Stores > Overstock.com / O.co

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-05-29

Illegal charge to my credit card

"I bought a chair, sofa, and love seat on 5-21-16. The next day I clicked on a pic of all 3 together, and it was the set at $659 cheaper than what I ordered. The whole time I dealt with agents on the phone. They refunded the charge on 5-23-16, but placed what they call a " pre authorized credit" on my credit card of $1609.97. According to Chase Bank, that's not a legal transaction. Chase Bank is now going after them. You cannot charge someone for nothing Overstock! I will never shop here again. Shady, and illegal."

This review was modified by amariesco on May 29 2016 06:32:18 PM

2016-05-24

A good online store!

"I have focused on many websites. With good performance, it is really a good online store!"

2016-05-23

Months for delivery

"Can take months to get product and you can not cancel your order you have to wait to get merchandise if you ever do get it and then try to return it which is probably impossible."

This review was modified by bmk1959 on May 23 2016 07:05:13 AM

2016-05-19

Horrible from top to bottom!

"I went to purchase a ring they had on sale. I decided to go ahead and get the Overstock.com credit account since they were giving an additional discount. I was approved but not quite a high enough credit limit, so I tried to split the payments. They don't do that, so at the advice of a customer service rep via chat I purchased gift cards with my new credit account (since you can use gift cards AND another credit card on the same order). The gift cards take 1-24 hrs to process (odd, and annoying, but whatever) – it was a sale item so I was worried the sale would end. Thankfully it didn't. After 36 hrs I contacted customer service because I never got my gift cards. First she says gift cards take 72 hrs to process (that is not stated anywhere on their website, clearly states 1-24 hrs). I ask to talk with the "process" dept that handles gift cards and she gives me the number.

They are close on the weekends, and only process the gift cards manually (so how they advertise 1-24 hrs is beyond me). On Sunday (next day) I get an email stating my gift card orders had been canceled – no reason, just canceled. On Monday I just decide to give up on trying to use the Overstock credit and put it on my normal credit card – order goes through fine. 36 hrs later I get another email stating this order has been canceled because they "lack the necessary information". How would any order go through unless you had the necessary information? Ring size - check, billing info - check, shipping info - check. So I am done with Overstock. I do 95% of my shopping online and they are by far the worst. I will work with small no-name websites before doing business with them again.

This review was modified by davidnoah on May 19 2016 09:26:54 AM

2016-05-04

$2.95 shipping can't be beat

"Purchased a pair of FENDI sunglasses for $99.99! Where else can you get that price!"

2016-04-15

the worst experience with Overstock, never shop again

"I bought 2 pairs of headsets on 4/5/16. I got the tracking number on 4/7/16. the tracking number was invalid. It was not in usps's system. I called OVerstock on 4/12/16, they said the item has been shipped, there might be a mistake with the tracking number, they transferred my case to the shipping department to correct it. I was told to give a correct tracking number within two days. On 4/14/16. I contacted Overstock again and was told the samething. On the same day. I got a voicemail/and email from Overstock stating that there was an error in their inventory, they did not have the items in stock. At the same time and few days before that, Overstock still had it the items in stock with higher price. I also got another email from Overstock the item has been returned to seller and refund was issued. that is totally a lie. I will never shop again at Overstock"

2016-03-24

NO WARRANTY with Sigma Products! BUYER BEWARE

"Just purchased these lenses today: Sigma 50 f1/4 ART and 24-105 f/4 ART. Called and Chatted with Overstock.com customer service before purchase and asked if they were Authorized retailer of this lens. They lied and said they were and it comes with warranty. Received lens today and call Sigma. (If you do not believe me call Sigma first and they will tell you that Overstock.com IS NOT an AUTHORIZED RETAILER.) GRAY MARKET product and Overstock.com is NOT an Authorized retailer of Sigma Products. You have NO WARRANTY. Normally the lens comes with a 4 Year USA warranty if purchased through an authorized retailer of Sigma Products. This review in no way reflects on the Sigma Lens. It is a beautiful lens and very well made. You just have NO WARRANTY if purchased through the "Big O" --- they lie about being authorized retailer. "

This review was modified by CGJames on March 24 2016 11:26:36 AM

2016-02-19

Worst Online Experience Ever

"Ordered 3 bar stools on 2-4-16. Its my first experience with Overstock.com. After a few days the website still said order was processing so I called for an update. I was told the order was at the warehouse, but it was a "make as order" item, which take 1-10 days to ship. How can a bar stool that comes in a box disassembled be "make as order"? Anyway, I decided to give them the 10 days to ship. At 8 days I called again, and was told the same thing, and the items would ship in a couple days. The next day, day 9, I received an email from Overstock.com saying my order was being cancelled due to a "warehouse error". What a bunch of crap. They didn't have the stools in inventory to begin with, and waited as long as possible to see if they could get them from Hillsdale - the manufacturer - in time to fill my order. When they couldn't get the stools, they cancelled the order. Then I get an email from a customer support tech telling me the stools are back in stock! Turns out they had counter height stools, but not bar height. I had to tell customer support TWICE they didn't have the stools. Finally they realized the error and said to keep watching the website....ya right!! I do not appreciate being strung along like this, and Overstock should not take and hold a customer's money when they don't have the inventory. I will NEVER do business with them again. "

This review was modified by kary8285 on February 19 2016 01:43:24 PM

2016-02-14

I'm over overstock!

"I took a chance on ordering for the first time with Overstock.com and lived to regret it. For one thing, after my order I found I could find similar items for less. For another, when I had trouble with UPS delivery, Overstock customer service did NOTHING, nothing at all. I fought with UPS and got my order. Then I sent a message to Overstock customer service expressing my frustration with their lack of assistance. They responded by sending me an email bragging about how they had taken care of my situation. When I responded to the contrary there was not further communication from them. Terrible customer service, non-competitive prices. I'll never do it again!"

This review was modified by Tejano1 on February 14 2016 09:27:39 AM

2016-01-14

Company review (negative star)

"We had purchased two leather livingroom sets from Overstock. After four months and five deliveries, the two sets were not complete. Items arrived scratched, or marked, chipped, or wobbly. Not what you'd expect from a $6k set. On the last delivery, we agreed with Service to accept the two pieces that were not damaged viewed from the delivery prior. (The delivery folks said we had to accept all or refuse all, no partial deliveries allowed). They delivered the wrong items, the items were wobbly and scratched. So, after four months, we requested a FULL refund. When we bought the furniture, we were given OverStock points to use within two months, or they'd expire. Since we requested a full refund after four months (and still not complete sets), they subtracted the Overstock Points from the refund. There was no way to return the items for a full refund, with missing boxes and etc and three months of having the "free" stuff. OverStock refunded all minus the $600 of OverStock points. Countless hours, and six days wasted, and after that, have $600 of "stuff" one wouldn't have normally "ordered" online. It is a good tactic, almost a "bait and switch", but more of a "hook, line, and sinker..." Customer lost. OverStock lost a customer."

This review was modified by AnneL-want-furniture on January 14 2016 09:59:28 AM

2015-12-30

"Overstock.com is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I ordered 2 pairs of pants for a gift and when I received them they were the wrong color. I chatted with them and they assured they would be fixed. They sent me replacements, not only were they the wrong color they were the wrong design. Well I got back on chat and they gave me an RMA number and they did an advance replacement which was nice. This is where it goes bad again. I receive an email saying they only shipped 1 pair instead of 2. So i get back on chat to figure out why only 1 is coming. They said that they messed up, they would give me a second RMA for the other pair after he promised me that they would be correct. Now I have 2 RMAs and 2 different shipments coming. Well shipment for RMA number 1 comes in today. Correct style, wrong color again. I Just got off Chat and demanded an instant refund. They wanted me to send all the pants back and I would receive a refund in 4 to 6 weeks. I said that was unacceptable, I don't trust that I will receive the refund. I have been fighting with this company for 2 weeks now and I finally think I may be getting my refund. Stay away from Overstock.com. Terrible experience."

This review was modified by matty2893 on December 30 2015 01:59:42 PM

2015-12-23

"Awful. First I was lied to about the delivery of my couch. I was told it would be put together. It was dumped in my family room in 3 huge boxes. I had to hire someone to put it together because I am recovering from a neck injury. Upon opening the first box--wrong color-- 10 pieces for one section of couch--looks like an uncomfortable piece of crap. I notify them of the mistake and lack of satisfaction. No follow-up. I chat...no follow-up. I email...no follow-up. I am sorry, it should not take more than a week to resolve this problem!!

I will likely donate the the couch to a charitable organization, as it seems you never get a full refund anyway. What an incredible ripoff, and horrible business. They should close their doors and stop robbing consumers

2015-12-17

"I purchased a Logitech keyboard for Ipad Air and the first one arrived without factory sealed plastic wrap. Item was suspect so I returned it and Overstock promptly sent a replacement and return label for the first one. The second one was also missing its factory seal plastic wrap and it was, in fact, cracked at the hinge. Both had visible damage to the boxes. I asked Overstock if they were selling returned items and they could not, or would not, confirm that their inventory were returned items from their supply source. It wasn't worth the $20 of savings to hassle with an on-line retailer that is not being straight with their customers. The customer service reps were great and took care of my returns but they do not set company policy or control warehouse practices. I am hesitant to ever order from them again and suggest caution to any buyer, especially when it comes to electronics.

Request any electronics that you order to be in factory sealed packaging and make the request through a customer service rep. They can specify details for the warehouse. After my experience, I won't take the time to deal with them again.

This review was modified by pbsOH on December 17 2015 09:20:11 AM

2015-12-14

"terrible speed, HOUZZ is 10 time faster, I cannot believe how they stay in business with delivery times like this in 2015"

2015-12-14

"I had a terrible experience. I received a $100 gift card for Overstock.com and thought I would use it for my Christmas shopping. As I was checking out, it gave me no payment options- at all. They sent the products and said they would send an email in instructions on how to pay. Once I received the email I tried to pay using my gift card (again), and I was still unable to complete my transaction. I called the company to give them my gift card info and they WOULDN'T TAKE IT! They said since I checked out as a guest they wouldn't accept my gift card!!! I was so upset- but I have to pay for it somehow- so I offered my credit card information, and they said they would not take it over the phone! I would have to go back to the website to pay! I am absolutely appalled. I feel tricked. Instead of being able to enjoy a gift card I'm stuck with a bill. I'll be calling the Better Business Bereau today."

Share Overstock.com / O.co's store rating

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!