Stores > Palmetto State Armory

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.87/10 0.87/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10

Coupon Cheats

"Just made a purchase at the new Palmetto State Armory in Summerville SC. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more, but the cashier would only take $9 and change off the purchase price. She said it was because their computers are"messed up." There also seems to be a lot of people working there who don't know much about the products in the store. ****'s Sporting Goods shouldn't lose much business to PSA in Summerville."

Terrible Experience with Palmetto State Armory

"Palmetto State Armory
(803) 724-6950

I placed an order with Palmetto State Armory on August 4th 2016. The parts that I ordered were listed as ‘In Stock’ on the website. After 5 days, I submitted an email requesting the status of my order. I did not receive a reply to my email. I ended up sending 4 more emails between August 9th and the 11th without any reply. During this time I also tried calling every day. I looked up multiple phone numbers on the internet. Each time I attempted to call, the numbers went directly to a busy signal.
After no luck with phone and email, I tried Palmetto State Armory Facebook page and posted my issue there. They didn’t contact me, but I did learn something on their Facebook page. After posting my issue, other folks on Facebook stated that they had the same problem. Palmetto was taking peoples orders and not shipping or replying to phone or email.

At this point, I ran out of options and opened a case with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and my Credit Card company. My Credit Card company also tried to contact Palmetto State without any luck. They ended up crediting back my account within 24 hours.

Then on August 18th , 14 days after my original order, Dylan D. from Palmetto State replied to one of my 5 emails. This is what he said.

“For your future reference, we take all emails in the order received. When you reply to a thread without getting a reply from us, the system reads the most recently sent email to set your date. I apologize for the long wait in getting replied to. ”

- It shouldn’t take 14 days to receive an email response
- The phone number should work
- I shouldn’t need to open claims with the BBB and my credit card company to get merchandise shipped
- Their customer support needs a lot of work

Subjective Opinion:
- I’m not sure if Palmetto State Armory would have shipped by order had I not opened the claims with BBB and the Credit Card company

Worst customer service

"Called to check availability of a shotgun on several occasions. Never got connected to a representative. Total waste of time. Emailed and received no reply. Customer service is nonexistent and they do not care. Bought a shotgun from Academy Sports. "

NEVER RECEIVED. After paying and waiting 15 days was told NOT IN STOCK and I was OUT OF LUCK

"I received an email ad from Palmetto Armory and they had a side charging upper for $400, so I bought it and a few days later saw where the order was listed as "completed" on the website. A few days after that it listed it as "shipped" by UPS but didn't have a tracking number. So I sent an email asking for the tracking number. After a couple days they told me that "someone" made a mistake and they didn't have any more to send me.

I told them I had bought a lower and a high end trigger to put in this AR that I couldn't return. They basically told me that it wasn't their problem, and they didn't have any more of the uppers and that was the end of that.

I know from lots of other purchases from them, they aren't much for customer service but this is just unbelievable.

It goes without saying, it will be a cold day in hell when I buy anything from them again. I've spent about 5K with them in the last year. I was surprised about how cavalier they were about it - basically like: "tough ****".

This review was modified by watchedclock on September 30 2016 11:46:22 AM

Great transaction on VP9

"I ordered an H&K VP9 from them last week, and it showed up at my local FFL 4 business days after I placed the order. The weapon was as advertised, brand new in its original packaging.

Given that I live in a state where there is a 3 business day waiting period (from the time of purchase) I consider this to have been an excellent transaction, I would do business with them again.

This review was modified by VIslor on September 30 2016 08:49:10 AM

Horrible shipping, long hold times

"They forgot to ship an order. It took a phone call with a 30 minutes hold time and an email to get a response. Once they got around to try to ship the order it was out of stock by that time. Much better vendors to buy from. Palmetto State Armory is VERY disorganized."

This review was modified by Wizzard11 on September 14 2016 12:27:12 PM

Real Vendor or Scammers? Will not do business again

"I ordered a complete upper kit from them 3 weeks ago online and they charged my card immediately.

1 week later, no info on status or shipping. I called customer service and number disconnected. Playing phone extension roulette I finally got to someone who told me they were swamped and would ship. 2 weeks later, back from my vacation, no merchandise and no email. I cancelled my order via my credit card vendor and ordered from Brownells which happened to have a similar kit for $20 cheaper with free shipping. Never again.

This review was modified by socalwaterman on September 05 2016 02:40:24 PM

Horrible company

""Tree emails I have sent to Palmetto State 4 calls I wait 50 minutes no body answer the phone Armory customer service asking either they ship my product or refund my money (purchase was a "blemished" lower receiver and in-stock at the time I ordered it). I have not received any reply and their phone number is discon horrible company don't waste your time and money on this place "

This review was modified by Jjchewy on September 01 2016 07:21:19 PM

Worst service ever

"I am a patient customer but lack of communication is one thing that I find inexcusable. Placed my first order online. Received an email "thanks for your order". When I went back to the website, no record of purchase, says "no orders were placed". Called several times but phones are down. Sent email. No response to that. Phones a retail outlet and told they would forward my message and no response. They ****. If you are one who had a great experience, then more power to you. Don't dismiss those who never got the service you did."

This review was modified by DrDuc on September 01 2016 02:20:14 PM

2016.08.25 - copy of my email to Palmetto State Armory about their horrible customer service and no reply...

"Two emails I have sent to Palmetto State Armory customer service asking either they ship my product or refund my money (purchase was a "blemished" lower receiver and in-stock at the time I ordered it). I have not received any reply and their phone number is disconnected.

(August 25, 2016)
I have not received a reply to my email below, and for the past 3 days your customer service phone number has been disconnected, what is the status of my order and/or refund?

(August 23, 2016)
I am writing to inquire about order number 2102107427 and delivery information. This lower receiver was ordered 18 days ago and it still has not shipped. It is a blemished lower and was said to be in-stock so I do not understand the delay in shipping. I called about the item on August 18, 6 days ago, and after being on hold for 28 minutes I was told it was scheduled to ship that same day. Checking today I see it still has not shipped. I have tried to call the customer service line 3 times today and it says the Verizon wireless I am calling is not in service?

I am extremely disappointed in the customer service and request that if the item cannot be shipped by the end of day tomorrow (August 24) that you cancel the purchase and refund my money.

Please respond and let me know if the item will ship the FFL below tomorrow or if you will refund my money.

This review was modified by wmrobins on August 25 2016 07:42:30 AM

"you put in an order and basically pray it comes in. no telling where your money goes for the 2 months you wait for your product. you can't call them because their phone line is "disconnected". emails don't work because I guess their too lazy to reply to them. then they'll try to charge you twice by sending a random email saying "your order isn't complete".... they can send that but not reply to my email... "

Immediate charge on my account, 3 weeks later order still "processing"

"I think I have had enough, this is my last time dealing with PSA. It has been 3 weeks since I ordered 2 BCG's on a daily deal. Of course I was immediately charged but sadly they do not ship orders as fast as they charge you account. There is really no effective method in place to communicate with them about the expected shipping date. I guess the only upside to this is that when I finally do receive my product, I will literally be surprised because I am sure by then I will have forgotten what it was that I ordered."

Great product, terrible customer service

"I ordered the Magpul MOE K2 lower parts kit from PSA and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and ease of use for this product. Although the product was excellent, I will not shop here again as it took 14 days for my order to process, and 22 days for my order to arrive. When it did arrive, it needed to be picked up from UPS becausd PSA used an incorrect shipping address. I called customer support 3 times for information on my order, and each week they told me there was a delay due to the company switching to new software or new computer systems. As it turns out, everyone that calls into PSA for the last few years is told a similar story - based on other customer reviews. This is dishonest and unprofessional. I will not be shopping here again."

This review was modified by Smpoirier12 on August 22 2016 11:23:50 PM

Horrible company, avoid at all costs

"This place is just a joke. They had their order fulfillment completely down for well over a week but did nothing to notify customers in advance. They still took orders and immediately charged credit cards but did not ship at all and did not communicate that they would not ship. They did not respond to any emails for well over a week either during this time! Then, weeks later, they finally send a mail saying they were down and they're sorry. But they made no attempt to make it up to customers. Just really really bad people to deal with. "

This review was modified by Stown2k on August 22 2016 08:39:33 PM

No one must works there

"I placed my order on 8-5-16. As of today 8-22-16 I still don't have a shipping notice for something I was told was in stock. When I try to call the phone never rings, just get a message they aren't accepting calls at this time, I have emailed several times and have not gotten a response...but I can get 2 sales flyer emails a day from them for inventory they obviously can't ship..... Does anyone work there"

Share Palmetto State Armory's store rating

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!