Overstock.com Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.03/10 2.03/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.32/10 2.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I purchased a product "Kimberly Clark Professional Shop Towels" which was advertised as a case of 30 canisters, of 55 wipes each, for a total of 1650 wipes, which is supposed to come in a box with an easy grip handle for $7.19. For this price I decided heck I'll order 2 cases which I did on 8/19/2014. HOWEVER, what I received was 2 "canisters" of 55 wipes. When I contacted "Customer Service" they told me the website's description of the product was incorrect and they were not able to ship me the 2 cases I purchased but would instead contact me within 2-5 business days regarding a possible solution. To me this is unacceptable. I want what your website says I purchased. I was contacted on 8/25/2014 via email, which stated:

"I am contacting you today in regards of your Kimberly Clark Professional Shop Towels. I was able to get a hold of our warehouse and they advised that the information on our web site was incorrect. They do not have a case of 30. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused. As you are a first time customer, we have refunded you your full amount."

At that time you would think they would have changed the contents of the web page, however today 8/28/2014 the product description still reads:

"These shop towels are packaged in a box with an easy-grip handle. This case includes 30 canisters of 55 wipes each for 1,650 wipes total"

They are still FALSELY ADVERTISING their product!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Waegli on August 28 2014 08:06:53 PM

"If I would be able to give 0, I would. Ordered a brown leather lounge chair (which was more expensive than the black leather lounge chair, for a reason, the brown was much nicer in my opinion) and they had the nerve to send me a black leather one. Then when I call they tell me the brown one is out of stock. Excuse me? I have someone stay home all day (and paid that person) to make sure UPS can deliver, and now I have this mastodont thing in my apartment waiting for UPS to pick it up again (so I'll have take a day of or arrange again for someone to be at my house. UNBELIEVABLE . Customer service was good"

modified review This review was modified by BertVB on August 21 2014 05:54:20 PM

"May be cheap, but its not worth the aggravation. Just an infuriating company to buy from. And they don't seem to care whether you are satisfied or not."

"Ordered a dining table from overstock. They called me to confirm my delivery window two days before delivery. On the day of delivery the delivery never showed up. I did not receive a phone call or message telling me they wouldn't make the delivery window. I had to call them to reschedule. Finally when when delivery arrived one of the parts was the WRONG part. I had to call overstock and order a new piece. The customer service was very nice and helpful but didn't really offer me anything to make a happy customer. On top of that, they said it would take 3-5 business days just for them to even ship out the part. Never shopping from Overstock again."

modified review This review was modified by jifei on July 24 2014 07:35:23 PM

"I purchased perfume there a while ago and didn't open because I got another one as a gift. The other one was purchased in store and that is the one I used first. I gave this one away as a gift just recently and when she opened it it smelled DISGUSTING like a rotten and strong alcoholic smell. I was so embarrassed. The one that I have I am still currently using and it smells exactly like it does in stores. They were bought in the same time frame maybe a month and a half apart. My guess is that this site sold me a really OLD or expired perfume. Overstock only has a 30 day return policy so the perfume might smell good for the first 30 days but then expire WAY faster than a store bought one which is what I believe happened to me. What's worse is that customer service has 0 compassion. All they did was tell me im out of the 30 days and that I should join their O Club!! INSULT TO INJURY! Even if the store bought ones are a bit more expensive it will save you money in the long run!! Off to buy a replacement gift now... "

modified review This review was modified by ko29 on July 24 2014 12:14:18 PM

"Ordered US Warranty Canon lens, double-checked with support that it is US retail lens. Received gray market lens with no product code on the box and no warranty card. Support cannot answer my question in 3 business days."

modified review This review was modified by Andrey-G on July 18 2014 03:54:52 PM

"I purchased a rolex watch for my husband on overstock.com. It was damaged upon opening as our first anniversary gift. I requested an exchange for the watch and denied by customer service stating there is none replaceable, however there were at least 3 or 4 more watches on their site of the same exact. I questioned customer service of their dishonesty and denied any response having been found in their own lie . Expensive items are not the way to go with overstock and they are less then convenient with returning such items. "

modified review This review was modified by rtjoyce on July 08 2014 11:10:36 AM

"I have been a customer since 2005. While I'll admit they are not the first place I think of to shop for electronics, I think I will be changing that personal policy after this latest order.

I searched for a motherboard on NewEgg and then did a price compare on Amazon. NewEgg was charging shipping and Amazon now charges sales tax in Florida. I went to Froogle to see if anyplace else had it cheaper, and I found OverStock.com had it for $5 less. When I went to the site, I was greeted with a pop-up, asking me to sign-up for their email newsletter, and I'd get 10% off my next order. I put in my email address and proceeded to order the motherboard.

I checked my inbox for the coupon code, and I saw an email from them saying "Welcome to the Overstock.com community - 10% off Coupon". There was no code in the email, so I assumed it was automatically added into my order. I clicked "Process Order", but the full price of $74.99 was going to be charged. Since it was the last one in stock, I continued anyway, figuring I would contact customer service in the morning.

Today, I did an online chat with Customer Service Rep Lisa. I gave her the info about my purchase, the item, and all that. While she was looking up my order and the item, I decided to click on one of the links in the fine print of the 10% off email. It said "10% off Coupon code included in this email can only be used once. Total discount limited to $5,000. Excludes items in current site promotions (http://www.overstock.com/69634/static.html). Only applies to Your First Purchase. Purchases of gift cards and products from the “Electronics” and “Health & Beauty“ stores, the “Kitchen & Dining“, “Housewares“ and the “Designer Store“ departments, “Books, Movies, Music & Games”, and “Cars” categories are not included when calculating discount amount Discount will appear on the billing page before submitting the order.".

Lisa came back and said "Oh. Now I understood why the coupon didn't apply on your order." I said, "I just saw that as well." After I said, "alright - well, not really looking for bedding or dresses (I'm a guy!), so I guess my 10% off will expire today," she wrote, " I do understand your concern. Let me double check on this and see what best I can do to help you."

I said it was okay, and that the Overstock price was already better than NewEgg and Amazon. After a couple of minutes, she wrote back saying, "normally coupons do not apply to items within the Electronics, Books, Music, Movies & Games, Auctions, Cars, and Real Estate categories unless specifically stated." (As I figured...) But she continued, "But I see that you have been a wonderful customer with us. Based on that, I have decided to go an extra mile for you."

So, they are applying the 10% discount after all, and my motherboard should be arriving within the week, about $12.50 (more than 15%) cheaper than any other place I looked!

I told her "I may just use that extra to buy some SATA cables from you while I'm here."

Very happy customer!

"Ordered a Watch Winder for $530. Received an empty box. Called overstock.com and they told me that they need to investigate the issue and will not get back to me prior to 10 business days. Horrible experience with support team."

modified review This review was modified by joikonom on July 03 2014 12:54:53 PM

"I had a bad experience with this site. My order was delayed despite the estimated delivery date. I contacted their customer service and was simply forwarded from one person to another. No one could give me a straight answer as to when to expect my item. I bought this item from them simply because it was $10 cheaper than on listed Amazon. If I only knew this was going to be such a big hassle, I would have never placed this order. I would NOT recommend dealing with Overstock. "

"When I received the incorrect product I found Overstock.com's Customer Service to be among the best I've ever encountered. Will definitely do business with them again."

"Product was shipped on time and exactly as represented. "

"Of course overstock doesn't participate... Just like they didn't participate in shipping me any of my 8 laptops on 3 orders.. I paid, they ran me in circles for 10 days and cancelled order. Not in stock. Wait. They sent one, but it was the wrong one. No one knew anything and all they did was say they are sorry, but we don't know what happened. My guess is too good of a deal. Worst shopping experience in my 44 years. Cripes in the military I shopped in some nasty places,but this takes the cake. Cripes the one they sent didn't even come from them it came from a pc reseller. No one seems to know where their warehouse is and they after more than a week couldn't contact them still. Plus the issued tracking numbers for all 8 items. Then a support person closed the inquiry ticket for all 8 after they shipped one..the wrong one...I read all the negative reviews before ordering,but said what are the chances they will mess up my order. Little did I know they royally screwed me, stressed me out and now I am tired and depressed since many of them were gifts. Again, too good to be true. I just cant believe they couldnt even get some of the 8 items we ordered. Something fishy is going on over there at Overstock. Overstock is Out of Stock"

modified review This review was modified by brenb2013 on March 18 2014 07:09:37 PM

"Attemped to return an order but entire order which contains other items was listed as non-returnable even though items webpages has no mention of non-returnability for any of the items. Proceeded to contact customer service on Saturday but webpage with contact selection methods is blank without hours of availability. Will try again Monday but regardless of outcome this may be my last order with Overstock.com. It should not be difficult to return an item or to contact customer service "

modified review This review was modified by jqunac on March 15 2014 09:56:16 AM

"Shopping around for an item, and found it on overstock. Read the description, the color said brown. I placed the order and found out, by chance, that the color was actually white. Exactly want I did not want. I requested, in less than one business day, that my order be cancelled. Its been over a week. After repeated attempts to cancel via phone calls, emails and online chats, nobody was able to cancel the order. In fact nobody from overstock could tell me anything definite for 4 or 5 days, and then it was, "Sorry, your item has shipped." Overstock can take your order and charge your credit in the blink of an eye, but getting your money back is a long, drawn-out and needlessly frustrating process, and after a week they still have my $1,000+. AVOID OVERSTOCK AT ALL COSTS!"

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!