Stores > Park Seed Company
  • Park Seed Compa

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Park Seed Company by clicking a star below.
2017-06-02

Lousy customer service

" Seemed like they were a good company until there was a problem with my delivery. Reps had been trained well to stonewall customers. Order was supposedly shipped May 23,2017. Gave me a tracking # for USPS which read "status not available". Called on May 31 and was told package was in the Columbus, Oh. post office and was told to call back if not received by June 2. I was told that it was shipped via FedEx and I wouldn't receive my order until June 7. The fellow said that it had a FedEx shipping number "but we don't use FedEx". Was it shipped May 23 or not (email clearly stated it was shipped on the 23rd. asked to talk with a supervisor but was told they were on the phone and was told I would DEFINITELY be called back. That was over 5 hours ago. I don't expect any call or any product delivery. Mark A Hamelberg"

2017-04-25

No Integrity at Park Seed Company

"I just had an extremely negative experience with Park Seed, and I’d like to make others aware of this, as well as other reviewers’ experiences with them. I found consumer ratings for Park Seed on four websites, with the results summarized below. My rating is NEGATIVE, or 1 star. I’ve come across bad companies before, but Park Seed is the worst of the worst! I won’t deal with them again. “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.” The details of my situation are described below.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Park_Seed_Company Rating 1.0 / 10 (25 reviews)
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/3/#b Rating 425 positives, 107 neutrals, 421 negatives
https://www.yelp.com/biz/park-seed-greenwood Rating 1.5 / 5.0 stars (31 reviews)
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.parkseed.com Rating 1 / 5 stars (13 reviews)

I bought seed packets of 10 different vegetables. Thankfully, 8 did well. But one packet of peppers took 3 weeks to germinate, never grew more than 1” tall, and never developed true leaves, after 7 weeks! And with one packet of 10 watermelon seeds, only 2 of the 6 seeds I planted germinated (33%, which would increase to only 60% if the 4 unplanted seeds were viable).

I called Park Seed and spoke to Robin. She told me that Park Seed wouldn’t do ANYTHING about the watermelon seeds “because they only guarantee 80% germination.” I responded that the germination was at best only 60%, but she had nothing further to say. She said nothing about the dwarfed and useless pepper plants. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Robin took my phone number and told me that one would call me back, but she wouldn’t say when. I doubt anyone will ever call back.

The Park Seed guarantee, on their website, says nothing about 80% germination; it simply states “We guarantee all Park Seed products to be high quality, true to type, shipped properly, and to perform as advertised. If your plant has received our recommended care and doesn't perform to your satisfaction, notify us and we will replace it free of charge or provide the cost of the product as credit toward a future purchase.” Evidently not! To avoid disappointment, DO NOT BUY FROM PARK SEED!

2017-04-16

Shallots

"No matter what kind of seed you order, they send shallots! Do not order fromthem"

2017-04-15

Won't use Park Seed again!

"My order came without the inner tray for the BioDome. Customer service was very uncaring and to return the order (because of obvious bad customer service) I was told I would have to pay shipping and 25% restocking fee! I've never experienced customer service like this with the companies I usually use. I could not receive a shipping refund or the discounted price that took place shortly after my order for my inconvenience. No apologies for inconvenience. Won't use them again."

2017-04-14

Ships in 2 days = ship when they feel like it

"To say I am upset is an understatement. These better be some pretty impressive seeds...if I ever get them. Ordered on 4/3 and receipt said they'd ship on 4/5 (the usual 24-48 hr allotment). I hadn't received anything by 4/13 and the order status didn't say the seeds had been shipped either. So I called and was told they would be shipped next week! As in the week of 4/17. 14 days after ther order was placed. Probably going to be too late to plant seed by the time I get them considering shipping itself will take 1 week too."

2017-03-18

Pay full price on damaged items!

"I purchased some heavy duty 1020 perma nest seed trays on parkseed.com and they arrived damaged. My error was that I did not inspect the package within 48 hours. My initial thought was, I have ordered these trays through Fedco seeds in the past and Ive never had an issue. On seed planting day, I removed the trays from the box and noticed they arrived damaged, but still usable. The box it arrived in was large and filled with bubble popcorn. The trays had enough room for movement during shipment. I called customer service, and i alerted the customer service clerk that my order exceeded the 48 hours. She had me go through a long process where I was on the phone for over 15 minutes . She then tells me that there is nothing they could do. She stated "The trays were still usable so there is no need to refund you the money and you exceeded the 48 hour time limit." I understand not reimbursing the full amount for the trays or replacement but I shouldn't have to pay full price for something that arrived damaged regardless If the 48 hour mark has been exceeded. There motto should be " If we send you items that are damaged its okay because you can still use it.""

2016-05-29

Don't order they sent DEAD products

"Of all the different companies I have ordered from Parks is by far the worst products that I have ever received, 2 out of 10 trees were alive, they also didn't send the trees I ordered, they substituted trees I would never have ordered, ALL the more reason to buy my future orders from Gurney's, their products are always first rate, alive, healthy, and they send what I ordered."

2016-05-26

Beware!!!

"I truly wish I could give zero stars to this company. I placed an order for tomato plants on 4/27/2016 and as of today (5/26/2016) I have not received them. I called their office today and was told the plants could be shipped as late as 6/10/2016. When I placed the order, their website indicated these plants would be shipped beginning 5/16/2016. Today when I checked their website, it shows these plants "now shipping" Why is their customer service department saying one thing and their website saying another? Maybe they don't know what truthful means!

I live in Ohio which has a limited growing season so young plants received in the middle of June, if they survive the summer heat, would not have time to mature and produce many tomatoes by the end of the growing season. With this in mind, I requested that my order be cancelled and my money refunded. The response I received was: "Unfortunately we cannot cancel your order". I asked to speak to a supervisor and after several minutes of stalling, Jessica finally connected me to Chantra who said she was a supervisor but again said she could not cancel my order. She did offer a solution; Refuse the order when it arrives and it will be returned to their vendor. Their vendor will in turn notify them that the order was refused and then they would refund my money...sometime in July or August. I said I did not want to wait 2-3 months to get my money back and asked to speak with her supervisor, Brad. Unfortunately, Brad (and all of the other upper management people) was in a meeting and would have to call me back. I will contact my credit card company to see about getting my money back.

In doing some research on the internet, I discovered that Park's Seed has had a long history of not being dependable when it comes to fulfilling internet orders. And their customer service stinks!

I ordered from them last year and had no problems so based on that, I would say you have a 50/50 shot at getting your plants! Beware!

2016-05-25

Huge letdown

"I was very excited to expand my garden and try growing asparagus for the first time. After checking out many places I settled on parkseed. They advertise great healthy products with a guarantee, but that's not what they demonstrate. I placed an order on 4/22, received shipping notification on 5/2 and finally received the shipment on 5/10. I was worried as the roots were very dry so I followed the provided instructions, hoping they weren't goners. After gently pulling the roots and bundles apart and untangling, I discovered some of the roots actually had fuzzy mold on them and even some of the individual roots began to rot. I've called but they only have business hours during my working hours which makes it extremely difficult to break away and call their customer service. I've sent emails with no responses and I'm worried I'm just out the money, and stuck with moldy, useless roots. Lesson learned, always read reviews for everything... Just a lousy experience for something I was so excited about. What a let down."

2016-05-19

Bad Product, Terrible Customer Service. Don't Buy from Park Seed!

"Park Seed claims to guarantee its seeds, but this is misleading. I purchased three packets of Feverfew seeds from them in the fall (300 seeds) and they were all duds! I invested in good grow lights and a seed heating mat to grow three different types of seed (two were from other companies). With optimal growing conditions, all of my seeds sprouted EXCEPT FOR THE PARK SEEDS. When I called to request a refund, they refused me, stating their guarantee only covers six months. Not only do they not specify this, but if you order seeds in the fall, you will not have time to find out they are bad seeds until it is past the six months. This is an untrustworthy company with poor quality products. Stay away! "

2016-03-26

Park Seed No Thanks.

"Just sharing yet another "awesome" Park Seed experience. I ordered several seed packets, waited a reasonable amount of time, and still nothing. Finally got annoyed and called them. Seeds hadn't even shipped a week later. They told me that they were waiting for one item that was out of stock.
BS. I was told they would ship them out express, and would send the last item when they came in.
Again BS. Waited some more and after 10 days I called to tell them never mind, forget my order.
Was then told they had shipped them. Long story short, the order took two weeks to get here, the seeds that were "out of stock" were available, but was of course never shipped. Add that my only other order from them nearly six months ago resulted in seeds that would not germinate. I have gardened for 30 plus years, I know how to germinate seeds. According to Park Seed you are entitled to a refund. I called, was told sure thing and sorry. Right. Just to have no credit posted. Called back several days later, was told "oh yes its been posted, call your credit card company. Funny thing is, the very next day I get an email from Park Seed saying they have credited my account. Amazing coincidence. Don't buy anything from them, they are dumb as rocks. And their customer service skills are sorely lacking. Never again.

2016-03-09

Horrible company to deal with

"I can't give an opinion regarding their products because after almost 3 weeks, two phone calls and several emails, I have yet to receive my order. They keep prolonging it, saying allow more time. Supposedly my order shipped on Feb. 25 via usps, but according to the tracking number, and a local postal worker, it was never received. Not sure if I'll ever get my order or a refund. "

2015-09-24

"Be advised that if the plants you order do not produce (no flowers on annuals) Park Seed requires that you notify them within two weeks of the plants being shipped to you. After that time the company's philosophy is 'Too bad, so sad, I have your money. Now go away'."

2015-06-16

"The sorriest and worst company I have ever dealt with, this company does not carry about the customer but only about ripping people off. They do not stand behind their products they sell and they give you the run around when there is an problem like seeds failing to germinate. I have been gardening for more than 20 years but never have done business with this sorry company until this year but now I know to never do business with this sorry company."

2015-06-05

"HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.... this is the WORST customer service I have ever had... I don't have time to write all the detail but have include my actual chat with their customer service..

You are now chatting with 'Terri'

Terri: Hello. How may I assist you today?

Jacki Ostgard: I am so frustrated, I tried to order the topaz ice plants yesterday for $2.50 but when I entered in the free shipping code it said it didn't exist

Jacki Ostgard: now I missed the $2.50 deal and the code is STIll not working

Terri: They are $2.99 and you can sign up for our newsletter on the website and use code PK22333 for free shipping on orders of $40 or more.

Jacki Ostgard: They were $2.50 yesterday it was a special daily deal. I did sign up for your news letter already but it says on your front banner to use FREESHIP39

Terri: FREESHIP39 ended yesterday. Use PK22333 and they are 2.99 now which is still a great deal.

Jacki Ostgard: I did try to use that code yesterday and it wouldn't accept it. I am ordering 12-15 plants so even though it it's only .50 it adds up when order that many plants...

Terri: What is the order sub-total?

Jacki Ostgard: 39.83 at this point, I may add more

Jacki Ostgard: I just wanted to do the chat as soon as I could

Terri: You can use the PK22333 when you get to $40 for the free shipping.

Jacki Ostgard: So, you can't do anything to make up the $6 more I am going to have to pay because I missed the deal yesterday?

Jacki Ostgard: $6 or more

Terri: What do you mean $6 more?

Jacki Ostgard: $6 or more, depending on how many plant I order, I am for sure getting 12, since your system didn't' accept the code I was using yesterday I now have to pay $6 more...

Terri: Unfortunately, that promotion is over and the system won't recognize the code anymore.

Jacki Ostgard: Well, can you give me a credit, gift card or something? I guess I was hoping for a little better customer service. Usually in a situation like this a professional company would do something in return to make up for the inconvenience of their system error...

Terri: Did you call yesterday when the code didn't work?

Jacki Ostgard: No, it was 10:30pm at night.....

Terri: As a customer courtesy, I will give you free shipping.

Jacki Ostgard: Here is the deal either you are a company that understands the value of good customer service or your not... I don't have time to keep going rounds with you. I would have expected you to offer to make this right, from the beginning... Thank you for you assistance, I will contact your management and post a review online

Your chat transcript will be sent to jacki.o@allstate.com at the end of your chat

Share Park Seed Company's store rating

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member
Park Seed Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!