• PC Specialist

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.05/10 7.05/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.58/10 6.58/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I can honestly say that PCSpecialist have delivered on my laptop. It is thin and fast, and very attractive. It did take a couple of weeks from ordering to having the item dispatched but I was in no hurry so all is well!"

"The service from my order with PC Specialist was top class.
I ordered a 17 inch screen laptop and 8gigs ram and a fairly meaty processor by telephone and paid for it.
This created a build order for me and I was kept informed of the build stage and testing.
They quoted 2 weeks online for me and 2 weeks later a shiny new computer arrived at my house !
I would recommend them and you will get the exact build spec you ask for.

This review was modified by robaldridge on September 01 2015 03:02:30 AM

"I wanted a customised PC, and found the PC Specialist site very easy to use and select what I wanted. The site checked for compatibility issues, so I did not have to worry. After selection it was a simple case of paying and waiting for my PC to be built, tested and delivered. It all went very smoothly. I am very impressed with my machine, and it is doing all that I want it to do. I would happily recommend PC Specialist to others."

This review was modified by ALAN-HUMPHREY19072015 on August 31 2015 07:15:51 AM

"Very happy with the PC from PC Specialist, it was packaged well when it arrived and have no issues with it.The web site was easy to use, the wait time from order to delivery was a bit long but they kept me up to date on my order.Overall good quality service."

This review was modified by DonnyD on August 31 2015 03:53:42 AM

"The ordering process and the interface was very friendly, flexible and customisable too.... even though the delivery took a while due to the pre production still worth the wait as it arrives and my new laptop now is awesome. I recommend this to my friends and whoever wanted to bu extreme laptops."

This review was modified by mbcatubig_14 on August 28 2015 07:38:42 PM

"I can't really complain and nor do I want to. When ordering it I was expectant of a 2-4 week window for building (even if I was hoping for 2 weeks to get it on my birthday!) and it arrived well within that time.

Very helpful staff when it came to changes being made to the build (case out of stock and an SSD instead of HDD).

I made a very cheap build all things considered and as a first time PC owner (I've been a Mac heathen my whole life) I am very happy.

This review was modified by tomokyo on August 27 2015 03:43:10 AM

"Great Service, Good Price and Quality. From ordering to Setting up my PC, PC Specialist made it an easy smooth process. Really nice to get regular updates and advice to help set up my PC via emails"

"This was my second full system from this company and , as before, the pre-and post-sales support has been exemplary. This is not an outfit that will encourage you to spend more than you need to, they advise common-sense and what will do the job you want done. What more could you ask for?"

This review was modified by MikeAsh1 on August 24 2015 04:19:55 AM

"Excellent build quality and customer service, would highly recommend."

"The PC is in super good quality, and dispatch was very fast. Got my babe within 2 weeks time... particularly liked the on line tracking system, as I can get direct visibility about where my good are. Surely will re-visit some point. "

This review was modified by fireboy966 on August 24 2015 02:29:45 AM

"I had used PC specialist once before, so decided to come back to get a computer for my sister from them. Setting up the components I wanted on their website was easy and painless, ordering again painless. So when I got my PC I was lucky it only took 4 days to make it, yet with this one it took some what longer than expected, which we could allow as we were going away. So we called them up about this and they said they would hold the computer until a certain date which was great and pain free, then when it came to the date they said they would dispatch it, it got dispatched and came to us in one piece ready to start up."

This review was modified by BinoWoo on August 24 2015 12:48:05 AM

"I was very impressed by the services provided by Pc Specialist with multiple things really sticking with me. The first was the manor in which they resolved my credit card being declined. When the issue was fixed they made it easy to order the same thing again without going through the setup again. Then when the computer arrived the instructions were clear and helpful with enough packaging to make sure that it wouldn't be damaged at all. There were no issue with the computer itself and I am very happy with my choice of company and would recommend to anyone else who is looking for a hassle free order. All in all very good.

"Excellent service, great turn round, would have been 5 stars but cables to hard drive came lose during transit because they were too tight/short "

"Well made PC. Tidy job. Reliable site. Would recommend. "

This review was modified by NialGooch on August 19 2015 11:09:16 AM

"I bought a £962 laptop on 3rd June. Everything during build was great with updates via email and text throughout, along with great tracking on delivery.

The laptop was then delivered and within 2 weeks the screen started flickering. (prior to this I emailed over a separate enquiry and heard nothing for 5 days until I eventually rang up). I emailed about the flickering screen and was emailed back the next day advising that I request an RMA via logging into my account.

I did this and got the laptop picked up and delivered back within a week. This problem unfortunately couldn't be fixed on site as this isn't a service they offer. Bear in mind that this laptop was the sole device I was using for my start up business, other than my mobile phone. A week without it was damaging but I came to terms that it had to be done. I was told I should just borrow a laptop from someone else in the meantime. Yep, laptops are an easy commodity to borrow.

I received the laptop back with confirmation that the issue was now fixed. I carried on as normal until the same issue started happening again, no more than 2 weeks later than I just received it back.

On the 3rd August I emailed again with a 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' (I was told to put this in the subject of the email by a PC Specialist team member if I wanted to make a complaint). Today, 17th Aug is 2 weeks after that formal complaint email was sent, and I have heard absolutely nothing from them.

I have emailed politely 6 times now, following on from my previous email each time so the thread isn't lost. I am yet to receive acknowledgement. The space bar on the laptop is also faulty, so this was also raised as an issue.

Today I had 2 x calls with separate prospecting clients. On both calls I was informed that the microphone seems to be faulty as they cannot hear me properly, with a lot of static and other noises coming through. I gave the laptop a thorough check and came to the only conclusion that the microphone must also be fault now as well. This has showed me to be unreliable to prospective clients, meaning I have potentially lost business.

Usually I would take it as these things happen, but this is heavily affecting my livelihood and the success of my start up business. I don't expect to spent £962 to receive a faulty machine and zero customer service. Surely no one would expect that.

To conclude faults on my £962 laptop:
- flickering screen (2 x occasions this fault has come about)
- faulty space bar
- faulty microphone

With all of the positive reviews online, I of course trusted this company; clearly I am the unlucky one who has been treated awfully ever since receiving my product.

I wish to return the product for a full refund, but not quite sure how I'm going to get this as not one person from the company will reply to me.

Think carefully before using. Especially if you are attempting to start a business and absolutely need your product working properly.

Complaining via a 3rd party review site is a last resort after all of the problems I have. Just hope this will get the issue fixed and I can move on but I'm not holding my breath.

This review was modified by jmmachine on August 17 2015 05:20:36 AM

Share PC Specialist's store rating

PC Specialist is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Specialist is not a merchant member
PC Specialist does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!