Stores > PC Parts Unlimited

• PC Parts Unlimi

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"This is a terrible place to do business with send me a $310 Apple screen full of scratches, lines, and keyboard burns. I see someone else called out Mark Zinner as will I too.. This place is a fraud and Newegg.com should stop doing business with them.

I will quote a previous review because it says it all.

"Mike Zinner is a very rude, unprofessional and illogical person. I ordered a macbook pro part from newegg and ended up from this vendor. I contacted them that they sent out wrong part and I asked for a refund. He straight up refused to give a refund and gave some illogical reasons as to why. I will never purchase anything from them. I hope people will do some research before placing an order with PC parts Unlimited. I don't know how this business is still running and getting customers from well known websites.

I own a computer store and buy 100k on average in parts a year. I have never run into something like this.

"Mike Zinner is a very rude, unprofessional and illogical person. I ordered a macbook pro part from newegg and ended up from this vendor. I contacted them that they sent out wrong part and I asked for a refund. He straight up refused to give a refund and gave some illogical reasons as to why. I will never purchase anything from them. I hope people will do some research before placing an order with PC partst Unlimited. I dont know how this business is still running and getting customers from well known websites. "

This review was modified by justice4US on September 22 2015 09:10:15 PM

"BUYER BEWARE! This company is a fraud. I ordered a refurbished Gateway 3.06 computer. I ordered an extra cd rom drive, and a keyboard and mouse. The computer is a used generic case filled with old parts. The 2nd cd rom is missing. The keyboard is missing 3 keys. When I tried to complain to their point man, Mike Zinner, he hung up on me 3 times. When I complained that it was not a Gateway refurb, he laughed and said that at least it had some Gateway parts. I filed a review on their web page, giving it 1 star. They changed it to a 5 star review, and put my name on it. It is in the hands of my credit card company and the Ohio Attorney General."

This review was modified by pete452 on July 31 2015 05:08:26 PM

"My experience with ordering parts from them has been pretty easy. However, I can't say the same for their RMA process, they are not quick to credit your card well after they have received their merchandise back. Very poor customer service. Buyer Beware!"

" These people are nasty! I bought a motherboard from them via Sears.com. I canceled the order 12/1/14 30 minutes after I placed it. They sent out the order 12/2/14, 24 hours after it was canceled. UPS left it outside my door. When I called for them to send me a return label (Sears had just talked to Mark and he said he'd send it) they refused. I am between jobs, have no income, and am stuck with a $90 part I can't use. I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!"

This review was modified by cacarter96 on December 10 2014 12:03:20 PM

"These guys have always treated me right, even when I misorder something. Excellent company!"

This review was modified by LLCoolWas on October 29 2014 11:13:01 AM

"Great place to find hard to find parts. I buy from their website 2 or 3 times a week. Failure rates are common in computer parts so people who complain about that sort of thing clearly dont know what they are doing. "

This review was modified by James51 on October 10 2014 09:11:06 PM

"I have ordered a cooling fan for my macbook pro.
There was nothing indicating I was purchasing a used part on their web site.
1) They have sent me a used part
2) The condition was horrible and it didn't work.
3) I sent them an email and I got no responses for two days.

This review was modified by newsysop on October 01 2014 12:16:10 PM

"I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. My experience with PCPARTSOHIO.COM was VERY pleasant. They returned my emails in under 24 hours of working business days. NO COMPLAINTS. I have full faith in ordering from this company. Reason being; I ordered an ACER A500 TABLET 16GB from their site. I was skeptical, but said what the heck. I'll risk my $234.99 shipped strait to my door. This was the BEST and CHEAPEST price on the ENTIRE INTERNET after I scoured www.shopwiki.com www.aliexpress.com www.amazon.com www.ebay.com and MANNNNNYYYY other sites. I emailed the company about refund and return policies in case of DOA or other problems. I was politely informed that they have a 90 day return policy. Excellent! I was so anxious to put my order through; I never waited for a response regarding these questions. They responded promptly @10:30am on the following Monday (order placed on Saturday). Informing me I would receive a tracking # when my package shipped in 2-7 business days from UPS. I was also informed that they work with liquidations that’s why it may be delayed to ship. I said that was fine and eagerly awaited the email. I never received (to my knowledge) a tracking email. I may have missed it since I receive multiple emails an hour, and never clean my inbox. All in all, I WILL do business with them again. Soon, in fact. I will be ordering my wife a tablet as well. They are great. I was also informed that it may arrive with a scratch or two from shipping process, although there were NONE!!! :) The package arrived exactly 7 days from the day my card was charged (Monday). Everything worked right out of the box. There was no original packaging, which I was well aware of. One Charger, One Tablet. One ecstatic man. I am super pleased with www.pcpartsohio.com
PC Parts Unlimited Corp.
34675 Melinz Pkwy., Unit 105B
Eastlake, OH 44095

and look forward to doing business with them in the future. A+++

"Spammer - be careful of this company. Spammed me with an email where i could not remove myself from the email list. They said i made an order from 2003, it is 2011 and yet i cannot remove myself. Spammer who has no email ethics.
Proof Here: http://screencast.com/t/KEQIkectJfT

"Clearly a sleazebag operation. Checked their site to see what was available where it displayed "Two convenient locations!". Went to the location and it was awful looking. Lights in the entrance were off, old drywall sections cut out growing mold, wet phone books strewn on the floor, the people working there from what I could see behind a very tiny section of glass looked like they were getting ready for Operation Mongoose...and a sign on a chipped up door that read, "Order from our site, as we cannot deal with customers here"."

"I ordered a Notebook Battery for an HP-DV7. It did not last more than 3 months and it now only keeps a 10 minute charge. I called PC Parts and they were rude. They said I could pay $35.00 for a replacement and be without my battery for 3-4 days, which I'm ssure is longer because they wanted me to ship the old one back to them first. Or my other option was to keep it and deal with it. Very classy! Stay away from PC Pats"

"Used Hard Drives Misrepresented as New.

Seems like a lot of fellow reviewers had this same issue with this company.

I ordered two SATA hard drives, which were represented as new and factory sealed. When they arrived, they were NOT factory sealed with a dessicant pack in the bag, as all new drive are. Instead they were resealed, sloppily in antistatic bags, like it was done on a home vaccuum sealing unit.

So clearly these were not new drives as represented.

I'd never order from any company on the Internet without protecting yourself with a credit card so you can do a chargeback if needed. And I'd recommend you inspect what arrives to see if it's as promised.

As for this company, frankly there are so many reputable companies you could deal with that it's just not worth saving a buck or two to use these people.

I recommend you pass on these guys.

This review was modified by rlg999 on April 19 2011 11:40:39 AM

"I bought a netbook from them for 184 about a month ago it took them a while to ship but it was stated on their website that it may take up to 5 business days for processing netbook took about 2 weeks to arrive in all which is good I think considering I'm in Cali didn't come I original package but that was stated on their website came with carrying case that was a bonus since that wasn't stated. I've also bought a couple of components as well as some hard drives no complaints and they do state oem but they are pull outs from corporate systems. All in all good experience and I would recommend them

"Ordered 10 hard drives, listed as OEM Surplus. Nothing said they were used or system pulls. I recieved them a month later. All 10 had date of MFG from 2000, with warranty ended in 2003! 5 of the 10 Maxtor hard drives were unusuable, either due to a very loud high pitched whine, or loud chattering. One just clicked, and another copied data at about half the speed it should had. Oh my Gawd, what garbage they sell! Their website had 5 reviews on this drive, showing an average of 5 stars! I left 5 bad 1 star reviews, for a total of 10 customer reviews. Their website now shows 10 customer reviews...but it still shows the drives have 5 stars! Their own website customer ratings are phoney!!! Pay a few dollars more and deal with a reputable company!"

Share PC Parts Unlimited's store rating

PC Parts Unlimited is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Parts Unlimited is not a merchant member
PC Parts Unlimited does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!