Stores > Palmetto State Armory

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.61/10 0.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.35/10 0.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.44/10 0.44/10
2017-01-09

Heard good things about PSA, well this isn't one of them

"I had ordered a Blemished PSA AR15 lower on December 12, 2016. Couple days later, I received an email from PSA regarding my FFL transfer and I had my FFL update them then I have not heard from them since!

My card has been charged and processed but not my order. It's still just saying "Processing" on the website. I have contacted info@palmettostatearmory.com as shown on the website on January 2nd, 7th, and the 9th of 2017 and I have not gotten a word back.

I have always heard good things about PSA as a budget friendly AR parts company but this customer service is dismal at best. I'd give PSA no stars if that were possible!

This review was modified by revolutionof1 on January 09 2017 02:31:25 PM

2017-01-09

First, Last, and ONLY time

"Ordered a BCG and charging handle from them on 12/25/16. I had heard they took a while for shipping so was patient. Card got charged the next day, ok; waiting on shipping. Waited 9 days while constantly being bombarded with emails about sales deals. Literally like 10-12 times per day. Still no word on BCG. Called and emailed PSA "customer service" no less than 6 times apiece still with no response. Finally actually talk to a real live human after being on hold on phone for 2.5 hours on just this one call. Keep in mind this is the 6th time I've called. Rep says sorry, we've been very busy and I'll see what I can do. He then tells me they have no record of my order! Really, 'cause you seem to have charged my credit card just fine. I say ok, cancel my order and give me a refund. Also lose my email address and stop with the 50 emails per day about your "deals." He then has the balls to ask me if their is anything he can do to keep my business. Ha ha ha good one dude! Save your money and sanity and go to your local shop if you want to actually get what you've paid for. I will personally NEVER shop from PSA again."

2016-12-30

Still waiting

"So, I ordered 2 complete at-15 upper receivers for Christmas presents totaling just under 1,000$. I had noticed in bold red letters that orders received after 12/15 were not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. So I figured it was the 12th and all would be good. When I had not received it by Christmas, I made a call, which took an hour of being on hold, just to be informed that upper receivers take longer. No where does it inform you of that when ordering, so that was cool, thought I had a pretty good Christmas lined out as I had went to my local gun shop to perchace the lower's and two scopes. It is now the 29th and even thow they told me by phone 5 days ago that it was being shipped out as we spoke, I still have not received the shipping confirmation email that saposedly gets sent according to their web site. I am extremely disappointed as it is now New Years weekend and still no AR to go shooting with."

2016-12-29

Horrible customer service

"I waited a month for an order that evidently was never going to be filled. I even called after 15 days and was told that they were going to ship it out right away. If they were out of stock, they should have known before then or at least at that time. Last purchase from a company with their head that far up their own ****"

This review was modified by Ghostman01m on December 29 2016 06:54:37 AM

2016-12-26

Knowingly shipped out an order with missing parts. Ignored by customer service!

"Knowingly shipped out a recently with missing parts. After several attempts at contacting Customer Service, both by phone and email, I have not received any reply. This was a month ago and for a business to have as many negative similar reviews as Palmetto State Armory, they should suffer the loss of business.

This business can not be trusted

2016-12-20

Palmetto Wait & Wait Some More Armory

"I have ordered from Palmetto State Armory many times. I first bought an assembled upper about 3 years ago. It was fine. They were not as popular and busy then.

I just purchased an assembled 9mm upper. The handguard rail was 1/8th inch left of the receiver rail. They did not properly time the barrel to the receiver. Incompetent armorers and terrible quality control. Any moron could see this problem if they took any care at all to what they were doing.

The only solution they offered me was to ship it back for repairs...on a brand new item. They are constantly out of stock, so they cannot ship a new one. They said repair times are 7-10 days. We will see. Can they do it right on the second try? I could time the dam thing myself, but if I touch the barrel nut it will void the warranty. Is a warranty from a bad customer service company worth anything? I guess I will find out. It is going back for "repairs.

If I hadn't already bought months ago and assembled the lower, I would return it all and go somewhere else. But now I am held hostage as their proprietary lower cannot be returned now. The 9mm billet lower is of amazing quality. They call them blems, I think, only so they do not have to deal with returns for cosmetic issues. I have seen two others besides mine and all were good. They have really good products at really good prices. But their customer service and quality control on assembly is horrendous.

This could be a really great company if they had any professionalism in their customer service department. If you email, wait 3 days for a reply. If you call, wait over an hour. No flexibility in how to handle issues, just send it back for repair and wait some more.

They should rename themselves Palmetto Wait and Wait Some more Armory.

2016-12-19

Horrible Experience.

"I ordered from psa on 23 November 2016 and they charged my cc on 24 November 2016. Really quick to charge the card unfortunately no where near as quick to actually process my order. The site says allow 7 days to process your order due to high order volume. It being Christmas time I can deal with that. After 12 days with no notification I decided to email their CS to no response. Then I thought , " I'll just call them", ha ha. That resulted in a recording telling me there was a 98 minute wait time to speak to the next available associate. I tried that two days in a row but an hour lunch break isn't near enough to get a hold of someone from PSA. I finally received my order 21 days later with no response, no update, and no tracking info. I would have given them a 1 star review but the product is of really good quality and is at a great price. I own 3 of their AR's and couldn't be happier with them but after this experience I just don't think it's worth the shitty customer service and the wait times when there are other company's who's products are comparable. It's an absolute miracle this company is still in business with all the bad reviews. I don't think I will ever order from them again. "

This review was modified by Brolier on December 19 2016 09:50:22 PM

2016-12-14

Lack of communication

"Sent 3 e-mail and just today I was answered. Lack of communication and Lack of updating their system. Went to store now and they had the firearm since last week but never got a notice from any. "

This review was modified by KFam19 on December 15 2016 12:54:35 PM

2016-12-11

Not sure if they even exist

"It's been more than two weeks.
Order still shows as "processing" on their website.
Multiple emails have been ignored.

They were very efficient at charging my credit card but that's it so far.

Guess I'll be disputing the charge and looking elsewhere. Primary Arms was great!

2016-12-09

BEWARE - Shady and out right bullshit company

"14 days since placing order. No response to email and 53 minute wait to speak to someone. **** this place. Call your CC company and cancel your order. Midway, BulkAmmo etc shipped within three days of placing a 11/25 order. "

2016-12-04

Still waiting...

"Ordered three items on 11/23 (day before thanksgiving) as soon as their early Black Friday deals/sale started. I understand that this is a very busy time for most retailers, however, the wait times for shipping are ridiculous. (Especially when every item ordered shows "in stock" or has been freshly re-stocked as apparent from notification emails.)

I signed up for their email newsletter and received notification when two of the items I wanted were back in stock so I could order as soon as the deals started. I placed my order just in time because the next day they both showed "out of stock." Probably due to their Black Friday rush.

It is now 12/4 and my order is still "processing."
Counting the day I placed my order, it has been 12 days of "processing" with a holiday and a weekend in between. I'm fairly certain that, with the holiday and black friday in the middle, my order will probably take the better part of a month or more to ship. I see several bad reviews on their shipping, but I'm giving it some hope due to ordering during (most likely) their busiest time.

I should also point out that my order contained an upper receiver which they say can take "up to 15 days" to go from "processing" to "shipped"- that's "shipped," not "received," so I'm expecting even more of a wait. Again, PSA didn't waste any time taking my $550+ dollars immediately upon placing the order, which seems to be the norm. What I don't understand is why my ammo and the optic I ordered couldn't be shipped separately from the receiver (which is apparently the item that's holding up the whole show) - I've seen several people write elsewhere that their orders are separated when buying things like ammo and receivers. Of course, even if they have shipped separately, it has still taken 12+ days.

I can only hope that this is the only issue I come across, as sending anything back to them and waiting for an exchange would surely take even longer. 3/5 simply because it seems that all firearm related retailers take an eternity to ship anything; PSA apparently being at the lower end of the shipping department barrel.

Edit 12/6/16:
My order has finally gone from "processing" to "complete" and I have received a shipping confirmation email with tracking links. The tracking links don't come up with anything yet; most likely because they just shipped... Considering it took 7-8 business days from when I placed the order to ship, I can't really ask for more from a company with such a bad reputation for processing orders. Yes, it actually took about 14 days to leave the facility, but when thanksgiving, black Friday, and two weekends are taken into account, it really isn't that bad.

My advice: Wait for sales or "daily deals" from PSA that do not fall around holidays and be patient.

This review was modified by Raulmenendez1887 on December 06 2016 12:55:36 AM

2016-11-10

1st and last purchase

"i purchased a lower parts kit on 10/31. after 5 days of my order being in processing status i decided to call. they told me that if it didnt ship soon to call back. after 3 emails (that were never replied to) and many phone calls i was finally told 11 days later that they made an inventory mistake and my product wasnt in stock. they offered to let me downgrade to a trigger i had no interest in or a refund. i told them i would be in touch when i made my decision. this morning i woke up to an email saying my order was canceled. i called to find out why and the only thing they told me was "sorry". i will never purchase anything from PSA no matter how good the offer seems to be. "

This review was modified by orbit639 on November 10 2016 06:42:55 PM

2016-10-13

Coupon Cheats

"Just made a purchase at the new Palmetto State Armory in Summerville SC. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more, but the cashier would only take $9 and change off the purchase price. She said it was because their computers are"messed up." There also seems to be a lot of people working there who don't know much about the products in the store. ****'s Sporting Goods shouldn't lose much business to PSA in Summerville."

2016-10-12

Terrible Experience with Palmetto State Armory

"Palmetto State Armory
(803) 724-6950
Info@palmettostatearmory.com

I placed an order with Palmetto State Armory on August 4th 2016. The parts that I ordered were listed as ‘In Stock’ on the website. After 5 days, I submitted an email requesting the status of my order. I did not receive a reply to my email. I ended up sending 4 more emails between August 9th and the 11th without any reply. During this time I also tried calling every day. I looked up multiple phone numbers on the internet. Each time I attempted to call, the numbers went directly to a busy signal.
After no luck with phone and email, I tried Palmetto State Armory Facebook page and posted my issue there. They didn’t contact me, but I did learn something on their Facebook page. After posting my issue, other folks on Facebook stated that they had the same problem. Palmetto was taking peoples orders and not shipping or replying to phone or email.

At this point, I ran out of options and opened a case with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and my Credit Card company. My Credit Card company also tried to contact Palmetto State without any luck. They ended up crediting back my account within 24 hours.

Then on August 18th , 14 days after my original order, Dylan D. from Palmetto State replied to one of my 5 emails. This is what he said.

“For your future reference, we take all emails in the order received. When you reply to a thread without getting a reply from us, the system reads the most recently sent email to set your date. I apologize for the long wait in getting replied to. ”

Conclusion:
- It shouldn’t take 14 days to receive an email response
- The phone number should work
- I shouldn’t need to open claims with the BBB and my credit card company to get merchandise shipped
- Their customer support needs a lot of work

Subjective Opinion:
- I’m not sure if Palmetto State Armory would have shipped by order had I not opened the claims with BBB and the Credit Card company

2016-10-03

Worst customer service

"Called to check availability of a shotgun on several occasions. Never got connected to a representative. Total waste of time. Emailed and received no reply. Customer service is nonexistent and they do not care. Bought a shotgun from Academy Sports. "

Share Palmetto State Armory's store rating

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Palmetto State Armory is not a merchant member
Palmetto State Armory does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!