• Rating 2.50/10 131 reviews

PC Universe is not a merchant member
    PC Universe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • PC Universe contact information

• Contact: customerservice@pcuniverse.com
    • Phone: 800-728-6483
    • Customer Support: 800-728-6483
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm Mon-FriClosed Sat. and Sun.
    • Fax: 561-953-0381

"Placed an order with PC Universe Amazon store on 02 September. Tool two days to get an email confirm, with no tracking info. Package should arrive by 18 September, said the email.

No package by 4 October. Emailed PC Universe on 12 September. Got reply on same day: oh, we've had some problems with a shipping expediter. Do you want us to reship or refund? I replied on 15 September with the choice to reship.

No package by 9 October. Complained to Amazon.

Amazon "A to z Guarantee Program" replied on same day saying: 'we'll investigate. 1-2 weeks and we'll let you know.'

Amazon "A to z Guarantee Program" sent email on 16 October" 'your claim is granted'

So, from 2 October to 16 October my order and my money were in limbo.

PC Universe showed itself to be a scam

Neither did Amazon provide good customer service.

modified review This review was modified by c.n.wilson on October 17 2013 03:28:16 PM

"FALSE PRICING ADVERTISED! Ordered an item accurately listed on their site, advertised with free shipping. The price is competitive, but most charge shipping. They cancelled my order and made up an excuse about MAP pricing being the cause. Lies. Other retailers have it for less, but charge for shipping. If they owned up to the problem that they have no quality assurance on their own site listings and it shouldn't have had free shipping, then I wouldn't be posting this review. NOT TRUSTWORTHY!"

"I requested an RMA on Dec 3, 2010. On Dec 15, PC Universe wrote that the RMA request had been submitted to the vendor, and to allow 2-4 business days for an RMA response email. As of March 11, 2011, still no response by e-mail, letter, or phone.

The packages are unopened. The new memory order that I received is wrong for my computer. Sent 8 sticks of memory instead of 4. Desktop computer has four sockets. I expected four pieces of 4GB memory, but instead got eight pieces of 2GB memory.

Very negligent and fradulent.

"100% disappointed. I ordered a Christmas gift via Amazon that was coming from PC universe. I ordered long before Christmas. They sent the wrong item - something substantially cheaper and incorrect. I started with Amazon but they deflected all inquiries to the 3rd party supplier. I spent a week trying to get in touch with them via the Amazon "email seller" link, the phone numbers listed on my shipment (one of which was not even a valid phone number), and directly to their customer service email. No response, no reply. So when Amazon offered me an opportuity to rate the seller, I listed the status. I had a phonecall within 24 hours. They sent a calltag for me to package, prepare shipping labels, and take the erroneous product to a drop-off point for return. They did not credit me until long after the shipment was received/processed. They did not replace the wrong product with the correct product. (So I had no Christmas gift for that recipient.) They also promised a $20 credit on aamazon - which they still have not provided 1.5 months later. I would never order from them again and I will never order anything from Amazon that is from a "supplier." Someone needs to be accountable and responsive to errors and this arrangement allows them to duck this responsibility."

"100% disappointed. Originally ordered headsets for my call center employees, and was delivered trimline phones. Upon reaching out to customer service numerous times I've received ZERO reply either via fax, e-mail or phone. Working for a broadcast company I had hoped to build a working reputation with PCUniverse, however I will not be ordering from them again. I'm still waiting to have a resolution to my dispute."

"I did not receive the item I purchased. I'm unhappy as this was a Christmas gift delivered on Christmas eve. Now I'm scrambling for a new gift to give."

Rating 8/104/5

"The two products I ordered were well described, delivered in a timely fashion, and work great. I would definetly check-out PC Universe for future tech purchases.

One aspect of my purchase that I would describe as confusing was shipping. I do not remember being promted about my packages being sent in two different shipments. Nor do I recall was it explained well in either confirmation e-mail. When I recieved my shipping confirmation, one of the tracking numbers was invalid, so when that one arrived (a day later than the other) it was unexpected (cool because I was uncertain on the delivery) but unexpected is not confidence instilling.

As I am sure your team is aware... it's a pain-in-the-ass to get the two different shipments. However if it means cheaper consumer costs... I am all for it! So keep it up.

My only feedback would be to warn about the shipping (before and after a purchase... cause timing is everything). But every other aspect of my purchase was conceptual and pleasant.

Thanks for the great stuff.

modified review This review was modified by joecarulli on November 29 2010 03:01:04 PM

"I ordered an item from them; they charged my credit card but never delivered the item. My attempts to contact them have gone ignored as did my complaint to the BBB. I am now going through the FL office of consumer affairs. Do NOT buy from this company."

"Ordered a 550 sheet drawer online for a Lexmark C543dn printer on 4/29/2010. Received an e-mail telling me that the item was out of stock and on backorder. I called Lexmark and found out that part was obsolete and not manufactured any longer. I sent an email stating that fact and requested my order be cancelled. I received an email confirming my email to cancel. As of September 22, 2010, I have yet to receive my refund. Tried calling and get an answering machine, leave message with no result. OR I get put on hold with a recording saying that they helping other customers. After a few minutes, the call is disconnected. I have sent may emails but they have ignored them all. Even asked about an alternate part number and got an email from the Sales department but nothing after that. Even asked about possibly getting a credit so I can get other things I want for my electronics.
I think they are hoping that I will eventually forget about it. Been screwed over too many times. I have filed complaint with Fla. BBB which was ignored. I am researching other avenues I can pursue to get my money back. I had hoped that I had found a reasonably priced place to get my electronic components but unless something drastic happens soon, they have lost a customer.

"We placed an order with PC Universe back in May - it is now August 19 and we have not received our product. Our credit card has been charged but no product shipped - how unethical is that? Oh yes, I have received emails saying my product is on back-order - but I have attempted to contact them via phone, email and fax and have yet to get a response. VERY POOR or non-existant customer service. I will not buy from this company again!"

"I ordered a 4 cables from them on 06/17/2010 and they specified that they had them in stock. They didn't. After 4 weeks they continue to send me notices that this order is on back order. I tried 4 times to cancel this order and they never responded. Each time I tried to cancel the order they simply told me via email that the order was back ordered. I would caution ordering from a company that advertises stock items and they don't have them. I would look elsewhere for similar products from a more reputable dealer and who will work with you rather than against you."

"Item was said to be in stock, so i order. 2 weeks later, they tell me that the item is NOT in stock. I immediately asked them to cancel the order, which they did. But they haven't credited the money back since. I'd been emailing them for 2 months asking them to credit my money back and they have stopped even responding. Calling them gets you only their answering machine and they don't respond to calls. What a bunch of thieves. For their false reporting of stock and refusal to give me my refund, I strongly recommend steering clear of this store."

"Online it said it ws instock but I have not recieved the item almost 2 weeks later. I am getting emails saying it is backorderd but they have no estamated ship date :(. I would not have ordered from them if I new that I would not be getting the item promptly."

"order took twice as long as advertised to arrive. shipping ocurred after a customer service inquiry...
9 days to Approve?
5 more to put in the mail...
Disappointing

"I received the order in a timely manner, as expected and the freight charges were resonable."