PC Specialist Reviews - pcspecialist.co.uk/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.83/10 84 reviews

PC Specialist is not a merchant member
PC Specialist does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This was my first purchase from pc specialist, and I was very impressed with the service, I was kept informed every step of the way, and when I phoned up the support num the man at the end could not have been more helpful, I would definatly use them again, and recommend them to my friends and family. "

"Excellent supplier. Wide range of options. My PC was built and delivered on time, and was exactly as ordered."

"First time i have used pc specialist
Found them very straight forward to deal with
and you get a nice computer at the end
Time is only the time it takes to build??
hope it runs for some time before having any problems
and i will be happy..

Rating 8/104/5

"Computer is well assembled, cable management could be just a bit better but everything looks solid.
I found just two things wich are making me crazy over this pc. Optical drive is very loud and the "shelve" is making me feel that i will have to replace it soon, and the second thing is bios configuration.

Overal i can advice them. They seems to be real specialist and support is absolutly perfect. 8,5/10

I'm very demanding customer because i know much about computers and overclocking. For most common users that Computer could be rated 11/10.

Rating 6/103/5

"Couple of issues:No side fan switch retaining screws, Graphics card fans initially not working, only noticed when the computer shut down (solved problem when I swapped over swapped over PCI cables).
Shipping was a disaster took 3 days for 'Yodel' to deliver not good for a next day service.

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered 8 PC's in total. Communications during building couldn't be faulted, with pretty much daily updates on how the order is progressing from build to test to dispatch. The only real problem we had was with delivery, and that is purely down to the lack of a dispatch note so we can check what we receive against what was sent, and also required a bit of chasing up regarding additional items which weren't included in the first shipment. Quality of the machines is high, and also packaging was quite sturdy and well padded."

"Positive review

Great choice of parts offered for a good price.
Arrived in 11 working days, as was suggested to us by them as the time it would take.
Bullguard free trial easy to activate
Excellent monitor, good speakers and wireless mice/keyboard combo

Teething issues;
Computer occasionally crashes; possible connection to windows 7 updates.
No explaination as to what eSata wire does.
1 large fan on side does not work; although the other 3 do work extremly well although one isnt properly secured as the frount sections can be removed to expose direct possible contact to it e.g a child putting their finger on it and slice...

"I recently purchased a laptop from PC Specialist. As a first time buyer from a company I had only just come across via google search, I was sceptical. However I have found the service and product to be of a good standard. I would definetly recommend PC specialist to anyone purchasing a laptop whereby they like to add their own "personal touch" to the specification of their product.

Very Pleased.

"After months of searching for some resseler of clevo notebooks and through extesive forum reading and comparing of many different companies i found one which was even operating at uk, which was very convinient for im staying in ireland. and most of all this company, Pc specialist has very little negative feedback from customers which is usually a good indicator of how they are doing things and was the most important things for me. You just dont want to spend 2000 euros on a computer to find out it has some issues and struggle with unhelpful customer services. Well it payed off so far. Pc specialist have competetive prices, wide selection and my offered the exact model with specifications i was looking for. Ordering was easy enough and about two-three weeks later (soon enough but it was pain anyway) dhl delivered the computer, which is flawless. Everything working wonderful, preinstalled system was free of any bloatware and so far i cant really complain about anything. I havent been dealing with their customer services so far (except of short messaging during the ordering proces) so i cant really rate this yet, but all and all i can really recommend pc specialist for anyone living on the Islands and hope my experiences with them stays the same."

"Great service. Very happy with my purchase :)"

"Absolutely fantastic thank you! Arrived quickly, eacy to set up and all working brilliantly. Would highly recommend."

"From the time of placing my order to the delivery time I received good advice on my choice of build. After receiving my laptop I had a couple of minor issues which were solved very quickly, one was fixed by them remotely operating my laptop which was rather amusing, watching the mouse pointer flying round the screen clicking on various boxes whilst I sat back and watched. Now all is well and works very fast indead!
My finished laptop had the following spec:
Chassis & Display Optimus II: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Dual Core Processor i7-2620M (2.70GHz) (Special Offer)
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M - 1GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st Hard Disk Partitions 500GB, 250GB
2nd Hard Disk NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive SONY BC-5500H 4x BLURAY ROM/DVD WRITER & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Surround 5.1 PRO
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery Optimus Series 6 Cell Lithium-ION Battery - 48.85WH
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 90W Adaptor (GT 540M) / 120W Adaptor (GT 555M)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (1 License Product Key Card)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Rating 4/102/5

"Very quite drive.
But problem is that it crashed my outlook contact and email programme in particulars of fonts!
All Japanese fonts gone funny and cannot read at all. It is the biggest problem I am facing,
My IT support told me nothing I can do about it. Is that right?
Anyway I am not happy currently as I do not know how to deal with this problem.

"Having read some reviews and adverts for PC Specialist (PCS) in the magazine PC Advisor, I decided to visit their website as I was looking for a new computer at a lowish cost per spec.

I was immediately impressed with the website and the ability to customise then save the quote. After a few days considering and comparing I decided to go ahead and order from PC Specialist.

I again was extremely impressed with the informative emails that kept me in touch with the progress of my PC and considering I ordered just before a Bank Holiday weekend my order was progressed rapidly and delivered safely.

My regard for PC Specialist continued in this vein as I opened the packaging and viewed the contents. As promised all the CD's/DVD's were present (incl Win 7) and an informative PCS booklet.

I have now had the PC for approx 10 days and everything works perfectly and up to the expectations that had been building up since my first visit to their website. I rest easy in the knowledge that should there be any problems in the near future my PC will be collected, repaired and returned free of charge.

It just remains for me to congratulate PC Specialist on a job well done.

I will certainly buy from them again and recommend them to all my customers. (Please note, I am not connected with PCS in any way).

" Such a good company! In just 5 days my PC was ready and delivered in outstanding condition. Big thanks to you guys, who worked on my computer. It has not any issues. Everything works as it should do. I am satisfied. Well done!"