Stores > Park Seed Company

• Park Seed Compa

Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

2016-05-29

Don't order they sent DEAD products

"Of all the different companies I have ordered from Parks is by far the worst products that I have ever received, 2 out of 10 trees were alive, they also didn't send the trees I ordered, they substituted trees I would never have ordered, ALL the more reason to buy my future orders from Gurney's, their products are always first rate, alive, healthy, and they send what I ordered."

This review was modified by W.Hunter on May 29 2016 02:46:53 PM

2016-05-26

Beware!!!

"I truly wish I could give zero stars to this company. I placed an order for tomato plants on 4/27/2016 and as of today (5/26/2016) I have not received them. I called their office today and was told the plants could be shipped as late as 6/10/2016. When I placed the order, their website indicated these plants would be shipped beginning 5/16/2016. Today when I checked their website, it shows these plants "now shipping" Why is their customer service department saying one thing and their website saying another? Maybe they don't know what truthful means!

I live in Ohio which has a limited growing season so young plants received in the middle of June, if they survive the summer heat, would not have time to mature and produce many tomatoes by the end of the growing season. With this in mind, I requested that my order be cancelled and my money refunded. The response I received was: "Unfortunately we cannot cancel your order". I asked to speak to a supervisor and after several minutes of stalling, Jessica finally connected me to Chantra who said she was a supervisor but again said she could not cancel my order. She did offer a solution; Refuse the order when it arrives and it will be returned to their vendor. Their vendor will in turn notify them that the order was refused and then they would refund my money...sometime in July or August. I said I did not want to wait 2-3 months to get my money back and asked to speak with her supervisor, Brad. Unfortunately, Brad (and all of the other upper management people) was in a meeting and would have to call me back. I will contact my credit card company to see about getting my money back.

In doing some research on the internet, I discovered that Park's Seed has had a long history of not being dependable when it comes to fulfilling internet orders. And their customer service stinks!

I ordered from them last year and had no problems so based on that, I would say you have a 50/50 shot at getting your plants! Beware!

This review was modified by Riverlady3696 on May 26 2016 12:31:31 PM

2016-05-25

Huge letdown

"I was very excited to expand my garden and try growing asparagus for the first time. After checking out many places I settled on parkseed. They advertise great healthy products with a guarantee, but that's not what they demonstrate. I placed an order on 4/22, received shipping notification on 5/2 and finally received the shipment on 5/10. I was worried as the roots were very dry so I followed the provided instructions, hoping they weren't goners. After gently pulling the roots and bundles apart and untangling, I discovered some of the roots actually had fuzzy mold on them and even some of the individual roots began to rot. I've called but they only have business hours during my working hours which makes it extremely difficult to break away and call their customer service. I've sent emails with no responses and I'm worried I'm just out the money, and stuck with moldy, useless roots. Lesson learned, always read reviews for everything... Just a lousy experience for something I was so excited about. What a let down."

This review was modified by Alplayf on May 25 2016 07:01:57 PM

2016-05-19

Bad Product, Terrible Customer Service. Don't Buy from Park Seed!

"Park Seed claims to guarantee its seeds, but this is misleading. I purchased three packets of Feverfew seeds from them in the fall (300 seeds) and they were all duds! I invested in good grow lights and a seed heating mat to grow three different types of seed (two were from other companies). With optimal growing conditions, all of my seeds sprouted EXCEPT FOR THE PARK SEEDS. When I called to request a refund, they refused me, stating their guarantee only covers six months. Not only do they not specify this, but if you order seeds in the fall, you will not have time to find out they are bad seeds until it is past the six months. This is an untrustworthy company with poor quality products. Stay away! "

This review was modified by CherylBel on May 19 2016 08:32:26 AM

2016-03-26

Park Seed No Thanks.

"Just sharing yet another "awesome" Park Seed experience. I ordered several seed packets, waited a reasonable amount of time, and still nothing. Finally got annoyed and called them. Seeds hadn't even shipped a week later. They told me that they were waiting for one item that was out of stock.
BS. I was told they would ship them out express, and would send the last item when they came in.
Again BS. Waited some more and after 10 days I called to tell them never mind, forget my order.
Was then told they had shipped them. Long story short, the order took two weeks to get here, the seeds that were "out of stock" were available, but was of course never shipped. Add that my only other order from them nearly six months ago resulted in seeds that would not germinate. I have gardened for 30 plus years, I know how to germinate seeds. According to Park Seed you are entitled to a refund. I called, was told sure thing and sorry. Right. Just to have no credit posted. Called back several days later, was told "oh yes its been posted, call your credit card company. Funny thing is, the very next day I get an email from Park Seed saying they have credited my account. Amazing coincidence. Don't buy anything from them, they are dumb as rocks. And their customer service skills are sorely lacking. Never again.

2016-03-09

Horrible company to deal with

"I can't give an opinion regarding their products because after almost 3 weeks, two phone calls and several emails, I have yet to receive my order. They keep prolonging it, saying allow more time. Supposedly my order shipped on Feb. 25 via usps, but according to the tracking number, and a local postal worker, it was never received. Not sure if I'll ever get my order or a refund. "

This review was modified by biskitzmommie99 on March 09 2016 09:57:45 AM

2015-09-24

"Be advised that if the plants you order do not produce (no flowers on annuals) Park Seed requires that you notify them within two weeks of the plants being shipped to you. After that time the company's philosophy is 'Too bad, so sad, I have your money. Now go away'."

This review was modified by cl1314 on September 24 2015 10:14:57 AM

2015-06-16

"The sorriest and worst company I have ever dealt with, this company does not carry about the customer but only about ripping people off. They do not stand behind their products they sell and they give you the run around when there is an problem like seeds failing to germinate. I have been gardening for more than 20 years but never have done business with this sorry company until this year but now I know to never do business with this sorry company."

This review was modified by PISSEDCUSTOMER1979 on June 16 2015 11:28:11 AM

2015-06-05

"HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.... this is the WORST customer service I have ever had... I don't have time to write all the detail but have include my actual chat with their customer service..

You are now chatting with 'Terri'

Terri: Hello. How may I assist you today?

Jacki Ostgard: I am so frustrated, I tried to order the topaz ice plants yesterday for $2.50 but when I entered in the free shipping code it said it didn't exist

Jacki Ostgard: now I missed the $2.50 deal and the code is STIll not working

Terri: They are $2.99 and you can sign up for our newsletter on the website and use code PK22333 for free shipping on orders of $40 or more.

Jacki Ostgard: They were $2.50 yesterday it was a special daily deal. I did sign up for your news letter already but it says on your front banner to use FREESHIP39

Terri: FREESHIP39 ended yesterday. Use PK22333 and they are 2.99 now which is still a great deal.

Jacki Ostgard: I did try to use that code yesterday and it wouldn't accept it. I am ordering 12-15 plants so even though it it's only .50 it adds up when order that many plants...

Terri: What is the order sub-total?

Jacki Ostgard: 39.83 at this point, I may add more

Jacki Ostgard: I just wanted to do the chat as soon as I could

Terri: You can use the PK22333 when you get to $40 for the free shipping.

Jacki Ostgard: So, you can't do anything to make up the $6 more I am going to have to pay because I missed the deal yesterday?

Jacki Ostgard: $6 or more

Terri: What do you mean $6 more?

Jacki Ostgard: $6 or more, depending on how many plant I order, I am for sure getting 12, since your system didn't' accept the code I was using yesterday I now have to pay $6 more...

Terri: Unfortunately, that promotion is over and the system won't recognize the code anymore.

Jacki Ostgard: Well, can you give me a credit, gift card or something? I guess I was hoping for a little better customer service. Usually in a situation like this a professional company would do something in return to make up for the inconvenience of their system error...

Terri: Did you call yesterday when the code didn't work?

Jacki Ostgard: No, it was 10:30pm at night.....

Terri: As a customer courtesy, I will give you free shipping.

Jacki Ostgard: Here is the deal either you are a company that understands the value of good customer service or your not... I don't have time to keep going rounds with you. I would have expected you to offer to make this right, from the beginning... Thank you for you assistance, I will contact your management and post a review online

Your chat transcript will be sent to jacki.o@allstate.com at the end of your chat

This review was modified by jacki_c on June 05 2015 12:21:44 PM

2015-06-03

"I order alot of stuff online and have always had excellent service and product. Until now..Park Seed is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. There customer service is terrible! I emailed them with an issue and never heard back, so I had to called them. I had one plant delivered that looked terrible and it ended up dying and they act like I killed it. I was offered a "store" credit that I can use in 24-48hrs after the fact but after dealing with the guy on the phone I just felt I should walk away and get a new one someplace else. I don't feel like they stand behind there product."

This review was modified by DEnREY on June 03 2015 01:14:44 PM

Southern Maine
2015-04-03

"I was looking on line for a good company to help me move away from trash like Gurney or Burpee. You order, they send what THEY want. And Burpee has pesticides in their seeds. Wonder how that tastes....
Park seed APPEARS to be a solid reputable company. THEY ARE CHEATS like the others.
I ordered 4 packs o seed and some strawberries. $21.00 in seed just before 7am on 3/31. At 8:58 I receive a notice of 20% off for 3 days. I look @ my order. "Please contact us through info@ parkseed.com". Received notification that I will be contacted within 48 hours. I called on the 49th hour(My lunch on 4/02). Was told that the seed packet with "free shipping on this seed packet", which was THE ONLY (Crookneck yellow squash)Product they had, disqualified me for the 20%!!! Also, I had called after the order was shipped(remember-by their request, I was to be contacted within 48 hours). OBTW, The inclusion of the seed packet, or the exclusion of the packet in computing my shipping charges, DID NOT CHANGE MY SHIPPING as indicated.
Sooooooo Park Seed please follow your profit line.......
20% of $21.00 is 42 cents. You lost a $43.00 order for 42 cents. I have been to my CC bank and will fight the charges. I have told everyone I garden with, how Park Seed cheats their customers. I will continue to TELL EVERYONE I see or know what a cheating company Park Seed is.
In my opinion Park Seed is a despicable cheating company of stupid people. Mainiacdave

This review was modified by mainiacdave on April 03 2015 03:36:33 AM

2015-02-09

"I ordered three Park Seed 60-cell bio domes and was delivered on Jan. 6. Along with a variety of seeds on 1/6/15, order and was delivered Jan 16. I followed all the instructions, on January 16 when the seeds first arrived, and the plants began to grow beautifully. Around a week ago, though, a few seedlings began to grow mold. I threw away the moldy ones, and opened the vents to allow circulation prevent more from growing mold. Today, I checked on the plants and they were ALL growing mold. I've lost the entire batch of 180 seedlings in plugs. I called and talked to someone at Park Seed's horticulture department, who suggested various ways that I might save a similar batch in the future. He suggested opening the vents any time I notice condensation, or even removing the dome entirely for a few hours, but it was too late for this suggestion by the time I received it, and I had followed the provided instructions accurately. He also suggested a bleach solution that would kill the mold and leave the plants, but I am growing my herbs organically for delicate use in tinctures, and I would not put bleach on my plants. I have previously been a loyal Park Seed customer, but I will not order from them again. I am very dissatisfied with my purchase. I will grow my next set of seedlings the traditional way, in soil. The email: info@parkseed.com does not even work. "

This review was modified by windgoddesstraveler on February 09 2015 12:02:55 PM

2014-10-22

"I had 2 orders from them so far. A fig plant and another time three blueberries and a cranberry plant. The packaging were safe and the plants came looking healthy and in great condition. This is my limited experience, but so far it is good and I wouldn't hesitate to order again."

This review was modified by maxharryjohnson on November 18 2014 08:13:59 AM

2014-05-29

" I too ordered seeds from Park Seed. I took advantage of the free shipping. It was over $55.00 in seeds. I was looking for seeds for a certain plant and I found it here. I bought 6 packs of the seeds (2 each for colors available) and was going to divide the seeds between friends. There was supposed to be 25 seeds in each pack. When I received the order, I started to divide the seeds up and there was only 12 seeds in one pack. After trying to divide the 6 packs of seeds, I was short 32 seeds. So that alerted me to the other seeds I purchased, and every package was at least 8 seeds short. Might not seem like a lot but I paid for the count on the package and did not expected to be cheated out of seeds. I have contacted customer service twice and it's the same answer. We will contact you within 48 hour. It has been a month and nothing. They keep sending me emails on their sales and this truly strikes a nerve. Very disappointing for a company that use to be great, returned questions and concerns within 24 hours and did not cheat you out of seeds."

This review was modified by LindaLG on May 29 2014 02:27:20 PM

2013-06-01

"Placed a nearly $300.00 order for annual plants in April. Third week of May, I had no plants. Sent e-mails, called company twice. Finally they assured me my orders would arrive May 30th or the 31st. On the 31st, I watched for the UPS truck to stop, but it drove by - didn't stop. I again called Park Seed, asked to speak to the supervisor. I explained my plants never arrived. She checked all my orders & then told me I WOULD NOT RECEIVE THEM - something about having problems with the supplier. I was dumb founded & furious that I had not NEVER received an e-mail from them explaining the situation. That was my first & last time dealing with Park Seed. NEVER AGAIN! I will continue to buy local."

This review was modified by Carolyn Mary on June 01 2013 07:46:55 PM

Share Park Seed Company's store rating

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member
Park Seed Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!