• PC Specialist

Chance of future purchase: --/10
    Shipping & packaging: --/10
    Customer service: --/10
    Return/Replacement policy: --/10

"Decent prices, but not the best around (Amazon beats them, for example).
Good machine build interface, although lacks the prices for every component.
But their shipping is way, WAY too slow. Be prepared to wait for a month if you're unlucky.

Don't recommend them at all.

This review was modified by Zer01 on June 15 2015 12:15:14 PM

"I bought the highest end gaming machine from these guys and although not cheap - it did what it said on the tin, however... 3 months later the main chip went wrong and so I sent the whole thing back for repair. It's now been 6 weeks and I am still without the computer :( Intel is apparently to blame for lack of stock (Absolute BS) anyways - I would advise to stay clear of these guys at all costs. Very unhappy with the service."

This review was modified by iansmiler on June 02 2015 06:16:13 AM

"Faulty laptop.
After many phone calls to helpline still have laptop which constantly crashes and sometimes refuses to shutdown. Unhelpful staff, particularly Mustapha.
Delivery took 3 days for next day service.

This review was modified by zulu100 on May 07 2015 03:12:11 AM

"I remember writing a review for the same order (Not sure in this site or some where). I had written very good review in the early days when I got the laptop. I had to revise that review. Their built, durability of the laptop are very bad. Especially with the plastic case (chassis) that they use. It is of no use when you encase good parts in the cheap and brittle plastic cases."

"There are two sides to a coin. If you are looking for a good machine for a decent price, you found your place. These guys can provide with what you are looking for via a simple to use portal. Unfortunately when it comes to returns and warranty (RMA) brace yourself. The RMA department is filled with untrained personnel. You can always complain to their 1st line support but after multiple phone calls I found these guys to be covering their own back.

To sum up: this is a great place to buy whatever you need... just pray it never brakes as it will take few weeks before you get it back.

This review was modified by Richardk_ on April 15 2015 09:33:24 AM

"We ordered 3 computers and had them all within one week, the first computer to be made came in 3 days. Unbelievable service, they inform about every step of production. Fast customer service too. Nothing negative to report, the mini pcs we bought look amazing

thanks pcspecialist!

This review was modified by e1mariachi on August 19 2014 11:47:05 AM

"This was my first purchase from pc specialist, and I was very impressed with the service, I was kept informed every step of the way, and when I phoned up the support num the man at the end could not have been more helpful, I would definatly use them again, and recommend them to my friends and family. "

"Excellent supplier. Wide range of options. My PC was built and delivered on time, and was exactly as ordered."

"First time i have used pc specialist
Found them very straight forward to deal with
and you get a nice computer at the end
Time is only the time it takes to build??
hope it runs for some time before having any problems
and i will be happy..

"Computer is well assembled, cable management could be just a bit better but everything looks solid.
I found just two things wich are making me crazy over this pc. Optical drive is very loud and the "shelve" is making me feel that i will have to replace it soon, and the second thing is bios configuration.

Overal i can advice them. They seems to be real specialist and support is absolutly perfect. 8,5/10

I'm very demanding customer because i know much about computers and overclocking. For most common users that Computer could be rated 11/10.

"Couple of issues:No side fan switch retaining screws, Graphics card fans initially not working, only noticed when the computer shut down (solved problem when I swapped over swapped over PCI cables).
Shipping was a disaster took 3 days for 'Yodel' to deliver not good for a next day service.

"Ordered 8 PC's in total. Communications during building couldn't be faulted, with pretty much daily updates on how the order is progressing from build to test to dispatch. The only real problem we had was with delivery, and that is purely down to the lack of a dispatch note so we can check what we receive against what was sent, and also required a bit of chasing up regarding additional items which weren't included in the first shipment. Quality of the machines is high, and also packaging was quite sturdy and well padded."

"1st time purchasing from PCS, they have a good website, the 'configurator' is very good.

It took them well over 2 weeks to let me know that the hd I ordered was not available and they couldn't get one so had to choose either a smaller or larger one, ok no big deal, would have been better to hear this perhaps within a week or so of order.

Received my pc well after 3 weeks, only 2 minor issues,

1) After starting up the machine, there was a very noticable rattling noise, even during idling, which I thought might have been a case fan slightly catching or something. It turned out to be a very slightly loosely fitted mobo, now let me state that it wasn't very loose, just slightly in need of a VERY gentle tighten up which I did very carefully, this fixed it completely and there is no more rattle whatsoever.

I did call them about this and they thought it might be a fan catching on a wire or something, which is what I initially thought. Ah well, having had a good look around inside the case I am very glad I have solved that issue. However, I have never had any issues such as this with any of the 'major' computer companies, a small but potentially problematic detail such as this should have been noticed by their "quality control".

2) The chassis fan sensor in the bios is inaccurate & very erratic. I called them about this and they said that this is common and is perfectly ok and how it would be far more serious if it were the cpu fan, which I agree with on the whole, but then I would check it out properly if I were running a so called "quality control" dept. I was told that the voltages in these simple fans vary a lot and this is how the sensor monitors it.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but once again, when I have previously bought computers from Dell or other major vendors, everything was 100%, and if not, replaced faster than I could believe.

It's only 10 days since my purchase and having fixed the loud rattling as mentioned above, I am happy with my new pc and hope it will last.

Having called them 2 or 3 times by phone, I got the distinct impression that they were wanting to get off the phone as fast as possible, but maybe my issues were very small and unimportant.

I therefore rated as overall "Somewhat Satisfied", "good prices", "very slow delivery time", "not very likely to buy again from PCS", "customer service fair".

"Positive review

Great choice of parts offered for a good price.
Arrived in 11 working days, as was suggested to us by them as the time it would take.
Bullguard free trial easy to activate
Excellent monitor, good speakers and wireless mice/keyboard combo

Teething issues;
Computer occasionally crashes; possible connection to windows 7 updates.
No explaination as to what eSata wire does.
1 large fan on side does not work; although the other 3 do work extremly well although one isnt properly secured as the frount sections can be removed to expose direct possible contact to it e.g a child putting their finger on it and slice...

"I recently purchased a laptop from PC Specialist. As a first time buyer from a company I had only just come across via google search, I was sceptical. However I have found the service and product to be of a good standard. I would definetly recommend PC specialist to anyone purchasing a laptop whereby they like to add their own "personal touch" to the specification of their product.

Very Pleased.

Share PC Specialist's store rating

PC Specialist is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Specialist is not a merchant member
PC Specialist does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!