• PC Specialist

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.23/10 8.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.74/10 7.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.04/10 6.04/10

"Second PC I have bought from PC Spec... can't recommend more than that!"

"Laptop arrived well packaged and fine. Had it delivered to a local Chemists and picked it up at my convenience - great system!
I installed Win 7 myself but got blue screens right at the last minute each time; I eventually realised it didn't like the USB mouse I'd plugged in (you know, those state of the art leading edge bits of UI...) as when I pulled it out and used the touch pad the install went fine. Except that the next stage, installing the drivers, was convoluted. The supplied disk when run said it did not support the OS installation (*update* my fault, an earlier email from PCS that I failed to read tells me those drivers are for Win 8.1 and 10, and best to download the Win 7 drivers from their website as a precursor to installing the OS, oops!) and as the networking bits weren't set up I couldn't go online at PCSpecialist to download them. So I had to trawl the disk and find the LAN drivers myself and install them to get online. THEN I got all the other drivers from PCS (easy as it's under your account so they know what you need) and installed them. It would have been nice to have them on the disk in a batch, or to be able to batch download them rather than one-by-one as it was tedious TBH. So now it's all singing and dancing, and the Cinema/BluRay stuff is great. Much faster than the old Samsung that was creaking at the seams. So far so good!

This review was modified by a_oram on October 06 2015 08:35:00 AM

"it was good and got my moneys worth"

This review was modified by fudgie12 on October 05 2015 07:35:23 AM

"Very happy with my order although all in all it took almost a month to get to me due to them not having the cases in stock. However, this was resolved quickly and customer service was great. Would recommend."

This review was modified by whimmyboo on October 04 2015 03:15:25 PM

"The website is attractive and easy to use. Ordering was incredibly simple and I was kept aware of the status of my order with regular updates. The computer was delivered within the time window I was told and the computer is working as advertised. I have only one criticism and a minor one at that. After I didn't receive the free game as advertised, I sent an email asking if I should have received it and have had no response. I am not particularly fussed about getting the freebie, I would of appreciated an answer to my correspondence though."

"The build of my pc was amazing and I am very happy with they way it turned out but the only down side is it took 17 days to be delivered."

"PC Specialist are everything that the name implies. In the ordering phase, there was adequate information and guidance. After completion of the system specification, a check was made to ensure compatibility, and problem areas (if any) were identified. Progress in the building process was available. Delivery was fully notified and monitored and on time. The machine was expertly packed with good protection. The installation process was straight forward with a slight hiccough in relation to Windows 10, quickly sorted by email."

This review was modified by jhp39 on October 03 2015 11:02:02 PM

"PC Specialist put their customers first, ensuring that everything meets their satisfaction. I was thoroughly impressed with their standards and work ethics. Their communication is reassuring throughout the process of your order through emails. With my order, it was sat at pre-production longer than their estimated time so I dropped them a friendly email. A member came back almost instantly and explained that it was due to so many orders being made. But informed me that they're working overtime and that it shouldn't be much longer. True to his words, my order progressed to the next stage within the hour. When my laptop did arrive a couple of days later, I instantly knew it was worth the wait. It was exactly what I wanted and more. Thank you PC Specialist for yet another fantastic custom-ordered laptop! Continue the excellent work. "

"We spent quite some time choosing our computer and all the parts to go inside it as we wanted to get everything right. I did think that it took a while to build but then again, I guess these things do take time and have to be tested! I was pleased with the packaging, although I would have preferred there to be some more cushioning around the actual computer. My partner was very impressed with the expanding foam which was protecting the inside of the computer! We need to know where they get it from! Also, in the box of leads and instructions no where did it tell us that we needed to screw in an antennae to get the wireless to work - And stupidly of us we just put the antennae to one side as we didn't realise what it was, it was a couple of days later (and a couple of days of us trying to get the wireless to work) did we realise what it actually was!! We did feel very silly! Other than that we are on the whole very very happy with our computer, it works fantastically and is so much quicker than our old laptop! My partner is also very please with the graphics on his games! I would definately recommend PC Specialist to anyone thinking of purchasing a new computer and it is a bonus that they are offering a Free 8GB USB for leaving a review! :)

I will mention one thing though, we checked and checked that everything was right on the computer but when it arrived for some reason we couldn't fit out HDMI lead into the port as it was too small - I rung up PC Specialist and questioned them about it and the guy I spoke to said it was a 'mini HDMI' port and just said that I could buy a lead from most Electrical Retailers - I didn't even know mini HDMI existed!! Also, when I went back and checked our computer order I couldn't see anywhere that said it was a mini HDMI, so I was a bit disappointed at this and considering we had spent a lot on the computer that PC Specialist didn't offer us something.

"U can custom build a laptop, no other shop those that. Recommended for every body that want to buy budget gaming portable pc."

This review was modified by radkow18 on October 02 2015 08:33:00 AM

"Great service, good to know how your order is progressing and estimated completion dates.The laptop itself was built to a very high standard and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. "

This review was modified by Edwards48 on October 02 2015 06:45:00 AM

"I now have the PC a fortnight and it is performing well so far. Runs very silently. It did take 13 working days from ordering until ready for dispatch, but it was useful to be able to follow the processing on line and see where in the production chain the order was."

This review was modified by Ceannaigh on September 30 2015 02:12:33 PM

"The whole process was smooth and I am very happy with the price and service received. I was kept updated with where the build was up to.

I needed to ask for power cables to routed through the case for a graphics card I was going to install and this was done with no fuss. I would definitely use again and recommend to others.

This review was modified by imp123 on September 30 2015 02:25:39 AM

"The process of ordering a new pc was great and easy to configure the spec that I wanted, I am delighted with the quality of my machine.
The only downside I found was that delivery time turned out to be much longer that estimated at ordering stage.

In the few occasions I emailed customer service they replied quickly and were very informative providing me with an update.

"Ordered the 13.3" Optimus VI. The Laptop is fantastic, best value for a 13" gaming laptop. It took 2 weeks from ordering to delivery. Works great. Customer service was prompt and helpful."

This review was modified by johnrona12 on September 27 2015 03:19:27 PM

Share PC Specialist's store rating

PC Specialist is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Specialist is not a merchant member
PC Specialist does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!