• PPL Motor Homes
    • Address: 10777 Southwest Freeway
    • Contact: sales@pplmotorhomes.com
    • Phone: 800-755-4775
    • Customer Support: 800-755-4775
    • Business Hours: Parts phone orders: 7am to 7:30pm Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm Sat, Parts Store and Consignment RV Sales: 8am
    • Fax: 713-988-8447

Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10

"The Good and The Bad

The Good –

RV accessories have been ordered on line from PPL because they have had competitive pricing. The packaging and shipping time has been great. The products were always received in great condition and were as described.

The Bad –

Our RV was listed with PPL Cleburne for sale based on the numerous good reviews read from previous buyers not sellers. In one month, PPL’s negligence caused damage to our seven month old RV which now I must repair and work to bring back to the overall new condition it was when left with them. Here are their practices which if known at the time would have resulted in not trusting them with the RV:

1. They don’t keep the RVs locked.
2. A sales representative does not accompany prospective buyers when viewing the RVs.
3. There is no control to insure theft or damage does not occur to the RV.
4. At the end of the day, an employee allegedly checks to insure the RV doors are closed; however, this is just a visual observation, not a physical check, to insure the doors are really latched.
5. Read their contract in detail, as any damage or loss due to their actions or lack of actions, is the problem of the owner. They refuse any financial responsibility.
6. When listing your RV with them, they will attempt to low ball your listing price to a wholesale trade in price based on their previous sales, not NADA values. In our case, that would have been 44.7% of the 7 month old MSRP or 55.3% off the MSRP. Units are expected to depreciate and routinely new units can be bought for 25-35% off MSRP, but still that is insulting.
7. The buyer sets their lowest sale price and PPL bumps that price up by 3,000 – 4,000 dollars to give bargaining room with prospective buyers and they take about 10% of the sales price as their fee. Anything found wrong in a unit which is selling, is the owner’s responsibility to fix. If they can’t contact the owner, PPL will fix the “issues” at their pricing and charge the owner.
8. Without permission of the owner, PPL will have the unit “cleaned” 6-8 times within the 90 day contract period and charge the owner $139. This is not in the contract and at least, we were never informed of or gave approval to PPL for this to occur.

In our case, we staged the interior for sale; however, PPL removed our staging props prior to taking photos for the web listing, and was unable to find all our staging props to return to us. Thus, we have sustained a theft of property for which PPL refuses any financial responsibility.

In addition, PPL never informed us that the unit’s entry door was difficult to close which we could have resolved with a MINOR repair. Instead they waited until after an employee did not physically insure the door was latched and a storm that evening damaged the entry door beyond repair and soaked the interior of the unit with rain. Of course, by contract, they refuse any financial responsibility for any of their negligence and in their notification telephone call, made it sound like it was our fault and not theirs………. So do you really want to sell your RV through them at any cost???????

"Ordered an $8.98 part on their website. Shipment choices were UPS, Overnight, and Truck. Truck shipping cost was listed as $0, while UPS was $11.29. It would be insane to order something with a shipping cost way in excess of the product cost. I selected the truck shipment option and printed out my Receipt which showed a total of $8.98. HOWEVER, they charged me $21.27. There is either a problem with their website, or an ethics issue with this dealer. [BTW The part could have been put into a regular USPS envelope with one or two US stamps max]. When I called their shipper, they were nasty and informed me that they don't ship anything for free. It was the dealer's problem, not theirs. Needless to say, I would not recommend this dealer to anyone, not ever use them again. Use Amazon, it you want to be treated ethically, or find a local RV dealer."

This review was modified by aschwager on June 05 2015 12:30:27 PM

"Purchased a Dometic Rm2862 refrigerator January 22 of 2015 at what was the SALE price of $1199.00. Less than two months later it was on sale for $1132.00. When I spoke to Gary Mize I was told that this was an exact replacement for my current unit. I asked about the hinge location and was told they were all made right hinged. This I later learned was incorrect and that left hinged units were made. I was told that I could purchase a right to left hinge change kit. I later learned that this kit is available from Dometic FREE of charge. I picked up the refrigerator in the Houston storefront and brought it home. On March 15, 2015 I unpacked the refrigerator and began installing the hinge change kit. It was at this time I removed the control panel and realized the "Climate Control" feature was not on the new unit. It was impossible to know this until after unpacking and removing the control panel.
I attempted to call PPL to speak with customer service and was only allowed to leave a message as all sales personnel were busy. I did leave a detailed message but my call was never responded to.
Needless to say I am very disappointed with PPL.
I will be very hesitant to order anything from them again. It is unforgivable that their sales staff is so poorly trained on their product. I would have returned this product had I not exceeded the 30 day return and was not a 6 Hour drive away.

"Horrible experience with PPL. First problem is none of them communicate with each other in any part of the buying process. Was told something different by every department we talked with. Parts that were supposed to ordered never showed because they were never ordered, and we had requested they be order to 2 different people a week before. We were told our trailer was ready for pick uup and got there yo find an over flowing toilet and gas lines running yo nothing, even after we had paid for the $385 inspection that was supposed to be done before we were told to come get it. If the inpsection had been done wouldn they have seen the over flowing toilet? So yhey charged us to pay gor an inspection that was ptobably nevet even done. Then after all the mistakes an employee named DAVID was very rude and tried to blame us for his lack of attention to his job and what was requested. "

This review was modified by JayDauzat on March 16 2015 05:11:29 PM

"I ordered a kwikee dbl electric step. The price was the best I could find. The shipping was Inexpensive, and the package arrived a day early. The email notice and tracking information was timely and easy to follow. The best online Shopping experience, I have had this year. (and Last!). Lastly, the step arrived in perfect condition.

Thank You PPL for being very efficient.

"Ordered a Dometic toilet on 12/19/2014. Credit card was charged on 12/22/2014, sent email on 02/27/2014 for update on order status. Received a response on 12/27/2014, stating it had not shipped and they would contact the manufacture on 12/29/2014 to check status. Have not received any update as of 12/31/2014. It would be nice if they updated the customer, when there is a delay since PPL already billed for the sale. "

This review was modified by epk135 on December 31 2014 10:57:19 AM

"Great customer service, they went above and beyond to take care of me. I ordered some RV Curtains for one of my customers, I received help from multiple people from my initial contact via email general questions, to finding what I was needing, returning the product because of a miner issue they the vendor had and received a replacement overnight. I have a small business and thrive at taking care of customers and doing the "Right Thing" every time and PPL obviously takes the same stand on customer service, thank you for making me look good to my customer, I do a lot of repair work locally and I am very pleased to find a source that cares about doing business the right way, it is very much appreciated."

This review was modified by coversbyrod on December 26 2014 08:34:46 AM

"Not Happy placed order on 12/10/14 called on 12/15/14 to get tracking number and was told that Dometic was drop shipping to me. So I asked when it shipped and was told it might ship today when I ask for supervisor she told me she would call me back with tracking number it is now 10:30 pm and still have heard nothing. They took my money from my account on 12/11/14 you think they would have shipped it then!!!"

"The customer service rep who worked for PPL was very knowledgeable and helpful. I appreciated his expertise and willingness to help me get the right product. "

"Good prices on a varied range of RV products. They are very quick to ship with no delays. A pleasure to do business with.."

"Good company to deal with, responsive to questions and good prices. I've ordered several things from them. They will always be my first choice when u need Rv accessories."

"I got the items as ordered and quickly. My only complaint is that their shipping charges were high considering the size and weight of the package."

"Lynn Musgrove was very helpful with everything thank you."

"PPL went over and beyond! A small piece was broken when the fridge was bubble wrap out of the warehouse. They refunded the cost of the part when the fridge was installed.
Thanks again PPL.

"Great Service and Quick Delivery"

Share PPL Motor Homes's store rating

PPL Motor Homes is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PPL Motor Homes is not a merchant member
PPL Motor Homes does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!