Stores > PC Specialist

Customer service: Rating 8.89/10 8.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.67/10 8.67/10
2017-01-18

Recoil Series 15.6inch Laptop

"Bought a PC Specialist laptop to be my main machine for photo editing. Went for high specifications, I loved getting rid of things I didn't need (non-ssd hard drive etc). All in all, the experience of buying from PC Specialist was only a pain because I could not decide which machine to choose. Ones you get the swing of things, it is very very easy.

I moved from a MacBook pro (2010) and paid a really reasonable amount for specifications that are way beyond what the current macbooks offer.

Build quality is really good, combination of high quality plastics and metals. Screen is great for what I want, offering 92% SRGB when calibrated. Has all the bells and whistles in terms of USB ports, HDMI etc.

The touchpad will take a bit of getting used to but that is just a matter of time.

Awesome laptop, awesome service (the patience shown with my obsession for finding out SRGB percentages is admirable). With a lot of things, you do get what you pay for. If you need a high spec laptop to run complex software, do not hesitate to use PC Specialist as long as you know what you need. I would expect the same build quality to be applied to cheaper laptops, so bells and whistles or not, so far this laptop has exceeded my expectations.

Shipped safely in handy box that I will probably use to keep it all safe when moving it around

Lastly, the one thing I hated to deal with is bloatware, extras included when you buy branded laptops. Not when you buy through PC Specialist. One machine. One clean install of windows 10. Job Done.

This review was modified by cvaughanphoto on January 18 2017 07:00:03 PM

Perfect Gamers PC

"I purchased the gaming PC from here as was recommended by a friend. This was a Christmas present for my son who I haven't seen since, unless he is hungry... really happy with the purchase and highly recommend PC Specialist. After sales are great also."

This review was modified by ggarmstrong24 on January 16 2017 01:15:01 PM

Returns, No problem!

"I had my new All in One PC delivered just before Christmas (2016), On the initial switch on the was a slight fault with the screen. I phoned PC Specialist and spent quite some attempting a repair remotely. However, it was not able to be fixed. I repacked my PC and it was collected, repaired and returned to me within 2 weeks. Which I thought was quite excellent customer service considering the time of year.
I would happily recommend PC Specialist to anybody.
MIcky Goble,
Plymouth.

This review was modified by piermaster2 on January 16 2017 05:45:01 AM

100% Recommend!

"I could not recommend PC Specialist more - from choosing each individual part in my custom build to the packaging it arrived in, everything was so stress free and straightforward. Their communication along the way was brilliant, a component that I had requested was temporarily out of stock, but they let me know ASAP and did everything they could to still get the PC out to me on time.

I got this rig for streaming and it runs like a beast, so quiet, ultra fast, and looks badass to top it all off. You can tell that quality craftsmanship went into this build, it's extremely clean and just a treat for the eyes!

Their website interface is second to none, makes every aspect of the building / ordering process so simple.

Could not be happier with my PC!

This review was modified by Jessinubkins on January 16 2017 05:45:01 AM

2017-01-14

Absolutely Brilliant

"Very happy with the purchase of my new computer and the services available. Happy with everything."

This review was modified by goodant98 on January 14 2017 04:30:02 AM

2017-01-14

Needed a replacement PC

"I needed a replacement PC and PCSpecialist fitted the job in the value for money department. I received my order quickly and am satisfied with the delivered machine."

This review was modified by ardoughter on January 14 2017 03:45:01 AM

2017-01-10

awesome

"pc specialist was awesome they made me a amazing pc that i did not have to put together for a reasonable price "

2017-01-10

good price, great service

"at all times from confirming my order, through production, dispatch and delivery I was able to check on my computers progress. every stage of its build was completed on time according to the schedule pc specialist set out or earlier, and the courier they used had the best tracking system ive come across.
in summary I received my computer as specified, on time and have been very happy with the service

2017-01-09

Great Gaming PC

"Very fast and good Gaming PC with intel i7 and a very good graphics card! Great customer service too! Case looks great with the LED lights! Good shipping too! :) Thanks!"

This review was modified by tylerbsmith1 on January 09 2017 11:05:29 AM

2017-01-08

Amazing!

"Got my son a gaming computer, fast delivery, works well, and makes him really happy!"

2017-01-06

Dreadful experience with PCspecialist laptop

"My PCspecialist laptop bought in June of 2015 was a disaster from the start. The letter below sent to the MD of the company gives a potted history of the sorry saga yet the problem was never resolved, I had to provide a bodge myself to continue using the machine. I would discourage any but specialist users who might be more tolerant of poor user interfaces and support to avoid this company and buy from a known supplier. I have had many laptops in the past and have not had cause to return them This machine I had to return at least five times, once at my own expense, and still the problems were not fixed. Keep away.

I

Dear Sir

On Friday 20th May your employee, Richard Dowds send me an email including the statement:

“We understand that customers are our most valuable asset and because of this I would like to do all I can to ensure we keep you as our customer.”
The phone call that followed contradicted this entirely.
I received my laptop from your company on the 26 June 2015 and sent a message three days later entitled “My new PC is impossible to use”. There were two problems:
1. Very poor WiFi reception.
2. Oversensitive touch pad.
The first was fixed after some to-ing and fro-ing. The second remains a bug-bear to this day despite more than 100 emails between us. The whole sorry saga is contained in those emails of which I am sure your company has a record. During that saga I have asked for my money back a number of times since PCSpecialist have not been able to fix the problem, despite many returns. On the last return it came back with the same old problem, plus a really annoying delay which I suppose was meant to be a fix. I wrote again asking for a refund and on the 10th May 2016 a refund return was set in motion much to my relief.
Now I must make it clear that I am no novice in the computing world. I was a programmer many years ago and have owned and used at least 4 PCs and 6 laptops (none of which I have needed to return) so to be told by your employee Richard Dowds in the phone call mentioned above that there was nothing wrong with the machine at all was as insulting as it was upsetting. He stated bluntly that my money would not be returned and when I asked what could be done given that I had not imagined or invented the problem he had no answer to give except that mentioned in the attached!.
Later he emailed to say that the case would be taken up by his manager to which I replied as attached. The manager did not reply. Mr Dowds simply sent an email once again rejecting my request for a refund and stating that the machine will be returned to me.
I am at a loss as to what to do and am therefore writing to you to ask you to intervene. It is plain that the machine cannot be fixed and plain that I cannot spend years fighting this incapacitating and frustrating fault. I am a very, very unhappy and now unwilling customer.

R E Walters

Mr Dowds

I really do not think that you appreciate my frustration at all. To be told that there is nothing wrong with my machine by you when I have had a miserable experience for nearly one year simply added to my frustration.
And to state, as you did, that a refund would have been possible if we had had this conversation shortly after delivery incensed me even more. I checked. The machine was delivered on 26/6/2015 and I wrote an email entitled “My new PC is impossible to use” on the 29/6/2015 reporting the exact same touchpad problem which I still have!
And to suggest, as you did, that the only solution is to use an external mouse added insult injury: comparable, as it is, to suggesting to the owner of a malfunctioning SatNav system that he reverts to maps!
Please ensure that your manager sees this email and is appraised of the 60 plus emails that have passed between PCSpecialist and myself in the last eleven months.
Meanwhile I await a more reasonable response to my refund return (suggested by your company on 12th May) from your manager on Monday. For obvious reasons I require that all further communication must be in written form.

----- R E Walters ------

This review was modified by RobWalters on January 06 2017 01:00:38 PM

2017-01-03

quick and easy

"Order the PC for gaming as we are just setting up a driving simulator to run alongside our Race team to train drivers.
I used PC specialist for its quick and easy spec'ing area on the website and know fast deliver. PC turned u a couple of days before i expected it and before christmas even though i only ordered it a week before. Came well packaged and All as i expected and ready to run with no issues.
will be ordering from them again when i need my next PC

This review was modified by peter-26923 on January 03 2017 02:09:10 AM

2017-01-02

I've placed a second order with PCSpecialist.... Why wouldn't I ? You're in fantastic company :-)

"After recently ordering from PCSpecialist for the first time, I didn't have any hesitation in placing my next order (1166477) with them. I spend an average of 15K a year on computers and in the space of two weeks, I've entrusted over 10% of that spend with PCSpecialist so I think it's safe to say that they will receive the remaining budget throughout the year.
Again, telephone staff were very polite and informative. Placing the order on their website is a doddle with the order and payment confirmation promptly received. In-fact, the whole process from order to delivery is transparent with every stage updated via email. The laptop ordered/received is first class just like the delivery.. again updated via email every stage of the way... The hour delivery slot was spot on... well done DPD again. I wish all at PCSpecialist a Happy New Year and many thanks.

2017-01-02

Galaxic Heaven

"Fantastic service from start to finish, best system and specification for my budget.
Simple and effective means of building own gaming computer.
Trustworthy site and fantastic postage service.
Top quality for a lot less costing than High Street stores with added bonus of better spec.
Recommended.

This review was modified by Shaky on January 02 2017 01:53:58 AM

2017-01-01

The view of a Silver Surfer.

"I am highly delighted with my new laptop, I was able to specify exactly what I wanted. I am going to a class to update my skills in Lightroom & Photoshop so an IPS screen was highly desirable. Everything I wanted was installed & I was amazed to receive it on the 23rd December. Overall I am very pleased with my new laptop & look forward to using it when I join the class early in the New Year "

This review was modified by JCMA on January 01 2017 11:57:04 PM

Share PC Specialist's store rating

PC Specialist is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Specialist is not a merchant member
PC Specialist does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!