Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

PC Richard & Son User

"Very poor customer service. Awful communication made for delivery and very minimal respect for customers! I would never recommend anyone to this store!"

PC Richard & Son User

"Very disappointed with this store. Bought a tablet, opened the box, obviously, tried working on it, didn't really like it. Came back to the store (within 30 days) to return it & the manager REFUSED to do a return. Because, I quote "The box has been opened and I've "used" it." Even though I had all the accessories and the box, tablet was in a new condition. Will NEVER shop at this store again."

"Very nasty on phone and just canceled order for no reason"

"The worst. After installing a defective dishwasher in my mother's NYC apartment( it would not run at all),they installed a second dishwasher, also defective. Even though we could not get it to run, it caused a flood in the walls, damaging 2 apartments below and it too needed to be removed.(Both DW's were GE, and I was later told they were pulling the model from the website because they had had so many problems with them). I filed a damage claim for the building with PC; they admitted fault and assured me they would take care of the damages and repairs. This was November 2013..they have yet to address the damage. My 83 year old Mother has a brain injury and is being harassed by residents, staff and the building owner for an appliance she never even used, for reasons she does not understand. Subsequent emails and calls to PC Richards were ignored. Shop anywhere but there."

modified review This review was modified by voxval on April 10 2014 02:56:45 PM

"I purchased so many appliances for my newly renovated home and was promised that I won't be disatisfied with my appliances. They even talked me into purchasing warranties for all my appliances for a high price tag. I wanted to purchase square trade warranties but they promised me that there warranties were the best. Promising me that these were no hassle warranties. After a year, my range broke down. I tried to use my warranty and the cons at PC richards came over to my house to look at my range. They saw a few mouse dropping behind my range and refused to fix my range without getting my whole house exterminated. Ok so I paid $50 to get my house exterminated and emailed my receipt to PC richards. They are now telling me that my warranty is void. The worst company to deal with. Never never purchase anything from them. I know I wont.
Order # 0311227992
Invoice # 31-1227992-1

"I recently purchased a car stereo and speaker system for my son’s car as an early Xmas gift. When I e purchased the whole system, I told the salesperson that I needed the entire system so that my son could listen to music in his car (a 1991 Volvo 240) since it had no radio. I was assured that store would install the system, but I would need to purchase some additional parts, which I did. Once the parts came in, I was scheduled an installation appointment on Sunday, November 18th at 2:00 at the Manchester store. When I arrived there for my appointment, I was told rather rudely that the installer had no time to install the stereo and I would have to reschedule. I rescheduled for Wed., Nov. 21st. When I brought the car in today, I waited 2 ½ hours for installation which I assumed included the speakers since it was stated on my receipt. Imagine my surprise when I got the car back with no speakers! When I called the store, I was told by a manager that it was my fault that I had purchased the wrong size speakers (no one told me what size was needed and I assumed that the salesperson would tell me the correct ones) and I would have to come back yet again to purchase an entire new system with speakers since the system I bought only worked with the speakers that came with the stereo and did not fit my son’s car. Not only that, but I would also have to reschedule yet again for installation, This would make a total of 4 times I had to come to the store to simply get a stereo and have it installed.
To be honest, this was the first and probably last time I will ever shop in your store. Not only that, but since I work with the public, I will tell people every chance I get about my terrible experience at your store. I had hoped to get my son a Xmas gift and instead got a terrible experience.

"The company charged my card on some one else order

they cant find my order number .

and they send me an old model tv instead the one i ordered

every time i called they told me that i dont have an order with them and when i call the credit card company they told them that i ordered 2 tvs the provided falls recipets with a fake signutre
they runing a ponzy sceam with samsung tv

i called samsung and they told me that the model that i got not to be sold its for show room only

"I bought a Samsung flat screen tv from PC Richards in Newington, CT. The sales person was very pushy trying to get us to buy the floor model tv (which by the way was not turned on) and said it looked exactly like one of the models they had hanging on their wall. Well needless to say, when I got it home, the tv has a horrible picture quality as well as a drag in the picture. Seeing that it is a floor model, I was told I am not able to return it. I was at least smart enough to buy the warranty and I will be calling them to repair this tv. Needless to say, I will never buy another product from them again. Apparently since they work off commissions, they don’t care what type of product they sell, as long as they sell it!"

"Stay away from this company. If you buy a product from them that is defective and you do not get an extended warranty, they are of no help at all."

"I'm very disappointed with my experience with pcrichard.com. I've placed an order for a couple of items. 10 days after that I had still not received anything and I had not heard back from the seller. I contacted them by their online form and got a response to call them. I tried to call, but the call was getting disconnected. A couple of days later when I finally reached someone on the phone they said the items are out of stock. I could have very well purchased them somewhere else if the page said the items are back ordered without a clear shipping date.

Buyers beware - the items they claim are in stock might not be. If there is a problem, they wait for you to contact them. When you want to reach them - good luck.

"Dear Mr Gary Richards CEO
I'm Taking this opportunity to let you know how satified I am with the services I have received at the Riverhead store #14.
On 7/24/2011 I was helped enormously by your employee Mr Glenn Hopkins on purchasing 2 flat screen tv's.
He was very knowledgible,helpful and courteous and it was a pleasure to deal with him. He is a great asset to your company

The installers who set up our tv's-PAUL & DAVE were fantastic
also. Courteous and knowledgable also. It was a pleasure also to deal with them. I will continue to do business with this store and Glenn.

All in all it was a most pleasurable experience. Please acknowledge these dedicated employees.
Sincerely, Mrs Mary Ann Tramontozzi.

"Purchased an AC on Sunday after our old one burnt out. The salesman, while friendly and helpful, apparently sold me an AC I couldn't use as explained by the installer on Wednesday. We exchanged the AC for the proper AC and of course more money and got an install date of Saturday. Not our fault the AC was wrong, I gave the saleman the specs but now had to wait again. Saturday morning we receive the installers call that they are scheduled for between 1 to 5PM, unacceptable. First call to the store, left on hold 15 minutes, hang up and recall. Second call, again left on hold for 15 minutes while they look for the salesman who never answers. I place a third call and ask for the Manager, who finally comes to the phone after another 10 minute wait but offers no help, just responds he has "no pull" in the installation department. The forth call is to customer service, again a wait, and I speak to a rep that tells me "well, thats the time you are scheduled for". I will never use PC Richard again."

"Yesterday, June 1, 2011 I purchased a 10000 btu Generations by PCRichards air conditioner with extended warranty from their store in Bayside, NY. The salesman told me I could return the unit to the store if it didn't fit the window. We tried to put the unit in the aluminum storm and screen window and found that it could only be installed through extensive carpentry work to the window. I repacked the unit and took it back to the store where they told me they wouldn't give me a refund or store credit because the item was non-refundable. I signed the ticket thinking it was for my credit card, but below it in small print was the non-return non-refundable clause. I consider this fraud. RICHARD IS NOT RELIABLE....It's the Company You Can't Trust."

"I purchased a 40" Sony TV in Sept '08 and bought the extended service protection plan, which I never do because of the run around you get when you file a claim. Well on March 17 2011 the sound went out so I called PC Richards. The next day they had a serviceman call and arrived at the time he stated. The set was taken back to the repair shop which didn't surprise me. What did surprise me was an email two days later saying that a tech was looking at the set. Four more emails followed telling me every move they made. The repair was made in four business days from the time I called. I'm can't get over the communication. Outstanding!"

"First time to order from this store. Very good price on a Onkyo receiver. Took two days to ship order. Received updated emails. Arrived in two days after shipping. Much faster than I had thought. I ask for an invoice via email and I received a reply in less than an hour. I would buy from them again."

modified review This review was modified by cadprofessor on February 17 2011 11:01:47 AM

PC Richard & Son is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Richard & Son is not a merchant member
PC Richard & Son does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!