• Address: 16366 Westwoods Business Park Dr Ellisville, MO 63021
    • Phone: 636-527-5924
    • Customer Support: 636-527-5924
    • Business Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm
    • Fax: 707-598-2734

"I've been using their products for years. They are definitely my "go-to" vendor of choice for software to solve technical issues and increase performance. I'm currently using PC Matic and it works just as advertized. More importantly, the Technical Support that they provide is by far the best on the web; they react to all support requests extremely quickly and professionally.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

"Forced to Pay Restocking Fee on Defective Item

Before you make a purchase from PC-Pitstop, you should read here what happens if you try to work with this vendor to resolve a problem, instead of just forcing them to give you a refund:

I purchased a 4 Bay Hotswap SATA RAID Enclosure from PC-Pitstop, and initially, the product seemed perfectly functional. However, after I had owned it for a few weeks, I discovered a serious problem: one of my drives was permanently stuck in the "hotswap" drive bay.

I contacted PC-Pitstop and made my fatal error: instead of demanding a refund for the defective product, I asked "how can we work together to solve this problem?"

I sent a series of emails back and forth with their technical staff for a few weeks, and in hindsight, I should have realized that they were stalling for time. For, you see, even though the original email was sent within their 30 Day Return policy, I did not specifically ask for a refund at that time.

Eventually, the technical staff recommended that I PURCHASE a replacement part to fix the problem - this was the last straw for me - so I told them that I was done trying to work out the problem and that I just wanted to return it for a refund. I was given an RMA # and I returned the product.

About six weeks later, I received a notification from my credit card company saying that since I had not returned the product, they would not honor the disputed charge. After a series of angry phone calls, it turned out that they HAD received the returned product - it must have been sitting on their loading dock for a month. Here's what Paul Haley, President of PC Pitstop, wrote in response to the chargeback:

" If we get the unit back, we will refund him the 399.00 minus 15% restocking fee because he wants to return the product outside of the 30 day return window. We did not have to accept the return but we are doing so to be "nice". "

After much discussion with a dispute specialist at my credit card company, it turns out that Paul Haley is "right." Even though I started trying to resolve the problem WITHIN the 30 day return window, since I did not specifically ask for a refund in my original email, I have no recourse whatsoever at this time. All PC Pitstop had to do was drag out the emails beyond the 30 day window, and then suggest I PURCHASE something to fix their defect - and as far as the credit card company is concerned, they honored their policies and I can no longer dispute any part of the charge.

Live and learn, learn to never purchase anything from PC-Pitstop again.

"Stay away from these guys.
I bought a $1500 RAID Array (X8-RAID). My IT guy
couldn't get it to work with a Linux box. Even after getting on the phone with PC-Pitstops's Tech
support. So I RMA'd it.
Eventually they refunded my money - minus 15% for
restocking. The 15% chaps my hide. I can see a restocking fee for something that works. NOT for
something that doesn't work.

"A+ Website!Prices,easy navigation,super fast shipping and technical expertise.Many thanks Paul Haley for getting me up and running quickly.Sincerely,Richard Landis"

"I ordered a SCSI terminator. Tiny little thing, can't weigh more than an ounce. The price was $17. What shocked me was that the shipping on this tiny thing, which arrived in a lightweight box about 3"x3"x5", was over $8! (That was for FedEx Ground, the cheapest option available.) I don't necessarily have a problem with the price of the item itself, but I felt a little ripped off by the shipping charge."

"The best customer service I have experienced from an online store. Emails answered within hours and an actual phone number that a human answers. Great place to purchase your computer
needs.

"We bought a NAS from PC-Pitstop and while the verdict is still out on the NAS, I would like to comment on the service we recieved. Paul did a great job of trying to find out what we needed and answering all sorts of questions. Mark went way beyond the call of duty by helping us set up the NAS and when it acted up he helped solve the issues. They might not know everything about the NAS but they will work hard to fix it, very good about answering your call and/or calling back, and very patient. The problem was time consuming but Mark put in the time to solve it. Thank you Paul and in particualar Thank you Mark."

modified review This review was modified by PC Go Home on April 22 2007 12:20:01 PM

"Paul is swift, efficient and knowledgable. The website layout is easy to use and the service is personal. This has got to be one of the best buying/customer service experiences I have ever had - even better than Newegg!

Paul uses his experience to make sure you get what you need. He checks your order and makes sure you purchase a solution that will work - something very helpful if you are new to SCSI like I am.

We will definately be using PC-Pitstop for any SCSI needs we have in the future.

"I ordered a SCSI internal cable that had wires melted together under the shrink wrap. They wanted me to pay shipping cost to return it for a new one. Or pay shipping and restocking fee for a refund."

modified review This review was modified by mswlogo on February 24 2014 12:13:26 PM

"Great Company. Very quick turn around, and awesome customer service. I came to PC Pitstop after a really bad experience ordering a similar product from cooldrives.com which came defective. So I placed this order on PC Pitstop and boom put together, tested, and shipped the same day. Next day I was running raid6 and happy I went to PC pitstop"

"Working with PC Pitstop was not a good experience.

I purchased a SCSI hard-drive enclosure. Defective parts were used in the internal cable assembly (runs from the drives to the back panel of the enclosure) included with the product. A connector on this cable assy. failed during while I was testing the external cable connection the first time. When I unscrewed the external cable's thumb screws, both both attachment hex nuts on the internal cable came out with them. These nuts are supposed to stay, tight in the enclosure's back panel.

This forced me to repair the internal cable's connector in order to be able to reconnect the external cable running to the PC. Upon reassembly, the hex nut, fasteners holding the internal cable connector broke. I compared the broken hex nut fastener to a similar part pulled from an old laptop PC and it's clear, the part which broke was defective in that the hole for the thumbscrew was drilled too deep. This was not a case of the user over-torquing or over-tightening these nuts.

PC Pitstop refused to repair or replace the internal cable. They refused to even replace the defective nuts. The explanation was that the SCSI cable was not covered by the warranty because the user attempted to repair it and that it did not have replacement hex nuts available.

Now, I'm stuck with a brand new $99 SCSI enclosure which won't work.

In my opinion, PC Pitstop's service and support leave much to be desired. I will not consider it for future purchases.

"I ordered a SCSI 80-pin to 68-pin adapter on December 10, 2005 and the package was delivered to my door by the U.S. Postal Service three days later, December 13, 2005. Packed safely.

Thank You PC-Pitstop for the excellent service. I will, without a doubt shop from you again when needed.

Here's to your continued success :-)

"Quick to answer pre-order questions; items arrived in great condition.

I'll definitely buy from them again!

"I ordered a couple of scsi parts. Due to a backorder, the order did not ship until 3 days later (not bad). Fedex Ground delivered in 2 days from MO to GA. Shipping seemed a little high for Fedex Ground but since they use Fedex, I'm happy! Products are as advertised. Very good prices on some items. Somewhat limited selection. Will use again for my scsi needs."

modified review This review was modified by DexX on December 03 2004 07:27:28 PM

"Good price; website is OK. I wasn't able to print or save the order information (maybe a bug) so I had to copy it, though."

PC Pitstop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Pitstop is not a merchant member
PC Pitstop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!