Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 8.33/10 62 reviews

Pcmri.com is a merchant member
    Pcmri.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • Pcmri.com contact information

Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Recently purchased pc mri. Had nothing but problems. My computer is worse than ever. I was told nothing about the monthly charge. They price gorged the whole service. And when asked for receipts they keeper saying it was sent. I searched every where including spam and junk mail. And still don;t have receipts. I will call bank. Bbb paypal and all involved in this transaction for the last 11 hours. It's a rip off. I can;t give invoice because I don;t have the receipt. I can be called info is on 77778997"

modified review reply posted Apr-07-2014

aarcodia, Pcmri.com rep has responded

“Hello

I am very sorry to hear of the recent complications that you have experienced. Advanced Tech Support is dedicated to making our customers happy. We would like to hear from you directly so we can correct any and all issues you are experiencing.

We process and send out thousands of recipes a week. with that said can you please provide me the email that was used in the purchase to

wewanttohelp@pcmri.com

Did you purchase a plan or just software?

There are times that a computer is corrupted to a point that software alone will not correct the issue, and in some cases can even make a computer slower until its manually corrected first.

Either way we can refund your order and get the receipt to you.

PCMRI”

"On 1/16/14, I paid over $400 for a computer "fix" and malware protection. Great "fix" and hopefully a great product.

I purchased what I was told was a "LIFETIME" product with no need for monthly updating and annual renewals as with most anti-virus/malware software.
This was quite pricey, but I figured that a "LIFETIME" product and "LIFETIME" protection would be well worth the price.

And then BAM! Out of nowhere I get an email notice of a $15 charge to my credit card... that was AND will forever be taken from my credit card EVERY MONTH AUTOMATICALLY!! And for what? I had NO idea since this "minor" aspect of business was NEVER mentioned in my original dialog regarding the purchase!

After 3 conversations with both "SafeCart.com" and "PCMRI" I was told that this $15/month ($180/year) would allow me to access "Tech Support" in the future if ever I needed it! Well, thats nice, but it was never discussed with me at all. I just started getting noticed that I was handing "PCMRI" $15/month, AUTOMATICALLY (without notice to, or authorization from... me) for a "LIFETIME"!
NOTE: After jumping through a bunch of hoops with this issue, I was able to decline and cancel this unwanted service from PCMRI and get a refund for the last 2 months (supposedly, since I have not seen it yet). Needless to say, after putting a "watch" on this contrived, monthly, automatic charge on my AmEx account, I NOW feel like I need to (and I WILL) change my card number since, no doubt, anyone at PCMRI now has it!
Bottom Line: Their product may or may not be good, but with $400+ initial cost PLUS $180/year has proven that their business practice AND customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.
Trust me; the $400+ product that I ended up with is NOT worth getting covertly SCREWED for an additional $180 per year. Had I not noticed this action by PCMRI, and had it gone any further, I’d be talking to the U.S. Department of Justice, Retail Fraud division right now.
Good luck!

modified review reply posted Feb-18-2014

aarcodia, Pcmri.com rep has responded

“Hello

If you could send the email that your order was under to wewanttohelp@pcmri.com I can see exactly what was done and who the technician was that helped you. If indeed you were opted in to our monthly plan without your knowledge we can handle the technician accordingly. We have strict protocols in place when a customer opts in for our monthly plan.

The Monthly charge is used by thousands of people and was actually suggested by our customers a few years ago.

Again if you need to contact us regarding the refunds you can always contact us here:

You can chat with a live chat support person from 8am to Midnight EST time 7 days a week. If you like you can call us directly at 1-800-978-4501 24 x 7
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmest regards,
PCMRI
wewanttohelp@pcmri.com”

"they did fix my malware problem, but it took two days. finally when fixed, it cost a lot of money. Now I mentioned my problem to friends, they two had had the same problem, but they just undated they security software and it fixed the problem......Like most people we are at the mercy of what we are being told.."

"The problem I was having was resolved to my satisfaction"

" The customer service rep. was helpful and explained what your services would provide for me. I needed help right now with The "FBI Virus" that had infected my computer. The senior technician cleaned my computer and got me back to a happy place again. Thank you."

Rating 8/104/5

"The young lady that I talked with was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. My only issue is that my computer does not work as efficiently as it did prior to you working on it. The speed is fine but some of web pages come up strange when I initially open them."

"I was very satisfied with the Techs that helped me. I hope I will continue to be satisfied by the PC Pro protection of my computer. Thanks for all of the help.

Regards,
April

"We should have done this when we first bought the computer. Thanks!"

"Pcmri took care of everything to make sure all of my information is protected and safe! Thank you Pcmri!!!"

"The software was recommended by a wonderful tech from SparkTrust PC Cleaner. The tech uses the software himself and he showed me all the viruses on my computer, which by the way was almost going to have to get repaired, and how pcmri can help. so far so good and i no longer get viruses or attacks to my harddrive"

Bolton, Lancashire, England

"all persons that I had dealings with were very helpful and cheerful long may they be that way
Roy

"They have worked hard for three days to solve our problems with our XP."

"Anti-malware PCMRI seems to catch and remove threats Norton doesn't not. Would recommend PCMRI over Norton."

Rating 8/104/5

"8/22/2013 As of this date, contrary to my previous rating. I am totally disappointed in this product. And would like a full refund to my credit card, of which you have on file. Please contact me so I may verify my credit card number with you. Or call me at 203-297-7199, to do this. Thank you for your time. The PC-MRI has already been erased from my computer."

"My computer runs great now. One thing the PCI Malware will not work on my computer"