"I sent in 5 very nice used android razors. One had cracked glass. Pacebutler told me that 3 out of the five were damaged
or software was curropt. I know that they were fine when I sent them in....What a waste of time. there has got to be someone else more honest than these people.

modified review This review was modified by TeresaV1966 on January 02 2014 01:37:36 PM

"I sent in two phones to PaceButler. I charged both phones and cleared their memory before sending them in. For as old as the phones were, they were in pretty good condition. I mailed my phones in expecting to get $2 for each phone. I got a letter back saying that 1 phone was defective for "water damage" and the other was defective for "housing damage". Well, neither phone has ever been near a body of water, so the water damage was just false. The other phone had a minor crack due to wear and tear so I might have let that slide if they accepted the other phone. To make a long story short, if you send a phone in, expect for PaceButler to come up with some lame excuse as to why they cannot pay you anything.

(Update 10/19/2012: After I sent a strong worded e-mail of feedback to PaceButler, someone from PaceButler called me back and explained that a "water damage sensor" was activated inside the phone which is not necessarily triggered by water (i.e. it could be condensation or high humidity that triggers that). Since I live in a city with high humidity, I can understand that. Also, that phone was not technically on their list as it just had a similar naming convention as another phone. Since PaceButler made the effort to call me back and even offered to pay me for the other phone with the crack in the housing, I don’t think that they are a scam as I mentioned earlier).

modified review This review was modified by phatsk8er8 on October 19 2012 07:23:57 AM

"I sold a total of 27 phones to pacebutler. I checked the buy list and made sure that most of my phones were being bought. at at $2-$5 per phone i figured i'd get at least $50. i got the check for $4 from them. They gave me the breakdown and there was phones on the list that they said they no longet buy anymore and recycled them for free. 1 phone had water damage and another had a broken keypad. ALL of the other phones had been recycled for free because of "case damage". i suppose if there are scratches on a phone then it's no good. Do yourself a favor and do not get your money taken from you and look elsewhere. Pacebutler will not give you the amount that it appears."

"What a ripoff do not use this site unless you want $1.50 for a Blackberry Curve that was ready to use -empty...They are really a BS Co. Make themselves Holy. Don't go there."

"I should have read the reviews before I sent in my phones. Of the 5 phones that i sent them, they only paid me $5 for 1 of them. They said that there was keypad damage, LCD damage and water damage on 3 of them. Nonsense. I charged all of them up and removed all of my phone info in each data base. They worked well. I can understand not getting money for 1 of them because it was quite old. I wold not deal with this company in the future. "

"I submitted 3 cell phones to PaceButler and was provided a list of cell phone purchase prices. I looked up my cell phones to see what they were worth. My cell phones were a bit outdated but were in working order and were on their buy back list. I called to find out why I hadn't heard anything back, a manager by the name of Beth Nelson told me that all of the cell phones were damaged. This was an outright lie. I was outraged and demanded to have my cell phones returned to me. Beth Nelson indicated it was not possible to get them back because they were put in for recycling. I am in the process of reporting them to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! THIS COMPANY IS AN OUTRIGHT SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE AND STAY CLEAR AWAY FROM THIS CORRUPT COMPANY. AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION WILL BE FOLLOWED ON THEM....."

"I sent 5 old cell phones in the mail to this company and a week later I receieved a check for 50 cents!!!! I could of got more than that selling them on the street. They claim to give you 100 dollars an cell phone please. They wasted money, time, and paper creating a paper check for 50 cent!! I will never send nothing else in the mail again!! I called today to try to get them back they told me that they have been recycled! I know for a fact that they are going to profit off all of my phones!! I advise no one to deal with this company!! The least they could do is to send me my phones back!!!"

PaceButler is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PaceButler is not a merchant member
PaceButler does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!