Stores > Parts Train

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.11/10 7.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.91/10 6.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.94/10 5.94/10
Voice your opinion! Review Parts Train by clicking a star below.
2017-08-12

Horrible customer service

"Just wanted to let everybody know to stay away from an online company called Partstrain.com . I ordered parts from them online and I went through a thorough line of questions to make sure that the parts are for the right vehicle I answered all their questions and it came out that the parts were for my vehicle so I ordered them. I get the parts and of course they are the wrong parts so I call customer service to return them they do nothing but hassle me over the return. They also tried to make me pay to ship the parts back to them and also I had to take it to a main FedEx location which I believe the closest one was in Oregon. On their website they say easy hassel free returns which is a load of crap. Then on top of that they gave me no discount whatsoever on the replacement part and said that I made the mistake on ordering the previous part. It was their computer system that said it was the right part. Horrible customer service. Very bad experience. I would avoid this online company at all cost"

2017-08-03

If you order everything you need. be prepared to get 1/3 of what you ordered and the rest canceled.

"First order, order everything I need. all shown in stock. they ship half and do a paypal refund on the rest.. Wait for parts to show in stock again. Order 775 dollars worth of parts. They ship.. 200....

They OBVIOUSLY have NO idea what is actually in stock.

So now I have 2 projects with half the needed parts, I will be forced to go do the dealer for the rest I guess.

so they called with some lame excuse about restrictions, one of the canceled parts they actually SHIPPED on my first order. Regardless, if you can't sell it, don't list it as in stock. This is NOT that hard. Off shore call center is useless too.

UPDATE. Order arrived....
2 boxes, both with hoods in them. One with a bumper reinforcement in the same box as the hood. this 20 pound steel bar just flopped around in the box with the hood. Causing several dents in the hood. Both boxes where poorly packed but some how one hood made it ok. The other is junk.

seems they want ME to pay return shipping. I don't think so. This is their mistake.

2017-07-28

Buyer Beware!! 2 major issues we have experienced with Partstrain.

"We're a busy body shop in FL , I've made several orders in the past where the item shows in stock, only to find out days later that it isn't. this has put us in a bind with our customers and deadlines, delays can be detrimental to a business.

Unfortunately Partstrain has a terrible inventory system, according to one of their reps: " The reason the part still shows in stock online is because our websites are not updated real-time. Our websites are updated twice a week, which means that any changes on part availability, price, or description will be seen after the scheduled update."

To PartsTrain: Easy fix! invest in an algorithm that checks the last updated stock when a customer places the order, then immediately notifies the customer that it is not in stock!!!

Buyers: When you place an order make sure you give yourself ample time, even if the order shows in stock, contact customer service to make sure that it is, if you have deadlines as in a body shop, be proactive!

PartsTrain: The last two rear bumpers we ordered from PartsTrain came in with the sides folded in!!! yes you guys folded bumper in when shipped, causing damage and creases to the sides of the bumper, both of which we had to repair because they were heavily warped, if it wasn't because we have deadlines, I would have never accepted this and had them returned.

Parts Train, if you are folding bumpers in to save cost on packaging, (folded in as in the bumper looked like a tri fold wallet when pulled out of the box) this is a terrible practice!!! other than that I can't possibly think of any other reason why a company would fold a bumper in for shiping, and although we did receive partial credit on the last bumper, this is still unacceptable because we lose time, material cost and labor repairing this problem, understand that just because a bumper is plastic, and can bend doesn't mean you should fold it in!!!! it will warp it, and strech it. and for this I award you only 1 star.

2017-07-07

Good selection

"Got what I needed, too a couple weeks to receive it but some places like that."

2017-06-02

First Purchase with Excellent Customer Assistance

"Purchase an item for my truck band initially ordered the wrong part number. Customer service took very good care of the issue, refunded my purchase, and set me right to order the correct number. Parts arrived quickly with some minor shipping damage from UPS. I checked the parts and they were okay and will be installed shortly. AAA+++"

2017-05-26

good value

"easy to use, affortable and fast"

2017-05-15

outstanding

"Got everything I'm looking for and fast service."

2017-05-12

Great response and parts quality.

"Part was located without worry and good price. "

RobBoyd's Avatar

2017-05-10

Very disappointing

"The floor mats I ordered were listed as "in stock" but then I saw that the fronts would ship in 8 days and the rears would ship in 17 days. On day 8, no shipment. On day 9, an email that says fronts are out-of-stock and that part of the order has been cancelled. I called to cancel rears. Later that day I get a shipment tracking email that the rears had shipped 2 days ago! Still have not received any refund on either fronts or rear. Ordered from another seller and had both within a week."

2017-05-06

Amazing

"Order the parts and said was going be there late Saturday. The patts was there actually earlier then expected. Thanks parts train"

n/a Verified Customer
2017-04-25

Two out of three ain't bad; but one out of three stinks!

"I Ordered a radiator, shroud and cooling fan for an old six-cylinder 1990 Toyota 4-Runner, only the radiator was the correct part. The shroud was for a full-sized Chevy Truck and the fan was for a four-cylinder engine. I still haven't sent the stuff back; maybe that's what you're hoping for?"

2017-04-24

outstock

"i made a purchase, 3 days later i check the status and my order appears as DELETED. it was outstock.

2017-04-21

"I haven't installed it but it appears to be great. Delivery was quick and super cheap all together!!! I will always shop here first!!!"

2017-04-18

Fantastic service!

"I went to my local parts store to try and purchase a front low beam headlight for my 06 Malibu. They sold me what I was told was the correct light for my car, pulled everything apart (and if you own a Malibu you know what I'm talking about when I say it's more difficult than it should be) only to find out it was wrong. Second visit to parts store, the wrong light again. Third visit, I showed them a link to this website with the part I knew I needed, and they said your website was wrong and gave me a third headlight. It did not work. So I ordered the part myself from your website and it worked like a charm. I could have saved myself a weeks worth of agrivation if I had just shopped with you folks from the beginning. Thank you for speedy delivery with terrific and professional customer service. I will definitely be shopping here again. "

2017-04-13

Good fix!

"Your site makes it easy to order and delivery was quick, great job!"

Share Parts Train's store rating

Parts Train is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Parts Train is a merchant member
Parts Train participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,380 merchant members.