Stores > Palmetto State Armory

Product & services pricing Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.85/10 1.85/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
Voice your opinion! Review Palmetto State Armory by clicking a star below.
2017-04-02

Cheap Defected parts.

"Trigger won't reset, 4MOA @75yrds"

2017-03-17

Not a good experience.

"Im not gonna waste a lot of time on this review. THEY HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS PERIOD. End of review. "

2017-03-15

No Customer Service

"Ordered two 715t magazines. Items arrived lacking the loader cap that was pictured and described. Sent two emails to customer service. Never got a response. Multiple attempts to call customer service with wait times of 30-45 minutes. When I finally got a person, they emailed me a return label and said they will send new when available. Waited weeks with no response. Tried calling at least six times and waited up to 45 minutes without getting thru. Called today right when they opened. Waited on hold for ten minutes before I got a person. She said that I should have received a response that the order had been cancelled and that their customer service and email system were totally overloaded. The frustration of dealing with them totally outweighs the low cost. Will never deal with them again. "

2017-03-09

PSA has blown me away; DON'T BELIEVE THE COMPLAINTS!

"I can't speak for everyone, but my experience with these guys has been flawless.

I sold my first AR-15 when I had some unexpected bills to pay. I had pruchased a very basic del-ton flat top model, which, after some time with it, had many features that i had come to dislike: front sight post, barrel profile, bayonet lug, plastic carbine length hand guard, etc. Customizing to ideal features was proving too much of an investment (almost $1,000) for a "bargain" rifle, so I was wanting an opportunity to start fresh anyway.

A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to start looking for that new beginning, and heard a few comments about how affordable Palmetto State Armory was, so I decided to check them out. I browsed through their deals and confirmed just this: that their prices couldn't be touched.

It wasn't until this last weekend, however, that I was convinced that it was absolutely time to buy; they had their "Freedom Rifle" kit with Magpul M-lok accessories for just $499 (reg. $799), which included everything but a blank lower (Anderson lowers @$49.99). I counted it up, and the Magpul parts alone (mbus, free-float 12" handguard, buttstock, grip, enhanced trigger guard) retails at almost $400 by themselves. There is easily close to a total of $1,000 worth of parts here in this kit if you don't shop carefully or wind up with redundancies.

Yet, being conscious of the online gun market, I first did some research on PSA before buying this sweet kit, and I was nearly swayed by the mountains of negative feedback, primarily regarding their order processing and service: 100's of 1 star reviews due to 30+ days wait time with no customer support, and even fraud charges.

Ultimately, I decided it was worth the risk, and guess what? I received shipment of the rifle kit within 76 HOURS, and I ordered on a Sunday! Packaging was very basic, but 100% effective.

Maybe I'm speshul, I don't know, but getting exactly the setup I wanted at half the expected cost seems like a win to me!

P.S. many people have stated that the fit and finish are rather lackluster, and a "blem" label is applied to many of their discounted items, but I would expect this on a $400-$500 rifle. Material and craftsmanship quality are actually quite good relative to price, and many of these pieces come from that same shops as ones that are fitted to $1k-$2k setups. They are by no means shoddy rifles.

2017-03-06

Warning!!!!

"Below is a review I submitted to Palmetto State Armory for a product I purchased. As of 03/06/2017 they have not published it on there site.

Your Review (submitted on February 27, 2017):
I ordered this product on 12/27/2016. After two returns for repair, five calls to customer service, and seemingly endless waiting I received a functional product on 02/24/2017. Because I live in Oregon it took 9 business days (13 days)for the first shipment and similar durations for the additional 4 times it traveled across the country. Customer Service is a nightmare! The people I spoke with were all courteous and seemingly helpful but they have limited information and knowledge of how to help. This is a management level problem and needs to be fixed.

My first attempt at repair ended with the product sent back in the same condition. This was likely because I did not send a repair order form with the upper. This could be considered my fault except that I asked the representative over the phone if I needed anything additional and he said it was all taken care of on his end.

The second attempt resulted in a canted gas block repaired but not without multiple calls as to the status of the repair. Turns out the service and repair departments do not communicate so I had more info than the service reps. Additionally, tracking info was not provided, though it was requested, which lead to an extra wait because I needed to sign for the package.

The firearm shoots average and appears to be a quality made product. The kit fits a Spike's lower nicely.

I will not be purchasing anything else from this company until there is a public announcement about a change in management.

2017-03-02

Dont do it.... Dont buy here

"Ordered a m4-ar 15 kit and everything was OK until I wanted to replace the Delta ring..... Was locked on so tight I destroyed the upper just removing the threaded Delta ring.

Talked my buddy into buying a upper from palmetto and it has been a week and still no confirmation for shipment let alone how long it will take to receive the order.

Just my thought. Try out MAS DEFENSE if you want a good deal and fast shipping located in Charlotte way better prices and customer service

2017-02-21

Awesome

"I ordered a complete rifle kit with back up sights,moe furniture and stainless barrel for 399.00 and free shipping on 2/20/2017 it arrived on 2/21/2017 the packaging and finish is awesome I'm very impressed I will buy from them again and recommend them also"

2017-02-13

Worst experience ever

"I bought my husband an AR-15 parts kit 3 weeks ago. It took us about a week and a half to get it and when we finally did the bolt catch spring was missing. After 3 phone calls (each at least a 30 minute hold) and 3 promises that the part would be shipped within 24-48 hours I still have not seen the spring. I went ahead and ordered him one from somewhere else because (of course) he is ready to shoot the gun we paid for. Never buying from them again. "

2017-02-09

No problem here

"I ordered my upper on 31 Jan 17 and got it on 3 February It's in great shape. No issues. Still need to shoot it though. "

2017-02-07

Worst online experience I've ever had

"Bought a barrel that explicitly said was .625 inch diameter. Bought a .625 inch gas block before barrel arrived (which took a long time). Turns out it is a .750 inch barrel! Had to buy a second gas block. I could not return the first one because I already had installed the gas tube.
Now I cannot reach PSA customer service. Over two weeks of emails and 8-10 phone calls (with hold times from 35-65 minutes before giving up) and I have had NO response or answer WHATSOEVER. Many others complain of similar mistakes and the same problems with contacting PSA. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!

2017-01-17

No Christmas with Palmetto State Armory

"I ordered an AR 15 complete upper with free shipping on 12/15/2016. I received the upper on 12/22/2016 when I opened the box and inspected the upper, the end sight towards the front was leaning or canning to the right several degrees. If you think of the barrel as a clock the sight was pointing to the 4 or 5 instead of the 12. I called costumer service spoke with Les. He agreed for PSA to pay for return shipping after much discussion & sent me a UPS label. He said they may replace or repair the item but they would know once they inspected it. I returned in same box without mounting on a lower and firing. I tracked the package & they received it back on 12/30/2016. I have called 3 times having to hold 30 mins or so each time. On 1/6/2017 I called for them to acknowledge they received the item back and the same person (Les) said they had replaced the barrel and tested for accuracy but had no idea when It would be shipped back to me. On 01/11/2016 I called back and again Les still said he had no idea when it would be returned so I asked to speak with his supervisor and I was told she was not available. I asked for him to have her call me and I gave him my phone number or send me a new upper since It had never been mounted or fired!

Today is 01/17/2017 and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CALL OR THE UPPER or had any contact from PSA and they have had item back for 19 days. So I called back today on hold again over 30 mins, I spoke with Mark and he told me it takes 15 business days for the repair that I did not ask for, I asked for a new upper or refund which I did not receive. Hopefully, they will send the upper that I purchased and paid for on 12/15/2016 for a Christmas present for my son when they do I will test fire and update my review so folks will know if they resolved the issue! It certainly won't be in a timely manner.

Waiting patiently,
DonBear

2017-01-13

Your order is important to us

"Ordered upper on dec.14 still haven't received it phone wait times last an hour.
Very disappointed in customer service. Never shopping there again
The only reason I didn't ask for my money back was because it is a gift for my son in law

2017-01-09

Heard good things about PSA, well this isn't one of them

"I had ordered a Blemished PSA AR15 lower on December 12, 2016. Couple days later, I received an email from PSA regarding my FFL transfer and I had my FFL update them then I have not heard from them since!

My card has been charged and processed but not my order. It's still just saying "Processing" on the website. I have contacted info@palmettostatearmory.com as shown on the website on January 2nd, 7th, and the 9th of 2017 and I have not gotten a word back.

I have always heard good things about PSA as a budget friendly AR parts company but this customer service is dismal at best. I'd give PSA no stars if that were possible!

2017-01-09

First, Last, and ONLY time

"Ordered a BCG and charging handle from them on 12/25/16. I had heard they took a while for shipping so was patient. Card got charged the next day, ok; waiting on shipping. Waited 9 days while constantly being bombarded with emails about sales deals. Literally like 10-12 times per day. Still no word on BCG. Called and emailed PSA "customer service" no less than 6 times apiece still with no response. Finally actually talk to a real live human after being on hold on phone for 2.5 hours on just this one call. Keep in mind this is the 6th time I've called. Rep says sorry, we've been very busy and I'll see what I can do. He then tells me they have no record of my order! Really, 'cause you seem to have charged my credit card just fine. I say ok, cancel my order and give me a refund. Also lose my email address and stop with the 50 emails per day about your "deals." He then has the balls to ask me if their is anything he can do to keep my business. Ha ha ha good one dude! Save your money and sanity and go to your local shop if you want to actually get what you've paid for. I will personally NEVER shop from PSA again."

2016-12-30

Still waiting

"So, I ordered 2 complete at-15 upper receivers for Christmas presents totaling just under 1,000$. I had noticed in bold red letters that orders received after 12/15 were not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. So I figured it was the 12th and all would be good. When I had not received it by Christmas, I made a call, which took an hour of being on hold, just to be informed that upper receivers take longer. No where does it inform you of that when ordering, so that was cool, thought I had a pretty good Christmas lined out as I had went to my local gun shop to perchace the lower's and two scopes. It is now the 29th and even thow they told me by phone 5 days ago that it was being shipped out as we spoke, I still have not received the shipping confirmation email that saposedly gets sent according to their web site. I am extremely disappointed as it is now New Years weekend and still no AR to go shooting with."

Share Palmetto State Armory's store rating

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!