Stores > Overstock.com / O.co

Product & services pricing Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
Voice your opinion! Review Overstock.com / O.co by clicking a star below.
2017-06-02

SOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWW

"Their pricing is extremely high and they take at least ten days to deliver - TERRIBLE - just terrible"

2017-05-24

Overstock.com using a scheme to ship (or not ship)

"Ordered a rug from Overstock.com, paid for it and received what we thought was a UPS tracking number. We paid for overnight shipping but didn't receive it.
So far it's been 2 1/2 weeks since we ordered the rug and it still hasn't shown up. Remember me telling you we received a UPS tracking number? Right about now, you're asking yourself, "Why didn't he just check the tracking number to see where the package was?" Well, life lesson here. The "UPS Tracking Number" they give you is nothing more than a UPS "Batch Number" that's used for mass shipping. The problem with it is that there is no way for you to track your product. It never updates, it never changes. Instead, you get fed up, call them and they apologize saying that this kind of thing never happens. Problem with that is, I learned about this same exact problem by researching and finding that numerous people have had the same problem with Overstock.com. Customer service will lie to you and say that UPS lost the shipment. It's hard to lose something you never got in the first place.
So the next step in this scam is for Overstock to apologize profusely, let you know that UPS lost the rug (or whatever it is you are ordering), that they will send another one out right away and to expect it in 2 - 3 business days. Well... over a week and a half now and I have a new UPS Batch number that is useless.
Another question... How do you ship something to a customer that pays for overnight as BATCH SHIPPING? It doesn't make sense.
Don't take my word for it. Just use google and search for "Overstock.com" and "Complaint". You'll start to see the pattern pretty quick.
Finally, I told them that if they did not resolve this issue within a week (I thought that was reasonable), I would begin my crusade to find as many places online as I could to let other potential victims know about their way of conducting business. This is my third stop.
Hope this helps someone.

2017-05-23

Waiting...waiting...waiting

"Overstock wasted no time charging my credit card but took five days for my item to be packed and shipped via UPS. The shipping took eight days. So, from the time I ordered and the time I got my purchase was a total of 13 days, almost two weeks. I give Overstock a ONE star rating for charging my charge card immediately and taking 5 days to leave their warehouse. The Chat feature was very easy to use and the person very friendly and knowledgeable, but that doesn't raise my rating of Overstock. I do not recommend this vendor as there are other stores where you will get your items much faster."

2017-05-04

This company has gone down the tubes since 2000

"I had issues with an order in 2000 and they were exceptional in all regards - from picking up the damaged item, and reshipping immediately a new item. Shipping was pretty fast as well. Now, I can't recommend them at all. Don't even think about editing an order or adding to it, even if the order shows as processing - ain't gonna happen. The item ordered took forever to see a ship status and even when I did, it just meant the label was made and it wasn't enroute at all. Arrival dates have changed 3 times, pushing it off later and later. Now, I know this isn't Amazon, but really, 12 days to arrive? Not really worth the savings, if any. It will now be my last "go to" shopping spot."

2017-04-18

very disappointed

"We purchase from Overstock the Samsun Washer Dryer (Gas Dryer). After 2 weeks was deliver all wrapped so you cannot see what inside The driver refused to wait to open and inspect, he told us the package not damage very little English speaking driver. So we open and recognize it is the totally different items what Overstock show in his website on the pictures. We called Customer service the agent also recognize the differences also the pedestal's was missing. She told us need to transfer us to the Electrical department. she get back on the phone and told us someone will call us back after 3-5 Business days. We receive the phone call and the gentleman recognize the differences he ask to send the pictures from the delivered items. he told us he will call on Monday - nobody called we saw on the website the RA # initiated and the re -deliver start to process- but after 1 days the re-deliver was cancelled and when we called was told us it is out of stock no info when going to have this style again. so I here with no Washer Dryer I paid for the scheduled installation and take 2 days off from work to wait for the deliver and the next day installations. It is totally unacceptable we understand mistakes but should find the solutions but do not want to try anything. I do not recommend to buy anything from Overstock

2017-04-03

Horrible company to deal with, dishonest, ripoff

"I bought a Gracy Transitional Dining Set on Overstock which is listed at $877.49. It is a total piece of junk, very flimsy with chairs that wobble terribly and the legs are off by at least two inches. I looked for reviews and could find none on Overstock so I looked on the box that the item came it. It turns out the item is a Shasta dining set by Coaster which is sold many other places for less than 1/2 the price. In fact I found it as low as $319. Overstock has been giving me a total run around about returning this set even telling me it is between me and the over size delivery company. What? Don't think so. The over size delivery company did not falsely advertise a product and rip me off. Overstock says I need to disassemble the chairs and table and fit them back in the boxes. Hell no. We have already spent hours on this crappy furniture. I can't get a manager on the phone and they are neither apologetic nor helpful. Do not buy furniture from this company!"

2017-03-30

Don't shop with Overstock.com

"I ordered two rugs on Monday. I used my name and billing address but somehow used my boyfriends credit card number, which was on file. I called and explained that I needed to cancel that order and reorder with my card. I reorder then check online to make sure the first order was cancelled but it showed as being processed. So I live chat with a lady that again says she'll resolve the problem. Today ( two days later) I receive an email saying that they shipped both orders. They ship and order with my name and my boyfriends credit card number after being cancelled twice. This is the worst company ever."

2017-03-16

Order Cancellations Not Accepted

"I placed a high dollar order and within a couple of hours, I called to cancel one of the items. The only order for the cancellation was that I had found the exact same item for $100 less with free shipping.
I was informed that their warehouse does not accept cancellations, the item would need to be delivered and then returned. That typically would not be an issue for me, however, the item weighs a 126 pounds! Anyhow, they were not willing to price match or offer any other solutions.
I will NEVER order from Overstock again! Thank goodness for AMAZON!!!

2017-02-27

Stuck with Damaged Product - Terrible Customer Service

"I ordered a sofa from them online since it had high ratings. However, when I received it, it was used and damaged in the corners most likely from transit since they did not package it well. I contacted them on Friday and they did not respond until Monday. They have tried to offer money to keep the damaged item rather than immediately get me a return label and a UPS pickup for this package. Then they said that the carrier will be contacting me within 10 days like I have time to wait around and have $700 sitting there charged and have yet to get me a label to return this damaged/defective product. So I am out $700 while they **** around with the carrier. This whole experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I never want to order here again. If they do not get me a label and pickup soon I am going to have to file a chargeback."

2017-01-09

Don't deal with this rip-off company

"We bought a product as box of 8 (SAMPLE). We needed 40 tiles, so we ordered 5 boxes. What we got was 5 tiles for $25 plus $5 shipping. If the product being sold was only 1 tile, it should have been clearly stated. Now they want us to pay thee $5 shipping plus $12 return shipping. Their price per tile is 3 times what retail price is. DO NOT USE THIS SHODDY COMPANY."

2016-12-28

So far so good

"I ordered a watch at a good price with free shipping and it arrived within a couple of days in good condition (right before Xmas). So I was really happy with the experience, which, BTW, is my first time order at Overstock."

2016-12-09

Thanksgiving and Christmas Ruined

"I ordered a dining buffet on October 27th. However, after a damaged delivery and a delivery of a TV console I was told that I would have to wait 10 days for the warehouse to get a third attempt out. The customer service rep told me I would have to take a $70 reduction in credit given or wait on a third order (due to arrive much later than Christmas). Never shop here if you need your delivery to be successful.

2016-11-28

Not a happy customer

"I ordered a new unlocked phone which was set to arrive for Friday. When I got the phone (which came poorly packed with only two air cushions in the box, really come on) the phone's box was kind of beat up but luckily the phone wasn't trashed. Even though it was banging around in the box. Turns out the phone isn't even unlocked! I sent them an email and they did reply the next day as I asked for a call to straighten things out explaining that I needed a working phone for next week as a lot of my business calls are over the phone and I needed a phone next week. The rep only apologized and assured me that it is defective but rare and they can only have it replaced even though it just needed the unlock code. Anyway I'm getting it next week but I still don't have what I ordered and don't know what to expect. This whole experience has left a bad taste and I don't think I'll buy from them again as they don't appear to be dependable and it would've been nice for them to at least overnight the phone. Amazon and Newegg have come through for me and done exactly that for me when something went wrong. They know how to take care of the customer."

2016-11-01

Confusing shipment

"I were under impression with the given schedule. Turns out the delivery had gone through another 3rd party delivery service which took another two days. Eventually i could not wait due to urgent need and i went to that 3rd party delivery by driving up 60 miles (round trip) to get my package

Update. I talked to overstock.com and they are willing to give me some credit on this issue because of the confusion and missed expectation

2016-10-25

Poor Customer Services

"I placed an order for multiple products, one of them was not delivered. I contacted Customers Services via Chat . They said that they were going to check with the courier and if the package was not found they were going to send me another one. in 1-4 business days. I contacted them 10 business after, they confirmed that the package was not found and that they were going to send me another one. It's been 32 days since the original order and I'm still waiting. I contacted support three more times and they keep promising a replacement. No new tracking number on the Web site. I'm requesting a refund trough my credit card company, filing an official complaint with BBB and spreading the word. "

Share Overstock.com / O.co's store rating

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!