Stores > Palmetto State Armory

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.90/10 0.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.07/10 0.07/10
2017-02-09

No problem here

"I ordered my upper on 31 Jan 17 and got it on 3 February It's in great shape. No issues. Still need to shoot it though. "

This review was modified by furgesonj on February 09 2017 12:45:02 PM

2017-02-07

Worst online experience I've ever had

"Bought a barrel that explicitly said was .625 inch diameter. Bought a .625 inch gas block before barrel arrived (which took a long time). Turns out it is a .750 inch barrel! Had to buy a second gas block. I could not return the first one because I already had installed the gas tube.
Now I cannot reach PSA customer service. Over two weeks of emails and 8-10 phone calls (with hold times from 35-65 minutes before giving up) and I have had NO response or answer WHATSOEVER. Many others complain of similar mistakes and the same problems with contacting PSA. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!

This review was modified by wolf_chris21 on February 07 2017 10:00:01 PM

2017-01-17

No Christmas with Palmetto State Armory

"I ordered an AR 15 complete upper with free shipping on 12/15/2016. I received the upper on 12/22/2016 when I opened the box and inspected the upper, the end sight towards the front was leaning or canning to the right several degrees. If you think of the barrel as a clock the sight was pointing to the 4 or 5 instead of the 12. I called costumer service spoke with Les. He agreed for PSA to pay for return shipping after much discussion & sent me a UPS label. He said they may replace or repair the item but they would know once they inspected it. I returned in same box without mounting on a lower and firing. I tracked the package & they received it back on 12/30/2016. I have called 3 times having to hold 30 mins or so each time. On 1/6/2017 I called for them to acknowledge they received the item back and the same person (Les) said they had replaced the barrel and tested for accuracy but had no idea when It would be shipped back to me. On 01/11/2016 I called back and again Les still said he had no idea when it would be returned so I asked to speak with his supervisor and I was told she was not available. I asked for him to have her call me and I gave him my phone number or send me a new upper since It had never been mounted or fired!

Today is 01/17/2017 and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CALL OR THE UPPER or had any contact from PSA and they have had item back for 19 days. So I called back today on hold again over 30 mins, I spoke with Mark and he told me it takes 15 business days for the repair that I did not ask for, I asked for a new upper or refund which I did not receive. Hopefully, they will send the upper that I purchased and paid for on 12/15/2016 for a Christmas present for my son when they do I will test fire and update my review so folks will know if they resolved the issue! It certainly won't be in a timely manner.

Waiting patiently,
DonBear

This review was modified by donbear on January 17 2017 09:15:03 AM

2017-01-13

Your order is important to us

"Ordered upper on dec.14 still haven't received it phone wait times last an hour.
Very disappointed in customer service. Never shopping there again
The only reason I didn't ask for my money back was because it is a gift for my son in law

This review was modified by matnjav on January 13 2017 09:30:03 AM

2017-01-09

Heard good things about PSA, well this isn't one of them

"I had ordered a Blemished PSA AR15 lower on December 12, 2016. Couple days later, I received an email from PSA regarding my FFL transfer and I had my FFL update them then I have not heard from them since!

My card has been charged and processed but not my order. It's still just saying "Processing" on the website. I have contacted info@palmettostatearmory.com as shown on the website on January 2nd, 7th, and the 9th of 2017 and I have not gotten a word back.

I have always heard good things about PSA as a budget friendly AR parts company but this customer service is dismal at best. I'd give PSA no stars if that were possible!

This review was modified by revolutionof1 on January 09 2017 02:31:25 PM

2017-01-09

First, Last, and ONLY time

"Ordered a BCG and charging handle from them on 12/25/16. I had heard they took a while for shipping so was patient. Card got charged the next day, ok; waiting on shipping. Waited 9 days while constantly being bombarded with emails about sales deals. Literally like 10-12 times per day. Still no word on BCG. Called and emailed PSA "customer service" no less than 6 times apiece still with no response. Finally actually talk to a real live human after being on hold on phone for 2.5 hours on just this one call. Keep in mind this is the 6th time I've called. Rep says sorry, we've been very busy and I'll see what I can do. He then tells me they have no record of my order! Really, 'cause you seem to have charged my credit card just fine. I say ok, cancel my order and give me a refund. Also lose my email address and stop with the 50 emails per day about your "deals." He then has the balls to ask me if their is anything he can do to keep my business. Ha ha ha good one dude! Save your money and sanity and go to your local shop if you want to actually get what you've paid for. I will personally NEVER shop from PSA again."

2016-12-30

Still waiting

"So, I ordered 2 complete at-15 upper receivers for Christmas presents totaling just under 1,000$. I had noticed in bold red letters that orders received after 12/15 were not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. So I figured it was the 12th and all would be good. When I had not received it by Christmas, I made a call, which took an hour of being on hold, just to be informed that upper receivers take longer. No where does it inform you of that when ordering, so that was cool, thought I had a pretty good Christmas lined out as I had went to my local gun shop to perchace the lower's and two scopes. It is now the 29th and even thow they told me by phone 5 days ago that it was being shipped out as we spoke, I still have not received the shipping confirmation email that saposedly gets sent according to their web site. I am extremely disappointed as it is now New Years weekend and still no AR to go shooting with."

2016-12-29

Horrible customer service

"I waited a month for an order that evidently was never going to be filled. I even called after 15 days and was told that they were going to ship it out right away. If they were out of stock, they should have known before then or at least at that time. Last purchase from a company with their head that far up their own ****"

This review was modified by Ghostman01m on December 29 2016 06:54:37 AM

2016-12-26

Knowingly shipped out an order with missing parts. Ignored by customer service!

"Knowingly shipped out a recently with missing parts. After several attempts at contacting Customer Service, both by phone and email, I have not received any reply. This was a month ago and for a business to have as many negative similar reviews as Palmetto State Armory, they should suffer the loss of business.

This business can not be trusted

2016-12-20

Palmetto Wait & Wait Some More Armory

"I have ordered from Palmetto State Armory many times. I first bought an assembled upper about 3 years ago. It was fine. They were not as popular and busy then.

I just purchased an assembled 9mm upper. The handguard rail was 1/8th inch left of the receiver rail. They did not properly time the barrel to the receiver. Incompetent armorers and terrible quality control. Any moron could see this problem if they took any care at all to what they were doing.

The only solution they offered me was to ship it back for repairs...on a brand new item. They are constantly out of stock, so they cannot ship a new one. They said repair times are 7-10 days. We will see. Can they do it right on the second try? I could time the dam thing myself, but if I touch the barrel nut it will void the warranty. Is a warranty from a bad customer service company worth anything? I guess I will find out. It is going back for "repairs.

If I hadn't already bought months ago and assembled the lower, I would return it all and go somewhere else. But now I am held hostage as their proprietary lower cannot be returned now. The 9mm billet lower is of amazing quality. They call them blems, I think, only so they do not have to deal with returns for cosmetic issues. I have seen two others besides mine and all were good. They have really good products at really good prices. But their customer service and quality control on assembly is horrendous.

This could be a really great company if they had any professionalism in their customer service department. If you email, wait 3 days for a reply. If you call, wait over an hour. No flexibility in how to handle issues, just send it back for repair and wait some more.

They should rename themselves Palmetto Wait and Wait Some more Armory.

2016-12-19

Horrible Experience.

"I ordered from psa on 23 November 2016 and they charged my cc on 24 November 2016. Really quick to charge the card unfortunately no where near as quick to actually process my order. The site says allow 7 days to process your order due to high order volume. It being Christmas time I can deal with that. After 12 days with no notification I decided to email their CS to no response. Then I thought , " I'll just call them", ha ha. That resulted in a recording telling me there was a 98 minute wait time to speak to the next available associate. I tried that two days in a row but an hour lunch break isn't near enough to get a hold of someone from PSA. I finally received my order 21 days later with no response, no update, and no tracking info. I would have given them a 1 star review but the product is of really good quality and is at a great price. I own 3 of their AR's and couldn't be happier with them but after this experience I just don't think it's worth the shitty customer service and the wait times when there are other company's who's products are comparable. It's an absolute miracle this company is still in business with all the bad reviews. I don't think I will ever order from them again. "

This review was modified by Brolier on December 19 2016 09:50:22 PM

2016-12-14

Lack of communication

"Sent 3 e-mail and just today I was answered. Lack of communication and Lack of updating their system. Went to store now and they had the firearm since last week but never got a notice from any. "

This review was modified by KFam19 on December 15 2016 12:54:35 PM

2016-12-11

Not sure if they even exist

"It's been more than two weeks.
Order still shows as "processing" on their website.
Multiple emails have been ignored.

They were very efficient at charging my credit card but that's it so far.

Guess I'll be disputing the charge and looking elsewhere. Primary Arms was great!

2016-12-09

BEWARE - Shady and out right bullshit company

"14 days since placing order. No response to email and 53 minute wait to speak to someone. **** this place. Call your CC company and cancel your order. Midway, BulkAmmo etc shipped within three days of placing a 11/25 order. "

2016-12-04

Still waiting...

"Ordered three items on 11/23 (day before thanksgiving) as soon as their early Black Friday deals/sale started. I understand that this is a very busy time for most retailers, however, the wait times for shipping are ridiculous. (Especially when every item ordered shows "in stock" or has been freshly re-stocked as apparent from notification emails.)

I signed up for their email newsletter and received notification when two of the items I wanted were back in stock so I could order as soon as the deals started. I placed my order just in time because the next day they both showed "out of stock." Probably due to their Black Friday rush.

It is now 12/4 and my order is still "processing."
Counting the day I placed my order, it has been 12 days of "processing" with a holiday and a weekend in between. I'm fairly certain that, with the holiday and black friday in the middle, my order will probably take the better part of a month or more to ship. I see several bad reviews on their shipping, but I'm giving it some hope due to ordering during (most likely) their busiest time.

I should also point out that my order contained an upper receiver which they say can take "up to 15 days" to go from "processing" to "shipped"- that's "shipped," not "received," so I'm expecting even more of a wait. Again, PSA didn't waste any time taking my $550+ dollars immediately upon placing the order, which seems to be the norm. What I don't understand is why my ammo and the optic I ordered couldn't be shipped separately from the receiver (which is apparently the item that's holding up the whole show) - I've seen several people write elsewhere that their orders are separated when buying things like ammo and receivers. Of course, even if they have shipped separately, it has still taken 12+ days.

I can only hope that this is the only issue I come across, as sending anything back to them and waiting for an exchange would surely take even longer. 3/5 simply because it seems that all firearm related retailers take an eternity to ship anything; PSA apparently being at the lower end of the shipping department barrel.

Edit 12/6/16:
My order has finally gone from "processing" to "complete" and I have received a shipping confirmation email with tracking links. The tracking links don't come up with anything yet; most likely because they just shipped... Considering it took 7-8 business days from when I placed the order to ship, I can't really ask for more from a company with such a bad reputation for processing orders. Yes, it actually took about 14 days to leave the facility, but when thanksgiving, black Friday, and two weekends are taken into account, it really isn't that bad.

My advice: Wait for sales or "daily deals" from PSA that do not fall around holidays and be patient.

This review was modified by Raulmenendez1887 on December 06 2016 12:55:36 AM

Share Palmetto State Armory's store rating

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!