Stores > Palmetto State Armory

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-06-27

Not worth the savings

"Honestly their prices are hard to beat, but after my last order 6-13-16, I have decided that its just not worth the wait. I have been ordering AR15 uppers and parts kits from them for many years, I have been satisfied with their prices and the quality of the kits......however you will ALWAYS wait more than two weeks for your stuff to ship. I ordered from Midway and Cheaper than DIrt at the same time I ordered from Palmetto, guess what, I have already received those orders. Palmetto hasn't even shipped yet. Look elsewhere, unless your willing to wait, and wait, and wait to save $20. "

This review was modified by sibbert on June 27 2016 05:59:00 AM

2016-06-25

Slow shipping

"I usually don't write reviews on businesses unless it's worth jotting down.
I placed my order for ammo on June 18th. The item did not say it was on backorder. At checkout I chose standard ground shipping. My conformation email arrived in my inbox soon after without tracking.
Two days ago my tracking info was sent to my email. The product didn't ship until the 23rd.
Why does it take 5 days to ship a simple order!? Ive worked warehousing/shipping for 14 years. I have never seen an order take that long. At least an email from customer service would have been nice. I've seen a few reviews on slow shipping. Hire help or lose customers!

This review was modified by Kenstyles81 on June 25 2016 02:46:25 PM

2016-06-21

Freedom Rifle w/ 1/7 stainless barrel is a tack driver, plus I got free shipping on it

"I don't know what everyone's problem is with PSA. I ordered from them back in November 2015, and I had my upper at my door 2 days later. The same day I got a call from my FFL saying they had my lower. I got it assembled, and for under $600 this thing performs like rifles in the $1,200-$1,500 price bracket. I've put ~500 rounds through it so far, and it shoots sub moa groups @100 yards like a champ.

Yes, they're out of stock on a lot of items according to their website, but they have excellent customer service, and put out an excellent product. If you see something on their site in stock that you need, JUMP ON IT! Do not wait, or you'll likely be S.O.L.

You have to watch their site for deals, and sign up for their email list, as sometimes they offer free shipping like I received

This review was modified by Stoutlagger on June 21 2016 11:44:18 AM

2016-04-14

Beware of the rip off on shipping

"I have ordered from them and they will charge you a flat $17.00 on an upper, if you order 5 uppers you are going to pay $85.00 shipping, I live in Tennessee so the distance is not that far from their plant. The problem I have is that you can ship 5 uppers from S.C. to Tn. for less that half of what they charge. They charge everyone the same price on shipping, so the guy in Ca. pays the same price as the guy Ga., Now you tell me is that is right. I ship every week and the price from Tn. to Ca. is double what it is to a nearby state. I emailed them about the high rate for shipping and was basically told that is how they do it. I had ordered several uppers and lowers and when I went to check out and i confirmed their shipping policy I cancelled the order. I may order one item at a time but I will never buy a large amount of anything from them. I deal with suppliers every day and most are competitive on their shipping policy to get the business but it seems that psa feels they have enough business. They are making a killing on the shipping charges alone. I will take my business elsewhere. "

This review was modified by JohnGD on April 14 2016 12:34:43 PM

2016-04-01

Good luck building a psa10

"Six months ago I purchased two psa10 complete lowers,got the stripped uppers two weeks later. Now I cannot get BCG's. Bolt carrier groups have been TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK ever since. Now I'm stuck with expensive paper weights"

This review was modified by BradBreece on April 01 2016 07:27:43 PM

2016-02-23

Make sure you're home on the day of your delivery!

"Ordered a case of ammo. My house is off of the main road about 60 yds so the drivers have to walk packages up to my house... well, they're supposed to. Sometimes the driver leaves it by my fence line on my driveway, 10ft from the road where it's easy to see by anyone who drives by.
Anyways, never received my shipment so I contacted Palmetto State Flubbery. It took them 3 days to respond via email. I explained the situation and didn't get a response for another couple of days until I threatened to reverse charges on my card, then I got 2 responses from 2 different C.S. people! Both asked if I wanted a refund or a replacement and that they would have to file a claim with UPS. I said I wanted a replacement. A few days later I was called by UPS and explained the situation. They said that they will put in my file that I need to sign for all packages, which I said was fine and which I couldn't understand why that wasn't the case anyways for ammunition.
A week later, still no shipment and no response from the P.S. Armory. I sent an email asking what the status was. I received a response 2 days later asking me to provide my order number.... At that point I had had it. I own an e-commerce site that uses the same software P.S. uses, so I know their system very well. They could log into the Admin Panel, which is used to track all orders, inventory, customers, etc., simply type in my name or email address or phone number and it would have pulled up all of my orders but instead, I was jerked around and asked for my order number... I sent it in anyways, knowing hat it would be a few days until I received a response... I was wrong. It has been a week and still no response so I went to the bank and had the charges reversed.

yesterday was a month since I ordered. A month of jerking me around. I refuse to deal with these idiots ever again. The only reason I bought from them this one time was because they had ammo on sale but I never received it, I was without the $365.50 that was taken out of my account and the aggravation of dealing with these clowns. Never again

This review was modified by WholesaleCabinetsUS on February 23 2016 06:55:24 AM

2015-12-07

"You can't find the price anywhere else. Not because of Black Friday, PSA frequently offers great discount on all products. And to me, the shipping was very fast. It is said that they have very busy business all the time, but I got lucky. It is also said their custom service is a little rough, well, at least they are honest, decent, and fair, not like cheaperthandirt. Overall 5/5 stars!"

2015-12-04

"Great prices. I had a number of issues with them, though. I bought an AR Upper from them. Waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. When it did I discovered that what they sent was their bottom end product, not the much more expensive one I ordered. I honestly think they did this on purpose as they were out of what I ordered. They did refund my order, though (after 3 more weeks). I then gave them another chance, ordering a "scratch and dent" rifle. This arrived without a magazine. When I called, they said that it was because it was a display model. And they were pretty rude in explaining this. I won't shop with them again. A few extra bucks is worth the piece of mind dealing with a reputable dealer."

This review was modified by Mutt1 on December 04 2015 02:49:47 PM

2015-11-24

"PSA does have good deals on a good product. Their customer service and some of their business practices on the other hand really make you feel as a customer that you really don't matter at all to them. They sort of have the 2 window fast food philosophy. "Now that I have your money, I could care less about any problems you might have." I've gotten burned by them 3 times (damaged order, a defective rifle I had to send back, pricing mistakes) and all three times it was murder dealing with their rude CS staff.

I'd rather pay more and get treated like a valued customer then pay less and be treated like a problem at PSA.

2015-09-25

"I ordered a rifle kit upper and blemished lower receiver for an AR-15.

Very impressed with the shipping time and and parts I received.

2015-07-02

"My experience with Palmetto was excellent. Ordered my gun on Friday and it was delivered the next Tuesday in the AM. Emailed them a question and received an answer back the next day. The prices can't be beat"

This review was modified by dlgibb1943 on July 02 2015 04:21:11 PM

2015-06-04

"I went there once looking for a handgun and had to get ugly to get someone to acknowledge that I was there. Their sales service sucks and if you want to see the real deal, just look in the Carolina Trader and see how many PSA ar-15's are trying to be sold. That tells me they have a problem."

This review was modified by skip1215 on June 04 2015 10:13:34 AM

2015-05-24

"I've ordered ammo, accessories and guns from them before. Ive always been pleased with pricing and rapid shipment. The make purchasing great prices guns online really easy. Their ordering process has a well updated list of local gun dealers who are to receive the shipment for me and make it a charm."

2015-05-16

"Extremely slow shipping. I will never order from them again. It's been over a week and my order is still 'processing' and I still am not sure I will even get what I ordered. There support staff is horrible and only answers questions with cut and paste paragraphs from their FAQ."

2015-05-08

"Ordered all parts from several different online venders. I was very disappointed it took them 4 days to ship my single product(Stock Kit), it will arrive 4 days later than every thing else. The REALLY irritating part: When I called in to try and get it shipped sooner or change the deliver to a faster shipping method, they told me it just wasn't possible, That's BS! I asked to speak to the supervisor and was then given to a guys voice mail (unprofessional recording). I was never rude and spoke very clearly, I never heard back. I wish they had customer service, instead of unhelpful people not caring about their only job to do."

Share Palmetto State Armory's store rating

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!