Overstock.com Coupons
  • Rating 3.33/10 643 reviews

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
    Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Overstock.com / O.co contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.75/10 5.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.55/10 4.55/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.23/10 5.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10

"When I received the incorrect product I found Overstock.com's Customer Service to be among the best I've ever encountered. Will definitely do business with them again."

"Product was shipped on time and exactly as represented. "

"Attemped to return an order but entire order which contains other items was listed as non-returnable even though items webpages has no mention of non-returnability for any of the items. Proceeded to contact customer service on Saturday but webpage with contact selection methods is blank without hours of availability. Will try again Monday but regardless of outcome this may be my last order with Overstock.com. It should not be difficult to return an item or to contact customer service "

modified review This review was modified by jqunac on March 15 2014 09:56:16 AM

"Shopping around for an item, and found it on overstock. Read the description, the color said brown. I placed the order and found out, by chance, that the color was actually white. Exactly want I did not want. I requested, in less than one business day, that my order be cancelled. Its been over a week. After repeated attempts to cancel via phone calls, emails and online chats, nobody was able to cancel the order. In fact nobody from overstock could tell me anything definite for 4 or 5 days, and then it was, "Sorry, your item has shipped." Overstock can take your order and charge your credit in the blink of an eye, but getting your money back is a long, drawn-out and needlessly frustrating process, and after a week they still have my $1,000+. AVOID OVERSTOCK AT ALL COSTS!"

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"I have ordered a cologne from them before and arrived to me with no problems.

Second time:
Placed order on 1/24/2014
Shipped on 1/27/2014
Delivered on 1/31/2014
It was a wooden desk and it didn't have any visible broken parts. My experience has been good with this company.

"I got an alarmingly good price on a solid wood dining room set, and Overstock.com bent over backwards to help with some minor damage on two legs.

I ordered the "TRIBECCA HOME Silves Warm Cherry Transitional 9-piece Dining Set" and 2 extra chairs. My local "Ashley Furniture", etc. had mostly cheap particle board junk, and still wanted thousands for 8-10 seat dining. Overstock had solid wood sets cheaper than the local stuff.

Despite weighing almost 500lbs (!), shipping was free. They used HomeDirect USA, which bothered to call several times to confirm my shipping date and brought it up the stairs and put it in the livingroom. Delivery took a little under 2 weeks.

As promised, the furniture was made of solid parawood (similar to teak) and looks like it did online -- better, actually. Some of the grey trim I saw turned out to be stainless steel rather than plastic. Nice!
Two table legs were damaged -- one had a dent and another was missing that little plastic nub that sits on the floor.

We emailed OverStock they offered to send two replacements for free. The support rep. was having trouble contacting the warehouse, but sent an update email every day for 4 days as she worked with the warehouse. The emails weren't those generic "We are sorry for the inconvenience" emails -- each one was different. Here's one of their emails:

"Hello Charles,

Good morning!

I hope you are having a great day! I just wanted to send you a quick e-mail that we are still working on this Parts Request for the TRIBECCA HOME Silves Warm Cherry Transitional 9-piece Dining Set for you. We will continue to follow up with you daily. I am looking forward in getting this resolved for you.

**Please note that our warehouse is closed over the weekend so if we cannot get this filled for you today, we will continue to work on this again next week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,

Lisa S.
Customer Care
Overstock.com"

The only negative thing I can think of is that the furniture was packed with tons of staples, which were annoying to remove.

Overall I am really surprised that Overstock has a low score here. I guess it's true that people usually only post bad experiences, at least when the retailer doesn't ask for a review after each order.
I'd give them a shot though. I've ordered once or twice from them before and was always really happy with their service.

"I ordered perfume for my wife for Christmas and it turns out it was one that she did not like. Contacted overstock to ask about getting a refund or exchange and was told that because it was a personal item, they cannot issue a refund or exchange. I responded to them asking why a perfume was considered a personal item but did not receive an answer to that question and was told bluntly that as far as they were concerned the issue had been resolved and that they would not issue a refund or accept the perfume in exchange for credit. I will never buy from them again and strongly recommend anyone wanting to buy perfume from them to not do so. "

modified review This review was modified by renangll on January 02 2014 11:18:33 PM

"I ordered earrings as a gift for someone. Its around Christmas time so I expected the shipping to take awhile (almost a month), not a problem, however there IS a problem with not receiving the correct item.

I could have gone through the hassle of doing a return but having already waited a month, and being that the gift was for a birthday coming up in the next couple days by the time I got it, it would have never made it. So I gave the earrings to the birthday girl. Now what?

When I contacted customer service, they where unwilling to give any sort of concession, return only, despite their screw up.
I will never order from overstock again, this is the attention they pay to their ordering process. Slow and unreliable, with horrible customer service, do yourself a favour, don't shop with overstock.

modified review This review was modified by ves83 on December 25 2013 11:56:40 AM

"Wow, I came to this site after I had already clicked "submit order" on Overstock. I read through the first few reviews and thought, OH NO.... but I just received my order, and I have to say, I had a completely easy, great, fast experience! The placed the order on Wed, received it on Fri (not bad since they estimated 5-10 business days AND free shipping AND 12% discount). And after reading people's reviews of the merchandise being damaged, I carefully inspected all of my stools (bought 2 sets of pairs of stools, so 4 total) and they were all in perfect and new condition. I know it must be awful when your order doesn't go right, and I feel for all of you who are frustrated and annoyed with their customer service, but I think there are many of us who don't bother to write because everything went smoothly from order to delivery."

modified review This review was modified by cklosangles on December 20 2013 06:03:02 PM

"Purely unethical. They filter negative reviews!

I purchased a $5,100 couch from Overstock based largely on the glowing reviews. I assumed a couch at this price must be a good quality since there wasn't a single negative review. Since we as consumers are buying these products site-unseen the reviews are a major factor in whether someone does/doesn't buy. You must trust the company you are buying from to be open, honest and ethical in allowing reviews, even negative ones, to be posted. Overstock clearly is none of those things. I have attempted on 5 occasions to leave a review an honest, unemotional, review, each one was rejected. It is far worse to only allow positive reviews than it is to have no reviews at all. That is a COMPLETE misrepresentation of the products you are selling. My review spoke in detail about the quality of the product, from a very informed perspective and was rejected not once but five times. They cited the fact I mentioned the shipping, which was out of their control, but every single positive review on their site currently for the product also mentions shipping but they let those get posted as they are 5 stars. I feel robbed and cheated in this whole process. This is purely unethical and I will go to great lengths to insure all potential Overstock consumers are informed about this practice of filtering out negative reviews. Buyer beware.

Additionally I called to try and cancel the order before receiving the shipment since the date of the shipment kept slipping out. The Overstock representative on the other end of the line convinced me to accept the delivery by telling me, repeatedly, that if I took delivery a manager would call me back and compensate me with a credit I could use on future purchases. They did not. I took delivery based on that promise, which they broke, and I ordered based on reviews that they have manipulated to misrepresent the product.

modified review This review was modified by Stevehaustin on October 25 2013 09:14:34 AM

"Absolutely terrible ordering experience. Ordered 2 stainless steel rings. One of the rings sent was a completely different ring and looked nothing like it. I contacted customer service. They were indifferent to it and basically told me to send it back. I am not going through the hassle to send it back for a measely $14. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM OVERSTOCK.COM. NEVER!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by michael998 on October 25 2013 05:28:18 AM

"I ordered this product over a week ago with the expectation that it would be delivered within the coming days. However, after receiving an email from Overstock informing me that this product has shipped, UPS has only received billing information from the site. I have checked the tracking status of my package and it has said "expected to ship in 7 business days" for the past 5 days. When I tried to contact Overstock customer care 3 days ago I received an email saying a representative would be in touch within 24 hours,I have yet to be contacted. Very poor service will not order from Overstock again. A friend of mine ordered the same product from Amazon the same day that I did and received it within 3 days. "

modified review This review was modified by vtf124 on October 21 2013 04:44:08 PM

"Ordered an item on their site and before actually placing the order I spoke with online chat to verify the price was correct and it was in stock. They verified everything was g2g so I placed my order. About 4 days later they canceled my order. Without an explanation I called in and they sated it was a pricing error. They couldn't even put an explanation in the email, I had to call in to find out. The CS rep was fumbling with words and trying not to make it obvious she was lying. This item was the same price numerous times. This was the last straw with OS and will never waste my time with them again."

modified review This review was modified by tigertail on October 08 2013 05:06:29 PM

"Contacted OS customer service several times, but I could not get a decent reply to my question. I received replies, but they were truly off the wall and in no way related to my question. I am unsure in what country the OS representatives are located, but none seemed to comprehend English. After about eight attempts, I finally gave up and resorted to shopping elsewhere. It seemed like the representatives were simply selected some stock replies to send to me, and none of them made sense. "

modified review This review was modified by Snoozy on October 05 2013 04:23:49 PM

"I ordered, paid $599 for and received a laptop computer from OO. Trouble is it would not charge up with power.

I phoned and asked for a refund. Initially I was told that this was not their concern, I would have to take it up with the manufacturer (of course it was manufactured overseas).

I told them this was incorrect in law, that they had supplied me with faulty goods and they had an obligation in law to offer me a refund or replacement (my choice). Eventually after about 20 minutes of hassles they agreed to this, subject to my getting the goods returned to them in 30 days.

I asked for details of return address etc. : they said they would send me this by email.

The email came ... no return address, just that someone would be contacting me to arrange for collection. So far, nothing.

Why do I get the impression that they are making this as difficult as possible for me?

modified review This review was modified by glazfolk on September 19 2013 04:27:26 PM