• Overstock.com /

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.11/10 4.11/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.64/10 3.64/10

"I ordered a writing desk for my office, it came very fast however it came damaged. I called customer service immediately and they were very helpful in having a new desk sent out to my house. That one arrived fast as well, ALSO damaged. I now have 2 damaged desks taking up space in my home, courier has not come or even scheduled to come and get them. This is clearly inconvenient and I will not be waiting for a third damaged desk.

Ironically my sister has ordered all new office furniture from them as well and her furniture came damaged too. More than once.

"I must be one of the lucky ones because I find Overstocks customer service fabulous. I have had problems more than once with orders but they were always readily handled by their customer service department. They quite simply went above and beyond one many occasions to fix things I was not happy with."

"Worst company I have ever dealt with. Almost all merchandise is poor quality. Some items received damaged, and the process causes SIGNIFICANT delays, but so be it. Also, THEIR PRICES ARE NOT LOW. They have cheap unheard of brands with inflated retails, making it seem their discounts are high. For example, they sell a cabinet from a brand they just make up that's worth $50, assign it a retail of $1000, and give you a 60% discount to sell for "only" $400. It's a scam.

My biggest problem, however, is returns.

I returned a rug. I purchased it for $289.99 - 10% = $260.99. I wanted to return it, and was told I'd be docked $11 for the label, which is fine. When I got my refund, I only got back $210. I've now been emailing them back and forth for a month. I have shown them proof, which they summarily ignore.

Basically, they shorted me my refund $40. The "Google Trusted Store Protection" seems to be a sham and isn't doing anything about it (so far).

I spent $2800 in a week, and these guys have ripped me off for $40. No problem. I'm returning everything that I haven't already used, will never do business with them again, and will go through every process known to man to get back my $40 plus be compensated for my time. I plan to initiate a small claim for the $40, plus my time, plus filing fees, plus service fees. They won't send an attorney and I'll get a default judgement.

Steer clear of this company. They are pretty much one of the worst companies to purchase from online.

This review was modified by LA Kings Fan on May 28 2015 07:22:11 AM

"I have made a number of purchases over the course of the past few years from Overstock.com (mostly furniture and home goods, much of it on the larger side). All items have been delivered in a timely manner, in great condition, as described. Everything I have purchased was researched online beforehand, taking into account it's product reviews/ratings. Because my items have always arrived as expected I have not had to navigate their customer service, so I will admit that I can't say whether it's good or bad. I personally would not hesitate to or order from this site again."

"Terrible customer service. My family will never purchase from them again and I have initiated returns on almost $3,000 of past purchases made by each of my family members due to the treatment my aunt received from their loss prevention department. She placed an order after we had previously placed, paid for, and received numerous prior orders. She received a call from someone named Kevin because the shipping and billing address on the orders were different. The Kevin guy asked her a bunch of questions like how are you associated with both of these addresses and why are they different and things of that nature. Well, they were different on the 6 or so prior orders as well. This Kevin called our home phone and then our cell phone and then our home phone again. He told my auntie that the cell phone number had a different name than her name so it was suspicious. Huh? Ummm, i have FOUR mobile phone lines under one account for myself, my dad, my mom, and my aunt but the account is only in my name. I pay for all of their cell phone service!!! What does that have to do with the cost of tea in China??? Then he made her fax a copy of her drivers license (mind you, she is 83 so I had to do it!). She said she thought he also asked for her social security card but I told her we would not send it. Then after she did that they called back and said they got her ID but that they would not ship the order unless she wired the payment and that if she ever wanted to place another order she would have to wire the payment. When she asked why he told her it was because of a new credit account that she opened to pay for the order. My auntie has EXCEPTIONAL credit and THEY PREAPPROVED her and OFFERED the credit account to her so EXCUSE ME???

Again, we have placed so many orders that have been PAID FOR AND RECEIVED and then after they OFFER my aunt a credit account she is suddenly treated like a criminal? It seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing there. But no problem and no sweat off our backs. Overstock can have all of their merchandise back. Auntie is sticking with her HSN, QVC, and Jewelry TV orders. Toodles!

This review was modified by FarewellFromOurFamily on May 12 2015 03:21:01 PM

"Ordered two items that arrived a day earlier than expected. The items were exactly as appeared on the website. No problems - happy customer!"

"Beware of Overstock return policy. A refund only on UNOPENED packages (and only on selected products) and you pay the shipping. The most problematic part of online shopping is the inability to see, feel, try on the product. That is why most online places allow liberal returns. I bought a "loveseat cover" which did not fit a loveseat. Of course I had to open the package to discover that. Now I face AT MOST a partial refund on the opened package, possibly no refund if they do not like the way I repacked it, and if I want a UPS pickup I have to pay $18.00 shipping. Compare this to places like Amazon, which on most products asks you to tell them what is wrong, put it in a box, put it at your front door with their return label for free shipping, and within a few days there is an email telling you of your full refund."

This review was modified by Lynyllel on April 17 2015 08:44:32 AM

"ordered an are arug on 3-30-15 and when delivered it was not the item I ordered. We called and got a pick up on that item and reordered the rug. Yesterday the second one got delivered and low and behold-NOT the correct rug!!!!!!! I understand that this rug was from an outside vendor that Overstocked.com uses but they are shit.. Never will order again!!!!"

"I'm extremely happy with my purchase from overstock.com. My purchase arrived quickly. The merchandise was better in person than what was shown. I would definitely order from overstock.com again."

This review was modified by cjguevara on March 31 2015 01:35:39 PM

"Don't bother...Terrible freight shipping and customer service. I ordered a bed from them and there are all sorts of problems with the shipping. When I asked about returning the product - since I am so dissatisfied with shipping (I still do not have the bed). They informed me that I would have to pay a fee of 173.63! Seriously."

"Great experience! Most time best prices and shipped very fast, bought many items, one got broken within first use, they sent replacement same day I told them, and prepaid label to return broken, replacement was very easy, I am pleased with overstock"

"Terrible experience. I was promised 15% off my order if I signed up for an Overstock.com credit card. I went ahead and did that and was then told that the discount did not apply to my item (a camera lens). Then I was notified that the item was delivered, but I never received it. I've had to contact them 4 times so far and they keep stalling on giving me my refund, extending the promised time period they previously gave me. I needed this lens for a few projects so I've missed out on several job opportunities, plus I opened up an extra line of credit I do not need and will not use. Very unhappy!"

"Ordered Bombay wall mirror with drawers and hooks. It did not arrive with the hardware. The instructions did not provide the dimensions of the hardware so I did not know what to buy at hardware store to replace. The instructions lacked an important step: how to install on wall. Called product support center listed on instructions and no answer or option to leave voicemail. Overstock customer service says it will try to get answers for me in two days via email. Expect problems with this product installation. "

This review was modified by Jdewey01 on January 24 2015 01:46:44 PM

rickknolls's Avatar

Las Vegas Nevada

"Another project that according to the wife had to happen- the bathroom sink!

Found a glass bowl type sink with faucet that looked great and was priced right. Four days later arrived in a package that I could have tossed out of a second story window and the glass wouldn't be broken.

Exactly as the picture looked and everything included

"I've ordered a variety of items from Overstock with a variety of experiences. On the upside, I scored gorgeous reception chairs for my office that look very high end but were under $300 each. I purchased linens and curtains with mixed success. On some of these items it was a bummer to pay return shipping, but I knew this ahead of time. More recently I purchased accent chairs that were highly rated but were of very poor construction. Return shipping was too much for large items, so I kept them. I've had at least 20 interactions regarding returns with the staff and always felt they were responsive and helpful. It probably helps that I don't act like an entitled, temperamental twat though. "

This review was modified by gravypro on January 20 2015 08:40:06 PM

Share Overstock.com / O.co's store rating

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overstock.com / O.co is not a merchant member
Overstock.com / O.co does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!