their mistake, I would have been able to find a gift to ship to her in time for the holiday.

They previously solicited me to write a survey, before they canceled my order and now I know why.

This review was modified by llindsay13 on December 21 2014 10:54:03 PM

2014-11-13

"Any call to Petco with a question about an order takes you to a Philippine call center where the sound quality is terrible, people are always talking in the background, the person you are talking to speaks marginal English, and they are generally clueless about what is going on at the corporate headquarters. Most recently I placed an order for saltwater fish. Two were DOA and 8 more died within 2 days of acclimation in my aquaria. I have been involved in this hobby for 3 years, my tanks have elaborate filtration systems, my existing fish are all active and healthy. I requested a refund and reordered replacements for some of the lost fish on 11/11. The fish were supposed to be delivered today and when I did not receive tracking info I called one of the call center idiots. She told me the order had been cancelled by Petco, could not give me an explanation and would not transfer me to someone who could. I suspect the reason is that I had the nerve to actually make use of their 30 day guaranty. The fish were obviously in poor health when they were shipped. The company is sleazy and dishonest and would not order from them again. "

Share Petco's store rating

Petco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Petco is not a merchant member
Petco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!