Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I only found out their low rating after ordering a fig tree from them, but I was pleasantly surprised that my order was shipped quickly. The packing was good and the tree came looking healthy and in very good condition. This is my limited experience, but so far it is good."

modified review This review was modified by maxharryjohnson on October 22 2014 10:34:33 PM

" I too ordered seeds from Park Seed. I took advantage of the free shipping. It was over $55.00 in seeds. I was looking for seeds for a certain plant and I found it here. I bought 6 packs of the seeds (2 each for colors available) and was going to divide the seeds between friends. There was supposed to be 25 seeds in each pack. When I received the order, I started to divide the seeds up and there was only 12 seeds in one pack. After trying to divide the 6 packs of seeds, I was short 32 seeds. So that alerted me to the other seeds I purchased, and every package was at least 8 seeds short. Might not seem like a lot but I paid for the count on the package and did not expected to be cheated out of seeds. I have contacted customer service twice and it's the same answer. We will contact you within 48 hour. It has been a month and nothing. They keep sending me emails on their sales and this truly strikes a nerve. Very disappointing for a company that use to be great, returned questions and concerns within 24 hours and did not cheat you out of seeds."

modified review This review was modified by LindaLG on May 29 2014 02:27:20 PM

"Placed a nearly $300.00 order for annual plants in April. Third week of May, I had no plants. Sent e-mails, called company twice. Finally they assured me my orders would arrive May 30th or the 31st. On the 31st, I watched for the UPS truck to stop, but it drove by - didn't stop. I again called Park Seed, asked to speak to the supervisor. I explained my plants never arrived. She checked all my orders & then told me I WOULD NOT RECEIVE THEM - something about having problems with the supplier. I was dumb founded & furious that I had not NEVER received an e-mail from them explaining the situation. That was my first & last time dealing with Park Seed. NEVER AGAIN! I will continue to buy local."

modified review This review was modified by Carolyn Mary on June 01 2013 07:46:55 PM

"Park Seed is some kind of scam.

I ordered my seeds online almost a month ago, and they still haven't arrived.

17 days after I ordered my seeds, I emailed customer service and was assured that they would be shipped in "a few days". After "a few days," I decided to call, and spoke with very polite customer service rep. She was very apologetic and assured me that she personally would see that the seeds would ship asap. A week later, (thats 25 days after I ordered, I still have no seeds).

The great irony in this is that this isn't your typical internet scam. They answer emails and answer the phone, and they are extremely polite and compassionate about the my frustrations. The problem is, the product never arrives.

"Ordered about 70 dollars of seed pots, a greenhouse dome, and seeds. 10 days later it still had not shipped. I contacted their online chat, and was told that one item was on back order till next week, so they were holding the entire order. She apologized and said she would get the order out asap less the back order item, which would ship separately. I asked for an upgrade in shipping due to the delay, she said OK and would upgrade shipping to priority.
After I spoke with her, I checked the online catalog which showed that the item she said was on back order for a another week was listed as being "ready to ship" Lie number one. They don't keep their inventory updated to the online store.
At the end of the business day, I saw that the order still had not shipped. Lie Number two.
I sent a request to cancel the entire order for a total refund. I will be contacting my CC company asap. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. It's too bad since I had ordered from them a couple of years ago and had great service.

"I placed an online order just shy of $50 in early January, 2012. While back online Jan 21st (too check status of my order) I noticed a free shipping offer for orders over $50-I contacted their online customer service and inquired if I could purchase a couple additional items to bring my total up in order too take advantage of the free shipping and was told I could. On the second order I left directions too combine with original order and apply free shipping code. They processed the second order and shipped it with it's own shipping charges. When I found this out I immediately contacted their customer service (Oxymorons) Their story was that since the order had shipped they could not combine invoices. Even after I told them that their online rep had told me I could. Their next angle was that my original order was placed before the free shipping offer and therefore ineligible. Evidently the free shipping offer ran only a couple days or hours! I pointed out that they had shipped the second order before the first and requested refunds of the shipping fees-they refused. I will be refusing both orders-we'll see how long it takes them to credit my charge card. In the past I have purchased their seeds and had been happy with selection/performance. They have now lost yet another customer thru their inept customer (dis)service."

"Be warned this company is practicing unethical (possibly illegal) practices holding your money while they never plan to ship your merchandise & then taking forever to refund your credit card. **** Buyer Beware ****

I ordered some seeds on 3/2/09 on the internet. It informed me that they would ship in the next 2 weeks. When 2 weeks passed I checked the online status and it said "shipping soon". I called them and they said it was back-ordered and would ship Friday. 10 weeks later they are still saying the same thing. They did ship the "free gift" right away so that they could charge me the shipping and order fee right away while I endlessly wait for the product I really want. When I called on 5/18/09 to cancel my order since I was never going to receive it they said it would take 30 days for my credit card to be refunded. Can you believe this for a product that was never shipped. I am notifying Visa of this practice and encourage everyone to do the same. The best way to prevent a company like this from operating is to keep Visa/MC from allowing them to use their credit cards.

"Ordered seeds from Park Seeds on January 10th. It's March 19th and only 1 of the 3 packages of seeds have arrived. 3 emails to Park Seeds have gone unresponded to (in my opinion, not responding to emails is a major indicator of the quality of the company). I've called twice, and each time they've said the seeds will ship in 2 weeks, but that has turned out to not be the case. They are not very responsive or caring. Would not recommend. "

"Ordered product from this company (plants) and after waiting for some time had to contact them to check status. They quickly charged the credit card and took the money, but didn't expect the plants for months. Asked to cancel the order and for a refund. They indicated my credit card would be credited within 30 days. On day 31 after still receiving no credit I tried to contact Park. At this point they just failed to respond. Stay away from these crooks."

modified review This review was modified by jryan66 on July 11 2008 09:15:43 AM

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Park Seed Company is not a merchant member
Park Seed Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!