Product & services pricing Rating 7.68/10 7.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"I ordered a pencil barrel premium upper, bolt assembly and charging handle for a light weight build for my wife. Items shipped separately and I received separate email tracking notices. Everything was top notch. Received everything in about 3 weeks. Everything functions well. They are known to be slow at shipping and I accept that vs comparable quality from another vendor with quicker processing. The cost savings is worth it. IF I needed things in a hurry, I would go someplace else and pay more for the same quality. If I want high quality at the best price, I will return to PSA. Good job guys. No, I did not write this for them. I am a Kansas gun club member and active in shooting sports, NRA life member etc. I wrote this after reading the negative reviews on this web site. Slow, yes. Good quality, yes. Excellent prices, yes."

modified review This review was modified by leadmark on July 09 2014 11:08:41 AM

"Service is pathetic. I have ordered from them several times before, and shipping is always SLOW! But now they have outdone themselves. First, I called them after waiting 3 weeks for the items to ship - no resolution. After 4-1/2 weeks, less than half my order shipped. Then, I get an e-mail 2 weeks later saying they didn't have the rest, and blaming their computer conversion (funny, other stores seem to be able to pull off conversions). Since the shipping charge was based on the entire order, I asked for a refund on the shipping. Did not get it. Also, though they claim my credit card has been credited, it has not. I will NEVER order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by OldGuyToo on July 08 2014 07:04:20 AM

"Hate the experience with Palmetto State Armory so far. The Google business page shows them open today from 10-7. I'm trying to get ahold of them to find out why my order hasn't shipped. I sent an e-mail to info@ 4 days ago with no reply. The order says Processing. If I spend $250 to $300 to a company that says an item is in-stock, I expect the item to be shipped soon, the e-mails replied to and no excuses. As of yet, I haven't even had an opportunity to hear an excuse. Terrible customer service."

"Like most of the others, my order is now about 10 days old and no sign of the shipment going out. Like most of the other posts here reflecting their non existent customer service, no response to my e-mail requests for an update. As I have one order for ammunition and one order for a shotgun outstanding with no movement on their end, I will be hard pressed to do business with PSA again in the future. Also, as many of the folks I work with look to me for guidance on good companies for ammunition and firearms, I could not in good conscience be able to recommend PSA to any of them.

As for the comments from Jonnyv_42, it appears that he may have read the policies but didn't have what it took to understand the policies. The policies say that the orders will ship within 5 business days for everything but firearms and firearms will ship within 10 business days. Before he comments in the future he should "STFU" and make sure he understands the policies before berating others for documenting PSAs failure to follow their own documented policies.

I can certainly wait for the items to arrive, but when a company doesn't follow their own written policies / information, then you have to wonder if they actually had the items in stock. I had a previous experience with a company that I had ordered from many times with no issues. Suddenly on one (the last) order, slow shipment, slow responses to e-mails, many excuses, then suddenly nothing. I found out through some checking that the company had failed and everyone tied to it disappeared. Due to my documentation and attempts to resolve the matter my credit card company quickly resolved my dispute in my favor and cleared the charge off my card. You never know what kind of financial situation a company is in and their failure to maintain a decent level of customer service requires customers take actions to protect themselves.

modified review This review was modified by FedLawDawg on July 03 2014 12:19:56 AM

"I have ordered extensively from PSA and never had any issues BECAUSE I read their policy on shipping and billing.
If you are shopping around for inexpensive, they are great (and good quality as well) but really if it doesn't show up your house in 3 days you get all whiny like a bunch of children.
If you want it now goto your locally overprice gun store and buy it, otherwise suck it up and deal with their policies. If you have a real complaint contact the BBB, otherwise STFU.

modified review This review was modified by jonnyv_42 on June 29 2014 02:27:13 AM

"First off, I ordered 3 items in two orders. Two items arrived in a very short order of time (like 3 days). These items are excellent (made by PSA) as far as quality goes, and for that aspect of this experience, I am very satisfied. However, the issues lie in PSA's customer service & order system.

One of the orders was marked indicating that all pieces of the order had shipped. I was expecting it all to come that day, only to find myself worried that, hey, the $500+ rifle kit I ordered wasn't there when I got home - just the smaller part of the order. So, after calling in and being on hold for 10+ minutes, and then being put on hold for another 2+ minutes by a CSA rep who seemed completely confused/unprepared to accept a call, finally informed me that these kits are "made to order" (in spite of it being a completely non-custom kit they offer that should by all accounts be already made and ready to ship - I suspect they just ran out of stock but were unwilling to say it plainly).

So, first, my credit card had been charged in full for an order that was effectively on backorder - one black mark. Second, the order tracking system indicated that both parts had shipped even though they had not - second black market. And finally, while the item in question had not shipped, the price dropped by $40. By policy on PSA, I could have canceled my order and reordered for that lower price - I figured it would be easier to just ask for a partial refund (common practice for retailers this day and age). Their response? "Sorry, we can't do partial refunds for price drops beyond 24 hours." Ok... so a customer can cancel an unshipped item and reorder, but they won't just issue a partial refund ...?

So, that's that. Bad customer service all around, bad order/tracking system (charged in full for something on backorder), and horrifyingly inconsistent shipping speeds. God forbid customers be well-informed about what's going on with their hundreds, sometimes thousand+ dollar orders!

PSA makes great quality parts at the price point, but unfortunately, their customer service makes them a very iffy place to buy from. Make your own choice based on the feedback available!

modified review This review was modified by reside on June 24 2014 11:48:16 AM

"Update: I just received an email with an apology and said it will be corrected. I will update again when it arrives.

Original review:
I ordered (2) two of item #28763- Stripped Blemished AR 15 Upper Receiver. and other smaller parts. WHen I opened the package, the two upper receiver and one of the smaller parts were missing. The invoice encolsed did NOT explain any reason why it was missing. I have emailed and called but its a little early to judge because no response has been given yet. It looks like I may have to go through my credit card company to get my money back. What a hassle. I will definitely Not order from them again.

modified review This review was modified by xrayne1 on June 23 2014 02:57:36 PM

"being new to the AR family of manufacturers and products - I wanted to read their reviews first before ordering.

I have to ay - I am extremely disappointed but their lack of customer service AND the fact that hey will charge my debit card immediately upon ordering and not ACTUALLY shipping out the product. Highly uaccptable in business practices normally (unless custom made item) and one that I will not endorse!

I have to say - I am not that impressed with what I have heard HERE - and being their are many AR kits being made - it sound to me that THIS company isn't 'for me.

"Good prices on some things but order fulfillment is the slowest I've ever seen. Customer service and communication is very poor. I've emailed them twice and never got a response either time. They will charge your credit card instantly but won't ship out for over 7 business days. If you want your order to go into the abyss, buy from these dudes. I still haven't rec'd my order and have no idea if or when it will ship. I'll just keep my fingers crossed I guess."

"I ordered online when they had one of their holiday free shipping deals. The deal had technically expired the day before, but the banner on the front page hadn't been taken down yet, so it's nice they honored the advertised free shipping even though I was aware it shouldn't have been there.
Prior to ordering I looked into their customer reviews and found it was shipping (specifically the free shipping events like this one) that garnered the majority of complaints. However, for the cheapest price per round online for what I wanted AND free shipping, I was ok with it taking up to a month to arrive.
The order was shipped within 3 working days of placing the order, and arrived on my doorstep just shy of a total of 11 days after placing the order. Ammo was packed well with plastic wrap holding the boxes together, then surrounded with paper packing material on all sides. For the purchase price and free shipping I feel the speed in which I received my order was very reasonable.

"I Ordered a lower from PSA over 2 weeks ago. They charged my card instantly which i was ok with; however the confirmation indicated that they were going to ship it to my house rather than to my FFL. I called the company waited the 20 min on hold just to have someone tell me that I needed to contact my FFL and have them send over their FFL number to them. I called my FFL and they said that they could not do that and that PSA would need to contact them first. So I called PSA back waited another 20 min on hold just to have the Customer service agent transfer me to Compliance. Once i was sent to Compliance i got a message that said no one can take my call at the moment and that the mail box is full. I wanted to be connected to someone else however after that message it just hung up on me. So i called back again for a 3rd time and waited another 20 min to talk with someone. The lady was very nice and told me that she would call to get everything taken care of. 3 days go by and i finally here back from my FFL that they spoke with PSA. At this point everything should be good to go. I have waited another week waiting for shipping confirmation however it has now been almost 3 weeks since i placed my order so i made another call to PSA. After about 15 min on hold i got through to a customer service agent and he told me that the reason it hasnt been shipped is because he doesnt see the FFL number in the system. He gave me the number to compliance and told me I had to call them. I called compliance and had to leave a message. I told them the situation over a message and asked them to call me back. about 20 min later I got a UPS email saying that a UPS Ticket for my package has been made. I will give them 1 more week but if i do not get my goods by the end of this week i will be getting my money back. I will also never order from these guys again."

modified review This review was modified by vpwaxman on April 14 2014 07:58:28 AM

"I'm not a review writer but feel compelled. I've ordered from PSA more than a few times. Excellent, high quality products, very reasonable prices (the mark-up on these types of products from other companies can be absurd) and reliable. I trust them. The knock on them is their slow shipping. This is a fair criticism. However, they acknowledge this openly. If you are patient, PSA is the way to go. If you are in a hurry about a particular item it is o.k. to order from another company. I give PSA 5 stars."

modified review This review was modified by byeing on March 29 2014 10:00:06 AM

"The other reviews of slooooowww shipping are dead on. These guys are clearly overselling their inventory. They are quick to charge your card but way to slow to ship. Because of an unusual error notice followed by a confirmation, I called to verify the order was received, after a very long phone hold, I was assured that my order was received and reserved against their stock supply.

Website said up to five days to ship. Ten days later, I called to say I had not received a shipment notice. They apologized and said they were very busy and working overtime and they were actually filling orders from my order date that very day. Also that I should see a tracking order by the end of that day, if not, then before the weekend was out (this was on Friday). I called today (Monday) and was told "I am very sorry, it should have already shipped, but we had an inventory error, we just received word that we will be getting a new shipment in today. Then we can fill your order". The momentary hesitation in his voice led me to believe it was a rehearsed line. I have a strong feeling this is common practice for them.

I don't believe they intend to not ship the order, just that due to the ammo shortage, they are taking advantage of the general market desperation and knowingly overselling their stock. Counting on people being willing to hang in there and wait until they get another shipment to fill the last oversold order.

They should do their long-term business a favor and just be straight with people. Just like every other bogus, self perpetuated shortage in business history, this one too will pass. When it does, people will remember those businesses that acted in an honorable and ethical way. They will also remember those that tried to grab all they could, jerking people around in the process.

Update: I called again today (Tuesday 11 March) to inquire and was told there was a delay in shipping from their supplier and my order should be shipped by the end of the week. I requested a refund and also told them it was my intention to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was told they were cancelling my order and was assured my refund for the full amount was being processed immediately and to allow 3 to 5 business days for my bank to release the funds. After reading all of the other reviews about this business, I will remain skeptical until I see the money back in my account. I will update as soon as (if) I see a refund.

modified review This review was modified by cjboise on March 11 2014 04:27:58 PM

"long long hold time, very un-user-friendly email, and you can never leave voice mail even though they encourage it. on the other hand the people are good and take care of things if you reach someone. great stuff and great place if you don't have to call them. "

modified review This review was modified by edalbtri on February 01 2014 10:37:01 AM

"Its a cool clean store but their customer service sucks. So horrible. It seems like if you sent buying a firearm you won't get help with your questions. I had lots of questions regarding to buying a rail system for my AR but they wouldn't even help me. I won't return to them again"

modified review This review was modified by Swquish205 on January 20 2014 08:43:49 AM

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!