"These guys have always treated me right, even when I misorder something. Excellent company!"

modified review This review was modified by LLCoolWas on October 29 2014 11:13:01 AM

"Great place to find hard to find parts. I buy from their website 2 or 3 times a week. Failure rates are common in computer parts so people who complain about that sort of thing clearly dont know what they are doing. "

modified review This review was modified by James51 on October 10 2014 09:11:06 PM

"I have ordered a cooling fan for my macbook pro.
There was nothing indicating I was purchasing a used part on their web site.
1) They have sent me a used part
2) The condition was horrible and it didn't work.
3) I sent them an email and I got no responses for two days.

modified review This review was modified by newsysop on October 01 2014 12:16:10 PM

"I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. My experience with PCPARTSOHIO.COM was VERY pleasant. They returned my emails in under 24 hours of working business days. NO COMPLAINTS. I have full faith in ordering from this company. Reason being; I ordered an ACER A500 TABLET 16GB from their site. I was skeptical, but said what the heck. I'll risk my $234.99 shipped strait to my door. This was the BEST and CHEAPEST price on the ENTIRE INTERNET after I scoured www.shopwiki.com www.aliexpress.com www.amazon.com www.ebay.com and MANNNNNYYYY other sites. I emailed the company about refund and return policies in case of DOA or other problems. I was politely informed that they have a 90 day return policy. Excellent! I was so anxious to put my order through; I never waited for a response regarding these questions. They responded promptly @10:30am on the following Monday (order placed on Saturday). Informing me I would receive a tracking # when my package shipped in 2-7 business days from UPS. I was also informed that they work with liquidations that’s why it may be delayed to ship. I said that was fine and eagerly awaited the email. I never received (to my knowledge) a tracking email. I may have missed it since I receive multiple emails an hour, and never clean my inbox. All in all, I WILL do business with them again. Soon, in fact. I will be ordering my wife a tablet as well. They are great. I was also informed that it may arrive with a scratch or two from shipping process, although there were NONE!!! :) The package arrived exactly 7 days from the day my card was charged (Monday). Everything worked right out of the box. There was no original packaging, which I was well aware of. One Charger, One Tablet. One ecstatic man. I am super pleased with www.pcpartsohio.com
PC Parts Unlimited Corp.
34675 Melinz Pkwy., Unit 105B
Eastlake, OH 44095

and look forward to doing business with them in the future. A+++

"Spammer - be careful of this company. Spammed me with an email where i could not remove myself from the email list. They said i made an order from 2003, it is 2011 and yet i cannot remove myself. Spammer who has no email ethics.
Proof Here: http://screencast.com/t/KEQIkectJfT

"Clearly a sleazebag operation. Checked their site to see what was available where it displayed "Two convenient locations!". Went to the location and it was awful looking. Lights in the entrance were off, old drywall sections cut out growing mold, wet phone books strewn on the floor, the people working there from what I could see behind a very tiny section of glass looked like they were getting ready for Operation Mongoose...and a sign on a chipped up door that read, "Order from our site, as we cannot deal with customers here"."

"I ordered a Notebook Battery for an HP-DV7. It did not last more than 3 months and it now only keeps a 10 minute charge. I called PC Parts and they were rude. They said I could pay $35.00 for a replacement and be without my battery for 3-4 days, which I'm ssure is longer because they wanted me to ship the old one back to them first. Or my other option was to keep it and deal with it. Very classy! Stay away from PC Pats"

"Used Hard Drives Misrepresented as New.

Seems like a lot of fellow reviewers had this same issue with this company.

I ordered two SATA hard drives, which were represented as new and factory sealed. When they arrived, they were NOT factory sealed with a dessicant pack in the bag, as all new drive are. Instead they were resealed, sloppily in antistatic bags, like it was done on a home vaccuum sealing unit.

So clearly these were not new drives as represented.

I'd never order from any company on the Internet without protecting yourself with a credit card so you can do a chargeback if needed. And I'd recommend you inspect what arrives to see if it's as promised.

As for this company, frankly there are so many reputable companies you could deal with that it's just not worth saving a buck or two to use these people.

I recommend you pass on these guys.

modified review This review was modified by rlg999 on April 19 2011 11:40:39 AM

"I bought a netbook from them for 184 about a month ago it took them a while to ship but it was stated on their website that it may take up to 5 business days for processing netbook took about 2 weeks to arrive in all which is good I think considering I'm in Cali didn't come I original package but that was stated on their website came with carrying case that was a bonus since that wasn't stated. I've also bought a couple of components as well as some hard drives no complaints and they do state oem but they are pull outs from corporate systems. All in all good experience and I would recommend them

"Ordered 10 hard drives, listed as OEM Surplus. Nothing said they were used or system pulls. I recieved them a month later. All 10 had date of MFG from 2000, with warranty ended in 2003! 5 of the 10 Maxtor hard drives were unusuable, either due to a very loud high pitched whine, or loud chattering. One just clicked, and another copied data at about half the speed it should had. Oh my Gawd, what garbage they sell! Their website had 5 reviews on this drive, showing an average of 5 stars! I left 5 bad 1 star reviews, for a total of 10 customer reviews. Their website now shows 10 customer reviews...but it still shows the drives have 5 stars! Their own website customer ratings are phoney!!! Pay a few dollars more and deal with a reputable company!"

"I ordered a ECS 945GCT-M3 Motherboard combo and memory at about 8pm on the the day before New Year's Eve, standard shipping, and with their build and test option. I frankly expected the New Years holiday to delay the shipment quite a bit. However, the motherboard arrived only a week after I had ordered it. We installed it in my wife's box the next day and it is running like a charm.

The price was excellent and the service was very good. My only complaint is that we were not emailed when our package shipped -- although we did get an email telling us it had been delivered.

"I would avoid this company like the plague!

First of all, they are one of the slowest shippers on the internet. Most orders take 7-10 days to get and we work one state away!!

We placed about 6-7 orders with this company and every time were disappointed in the shipping time. Secondly, no shipping notification. They don't tell you when they ship.

Third, they charge your card the day you place the order, even if they don't have the stuff in stock. We don't think a card should be charged unless the items are in stock or when the order ships.

Our most recent experience was horrible. We ordered 5 hard drives and 3 motherboards. Got a message on the home phone (even though we listed the biz phone number on the order) that just told us to call them. NO E-MAIL!!?? This is an online company and they don't use e-mail messages to tell you an item is out of stock!! (that's what they were trying to tell us). A week went by and I finally got around to calling them back to find out they were out of the hard drives and couldn't get them. I cancelled the order.

Note that my credit card had been charged $309.50 the day I placed the order...

So you'd think I'd get a credit on my card, right? Nope. 2 weeks later I sent them an e-mail advising them to credit my card immediately and confirm via e-mail. No credit. no e-mail. 5 days later I sent them another e-mail. no response. So 2 days later I called them and got the "the guy that handles that is out until later today I'll have him call you back..."

Still waiting for my credit...5 weeks after the card was charged...3 weeks after the order was cancelled...

Oh, and try calling them? If you don't get a busy signal you'll probably get voicemail. I rarely get a human being....and they're horrible about returning voicemail messages, too!!

Bad, bad, bad. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

"I ordered a system board and it didn't work as described, i sent it back and waited, but never received any kind of update. Two things, one is that they need to make sure what they sell and describe is what you get (they should test it and not charge to test it) second is piss poor communication, aweful. will never buy from them again and would recommend you don't either."

"Price was good and shipping was quick but the product was terrible. I purchased a Seagate 120gb external HDD. A couple of weeks after buying it I noticed some strange behavior but disregarded it (bad idea). After a couple of months the HDD completely died. I tried various reformats with no luck. When I emailed them for help they told me "sounds like you need a new HDD."

I opened up the HDD case to find that they had actually sent me a Samsung drive and not a Seagate. When I told them they said I had to report it within 30 days of purchase. I emailed them a few times and they refuse to work with me even though I got the wrong item entirely and and malfunctioning one at that. I even paid extra for testing.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS RETAILER

"Good service. Ordered two socket 478 motherboards from them -- arrived exactly as expected in excellent condition. They aren't the very fastest at shipping but the products were well packed and worked. I can't say whether they were new, or "pulls", but they appeared to be new. Clean and all connectors in as-new condition. There was no evidence that they'd been used. I'm very satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to order again."

PC Parts Unlimited is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

PC Parts Unlimited is not a merchant member
PC Parts Unlimited does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!