Stores > PartSelect.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.67/10 3.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.67/10 4.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review PartSelect.com by clicking a star below.
2017-09-13

Terrible customer relations

" I purchased a thermo for my stove, it was shipped on time but when I received the package, it was crushed and the box was too small for the thermostat. The tip of the temp probe was sticking out of the box. I called and reported the issue. They said they could reorder the part at my cost and then reimburse me later. I had emailed them pictures so there was no question this was their issue not mine.
Unlike some out there I do not have unlimited funds and I explained that to them. I requested they send me a new thermo and send a call tag for the damaged one and they refused. I have been in customer service for 30 years... This is pathetic by any standard.
I will never use this company again and recommend no one else dome either.
This leaves me without a stove for who know how long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep reply posted Sep-13-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review Andrew. I have sent you a private message. ”

2017-09-12

Misrepresentation of expected delivery date

"I was given a delivery date via email for a backordered part. When that date passed, I called customer service and spoke to a rude representative. He refused to give any update and said it was not his job to contact the manufacturer of the part for when the part would be available. I called the manufacturer directly and found out that the item may not be available for 6 months.
I called and cancelled my order with partselect. They refunded my money. I should have been told upfront that the part may not be available for a half a year.

Rep reply posted Sep-13-2017

2017-08-24

Pathetic chat customer service

"When you are checking out on their site, the standard shipping time is very misleading and there is information they don't tell you like that when it says "usually 2-3 days", that is the time they have to get the item out the door....not when you can expect it in your hands. (You can "usually" expect it in 3-5 days). They will lean very heavily on the the word "usually". Plus I don't see how they can note on their checkout page under shipping that the average delivery with "standard method" is just 1.8 days. It all makes you lean toward paying that extra money to get it a few days faster when you may as well do econoship because you really aren't being expedited much at all in my opinion.

Despite my airing my issues, the agent that "helped" me in chat was only throwing pre-prepared lingo at me so I am guessing they've had this problem before. When they offered to copy and paste the language for me from the website, I found it a little condescending and it just took me to that level right back at them.

There is another large parts provider that seems to kick this company's behind in customer reviews and I am regretting I didn't take the time to check them out, too.

Rep reply posted Aug-24-2017

2017-08-16

Horrible Service

"I ordered an on-order item which typically takes 7-10 days as claimed on their site and ended up waiting 13 days. I e-mailed them and was assured that it'd be sent out by Monday but wasn't until late Tuesday. Furthermore, I ordered 2-3 day shipping and turns out that I won't be receiving my part until another week - all they did was refund the difference of the shipping method. Avoid PartSelect, unless you want to be waiting a month to receive your item."

Rep reply posted Aug-17-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. I apologize that the part took a little bit longer for us to receive from the manufacture. I will refund your full shipping back for you. You should see the refund back on your card in 2-3 business days. Have a great day Alvaro. ”

2017-07-26

A/C part order

"We never rec'd the part that we ordered for our A/C even though we ordered & paid for it over a year ago."

Rep reply posted Jul-27-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“I have sent you a private message. ”

2017-06-25

Easy and Quick Installation of Flapper

"Received the part quickly and husband installed it easily."

Rep reply posted Jun-26-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review Elizabeth :) ”

2017-06-21

Refuse to discuss missing part, Better Late than Never?

"Update: A supervisor called, admittedly in response to the online review. He indicated that the customer service was not the best, acknowledging the CSR I talked with could have researched this more, and that a supervisor should have followed up sooner. Also gave me a refund slightly more than the cost to buy my part from their competitor. So I got a sincere apology and compensation for the missing part. I felt much better about the company, and upgraded from 1 star to a 3.

Orig Post: Still waiting for supervisor to call. I ordered and installed a replacement for the height adjuster on dishwasher rack, which includes the rollers and rack sides. A small clip is missing to stabilize the rack. I emailed saying I was missing a part. A day or so later I got an email saying it had to be handled by phone. I called, and was told the small missing plastic piece could not be ordered, and I would need to return entire assembly (already installed in my dishwasher) or buy an entire assembly in order to get the clip ($46 plus shipping, and of course the old parts were damaged in removal). I ask for a supervisor, and was told one would call me back within 24 hours. That was 2 days ago. I went to appliancepartpros.com and ordered the part...and won't be back to partselect. Bottom line: if there is a part missing from their shipment, you are out of luck.

Rep reply posted Jun-21-2017

2017-06-19

They refused to refund

"I purchased Refrigerator gaskets from them and installed them.They did not seal the refrigerator properly.When I sent them back they refused a refund because they had been installed.I am not sure how I could have found out they didn"t work unless I had installed them.They were not damaged when returned. I wasted $200.00 and would not recommend ordering anything from this company."

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. Unfortunately once a part has been installed it can't be returned. We sell only brand new OEM parts to our customers, not ones that have been tried or used by customers. Please contact us with your model and serial number and we can see if you ordered the right ones as per the manufacture. If you have ordered the incorrect ones for your model we will work with you on getting the correct ones and help you with getting a refund. Please call us and we can resolve this for you. ”

2017-06-16

Paid for 2-3 day shipping, did not get 2-3 day shipping.

"Go check out their reviews elsewhere. While they are happy to have you pay extra to have shipping expedited, they consistently don't deliver. Shipping scam! They say, "Average delivery time via standard shipping: 1.8 days." yet I paid for expedited shipping and it took 6 days."

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear your order was delayed. I checked FedEx tracking and they have no information as to why your order was delayed. I have credited the difference of your shipping back to your account for you. We are currently working with our shippers to have this matter resolved. Have a great day. ”

2017-06-09

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

"I needed an extra wire shelf for my Samsung freezer, and tried this company. They showed a picture that looked right, so I bought the product. When it arrived I found that it was far too short for my freezer, so I sent it back.

I paid $30 for the part. Turns out that Partselect will NOT repay you for your return freight, which cost me $15. So I wasted $15 for the "privilege" of being misled by a picture and being sent the wrong part.

Avoid this company like the plague it is.

Here's my response to PartSelect's reply:

PartSelect's response doesn't cut it.

The fact is that 1.) The part was wrong. I put in the correct model number for the appliance, yet PartSelect sent me the wrong part anyway. And to make matters worse: 2.) The picture was deceiving. It looked like the part was correct, yet when it arrived, it was too short.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Rep reply posted Jun-12-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. Unfortunately if the customer orders the incorrect part we would not cover the return cost. (Please view returns section of our website.) If you called customer service and we ordered the incorrect part for you we would take full responsibility and send pre-paid shipping labels so there would be no cost to you and refund for the part and the freight. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 1-888-738-4871 ”

2017-06-03

Same Day Shipping but they use Turtles to Deliver!

"They promise same day shipping and that is correct, what they fail to tell you is, they use DHL and USPS to deliver and that takes process of handling off to each other means 5 to 7 business days to arrive! Then they tell you their average delivery is 1.8 days! I guess if you live next door to them you will get it in 1.8 days.
Should have purchased form Amazon as I later learned they have the parts 33% cheaper and free shipping!!!!
Check Amazon before buying they are more reliable and the shipping and delivery method is much faster.

Rep reply posted Jun-12-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. When economy shipping is selected (7-10 business days $6.15) the order is shipped usually with DHL and USPS. If you need quicker shipping there are 2 day shipping and next business days shipping. I have checked your order and you had selected economy shipping. We sell brand new OEM parts with a 1 year warranty. Please make sure if your shopping around your not buying aftermarket parts with no warranty. If you have any questions please contact our customer service and we will be happy to assist you. Have a great day. ”

2017-04-07

Unsatisfied

"1st I ordered parts, took 3 days longer then promised. That's that I did factor the weekend.
I did their problemsolving , and ordered parts. Near or over 100 with the tax factored.
The problem didn't resolve , so I was done. Sent the parts back with additional shipping costs that I paid.
I contacted customer service before sending the parts back, she didn't mention if the parts had been attached to the dryer then I couldn't return them.
So needless to say I sent them all $ 100 worth of parts, just to receive an email saying they have been rejected because they had been installed.
I contacted them and they said it's policy and that parts would be destroyed and not returned to me.
Warning --- buy local parts only . Don't use this site, unless you are certain what the problem is.

Rep reply posted Apr-10-2017

2017-04-05

Wasted time and money

"Gave explicit model number and details about my fridge part. Guy on phone said part would fit. I needed a spring for a door and they sent me the spring for the ice dispenser!! Not even worth the money to send back since they don't cover shipping. "

Rep reply posted Apr-06-2017

Nazareth, PA Verified Customer
2017-04-04

Great Selection & On-time Delivery

"Needed an latch/handle assembly for an approximately 15 year old Maytag dishwasher. The part was easily found and had the handle included (some other websites had handle as a separate part, and others did not include the handle - or did not carry the part ). The price was less than other websites for the same part(s). The shipping option choices were flexible too. And the part arrived ON TIME. Overall, this was a very satisfying experience. Thank You, Jeff M. Nazareth, PA"

Rep reply posted Apr-05-2017

A rep from PartSelect.com, partselect, has responded

“Thank you for your review. ”

2017-03-30

False advertising re shipping policy

"They advertise same day shipping for orders ordered before 4 pm ET. This is untrue. They advertise their standard shipping as "usually' two days, but shipped my item with UPS ground, which is taking 6 days to arrive. This is also false advertising. This is a very disappointing experience. I will use other appliance part websites next time."

Rep reply posted Mar-31-2017

Share PartSelect.com's store rating

PartSelect.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

PartSelect.com is a merchant member
PartSelect.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,431 merchant members.